• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] Really Bad End - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Bait & Switch - 3
[X] MirrorVerse - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

Ack stock exchange, huh?

If someone votes for Confrontation II or All Alone, I'll match that value (or nearest free value) vote with the fic of your choosing.

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] All Alone - 5

Votes I'm willing to replace:
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] MirrorVerse - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1
I have All Alone - 5. Would you mind moving MirrorVerse up to - 4, or at the very least not replacing it?

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

Jim Starluck, I'm seeing a potential pattern where people slack off voting for a story a bit when it seems like it's just about to win. You may want to incorporate that in your modelling to improve the accuracy.

Reactions: Ack
[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] War Games - 1

Jim Starluck, I'm seeing a potential pattern where people slack off voting for a story a bit when it seems like it's just about to win. You may want to incorporate that in your modelling to improve the accuracy.
They also slack off a little (sometimes) just after it's won.
I think he was just worried that it wouldn't get enough points this round to stay in the lead.

Well, the point is valid. Wyvern and Recoil, not to mention Security! were right there behind it. Not entirely sure that NSW will make it in time, to be honest.

Ack, are there any of your stories that you have been feeling like updating, but you've been putting them off while keeping to the vote? Waiting for them to come up, or just not had the time to get to them while still updating the stories that are getting voted for?

They also slack off a little (sometimes) just after it's won.

The weird thing, which I'd kind of like to check to be sure about, is that it seems to occur even if the race is predicted to be close, which is how the I, Panacea and War Games upsets happened.
Mmmm... not sure how easily I could factor in for this, at least not in the raw calculations. I'd noticed the phenomenon myself, which is why I've been going into greater detail about possible upsets to the predictions.

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Meet the Heberts - 2
[X] Recoil - 1
[] Really Bad End - 0
[] Trump Card - 0
[] Hostage Situation - 0
[] One More Trigger - 0

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] Bait & Switch - 5
[X] All Alone - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

Ack, are there any of your stories that you have been feeling like updating, but you've been putting them off while keeping to the vote? Waiting for them to come up, or just not had the time to get to them while still updating the stories that are getting voted for?
If that happens, I update them.

If you're able to put the vote together in the next couple of hours I'll be around to do analysis and predictions right away; otherwise it'll have to wait until much later tonight.

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

Edit: Wait, we can vote for six fics now? Adjusting...

Last edited:
Completely off-topic but I require some tech advice.

Posting this here because this is one of the three largest threads on the only forum I am active on ATM.

I feel bad because my reaction to the War Games update is that next maybe a story I read will update.

EDIT: It's okay, my favorite One Piece story happened to update so I can do without any Security! for a little while longer.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Junior Hero - 1

I feel bad because my reaction to the War Games update is that next maybe a story I read will update.

EDIT: It's okay, my favorite One Piece story happened to update so I can do without any Security! for a little while longer.

I feel similarly. Then again, the stories I read and most enjoy get updated quite frequently... except for All Alone... So I have no problem waiting a little while longer so someone else gets a chance to see their favorite get updated.

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

Keep on rocking, Ack.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back