• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

After what they did with Blaze, I think they could figure out a way to make Demon Supergirl stop being a demon. I'm not sure if they have any of the Fruit left, though.

"Dana opened the-. The crate of kryptonite."

I could probably catch her.
The fuck?

1) They were cataloguing the place. On Paul's orders, so he could persecute Truggs. And unlike the kryptonians Dana cannot see through solid objects. Unlike Kara she didn't know what the crate contained until she opened it.
2) Paul is the one always going on about kryptonians wearing radiation shields. He even noted that the one Kara should have been wearing would have protected her if the black kryptonite wasn't inside the shield due to her holding it in her hand.

Kara decided to pick up the glowing black rock sitting next to the glowing green rocks. This screw up is very much on her head.

The fuck?

1) They were cataloguing the place. On Paul's orders, so he could persecute Truggs. And unlike the kryptonians Dana cannot see through solid objects. Unlike Kara she didn't know what the crate contained until she opened it.
2) Paul is the one always going on about kryptonians wearing radiation shields. He even noted that the one Kara should have been wearing would have protected her if the black kryptonite wasn't inside the shield due to her holding it in her hand.

Kara decided to pick up the glowing black rock sitting next to the glowing green rocks. This screw up is very much on her head.

I still think that there's something weird about that.

Kara should have known that her shield would not have protected her if she touched it, so this could either have been something compelling her to touch it, or maybe Dana gave it to her.

Maybe not in a malicious manner, but maybe she didn't know the shield would not protect her from physical contact.

Or maybe Kara did not know that it was kryptonite, given that it's not green, red or gold, and just thought that Truggs had other materials down there instead of just kryptonite.

As for why she wouldn't know about black kryptonite, well for one reason we have to remember that aside from that one piece Paul found near the remains of Krypton, there wasn't anything else, so it wouldn't come to mind that a glowing black rock is a version of kryptonite, compared to say if it was green, red or gold, and for another reason we have to remember that kryptonite is something that came about from her planet exploding and she may not want to remember that too much.

He and Jade are not really working out anyway.

Cause you know not being honest, age difference and different mentality and preferences.
I don't remember when it happened, but Paul's already told Jade his real age, as well as the fact that they're all comic book characters in his universe.

At this point, I suspect that Paul was fed some sort of magical compulsion to ignore the problem through his tattoos.
No, he did try to contact Constantine at the start of this. But he was very explicitly told by Constantine not to come looking for him, and he is very aware of how dangerous it is to ignore John's warnings.

Note that he's just agreed that he should start looking for him from now on.

Another possible correction for an old post:
Plates on the surface of Brain's chassis more aside and armatures extend outward.
Shouldn't that be "move"?

Cause you know not being honest, age difference and different mentality and preferences.

Jade already knows that he's thirty and he also told her about the whole comic book thing, or at least implied it.

Also while he does have a different mentality compared to humans that doesn't mean any of the other women, or men, in his life would be a good match.

Most of them, even the alien ones, have a generally human like mindset, while Paul doesn't have that.

And even if some of them have a different mindset compared to Paul, that doesn't mean that their mindset would be a good match with Paul's.

And yeah he and Jade may have different preferences, most people do, even couples.

And as for the age thing and the comic book thing, well, he's doing the same to all the other women.

None of the other women know about the comic book thing and they're all more or less younger than him.

The ones that are older than him or around the same age are either in relationships or are not interested in starting one.

In the style of thinking that Paul would most likely subscribe to, pinning the defence of the Earth onto a single antisocial lich is not a good strategy. Even if the Earth has to undergo some "growing pains" while it develops a more thorough arcane defense, in the end, the results would be better for it. Of course, the Nabu situation could have been handled much better. From a perspective of logic and benefits, Paul's actions were a mistake. But Paul doesn't truly care about any of that. He lives life according to his desires, and it just so happens that, on most occasions, Paul wants the path that leads to the greatest benefits for all. Just not when it comes to Nabu.

I find it funny how insistent Paragon is on calling Nabu a Lich given his utter distaste for inaccurate terms such as dimensional transporter. Or even quibbling on calling Nazis Nazis.

Nabu isnt a lich. Lich literally refers comes from a word for corpses. It is uses to refer to intelligent zombie-wizards. Putting your mind in an artiface isnt a zombie.

He clearly chose that word to further justify his crusade to murder Nabu.

I find it funny how insistent Paragon is on calling Nabu a Lich given his utter distaste for inaccurate terms such as dimensional transporter. Or even quibbling on calling Nazis Nazis.

Nabu isnt a lich. Lich literally refers comes from a word for corpses. It is uses to refer to intelligent zombie-wizards. Putting your mind in an artiface isnt a zombie.

Putting your soul in a phylactery is a lich.

Oh gosh no. I'd slow down and actually plan things properly. Output would be about the same but the quality would go up.
Have you considered a Patreon? With how popular this fic is you might be able to live off it -- and even if not, I'm sure there're people who would like to show their appreciation. Especially if you did more Eros stuff.

Jade already knows that he's thirty and he also told her about the whole comic book thing, or at least implied it.

Also while he does have a different mentality compared to humans that doesn't mean any of the other women, or men, in his life would be a good match.

Most of them, even the alien ones, have a generally human like mindset, while Paul doesn't have that.

And even if some of them have a different mindset compared to Paul, that doesn't mean that their mindset would be a good match with Paul's.

And yeah he and Jade may have different preferences, most people do, even couples.

And as for the age thing and the comic book thing, well, he's doing the same to all the other women.

None of the other women know about the comic book thing and they're all more or less younger than him.

The ones that are older than him or around the same age are either in relationships or are not interested in starting one.
I'd say that the closest person to Paul in terms of mentality is Xor. But he's likely both taken and not interested.

Putting your soul in a phylactery is a lich.

And Paul may not have much of a hatred for liches, provided that they don't posses people they shouldn't.

He mostly hated Nabu for what he did to Zatanna.

I think he would have been okay with him being put on one of the wizards from the Roanoke incident.

Mandated Paul did not seem to hate him, since the Nabu of his universe used willing hosts and rotated them.

He did find the method creepy and considered Nabu abrasive, but there was no real hatred.

So I think as long as Nabu didn't hurt people Paul cared about, or people who didn't deserve it, then Paul would be okay with him, no matter if he was a lich or not.

The same would probably apply to other liches.

Don't hurt people you shouldn't and he's fine with you.

I'd say that the closest person to Paul in terms of mentality is Xor. But he's likely both taken and not interested.

He does have a girlfriend and has not shown any signs if being sexually or romantically interested in men, or humans.

And Paul may not have much of a hatred for liches, provided that they don't posses people they shouldn't.

He mostly hated Nabu for what he did to Zatanna.

I think he would have been okay with him being put on one of the wizards from the Roanoke incident.

Mandated Paul did not seem to hate him, since the Nabu of his universe used willing hosts and rotated them.

He did find the method creepy and considered Nabu abrasive, but there was no real hatred.

So I think as long as Nabu didn't hurt people Paul cared about, or people who didn't deserve it, then Paul would be okay with him, no matter if he was a lich or not.

The same would probably apply to other liches.

Don't hurt people you shouldn't and he's fine with you.

He does have a girlfriend and has not shown any signs if being sexually or romantically interested in men, or humans.
Yes he has. Harm and Kon.

You are literally the last person who should be giving that Kara hugs given the psychological circumstances...
He has a supergirl kink and is Orange, whaddya expect? I mean, it's a touch gross, if he's not going to put out (and he's not, while monogamous). Even if it's not exactly leading her on, it's certainly flirting with the concept.

He has a supergirl kink and is Orange, whaddya expect? I mean, it's a touch gross, if he's not going to put out (and he's not, while monogamous). Even if it's not exactly leading her on, it's certainly flirting with the concept.
Kara is an emotionally distressed teenager who thinks that there is something wrong with herself, and with next to no one to turn to for help. Superman, and most of the other justice league members, aren't very well known for their ability to help others work through emotional trauma, except for maybe Wonder Woman. I forget what Kara's relationship was with the various members of the team, but even if she was close to them, none of them, outside maybe Zatanna, would have the ability to offer her any real help, not to mention that they're all teenagers with their own problems to deal with.

It's not wrong for Paul to offer help in this situation, and a hug is definitely not going to make it any worse. It would be wrong if this was the end of Paul's assistance, or if Paul failed to help Kara develop her own support group from this point on, but a hug isn't any sort of major misstep.

Last edited:
Like has been mention in thread at various places, she comes from Superman #666.

Basically, the plot such as it is, a small demon called Rakkar from Krypton managed to cling onto Clark's pod as it escape the destruction of both the planet and its Hell.

The lords of hell(nebulous as they were in this story) gave Rakkar extra power because as a Kryptonian Demon, he had a better chance of corrupting Superman than anyone else. He placed Superman in a corrupting dream thingy where he'd let out all of his normally pent up negative feeling or some shit like that. Anyway, Superman killed his enemies in the dream and a whole bunch of other people and eventually made his way into Hell.

Rakkar showed up and spilled the beans and then turned Superman into the Beast of the Apocalypse. Except not, because the League cottoned on basically immediately due to Rakkar being as subtle as a trainwreck. So they created a false outer soul for him to corrupt while Superman himself was just fine and uncorrupted in Hell.

Then Superman threatened to smash Hell to bits and pieces, the Lords showed up and said he could do that, but they'd make him regret it. Then they squished Rakkar as a peace offering and Superman woke up.

Demon Supergirl showed up in like, two panels along with Demon Batman, Wonder Woman, and Hal Jordan as like, an image spot?

Best part of that whole story was Clark's attitude during the dream bullshit. "Yeah, I know this is a dream. I also know this is supposed to be me falling to my darker impulses or some shit, so let's skip the melodrama and get to it."

Anyway, this is from a world where the League didn't see Rakkar coming from multiple lightyears away.
I hate it when I forget that I already asked something.

The Kara formerly known as Demon Supergirl sits in the corner of her room, legs pulled up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. Her torso is… Bobbing back and forth slightly, eyes staring vacantly ahead and her lips…

"Any idea what she's saying?"

Ambrose nods. "Mark. Mark. The mark, his mark. Things like that."

The light inside the room is red. I don't want to constantly expose her to gold kryptonite but obviously we can't risk her regaining her strength.

"Any idea what happened to her?"

He shrugs. "Some. She wasn't possessed. She just comes from somewhere where there's so much demonic magic everywhere that it metastasized. Must be literal hell on Earth."

"Earth?"

He frowns for a moment, then nods.

"Never been to Krypton, but I know what Earth demons feel like. And that's what it feels like."

"'Feels'? She's still..?"

"What, you thought Noriel was capable of subtlety? It's sunk in. No part of her body or soul isn't marinated in it. Noriel just burned off the worst of it."

"Anything left that isn't made of demonic magic?"

"Pff, maybe." He shrugs. "I'll do what I can, but I can't see any kind of quick fix here. And that's before we even get to the psychological damage. If she started off a nice girl like the other Kara's and then got exposed to an Earth consumed by Hell, I hate to think about the things she's seen. And…"

He glances into the cell.

"Probably done."
If this is a long-term challenge that might require a research project to fix it might be sensible to bring in Angelica and father Mattias. Angelica is likely to have personal insight and the church might have records or case studies of similar 'filled-with-demon-magic-until-it-metastasized' incidents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back