• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Oh hey, it seems Crosscode is finally getting a console release.

Maybe I'll actually get to play it now. :V

-1st person perspective again. Works for me at least.
-Whurwilfs and umpires? Neat. I saw an Umbrella logo in there so I'm guessing it's not genuinely supernatur- not actually magi- well, uh... given the crap the viruses 'n' such can do let's just go with that shit is probably viral in origin and previous infected in the past are what the legends are based off of.
-Ethan's back.
-Mia's not. :V
-Chris mighta dun gone wrong. As long as he's not a clone or somehow infected with Weskeritis, I think I'm okay with it.

-Whurwilfs and umpires? Neat. I saw an Umbrella logo in there so I'm guessing it's not genuinely supernatur- not actually magi- well, uh... given the crap the viruses 'n' such can do let's just go with that shit is probably viral in origin and previous infected in the past are what the legends are based off of.

So... umbrela created the underword vampires and werewolves(they are part of an immortal virus when two immortal brothers were bit by animals that have rabies, a wolf and bat respectively)? That makes sense.

So... umbrela created the underword vampires and werewolves(they are part of an immortal virus when two immortal brothers were bit by animals that have rabies, a wolf and bat respectively)? That makes sense.
I think the Underworld ones would be like the descendants of people infected with the original weird virus or whatever was in the region and the monsters in the game would be the results of experimentation. Kinda like with the original Plagas and the genetically altered ones that are more better.

PSO2 will get Episode 4 this august.

More importantly, they also announced more PC platforms to come for it. Many will be happy to just get it anywhere NOT Microsoft Store, I believe.

Hey guys. Persona 4 Golden is coming on PC via Steam!
I was hoping Switch, but this is just as good. Now we just need a Persona 3 version that combines the stuff from FES (maybe rebalances it too, because I heard the scenario is horribly grindy) with the stuff from Portable P5R for Steam or Switch P1 and both halves of P2 in English with modern QOL features.

...Also Skies of Arcadia with modern QOL, modern models and textures, and a complete dub. It's not an Atlus game, but it's still worth mentioning. I'm enjoying Legends so far (ended the fourth session last night at the bottom of Daccat's Island) but the graphics and sound have not aged well - especially compared to Zelda Wind Waker, which was released at almost the same time as SOA:L and looks just as good as ever.

...Also Skies of Arcadia with modern QOL, modern models and textures, and a complete dub. It's not an Atlus game, but it's still worth mentioning. I'm enjoying Legends so far (ended the fourth session last night at the bottom of Daccat's Island) but the graphics and sound have not aged well - especially compared to Zelda Wind Waker, which was released at almost the same time as SOA:L and looks just as good as ever.
Dude, it's a Dreamcast game. It came out two years before WW, it's the Gamecube re-release that came out the same year as WW. And its anime style graphics aged WAY better then the vast majority of games that came out in 2000.

Dude, it's a Dreamcast game. It came out two years before WW, it's the Gamecube re-release that came out the same year as WW. And its anime style graphics aged WAY better then the vast majority of games that came out in 2000.
I'm playing the GCN version. I assume at least some graphical updates were made at the time to bring it up to Q1 2003 standards. My main criticisms are the awkward menu system, too-high encounter rate (though I understand this was toned down from the DC release), lack of quick battle animations (some are skippable, but if you're too slow you have to wait out the whole thing), and the quarter-assed dubbing. Even Simlish would be acceptable for the time, though a modern remake would have to be fully-dubbed. Ship battles are also terrible and Sid Meier's Pirates 2004 did it way better.

I also don't really like the extremely limited MP (not even passive regen outside of battle) and resultant focus on items for healing, but that's a core game mechanic so :shrug: Crossing the South Ocean was a slog that took up most of the third session. The only reason it wasn't worse was because I bought 40-50 of each of the first two potion levels before leaving Maramba (and also started spamming Lambda Burst at the start of each random encounter, to clear out as much trash as possible all at once).

I assume at least some graphical updates were made at the time to bring it up to Q1 2003 standards.
It wasn't. Or if it was, then I never really saw the difference.

too-high encounter rate (though I understand this was toned down from the DC release)
Have you been hunting the invisible fishes for Doc's Sidequest ? Because if you have, you should now be in the possession of a White Flag, which would make the encounter rate much more bearable.

It wasn't. Or if it was, then I never really saw the difference.

Have you been hunting the invisible fishes for Doc's Sidequest ? Because if you have, you should now be in the possession of a White Flag, which would make the encounter rate much more bearable.
Yes, but I haven't turned them in since entering South Ocean. I'm not backtracking to Sailor's Island until I can finally bypass the rifts and other barriers and take a straight-line route.

Yes, but I haven't turned them in since entering South Ocean. I'm not backtracking to Sailor's Island until I can finally bypass the rifts and other barriers and take a straight-line route.
You should have had enough after leaving Pirate Island on the Little Jack actually. Must have missed one.

You should have had enough after leaving Pirate Island on the Little Jack actually. Must have missed one.
Or I just forgot about it. I'll check again at the start of the next session.

Session 1: Game start -> Sailor's Island first visit
Session 2: Sailor's Island -> bottom of Temple of Pyrynn
Session 3: Temple of Pyrynn bossfight -> Ixa'taka discoveries cleanup, saved in Horteka before Moonstone Mountain
Session 4: Moonstone Mountain -> bottom of Daccat's Island
Session 5: Daccat's Island bossfight -> ???

I considered ending session 4 after the big story moment in Valua, but decided to keep going and almost made it to (what feels like) the end of this divided-party arc.

Or I just forgot about it. I'll check again at the start of the next session.

Session 1: Game start -> Sailor's Island first visit
Session 2: Sailor's Island -> bottom of Temple of Pyrynn
Session 3: Temple of Pyrynn bossfight -> Ixa'taka discoveries cleanup, saved in Horteka before Moonstone Mountain
Session 4: Moonstone Mountain -> bottom of Daccat's Island
Session 5: Daccat's Island bossfight -> ???

I considered ending session 4 after the big story moment in Valua, but decided to keep going and almost made it to (what feels like) the end of this divided-party arc.
I barely managed to restrain myself from spoiling stuff. Please, stop baiting me. :p

I barely managed to restrain myself from spoiling stuff. Please, stop baiting me. :p
I have the new ship now.

...How the hell do I get back to Crescent Island? Going all the way around isn't an option because of the stone reef blocking the way to Maramba, a sky rift blocks the most direct route to Nasrad, and Valua's mountains block any possible north-central overland route.

E: NVM, didn't realize the canyon route was open.

Don't know if this place for this but there is a crazy charity game bundle with over a 1000 games for 5 dollars

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality
A bundle hosted by itch.io with content from 1323 creators.
Buy 1,659 items for $5 Regularly ~$9,205 Save 99%!

Meanwhile, in other news the developers for the new Ratchet and Clank game have just decided to fully give into the madness.

EaR1LcGXQAESN6f

Basically the same Big Dick Energy as this.

Meanwhile, in other news the developers for the new Ratchet and Clank game have just decided to fully give into the madness.
So, what, they're going to bring Angela back? Sasha? Cross over with Star Fox and render Krystal in 4K?

That last one is more plausible than it sounds, if you handwave away the legalities.

So, what, they're going to bring Angela back? Sasha? Cross over with Star Fox and render Krystal in 4K?

That last one is more plausible than it sounds, if you handwave away the legalities.
Just Krystal in 4K would probably be enough to create a whole new generation of furries.

Just Krystal in 4K would probably be enough to create a whole new generation of furries.
TBH since Nintendo decided to reboot the whole damn franchise, might as well make a Starfox Adventures that is more than "baby's first Zelda." I enjoyed it; it had a lot of that old rareware charm, but it was a very barebones 3d Zelda-esque adventure. I actually didn't mind it being on foot, and despite the haters it actually got good reviews when it first came out.

Anyway, Sony's not-e3 press release hit the ground running. A new ratchet and clank, new Horizon game, new Gran Tourismo for those who like that, free GTA5 for early adopters, new Spider-Man starring Miles Morales, several new franchises... a lot of good stuff that's supposed to be in the launch window for the PS5.

TBH since Nintendo decided to reboot the whole damn franchise, might as well make a Starfox Adventures that is more than "baby's first Zelda." I enjoyed it; it had a lot of that old rareware charm, but it was a very barebones 3d Zelda-esque adventure. I actually didn't mind it being on foot, and despite the haters it actually got good reviews when it first came out.

Agreed. Sta Fox Adventures was a good game, most of the hate it got was because it wasn't really a Star Fox game. Which I rather agree with even though I liked it. Just the game would have been better staying as the original Dinosaur Planet instead of having a Star Fox skin slapped onto it.

Agreed. Sta Fox Adventures was a good game, most of the hate it got was because it wasn't really a Star Fox game. Which I rather agree with even though I liked it. Just the game would have been better staying as the original Dinosaur Planet instead of having a Star Fox skin slapped onto it.
Oh yeah, that game. Ha, I remember starting that game up and getting hit with deja vu once the opening pterodactyl ride started. I had to pause and go digging through some old game magazines until I found the issue that had a short article on Dinosaur Planet in it. The screenshot they accompanied it was that part of the game just with a human instead of Krystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back