• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Does anyone know the encounter rate for the Gryvain Techie in TiTS' tutorial dungeon? I'm trying to grind out the Ancient Long Laser Rifle but I'm only encountering the salvager enemies.

Space Reign looks like a game that scratches an itch.

I've developed an appreciation for ballistic weapons in space. Or maybe I should just get into Space Engineers PvP for live fleet battle experience. I should.

Blade... simping... for Captain Marvel... can't breathe...

EDIT:

media

Reddit Link

...I feel like some of these tell a story. Like why does Spider-Man not like cards? I feel like either there's a specific bit of lore I don't know there... or he had a tragic experience with a poker game some time after he started his hero career. Like the Avengers get up to some serious shenanigans when it comes to forfeits.

I'll also note that Tony does not enjoy drinking- guess this is after he cleaned up.

Also amused that Logan and Strange only share one loved activity- exploring. A lot of the rest of theirs are exact opposites.

And I'm imagining the captains getting really competitive with each-other over cards, which amuses me.

Last edited:
I feel liike I missed something which I will really hate

Marvel's Midnight Suns. Blade has a thing for Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and is very embarrassed about it. Keeps threatening me that the conversation never happened. It's HILARIOUS!

Longer explanation: Midnight Suns tried to crib off Persona a bit, letting you hang out with the heroes and do fun stuff, with events where you get to know them better when their friendship level goes up, and massive combat boosts when the overall Friendship Level goes up- though I haven't pulled that card yet so I don't know just how massive yet.

But that's how you get little side stories like Blade having a thing for Marvel.

There's also clubs where you hang out with multiple heroes- so far I've just gotten to the one with Nico Minoru, Magik, and Dr. Strange trying to help with the Hunter (Player's) memories, trying to remember how exactly they took down the villain (and died) last time since death messed with their memories. A club with Dr. Strange coming up with the name and Nico rearranging it to spell "EMO KIDS" which is funny.

The new Ubisoft+ and getting gamers comfortable with not owning their games

A part of the article said:
"I don't have a crystal ball, but when you look at the different subscription services that are out there, we've had a rapid expansion over the last couple of years, but it's still relatively small compared to the other models," he begins. "We're seeing expansion on console as the likes of PlayStation and Xbox bring new people in. On PC, from a Ubisoft standpoint, it's already been great, but we are looking to reach out more on PC, so we see opportunity there.

"One of the things we saw is that gamers are used to, a little bit like DVD, having and owning their games. That's the consumer shift that needs to happen. They got comfortable not owning their CD collection or DVD collection. That's a transformation that's been a bit slower to happen [in games]. As gamers grow comfortable in that aspect… you don't lose your progress. If you resume your game at another time, your progress file is still there. That's not been deleted. You don't lose what you've built in the game or your engagement with the game. So it's about feeling comfortable with not owning your game.

"I still have two boxes of DVDs. I definitely understand the gamers perspective with that. But as people embrace that model, they will see that these games will exist, the service will continue, and you'll be able to access them when you feel like. That's reassuring.

"Streaming is also a thing that works really well with subscription. So you pay when you need it, as opposed to paying all the time."

Streaming is a distribution method that appears to lend itself to the subscription model, although currently it remains a very niche corner of the business. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told GI in June that Ubisoft believes in streaming, but that it needs time. "It's getting there," he told us. "Just not as fast as we thought. When you are in a good city with good internet, it's fantastic. But it's not the case for everyone. The Nvidia experience, for example, is fantastic, but we thought it would go faster. We've learned a lot by working with these services, and we're using that experience to enhance what we're doing,"

Well that was silly. Built a training area bonus that lets you fight waves of enemies for extra XP, but you can only use a single character- not sure if you HAVE to survive all three waves to get anything or if you can get as much as you can get. The enemies do give you extra card plays whenever they're killed and non-mook enemies draw extra cards, so you can go on as long as you can kill enemies, more or less.

Sent Dr. Strange in there. First turn I killed a bunch (of the around twenty freaking enemies, maybe thirty) but not all of them... but I lucked out on an Epic card for him earlier, so he just gave himself Concealment with his last card and they couldn't target him. No damage.

But he also had a card that lets him add damage to all attack cards in the hand. And the upgraded version, which I have, keeps that bonus for the entire battle. Plus Eye of Agomotto which gives him four card plays his next turn instead of three.

So Eye, Enhance, Kill, Kill, Kill, Enhance again, Kill Kill etc. Wiped the field on his second turn. Then again on the third turn since even his weakest move that isn't even supposed to deal damage except by Knockback could one-shot the strongest enemies.

It was a really, really silly Flawless Victory.

I don't think any of my other characters could do that right now.

EDIT:

Blade's trying to start a book club. Invited me and the Captains (America and Marvel)

Captain America has just told me the story of why the Avengers no longer have a 'literature circle' that Tony and Bruce started. Bruce picked the first book, supposedly his favorite.

Tony said it was the worst poetry he'd ever read and a mascara-blinded lab monkey could do better.

Turns out it was not, in fact, Bruce Banner's favorite book.

It was Hulk's.

They lost two floors of Avengers Tower that day and Black Widow invoked the "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" rule and banned book clubs.

This game just keeps delivering the hilarious anecdotes.

Last edited:
If anyone who plays Witcher 3 can tell a man where he can get some damn (basic, not superior or enhanced) relict oil, that would be greatly appreciated.

Playing Mario Wonder- got it for mom for christmas, she's near the end of the game and I'm just starting.

I'm amused that the first Special World level took me around 30/40 lives and is on paper the simplest and easiest, while the second took maybe three lives and the third was one-shot. The semi-final (that opens once you complete three others) took more, but only maybe ten.

That first level can really go fuck itself though.

Other than the Wonder Flowers, it really is just typical Mario. A few new gimmicks, a few new powerups- meh. The Wonder Flower sections shake it up pretty good though, drug-trips that they are.

Oh, and ignore the standee gacha until you get through a Special World level- there's a shop in the center where you get a guaranteed new item every time (at triple price) that's much better than hoping, slow as it rolls.

I wouldn't even bother but I keep nearing max flower coins and it hurts my OCD to let new ones go to waste :p

Got to the fourth boss in The Tale of Onogoro, so Haru's got her eye back now- and some of her power, she says, which I assume will add new pieces to the puzzles.

First boss was a tutorial boss so it can be excused. Wait for it to do its laser attack, shoot the weak point.

Second boss was a lot better, wait for it to do its slow rocket fist, stop it with a shield, load the fist into a launcher and expose the weak point. Double-charge required and the elemental monuments move faster each phase.

Third boss... was kinda phoning it in. The only 'tricky' part was the black hole traps trying to suck Haru in. The elemental monuments were exposed from the getgo and completely stationary. You could easily keep it from firing more than two shots even in the last phase by hitting it early enough.

Fourth boss... the fourth boss was a massive step up. It was bigger and cooler than any of the previous bosses, and the three phases were three separate puzzles of increasing difficulty, while being shot at of course.

One last level before the grand finale. As a puzzle game it's okay. As a story it's pretty good. Haru's still the best part though. There's a real sense of companionship there.

Not a good year for game devs if you're in one of the famous brands.

Started playing Dwarf Fortress. The Steam version, since my eyes can't make sense of ASCII to that degree. And my first fort is going... well?

Still getting the hang of controls, and trying to shake some habits I picked up from Rimworld. My fort (as badly designed as it is) spent a good few seasons without any Alcohol, because I couldn't figure out how to set up proper production for the Stills, then I needed clothes for my Dwarves, and somehow figure out how to make the necessary materials, all while digging around, trying to find usable metal... I'm half playing the game, half looking at the Wiki, trying to steer my stunties through life. Already had a few deaths, but those were due to falling trees, not to beasts.

And, yes, I know of the Learning Cliff, but I think I'm climbing it.

Where psychopath brought back to life as a cyborg uses a railgun-equipped Electric Guitar to fight a Cyborg Ninja-esque Mecha possessed by a dead baby.

Yeah, Kojima found more crack.

So, a hilarious moment in Onogoro- sometimes Haru asks you questions and you can nod or shake your head to answer her.

"May I ask... How old you are? No, you can't answer... Were you born in the late 1800s?"

*shakes head*

"Oh! Then you must have been born in the early 1900s, like me!"

*Shakes head*

"Oh, I apologize, I hadn't realized you were at such an advanced age!"

*Wheezing and trying not to lose the headset laughing*

Paraphrasing, don't remember the exact conversation, but it was hilarious and adorable when she thought I was 100 years old.

Just finished the story mode for Tekken 8

Seriously what the fuck was with the designs for True Devil Kazuya and Angel Jin, that was some Final Fantasy shit right there

Some news on the Dwarf Fortress front. I have discovered what Monster Slayers are, which led to some unusual circumstances.

I managed to dig into a cave system, and, of course, Monster Slayers showed up to fight the beasts lurking down there, as you do. What I did not notice was that the "entrance" to the caverns was on an elevated cliff, meaning I could see the caverns, but nobody could actually enter them. So, over time, more and more Monster Slayers showed up, asking to reside at my fortress, and me, not knowing any better, let them in, only to wonder why the hell they are all just hanging out on the main floor not doing anything except eating my food and drinking my booze. There were multiple dozens of them there, but I kinda ignored them, figuring that, if the inevitable Goblin raid came, these guys might help my militia.

Fast forward like, maybe two years ingame, and I finally realized what the problem was, because a mining order was still there after such a long time, and I saw that the sand I thought was the floor was actually an elevation below, meaning the section designated for mining wasn't accessible. So I went and had a set of stairs dug, so I could access the caves properly.

And suddenly, as if the Pope had called for a Crusade to retake the Holy Land, and Jerusalem happened to be buried in the rock below some random backwater Dwarven stronghold, all these Monster Slayers just streamed down into the caverns, all of them, killing everything they came across that wasn't humanoid, and bombarding me with "Cavern discovered" notifications as these mad bastards just charged into the tunnels, making Gotrek Gurnisson proud.

There was a Forgotten Beast down in the caves, one that apparently produced deadly gas, but it never attacked my fort, so I might see if it's still alive and can fight its way through the veritable army of Witcher-wannabes that are spreading out into the place, or if it was killed by the local wildlife. I mean, I got the notification and all, but it never came to visit, so we shall see.

TL;DR: Accidentally created a Monster Slayer Crusade, because I was being stupid with my tunnel excavations.

Some news on the Dwarf Fortress front. I have discovered what Monster Slayers are, which led to some unusual circumstances.

I managed to dig into a cave system, and, of course, Monster Slayers showed up to fight the beasts lurking down there, as you do. What I did not notice was that the "entrance" to the caverns was on an elevated cliff, meaning I could see the caverns, but nobody could actually enter them. So, over time, more and more Monster Slayers showed up, asking to reside at my fortress, and me, not knowing any better, let them in, only to wonder why the hell they are all just hanging out on the main floor not doing anything except eating my food and drinking my booze. There were multiple dozens of them there, but I kinda ignored them, figuring that, if the inevitable Goblin raid came, these guys might help my militia.

Fast forward like, maybe two years ingame, and I finally realized what the problem was, because a mining order was still there after such a long time, and I saw that the sand I thought was the floor was actually an elevation below, meaning the section designated for mining wasn't accessible. So I went and had a set of stairs dug, so I could access the caves properly.

And suddenly, as if the Pope had called for a Crusade to retake the Holy Land, and Jerusalem happened to be buried in the rock below some random backwater Dwarven stronghold, all these Monster Slayers just streamed down into the caverns, all of them, killing everything they came across that wasn't humanoid, and bombarding me with "Cavern discovered" notifications as these mad bastards just charged into the tunnels, making Gotrek Gurnisson proud.

There was a Forgotten Beast down in the caves, one that apparently produced deadly gas, but it never attacked my fort, so I might see if it's still alive and can fight its way through the veritable army of Witcher-wannabes that are spreading out into the place, or if it was killed by the local wildlife. I mean, I got the notification and all, but it never came to visit, so we shall see.

TL;DR: Accidentally created a Monster Slayer Crusade, because I was being stupid with my tunnel excavations.
You say stupid, I say you just found the best possible way to exploit them into being useful.

You say stupid, I say you just found the best possible way to exploit them into being useful.
I mean, it was an accident, rather than deliberate, but then again I do get the caverns explored basically for free, since none of my actual citizens are in any danger (though I do regularly check the entrance to the caverns to check if these Monster Slayers lure anything unsavory to my fort, and got the militia in training just in case), and all it cost me was a dent in my food and alcohol supply.

Though I might turn the entry hall into the caverns into a tavern for these guys, well, or build one next to it, that could be fun. And that also means any nasty critter crawling up from below will have to fight through a meat wall of Monster Slayers that may or may not be drunk, while said Monster Slayers have accommodations and booze near their place of work. Win-Win.

Last edited:
God Devil May Cry mobile is so sad

>Nebulajoy so people are wary
>The Beta and trailers show a pretty good adaptation of DMC Combat to mobile overall speaking
>Ditch all that shit and make a bootleg rotation combat a la Genshin
>All characters are just Dante Vergil and Nero in different costumes
>Lazy fucks that they are this means Credo, Nero Angelo, Fury never ever

Just finished the story mode for Tekken 8

Seriously what the fuck was with the designs for True Devil Kazuya and Angel Jin, that was some Final Fantasy shit right there
>We are officially finishing the Mishima saga

SIKE DEVIL REINA

>When Heihachi was a paranoid bastard who had Lars just to test if the Devil Gene also came from him

Yeah no that doesn't track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back