• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

The "mass" lobotomizations were Justice Lord Superman.
Not only him.

Well he genocided the Citadelians, but they were evil, and the ones Red Son lobotomized was that evil son of Stalin and a bunch of guys who could have just been bomb throwing anarchists.

I remember it being implied that it was more than that, but It's been a while and I don't have the screengrabs to hand so I might be misremembering.

Would the Sheeda even survive Artemis leaving?

With bleed generators they can theoretically go on forever. But what is there to do in their pocket universe? Who or what will keep them together? They are used to infighting. And they can't expand either, to relieve pressure.

Putting them into another, younger universe would help, but that would also risk someone there stomping on them because they aren't exactly diplomats.

Would the Sheeda even survive Artemis leaving?

With bleed generators they can theoretically go on forever. But what is there to do in their pocket universe? Who or what will keep them together? They are used to infighting. And they can't expand either, to relieve pressure.

Putting them into another, younger universe would help, but that would also risk someone there stomping on them because they aren't exactly diplomats.

Maybe, but Artemis and renegade were with them for a long time so that may have taught them diplomacy, as well as set up someone to rule in their place who isn't insane or evil, and made sure they cooperate with each other more.

I like taking the log odds, so I'm going to bet on it somehow being Ambush Bug in the Vampire Sun. I would have bet on a fifth dimensional imp, but I have vague memories of some Justice League One Million characters being part fifth dimensional imp. Nekron would be too obvious.

I like taking the log odds, so I'm going to bet on it somehow being Ambush Bug in the Vampire Sun. I would have bet on a fifth dimensional imp, but I have vague memories of some Justice League One Million characters being part fifth dimensional imp. Nekron would be too obvious.

That would be Kal Kent and his relative the Superman of the Fifth dimension Klyzyzk Klzntplkz.

x3 Oh, my. What will Princess Luna say when she hears about this? But seriously, the best kind of friendships are forged in hard times...

Friendship. Yeah... 'They are such good friends' and nothing else.

set up someone to rule in their place who isn't insane or evil

Well there's the rub. They are still discount Drow. Their best bet is merely 'the least insane or evil' not 'not insane or evil'. Artemis better hope her Grand Vizier is a Sheeda version of Iznogoud. Such a person would at very least be able to keep the wheels spinning for a while before they inevitably crash.

Last edited:
I'd have thought Renegade would have created some new timekeeping system by this point, possibly AC (After Conquest) or something. Would give a better idea of how long it's been.

Planning to deal with the Vamp-Ra is nice an all but a) isn't their problem and b) doesn't automatically gets them a way home.

Unless I'm wildly off base, Vamp-Ra is the only thing keeping them from using non-biological materials and is keeping Mother Box injured. Once they kill it they can just build a new time machine with MB's tech specs and be on their way.

Getting used to immortality has a way of making the passage of time feel less relevant.

How many of your friends from 10 years ago do you remember? The ones you dropped out of contact with (for whatever reason; your parents moving city or something) that is?

Artemis was ~17-18 when they got stuck in the end of times, she was only slightly older when Grayven "died" (or maybe several decades older considering the '300 years' comment), she played Drow queen/Extreme Cat Herding for the next 2+ centuries. By the point she saw him next she lived 17.5 times longer as Sheeda Queen than she did as Artemis the daughter/sister/superhero. It's implied that even more time has passed between the last two chapters. It is a small miracle she can remember her mother's face and her teammates names.

How many of your friends from 10 years ago do you remember? The ones you dropped out of contact with (for whatever reason; your parents moving city or something) that is?

Artemis was ~17-18 when they got stuck in the end of times, she was only slightly older when Grayven "died" (or maybe several decades older considering the '300 years' comment), she played Drow queen/Extreme Cat Herding for the next 2+ centuries. By the point she saw him next she lived 17.5 times longer as Sheeda Queen than she did as Artemis the daughter/sister/superhero. It's implied that even more time has passed between the last two chapters. It is a small miracle she can remember her mother's face and her teammates names.
Being a New God probably has something to do with that.

Being a New God probably has something to do with that.

That sounds an awful like 'A Wizard Did It' to be honest :/
People seem to expect this episode will lead to some sort of big character development in Artemis.
I argue that it won't because of the snap back effect.
Realistically Artemis isn't even remotely different enough considering how much time has supposedly passed.

I mean, it was magic. And there have been some minor physical alterations involved with New-godification, so I don't see anything too odd about minor(?) mental alteration that helps them cope with living for a long time, including something to do with their memory.

People seem to expect this episode will lead to some sort of big character development in Artemis.
Realistically Artemis isn't even remotely different enough considering how much time has supposedly passed.

Maybe well see more differences as the story goes on.

I don't see anything too odd about minor(?) mental alteration that helps them cope with living for a long time, including something to do with their memory.

And it conveniently allows the author not to have to think up what effect centuries of offscreen character development would have on their supporting character. Realistically, by this point she should be an OC that just happens to share the name with Artemis the superhero.

Last edited:
And it conveniently allows the author not to have to think up what effect centuries of offscreen character development would have on their supporting character. Realistically, by this point she should be OC that just happens to share the name with Artemis the superhero.

Again, we may see more of the changes she's undergone later on. It's only been a few chapters since we saw her again.

She kissed Grayven on seeing him, that's pretty different from after they showed up there (then) but before Grayven went up.

But it doesn't give you magical super memory that keeps things that haven't been relevant to you for hundreds if not thousands of years still relevant.
to be fair, it could be one of the passive parts of the new-god awakening thing?

i mean, if you're prepping someone for immortality, improved CRC checking/compression on memory storage would be one of the first things you'd -have- to cover to avoid long-term issues.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back