• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"You know my deal with Nyssa. She keeps me alive, I kill Ras's al Ghul.
"You know my deal with Nyssa. She keeps me alive, I kill Ra's al Ghul.
...you dish out due to you own short-sighted programming...
...you dish out due to your own short-sighted programming...
Thank you, corrected.

Wow. If they ever get that volthoom ring off. He'd be a great Ion host.

That would be very interesting. I don't think that it is very likely that Anti-Green Lantern Paul will go on like this, he'll have to find a way to make the ring docile or break it. This story has yet to see a Green Lantern Paul and I don't think this version of Paul would do well with Fear.

I just recently finished rereading the story from start to now and I feel I have an even greater appreciation for this story. Keep up the good story Zoat!

[dice]19151[/dice]

It's not the Volthoom ring. You can tell because it's not constantly nattering inanities.
It's odd to me that this ring addresses its wearer like the baddies talk down to the humans in battlefield earth. Is 'slave-animal' from the comics?
Anti-Green rings were in one comic and were never used again. They never spoke. I don't even think their wielders ever spoke.

Anti-Green rings were in one comic and were never used again. They never spoke. I don't even think their wielders ever spoke.

which surprises me. i mean their is an African American Lantern, both adult and teen, and they HAVEN'T used them for a story?

in case anyone says its too hacky, I remind you Rise of Arsenal showed what Roy Harper thought his daughters last moments were before being killed in Cry for Justice.

Its the cycle of death and rebirth.

The Lazarus pit works as an infusion of raw elemental magic (this being why it sometimes revives people as pseudo elementals), combine that with his lack of a soul and the constant infusions of raw will by Kalmin's anti-green ring and Slave Paul is probably along the way to becoming a will pseudo elemental same as Alan.

So since gods are jumped up elementals.

So our Paul is a greed demi god.
Slave Paul will be a will demigod by the time the crisis happens.
Baul is probably becoming a minor hope demigod (probably not going to be as farther as the others).
Raul took a bath in the blood lake of Ysmaul so he is probably further than Baul into becoming a demi god of rage.
Indigo Paul (boyz) may have gotten a massive infusion of raw compassion when he got his, so he is either below Baul or on the same level as Raul.
Grayven is mainlining Grayven and the concept of conquest.

Timetrapper Paul IE China Paul is... Who knows wtf he has become.

So our Paul is a greed demi god.
Slave Paul will be a will demigod by the time the crisis happens.
Baul is probably becoming a minor hope demigod (probably not going to be as farther as the others).
Raul took a bath in the blood lake of Ysmaul so he is probably further than Baul into becoming a demi god of rage.
Indigo Paul (boyz) may have gotten a massive infusion of raw compassion when he got his, so he is either below Baul or on the same level as Raul.
Grayven is mainlining Grayven and the concept of conquest.

Timetrapper Paul IE China Paul is... Who knows wtf he has become.
Aside from the possible existences of Yaul and Vaul, there any other Pauls worth talking about?

"The person who's making Lazarus Pits for you. They're the one who wants Ra's dead."
Mr Zoat, I just realised. Aren't Lazarus Pits supposed to have limited use?
According to these:
"What makes you think they haven't? The world is vast, Orange Lantern. Even today. If a chemist or medicine man happened upon the technique, it might extend their life once or twice. But then the geomantic energy would be depleted, and their next attempt to use it would fail."

I nod slowly. "And anyone who read their notes would assume that it was bunk, because it killed them in the end."

"For centuries, Father had to live as a nomad, wandering the world constantly in search of places where he could be restored. You know his name because he did survive, but there were any number of occasions where he could have met his true death with no one around to restore him."

"Is.. that what you do?"

"No." She blinks, and shakes her head. "When I left my father's service, I used what I had learned of alchemy and chemistry to modify the Pit I made at the node he so generously permitted me to have. The version I created uses a slightly different mixture of chemicals. It takes little power from the node, and as a result it can be used repeatedly."

"So… Why is death still a thing?"

"It is not powerful enough to restore the dead to life. It can be made so, but then it would be drained and I would have to copy Father's nomadic habits."
"More than twenty nine. I do not know them all, but based on those locations I do know I would estimate a little over a hundred. Which is why death is 'still a thing'. The sites do restore themselves after they are used, but far too slowly to grant more then a small number of people immortality."
in the YJ universe Lazarus pits can bring one person back from the dead maybe twice before it is depleted and need to recharge.
And then it would take some time before it recharges. And there are only about a hundred of them.:eek:

Do they work differently here than in the main YJ story?
How long is the recharge time?

Because if the recharge time is more than the overall amount of Lazarus Pits on this earth Paul is about to run out of lives:(

Aside from the possible existences of Yaul and Vaul, there any other Pauls worth talking about?
Black Lantern Paul in the Buffy-verse.

Also, Superman brings flung far into the future? Sounds like this is how AGL Paul gets involved withTime Trapper Paul. Either that, or we meet Future!OLPaul again.

Ooh, Will in full swing...

Superman's… Dead. And not from an assault from Doomsday or Luthor finally getting lucky. From some sort of energy weapon built into the chassis of a robot built by the local Toyman.
Wow, a major divergence!

"Did you know that he talked STAR Labs into working on my ring problem? After your sidekicks tracked Nyssa and I down, he used the opportunity to reach out to me. To try and.. find a way to free me. That's not something the rest of you would have done. And I… Appreciated it."
Take that, Righteous Face-punchers.

I look-. Ah. I wave back.
Cue double-takes from the more inattentive Leaguers.

"No one I killed wasn't a serial killer themselves. Lantern Stewart killed while a marine and I'm confident that Ms Hol killed as a Wingman. Is there a moral distinction, or are you merely criticising me because I was very good at it?"
Nice comeback...

"You permit me to tag along when my assistance is required. I recharge by sparring with Lantern Stewart, or with such other Green Lanterns as want to learn how to fight Anti-Green Lanterns. Master gains data by fighting people you need fought. I comply with League rules of engagement for the duration of our working relationship."
Oh, my. Talk about working around the rules.

"You know my deal with Nyssa. She keeps me alive, I kill Ras's al Ghul.
"You know my deal with Nyssa. She keeps me alive, I kill Ra's al Ghul.

The slave-animal will explain itself.
The Master can shove it where the Source don't shine.

...you dish out due to you own short-sighted programming...
...you dish out due to your own short-sighted programming...

"It looks like I do now! You know full well that if you increase my punishment level I won't be able to f-function! Kill me and fly off? Great, I'll be up and about again in three days maximum, and there's a Green Lantern right there to hunt you down before you can reach a new wearer! I'm doing this, ring!"
Gotcha, ring-bot.

"I'm not going to rush into the middle and tell them to 'come at me', Flash. But civilians are dying now, and if I die? All you have to do is make sure that Nyssa gets the body."
Heroic to the last.

"Okay, but if the police can't stop the supervillains who are already there… Why do you think they'll be able to stop me?"
Most Powerful Weapon in the universe. And In this case, totally accurate.

Oh, man, if we'd been reading this fic all this time, this would be the pinnacle of awesome moments...

not really, he's just temporally displaced somewhere between 50 and a few thousand years into the future, if i remember this episode right- the one where Savage accidentally genocided humanity, spent millennia completely isolated, and eventually went sane, right?

also, whoever programmed that ring (in Cannon/ setting) was a moron, cause it's AI is worse >.<

surrrre, design a device intended to run off (and that tends to leak it into its wearer/align them towards) pure willpower to constantly antagonise and torture them. there's no way that they'll never build up a resistance whilst constantly being pumped full of elemental willpower every moment they exist!

Last edited:
surrrre, design a device intended to run off (and that tends to leak it into its wearer/align them towards pure willpower) to constantly antagonise and torture them. there's no way that they'll never build up a resistance whilst constantly being pumped full of elemental willpower every moment they exist!

It's normally not a problem. Users of Anti-Green rings die after 24 hours. He gets back up thanks to the Lazarus Pit, which for some reason causes the ring to return to him. Add in the possibility of repeated exposure to both the pit and ring making him something akin to what Alan was, and he'll eventually be able to overcome the ring. Resurrecting user who gets more powerful every rebirth was probably something the ring's creator didn't take into account when making the ring's AI.

Also, Superman brings flung far into the future? Sounds like this is how AGL Paul gets involved withTime Trapper Paul. Either that, or we meet Future!OLPaul again.

Maybe we'll see him recruit AGL Paul as well as other versions of Paul who got a raw deal, unlike Paragon!OL and Renegade!OL.

Yeah, it's basically me and the book version of Percy Jackson who aren't slandering him.

I mean, TBF, PJO Hades isn't exactly a nice guy from the human's perspective due to his Godhood making him, along with all the other gods, see Humans as much lesser beings, it's just that he's not actively a dick about it.

Also, I would totally read Black Lantern in BTVS. Like, if you put up a Patreon goal for it or something, I would probably become a Patreon supporter for it, because that sounds awesome.

I mean, TBF, PJO Hades isn't exactly a nice guy from the human's perspective due to his Godhood making him, along with all the other gods, see Humans as much lesser beings, it's just that he's not actively a dick about it.

Also, I would totally read Black Lantern in BTVS. Like, if you put up a Patreon goal for it or something, I would probably become a Patreon supporter for it, because that sounds awesome.
It wouldn't be that interesting. Unless he'd refuelled recently the SI's nature means that he completely lacks animating passions. It would be a long time before he gained any sort of equilibrium. And then I'd have to use [turns aside and spits] Buffy comic power levels in order for a functional Black Lantern to not own everyone.

It wouldn't be that interesting. Unless he'd refuelled recently the SI's nature means that he completely lacks animating passions. It would be a long time before he gained any sort of equilibrium. And then I'd have to use [turns aside and spits] Buffy comic power levels in order for a functional Black Lantern to not own everyone.

I dunno, a story about the universe passing him by, possibly mainly focused on watching the butterflies he stomps on, would be pretty interesting, although I guess a lot of the time the perspective would have to be not!Paul for it to work.

On an unrelated note you could have Yaul be part of the Live Action Doom Patrol universe.

Nobody doesn't like him because he's "Ruining the narrative."

Also he saves Dolores from the Bureau's failsafe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back