• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Well well, the SI was rather smoothly managed then, huh? It's always good to be reminded of a characters blind spots after such a impressive showing..
If indeed she was managing him. Paul didn't exactly give anything away that he wasn't intending to give away from the moment he saw her, unless I'm mis-remembering.

If indeed she was managing him. Paul didn't exactly give anything away that he wasn't intending to give away from the moment he saw her, unless I'm mis-remembering.

Aside from possibly giving them the idea of removing the autonomy of the colonies, I don't think he gave them any critical intel through Bleez. That could change in the future though, depending on how much he trusts the possible future Red Lantern.

Ultra-secure briefings pads litter his side table and desk...
Ultra-secure briefing pads litter his side table and desk...
(Unsure if you intended this.)

Earth was no laughing matter. A figure made of water nearly drowned half the planet, and life continued much as it had before. A demon stole all of their children, and the matter was resolved within a day. Demented geniuses made weapons in secret laboratories that even the Thanagarian Empire's greatest scientists couldn't match. And time travel! One of the reports stated that the Thanagarian Empire would eventually annex the place. Frankly, he wasn't certain that was a good idea.
Earth. Bullshit. You're damn right it isn't a good idea!

"I felt it best to avoid even implying that. Much as I'd like to write them off as a bunch of deluded fools, they have been running a subversive organisation for thousands of years in the face of government opposition. I doubt we could catch them all even if we wanted to."
And a government will always need enemies, to keep their people focused on events without rather than within. In other news, we have always been at war with Oceania.

Damn straight!

"She claims that she has far less control. I'm inclined to believe her, but if need be I can ensure that she gets practice."
Heh, imagine if OL got a nudge from the Ophidian: "Why is this one learning this?"

...but not all were suited to discrete work.
...but not all were suited to discreet work.
(the former is 'a small but distinct amount', the latter 'cautious and prudent')

"Not yet. Perhaps.. when we get a little more detail. That aspect won't be your problem, and a hero we can't reliably kill could become an inconvenience."
Oh, that's concerning. I foresee their traditional foe making an appearance if the worst happens.

A nice interlude, before the next crisis rolls along.

Last edited:
Earth was no laughing matter. A figure made of water nearly drowned half the planet, and life continued much as it had before. A demon stole all of their children, and the matter was resolved within a day. Demented geniuses made weapons in secret laboratories that even the Thanagarian Empire's greatest scientists couldn't match. And time travel! One of the reports stated that the Thanagarian Empire would eventually annex the place. Frankly, he wasn't certain that was a good idea.
Earth. Bullshit. You're damn right it isn't a good idea!
I mean, if Truggs isn't lying they actually did manage it in his timeline, so...

Urgh. This weird mixture of pragmatic perspective and closed mindedness the High Mor has going on is really grating somehow.

Like, in some way he judges situations and people so clearly, yet he seems absolutely blind to other aspects and possibilities. His focus is solely on "use" for Thanagar without being able to reflect on that use itself.

Very well written, Zoat.

Mr Zoat, any chance of making Bleez and Dul more loyal to Paul the way Hawkman and Hawkwoman "went native"?
Any chance? Sure. Bleez is fairly low-hanging fruit, but Dul requires quite a lot of dedicated effort.
Can Hephaestus figure out nth metal?
Yes. He'd probably need more information than Thanagar currently has in order to do it quickly, however.
Ultra-secure briefing pads litter his side table and desk...
(Unsure if you intended this.)
...but not all were suited to discrete work.
...but not all were suited to discreet work.
(the former is 'a small but distinct amount', the latter 'cautious and prudent')
Thank you, corrected.

Mr Zoat, how many Orange Lanterns did Paul bring with him to Earth? Because right now, I am imagining Kid Flash ogling Koriand'r and Komand'r before being dope slapped by Artemis. Also, has any of his teammates noted his tendency of befriending attractive female aliens yet? I mean other that the Spider Guild Queen.

What about the dead gangsters?

I wouldnt be surprised to find out that Bladebat had been nudged to intercept them, or was at least informed of them. Remember, they had soldiers shadowing them, who only interfered once it was clear the off-worlders had the fight pretty much won.

Same with the Hawkbats. Honestly, Im sure that anywhere they were allowed to go (as in not forceably stopped from going to) had plants and set ups waiting on them. I'm sure the government has a bunch of people they can lean on or pay off to do work for them.

At least that's my read of it.

Mr Zoat, how many Orange Lanterns did Paul bring with him to Earth?
A sizeable portion of the Corps visited while he was in the Silver City.
Because right now, I am imagining Kid Flash ogling Koriand'r and Komand'r before being dope slapped by Artemis. Also, has any of his teammates noted his tendency of befriending attractive female aliens yet? I mean other that the Spider Guild Queen.
The Princesses are busy with Vega at the moment.

"The cruiser's sensors are only slightly enhanced, farsight class four. They aren't precise enough to decipher gravitic phenomena with complete reliability, but… I'm inclined to believe it."

That.. was.. troubling. While getting hard figures on what Sector Lanterns could do merely required expending a small number of privateers, no one Imperial Intelligence had been able to contact knew what the limits of Lantern power were.

Can someone tell me what this was referring to?

Mr Zoat, how many Orange Lanterns did Paul bring with him to Earth? Because right now, I am imagining Kid Flash ogling Koriand'r and Komand'r before being dope slapped by Artemis. Also, has any of his teammates noted his tendency of befriending attractive female aliens yet? I mean other that the Spider Guild Queen.
Hey, the Spider Queen is absolutely stunning. By spider standards.

You know I like this guy. Seems to be fairly pragmatic. Ruthless it appears but not the kinda of guy that does anything without a plan that has a good chance of success.

No, that would be quite improper. It's a donation.

Election "donations", they aren't bribes, but entirely legal way to influence someone to do things your way.

Under certain circumstances those are the same thing. I'm pretty sure that when (if?) the time comes Hades will remember who gave him billions of souls while considering Paul's afterlife.

The ultimate offering to a Death god, billions of souls.

All the gods of war in all the various pantheons worshiped throughout history and you go with the biggest buffoon of the bunch? I'll grant you I'm much more familiar with the Greek version than the DC version, but Ares is a bumbling idiot. If I were to pick a mythological war god for Thanagar I'd go with Montu-Ra personally.

Election "donations", they aren't bribes, but entirely legal way to influence someone to do things your way.

The ultimate offering to a Death god, billions of souls.
cdr9fw7

The head is by zero0810 on deviantart, in case people don't know.
EDIT: image is apparently borked? How about linkingit?
EDIT2: I'll see if I can do a mirror once I get home on the computer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back