• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm done catching up and now I'm not sure what to do with myself...

No I got Shizuku Murasaki from HxH and her power would shut this down in two moves.
Not sure how helpful that would be given that it doesn't work on anything living. If I'm not mistaken the Black Kryptonite has already been removed, but the effect hasn't dissipated yet.

I'm done catching up and now I'm not sure what to do with myself...

Not sure how helpful that would be given that it doesn't work on anything living. If I'm not mistaken the Black Kryptonite has already been removed, but the effect hasn't dissipated yet.
Considering she cleaned an entire auction house of dead bodies, chairs, and blood? Any particulate kyrptonite pulled out of her and the coins taken from her.

I realise that I don't always show it, but he does actually see her a couple of times a week. This was mentioned earlier in the episode. Similarly, he is still visiting Belle Reve and other places, it's just not really practical for me to show every non-core thing he does because there wouldn't be room in the episode for anything else.
I searched through the last 10 pages of the story only thread and she hasn't appeared at all in that time. I get that it's not practical for you to show every non-core thing he does but like, if you want the audience to care about the relationship at all you gotta treat it as a core thing at least once in a while.

Odd that Kara didn't just super-speed rip the rings off his fingers and crush them.

If Kara's only currently being powered by Dana's coins, would Mage Slayers work on her?
The SI doesn't know. If pressed, he'd say that there's a good chance it would pass through one side of her and out of the other, but that wasn't his preferred resolution.
I am a bit surprised that total desire nullification didn't shut Kara down though, which I assume is what Paragon was trying to do, like Mandated Paul did to Vandal Savage in that timeline.
Desire nullification works really well for selfish people, but does little on someone being evil for the sake of it.
Since the Legion is now from an alternate future where things proceeded as if the SI was never there, I wonder if we'll possibly see whatever the equivalent to the Legion is in the future of the Paragon (and Renegade/others) timeline. If the Reach are the ones responsible for the spreading of stable metahumans, I don't see why Paragon can't do something analogous in the long-run, only without all the unethical experimentation and conquest, etc.
The SI could do something like that. In fact, it's likely to happen without him, because of the sheer power metahumans can possess. But the United Planets comes from how the Reach separated different metahuman strains up, and that particular thing won't be replicated without them.
I forget, do we know how Kara came into contact with black kryptonite in the first place? So far she seems smart enough not to just pick up an unknown substance, but I guess we all take things for granted sometimes.
Truggs had some and someone opened the storage case.
Green K usually works without outright killing.
I'd avoid Superman's cancer screening results in ten years if I were you.

The SI could do something like that. In fact, it's likely to happen without him, because of the sheer power metahumans can possess

So something similar like in the comics may happen, with metahumans creating their own worlds, or humans being altered by their environment or altering themselves.

But the United Planets comes from how the Reach separated different metahuman strains up, and that particular thing won't be replicated without them.

Though I can see the Reach playing a part in creating something like the UP in the new timeline.

That being the various powers united to fight them see the benefits of cooperation and create a United Planets like organization.

I'd avoid Superman's cancer screening results in ten years if I were you

So Superman is going to get cancer in your story?

I realise that I don't always show it, but he does actually see her a couple of times a week. This was mentioned earlier in the episode. Similarly, he is still visiting Belle Reve and other places, it's just not really practical for me to show every non-core thing he does because there wouldn't be room in the episode for anything else.
Narrator focus indicates what's important to the narrator. What does it say about the importance of Paul's relationship with Jade to the former that she's just a scarce afterthought in the narration? It's the same reason that Wildbow stating that Taylor Hebert was heterosexual despite all the attention she paid to how pretty various girls were was met with... incredulity.

Though I can see the Reach playing a part in creating something like the UP in the new timeline.

That being the various powers united to fight them see the benefits of cooperation and create a United Planets like organization.
A wider alliance, yes, but it's on the other side of the galaxy from Earth.
So Superman is going to get cancer in your story?
That was a flippant comment on my part, but... Probably at some point?

I'd avoid Superman's cancer screening results in ten years if I were you.

Superman can't get Cancer, as long as his powers work his body heals of anything but losing a body part better that perfect. Yes better that perfect as he gets stronger over time; save AU Supermen done for drama.

Superman can even heal fron heavy Green K poisoning with enough solar energy.

Edit: No, I am not making this up. Superman only gets old or gets Cancer if the writers feel like it, most of the time he recovers completely.

If he could environmental shield her, why couldn't he shield the kryptonite radiation?
He could and did. Unfortunately, that didn't do anything about the radiation she'd already absorbed.
Also, does he have any of those antimagic chains?
Yes, but they wouldn't do much about the coins since both the coins and the thing they were affecting would be inside the chains. Otherwise they'd have chained up Nabu and laughed as the helmet just fell off.

Last edited:
Yes, but they wouldn't do much about the coins since both the coins and they thing they were affecting would be inside the chains. Otherwise they'd have chained up Nabu and laughed as the helmet just fell off.
But they must still limit the ability to affect the self, otherwise wizards would just be able to shrink or shapeshift out of the chains. Or give themselves super strength and break out.

But they must still limit the ability to affect the self, otherwise wizards would just be able to shrink or shapeshift out of the chains. Or give themselves super strength and break out.
Yes, but it does that by preventing wizards drawing power from the local thaumosphere, or in Nabu's case from the Plane of Order. The coins carry the power to do what they do in themselves.

It's like the difference between a mains power cable and a battery. The battery powered device doesn't care about the lines going down.

Yes, but it does that by preventing wizards drawing power from the local thaumosphere, or in Nabu's case from the Plane of Order. The coins carry the power to do what they do in themselves.

It's like the difference between a mains power cable and a battery. The battery powered device doesn't care about the lines going down.
This makes me want to ask questions you likely don't have the answers to. Like if the energy that powers magic is primarily an internal thing, or if most spells take their energy from primarily external sources. As well as if mages are more limited by their souls ability to manipulate energy, or if they are more limited by their internal reserves.

Hm. So wizards have no noticeable internal reservoir, at least insufficient to pull the tricks needed to shuck the chains, and the Coins have sufficient battery power to maintain kryptonian level powers completely cut off from thaumosphere? Considering the manacles are probably made of orichalcum or mithril, which should take a bit for even a kryptonian to break, that's pretty impressive.
Some other thoughts are if he could have subspaced the black kryptonite while the environmental shield was there, and if he can do the opposite of the apathy trick to try and drown out the evil with Kara's actual desires. Which might work if it's effectively making her feel the more aggressive form of Black.

Superman getting cancer? I guess Superman is getting another child - Kancer

Yeah, comics, Superman got stalked by his own tumor. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back