• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Likely because of Hollywood, that has an eyebrow twitching. But after watching the announcement trailer and game play, that twitching continues. It will be a miracle if that is any good. Also will be a miracle if it has decent controls.
OK whatever. It's not like fans have been asking for Zelda to be a playable character for years or anything like that, right?

OK whatever. It's not like fans have been asking for Zelda to be a playable character for years or anything like that, right?
Yes, people have been. I've been quite happy with Zelda in Hyrule Warriors And the last Zelda game bored me to tears before the horrible controls caused me to stop playing.

How has the story been? That aspect was the weak point of the original game and I have heard that it is vastly improved, which considering the original… not really saying much.

No spoilers, just how you feel.
It's been an improvement for me. Like they're loading some more of the story early on and it has given characters more scenes to get some development. Now we even have a few quests around the city/school that I don't remember from first time around.

I'm still really early on considering that I just got "out" of the first zone, but it's been good.

Last edited:
Likely because of Hollywood, that has an eyebrow twitching. But after watching the announcement trailer and game play, that twitching continues. It will be a miracle if that is any good. Also will be a miracle if it has decent controls.

Just keep a low expectations at best or be apathetic and maybe it would be better once it releases.

"Get a dog." he says "It'll keep the raccoons away from your crops." he says.

Dog: Lolno, I'll just get stuck in walls and trees.

Bit of Guide Dang It- you just build a fence. Gotta leave a hole to walk through with the water hose, but I think as long as it's just right there next to it the animals won't figure out how to get in.

-I figure out after raccoons have stolen half of my cucumber plants.

If this were a faster game I'd have started over after that.

Also also: Just buy ONE pack of seeds when ordering. It opens to a random amount but usually more than 10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jHKXl02LQ4&ab_channel=IGN
In PVKK, you take on the role of a commander operating a planetary defense cannon for an autocratic regime. Your bunker, serving as both your home and workplace, is where you manage various defense systems to fend off an invasion of your home world.
However, strange things keep happening, rebels try to contact you, and even your mandatory daily tea ration tastes really odd. You must navigate the conflicting interests of those who seek to use you, uncover the secrets of the bunker and your handlers, and perhaps find a way to escape what feels more like a prison than a workplace.

I'm enjoying Shadow of the Erdtree immensely, especially now that I figured out how to kill those fucking furnace golems.

Lol at people getting filtered hard by the Blackgaol Knight.

How does one do it? They have so much HP that it's insane.
Go find the burnt out house a bit SW of the bridge to the north of the start of the DLC; there's a recipe book and a couple of extremely rare crafting mats you need there. Throw the giant pots you can craft into the fire at the top of the furnace golem. You need to either be above then for this, or bring them to their knees by staggering them three times.

Don't waste the special fire pots on normal enemies as the mat is extremely difficult to farm.

Go find the burnt out house a bit SW of the bridge to the north of the start of the DLC; there's a recipe book and a couple of extremely rare crafting mats you need there. Throw the giant pots you can craft into the fire at the top of the furnace golem. You need to either be above then for this, or bring them to their knees by staggering them three times.

Don't waste the special fire pots on normal enemies as the mat is extremely difficult to farm.
thanks!

How does one do it? They have so much HP that it's insane.

The furnace golems are easy to handle once you know the gimmick.

Get on Torrent and run around their feet, stabbing them. They'll stagger three times and then fall over. Then you can waltz up to their face and stab it for massive damage. They'll survive, get back up, and then you repeat.

You just have to carefully time your jumps when they stomp. They send out a ring of fire that generally only hurts Torrent but does a big chunk of damage. If they jump, you need to run out because they produce an explosion around themselves that will hit you + the ring of fire.

There's one in particular near a spirit spring that's too active to use this strategy on. It'll kick fire and general AoE for a ton of damage. Use the spirit spring to get on top of the building nearby and lob beeg firepots into the opening on its head until it dies. I think you can do this for the downed ones, but I'm bad at remembering to craft, so I just stab instead.

The furnace golems are easy to handle once you know the gimmick.

Get on Torrent and run around their feet, stabbing them. They'll stagger three times and then fall over. Then you can waltz up to their face and stab it for massive damage. They'll survive, get back up, and then you repeat.

You just have to carefully time your jumps when they stomp. They send out a ring of fire that generally only hurts Torrent but does a big chunk of damage. If they jump, you need to run out because they produce an explosion around themselves that will hit you + the ring of fire.

There's one in particular near a spirit spring that's too active to use this strategy on. It'll kick fire and general AoE for a ton of damage. Use the spirit spring to get on top of the building nearby and lob beeg firepots into the opening on its head until it dies. I think you can do this for the downed ones, but I'm bad at remembering to craft, so I just stab instead.

Is it wrong that I feel crafting was a little underused? At some point, I just switched to buying on habit/reflex

Is it wrong that I feel crafting was a little underused? At some point, I just switched to buying on habit/reflex

The thing I craft most is the Rowa Raisins for Torrent. Occasionally, I'll make something for a specific need but otherwise? Like, god knows it's easier to just buy consumables for runes instead of running around hunting for mats.

The thing I craft most is the Rowa Raisins for Torrent. Occasionally, I'll make something for a specific need but otherwise? Like, god knows it's easier to just buy consumables for runes instead of running around hunting for mats.

Shame, if Elden Ring were more like a Fallout/Elder Scrolls type of "open game", I can see it having more use to make you heal regardless of not having enough Estus flasks and the like

Soulsborne, but it's an "Open World" where you can also build your own home and customize its insides

I think I recall "Enshrouded" being described as just that

Shame, if Elden Ring were more like a Fallout/Elder Scrolls type of "open game", I can see it having more use to make you heal regardless of not having enough Estus flasks and the like

Soulsborne, but it's an "Open World" where you can also build your own home and customize its insides

I think I recall "Enshrouded" being described as just that
What if Dark Souls, but it's a Deus Ex Immersive Sim?

Actually, just give me more Deus Ex.

Give me more Deus Ex you absolute pieces of shit.

So I was browsing YouTube and I found a bossfight video for this:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KYv0Ce4Be2I&pp=ygUObmlnaHRtYXJlIGthcnQ%3D
Have you ever thought to yourself, "I want to play Bloodborne on the pc but as a mario kart game?" Well wonder no longer because now it exists and is available for free. :V

It was Bloodborne Kart and right at the finish line Sony decided to be a dick and cease and desist

Then they rebranded the whole thing

I'm nearing the endgame for my first SMTV Vengeance run and this has been a ride so far. I think I have like one boss fight left until the end of area 3. I feel like I've been over leveled for a while since most of the enemies in the second half of area 3 run from me, but most of the bosses come dangerously close to killing me and often force me to revive and swap out my team multiple times so I can't be too much higher than what I should be. Yakumo doesn't show up too often but what I see of him just makes him even cooler. And Nuwa is a freak. Mastema shows up about the middle point of the area and he's just as weird and devious as in every other game he's a major character in. His plan is fucked up I'm 100% I'm going to end up fighting him since I'm doing a chaos run. Not looking forward to that.

So far, overall, I've really liked the story, even with Tao and Yoko breathing down my neck and talking about every decision I make. I feel like relying on them too much is a crutch so they just take up space in my stock until all my other demons get killed during a boss fight. Speaking of those two, it's getting to the point where their difference are becoming noticeably irreconcilable so I'm looking forward to what's going to happen between them during the alignment lock.

Huh. the Uma Musume gacha game is actually coming in english now? That's a surprise.

Yo, trying to do a bit of research for a story, and I saw this thread, so I thought I'd ask:

How does the Marvel Vs Capcom crossover stuff work in setting? Is it like smash where there's some greater power plucking people from their settings, or is it more akin to worlds just clashing together, or is it something completely different and/or just not addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back