• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

-and get met my two beams from his eyes-. The heat just vanishes
That should say 'by'.

"Your response to the Anti-Life is fundament to who you are. I could wait centuries for someone else who thinks like you to come along. Maybe longer."
That should say 'fundamental'.

And Mannheim's there, arms wrapped around her forearms, eyes… Glowing.

"Teach me." All Is One.

His Omega Effect shoots out of his eyes into hers, and she screams!
I'm really hoping Paul is going to swoop down and help save the Earth now, or else we might lose a side character just as she was starting to get more interesting.

6th February 2013
22:32 GMT -5

Looking down, I see Karon takes a half-step towards him. I don't know why… Maybe part of Mannheim's mental control? But she catches herself and stops.

"Are you Bruno Mannheim, or has he been consumed by Darkseid?"
Indeed, it's a good question. How much of the man is left in the mouthpiece? Or is Mannheim nothing more than a speaker, dribbling an echo of Darkseid's words like a dripping tap? And how useful will that be here, I wonder?

"That distinction doesn't really mean anything. Since he rewarded me, I've become more like him. My weaknesses… Human weaknesses, gone. Erased. I barely have any thoughts that aren't his anymore."

"Oh, that must be marvellous."
...Canis, please. :oops: Keep it in your pants...

And Canis had to make it weird.

"I'm directly connected to a higher power. I don't think this is what my old Sunday School teacher had in mind, but what does he know?"
At least that more or less answers that question.

"Very little, I'm sure. But is there really no Mannheim left?"

"Some memories. Isolated feelings. But all this? This isn't something I would do. This is all Darkseid."
And I'm sure He's amused by your capering.

"Then you are no more than a monkey dressed as an organ grinder. No, less: the monkey is a being in its own right. You are little more than a telephone." Contempt for the Tracer.

"I remember you, little artist. Do you really think that he sent Kanto after you as a form of encouragement?"
Ah, the master deigns to speak through the tool... Or something like it. I doubt Darkseid is paying that much attention to this.

"Of course. And a wonderful insight-!"

"He did it because he wants you dead. He has no need for artists. He preferred your father, because at least Canis Major knew his place. He sent Kanto to deal with you both because you are an unnecessary distraction and because he wanted to keep Kanto busy. Since he's failed so many times, Darkseid just decided that you weren't worth the effort."
Oof. That's a blow to the ego. I suspect that Canis has been hoping that he's more than an insignificant gnat...

Canis scoffs. "I do not believe that."

Ah, man. That's what we all think. But with Canis, it's a little hard to tell when he's making a joke about something.
I suspect this time, he's serious. Mannheim is trying to break him, seeing him as a bulwark for Mistress.

"No?" Mannheim grins. "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

"I… Do not…"
That's not true! That's impossible! ...Sorry, got into the quoting swing. :p

"And you've known for a while. You aren't stupid. I imagine that the main reason you rescued Dreamer was to force some sort of response out of him. To see if he remembered that you exist at all."

He takes a step closer. Fear My Coming.
Ouch. Yeah, I don't think this is going too well.

"Kanto tried to kill you out of pity." Crush Their Prideful Delusions.

I can see Canis's face falling as he tries to get his head around the idea-.
And there's the moment Mannheim breaks him... Causing what support he was giving Mistress to crumble.

I tap my communicator. "Match to Robin. I don't think-."

"Blow them."

I press the trigger on the detonator.
At best, this is going to be a distraction, byplay to the main battle...

In the courtyard, in the parking lot, along the bridge and on the shore, the aerosols containing Batman's anti-Anti-Life drug trigger, throwing the drug into the air in pale clouds of mist. I can still see through it clearly, but I don't think anyone else down there can.

Next to them, microphones playing the Pied Piper's best uplifting music start up. We've never been able to totally get rid of the Anti-Life with it, but people listening to it usually get a whole lot more active than they were before.
...Nice shout-out to Countdown...

Mannheim's bodyguards go alert when the mist starts drifting by them, but they don't draw their weapons. I thought those two were from Gotham? Shouldn't they get a bit more worried about gas weapons?

"Pathetic. No telepathic weapon? Or were you too moral to save four billion people by killing one telepath?"
That's more your style, jackass.

Some of the people on the shore are collapsing. Or sort of slumping, looking a lot happier than they were. I don't know if they're still connected to Mannheim or not but I don't think they're helping him.

"You drugged some Lowlies. What did you think that would do to me?"
He's still got plenty of confidence, I'll give him that.

"It demonstrate that even though you have 'ruled' Earth for over a month, there are still people resisting you. Studying you. Finding ways to weaken you."

"Weaken me?"
Oh, don't say it like it's impossible. You're only human, after all.

"Perhaps it does. Perhaps it doesn't. But if nothing matters, if all our lives amount to are motes of dust in the infinite-."

"Do you know why you are still alive?"
Amusing that such a seemingly nihilistic viewpoint is so effective against the Anti-Life.

"Because I don't react to the Anti-Life in the way that others do. You feel that my point of view is a threat."

"No." He takes a step towards her. "You are no threat."
No, she's a curiosity, isn't she? You want to know how she's doing it...

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm doing this because that… Difference, is something that I don't understand. And I need to understand it. That knowledge is worth the lives of everyone on this planet. I need what you have to complete myself."
...Well, that's bad.

"Match, shoot him."

There's a quiet crackling noise as the air in front of my eyes superheats, then two rays of heat lance down-
Heh, aerial support.

Be Not.
-and get met my two beams from his eyes-. The heat just vanishes
Goddammit. I guess he's got enough power to give them a fight.

"What do you need from me?"

"Your experience. Your adaptation. A part f what makes you you. I'll break it down, work out how it works and then add it to me. I'm grateful. Without you, this would be impossible."
Which is why you can't be allowed to have it, asshole.

"Why do you need it from me?"

"Your response to the Anti-Life is fundament to who you are. I could wait centuries for someone else who thinks like you to come along. Maybe longer."
Or never have it again, if Humanity remains crushed like this...

I fire a blast of heat vision again, but he blocks it with his… Omega Effect thing again. I try pulsing tiny shots of heat but he doesn't even bother looking up as he walks closer-.

Canis's eyes have gone black. He's collapsed.
Whoops, that's bad.

"I shouldn't be surprised."

"No, you-"
Let me guess. She expected him to say that.

He catches the arrow and then swings it, smashing the bomb Robin threw into the air just before it can explode. I drive down fists first and-.

Ugh!

Brick-. Dust-. I'm-.
Damn, Mannheim really channelling his boss today...

"-shouldn't."

I pull myself out of the brick just as Karon pulls out a gun and points it at her own head-.
Somehow, I get the feeling that will be important.

And Mannheim's there, arms wrapped around her forearms, eyes… Glowing.

"Teach me." All Is One.

His Omega Effect shoots out of his eyes into hers, and she screams!
And now things get freaky, don't they?

Well, this is going horribly. And the Team is in over their head as usual. Unfortunately, Mannheim forced their hand by moving so quickly, meaning no backup... No-one involved in this is walking away unchanged, I suspect. Definitely feeling like final boss music should be playing, too, especially if Mannheim manages to come out on top. Still, something may happen to mess up all his plans...

"Perhaps it does. Perhaps it doesn't. But if nothing matters, if all our lives amount to are motes of dust in the infinite-."
Does anyone else get the feeling that Bruno's about to eat something that disagrees with him. Because as Karen says, if nothing matters, then Darkseid doesn't matter and his ego cannot accept that.

6th February 2013
22:32 GMT -5

Any chance you could add an 'end of arc' to the threadmark for the last part of this story. This has been artificially dragged out so much I've completely lost interest in it. Better to wait for it to be done so I can skim it from anything that will effect later chapters.

At this point there is a part of me that wants a few of his friend to die so Paul finally gets the 'pefect is the enemy of the good' concept pounded into his head once and for all. Also looking for the perfect solution with the least risk possible, and least amount of power no matter how long it takes.

Is the implication that Karon's holding a piece of the Anti Life? Shouldn't that trigger direct Darkseid interference?

"It demonstrate that even though you have 'ruled' Earth for over a month, there are still people resisting you. Studying you. Finding ways to weaken you."
'demonstrates'
Does anyone else get the feeling that Bruno's about to eat something that disagrees with him. Because as Karen says, if nothing matters, then Darkseid doesn't matter and his ego cannot accept that.
I think it's the opposite. Isn't Karen's understanding that if nothing matters, she may as well act as she wishes? It could be that this is exactly what Darkseid needs to prevent the very problem you mention.

'demonstrates'

I think it's the opposite. Isn't Karen's understanding that if nothing matters, she may as well act as she wishes? It could be that this is exactly what Darkseid needs to prevent the very problem you mention.

Darkseid doesn't dominate because he likes dominating.

It's inferiority superiority complex.

His mother was a monster who had Darkseid's wife, who he loved very much, murdered.

His father is even worse.

His parents treating him like shit stuck to the bottom of their shoes left him feeling worthless.

That's why his mother had his wife killed, the fact that she honestly loved him made him feel like he was worthwhile, which made dominating others to feel worthwhile redundant, and so he lost interest.

If he truly accepted that nothing matters, then he'd also accept that dominating others doesn't matter either.

Darkseid doesn't dominate because he likes dominating.

It's inferiority superiority complex.

His mother was a monster who had Darkseid's wife, who he loved very much, murdered.

His father is even worse.

His parents treating him like shit stuck to the bottom of their shoes left him feeling worthless.

That's why his mother had his wife killed, the fact that she honestly loved him made him feel like he was worthwhile, which made dominating others to feel worthwhile redundant, and so he lost interest.

If he truly accepted that nothing matters, then he'd also accept that dominating others doesn't matter either.
I bow to your expertise. Although I will be a little sad if Darkseid's motivation really is that fragile in this story.

I bow to your expertise. Although I will be a little sad if Darkseid's motivation really is that fragile in this story.

Kirby made Darkseid as the god of fascist tyrants, and Kirby understood that at their heart fascist tyrants are small men who puff themselves up with delusions of grandeur. Fakers in the end.

Everyone understands one of Kirby's other great creations, Doctor Doom, can be both simultaneously as brilliant and powerful as he says he is, but also has an inherent pettiness and weakness at his heart. Darkseid is the same, presenting himself as a monstrous, omnipotent god of evil because that's what he wants to be. In some ways Darkseid is that, but he has the weakness and fragility of all tyrants in his heart. He's telling a story about himself that you don't have to buy into.

Kirby based Darkseid's personality on Nixon and Hitler, a self absorbed neurotic paranoiac and an antisocial paranoid narcissist.

Not exactly the stuff of greatness.

The modern take, ala Morrison et al, in which Darkseid is some grand god of evil would probably make Kirby want to vomit.

Home Field (part 25)
6th February 2013
22:35 GMT -5

Mannheim… Drops her, as Artemis grabs Canis with one hand and Holly with the other. Neither of them really resist. Mannheim is still doing… Something to Karon. The Omega Effect-. Scott Free described it as giving Darkseid complete control over whatever he used it on. Usually he just disintegrates things, but in theory-.

I hate being helpless.

Mannheim lets go of Karon, and she… Kind of staggers backwards and then sits down. I don't have a good angle on her from here and I can't risk getting distracted by looking at my cameras.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah."

Mannheim blinks slowly, fists balling and then relaxing again.

"I see. You keep going, even if you no longer feel the things that caused you to adopt that behavior. You don't need to know right from wrong because it's just you. Thank you, Karon Chase, for teaching this to me."

Karon doesn't react. I don't know if I should grab her, try attacking him again-.

"But let me share what you learned with the world." Action W-.

WAAAGHWAAAGHWAAAGH!

Ah-! Some sort of..! Sonic weapon goes off, Mannheim's.. hit with something that makes him glow, then-. Then he goes kind of transparent-. He raises his hands and looks at them.

Quick, while he's distracted.

I dart forward, grab Karon-

Her eyes look normal now, and she's.. crying?

-and then run back into the prison.

"Robin to everyone. It didn't work. Evacuate immediately."

"Match to team. I'm blowing the bridge now."

CHOOM CHOOM-CHOOM CHOOM-CHOOM CHOOM!

"Artemis. I'm taking Canis and Holly to the Batboat. What's Mannheim doing?"

We planned the route through Blackgate. Since they used to bring new arrivals in by boat, it's pretty accessible. We should be able to get away.

"Robin. Can't see him."

We didn't win. But no one died, went mad, got captured or even injured. Mannheim learned… Something about the Anti-Life, so maybe the world's going to get a little worse. But we learned that's what he was trying to do, so…

"Alexander. He shouldn't be doing much. I used a magic-enhanced phase-shifter. If my thaumic scans are correct, it should take him about three minutes to overpower the effect. Less if he doesn't try that hard."

That's…

"Robin. How many of those-" I turn down a main hall, using my computer to remotely open the security doors. "-do you have?"

"Alexander. It's integrated into my armour, but as I understand these things, he will gradually become more resistant. How are Karon, Holly and Canis Minor doing?"

"Artemis. They're breathing. Not.. responding to my voice."

"Karon, how you doing?"

All I hear is very quiet sobbing.

"Robin. Same. Match, are any of his bodyguards coming after us?"

"No. Do you want me to try grabbing one of them?"

Mannheim could start moving at any moment and he already hit Match out of the air once…

"No. Don't risk yourself."

Out the back of the prison, and Artemis is already dumping off Canis and Holly. She looks back at me as I leap, landing next to the boat and shoving Karon at her.

"Robin. Match, update?"

"Mannheim is sort of glowing. Bodyguard still the same."

"Alexander. He's about to break out. I'm pulling out. Meet up at fallback point one."

I jump into the boat next to the controls, hitting the ignition and accelerate the jet engine. It's not quiet, but it's fast and responsive. We pull away from the shore and I start breathing a little bit easier.

"Arte, how are they?"

"Canis? Are you okay?"

Blackgate falls away behind us, and a moment later I see Match flying alongside us.

A little easier.

"Canis, I'm gunna shoot you with a purple healing-."

"Did you know?"

"Ah… About Darkseid kicking you out for real?"

"Yes."

"Ah… It's not like Darkseid tells us what his plans are, but it always sounded… I thought he was probably trying to kill you for real. I didn't know he didn't care."

"I see."

"But… Not having the biggest bad guy in the universe gunning for you isn't a bad thing."

"You know nothing. I made my art... For him. His…"

"Try shooting him anyway."

"O-kay…"

"Canis, you haven't stopped being God of Art just because Darkseid is a philistine. It was always kind of a long shot for a guy who wants to crush every soul in existence to like creativity and beauty. I… Know it feels like-."

"Children! Turn out to sea! Turn out to sea now!"

I turn the wheel and push the accelerator right away.

"Robin to Alexander, what-?"

"It isn't that easy to escape me." Action Without Passion.

Oh.

I reduce the boat's speed and resume course for the fallback point. It's already hit, and this was probably what Mannheim was trying to do. Maybe it will wear off and maybe it won't. I can't risk the drugs again.

Behind me, Artemis turns off the purple healing ray and drops it to the floor. Holly goes fetal, Karon just sort of lies there and Canis is actually looking a little better.

That should probably mean something to me.

But it doesn't.

Last edited:
Mannheim… Drops her, as Artemis grabs Canis with one hand an Holly with the other. Neither of them really resist. Mannheim is still doing… Something to Karon. The Omega Effect-. Scott Free described it as giving Darkseid complete control over whatever he used it on. Usually he just disintegrates things, but in theory-.
That should say 'and'.

Oh.

I reduce the boat's speed and resume course for the fallback point. It's already hit, and this was probably what Mannheim was trying to do. Maybe it will wear off and maybe it won't. I can't risk the drugs again.

Behind me, Artemis turns off the purple healing ray and drops it to the floor. Holly goes fetal, Karon just sort of lies there and Canis is actually looking a little better.

But it doesn't.
Great. Now he has Karon's understanding of the Anti-Life, which apparently gives him the ability to take away one's passion. I really hope Paul can resist this, because it seems like an anti-orange light expression of the Anti-Life to me.

6th February 2013
22:35 GMT -5

Mannheim… Drops her, as Artemis grabs Canis with one hand an Holly with the other. Neither of them really resist. Mannheim is still doing… Something to Karon. The Omega Effect-. Scott Free described it as giving Darkseid complete control over whatever he used it on. Usually he just disintegrates things, but in theory-.

I hate being helpless.
Yep. The Omega Effect is more like a weaponised plot device ray. For instance, when Darkseid used it on Batman during Final Crisis, it technically didn't kill him, it just sent him bouncing through time. Because Batman's plot armour is just that good. :p

Mannheim lets go of Karon, and she… Kind of staggers backwards and then sits down. I don't have a good angle on her from here and I can't risk getting distracted by looking at my cameras.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah."
Especially if said cameras draw his attention while he's savouring... Whatever he's doing.

Mannheim blinks slowly, fists balling and then relaxing again.

"I see. You keep going, even if you no longer feel the things that caused you to adopt that behavior. You don't need to know right from wrong because it's just you. Thank you, Karon Chase, for teaching this to me."
Oh, shit. He got an upgrade...

Karon doesn't react. I don't know if I should grab her, try attacking him again-.

"But let me share what you learned with the world." Action W-.
Bugger! Evacuate the place!

WAAAGHWAAAGHWAAAGH!

Ah-! Some sort of..! Sonic weapon goes off, Mannheim's.. hit with something that makes him glow, then-. Then he goes kind of transparent-. He raises his hands and looks at them.
...Okay, I'm guessing that isn't him doing that. Alexander?

Quick, while he's distracted.

I dart forward, grab Karon-

Her eyes look normal now, and she's.. crying?
Like I said, no-one's walking away unchanged.

-and then run back into the prison.

"Robin to everyone. It didn't work. Evacuate immediately."
In other words: leg it before Mannheim gets his ass back together.

"Match to team. I'm blowing the bridge now."

CHOOM CHOOM-CHOOM CHOOM-CHOOM CHOOM!
At least that'll slow Mannheim's goons down if they give chase.

"Artemis. I'm taking Canis and Holly to the Batboat. What's Mannheim doing?"

We planned the route through Blackgate. Since they used to bring new arrivals in by boat, it's pretty accessible. We should be able to get away.
Or, given their abilities, over Blackgate. 'Leap tall buildings in a single bound' and all that. :D

"Robin. Can't see him."

We didn't win. But no one died, went mad, got captured or even injured. Mannheim learned… Something about the Anti-Life, so maybe the world's going to get a little worse. But we learned that's what he was trying to do, so…
Not a complete failure, but Batman's still going to be pissed.

"Alexander. He shouldn't be doing much. I used a magic-enhanced phase-shifter. If my thaumic scans are correct, it should take him about three minutes to overpower the effect. Less if he doesn't try that hard."

That's…
Evidently Alexander's encountered New Gods before.

"Robin. How many of those-" I turn down a main hall, using my computer to remotely open the security doors. "-do you have?"

"Alexander. It's integrated into my armour, but as I understand these things, he will gradually become more resistant. How are Karon, Holly and Canis Minor doing?"
As we saw1 with the Renegade and his 'temporary' knockoff Speed Formula dosages... His Metaphysique rejecting changes not in his nature...

"Artemis. They're breathing. Not.. responding to my voice."

"Karon, how you doing?"

All I hear is very quiet sobbing.
That's bad for Gotham, certainly. Without Mistress to hold the Justified back, they'll be dancing to Mannheim's tune.

"Robin. Same. Match, are any of his bodyguards coming after us?"

"No. Do you want me to try grabbing one of them?"
Sounds like a big risk for little payout.

"No. Don't risk yourself."

Mannheim could start moving at any moment and he already hit Match out of the air once…
Too deeply Anti-Lifed, I expect. Not worth the risk.

Out the back of the prison, and Artemis is already dumping off Canis and Holly. She looks back at me as I leap, landing next to the boat and shoving Karon at her.

"Robin. Match, update?"
Fire up the engine, folks, time to haul ass.

"Mannheim is sort of glowing. Bodyguard still the same."

"Alexander. He's about to break out. I'm pulling out. Meet up at fallback point one."
He did say if Mannheim fought back, it wouldn't last long...

I jump into the boat next to the controls, hitting the ignition and accelerate the jet engine. It's not quiet, but it's fast and responsive. We pull away from the shore and I start breathing a little bit easier.

"Arte, how are they?"
Are they alive? Yes. Are they unharmed? All signs point to no.

"Canis? Are you okay?"

Blackgate falls away behind us, and a moment later I see Match flying alongside us.
Unless Mannheim or his buddies can fly, they're at least safe on that front...

A little easier.

"Canis, I'm gunna shoot you with a purple healing-."
Honestly, I doubt it'll do much. He's not physically damaged.

"Did you know?"

"Ah… About Darkseid kicking you out for real?"
Just badly emotionally damaged.

"Yes."

"Ah… It's not like Darkseid tells us what his plans are, but it always sounded… I thought he was probably trying to kill you for real. I didn't know he didn't care."
Not sure that's want Canis wants to hear right now...

"I see."

"But… Not having the biggest bad guy in the universe gunning for you isn't a bad thing."
Certainly, it makes it easier to sleep at night, if nothing else.

"You know nothing. I made my art... For him. His…"

"Try shooting him anyway."
If only to stop him from willing himself to die.

"O-kay…"

"Canis, you haven't stopped being God of Art just because Darkseid is a philistine. It was always kind of a long shot for a guy who wants to crush every soul in existence to like creativity and beauty. I… Know it feels like-."
...But maybe he needs to hear it. I suspect he won't be feeling great anytime soon, though.

"Children! Turn out to sea! Turn out to sea now!"

I turn the wheel and push the accelerator right away.
Alexander has that sort of commanding voice, huh? Just like Batman?

"Robin to Alexander, what-?"

...Well, that isn't good. I assume that was over the radio, rather than in person...

Oh.

Probably a good idea, especially if they're only safe for one dose a month.

But it doesn't.
So, not good all round. :confused: Shit...

Such a marvellous finish to a shitshow of a mission. :( While they failed to stop Mannheim, they did at least get the two ladies to safety. Whatever safety they can still find with Mannheim's little upgrade being broadcast full force across the Earth... I guess it was optimistic to think that Karon could overcome Mannheim. Looks like OL's hail-mary plan is the next big chance.

Wouldn't this make it literally impossible for LePaul to fight him given he relies on Power Ring?
The anti life doesn't have infinite reach out into space or else Darkseid would infect the universe without opening boom tubes and invading planets individually. Is it piercing and or permeating the thaumasphere and reaching into the dream, hell, or the underworld? Seems like an orbital strike of white light or perhaps basting the entire collective unconscious with it could mostly resolve things from outside of the enemy's reach or attention.

Thank you, corrected.
free-hugs-sticker.jpg

Honestly this seems like an excellent counter to power ring users of every type except Black rings. It remains to be seen how Guy or Alan are going to react to it. Either would be a good indicator of what to expect from Power Ring users against Darkseid from now on.
Slight implication that Karon may be frighteningly effective with a Black Power Ring.

Unfortunately, while I was predicting this outcome I'm still not happy with it.
I just had an intuition that they weren't set up to cheat hard enough, and should probably have considered taking Karon and retreating somewhere Mannheim would have trouble finding her until they were set up to cheat harder.

This also has implications for Paul's eventual ambition to attack Apokalips.

What I'm wondering is: when is Paragon Paul going to learn about that New-God kryptonite-equivalent? Xenon? I think? I may be forgetting what it's called.
But they've been having New God problems off and on for a while, and I would hope that Canis or Barda or the Controllers would know about that stuff.

What I'm wondering is: when is Paragon Paul going to learn about that New-God kryptonite-equivalent? Xenon? I think? I may be forgetting what it's called.
But they've been having New God problems for a while, and I would hope that Canis or Barda or the Controllers would know about that stuff.
It's called radion. And I'm not sure any New God would tell any non-New God about it if they had any choice in the matter.

Paul is aware that radion exists. He just ahs no access to it or any knowledge on how its made or where it comes from. He mentioned once that he keeps an eye out for it but no luck.

Which is understandable considering writers changed it.

Originally it was apparently a form of radiation. Radion bombs, radion blasters. I like equating it with the theoretical particles.

In Death of the New Gods, they made the "radion bullet" a platonic ideal bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back