• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Two British bros, sitting in an unending pit of darkness and strong enough to qualify as Gods, about to punch the King of the Greek Gods in the face.

…I can't tell if you are joking or not. Everything you said was true, but that is not what Zagreus is implying. It's the opposite, he doesn't realize OL could probably curb-stomp any of the Olympians 1v1 and is saying Zeus is going to punish him.

They're both gonna learn today.

I think that Paul could beat Zeus with the Ophidian, but it's not a sure thing.

During the Oceanus episode, Guy merged with Ion and fought Oceanus, but Oceanus still wasn't defeated.

It took the power if several others to beat him.

And Zeus is drawing power from the Titans, so he could at least pose a big challenge to Paul.

She is going along with it because her personally chosen supreme being appeared to her in person and asked her nicely for a favor that is pretty important seeming and may have hidden depths that benefit her and the world in unforeseen ways.
This pay be skirting the rules, but I hate blind fate like that. Especially so with Zuzy's reputation.

Nope. Zeus is a guy who first and foremost wants to sate his lust. When something denies him his wants, he gets vindictive or devious. He can't fool Diana, so he gave her a difficult quest out of spite. I wonder how the conversation between Paul and Diana about why Zeus is doing this will turn out? Hopefully it doesn't strain their relationship.
No, I meant that I thought Zeus wanted Diana and Paul knocking boots, so Paul couldn't keep screwing up his attempts to reconcile with Hera/make sure paul doesn't have time to interfere in his new lady love(s).

I never thought Zeus was over his pettyness, just thought he was trying to distract paul forever.

Questions: When was the last time Paul got this mad? I mean, he gets hit by anti-matter and is dying, and he's still decently calm and composed. He learns one of the few people he genuinely cares about and respects (I'd argue love, though certainly not to Jade's level), and probably one of the few people capable of bringing out such emotions in him.

Can he actually beat Zeus? He's historically had problems fighting metaphysical beings without the Ophidian, and as others have pointed out, even Ion!Guy couldn't fight off Oceanus, though it's possible that Ophidian!Paul have better synergy and thus more power.

Anybody else think Paul would have been willing to help Zeus get back with Hera if he just played nice with him and asked? Paul's driving mission is to help people achieve their wants/desires, and fixing Zeus, while probably an impossible task, sounds like something Paul wouldn't mind working on in his spare time (if he actually believed it was achievable).

"I beg your pardon?"
raf-750x1000-075-t-fafafa-ca443f4786-u1.jpg

Same energy

Last edited:
That time, he was unable to call on the Ophidian due to the Silver City. He might at least be able to hold his own with her help.
Except the Orange lantern corps *was* able to breach the shield that's why Ragnar was int he silver city for the final fight.

I think the Ophidian is a little stronger than a group of random Orange lanterns

EDIT: Wait, I misremembered the shield was brought down first, you're right.

The angels brought down the shield so the orange lantern corps could help fight off the armies of hell.

Paul might be able to get a parade for the Ophidian re-entering the central power battery. But Artemis is going to pop a fuse if they rebond.

a colt single action army revolver
If it's Colt-branded, then capitalize the C. If it's not, then the word isn't necessary as "single action army revolver" explains it.

On that note, usually "single-action"

a persons greatest enemy.
person's

an echo location headset
echolocation

I've had made for her; spells for promoting health
comma instead of semicolon

And unlike renegade, Paul lacks divine armor.
I am uncertain this is true. What he lacks in divine immutability he makes up for in a number of other ways.

It's a shame the Sword of the Fallen was destroyed imagine Zeus getting stabbed just to turn up as a mortal, tries to act with all the pomp and authority of a Greek god, just to get laughed at and if things get violent his ass kicked. Granted I can easily see Diana, along with some of the amazons, putting herself between Paul and Zeus trying to stop the former because of the unseeable consequences of dethroning the head of pantheon maybe a civil war.

"Zagreus?" I frown at the hunt-god. "That's a little… Heavily armed for you, isn't it? Are you hunting dragons or something?"

His normal hunting gear has been replaced by a mixture of orichalcum plate and… Scaly leather? I'm assuming that the donor was some sort of mythological creature, probably the same one that donated his cloak. A bandoleer of knives, two short swords-. Gladiuses, a colt single action army revolver and an AK-47. That's not 'today we're hunting wabbits', that's 'I could totally take Kratos'.

"Just… In case Diana finds anything concerning. I've never hunted a titan before, and I wouldn't dare to be less than fully equipped should she call for aid."
Well, the gods are adapting with the times.

"You think I'm Zeus's nemesis? The natural consequence of his bad behaviour?" I shake my head. "I'm not sure that follows, and real life is seldom like the plays."
I'd say that's a fairly good way to describe Paul in terms of his relation to Zeus, someone had to do it eventually.

"Your mercenary approach to religion isn't normal. Do you understand that?"
Fair point, it would at least unnerve anyone who takes their own faith seriously and traditionally.

"Yes, but-! It's Zeus! He's not exactly inscrutable."
I'll say.

"Even if he does not choose to live in accordance with the highest virtues at all times, Lord Zeus is a god. He is aware of the universe in ways that neither of us can comprehend."
Hmmph! Diana please don't inflate his ego anymore than it already is.

"Still. It is disgraceful that Zeus could not simply accept his rejection with good grace."

"I beg your pardon?"
HE WHAT?! Okay, that tears it. Rip him apart Paul.

It's a shame the Sword of the Fallen was destroyed imagine Zeus getting stabbed just to turn up as a mortal, tries to act with all the pomp and authority of a Greek god, just to get laughed at and if things get violent his ass kicked. Granted I can easily see Diana, along with some of the amazons, putting herself between Paul and Zeus trying to stop the former because of the unseeable consequences of dethroning the head of pantheon maybe a civil war.

I'm kinda reminded of Absolute Power Sucks Absolutely.

And now I'm thinking that Zeus is going to be dethroned this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back