• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

They decided that the last update was a good time to default-on the comedy factions, so Kaiser's Legion is back.
That's good, I haven't played OWB in a few months, kind of exhausted my potential options so I switched to playing TNO.

Honestly with the whole NSB release and concurrent update it will probably be a few more months before OWB is steady and adapted enough for me to pick it back up again.

Also my Desert Rangers are going away and I'm a bit sad about that. I did have a fun run playing The Cause like the Rangers from Wasteland 3. A mix of foot based light special forces and mechanized regulars.

So if paragon gets to deal with the germany, and time trapper dealt with china, does renegade get to deal with superman red son and soviet russia?
While I wouldn't put it past DC to have a comic where Japan rules supreme, I'm coming up short on one where Italy took over the globe to cover the axis and cold war big names.

There is an Elseworld in which Superman was a medieval Japanese peasant who ended up Emperor.

While it wasn't shown a Japan with a royal family able to kill with a look and the potential for reverse engineered Kryptonian technology probably did pretty well for itself.

He… Shouldn't be sufficiently in tune with Earth's thaumatic fields to use magic. They could make weapons for him; he'd be able to use those. But as for physically enhancing him, I wouldn't think so."
This makes me wonder what the heck is going on with Super-mage.
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-33

Sponsored magic via a deal? Fueling magic from his own stores of energy created from solar power? Something to do with Rao maybe being in his ancestry somewhere?

Regardless, I bet a Kryptonian who had mastered both magic on their own powers would be able to metabolize magic attacks in the same way Angelika has been shown to be able to metabolize a bunch of things to charge herself.

3rd July 2282
19:07 MTZ

I smile as I head away from the Pueblo City fortifications, the piles of burning super mutant corpses lighting up the evening behind me.
Ah, Fallout: Old World Blues Paul, aka Krono. It's been a while since we saw him. Preparing for a war against one of the morally nastier factions, wasn't he? Regardless, this should be quite interesting...

Cerberus is still a threat, but this particular thrust of his… Its? Army has been ended on the banks of the Arkensas River. Tomorrow, we press on and destroy their campsite and begin destroying out the tendrils of Cerberus's flesh that have extended this far from Los with the aid of Brain's trained super mutant hunting giant mole rats, while AA-equipped sentry bots from the Denver Defence Network keep the cazadors off us. All around Cerberus's territory the peoples I've brought together are starting to engage Cerberus's forces in what I hope are overwhelming numbers; Guerra and Santa Anna working their way up from the south, Texas in the east and Warden in the north.
:confused: ...The Fallout universe is a strange place.

Caesar's Legion aren't helping, and that's why the NCR army has stopped on their side of the Colorado River. Our planned offensive into Legion territory won't be happening for a while, and… Mr Sallow wasn't willing to make a pact that would see him joining in our crusade himself. There are a few Speculatores keeping an eye on us to make sure that we don't swing around and attack him from the east -which we will of course, but not until after Los is a burning hole in the ground filled with roasted Cerberus- but he's otherwise avoiding the whole mess. I imagine that he's hoping that we'll weaken each other so much that he'll have time to regroup and retrench.
And of course everyone is out for themselves. Priorities in the Wasteland, huh?

What's actually going to happen is that the result of Centurion Paullus's rampage everyone in both Mexico and New Mexico hates the Legion except President Vialla and I already turned him. Which means that this campaign will serve to unify-.

"Hey Krono!"
Neatly summarised, even if I barely understood a word of it... But who will we be meeting today, I wonder?

I tense up as the hulking form of a C-22 Humanoid Robot appears out of the darkness, then immediately relax again as I see the LED visor showing three pink hearts mounted on the front of its head.

"Good evening, Doki."
:confused: ...Wait, what.

Even in the madness of the Wasteland, Doki Doki is an… Odd one. The result of an inexplicable series of upgrades made to a pre-War personal computer by the robotic juggernaut ARGOS, Doki Doki is a fully sentient pre-War Japanese dating simulator who rules the area of eastern Colorado around Robot city. Virtually the entire population of her lands are robots, some who were parts of the Denver Defence Network before the war and the others just… Just sort of wandered here because of ARGOS's beacon and the lack of any contrary orders. Once they arrive Doki loads a portion of her program into them, and…
:eek: ...I revise my former statement: the Fallout universe is a very, very strange place...

I'm just glad that weird love polyhedron she was trying to set up between herself, ARGOS, ODYSSEUS and WARDEN is done with. I'm not completely sure that WARDEN understands what he won, but…

It gets pretty strange in Robot City, is what I'm saying.
Ah, Krono, like any other Paul, you are a master of understatement... :rolleyes:

The heart on the left is replaced with a waving hand, while the heart on the right is replaced by a winking eye. It's a strange thing to see on an eight foot tall war robot.

"Not yet, but it's going to get better!"
...Oh, dear. Krono, perhaps you should start running now? I think she's decided you're the next player.

Okay, as far as I know Doki is largely indifferent to human suffering and death. Her thoughts revolve entirely around romantic relationships, which means that she prefers humans to the sterile asexual super mutants, but she's got a city full of robots with personalities derived from dating sim characters to play around with so she doesn't appear to feel the need to reach out to gather more toys.

"Oh? Who's the lucky man/woman/other?" Actually… "Have you found a female talking deathclaw? I heard rumours that-."
...Is that an actual character in a game, or just a meme? Because I would not be surprised if it were...

"No! But I was talking to Commander Carlton Alwyn-" The man in charge of the Sky Walkers' forces in this area. "-earlier and he told me that you're SINGLE!"

Oh shit.
Too late to run now, Krono.

"Doki, it's not-."

"And that you haven't even dated!"
To be fair, this is a Paul. When he's on a mission, relationships seem to fall by the wayside... Except when they stumble into them.

"I've… Been busy. There've been quite a lot of wars-."

"You're a chief!" Wink eye becomes a crown. "You've done more for your tribe than any chief before you!" Waving hand becomes a 1st place medal. "Your whole tribe want you get married!"
...And you plan to find him a woman worthy of him? Oh, dear...

"A… Few… People have… Mentioned something along those lines?"

I mean, I lost my virginity to Mesmerelda, a clinically insane raider who thought that she was a magician. And she was killed and eaten by an actual magician. It's not as if I was strongly attached to her or anything, but…
...You mean... You actually stuck your dick in crazy?

The robot lunges forward, all three emoticons replaced by smiling faces with hearts in their eyes!

"But that's okay! Because Doki Doki-"
:eek: Watch out, she's going for a Glomp!

Doki Doki. / Doki Doki. / Doki Doki. / Doki Doki. / Doki Doki. / Doki Doki.

I look around cautiously as I hear the other robots from the Robot City contingent echo her declaration.
:oops: ...Okay, your ribs are safe.

"-is here to help!"

THUD.
...I'm guessing that is not the sound of him head-desking the nearest solid object...

"Okay? Do you..? Want to introduce me to some people?"

THUD.
Oh, I suspect she's got that handled... In spades.

I'm guessing that sound is the lucky ladies being brought over now...

I nod. Alright, I'm sure that I can survive a few dating minigames-

THUD.
I don't know... What if she decides the perfect test is Dance-Dance Revolution?

Brilliant lights shine from the riverbank, provoking shouts of alarm from the encampment!

THUD.

"ARGOS HAS ARRIVED AT DESTINATION."
Not a subtle fellow, is he?

Thirty metres tall. Thirty metres wide. Sixty five metres long, not including the tail. Missile pods, anti-missile lasers, Gatling lasers, armour that would put a main battle tank to shame, six giant legs and a 'face' made up of a smiling speaker grill and a couple of armoured cameras.

"PRISONERS READY FOR RETURN."
...At least he's got a friendly grin?

"Ah, pr-?" I turn back to Doki. "Prisoners?"

The three emoticons now show a pair of interlocked rings, a ball and chain and a simple depiction of a map.
She doesn't do things by halves, does she?

"PRISONERS of LOVE! ARGOS just needed to have his capture protocols edited a little!"

Oh no.
I hope none of them are too badly injured by his approach?

"All PRISONERS of LOVE have been selected for maximum compatibility based on available data!"

Oh no.

"Which wasn't very much!" Three question mark emoticons. "But I'm confident that at least one will be a good match!" Three green ticks.
...Amazed she didn't display a slot machine reel for a second, landing on Hearts... Maybe she's saving that for later.

"How..?" I glance at the huge robot standing on the shoreline. Huge and powerful, but not all that fast and not at all subtle. "How exactly did ARGOS capture them?"

"Satellite guided bondage missiles!"
o_O ...Wat. Though, you know, if they could be adapted for use against enemy leaders...

I'm going to have a great many people to apologise to after this, aren't I?
Weeks. Krono. Weeks of apologising. Better get some comfy kneepads for all the kowtowing...

"And... What happens to unsuccessful applicants?"

"They come back in the sequel to sabotage your relationship out of jealousy! No harem route here!"
Spoilsport. Wouldn't you want his clearly-superior genetics spread far and wide?

"Okay. So, if this a-"

THUD. THUD. THUD.

Argus turns and through a slot in the outside of one of ARGOS's hull-mounted prisoner detainment pods I get a glimpse of the enraged face of General Veronica Guerra, daughter of President Dante Guerra.
"Krooonoooo! You got some 'splainin' to dooooo!"

I mean… She's not incompatible with me. Or it didn't seem like she was in the meeting we were both in where we didn't exchange two words.

"-contest of some sort, where is it taking place?"
Let's just hope it's quick. You were in the middle of something, right?

Honestly, If I encountered a random event like this in an RPG, I'd wonder what my GM was on when they thought this up... :cool: And where I could get some, because it was clearly the good shit. Seriously, is this something that could happen in Old World Blues, or is Krono just that reality-warping? Still, it should be entertaining to see it play out...

Sponsored magic via a deal? Fueling magic from his own stores of energy created from solar power? Something to do with Rao maybe being in his ancestry somewhere?

Regardless, I bet a Kryptonian who had mastered both magic on their own powers would be able to metabolize magic attacks in the same way Angelika has been shown to be able to metabolize a bunch of things to charge herself.
Conner and Helios are working on it.

Does Fallout have any catgirls? Because the Pauls seem to have a type.

Seriously, is this something that could happen in Old World Blues, or is Krono just that reality-warping?

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.

I'm not personally familiar with anything of the sort, though there well could be something like them in canon (regular Fallout or OWB) that I just don't know about, but, well, in FEV we trust...

Zoat made up magic being planet bound out of whole cloth.

Super-mage is just a Kal-El from a Krypton that embraced magic, it doesn't require anymore explanation in DC.

And actually kryptonians have already been shown to be able to metabolize magic. For example Superman absorbing the magical/geomagnetic power of Strange Visitor/Lord of Order Kismet or Superman absorbing magic from the magic sun in a Batman/Superman storyline.

Hooray, Manga Khan is back!

What? Who else is dedicated enough to build bondage missiles?

Seriously though, this chapter made me smile.

:confused: ...The Fallout universe is a strange place

We figured that out this chapter.

:eek: ...I revise my former statement: the Fallout universe is a very, very strange place

No shit, Sherlock.

You mean... You actually stuck your dick in crazy

He's not the first Paul to do so.

I think the first one was Raul.

...Wat. Though, you know, if they could be adapted for use against enemy leaders

And imagine the psychological terror he could inflict on his enemies with it.

Weeks. Krono. Weeks of apologising. Better get some comfy kneepads for all the kowtowing...

Fortunately he's apparently immortal, so he may survive any murder attempts against him.

Spoilsport. Wouldn't you want his clearly-superior genetics spread far and wide?

They may also want those genes for themselves.

is doki doki from hearts of iron? and is hearts of iron fallout canon?

Doki Doki is from the HoI4 mod Old World Blues, yes. OBW isn't canon to Fallout itself, diverging pretty radically from the main series, but it's the basis that Mr Zoat is using for his Fallout segments, so for the purposes of this story it is canon.

I'm fairly certain that the c in city should be capitalized, no?
Thank you, corrected.
...Is that an actual character in a game, or just a meme? Because I would not be surprised if it were...
The Talking Deathclaw Matriarch dies when the Enclave storm Vault 13. There's a Furry Talking Deathclaw Matriarch in one of the other games, but I think that was declared non-canon.
Honestly, If I encountered a random event like this in an RPG, I'd wonder what my GM was on when they thought this up... :cool: And where I could get some, because it was clearly the good shit. Seriously, is this something that could happen in Old World Blues, or is Krono just that reality-warping? Still, it should be entertaining to see it play out...
The makers of Old World Blues have a bad habit of coming up with awesome factions and not giving them a focus tree. As such, we have very little idea how Doki Doki actually behaves.
There are racoon girls, if that's any good.

They're being introduced into Old World Blues in the next update.
destroying out -> rooting out ?
destroying out -> destroying ?

some who -> some of who ?
some who -> some of whom ?
Arkansas, barring linguistic drift.
Thank you, corrected

I'd have to double check, but I think he's already dead.

Liberty Prime would have been destroyed for around five-ish years at this point, yes. The current segment takes place about a year after New Vegas would occur in canon, which is itself three years after Fallout 3.

Edit:New Vegas actually happens four years after 3, my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back