• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

How's Starsector? I'm thinking about checking it out.

Ye. Just wanna know what the latest version's like.

It's mostly the same - they've added a fast travel system locked behind a story mode (new super-ship, unique bosses) that's been added after the review came out. His review is for 0.9.1a, the current public version is 0.9.5.1a.

Alright. Thanks for the info!

Sseth has influenced a lot of my Steam and GOG wishlist and shopping.

Even the furry inflation game.

Super excited Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PS4 since it means I don't have to look at it sitting in my Steam Library waiting to get a desktop or buy a Switch. Less excited I have to wait until June for all the Sunbreak content to come with it. Still, I'm glad to have more Monster Hunter to play that doesn't involve buying a whole console or PC. I guess I'll get around to a Switch for Generations Ultimate eventually.

Super excited Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PS4 since it means I don't have to look at it sitting in my Steam Library waiting to get a desktop or buy a Switch. Less excited I have to wait until June for all the Sunbreak content to come with it. Still, I'm glad to have more Monster Hunter to play that doesn't involve buying a whole console or PC. I guess I'll get around to a Switch for Generations Ultimate eventually.

Wait PS4 or PS5?

Oh, nice. The Steam release of Persona 3 Portable is only $20. Probably so people don't get too mad when they release the remake in a year or two. Still going to buy it and play it now, rather than wait however long.

Is Persona 4 Golden worth buying?
Yes. P4G and P5R are both good, and we have extremely high expectations for P3 Remake.

If you want a mindfuck, grab the emulator PPSSPP and play the PSP-era remakes of P1, P2 Innocent Sin, and P2 Eternal Punishment (in that order). P2EP-PSP finally has a complete fan translation as well.

Yes. P4G and P5R are both good, and we have extremely high expectations for P3 Remake.

If you want a mindfuck, grab the emulator PPSSPP and play the PSP-era remakes of P1, P2 Innocent Sin, and P2 Eternal Punishment (in that order). P2EP-PSP finally has a complete fan translation as well.

I loved vanilla Persona 5 on Playstation. I'll grab Persona 4 Golden when it drops on my PS5 then.

Not time for more than a glance, but at a glance... Underwater Frostpunk?
Somewhat, but the plot is that in an alternate 1970s, you are a director of a secret cloning project. Your team's job is to perfect cloning technology to the point you can literally clone enhanced humans using DNA from the local wildlife. There is one tiny complication... there is something only known as 'The Anomaly' out there, who likes to damage your facilities. At first, your clones have a minimal lifespan (barely two months), but as you expand across the abyssal plain, you'll get better DNA and thus improve your clones...

Somewhat, but the plot is that in an alternate 1970s, you are a director of a secret cloning project. Your team's job is to perfect cloning technology to the point you can literally clone enhanced humans using DNA from the local wildlife. There is one tiny complication... there is something only known as 'The Anomaly' out there, who likes to damage your facilities. At first, your clones have a minimal lifespan (barely two months), but as you expand across the abyssal plain, you'll get better DNA and thus improve your clones...

I meant gameplay-wise, building on a circle, expanding your 'territory' to keep it safe, etc. Sounds interesting though.

I'm not sure about the challenge. There's lack of resources, but are there environmental dangers or sabotage? I didn't catch anything like that.

8e2.png

https://twitter.com/shyguysvault/status/1617700171269427200

My sides. Gone. Blasted to bits

WoW China is also getting the same treatment.

Probably the entirety of Activision's games.

Don't call it Blizzard, Blizzard died long ago and Activision is wearing the skin like a flesh suit. Put all the derision where it belongs, with the ones who gutted one of the best studios gaming has had.

The hilarious thing is that it's pretty much all Blizzard's own fault. They had partnered up with the chinese company NetEase specifically to let their games be sold and played in China. The deal was apparently lucrative enough for both parties that NetEase even had a giant statue of Gorehowl outside their office. However once the news broke that they were being bought by Microsoft, Blizzard apparently figured that with Microsoft's resources they wouldn't need NetEase anymore, and cancelled their contract. Which was great, except that the the merger ended up getting delayed. And delayed some more, prompting Blizzard to try and come crawling back to NetEase by offering them a new, six month contract, presumably to expire once the Microsoft merger finally went through. Except apparently the terms Blizzard offered NetEase for that contract were so insulting that not only did NetEase turn them down, they outright livestreamed the office workers going out and smashing the aforementioned Gorehowl statue to pieces. I think it's safe to say that Blizzard managed to rather thoroughly burn that particular bridge unless they end up being willing to do some serious dick sucking.

Well, Blue Archive is pulling out all the stops as the finale of their first arc is ongoing in japan. And they care enough to apparently offer us to see a goddamn Kaiju vs Mecha fight, power ranger style. Scripted fight, sure, but imagine all the work their animators did to have it happen.

Well, Blue Archive is pulling out all the stops as the finale of their first arc is ongoing in japan. And they care enough to apparently offer us to see a goddamn Kaiju vs Mecha fight, power ranger style. Scripted fight, sure, but imagine all the work their animators did to have it happen.

Fun fact.
https://twitter.com/kiriya_talk/status/1618877129516777472?s=20&t=ktd7dux6tzhta_S6nS0JtA
https://twitter.com/Leon_als_8190/status/1618575876907753473?s=20&t=ktd7dux6tzhta_S6nS0JtA
Writers who influenced the Blue Archive scenario writer (sourced from the Official Artworks)
-Nasu (Fate/Stay Night)
-Anno
-Maijou Outarou
-Gatoh Shouji
-Fujita Kazuhiro
-Umino Chica
-NisioIsin

Has anyone else noticed that Switch Pro-Controlers seem to be out of stock everywhere? Or is it just my local stores being out because it's the weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back