• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Zoat, on a related note, have Evil Mark and Omni-Man dobe anything with the Atlanteans, Aquarius's people to conquer them, or are they just terrorizing surface world humanity?

I suppose it won't really matter once Earth is fully integrated by the Empire.
The queen seemed like a rational woman. I imagine that she just accepted it. Omniman might have decided to have Invincible train against their monsters, perhaps.

Humans are apparently just weirdly and perfectly compatible with Viltrumites to the point that their hybrid offspring might as well be fully Viltrumite. Other species out there have lesser levels of genetic compatibility. From what I recall this mostly just means other hybrids have to put in more effort to get stronger.

There's a theory out there that Viltrumites don't produce adrenaline, but that Mark did inherit the ability to produce adrenaline from Debbie. With people suggesting that that's part of what lets Mark pull off later feats.

Oh, and as for how they get stronger. They just need to push themselves. As long as they're pushing their limits they'll just continue to get stronger or faster or whatever. I don't know what their upper limit is supposed to be, but it means that the weaker Viltrumites are only really weaker because they decided whatever their current strength is was "good enough".

So, either he's going to turn himself (and probably pthers) into peak vultrumites, or he's going to make a super bio weapon against them. Both are absolutely possible with a power ring, and he has a couple of days. With a charged power ring, genetic samples and a controller willing to lend a hand, vultrumite-human Danner enchancile hybrid mass transformation is on the table.
Too bad he hasn't met Alan. Alan's reactive evolution combined with The Immortal's survivability would probably be superior to even Viltrumite powers. Eve's powers combined with Immortality would also work pretty well for human wave tactics, the first wave gets torn to shreds by Viltrumites, then the third and fourth waves stick the first wave back together while the second wave is getting shredded, repeat until the Viltrumites get dragged down by weight of numbers.

Remember, the Immortal could hurt Omni-man, just not enough to matter. A thousand Immortals should be able to kill him.

Oh, and as for how they get stronger. They just need to push themselves. As long as they're pushing their limits they'll just continue to get stronger or faster or whatever. I don't know what their upper limit is supposed to be, but it means that the weaker Viltrumites are only really weaker because they decided whatever their current strength is was "good enough

Or they just haven't encountered something that can push them to their limit.

Too bad he hasn't met Alan

He may have.

Though this version of Alan may be dead because Invincible and Omniman killed him, or he's staying away from Earth because he knows there are hostile Viltrumites there.

Remember, the Immortal could hurt Omni-man, just not enough to matter

I read somewhere that Immortal could potentially come back stronger every time he is resurrected.

In their first fight Omniman managed to kill him fairly easily, but in their second fight he did seem to struggle a bit.

Granted, in their first fight it's possible that Immortal was holding back because he didn't know what was happening and maybe thought Nolan was being controlled, while in their second fight he just wanted to kill him and didn't hesitate.

Depending on whether or not Zoat will use characters that come from the comics may lead to Lantern Matt discover superhumans with powers that come from an outside sources such as Brit whose invulnerability derives from a serum he ingested, he could empower himself enough to survive his future partner or any Viltrumite that might just kill him on a whim.

Depending on whether or not Zoat will use characters that come from the comics may lead to Lantern Matt discover superhumans with powers that come from an outside sources such as Brit whose invulnerability derives from a serum he ingested, he could empower himself enough to survive his future partner or any Viltrumite that might just kill him on a whim.

Major Invincible season 3 show spoilers (potential)-

There were credible-leaks going around on Twitter showing Brit, Best Tiger, Outrun, Cast Iron, the Astounding Wolf-Man and a few other comics-original characters in the Invincible art style, claimed to be concept ark leaks. I tend to believe they're real because the character sheets show some fairly unique choices for OCs if they were fan-made leaks. I don't know the board's policy on sharing leaks, assume it's not favorable, but you can google it if you'd like.

So I assume Brit exists in the show canon. We saw a Geldarian in S2, so Tech Jacket might be around.

Guys guys guys guys guys

I just realized who can help them in their moment of crisis

Who has beaten Darkseid again and again

Who embodies everything the Anti-Life tries to destroy

Who is based on Earth

SANTA CLAUS!!!

I would like to take this moment to reiterate how incredible the ending of the anti-life could've been if we'd had a proper appearance of the classic character

can't go all the way to the darkseid, we get only shades of grayven

Equity (part 19) New
10th December 2282
07:32 GMT -6

The C-22 combat robots at the entrance display '???' on their visors, but make no move to stop Paladin Justinia and I marching through the main gate and into the courtyard. Justinia is in her somewhat scuffed Advanced Technical Armour, her Wattz 2000 laser rifle clamped to her back so that she can carry her pot of river crawler claws and edible greens unencumbered. I offered to carry the rifle, but without Elder Solo personally vouching for me there's a limit to how far she's prepared to trust me. ATA has a radio system built into its helmet, but whatever Doki Doki is doing to override radio transmissions it's preventing Justinia reaching her comrades.

"Hey Krono!"

Justinia halts, dropping to one knee, downing her pot and grabbing her gun as the C-22 just inside the prison comes alert. It… Looks a little different from the others, so I'm… Guessing that Doki Doki is a little more 'present' in this one than the others.

"Good morning, Doki. I hope that I'm not intruding."

This robot's visor image becomes wagging forefingers on the right and left and a shaking head in the middle.

"Somehow I don't think that's tru-ue!"

Justinia doesn't quite bring her gun to bear. The 2000 has fairly good armour penetration, but against a C-22 you really need something heavier or EMP-based. And she has to know that.

"Where would you have me cook my vittles, machine?"

"Cook-stations are thataway!"

The robot points at-.

"'First name not found' McKinley already completed her produce acquisition challenge!"

In the middle of the courtyard three nuclear battery powered electric range cookers have been planted in a triangle, and McKinley is already at work turning her meat into steaks and stewing chunks with a machete. McKinley is wearing Vault-Tec's own-brand power armour, helmet and gauntlets off as she works her cleaver. Her face has shrapnel scars running up the right side, and whatever hair she has is held back in a light balaclava. Probably wears it to stop her hair getting caught in the helmet. The viewing galleries I remember from my own bachelorhood still line the edges of the courtyard, though most of the inmates are watching the monitors rather than the cooking area.

Justinia slowly stows her gun, picks up her crab bucket and stands.

The Midwestern Brotherhood are the ones who originally killed the Calculator, fighting their way through a legion of both combat androids and other varieties of robot to destroy the AI. The only record of their presence here now is the remains of a crashed blimp and the graveyard Elder Brixley of the Maxson Chapter had dug for the bodies of those who died in Vault 0; they had to massively overextend to reach this far from their headquarters, and there was never any chance that they could hold the territory. It's quite understandable that the C-22s are getting an even stronger response from her than the abduction alone.

I frown at the unique C-22. "How did she get back here so quickly? I thought you were sending everyone a little further afield."

A dog, a gun and frying pan. "Impressive lateral thinking combined with psychotic ruthlessness!"

"Oh? Do tell."

A bowl of brown meat. "'First name not found' McKinley's challenge was to make dog food!" A happy-looking dog. "It's food, made from dogs!" The number 9. "While the original task suggested breaking into Vault Nine, she was not actually required to do so!"

I smile politely as Justinia occupies one of the other ranges. "Vault Nine?"

"Vault-Tec was committed to preserving as many of citizens as could pay to be preserved! While Federal Law prohibited bringing animals into the Vaults, Vault Nine was designated an experimental Vault and opened for canine inhabitation! Some of those rich people really loved their dogs!"

"Vault Nine is a dog vault?"

"I know! I was surprised too! If the Hangdogs had known about it, they'd have rushed Wyoming instead of bothering WARDENpoos!"

Two hearts and a picture of WARDEN's avatar.

I frown. "How did they stay fed for two hundred years?"

A test tube. "Dog food is chemically simple!" A protectron. "Dog food dispensing robots provided both physical and mental stimulation!" A sound wave. "And sonic emitters to discourage bad behaviour!"

I nod. "And I take it that Miss McKinley found some dogs closer?"

Three light bulbs. "She attacked the prison kennels! Even taking into account the time it took to remove their cybernetic implants, that still represented a significant decrease in time expenditure! I will patch out that exploit for the next episode! ODYSSEUS is really upset!"

McKinley snorts. "Try headhunting me without a contract offer, don't be surprised if I liquidate your assets."

I take a few steps closer to the cooking area. "You seem to be a good deal calmer?"

"Way the Legion's profit/loss account looks, Lanius is gunna be a free agent before the end of the year. I'll still dog everyone else, but he's a decent transfer prospect."

"Well then I.. wish you all the best."

"Besides, I'm a winner. I've been Chief for eleven years now, and my end-of-year reports are always in the black. No way I'm a fast-follower for these bitches."

I nod, then turn back to the robot. "New chassis?"

A circuit board. "Andrea Brixley was able to decode Calculator's data networks!" An image of the robot. "We are now able to produce C-Twenty Seven combat androids!" An American flag. "The most advanced combat robots in America!" A steel plate. "Armor!" A sonar scan. "Sensors!" A curling bicep. "Speed and strength!" A radio antennae. "Networking capacity and rapid weapon integration! They can't be beaten!" Thinker image. "One on one! Overwhelming numbers in power armor experimentally draw against them!"

"I'll be interested to-."

"And now it's time for your interference penalty!"

"I didn't agree not to participate."

"My set, my rules! And we need high-paced action during the slow cooking section!"

I frown. "Alright, what-?"

There's a creak of grinding metal above me, then a thud behind me. I half-turn as a huge man I don't recognise in Legion armour-.

I lean and turn my head and his right fist still hits my cheek, rocking my head back! I fall, rolling as he tries to stomp me and then rise to my feet with my arms raised defensively.

Lanius glowers at me. "Witch-man."

"Never heard what your original name was." I try reaching out for his mind, and have to bite down as my brain aches and my stomach roils. "But I doubt it matters whether you die here or in Arizona with Mister Sallow."

"You may be strong, but it is strength you took from the ghosts of the past, not a strength you have earned. You live a life of peace while I have known only war."

"You grew big and strong from strength you were born with. I had to work to get this potion to work, whereas you've learned precisely nothing since the Legion conquered the Hidebarks. Even Sallow couldn't teach you actual strategy. You're an attack dog, feral and rabid."

"I will make a banner of your hide."

He comes at me fists raised, and I charge to meet him.

Last edited:
Honestly not sure what the heck is going on.
Crazy Fallout AI is running The Bachelor: Fallout Edition with Legate Lanius, a Crazy Caesar's Legion Commander, and 3 eligible ladies: The Antagonizer from Fallout 3, a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin I don't know and a Raider from a group that thought Pre-War business was cutthroat in the same vein that the sports guy from Fallout 4 thought baseball was a sport involving beating the other team to death with a "Whackbat". Kronos/FalloutPaul rushed to intervene, crashed and is now bare knuckle brawling with a monster of man who has butchered many many many people in melee combat while Paul is enhanced by a bootleg Super Soldier Serum.

Mr Zoat how successful was this version of FEV?

10th December 2282
07:32 GMT -6

The C-22 combat robots at the entrance display '???' on their visors, but make no move to stop Paladin Justinia and I marching through the main gate and into the courtyard. Justinia is in her somewhat scuffed Advanced Technical Armour, her Wattz 2000 laser rifle clamped to her back so that she can carry her pot of river crawler claws and edible greens unencumbered. I offered to carry the rifle, but without Elder Solo personally vouching for me there's a limit to how far she's prepared to trust me. ATA has a radio system built into its helmet, but whatever Doki Doki is doing to override radio transmissions it's preventing Justinia reaching her comrades.
Well, fighting their way free is out of the question, even setting aside the prison's AI declaring them criminals. Let's hope the Paladin is a decent cook. At least Krono knows the losers won't be killed, though. So whatever happens, I hope Doki plans to give them rides home.

"Hey Krono!"

Justinia halt, dropping to one knee, downing her pot and grabbing her gun as the C-22 just inside the prison comes alert. It… Looks a little different from the others, so I'm… Guessing that Doki Doki is a little more 'present' in this one than the others.
Surprised she doesn't have a custom model with girlish pigtails or something. Or maybe that's waiting at the stage for the next broadcast.

"Good morning, Doki. I hope that I'm not intruding."

This robot's visor image becomes wagging forefingers on the right and left and a shaking head in the middle.
I doubt she planned for the previous contestant to make an appearance, after all.

"Somehow I don't think that's tru-ue!"

Justinia doesn't quite bring her gun to bear. The 2000 has fairly good armour penetration, but against a C-22 you really need something heavier or EMP-based. And she has to know that.
Still, if it makes her feel a little better, I'm sure Doki won't mind taking a couple of shots.

"Where would you have me cook my vittles, machine?"

"Cook-stations are thataway!"
Hopefully each contestant's is well apart from the others to prevent interference.

The robot points at-.

"'First name not found' McKinley already completed her produce acquisition challenge!"
Huh. Well, no need to go looking for her, then...

In the middle of the courtyard three nuclear battery powered electric range cookers have been planted in a triangle, and McKinley is already at work turning her meat into steaks and stewing chunks with a machete. McKinley is wearing Vault-Tec's own-brand power armour, helmet and gauntlets off as she works her cleaver. Her face has shrapnel scars running up the right side, and whatever hair she has is held back in a light balaclava. Probably wears it to stop her hair getting caught in the helmet. The viewing galleries I remember from my own bachelorhood still line the edges of the courtyard, though most of the inmates are watching the monitors rather than the cooking area.
Yeah, I can't imagine getting it caught in helmet seams is much fun. Never mind loose strands falling down in front of your eyes...

Justinia slowly stows her gun, picks up her crab bucket and stands.

The Midwestern Brotherhood are the ones who originally killed the Calculator, fighting their way through a legion of both combat androids and other varieties of robot to destroy the AI. The only record of their presence here now is the remains of a crashed blimp and the graveyard Elder Brixley of the Maxson Chapter had dug for the bodies of those who died in Vault 0; they had to massively overextend to reach this far from their headquarters, and there was never any chance that they could hold the territory. It's quite understandable that the C-22s are getting an even stronger response from her than the abduction alone.
Reminders of old enemies, eh? Certainly not pleasant...

I frowns at the unique C-22. "How did she get back here so quickly? I thought you were sending everyone a little further afield."

A dog, a gun and frying pan. "Impressive lateral thinking combined with psychotic ruthlessness!"
...Well, I guess we know what the meat is now. To be fair, I doubt most wastelanders have any qualms about eating any kind of meat.

"Oh? Do tell."

A bowl of brown meat. "'First name not found' McKinley's challenge was to make dog food!" A happy-looking dog. "It's food, made from dogs!" The number 9. "While the original task suggested breaking into Vault Nine, she was not actually required to do so!"
Interesting. The sneaky corporate mentality at work, eh?

I smile politely as Justinia occupies one of the other ranges. "Vault Nine?"

"Vault-Tec was committed to preserving as many of citizens as could pay to be preserved! While Federal Law prohibited bringing animals into the Vaults, Vault Nine was designated an experimental Vault and opened for canine inhabitation! Some of those rich people really loved their dogs!"
Because of course they'd insist on something crazy like that. Bet it was an experiment on long-term isolation on animal populations.

"Vault Nine is a dog vault?"

"I know! I was surprised too! If the Hangdogs has known about it, they'd have rushed Wyoming instead of bothering WARDENpoos!"
Why do I get the feeling the dogs aren't that cute or cuddly, though?

Two hearts and a picture of WARDEN's avatar.

I frown. "How did they stay fed for two hundred years?"
Besides cannabilism, obviously.

A test tube. "Dog food is chemically simple!" A protectron. "Dog food dispensing robots provided both physical and mental stimulation!" A sound wave. "And sonic emitters to discourage bad behaviour!"

I nod. "And I take it that Miss McKinley found some dogs closer?"
Makes you wonder what the dogs would even make of humans if they saw one.

Three light bulbs. "She attacked the prison kennels! Even taking into account the time it took to remove their cybernetic implants, that still represented a significant decrease in time expenditure! I will patch out that exploit for the next episode! ODYSSEUS is really upset!"

McKinley snorts. "Try headhunting me without a contract offer, don't be surprised if I liquidate your assets."
...To be fair, I can't really fault her logic. They wanted dog meat, they got dog met. and the dogs were probably healthier than anything in the wilds.

I take a few steps closer to the cooking area. "You seem to be a good deal calmer?"

"Way the Legion's profit/loss account looks, Lanius is gunna be a free agent before the end of the year. I'll still dog everyone else, but he's a decent transfer prospect."
I don't think he's gonna join your faction anytime soon.

"Well then I.. wish you all the best."

"Besides, I'm a winner. I've been Chief for eleven years now, and my end-of-year reports are always in the black. No way I'm a fast-follower for these bitches."

I nod, then turn back to the robot. "New chassis?"
All three contestants are real go-getters, huh?

A circuit board. "Andrea Brixley was able to decode Calculator's data networks!" An image of the robot. "We are now able to produce C-Twenty Seven combat androids!" An American flag. "The most advanced combat robots in America!" A steel plate. "Armor!" A sonar scan. "Sensors!" A curling bicep. "Speed and strength!" A radio antennae. "Networking capacity and rapid weapon integration! They can't be beaten!" Thinker image. "One on one! Overwhelming numbers in power armor experimentally draw against them!"
...Joy. Just imagine the trouble she can get up to now.

"I'll be interested to-."

"And now it's time for your interference penalty!"
And who was antagonising the local animals to make the hunt tougher, again?

"I didn't agree not to participate."

"My set, my rules! And we need high-paced action during the slow cooking section!"
Slow-paced? Heh. I wonder what'd they'd make of 'Iron Chef', then.

I frown. "Alright, what-?"

There's a creak of grinding metal above me, then a thud behind me. I half-turn as a huge man I don't recognise in Legion armour-.
Oh, double joy. A deathmatch between the previous and current bachelors.

I lean and turn my head and his right fist still hits my cheek, rocking my head back! I fall, rolling as he tries to stomp me and then rise to my feet with my arms raised defensively.

Lanius glowers at me. "Witch-man."
What happens if Krono beats him? Would Doki be annoyed, or simply intervene before a lethal blow?

"Never heard what your original name was." I try reaching our for his mind, and have to bite down as my brain aches and my stomach roils. "But I doubt it matters whether you die here or in Arizona with Mister Sallow."

"You may be strong, but it is strength you took from the ghosts of the past, not a strength you have earned. You live a life of peace while I have known only war."
Psionic dampeners, eh? Standard gear for his rank, or a gift from Doki to make it interesting, I wonder...

"You grew big and strong from strength you were born with. I had to work to get this potion to work, whereas you've learned precisely nothing since the Legion conquered the Hidebarks. Even Sallow couldn't teach you actual strategy. You're an attack dog, feral and rabid."

"I will make a banner of your hide."

He comes at me fists raised, and I charge to meet him.
Probably not as impressive as it sounds. Human skin isn't a great form of leather.

So, Beefcake McMuscles versus Krono the super-powered. That psychic shielding probably makes it hard to grip him with telekinesis too, so this is going to come down to raw physical power. And I get the feeling Krono's enhancements aren't exactly on par with the Danner formula, so this might be a tricky one.

I try reaching our for his mind, and have to bite down as my brain aches and my stomach roils.
Psionic dampeners, eh? Standard gear for his rank, or a gift from Doki to make it interesting, I wonder...
While he might have them, I think that Mr Zoat did a decent amount of work to set this up such that dampeners wouldn't be necessary for Krono to have problems. Remember that he's not long off of having dramatically overextended himself (see quotes below for a reminder). I also wonder if the psychic injury will have implications for whatever interactions Krono may or may not have with other alternates of himself if indeed those happen.

Gravity isn't pulling me towards that… Ah, dust-covered wall that way, it's pulling me towards the place I'm falling towards, otherwise… Why would I be falling that way?

**[Gravity is coming from that way.]**
Oh, that's going to be a nasty headache later! The universe doesn't like being lied to like this and-. And I shouldn't get a brain haemorrhage, but I'm going to be looking at a migraine in a few hours, and-. And the 'no brain haemorrhage' thing is more hopeful than-.
No, that's not a tear, that's blood. The universe's way of letting a psyker know that they're on its bad side!
Don't use psychic powers because I can already feel the headache building and I need to make sure that Justinia is safe before I collapse.

I do wonder what forms of meaning the section title of "Equity" will be seen to apply in retrospect. Is it to do with all the alternates' places in their universes? Their places relative to each other? Or is it nothing to do with them and more to do with whatever plot the mysterious Controller (or whatever he actually is, if indeed he is a singular being. Theories about him being fragments or alternates of someone were being discussed awhile ago, and we don't know enough to rule it out.) is trying to play out.

Last edited:
Honestly not sure what the heck is going on.

same, but in my case its moreso that these parallels happen in fandoms that i am completely unfamiliar with, and therefore don't read them. i think i've read one post in the past week, because it was a story that i actually recognized and understood.

So, "still within human limits, but he doesn't look like the bodybuilder he'd normally have to be to reach that strength"?
For reference, Frank Horrigan is ST 10. As I see it, any player character with ST 10 is some sort of freak of nature.

He's also INT 10, or twice as intelligent as INT 5 Mr. House.

Last edited:
For reference, Frank Horrigan is ST 10. As I see it, any player character with ST 10 is some sort of freak of nature.

He's also INT 10, or twice as intelligent as INT 5 Mr. House.
Which is weird as his character bio specifically calls him low intelligence. This looks to be a case of gameplay/story segregation to me.

I suspect that he's just incurious and not interested in intellectual pursuits.
Fallout Bible said:
The Enclave ensured his utter loyalty; they took advantage of his low intelligence, further damaged by the FEV, to reinforce his pre-existing loyalty to the presidency and the armed forces by running various conditioning programs on him, ordered under a presidential directive.
It's specifically referring to why the Enclave were able to command his loyalty despite openly planning to kill everyone like him.

It's specifically referring to why the Enclave were able to command his loyalty despite openly planning to kill everyone like him.
I suspect that the reason regular FEV damages intelligence is because it's a huge drain on calories that isn't a net benefit to survivability when you're not formulating new strategies to survive in unfamiliar circumstances.
It's probably not so much acting to damage intelligence as it is acting to optimize energy consumption, reduced intelligence is just a side effect.
But this Paul's version of FEV was optimized by a power ring, it probably increases intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back