• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

if I'm understanding the situation correctly she's been trapped in the future for years now.

Centuries if Zoat's comment is to be taken at face value. But I'm sure some blonde hair dye will fix everything. Artemis will just shrug it off and slot back into her life like no time has passed. Because that's how comicbooks work right?

Centuries if Zoat's comment is to be taken at face value. But I'm sure some blonde hair dye will fix everything. Artemis will just shrug it off and slot back into her life like no time has passed. Because that's how comicbooks work right?

No, the being gone for years from her home and her friends, and fighting a war while surrounded by psychopaths, is probably going to leave a mark on her psyche.

Sarcasm Darko. You've been replying to my posts for months now. You know that they are 80% sarcasm. It's really hard to miss.

It's kinda hard for some posts due to the fact that when I read I them they sound like you're serious.

Sarcasm is easier to distinguish when it's verbal, and seeing as this is a place where we write our replies it's a bit more difficult.

I am now imagining the ponies portalling into this world searching for Grayven because he tells them about this story when he gets back and Sunset Shimmer decides this is all kind of stupid and so uses magic to just pop in and rescue him from the end of time now instead of waiting for him to find his own way back, and Celestia takes out the Vampire Sun by raising it into the Source Wall.

Two question that haven't been addressed so far.

Why didn't Paul's ring's loose their charge when he got kicked to the Sheeda's future and used them to capture Melmoth?

Where is Grayven's version of Melmoth?

But how does he get back the first time around? Why, the Futurama way of course! Wait out the Big Crunch, the Big Bang, the formation of Earth, all of human history until the 'Present' comes along :D It's all a big loop after all :p

He's immortal, he can take it!

"So you're telling us you spent billions of year doing nothing? You didn't even try to avert any disasters? You even caught (and stomped on) any of the butterflies before they could make a mess?"

"Hey if Steve Rogers could manage it for 80 years why couldn't I manage it for a few billion years! I didn't even get any wrinkles!"

Last edited:
Two question that haven't been addressed so far.

Why didn't Paul's ring's loose their charge when he got kicked to the Sheeda's future and used them to capture Melmoth?

Where is Grayven's version of Melmoth?
"The one place no Sheeda would look: the miserable period before the first Harrowing."
Maybe Grayven's power rings would have also worked during this part? Perhaps the emotional spectrum of the universe was still functioning during this time.

But how does he get back the first time around? Why, the Futurama way of course! Wait out the Big Crunch, the Big Bang, the formation of Earth, all of human history until the 'Present' comes along :D It's all a big loop after all :p

"So you're telling us you spent billions of year doing nothing? You didn't even try to avert any disasters? You even caught (and stomped on) any of the butterflies before they could make a mess?"

"Hey if Steve Rogers could manage it for 80 years why couldn't I manage it for a few billion years! I didn't even get any wrinkles!"

I bet he spent his time playing Battlemace 42 million and sitting in a dark corner of a room.

I bet he spent his time playing Battlemace 42 million and sitting in a dark corner of a room.

This would imply that he not only made Battlemace 42 million just because, but that he also played it for upwards of 5 billion years, all while in a dark corner of a room that no one ever noticed he was in.

All for a joke no one would get even by the time he got back to the "present."

I am deeply amused by this thought.

Conquering the world on foot takes time apparently. I wouldn't have guessed that it's been that long though. She's gonna have trouble relating to anyone when they get back.
Well, alexander Made it from Macedonia to India in 13 years so... Decades to centuries could very well be possible, especially when you don't have large gas-powered transports and are fighting in every direction against every single city on the planet.

Well, alexander Made it from Macedonia to India in 13 years so... Decades to centuries could very well be possible, especially when you don't have large gas-powered transports and are fighting in every direction against every single city on the planet.

But Alexander didn't have godlike powers, an army with super powerful beasts on his side, and other such things, so renegade may have had an easier and quicker time in reaching Artemis.

But Alexander didn't have godlike powers, an army with super powerful beasts on his side, and other such things, so renegade may have had an easier and quicker time in reaching Artemis.
Alexander also didn't conquer the entire planet fighting against enemies with advanced weaponry, magic and tactics.

It's been a while since high school history class but I distinctly remember him having a Reality Marble full of superpowered warriors...

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was the people he recruited, not a bunch of weapons. Then again, that Emiya guy does look kinda' similar...

Edit:I can not read apparently, so please ignore me. (How is this the only language I know again?)

You joke but that's LoSH's Infinite Man's origin- He went into a time machine to test his theory that time was circular.

He overshot. He witnessed the destruction and rebirth of the universe again and again and again until his mind broke and he was imbued with vast temporal energy.

Brainiac 5 used him to assassinate the Time Trapper.

What? You think Shirou is a dimensionally displaced undercooked clone of Roy Harper? I've seen weirder origin stories. It would certainly explain the lack of parents and/or memories.

It would explain the total lack of memories before Kiritsugu found him, he hadn't been programmed with a false life yet.

He is called Arsenal...

I am now terrified of the thought that someone has made this a reality.

What? You think Shirou is a dimensionally displaced undercooked clone of Roy Harper? I've seen weirder origin stories. It would certainly explain the lack of parents and/or memories.

I'm now picturing a story in which Roy has the spirit of Emiya put into him, like how Mashu has Galahad in her.

It would explain the total lack of memories before Kiritsugu found him, he hadn't been programmed with a false life yet.

But his association with a bow was still there.

I'm now picturing a story in which Roy has the spirit of Emiya put into him, like how Mashu has Galahad in her.

But his association with a bow was still there.

To be fair, there are genetic quirks that can signify inborn talent within particular fields, so that plus magic doing magic things means that Emiya could get pretty good with a bow by pure chance. I also never said that he didn't have skills implanted, just not a false life.

I hate that this joke is starting to make more and more sense.

But Roy from YJ Abridged. So Emiya can choose not to cooperate when Roy decides to start executing villains. Just to further the Mash/Galahad resemblance.

Depends on where in Emiya's timeline we are, if it's later down the line then he could be a bit less vehemently opposed. Still wouldn't be happy though.

She's gonna have trouble relating to anyone when they get back.

I mean, this is just a kind of standard superhero thing it's assumed they can deal with.

Superman had that one issue where him and Diana were pulled away to fight Ragnarok, which IIRC, they spent long enough doing that he was having trouble remembering what Lois looked like (though, being Clark, he stayed faithful, even though Wonder Woman was more of the 'what happens in Asgard...' school of thought)... and then he came back, and it was basically just "Hey, another day at the office."

You wonder if there's some sort of support group for heroes who've gone through this kind of thing.

That's always been a mild peeve of mine, that a Superman/Black Mercy or Picard/The Inner Light kind of experience is the sort of thing that should stick with you for a while, rather than being back to normal by the next episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back