• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

I honestly think Limbus broke me, in some small way at least.

Now? I don't want any fanservice with my gacha. I care not for sexy .png's, I don't crave waifus, and sure as heck I'm not paying premium for .jpg's.

I just want a decent story. The continuation of the tale the studio started already. I'm looking forward to new story segments about the Sinners because so far it's been a very enjoyable ride, and I wish for it to continue forever.
Limbus company was the first game I spent money on, that shit was so addictive, tho I got burned out in the end, the story is amazing and I can remember thinking the peak was with the Kromer fight, then seeing snippets from the ishmael chapter and realizing the peak was yet to come

Limbus company was the first game I spent money on, that shit was so addictive, tho I got burned out in the end, the story is amazing and I can remember thinking the peak was with the Kromer fight, then seeing snippets from the ishmael chapter and realizing the peak was yet to come
I get you. I also thought the Kromie fight was peak, but then it was all FLY BROKEN WINGS with peak Yi Sang, then it turned out it was Ishmael who had been peak all along...

...then of course fucking Erlking had to drop

I'm playing mostly 3 gacha games, FGO, AFK and Solo Leveling Arise. And it's fucking sad when the 8 years old game with the rock paper scissors mechanics is the most enjoyable to play of the three. AFK is so buggy it's a miracle if it doesn't crash 3 times in the 30 frigging minutes I dedicate to it per day, Solo its a grinding nightmare that is so meh I cannot understand why I'm still playing it ( last update left it unplayable for half a day, and I almost almost dropped it, but sadly they patched it soon enough for not to uninstall it ( but can you call that thing playing when 99% its the auto playing for me? ). Also I'm level 86 and still can't start the good raid farming fights because the frigging Cerberus ( the first enemy of the entire castle ) defeats me every time, but the game is so meh I can't bother search on the internet for a strategy to win that fight. Is that sad, IMVHO.

Meanwhile FGO has lost a lot of its shining but is still entertaining to play, even if 99% is still farming.

She knows.
mhjroi.png

I honestly think Limbus broke me, in some small way at least.

Now? I don't want any fanservice with my gacha. I care not for sexy .png's, I don't crave waifus, and sure as heck I'm not paying premium for .jpg's.

I just want a decent story. The continuation of the tale the studio started already. I'm looking forward to new story segments about the Sinners because so far it's been a very enjoyable ride, and I wish for it to continue forever.
Literally that meme huh? I don't want to be horny. I just want to be happy?

I am currently playing Bravely Default II on my Steamdeck

For some reason, I can't use my PS4 controller with it on my PC

I'd prefer playing on my PC, as my Steamdeck starts losing like 20-40% battery at least an hour into playing

Doing a big swords build for the original Dark Souls. Just killed the Gaping Dragon and entered Blighttown. Anyone got advice vis a vis weapon pickups, upgrades, and so on?

Doing a big swords build for the original Dark Souls. Just killed the Gaping Dragon and entered Blighttown. Anyone got advice vis a vis weapon pickups, upgrades, and so on?
Big swords or beeg big swords? Bastard Sword's a personal favorite until I've got Artorias' sword or a Black Knight Sword for the former; Black Knight Greatsword and Zweihander are pretty common for the latter, easy to grab as they are.

Upgrades are gonna depend on how you stat up/want to play. Sticking with normal physical weapons is plenty viable whether you use the elemental consumables/spells or just stick with the physical big bonk.

Last edited:
Black Knight Greatsword.
Hmm. The weapon and build I've got going right now probably could deal with either of the Knights in the Burg without it being too annoying.

Big swords or beeg big swords? Bastard Sword's a personal favorite until I've got Artorias' sword or a Black Knight Sword for the former; Black Knight Greatsword and Zweihander are pretty common for the latter, easy to grab as they are.
Both. Right now, I'm rocking the sword you get for popping the tail off the Hellkite, which has made a lot of the early game easier. I know that when you get to the midgame, it starts falling behind no matter what, which is partly what's prompted this. I think I've got the stats at this point to use the Zweihander one-handed if need be.

Upgrades are gonna depend on how you stat up/want to play. Sticking with normal physical weapons is plenty viable whether you use the elemental consumables/spells or just stick with the physical big bonk.
TBH, I don't really know a lot about the upgrade mechanics. I know Andre can straight up upgrade it and increase the stats so long as you have Titanite, but that's about as much as I've done before.

TBH, I don't really know a lot about the upgrade mechanics. I know Andre can straight up upgrade it and increase the stats so long as you have Titanite, but that's about as much as I've done before.
Dark Souls 1 used different upgrade paths for what would later become elemental infusions in the series. You'd bring a normal weapon up to +5 or +10 and hoof it over to the right smith to convert it to whatever you're looking for, together with the materials specific to that upgrade path. Andre's usually the first or second smith you find, Rickert being the second/first depending on how much exploring you did at the bottom of the Firelink elevator; the former handles holy and... fire? upgrade paths as I vaguely recall, Rickert does the magic ones. The Giant Smith is liable to be third and relatively difficult to miss, he handles Lightning, Crystal (I think) and Boss weapon crafting. The last smith definitely does Fire and Chaos upgrades and is kind of a bastard to find organically. I recommend looking him up if you're interested in chaos upgrades, he tuff.

Special weapons like the Black Knight gear upgrade with twinkling titanite to... +10? Drake/Dragon weapons upgrade with dragon scales and their damage only scales on their upgrade and see no bonus from stats, much like DS1's pyromancy flame. Good for low-level or just low STR/DEX builds. Boss weapons are made using a normal +10 weapon and the appropriate boss soul and are upgraded with demon titanite to +5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back