• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

In the new Palworld update, there's now an oil rig off the coat of Palpagos Island.

Time for a Call of Duty crossover.

So there's this person alleging that Nintendo will be trying to put more of an effort into making AA games, so maybe F-Zero might make a come back I don't know. Not sure who this is or what their sources are, but more relatively smaller scale projects in between the big ones wouldn't hurt I think.

View: https://x.com/KirPinkFury/status/1806290105918718435

Wish that Part Time UFO game by HAL had more levels though.

Last edited:
So there's this person alleging that Nintendo will be trying to put more of an effort into making AA games, so maybe F-Zero might make a come back I don't know. Not sure who this is or what their sources are, but more relatively smaller scale projects in between the big ones wouldn't hurt I think.

View: https://x.com/KirPinkFury/status/1806290105918718435

Wish that Part Time UFO game by HAL had more levels though.

This depends on who they hire

Are they going to hire more programmers?

Or will their expanding bureacracy expand to meet the needs of the expanding bureacracy? And hire loads of random "consultants" and guys who ruin months to years of development randomly to insert/change stuff

Remember when Drill's (Paraphrased) "I am now owned I am not owned I continue to insist as I slowly financially ruin my company" was supposed to be a joke and not the actual main strategy

Last edited:
Sads. Super House of Dead Ninjas is getting 'shut down' (delisted?) on July 15th, so now's the time if you want it. It's also only $1.39 at the moment, so if you're picking up a bunch of games in the sale, I suggest adding it.

Just started playing through Crab Souls, and one of the 'you died!' tips about an assist mode made me curious. And, uh...
Assist-Mode.png

Giving the main character a gun is officially my favorite way anyone has handled the 'should hard video games be more accessible' debate.

I finished the chaos route of the canon of vengeance on SMTV Vengeance. It took about 67 hours not including idle time. It was a lot longer than I expected but that's not necessarily a negative. Just that every time I was never as close to the end of the game as I thought. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of Yoko for the last few areas. I don't dislike Tao, but I would've liked more time with Yoko despite her issues. I also dislike that the Qadistu don't show up again after the big fight in Shinjuku, but I guess there's a reason for that. There's a semi-boss rush at the very end right after the alignment lock but thankfully you get a chance to save and recover between each boss. I also like they changed it back to quests and dialog choices leading to your ending (which you can check in the Tokyo overworld with the character model spinning counter-clockwise for chaos and clockwise for law), instead of just picking a choice and getting a bonus for your alignment matching up. Getting Rank and Inheritance violation right before the final boss rush makes it a little bit easier.

In terms of story I think the very end is the weakest bit, at least for chaos. Maybe it's just that I missed Yoko, or maybe it's that I was getting impatient, but the Temple of Eternity bit was very meh. Once I reached the Empyrean and knew I was at the end, I was feeling a bit more excited. Especially once I got to the third to last boss. The story really picked up there. The path doesn't do much with Yuzuru, but Ichiro gets to shine a bit more instead. I really liked how things were going and how they went. As for bosses, there was a lot going on in the final act.

Interestingly, you don't fight anyone's Nahobino forms. Yuzuru is killed by Ichiro and Abdiel following the Qadistu reviving Tiamat at the end of Shinjuku, leading to the main character to fuse with Tsukuyomi instead, as Aogami dies. It's why I had it out for Ichiro and Abdiel. I also think the Qadistu die to revive tiamat by giving her their power. Nuwa dies, meaning Yakumo drops out. Zeus and Odin are a double boss fight, which was annoying to deal with the first few times I tried. At the end of the Temple of Eternity I was glad to fight Abdiel again, even in her fallen form, and I got to put Ichiro down. I can't help but feel a bit bad for him, but he let Mastema corrupt him with power so fuck him. Speaking of Mastema, he's the penultimate boss and he was less difficult than annoying, same with Tiamat. He gets extra turns if you crit or hit his weakness, so the fight is slow.

Aogami comes back after you beat Tiamat, and it was an extremely hype and moving moment for me even though it cost Tsukuyomi his life. Despite how tedious the fight is, I loved that moment a lot.

I think I'm going to run a Creation route story, probably chaos again, for my next play through before doing the law ending for Vengeance. It should be faster since NG+ will let me carry over all my levels and demons. I'm not sure if I want to go for the run that boosts the level cap to 150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back