• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

So NISA just revealed at a panel that they brought in a chunk of XSeed's former localization team to work on Cold Steel 3. Brittany Avery and Kris Knigge are back on the job. That ought to calm the nay-sayers down a bit.

My boss fight attempt against Malos in the Xenoblade 2 expansion

For anyone wanting to try out a new game, I'll go out and suggest CrossCode, available on Steam. Got interested in it after hearing about it, bought it and it's been pretty good so far.

Edit: Right, forgot to add, but there's also a free demo available.

Last edited:
For anyone wanting to try out a new game, I'll go out and suggest CrossCode, available on Steam. Got interested in it after hearing about it, bought it and it's been pretty good so far.

Edit: Right, forgot to add, but there's also a free demo available.
I'll second this. It's a lot longer then I thought it would be (36 hrs. and I'm maybe 75% of the way through). Several different environments, and pretty good writing.

So, uh...
I was moseying about the mall yesterday, found this and was all like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

aff3a8ff9b.png

So played RWBY grim eclipse with Kyoki the other day, and I have to say, as far as multiplayer wave based beat em ups go it's an okay experience, not the greatest but a far cry from what it was when I first got it in release.

So, uh...
I was moseying about the mall yesterday, found this and was all like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"
Oh yeah, those.

I admit I saw some on my own side and while it was tempting, I don't exactly have a place for it.

If they ever sell Time Crisis home arcade machines however, I would sure as fuck be over it.

Some more updates on Trails of Cold Steel 3.

https://www.esterior.net/2019/02/nis-america-at-pax-south-and-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/

This is the panel at PAX South earlier this month where NISA announced that they were bringing the old XSEED freelancers on board to assist with the translation process. The author was apparently able to get a face-to-face session with Travis Shrodes, NISA's marketing manager, and ask some additional questions. Some interesting information here:

While Ys VIII was being worked on during an extremely busy period for NIS America, alongside Danganronpa v3 and many other titles, Travis described this situation as a 'slow down,' moment for them. It was also very important for them to get Sean Chiplock, the voice actor for Rean, as a "step one," to help calm people's fears – this was to help assure that they are planning to bring back the same talent to this game. Travis stressed that they do not want people to think that they're looking at Trails of Cold Steel III, thinking that they can make a game that's different from the first two already released. He said that they are trying to be the inheritors that would carry the torch of this series.

He even talked about the nerves going into the panel at PAX South, especially with how many people were wanting Trails of Cold Steel III, and how much this game has been talked about over the past year- but not only did he want to tell people about the game, but Travis wanted people to know that they intend to do it right.

Regarding getting people like Ryan, Brittany, and Kris on board, this was a day one decision for them from the highest level of the company. A lot of the planning with this was trying to get people who had worked on the previous game, especially as many of them are freelance. They did not go into the planning of Cold Steel III without the constant consideration of various outcomes for this title.

I also spoke to Travis regarding Ys VIII. While he wasn't in a position to talk about what had happened with the title in too much detail, he did explain that Ys VIII happened during their most ambitious year ever, and that they try to ensure that games are worked on with teams internally, if at all possible. As a result, management is completely aware of the issues that had happened regarding the game, and they are seeking to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again with Cold Steel III.

A company actually learning from their mistake ? When did I step into the Twilight Zone ? :p

Less than two weeks before Death End Re;Quest comes out in english. New trailer for it too.

Honestly, even if Sony deserves fuck all, I may get it anyway on PS4 if it's really uncensored as declared. It may very well be my last purchase on a PS4 too.

BTW warframe is on the switch and you don't need nintendo online to play it. Been trying it out.

I don't join parties because I'm still getting used to the controllers though, wishing I had a pro controller, and thus suck.

Like my accuracy goes down to 30% suck.

-edit-

Funner than I thought it would be even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Last edited:

The Devil May Cry 5 demo is out. Give it try.
(Sorry about the resolution. I tried for literal hours to fix it. Have no idea how to do so.)

Last week, I had the bright idea to get back into Titan Quest and check out the AE+Ragnarok content for the first time by doing an achievement run. "I have minions for that" requires the player to finish Normal difficulty with less than 100 kills. The first level-up requires ~20 kills, which is easily achievable in the first area, and IIRC there are about 12K mobs on the original map - dunno about R content - so this is really a test of how well you can play a petmancer build. (When one of your pets kills something, it doesn't count as yours, but you still get the EXP.)

I'm not doing that.

...Well, I am doing that, because that's the only non-cheese way to earn the achievement (joining an endgame MP campaign with a starting character is a way to cheese many achievements, especially the 20hr all-three-difficulties speedrun), but I'm not playing vanilla.

XMax is an old mod that overwrites the single-player map with one of many multiplayer versions, with anywhere from +50% more mobs (x1.5) to x2, x3, x6, x10, or simply xMax. I'm playing that last one. Everything beyond 1.5 also multiplies the number of bosses per instance up to a cap of three: the Gorgon Sisters, the first boss that's actually a challenge, is that because you have to fight all three at once, and kiting away one at a time was patched out for AE... but in x3 and above, the original set of three is joined by two more sets of three, so you fight nine boss-tier Gorgons at once. That was almost a dozen bosses ago. The number of regular mobs onscreen, in a fresh part of the map, is almost always over a dozen and (with certain spawn points) at least four times that. In some locations, there were so many mobs that my pets wouldn't slow down with the slaying and pulled me around too quickly to loot stuff until the place was completely clear. On the bright side, all those extra mobs and bosses translate directly into extra loot and EXP, so I'm about ten levels higher than where I'd be without the mod. (38 vs. 28, with a total level cap of 85)

The real trouble is that pet scaling was always weird. After you hit the skill cap for each one, they're stuck with a flat DPS and health, ignoring item/skill/aura bonuses, until a) the boss I beat at the end of tonight's session (the halfway point of Act 3) gives a permanent +100% health to all pets, and b) you beat Normal and enable the difficulty bonuses for pets (massive boosts to DPS, health, and resistances, even as the PC gets difficulty-based resistance debuffs). That second condition is completely irrelevant for an achievement that only lasts to the end of Normal. Worse, Act 4 of Normal - Act 5 was added in R so I don't even know what it's like - is actually harder than Act 1 of Epic. It's the hardest part of any petmancer run, even before you do it in XMax Full. Which I'm going to keep active until the end, even though the most common current mobs (Neanderthals) are in such extreme numbers that I've started kiting smaller groups away just so I don't have to heal my (expendable) pets as often. Fighting three of the base game's final boss (end of Act 3) is going to be even worse, before I can afford to even think about the end-of-Act-4 mobs and IT final boss, or the Act 5 content that follows.

TL;DR: When playing Titan Quest XMax, don't build a petmancer. It's nuts.

They're making a Kill La Kill fighting game. This is... unexpected, but I can't tell No to something with lovely homicidal Nui-chan in it.

An intro to some basics for Death End Re;Quest. Strange there is no NA version, but same thing anyway.

Streamers seems to already have the game. Gotta avoid spoiling myself, but I guess I can confirm early the lack of censorship.

An intro to some basics for Death End Re;Quest. Strange there is no NA version, but same thing anyway.

Streamers seems to already have the game. Gotta avoid spoiling myself, but I guess I can confirm early the lack of censorship.

Looks good but i will wait for a pc release.

That super mario maker thing at the beginning wasn't accurate. They're missing all the troll levels and hidden blocks. :p

-edit-

Also fuck yeah, the Joker is coming near the end of April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back