• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Soooo... what's the latest word on how to fix Joy-Con drift? It's just started happening with one of mine. Fortunately just on the camera control side, but it's starting to feel like OoT again. Same sort of problem did happen with my classic controller, so that's also a thing.

"Lol, lmao. Buy a new one bitch." -Nintendo

Soooo... what's the latest word on how to fix Joy-Con drift? It's just started happening with one of mine. Fortunately just on the camera control side, but it's starting to feel like OoT again. Same sort of problem did happen with my classic controller, so that's also a thing.

Nintendo will fix them free in most regions, though look up the process for your country in particular. I'm sure there's some bit with putting paper below the stick contacts or whatnot, but Nintendo is still one of the better options.

So, I've had a video game jingle stuck in my head for like decades, and every time I looked at let's plays of the game I *knew* it was from, it wasn't the right music.

The game in question was Capcom's 1942, an arcade shooter from 1984 where you fly a P-38 off of a carrier in the Pacific (somehow), shoot down a bunch of planes, sink a bunch of ships, and rack up your high score. But the *original* score for the game is some weird theme using only a drum and a whistle, and I was remembering something far more epic.

So today I made another search, and finally found a port comparison - because like most arcade games it was ported to every platform imaginable - and when it got to the C64 port I finally heard it again.

As it turns out, the music isn't even original to the game, it's a rearrangment for the C64s sound chip of the theme from the movie "633 squadron", which is a movie I'd never even heard of:

Aside from the music, which I for whatever reason like a lot better than the original Capcom "music", the C64 port of 1942 is pretty much crap, as the resolution of the C64 was terrible and they cut the game down to where I found one full "longplay" that was only fifteen minutes.

So, what video game music do *you* remember fondly from your childhood, and can you still find it?

Hope to god that nintendo will have an open policy for fixing your joy con.

Otherwise if you want to generally not have to deal with thumbstick drift get this

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

Stick drift generally is a problem with the specific type of resister based joint/sensor that is pretty common in most products. Magnetic joints/sensors like the King Kong 2 is just generally less prone to stick drift

Hope to god that nintendo will have an open policy for fixing your joy con.

Otherwise if you want to generally not have to deal with thumbstick drift get this

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/737791.html

Stick drift generally is a problem with the specific type of resister based joint/sensor that is pretty common in most products. Magnetic joints/sensors like the King Kong 2 is just generally less prone to stick drift

Looks neat, might have to get one regardless- just one question, how do I buy it? There's no link to anything anywhere on that page that actually sells things.

A lot of product sites seem to do that and it's VERY annoying.

Aside: I have set up to send my joy-con to nintendo to fix, says it should be free and they even provided the UPS packing label to pay for shipping out. Even if I got an alternate controller I'd want it fixed so I have the extra controller to play with my nephews.

Looks neat, might have to get one regardless- just one question, how do I buy it? There's no link to anything anywhere on that page that actually sells things.
Generally just type King Kong 2 pro into your amazon or amazon equivalent for your country

Considering they sell in malaysia in our amazon equivalent I think they set up a mini branch in a lot of countries

Check nintendo support, they repair that for free. Sent mine for that recently, got them back one week later.

I hope you live somewhere that allow that option anyway.

The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past version of Kakariko's theme, though basically anything from LttP qualifies.

My personal fave from LttP was Hyrule Castle, but I agree everything from that game was awesome.

Another 80s banger of a score: Afterburner II - though I think the tempo is off in most of the recordings I've heard, especially in the title theme. Some awkward jumps that I don't remember from when I was a kid...

So, what video game music do *you* remember fondly from your childhood, and can you still find it?
I'm not going to claim that it's the "best" video game music ever, but I always get nostalgic when I hear the main menu music from the first Lego Racers game, due to just how much I played the hell out of that game as a kid.

I'm also especially fond of the track Daggers from the Mechwarrior 4 soundtrack, and to this day find myself humming it every now and then, specifically the point where the tune ramps up at the 0:57 mark.

After re-make rumors started running around due to some fan videos, I got nostalgic for Parasite Eve and started playing it again.

And I've just experienced and odd nostalgia, as I got confuzzled in Central Park because it's been so long... so I pulled out my physical strategy guide for the game.

Makes me feel a little old. I mostly bought it because fuck the Chrysler Building, originally. It's got a set of maps that show all procedural routes, sorted by the first turn, making that shit much easier.

Just got back into dark souls 1 lately after having dropped it for months. Been having a blast going through all the areas, just need the witch of Izalith than I'll do the dlc.

Weirdest thing happened though. I just now fought priscilla and the encounter was bugged. After beating her I watched a fight of her on youtube to confirm. For one, she never went visible during my fight. She was invisible the entire time and with no health bar (though that part seems normal). For another, she did crazy damage, often instantly killing me. I looked it up and it's probably a bug we're the bleed is double procced and did 60 percent of my health instantly. To beat her I had to use havel's set, ring, and gargoyle helmet to have 250 bleed resistance and mid roll. Even then, the bar would almost fill up with a single attack and I once got double procced but thankfully survived.

I wonder what caused it and if I have to look forward to it in future playthroughs.

FUCK BASILISKS WITH A RUSTY SPIKED DILDO!!!

Thank goodness I had some protection form petrification scrolls on me (the guide stressed that I would need them)
Funny thing is once I no-selled the petrification thing the lizards were pretty much helpless. I had more trouble with the gnolls and I tend to body them pretty hard.

Also Sleep OP please don't nerf.

So it looks like Bg3 isn't the dumpster fire I was expecting it to be, despite nobody posting anything about anything past act 1 ...

I am still mad the only good BRS Game is the PSP One and their recent mobage is a fuckin static tower defense game with chibi looks auto battler

A.K.I got announced for Street Fighter 6 and this is the most competition Juri has ever had for my favorite SF character.

...Randomest crossover ever.

So, been nostalgic lately, plugged in Lunar SSS... and remembered that the village you set out from is named Burg.

Which sounds almost like "Berk"

So now I'm just imagining these take place in the same universe- Berk having been somewhere on the Blue Star before Zophar started his shit, and the dragons having evolved with speech/magic/etc. since then. Obviously they founded a little town and the name got blurred over the centuries, as did their viking spirit until you get a sleepy little town. That still occasionally produces someone like Alex. And possibly Dyne? I feel like I might remember Burg being his original hometown but it's been a literal age since I last played- since before HTTYD came out.

I'm just imagining the start of things- possibly Althena letting the dragons speak and getting them to add her to their pantheon somewhere, followed some years later by "What do you mean we have to go to the moon!?"

...First Dragon Master Hiccup amuses me for some reason.

>Gust announces new Atelier game
>Everyone is happy
>Gacha game
>Everyone is not happy
They dropped the bag on this one.
F3C6U41aoAA4YdJ.png
F3C6U44bQAAHLkH.jpg
F3C6U46boAMlbLL.png
F3AiWlgX0AAtfFt.jpg
F3AiZlVXcAASvKC.jpg
F3AieKnX0AE8D6Q.jpg
F3AiixZXEAIxmBA.jpg

Probably kill off the duo and replace them with the green-haired girl and the female Ottsel. Make it a humiliating end too.

You see I would be good with a Keira focused game, make it more about platform puzzling than fighting, but with ND's track record it wouldn't be Keira, it would be a "strong independent woman" that looks slightly like her.

Meanwhile, I picked up Touhou Puppet Dance Performance - Shard of Dreams.

It's a Touhoumon fangame but unlike others of its kind, it's not a rom hack but fully its own game. Expansion and fan expansion (since studio that made it dissolved) has it so that ALL Touhou characters are featured in it. Capture is changed for you to apply a seal and then defeat the puppet while sealed to capture it unlike Pokémon.

Also, no starter trio. Someone ask you who's your favorite, give you the list of every Touhou character and you get that pick as your starter, all growth ranks at S.

Edit: You want Reimu? You get a Reimu. Like Daiyousei? Sure, here you go. Want Satan? No problem, here's a Shinki for you.

Anyone can be your starter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back