• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

We were talking about Teen Titans Blackfire. I'm certain that she didn't do the second half of that stuff (everything past the enslavement treaty). Granted, doing the first half still makes her a terrible person, but Mr Zoat's portrayal of her is still accurate, except for the whole betraying Tamaran stuff, which is barely covered in Teen Titans, so Mr Zoat glossing over it isn't too big a deal.

As for the version of her that you are referring to, she is most certainly evil, and when she is brought up in episode 97, Mr Zoat recognizes her as such.

As for the universe 16 version of her, Mr Zoat is free to portray her however he wishes, due to there being no pre existing version to match her against for that universe, although the fact that he chooses to portray her as a victim shows how he feels on the issue. The portrayal he uses also allows the story to flow better, at least in my opinion.

Except that Zoat basically uses the post-crisis canon for every character where it doesnt explicitly contradict S1 and S2 YJ canon. To a degree where it unnerved Constantine how much Paul knew about his exploits.

Why the shift for Blackfire? As far as I am aware she is the only character to significantly diverge from her post-crisis version.

Honestly the whole obsession with recruiting the sisters was weird. Especially given how ill-suited Starfire is to the Orange Light. To me it undermines how difficult it is supposed to be to manage.

Onslaught (supplementary, Renegade Option)
24th August 2012
22:13 GMT

"And… How's it going?"

Lantern Ph'yzzon -the Ph'yzzon I'm talking to at least- looks out across the ship graveyard. He's long since recovered from the negative effects of what the psions did to him, though I'm told that they're responsible for his skin being more a burnt umber rather than traditional bright orange. Well, he has an orange ring now; if it was a problem he'd have changed it. His ability to be in multiple locations at once isn't that useful, but his ability to parallel process makes him perfect for jobs like this.

Work crews cover the ships as far as the eye can see, a smattering of ship-loving Orange Lanterns scattered amongst the Euphorian labourers and engineers. A newly refurbished cruiser rises into the air as I watch, turning slowly and then flying through the boom tube overhead.

"Well, my Lord. The work continues apace. Since we don't know how long we have until your doppelgänger arrives I've prioritised the smaller craft, but even the battleships are in relatively good condition. Do you know how long we have?"

"No, not as yet."

He pings me a summary and I take a moment to review it. Yes, they're going as fast as they can. Dulak is holding up his end of the deal; we're getting as many engineers as could meaningfully contribute to the task at hand, and a lot are volunteering to work with us as crew. The shield is still up for now… Probably for the best. If the fighting heads this way I wouldn't want stray shots to hit the planet's surface.

"My Lord, we need to know that. If the gordanians just.. appear in Vega… They don't have any base for us to attack. They'll have complete strategic manoeuvrability. Freedom to attack whatever they like."

"Yes, I do know that." Remember Your Place.

"I'm…" He ducks his head slightly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-. I'm just concerned."

I nod. "And you're right to be. But these aren't gordanian raiders. Amongst my people… There's a way to establish supremacy. It makes us predictable, to a degree. He will need to prove that his civilisation is superior to my civilisation. He's not just going to do something dispassionately logical like hit and run attacks by boom tube. He needs to break my will more than he needs to destroy our fleet."

He frowns.

"So he doesn't care about the rest of us?"

"No, he cares. His basic drives are the same as mine; it's his epistemology that's different. Once I'm dead, his Source-based powers will have free rein with no counter. You'll bow to him and think that it's your idea. And he will make you all bow."

"What about the others of your kind?"

"None of my subordinates have the strength. My brother-." I frown. Kalibak's out and Scott isn't aggressive enough, but… "My brother Scott isn't violent enough to confront him. My brother Orion would be, but I haven't spoken to him…"

Ping.

"Ever."

"Ever?"

"He and his mother were sent away from Apokolips not long after he was born. We've never actually met in person. I suppose I could try talking to him, but I doubt that he'd want to listen."

"What's the risk?"

I frown. What actually is the risk? He might just pick a fight with me. Father Box's records indicated that he has a psychotic hatred of everything Apokoliptian so I doubt that I'd get a fair hearing. Would he..? Include Scott in that hatred? I wouldn't have thought so… For purely selfish reasons I've been trying to discourage Scott from reaching out to his natural father, but…

"He kills me and doesn't bother to find out why I wanted to speak with him. My alter ego arrives and walks all over the defences."

I sigh. But These Are My People.

"But it's not a terrible idea. I'll give it some thought. Anything else?"

"His… Control. How does it work? Is it something we can resist?"

"Are some of yourselves watching the work crews? Measuring their productivity?"

He frowns. "Of course."

"Watch this."

I reach out with my metaphysique. The Lanterns are sworn to me personally, and loyal to me in a way which satisfied something deep in my soul. The Euphorians aren't, but they're bound to me by the pact I have with Regent Dulak and by common purpose. The ships are war engines directed to the preservation of my empire against its enemies. We share a task. I direct them, they labour.

Feudal Empowerment Methodology.

My vision briefly blurs as I feel myself bound to everyone on the site.

"What was-?" Ph'yzzon's eyes glaze slightly. "I see-. Engineering teams are working with greater speed and precision. What did you do?"

"That was me investing a little of myself. I don't like doing it like this, because it involves me controlling the people around me. Now imagine someone like me who didn't hold back."

And it feels… Good. Right. The people here are still mostly themselves, and now they serve…

Serve a greater purpose. Yeah.

Is this.. him, or is this..?

"Keep up the good work, Lantern Ph'yzzon." I turn away and walk in the direction of the desert. "I'll keep you informed of any developments."

He bows, something tamaraneans don't do, Lanterns don't do and he's never done. "Yes, my Lord."

I don't like this. I don't like how natural it feels.

Mother Box, let's go and see Scott.

Ping.

BOOM!

24th August 2012
17:17 GMT -5

In his exercise vault Scott performs a diving leap, evading laser fire from eight different turrets while picking his ankle manacles. His eyes flick my way for a fraction-

A laser hits his wrist manacles and melts the lock.

-and then he weaves around two spinning blades.

"Hey Grayven." "Hey Conquest."

"Afternoon, Scott. You got a minute?"

"A minute?"

Hands free, he inserts a piece of metal into his neck-mounted bomb collar, unlocks it and tosses it aside seconds before the timer runs out. There's a clunk as the pneumatic drive in the inside of the collar constricts, then it hits the off button and the weaponry powers down.

"No explosive?"

"I can't keep blowing up perfectly good collars in practice; I'm not made of money." He walks towards the exit, picking up a towel and dabbing his neck as he comes towards me. "What do you need?"

"A duplicate of me is bringing a fleet to Vega to take it from me. I think I need to talk to Orion, and I'd like you to back me up."

He stops moving for a moment as he considers it. Then he nods.

"Okay, I'll tag along. I've got a few things I wouldn't mind saying to Highfather myself."

Last edited:
Godspeech, for our invisitext-challenged brethren. ;) Proper commentary soon.

"I'm…" He ducks his head slightly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-. I'm just concerned."

"He kills me and doesn't bother to find out why I wanted to speak with him. My alter ego arrives and walks all over the defences."

I sigh. But These Are My People/

"Watch this."

I reach out with my metaphysique. The Lanterns are sworn to me personally, and loyal to me in a way which satisfied something deep in my soul. The Euphorians aren't, but they're bound to me by the pact I have with Regent Dulak and by common purpose. The ships are war engines directed to the preservation of my empire against its enemies. We share a task. I direct them, they labour.

My vision briefly blurs briefly as I feel myself bound to everyone on the site.

The Tamaranean that can replicate himself and was married to Kori in the comics.

if it was a problem he's have changed it

'he'd have'

him perfect for jobs like this.

maybe 'like these'

Work crews cover the ships as far as the eye,

'eye can see'

'as of yet'

"He and his mother were sent away from Apokolips not long after he was born. We've never actually met in person. I suppose I could try talking to him, but I doubt that he'd want to listen."

"What's the risk?"

Orion killing him.

My vision briefly blurs briefly as I feel

Remove one 'briefly'

That was me investing a little of myself. I don't like doing it like this, because it involves me controlling the people around me. Now imagine someone like me who didn't hold back."

And it feels… Good. Right. The people here are still mostly themselves, and now they serve…

hmm, worried that Actual Grayven is somehow influencing him.

And make sure you remember how this feels.

"Okay, I'll tag along. I've got a few things I wouldn't mind saying to High Father myself."

Time to see how bad this car crash is going to get.

24th August 2012
22:13 GMT

"And… How's it going?"

Lantern Ph'yzzon -the Ph'yzzon I'm talking to at least- looks out across the ship graveyard. He's long since recovered from the negative effects of what the psions did to him, though I'm told that they're responsible for his skin being more a burnt umber rather than traditional bright orange. Well, he has an orange ring now; if it was a problem he's have changed it. His ability to be in multiple locations at once isn't that useful, but his ability to parallel process makes him perfect for jobs like this.
Boy, there's a fairly obscure character (A couple of brief appearances in 90's Titans comics, after all...) Self-duplication would make for a great foreman, I suppose, especially when all the duplicates are aware of each other's situations.

Work crews cover the ships as far as the eye, a smattering of ship-loving Orange Lanterns scattered amongst the Euphorian labourers and engineers. A newly refurbished cruiser rises into the air as I watch, turning slowly and then flying through the boom tube overhead.

"Well, my Lord. The work continues apace. Since we don't know how long we have until your doppelgänger arrives I've prioritised the smaller craft, but even the battleships are in relatively good condition. Do you know how long we have?"
Good to see preparations ongoing. The joy of racing a deadline you don't even know.

"No, not as yet."

He pings me a summary and I take a moment to review it. Yes, they're going as fast as they can. Dulak is holding up his end of the deal; we're getting as many engineers as could meaningfully contribute to the task at hand, and a lot are volunteering to work with us as crew. The shield is still up for now… Probably for the best. If the fighting heads this way I wouldn't want stray shots to hit the planet's surface.
Though I find myself wondering how well it'll hold up to the Planet-Killer weapon. Even a planetary shield has limits, you know...

"My Lord, we need to know that. If the gordanians just.. appear in Vega… They don't have any base for us to attack. They'll have complete strategic manoeuvrability. Freedom to attack whatever they like."

And it's bugging him badly. The Renegade's always liked to be the one in control of a battlefield, after all. Not having that control must be itching under his Godhead like mad.

I nod. "And you're right to be. But these aren't gordanian raiders. Amongst my people… There's a way to establish supremacy. It makes us predictable, to a degree. He will need to prove that his civilisation is superior to my civilisation. He's not just going to do something dispassionately logical like hit and run attacks by boom tube. He needs to break my will more than he needs to destroy our fleet."
In other words, he has to show off how much bigger his figurative military dick is compared to yours. Which puts the Renegade's favourites right in the bullseye.

He frowns

"So he doesn't care about the rest of us?"

"No, he cares. His basic drives are the same as mine; it's his epistemology that's different. Once I'm dead, his Source-based powers will have free reign with no counter. You'll bow to him and think that it's your idea. And he will make you all bow."
It's a scary thought, isn't it? But while they both lay claim to Conquest, their methodology isn't alike enough to be parallel. Grayven conquers by force of arms. The Renegade acquires by charisma and empowerment...

"What about the others of your kind?"

"None of my subordinates have the strength. My brother-." I frown. Kalibak's out and Scott isn't aggressive enough, but… "My brother Scott isn't violent enough to confront him. My brother Orion would be, but I haven't spoken to him…"
Ah, Orion. The Dog of War. Given to New Genesis as part of a peace treaty as an infant, just as Scott Free was given to Apokalips. I foresee any meeting with him beginning with a 'Let's you and him fight' moment.

Which would make his visit to New Genesis long overdue. They may have heard of this 'good' Grayven from Scott and Barda, but until they see him with their own eyes...

"Ever?"

I'm sure once you two have had a chance to speak as men do, with your fists in each other's faces, he'll be more agreeable.

"What's the risk?"

I frown. What actually is the risk? He might just pick a fight with me. Father Box's records indicated that he has a psychotic hatred of everything Apokoliptian so I doubt that I'd get a fair hearing. Would he..? Include Scott in that hatred? I wouldn't have thought so… For purely selfish reasons I've been trying to discourage Scott from reaching out to his natural father, but…
:sneaky: Because that's a lever that could remove him from your 'alliance'. And don't forget, Father Box may have lied.

I sigh. But These Are My People/
And you'll need every advantage you can claim to protect what is yours.

"But it's not a terrible idea. I'll give it some thought. Anything else?"

"His… Control. How does it work? Is it something we can resist?"
Through enough willpower to earn a Green Lantern Ring, maybe? The Renegade's never really pushed himself onto those he fights that hard, has he?

"Are some of yourselves watching the work crews? Measuring their productivity?"

He frowns. "Of course."

"Watch this."
Not that there'll be any great visual signifier of what the Renegade's doing...

My vision briefly blurs briefly as I feel myself bound to everyone on the site.
And to some degree, they're bound to him now. That might offer some protection against Grayven-16's tricks, but... It's not something to rely solely on, is it?

"What was-?" Ph'yzzon's eyes glaze slightly. "I see-. Engineering teams are working with greater speed and precision. What did you do?"

"That was me investing a little of myself. I don't like doing it like this, because it involves me controlling the people around me. Now imagine someone like me who didn't hold back."
And would force himself onto your mind like a boot. A boot larger than your head, driving you down into the mud of the battlefield. Threatening to crush you or drown you in the dirt unless you surrender to him, give yourselves over without resistance...

It's a scary feeling, isn't it? Not being sure what parts of you are driving this power? How much of you, the You you were before this, is doing the work...

"Keep up the good work, Lantern Ph'yzzon." I turn away and walk in the direction of the desert. "I'll keep you informed of any developments."
...And yet it feels completely natural, doesn't it? People doing what you want them to, without complaining or talking back?

He bows, something tamaraneans don't do, Lanterns don't do and he's never done. "Yes, my Lord."

Yeah, hold on to that disquiet... It might be the only thing that stops you becoming Grayven totally.

Mother Box, let's go and see Scott.

Ping.

BOOM!
And now a palette cleanser. 'Family' visits to soothe the souls...

24th August 2012
17:17 GMT -5

In his exercise vault Scott performs a diving leap, evading laser fire from eight different turrets while picking his ankle manacles. His eyes flick my way for a fraction-
Not that a distraction that small would slow him down.

A laser hits his wrist manacles and melts the lock.

-and then he weaves around two spinning blades.
After all, this is just a workout, not a real challenge...

Or would you rather talk while exercising? I'm sure it won't increase the difficulty that much...

"A minute?"

Hands free, he inserts a piece of metal into his neck-mounted bomb collar, unlocks it and tosses it aside seconds before the timer runs out. There's a clunk as the pneumatic drive in the inside of the collar constricts, then it hits the off button and the weaponry powers down.
...Or not. I suppose when it really matters, you actually bother to work... And when he's that good? Well...

"No explosive?"

"I can't keep blowing up perfectly good collars in practice; I'm not made of money." He walks towards the exit, picking up a towel and dabbing his neck as he comes towards me. "What do you need?"
Plus, he's not as resilient as you are. He's a dodge rogue build, compared to your toughness tank.

"A duplicate of me is bringing a fleet to Vega to take it from me. I think I need to talk to Orion, and I'd like you to back me up."

He stops moving for a moment as he considers it. Then he nods.

"Okay, I'll tag along. I've got a few things I wouldn't mind saying to High Father myself."
And bonding over watching Orion kick the Renegade's ass might be a good way to do it. :p

Orion versus the Renegade... Hopefully we get to see that fight tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be quite the slobber-knocker. The next full Renegade episode is going to be quite the experience... But the effect on the Renegade's psyche is probably going to be as significant as his trip to the future...

In other words, he has to show off how much bigger his figurative military dick is compared to yours

I'm now thinking of this.

Let's hope this fight doesn't take as long to come as George's books do.

Which would make his visit to New Genesis long overdue. They may have heard of this 'good' Grayven from Scott and Barda, but until they see him with their own eyes...

Renegade Scott and Barda haven't actually been to New Genesis.

Their paragon versions went there shortly after Canis Minor came to Earth.

And don't forget, Father Box may have lied.

Orion does have anger issues and does hate Apokalips, though for perfectly good reasons, so maybe it didn't lie.

Although exaggerating things so the renegade doesn't got here may also be an option.

And bonding over watching Orion kick the Renegade's ass might be a good way to do it. :p

This is a beautiful image.

I'm excited to finally see Orion in action. I hope he'll eventually show up in the Paragon timeline.

He turns away, activating his computer terminal and bringing up an image. A group of superheroes; a man in light power armour and a youth in an ill-advised body stocking, flames churning around his hands. A woman in black and gold and a woman in gold and red.

And is that Flamebird?

"Superhero teams are far from being a new phenomenon. Even the Justice Society wasn't the first such alliance. But recently, large numbers of unconnected superheroes have been provided with improved equipment and training by an organisation called 'The Alliance of the Just'."
Mr Zoat, I know these guys will probably never be center stage in the story, but can we get a list of names for the characters who at least have pictures here? The only one I can name who isn't named by Paul is Empress. At least, I think the woman in gold and red is her. Also, the picture for the words 'Superhero teams' isn't working.

"But even a moderately competent Lantern could mine out you home system's asteroids in a few weeks. A competent Lantern could transmute enough metal to cover their living expenses more or less indefinitely. Depending on market conditions."
That should be 'your'.

"If the Reach want to waste resources assimilating a world with no industry, let them. It will probably make our life easier."
That should be 'lives'.

This picture is broken. But it's probably his image from The Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures. That's the only time I ever remember seeing him.

That should be one word, 'Highfather'.

'he'd have'
'eye can see'
Remove one 'briefly'
Thank you, corrected.
maybe 'like these'
'as of yet'
No, I think these are okay.
Thank you, corrected.
Watch out, your inner monarchist is showing. It should be "free rein".
I've seen the alternative. Not. Impressed.
Mr Zoat, I know these guys will probably never be center stage in the story, but can we get a list of names for the characters who at least have pictures here? The only one I can name who isn't named by Paul is Empress.
I don't remember them. I'll try and redo the image links this evening.
That should be one word, 'Highfather'.
Thank you, corrected.

Mr Zoat do you have any comments on the Batwoman live action show? Or how the live action shows handled the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline?

Mr Zoat do you have any comments on the Batwoman live action show? Or how the live action shows handled the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline?

He's not actually in the habit of watching DC's live action shows. Surprising, I know.

He saw Lois and Clark though.

So there might be an alt.Paul in the Lois and Clark setting who we might actually see Zoat right about one of these days.

Last edited:

He's not actually in the habit of watching DC's live action shows. Surprising, I know.

I used to like the Arrowverse. Crisis was interesting in how they managed to connect a lot of the DC properties, and I liked the Easter Egg of how Arrowverse Flash met the movie Flash. And the best part was the Kingdom Come Batman (Kevin Conroy is Best!Bat). But then they turned that entire universe into a hot mess of a dumpster fire that even the crossovers can't win me back.

Frankly, Constantine, which wasn't originally part of the Arrowverse, was the best part. I was sad when it originally got canceled, then happy when they brought the character back (and continued to use the actor for the animated movies).

Mr Zoat, just wondering, is the future version of Paul seen due to Ambush Bug, the one who ended up in Gate, and the one who visits Teal Lantern all the same version, just at different points of his personal timeline?

Mr Zoat, just wondering, is the future version of Paul seen due to Ambush Bug, the one who ended up in Gate, and the one who visits Teal Lantern all the same version, just at different points of his personal timeline?
Yes.
Their relationship is okay but they are not close.
They're pretty close. Scott's a little cautious because he knows perfectly well that Apokoliptians don't think like humans. Like when Power Boy tried dating Supergirl, he's not necessarily going to recognise that he's doing something wrong.

Mr Zoat, I looked it up, and the guy we think is the Russian version of Uncle Sam has been called both the Director of Defence Research and the Director of Future Weapons Development. Is he both, or are they just different titles for the same job?

Mr Zoat, I looked it up, and the guy we think is the Russian version of Uncle Sam has been called both the Director of Defence Research and the Director of Future Weapons Development. Is he both, or are they just different titles for the same job?

I had no idea we were thinking that, but it would be pretty cool. (Edit: I looked back and found out that I did see that come up and just forgot).

Last edited:
Ooooo boy he's gonna have to words to say to his bio-dad

Onslaught (supplementary, Renegade Option)
24th August 2012
17:29 GMT -5

"Grayven…" Scott stares at me through the eyeholes in his Mister Miracle costume in apparent bewilderment. "What are you wearing?"

I shift uncomfortably in my 'revised' costume.

"What?"

"I've seen you wearing something other than your armor twice, and one of those times was on T.V."

"You wear your costume a lot."

"I wear my costume when I'm working. I'm a t-shirts and slacks guy most of the time. Is this..?" He floats around me on his aero-discs, looking me over. "Is this supposed to be camouflage?"

I sigh. "I thought that my usual grey armour was a bit too much of a visual reminder of Father. As for this…"

6th April 2012
10:13 GMT

"…why you think that I would want anything to do with a brute like you!"

Rarity glares at me, and stamps her right forehoof before lifting it back to her chest.

"Because I'm giving you the perfect opportunity to revenge yourself upon me for my brutishness. I'm asking you to design clothes for me, someone with no taste at all. I have no ability to assess your work. Whatever you make for me, I will wear at least once, and the only requirement I have is that it be at least somewhat red."

She… Considers. "You'll wear anything?"

"Anything."

She huffs. "Tempting as that is, I simply cannot deliberately design something that isn't magnificent. Fabulosity might as well be my middle name."

I didn't know she had a last name.

"But could you design something that would be fabulous in a very particular situation, but look ridiculous anywhere else?"

"Such as?"

"You wouldn't wear the same thing to a diplomatic reception as you would to a spring clean, would you?"

"Well, of course not." But her hoof is down on the ground and she's looking thoughtful. "And you'll wear it?"

I nod. "And I'll wear it."

She leans forward, staring at me sceptically.

"Hmmmmmm."

24th August 2012
17:30 GMT -5

"I just wanted to fit in with you and Orion. All the sons of Darkseid are wearing red this year." I nod at the empty space just in front of us. "After you."

"Mother Box?"

"Ping."

BOOM!

He holds his right arm out to the tube. "After you."

"Yea-I-. I think you should go first. They're a little more likely to ask questions if they see you. I'm probably 'shoot on sight'."

"But if I go through first, they might think you're chasing me."

"Fine, okay."

I walk through the portal, appearing in a grove on a planet quite close to New Genesis. While Apokolips has The Waste, New Genesis has protectorates. Places which rely on the gods for their defence. And worship them, and are stupefied into maintaining a low-tech civilisation aside from anything the gods grant them.

That about says it all. New Genesis: better than Apokolips. Just.

Scott flies through a moment later, then the tube shuts down. Okay, boom tubes are noisy things and easy to detect, so-.

BOOM!

Scott braces in the air as a new tube opens over our heads, ready to jink in any direction to avoid attack. I just make a point of keeping my hands away from my weapons. Of course, this might not be Orion. If they're sending the Forever Children I'm going to be-.
Defend! / Ping.
Orion flies through, looking as Father Box told me he would. His astro-harness is grey rather than gold and he's got black trousers rather than red leggings. He's also a good deal more slender than I was expecting. He's muscular, but he's nothing like Kalibak or myself.

But no astro-bolts. That's a positive start.

I smile, raising my right hand. "Hail, Orion-."

"Apokoliptians." Unsourcely wretches! / Ping.

"You are, but I wasn't going to mention it." My smile broadens. "Now I can honestly say that I've met all of my brothers."

Scott straightens slightly, but he's still clearly ready to evade. "I'm only Apokoliptian because Highfather traded me for you. If you're wondering, I'm not exactly happy about being handed over to the God of Tyranny."

"Leave this place. Both of you." Purge the Unclean! / Ping.

I nod. "Happy to do that, but I do need to talk to you. Have you got somewhere else you'd prefer do it?"

"No. There will be no debate. Leave, and thank me for my mercy." Destroy the Apostate! / Ping.

"Hold on." Scott rises in the air, heading slowly in Orion's direction. "Are you telling me that after all these years my father has nothing to say to-."

The astro-bolt narrowly misses his face as Orion glares at him imperiously.

"It is for his sake that I do not simply destroy you where you stand."

"Scott, I…" I shake my head. "I don't think this is going to work."

"Yeah." Scott descends, tapping his Mother Box. "I can't believe that my father passed me over for this." Poisonous Key.

BOOM!

With one last look up at Orion, Scott flies through the tube back to Earth.

I linger for a moment, waiting until Orion's hands tighten around his harness's triggers.

"I know that of all of us, I resemble our father the most. But seeing you there, staring down at people who came to you in peace to exchange words… It's interesting to see how all of Izaya's efforts were in vain. It is you who is truly our father's son."

Mother Box quick.

Ping.

Orion's jaw is shaking in rage as he pulls the trigger, astro-bolts eating through my construct shield-

BOOM!

-as I drop through the portal to the Vega trench and close it behind me.

Okay, this is roughly where Other Grayven would have to fly through to reach us in a line from his old base of operations. This is the best I can do. Ring, take us to Tamaran.

By your command.

Last edited:
Some little bits of godspeech, very telling ones:
Scott braces in the air as a new tube opens over our heads, ready to jink in any direction to avoid attack. I just make a point of keeping my hands away from my weapons. Of course, this might not be Orion. If they're sending the Forever Children I'm going to be-.
Defend! / Ping.
Orion flies through, looking as Father Box told me he would. His astro-harness is grey rather than gold and he's got black trousers rather than red leggings. He's also a good deal more slender than I was expecting. He's muscular, but he's nothing like Kalibak or myself.
I smile, raising my right hand. "Hail, Orion-."

"Apokoliptians." Unsourcely wretches! / Ping.
Scott straightens slightly, but he's still clearly ready to evade. "I'm only Apokoliptian because High Father traded me for you. If you're wondering, I'm not exactly happy about being handed over to the God of Tyranny."

"Leave this place. Both of you." Purge the Unclean! / Ping.

I nod. "Happy to do that, but I do need to talk to you. Have you go somewhere else you'd prefer do it?"

"No. There will be no debate. Leave, and thank me for my mercy." Destroy the Apostate! / Ping.

"Scott, I…" I shake my head. "I don't think this is going to work."

"Yeah." Scott descends, tapping his Mother Box. "I can't believe that my father passed me over for this." Poisonous Key.
(Dang stray colour tags...)

Last edited:
Mr Zoat, how exactly did Scott Free meet with Highfather in the Paragon timeline if this is how him showing up in the Renegade timeline went?

"I'm only Apokoliptian because High Father traded me for you. If you're wondering, I'm not exactly happy about being handed over to the God of Tyranny."
That should be 'Highfather', and I think 'New God of Tyranny'.

"Are you telling me that after all these years my father has nothing to day to-."
That should be 'say'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back