• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

dreams of another. I can alert whomsoever you wish. And then it would be a simple matter to alert Princess Celestia or have Prince Grayven conveyed to the Tree of Harmony to have any left within him purged."

"But thou wouldn't be safe."
From context pretty sure this is the opposite meaning of the word you meant to use.
wouldst

Hey Zoat can you tell us what permanent Injuries the renegade has?
Things like scars, missing digits?
I seem to remember reading about him losing a finger?
Can he heal himself with his ring or is his godhood preventing that?

Saw the title for what I think is the next alternate chapter.
So the yellow lantern joined the suicide squad?
I think you mentioned something about the group he belongs being sometimes heroes and sometimes villains?

Darkseid acknowledged the renegade as his son. Whether as a replacement for Grayven 16 or for his own amusement we don't know. Technically a true statement.
a true statement yes, but not an honest one
Yea... Here's the thing... Technical truths aren't Honesty.

And neither are truths fundamentally based on a lie.
I disagree with both of you, it is a True capital T statement but not an honest one.

From context pretty sure this is the opposite meaning of the word you meant to use.
wouldst
Thank you, corrected.
Hey Zoat can you tell us what permanent Injuries the renegade has?
Things like scars, missing digits?
I seem to remember reading about him losing a finger?
Can he heal himself with his ring or is his godhood preventing that?
If it's not aggrivated damage he will heal it back flawlessly. The only scar he has is the one inflicted by the radion gun the thanagarians used.
Saw the title for what I think is the next alternate chapter.
So the yellow lantern joined the suicide squad?
I think you mentioned something about the group he belongs being sometimes heroes and sometimes villains?
No Yellow Lantern just yet.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that it will. Chrysalis made a group of evil clones of the Mane 6 called the Mean 6 and the tree killed them when they tried to use the Elements of Harmony.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Mean_Six
Because those weren't compatible. They no longer represented the elements. In fact, they supposedly represented the opposite of them. Though it's a little hard to represent "anti-magic". These ones do directly represent the elements of harmony. They just do so in evil ways.
For example, kindness wants people to get hurt so that it can take care of them.

Grayven has (for lack of a better word I'm sorry FAQ I did read you) mantled New god of conquest
One of the problems is that 'mantled' doesn't mean anything, in common usage; only gamers familiar with one particular game 'mythology' might know it. You could use something like (took on the) 'aspect', which is a term that's been around a lot longer, and is in wider use...

Of course, you need to remember that I may have no idea what I'm talking about. :)
("Culture? Isn't that something that grows in petri dishes?" :) )

Fortunately we both have wings, so while the initial surprise results in us dropping quite a way we both unfurl our natural parachutes and by the time we hand on solid ground we're both fully under control.

Fortunately we both have wings, so while the initial surprise results in us dropping quite a way we both unfurl our natural parachutes and by the time we land on solid ground we're both fully under control

One of the problems is that 'mantled' doesn't mean anything, in common usage; only gamers familiar with one particular game 'mythology' might know it. You could use something like (took on the) 'aspect', which is a term that's been around a lot longer, and is in wider use...

Of course, you need to remember that I may have no idea what I'm talking about. :)
("Culture? Isn't that something that grows in petri dishes?" :) )
It's a little more than that, since "mantling" is more like taking on the being / existence than just an aspect. The being being mangled is in effect "reincarnated" as the mantle.

Getting farther and father away from that Honesty Gem, aren't you Grayven.
Not as such. Regardless of how it came about Darkseid and the Renegade regard one another as father and son.

SI isn't lying when he claims to be the Illustrious of the Orange Lanterns, despite having made up the position only a few months ago.
Renegade isn't lying when he claims a family connection to Darkseid, despite only having been acknowledged as his son a few months ago.

What is true, changes.
What is honest, is opinion.

Paragon did not make up the position of Illustres, the GLC already has one and technically as the most skilled wielder of the orange light he qualifies for the position

Like a few other posters mentioned, I did go back to reread the whole vision quest now that it was more clear what the evil dream-ponies actually were, and the clarity really helps.

I did watch the Nightmare Moon arc, though not much else of FiM, so I'm slightly confused as to whether Harmony (the gestalt concept or effect of all six Elements) is the same thing as Friendship, or Friendship and Magic are just two equal names for Twilight's element. From some wiki trawling, I also know the Elements have similar counterparts in the Pillars' virtues, which corresponds Twilight's Magic to Star-Swirl's trait of Sorcery, and the latter doesn't seem to have any friendship-related connotations (but I haven't actually seen media he's in, so I might just have missed it).

Regarding the whole truth/Honest mini-debate, I do think truthfulness isn't the same as Honesty; the Fae from Dresden Files come to mind here, with their technical truths usually accompanied by the intent to decieve.

Right, I'm not sure if Mr Zoat just missed my message, or if he couldn't be arsed to go and check, in which case I can't really blame him, but just to be sure, I'' ask again.
Mr Zoat, what's the word count right now?

Also, and this is to the rest of the community as well, and somewhat off-topic, but what would be the best way to enclose images in my messages? Would uploading them to Google Drive and using a spoiler bracket to house them work? Would I need some other hosting site, because no one I've seen uses google drive on this site. (They're a lot of images, so I can't hyperlink them). I'm asking because I'm going to try to write a fanfic of my own.

Speaking of, I've decided to set it in Gotham, so where would it be best for me to look for advice on the lore? Both the city and the DC universe in general.

Right, I'm not sure if Mr Zoat just missed my message, or if he couldn't be arsed to go and check, in which case I can't really blame him, but just to be sure, I'' ask again.
Mr Zoat, what's the word count right now?
I didn't answer because how the heck would I know?
Also, and this is to the rest of the community as well, and somewhat off-topic, but what would be the best way to enclose images in my messages? Would uploading them to Google Drive and using a spoiler bracket to house them work? Would I need some other hosting site, because no one I've seen uses google drive on this site. (They're a lot of images, so I can't hyperlink them). I'm asking because I'm going to try to write a fanfic of my own.
I use ImgBB.

Could anyone tell me what exactly transpired here......?
heresy-heresy-everywhere-heresy-everywhere-48391079.png

Could anyone tell me what exactly transpired here......?
Sure thing.

Basically: the Elements of Harmony are empowered by/part of a magical tree known as the Tree of Harmony that's (as far as what's been explained) the source of Harmony magic (aka. Plot-Device/Deus-Ex-Machina magic) in Equestria. It let's its power be used by people who exemplify it's aspects (Generosity, Honesty, Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter, & Friendship/Magic). Notably the main cast of the show.

When Luna contacted Grayven in his dreams, the Tantabus (which is basically a dream-demon created by Luna to give herself nightmares in a fit of self-destructive guilt) fused with the shard of the Anti-Life Equation. The new entity (using the combined knowledge of Luna and Grayven) created twisted beings of Anti-Life who technically embody the aspects of Harmony, with the goal of corrupting the Tree of Harmony with the essence of the Anti-Life Equation, and thus corrupting the planet's thaumic field. But in order to do so, they need to be able to leave the realm of dreams, which they can if they become strong enough (like the Tantabus almost did in canon).

Someone let me know if I missed anything, or got something wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back