• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Oh yes the teamkilling fucktard who decided that nuclear terrorism was the best way to work out his daddy issues. :V
Yeah, that actually didn't happen in SRW V.
He was about to pull the trigger but then Amuro stopped the asteroid drop. Seeing that convinced him to stand down. He's pretty much been trying to find himself in the game. Heck, it even seems like he's already worked through his issues with his father.

So far he pretty much wants everyone to just stop fighting.

Speaking of Amuro, he is a beast in this game. They really hyped him up earlier and by god the man is more than a match for the legend.

Also, loving the Cross Ange cast.

Ange is still a bitch and I'm all for that.

Interesting enough, spending so much time away from their world seems to have mellowed out the Norma a fair amount.

Last edited:
Ange is still a bitch and I'm all for that.

Interesting enough, spending so much time away from their world seems to have mellowed out the Norma a fair amount.

I'm only tentatively aware of SRW as anything but "Massive genre crossover game" but yeah, that tracks.

Not being sent to fight and die against giant dragons for a society that absolutely despises you does wonders.

I'm only tentatively aware of SRW as anything but "Massive genre crossover game" but yeah, that tracks.

Not being sent to fight and die against giant dragons for a society that absolutely despises you does wonders.
Interesting little tidbit is that I just got to the part where the crew returns to Azernal and here we have rather big change.

Salia and Jill are aware of Sylvia's 'execution' I doubt it will take that long for the rest of the squad to hear about it.

I have a feeling that Julio is going to have some Paramails and Gundams kicking in his front door.

Just a hunch.

Serves him right too. Turns out that the Misurugi Empire is playing fuck fuck games on the world stage. They were supporting a terrorist organization that was trying to kick off a war.

Tbh, I smell Embyro's hand in this.

It's time again for our favorite video game holiday
F6_nXNuWoAAk9O5.jpg

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1706794745295487182

So, I found a really fun niche game again. This time it's a roguelike tactical game. It's surprisingly entertaining and deeper than you'd think looking at it. There's been almost no attention paid to it either. It's called Warriors of the Nyle 2, and I've already sunk several days into it. :)

Also, Egyptian cute girl fighters haha.

Considering that War Thunder outright has a dedicated subforum on it's message boards dedicated to giving the players a platform to publicly post about how to make the vehicles in the game more historically accurate, and continues to refuse to close it down despite it being clear that the community will use it to try and post classified shit, I am at least 99% certain that the War Thunder forums are being run by some country's intelligence agency. As it stands it doesn't take a genius to realize that the whole set up is tailor made to trick people into posting classified information while giving the owners that thin veneer of legal protection, like a kid in class going "I'm not touching you!" while having his finger be only a centimeter away from your face.

It actually is now. Asking if you play the game actually happens when trying to get clearance.
Wasn't that later found out to be made up? Though considering the community, I wouldn't exactly blame the various three letter agencies if they decided that it was a legit security risk.

Considering that War Thunder outright has a dedicated subforum on it's message boards dedicated to giving the players a platform to publicly post about how to make the vehicles in the game more historically accurate, and continues to refuse to close it down despite it being clear that the community will use it to try and post classified shit, I am at least 99% certain that the War Thunder forums are being run by some country's intelligence agency. As it stands it doesn't take a genius to realize that the whole set up is tailor made to trick people into posting classified information while giving the owners that thin veneer of legal protection, like a kid in class going "I'm not touching you!" while having his finger be only a centimeter away from your face.

Wasn't that later found out to be made up? Though considering the community, I wouldn't exactly blame the various three letter agencies if they decided that it was a legit security risk.
In 99% of the cases isn't it generally something that isn't actually classified, but by the time that is actually mentioned no one cares anymore because they've moved on to the next thing.
Of course, classification is a mess where z, y and z aren't classified, but combining x, y, or z results in something that is considered classified and can get you in trouble.

From what i understand this latest leak is a document that's not allowed to be exported but is also freely available with a quick Google search and is for an aircraft that has been sold all over the globe for 30 years. The previous leak was apparently the same thing where the document is not allowed to be exported but at the same time anyone can literally download the manual for like $10.

From what i understand this latest leak is a document that's not allowed to be exported but is also freely available with a quick Google search and is for an aircraft that has been sold all over the globe for 30 years. The previous leak was apparently the same thing where the document is not allowed to be exported but at the same time anyone can literally download the manual for like $10.​
"Dammit man, you just cost us a cool few hundred dollars from plane enthusiasts who don't know how to use google!"

Well, I've been playing Super Robot Wars V.

And man, the Evangalion was actually pretty tough. The only mech I had that could go toe-to-toe with it was the Mazinger Z.

Speaking of Evangalion, I love the fact that Shinji is surrounded by a bunch of utter badasses that are treating him kindly. Hell, Hathaway Bright helps sooth some of Shinji's daddy issues.
Super Robot Wars has historically been pretty great about stuff like that. Way back in the Alpha series Shinji got so much character development that he paid it forward by giving Kira Yamato a pep talk during the Gundam Seed storyline in Alpha 3.

It's specifically for getting clearance for specific things.

It's not a general security risk tho.

From what i understand this latest leak is a document that's not allowed to be exported but is also freely available with a quick Google search and is for an aircraft that has been sold all over the globe for 30 years. The previous leak was apparently the same thing where the document is not allowed to be exported but at the same time anyone can literally download the manual for like $10.

This one is DOD and DOD contractors only.

In 99% of the cases isn't it generally something that isn't actually classified, but by the time that is actually mentioned no one cares anymore because they've moved on to the next thing.
Of course, classification is a mess where z, y and z aren't classified, but combining x, y, or z results in something that is considered classified and can get you in trouble.

It's usually reported as the whole document being classified when it's usually either just "restricted" or it includes pages that are redacted in the public version and thus is technically classified.

The latter is actually the norm at this point... because it's been the most common this year and we've had more leaks this year than every previous year put together.

Can I just gush for a moment over how good of a character Alistair from Dragon Age Origins is? Even among the other excellent companions, he stands out in a big way. Having Alistair in my party, it actually feels like I'm playing a game with another human being, while the others, strong as they are, are very much still 'characters' to me.

Can I just gush for a moment over how good of a character Alistair from Dragon Age Origins is? Even among the other excellent companions, he stands out in a big way. Having Alistair in my party, it actually feels like I'm playing a game with another human being, while the others, strong as they are, are very much still 'characters' to me.
To each their own, I suppose. He certainly contributes to me not wanting to play the game. Though its horrendous encounter system is the biggest reason.

You know what bothers me a bit? 'Mind Control'/'Berserk' effects in games aren't as effective as they really ought to be.

First you have enemies having 'IFF' and knowing exactly when they become an enemy, then immediately shooting at them, no shock or surprise. Also being willing to shoot their ally immediately.

Some of that is mitigated if the effect is a known sort of thing, and I know it's usually game balance, but still.

You know what bothers me a bit? 'Mind Control'/'Berserk' effects in games aren't as effective as they really ought to be.

First you have enemies having 'IFF' and knowing exactly when they become an enemy, then immediately shooting at them, no shock or surprise. Also being willing to shoot their ally immediately.

Some of that is mitigated if the effect is a known sort of thing, and I know it's usually game balance, but still.
Same issue with AI players and stealth units in RTS games. The game engine must know where and what they are, which allows the AI "player" omniscience.

Programmed ignorance is quite difficult.

Same issue with AI players and stealth units in RTS games. The game engine must know where and what they are, which allows the AI "player" omniscience.

That depends more on how stealth and the answer to it works. As the first dawn of war showed, just because the engine has to know doesn't mean the ai is intelligent enough to actually deploy counters. So you got to see Tau stealth suits and their commander in campaign just tear apart the enemy single handidly while the ai couldn't even dream of employing them as effectively.

It's perfectly possible to make non-cheating AI (vision, resources, reaction time etc.), making good non-cheating AI is much harder.

I have to throw in the towel with Monark, it has a lot of good elements in both story and gameplay but the GRIND is just too much for me.

Having to grind for Spirit, the currency that is used to buy items, unlock skills and Level Up characters, so often grinds story progression to a halt as you have to level up the newest party member you get that is mandatory to use because the new area only allows you to use them and the Fiends you have.

Also, only being able to get Fiends from your highest 'EGO' stat only works if you don't have that Fiend already after you beat a boss. It seems like it would default to the next highest until you get one but it doesn't.

Hunting Horn is your friend. Iman SnS guy myself, but even I appreciate Horn players.
Funny thing is, I was also an SnS guy. At least until the Rathian Arena fight, where that's not an option I get. Charge Blade just didn't feel right, Lance was like trying to stab her to death with a toothpick from behind a brick wall, Insect Glaive seemed awesome until I realized I was basically just zooming around doing nothing, and Heavy Bowgun went about as well as you'd expect facing down a screaming, furious tank with a stationary machine gun would go.

And then, I toodled her melodiously. And we fell in love. Me and the horn, I mean; the Rathian was a little indisposed on account of being dead.

Funny thing is, I was also an SnS guy. At least until the Rathian Arena fight, where that's not an option I get. Charge Blade just didn't feel right, Lance was like trying to stab her to death with a toothpick from behind a brick wall, Insect Glaive seemed awesome until I realized I was basically just zooming around doing nothing, and Heavy Bowgun went about as well as you'd expect facing down a screaming, furious tank with a stationary machine gun would go.

And then, I toodled her melodiously. And we fell in love. Me and the horn, I mean; the Rathian was a little indisposed on account of being dead.
I usually main Hammer with HH as my secondary, but it's cool to have someone else getting into the Horn. Being designated head basher is a dangerous job, but I find it to be a lot of fun.

Sheesh 30XX is making me fucking work for the 'True End'

At least, I assume that's what I'm going after. There's definitely more to the story than there seemed to be.

The RNG can still suck my dick.

At least only one of the three keys I'm looking for this time rely on RNG. The other two are just hard as balls. The third is too, probably, but fighting RNG to complete it is probably gonna be the hard part.

I usually main Hammer with HH as my secondary, but it's cool to have someone else getting into the Horn. Being designated head basher is a dangerous job, but I find it to be a lot of fun.
Yeah, I kinda shied away from trying the horn because I figured it'd be a multiplayer-tuned weapon, but it turns out they're really good at making monsters lie down and wait for the hurting to stop. And then there's echo wave, otherwise known as the song of my people, whose lyrics are as follows: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, and for an encore, fuck you!"
Yeah, not really a fan of the arena fights, I generally skip them
The first two weren't bad; first is sword and shield, second is dicing a chicken with dual blades. It's only the third that turned into a giant pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back