• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Maybe the sun is past it's natural lifespan and is set up to drain thaums from the planet to maintain itself?
That would make sense. If a magically mature but foolish society exists on earth as the sun reached the end of it's lifespan, they may have ritualistic inflicted it with a type of lichdom or vampirism to extend it, not thinking about the effect a star draining enough energy to sustain itself would have.

That would make sense. If a magically mature but foolish society exists on earth as the sun reached the end of it's lifespan, they may have ritualistic inflicted it with a type of lichdom or vampirism to extend it, not thinking about the effect a star draining enough energy to sustain itself would have.
...But why? A sun is useful because it emits energy. Why would anyone make the sun drain energy? Am I misunderstanding something?

Better question is why do the Sheeda even stay in their crummy, tapped out future with vampire sun leeching them of vitality or whatever? Even if they have some massive species wide cultural block on spaceships why not just relocate to distant past and dominate everyone with their OP fae magicks? They obviously have the means - if they didn't the Harrowing would be impossible. Go back a billion years and live like kings, if they aim right they'd even have dinosaurs as pets.

Maybe they are a race of masochists or maybe their elite wants them miserable in some Orwellian scheme.

Better question is why do the Sheeda even stay in their crummy, tapped out future with vampire sun leeching them of vitality or whatever? Even if they have some massive species wide cultural block on spaceships why not just relocate to distant past and dominate everyone with their OP fae magicks? They obviously have the means - if they didn't the Harrowing would be impossible. Go back a billion years and live like kings, if they aim right they'd even have dinosaurs as pets.

Maybe they are a race of masochists or maybe their elite wants them miserable in some Orwellian scheme.

The last two make the most sense.

Another two are that either they consider it some kind of cultural betrayal to leave their home, which people do in real life, even if leaving your home is a logical thing to do.

If the sun is sapient it may also somehow keep them from even getting the idea to just leave.

...But why? A sun is useful because it emits energy. Why would anyone make the sun drain energy? Am I misunderstanding something?
If someone tried to do something to the sun it may have been an accident that it ended up as a draining force, or it was probably a deliberate terrorist attack for some crazy reason.

If someone tried to do something to the sun it may have been an accident that it ended up as a draining force, or it was probably a deliberate terrorist attack for some crazy reason.

After who knows how many times of getting dumped in the sun by frustrated superheroes Vandal Savage ended up tainting it somehow. Yes, that's exactly what happened.

After who knows how many times of getting dumped in the sun by frustrated superheroes Vandal Savage ended up tainting it somehow. Yes, that's exactly what happened.

I know you're probably joking, but if I remember correctly Darkseid once died and tainted the Source, so this may not be the first time some villain has died and tainted the universe.

They might not be adapted to living long term in the past.

Melmoth managed it but he made himself immortal, and the hybrids are half human so they don't count. That might be why they are so fascinated with the alterations to the witchbreed...

Or perhaps they don't have the resources for a global migration.

Having the resources to send enough Sheeda to the past to conquer Camelot in 8000 BC doesn't mean they have enough resources to transport billions of Sheeda.

Having the resources to send enough Sheeda to the past to conquer Camelot in 8000 BC doesn't mean they have enough resources to transport billions of Sheeda.

What makes you think there are billions of Sheeda? Considering how resource strapped they are I'd be very surprised if their numbers count in millions let alone billions.

I still don't get the basic logic of the Sheeda. Ransacking your own ooast should make your present even worse.

How do they avoid getting wiped out by a paradox or two?

And the Vampire Sun that doesn't do anything sounds like fear i nducing propaganda.
Easy answer would be "time travel doesn't work like that", but that's probably incorrect. Looking at DC examples, it's more likely that some form of time cops paddle furiously in order to resolve paradoxes, or something. Thus keeping the sheeda future stable.... Or the sheeda future is separated from the timeline by a future Time Trapper.

Empty supersun. Solaris. Spell to keep sun from expanding into a red giant. Possible answers.

Hmm, would having tons of Bleed Torsion Generators to overfeed the vampire sun helps?

Hmm, would having tons of Bleed Torsion Generators to overfeed the vampire sun helps?
So they're being slowly killed by a vampire sun.
y1mRqXhiuAGH0MQ1rs3skOR_Ipe77oZfxSidFrj76qg.jpg

And your plan is to feed it more?

Assumes there is one.

Realistically however if there was one the Sheeda would have found it by now.

Or they wouldn't have, either because the sun may be controlling them and preventing them from finding a way to do it, or they lack the advanced tech to do solar engineering, even if they tried to make it.

Paul on the the other hand is allied with the Maltusians, one of the most advanced races in the universe.

Or they wouldn't have, either because the sun may be controlling them and preventing them from finding a way to do it, or they lack the advanced tech to do solar engineering, even if they tried to make it.
You seem to have forgotten just how advanced their technology is.

Paul on the the other hand is allied with the Maltusians, one of the most advanced races in the universe.
One of the most advanced races... A billion years ago...

You seem to have forgotten just how advanced their technology is

And you forgot that Sivana said their tech wasn't as advanced as it should be, or that just because someone has advanced tech, that doesn't mean they can do everything.

And if they have the tech, why didn't they fix their sun?

One of the most advanced races... A billion years ago...

So every race in the universe is now capable of making power rings?

So now every race has average members who are billion year old immortal super scientific omni disciplined geniuses?

So now every race is capable of going to war with the Reach and Apokalips and not get slaughtered?

Ancient China was one of the most advanced civilization 5000 years ago, and now it would be considered primitive if it existed in our modern world.

You cannot use the same comparison for the Maltusians and the rest of the universe.

It's like saying that modern Earth is more advanced than the Maltusians just because the Maltusians are from a billion years ago.

Last edited:
And you forgot that Sivana said their tech wasn't as advanced as it should be, or that just because someone has advanced tech, that doesn't mean they can do everything.
And this is where you admit you know nothing about the Sheeda.

And if they have the tech, why didn't they fix their sun?
Again, you are assuming a thing not in evidence.

IE, that the sun can be fixed.

So every race in the universe is now capable of making power rings?
Why would they when there's better tech out there?

So now every race has average members who are billion year old immortal super scientific omni disciplined geniuses?
Probably.

So now every race is capable of going to war with the Reach and Apokalips and not get slaughtered?
Both of those groups are dead.

Ancient China was one of the most advanced civilization 5000 years ago, and now it would be considered primitive if it existed in our modern world.

You cannot use the same comparison for the Maltusians and the rest of the universe.

It's like saying that modern Earth is more advanced than the Maltusians just because the Maltusians are from a billion years ago.
Sure I can, because we know Earth is since it was actually Earth that created power rings.

And this is where you admit you know nothing about the Sheeda.

And this is where you admit you are a pathetic individual who knows absolutely nothing.

IE, that the sun can be fixed.

IE, that you actually know things.

Why would they when there's better tech out there?

So every race has the tech that can allow them to communicate through light years, survive in the vacuum of space, heal injuries as severe as missing limbs, reignite suns, become immortal, teleport, and has all those capabilities cramped into a device the size of a ring?

Where are you getting your information from exactly?

Both of those groups are dead.

You remember that OL is preparing to go to war with the Reach and Apokalips is still very much a thing, right?

If you mean their versions from the Sheeda timeline then please provide proof with a link that states that both of these groups are dead in that timeline, and also a link that says both groups are dead in the version of the Sheeda future Zoat is writing.

Sure I can, because we know Earth is since it was actually Earth that created power rings.

Seeing as you've never read this story or the statements Zoat has left I feel like I should tell you that Zoat doesn't like the n52 and has only included a handful of elements from it, like seriously just a handful of things, like if I remember correctly there was a link showing Zatannas newest costume and it looked like her n52 version, a handful of Lanterns in paragons corps showed up in the n52 comics as members of other corpses, and one New God and one supervillain from the n52 showed up in this fic.

That is the sum total of things from the n52 Zoat has included in his story.

Based on Zoats dislike of the n52 I fell like it is a safe bet to say that the chances of him making it so that the whole Volthoom thing happens in his story are as likely to happen as George R.R. Martin finishing his damn book series before he dies.

"[Melmoth] is old in blood and bone, and led Harrowings before the Queen removed him from power. He would not have survived so long were he foolish or ignorant."

"'Is'? Do you share your colleagues' opinion that he's unlikely to be dead?"
Or it could be an instance of a more general problem with fighting time-travelers – even if their death is in your past, other segments of their life may yet be in your present and future.

So every race has the tech that can allow them to communicate through light years, survive in the vacuum of space, heal injuries as severe as missing limbs, reignite suns, become immortal, teleport, and has all those capabilities cramped into a device the size of a ring?
They can do that shit with things smaller then rings by the 64th century...

I still don't get the basic logic of the Sheeda. Ransacking your own ooast should make your present even worse.

How do they avoid getting wiped out by a paradox or two?

And the Vampire Sun that doesn't do anything sounds like fear i nducing propaganda.
I mean from what I get its basically they attack at the end of a civilization and they take everything that civilization had and basically become the mysterious cause of that civilizations collapse. Like I swear in the stories they are in they are blamed for like the bronze age collapse and shit like that.

They can do that shit with things smaller then rings by the 64th century...

Provide a link to the comics that proves this.

Provide a link that races in the present time have such tech.

Do the Sheeda have 64th century tech?

If so, provide a link to the comics proving this.

Would that tech even help against a power ring, seeing as Abra's tech was beaten by Paul, and he's from the 64th century?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back