• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Sheesh 30XX is making me fucking work for the 'True End'

At least, I assume that's what I'm going after. There's definitely more to the story than there seemed to be.

The RNG can still suck my dick.

At least only one of the three keys I'm looking for this time rely on RNG. The other two are just hard as balls. The third is too, probably, but fighting RNG to complete it is probably gonna be the hard part.
30XX is the spiritual successor to MegaMan X/ Zero, right?

30XX is the spiritual successor to MegaMan X/ Zero, right?

20XX was. 30XX is the sequel. I think I liked 20XX a little better, honestly- mostly for stage generation being more open. 30XX's levels seem a bit static in spite of the randomization.

But I do like 30XX's thicker story a bit better- 20XX was more typical of a Roguelite. And the 'Core' system is better too.

I'd recc both games though, they're pretty fun.

In other news: went looking for the rest of the Cyclops hull pieces near the Aurora crash site. Scared off the first Reaper Leviathan and thought I was more or less safe... until I got out to check a piece and another one came out of fucking nowhere and just took off with my Seamoth. Exited without saving because I hadn't accomplished anything but opening a few chests.

...I'm gonna finally break down and get some torpedoes, see how the fuckers like those.

Likely not as well as you like, but they might do good for scaring them off. Offensively speaking, Gas might be better than Vortex... but don't quote me on this, as I don't mess around with torps in Subnautica anyways.

Has Actiblizz cocked up Battle.Net or something? First Overwatch 2, now Diablo 4 sitting on Steam.

Are they just looking to expand the market or are they fucking something up and trying to drop their own old services?

So I was watching AC6 videos and I came across one using a Metal gear rising parody song as it's background music which was sung by the vocalist of the original. And I figured I'd share since it's great

Enjoy

Wait, that's done by the original singer of Sam's theme? Holy shit, I saw this video a few months ago and laughed, but this makes it a million times better.

Killed a Reaper! Only...

...Fifty fucking of them to go!

Prawn suit is nice, but exploring with it is a bitch.

But I FINALLY got the last Cyclops Hull piece so I can build me one, and it can carry the suit with me! I think. Also built a power cell charger, gonna need to make some cells to use for powering my Cyclops.

Also finally got the last piece for the Stasis Rifle, which is also nice.

I wish I'd had both when I found the underwater Degasi habitat... so many crabsquids and warpers, ugh. It was a real pain in the ass.

...Hm, after reading some of the logs though...

I'm not sure exactly what the bacteria is doing because I haven't gotten that far, but it sure leaves a lewd version wide open. Especially with all the tentacled enemies...

MK1

>Shao mocks Raiden

>Kung Lao gets in his face to defend his friend

>Liu Kang immediately intervenes and bids Kung Lao to back off

Lol someone sure remembers the MK9 Neck Snap
Super Robot Wars has historically been pretty great about stuff like that. Way back in the Alpha series Shinji got so much character development that he paid it forward by giving Kira Yamato a pep talk during the Gundam Seed storyline in Alpha 3.
Hell in SRW Z Gundam Seed of all things got one hell of a glow up

Shinn Asuka gets focus and was even shipped with Setsuko (The Female MC) by the fandom for a bit

But I FINALLY got the last Cyclops Hull piece so I can build me one, and it can carry the suit with me! I think.
A Cyclops can actually carry (and protect from crushing depth) either a Seamoth or Prawn Suit, but not both at once. The sub will also charge any docked vehicle from its own power reserve. Problem is, not only is recharging a Cyclops kinda a pain, but the thing is pretty big and bulky, and thus hard to maneuver in tight places.

Funnily enough, there were a couple tricks in earlier versions of the game relating to the Cyclops. In very early versions, you could put stuff on the exterior of the hull with the Habitat Builder, so people quickly figured out that Solar Panels would recharge the sub as it goes, both counteracting the generally poor power economy of the Cyclops and allowing for on the fly recharging. However, the interactions of things in this trick was kinda wonky, so the devs patched it out.

In exchange, they created the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module to compensate for it... which had its own trick early on. In the first few versions with it, the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module didn't just affect the power consumption of the engine, it also affected all installed modules and anything you built in the Cyclops (that used power) with the Habitat Builder... so people would build Power Cell Chargers in the Cyclops, and fully charge Power Cells (200 power) at the "cost" of something like 50 or 100 power, then cycle out drained Cells for the newly charged Cells, thus giving you effectively infinite power in the Cyclops. The devs, unfortunately, patched that one out fairly quickly when they found out about it, and now the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module only affects the power draw of the engines when used for propulsion.

A Cyclops can actually carry (and protect from crushing depth) either a Seamoth or Prawn Suit, but not both at once. The sub will also charge any docked vehicle from its own power reserve. Problem is, not only is recharging a Cyclops kinda a pain, but the thing is pretty big and bulky, and thus hard to maneuver in tight places.

Funnily enough, there were a couple tricks in earlier versions of the game relating to the Cyclops. In very early versions, you could put stuff on the exterior of the hull with the Habitat Builder, so people quickly figured out that Solar Panels would recharge the sub as it goes, both counteracting the generally poor power economy of the Cyclops and allowing for on the fly recharging. However, the interactions of things in this trick was kinda wonky, so the devs patched it out.

In exchange, they created the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module to compensate for it... which had its own trick early on. In the first few versions with it, the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module didn't just affect the power consumption of the engine, it also affected all installed modules and anything you built in the Cyclops (that used power) with the Habitat Builder... so people would build Power Cell Chargers in the Cyclops, and fully charge Power Cells (200 power) at the "cost" of something like 50 or 100 power, then cycle out drained Cells for the newly charged Cells, thus giving you effectively infinite power in the Cyclops. The devs, unfortunately, patched that one out fairly quickly when they found out about it, and now the Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module only affects the power draw of the engines when used for propulsion.

Yeah, I've been using it to cart the prawn suit around. I wish there was a landing indicator to tell you where it's going to hit the ground, so I can put it down where I can get it back up again.

Found a "Stillsuit" on the interactive map and tried to go get it. Was planning on setting the prawn suit down near to Reaper territory and killing them as I went - Reaper deaths do persist, right? But the first time I got too close and one started chewing on the Cyclops. So I stop driving, go to get in the prawn suit... Only to realize I never loaded it. Fortunately I hadn't saved since leaving my base so I just quit.

Then did the same thing again when I drove off the map without realizing it (Sonar probably would've helped if I'd remembered to use it) and a Ghost Leviathan took exception to that.

Bowser Canon Chubby Chaser

6ae

So there is a game I am trying to remember the name of. Its a dungeon crawler with visual novel elements, had a karma meter between light and dark with respective waifus (blond angel and red haired demon doctor) with you cast as "god". Game had a golden ending for both waifus that required you to get the endings for both of them first. Any of the folks here know the name? its been bugging me for a long while now.

Finished I Expect You to Die 3.

That final level was... intense. No souvenirs at all :p

And it seems we probably know Zoraxis' true identity now, so I expect we'll have either one or two more games, whether they combine the finale against Zoraxis with whatever rot there is at the Agency, or split it into two games.

The puzzle to get the 'final' phantom medal was pretty cool. I still need number 6 though, from the final level, so we'll see how that works out.

Overall... the story is better than 1 and 2, but it's a bit weaker on the puzzles. And I died a LOT less in this one than the other two. I mean, I guess they're making for the Facebook audience now since it came out three months earlier on Oculus, so I guess it makes sense, giving you less opportunities to die. I could do without the weak controls that are probably the result of coding for that hunk of junk though.

I miss things like the grenade in the engine from part 1- those were some real laughs.

Between Front Mission 1st and Front Mission 2, both are the remakes, which is better to play first?

I'd say 1. 2 makes multiple references to the events of 1, and mechanically is a significant evolution over 1 that it might be hard to play them in reverse order.

As for the two routes in 1, play the OCU route first; that was the only route in the original SFC version, as the UNS/UCS route was added with one of the later ports (think it was the 2006 DS port), and thus is structured more like one of the later games (in addition to containing a few references to said later games). Plus, the second route kinda assumes you played the OCU route first, anyways...

King Kong got a game called King Kong: Rise of Kong, and as you can expect it's a disaster. I was made aware of the game when someone posted a video on twitter where Kong gets attacked by a dinosaur.
"Why is that so bad?", I hear you ask. Well, allow me to enlighten you: They used a jpeg of the dinosaur in a cutscene. You gotta see it for yourself, it's worse than jpeg Dog of Ace Combat fame.

King Kong got a game called King Kong: Rise of Kong, and as you can expect it's a disaster. I was made aware of the game when someone posted a video on twitter where Kong gets attacked by a dinosaur.
"Why is that so bad?", I hear you ask. Well, allow me to enlighten you: They used a jpeg of the dinosaur in a cutscene. You gotta see it for yourself, it's worse than jpeg Dog of Ace Combat fame.
That's a shame. I really enjoyed Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005) since it was pretty fun to play.

So there is a game I am trying to remember the name of. It's a dungeon crawler with visual novel elements, had a karma meter between light and dark with respective waifus (blond angel and red haired demon doctor) with you cast as "god". Game had a golden ending for both waifus that required you to get the endings for both of them first. Any of the folks here know the name? its been bugging me for a long while now.
Dark Messiah?

I think I crashed a lesbian wyvern sex video last night.

I finally stopped procrastinating on tracking down the Pink Rathian in Monster Hunter World. If you're familiar with it, the mission you're involved in has her attack you mid-journey, launching you right into the fight before you can prepare at all. And I've gotten in the bad habit of eating and restocking after I arrive, which meant I'm low on supplies and without buffs. And since I'm fighting a monster with a slightly different move set than I'm used to, I wind up incredibly focused. So focused, in fact, that I manage to miss the Legiana landing until she sticks her face into our fight in a perfect 'Hey, what's going on in this thread?' moment and shrieks me into a stun.

By the time I wiggle out of it, the two ladies are in full turf war, basically ignoring my attempts to clobber them into unconsciousness. Until, finally, they decide I'm a third wheel, and go fly off to continue things on their own. They don't separate the entire time it takes me to sharpen, eat, and restock, either. On the contrary: The third monster in the area, a Tzitzi-ya-ku, is now taking pictures of the whole thing.

How am I supposed to go back to other games knowing I'm never going to get a boss fight interrupted by another boss who's not a set piece, just bored and horny?

How am I supposed to go back to other games knowing I'm never going to get a boss fight interrupted by another boss who's not a set piece, just bored and horny?
You could try some old school Cataclysm from before static spawns. Enjoy looting a town and shotgunning some Zs, get Hulkus Interruptus. It is still possible to run into something too nasty to handle by accident but very, very rare you cannot back off these days.

I recently beat guardian tales world 13.

The boss was much easier that world 11, like soooo much easier, I didn't die once. But I liked the boss much better.

Instead of just a uber stat stick that feels like you need to pay to even stand a chance of winning, like all the passages are starting to feel like after world 10, this boss felt fair without cheaty gimmics.

I can't tell you how many times beth 1 shot me because a bomb spawned on me. It happened more then 10 times.

No, the story leading up to the world 13 boss and the fight itself was perfect. I hope more bosses are like that and don't make me feel like I need to shell out cash in order to improve my chances or for revives.

Maybe its just because I'm using guardain as the main character in her fucking story and expecting to be actually able to use her comfortably in her fucking story.

I recently beat guardian tales world 13.

The boss was much easier that world 11, like soooo much easier, I didn't die once. But I liked the boss much better.

Instead of just a uber stat stick that feels like you need to pay to even stand a chance of winning, like all the passages are starting to feel like after world 10, this boss felt fair without cheaty gimmics.

I can't tell you how many times beth 1 shot me because a bomb spawned on me. It happened more then 10 times.

No, the story leading up to the world 13 boss and the fight itself was perfect. I hope more bosses are like that and don't make me feel like I need to shell out cash in order to improve my chances or for revives.

Maybe its just because I'm using guardain as the main character in her fucking story and expecting to be actually able to use her comfortably in her fucking story.
Good on you for still playing. I dropped it a while ago because I got bored, and haven't looked back since. But agreed on the passages; it felt like they're trying to keep the whales from getting bored and neglecting everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back