• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Isn't the obvious alternative that it was earth that was planar shifted, instead of the ships being stolen?

I see a lot of people speculating that Boss Smiley might be behind this. But he's not real. Or rather, we're as conclusive as can be that he was an illusion meant to brainwash Paul with targeted arguments as we can be without further proof.

I see a lot of people speculating that Boss Smiley might be behind this. But he's not real. Or rather, we're as conclusive as can be that he was an illusion meant to brainwash Paul with targeted arguments as we can be without further proof.
If he exists and is behind it, he'd be acting through someone who thought it was their idea. Such a situation is in practical terms identical to it actually being their idea.

Pretty sure Zoat said that he's real.

You can even check the TV Tropes pages where it says that he's a member of the Light.

He may have also shown up during that religious interview OL did as the guy wearing a smiley face on his clothes.

Also that angel confirmed he exists when Paul asked him.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that only I or another person called Zoat can do that?
Ooh. I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote this:

...wait. PDV asked why we called the latest Paul Tangseid instead of Evaul, but he seems to have deleted his post. Or my memory is fuzzy and I can't find it.

Plus, 'A Streetcar Named Desire' was originally a play.

The Reach has the technology to hide even from power rings.

That was a plot point in Blue Beetle, they had an entire fleet around Earth and only Jaime could notice it.

Which makes me wonder if the ships were less taken via teleportation, and more just disappeared by some high tech sleight of hand.

The Reach has the technology to hide even from power rings.

That was a plot point in Blue Beetle, they had an entire fleet around Earth and only Jaime could notice it.

Which makes me wonder if the ships were less taken via teleportation, and more just disappeared by some high tech sleight of hand.

Considering that hostilities between NEMO and the Reach may have already started it is possible for them to try to attack the Illustres, but I don't think that's the case here.

It is possible that it's an alien considering the name of the episode though

They showed that they could take some of his stuff from subspace when it wasn't closed, not that they would have any better scanning equipment than a thing made by a race of immortal super geniuses.
Again, you might want to go re-read the last couple times he visited there.

Kryptonians were advanced, but not as advanced as Maltusians.
Depends on the setting, most were more advanced then the Guardians.

Contrary to what Paul would like to believe the Guardians aren't that advanced, heck, Power Ring and Emotional Light technology isn't even their creation, it's something they copied from a dimension traveler.

A MotherBox that was made or FatheBox that was used by brilliant scientists, one of which is their inventor, is most likely going to be more advanced and knowledgeable than one used by a common warrior. As well as have more adavnced features added into it to make it useful for the scientist to perform certain experiments.
Again, Motherbox's are all the same.

That "scientist" uses his Mobius Chair for all the actual sciency stuff.

Again, you might want to go re-read the last couple times he visited there.

I did and nothing has changed my opinion that they have more advanced tech than he has, because he's wearing a Maltusian piece of advanced tech. Their tech is advanced, but not Maltusian level advanced.

Depends on the setting, most were more advanced then the Guardians.

In this setting they are more advanced than the Kryptonians. The only ones that may be as advanced as they are are the New Gods.

Contrary to what Paul would like to believe the Guardians aren't that advanced, heck, Power Ring and Emotional Light technology isn't even their creation, it's something they copied from a dimension traveler.

That was the canon for the n52 version of the Guardians.

Zoat doesn't like the n52 all that much and will most likely not include that factor into the Maltusians of Earth 16.

He may include it in some version of the Guardians if they travel to a parallel universe where they got their ring designs from Volthoom, but the Maltusians made the rings themselves in Earth 16.

Again, Motherbox's are all the same.

No they're not, as some may be more knowledgeable than others. Like the renegades, whose boxes used to belong to two scientists so they had more data in them, such as the things those scientists have invented and they were probably made to help those scientists in their work.

The renegade had both his Boxes help him with that Unity Bacteria he is making, or whatever it's called, so they are likely more geared toward scientific tasks.

That "scientist" uses his Mobius Chair for all the actual sciency stuff.

Metron was one of the two inventors of the Boxes. The other was a guy named Himon.

He's basically a rebel leader on Apokalips whose daughter, Bekka, married Orion.

After the renegade destroyed his FatherBox for giving info to Darkseid, he asked Scott to get him in touch with Himon, who made him a MotherBox in exchange for some materials he renegade could provide him with.

Himon probably uses MotherBoxes for his experiments due to their extreme usefulness.

Why did you put quote marks when you called Metron a scientist?

He is a fucking God of Knowledge, participated in the creation of the Boxes and who knows how many other advanced pieces of technology.

Just because he uses his chair for assistance that doesn't mean he isn't a scientist. It would be like saying that if someone had the help of a computer in their scientific experiments then that means they are not really a scientist.

You know, since this arc is called The Plutonian, I looked up Pluto on the DC wiki.

Turns out there are two species locked in eternal war there.

More importantly, I found this one line that precisely sums up how all of DC works:

"Not long after the end of the Second World War, the Roman God Pluto traveled from his home on planet Pluto, to kidnap a co-ed student from Holliday College."

You know, since this arc is called The Plutonian, I looked up Pluto on the DC wiki.

Turns out there are two species locked in eternal war there.

More importantly, I found this one line that precisely sums up how all of DC works:

"Not long after the end of the Second World War, the Roman God Pluto traveled from his home on planet Pluto, to kidnap a co-ed student from Holliday College."
I'm guessing that was from a Wonder Woman comic?

Considering the methods used in the Renegade side to magically teleport the kryptonian warship out of the ground on earth, we can assume that it would take a fair bit of both knowledge and power to produce similar results with the 'russian wessels' and the bargain barge up there. There are only so many folks in that weight class in DC.

Higher end Gods, I would assume, wouldn't care about covering their tracks, neither would the Heavenly Host, both tend to see themselves as the highest authorities and have power enough to not feel very threatened by generic superheros or interplanetary parties.

Next step down is lower tier magical beings, and upper tier wizard types. Lords of Order and Chaos could likely do it, as could some lower tier gods. Circe comes to mind for having both skill and power, but as shown from the renegade side even she would need a support network to pull that off. The Light could swing it with their support network, but there doesn't seem to be much of an angle, unless they're trying to trigger a xenophobia reaction from russia in a round about manner. The Queen of Fables is up in there in both power and skill, but was last seen still stuck in tartarus.

Phasing was ruled out by the scan, so that likely means it isn't the martians doing it conventionally hiding things, telepathic hiding it from everyone earth including ring users is Highly unlikely. The Martian Hyperclan wizard types could have worked something out, stealing warships from puny humans could give them something to use against the martian government, and a shapeshifter could easily gotten onboard.

The only other 'faction' we've encountered that comes to mind that could pull it off would be Darkseid's forces via Massive hush tubes....actually.

The Starro's that learned chaos magic got away. Could be they wanted a lift to go wake up the really BIG ones.

The demonic Genomorphs could have, but they were generally under Satanish, and he's still locked up last we heard, might have a new boss around.

And as a Distant, why the heck not guess......The Shade, going nuts from his mental house guest, who wasn't removed in the Paragon timeline. He'd have the power to make a fleet vanish in the darkness of space I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back