• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

That was easily the gayest this fic has ever gotten.

Not tempted to spent a little time "wrestling" yourself, Paul? :D

So that time Paul and Kon were naked in the showers and Paul was trying not to look at Kon doesn't count?

Kratos idea of strength seems to be total self-sufficiency, pretty shortsighted. Paul is all about being-greater-than-the-sum-of-it's-parts so I'm surpried he even tried to convince Kratos. I don't think he would make a good war god

He probably didn't know a lot about Kratos' character before this and Heph asked him to.

I saw it more as the strength to want to improve. Paul does this, but most people are fine with the status quo and not doing anything to make things better for themselves.

He did basically call most people sheep, so it makes sense.

Don't tell me Paul is going to become a substitute war god. With the conflict with the reach, possible future human or metahuman converts Paul could put them through training subcontract some trainers/ Artemis's paternal familial ties as well as the amazons. Offer them an enhancement and an opportunity to fight for humanity either on earth or in the stars.
Of course not… My vote is for Pan. A war god who is a shepherd of men, primarily interest in defense? Perhaps utilizing on automated (drone) defenses against interlopers? Yes please.

I saw it more as the strength to want to improve. Paul does this, but most people are fine with the status quo and not doing anything to make things better for themselves.
But LePaul, back when he actually worked to improve himself, did it by cheating.

And Kratos didn't like cheaters.

Oh? Interesting. Spells to amplify the benefits of working out, or to heal up the bad kind of physical damage?

Maybe to quickly deal with fatigue so that they can get back to working out.

...I suppose they're not your type, but for some, this might well be a candy-shop. x3

It would be like Satan and parks.

Well... I suppose he is out in the world and active, as Hephaestaean decreed, even if it's only on a small scale.

Maybe he can start up an exercise app like the demonic rulers in Hazbin Hotel/ Helluva Boss do.

Satan has a workout app there.

Or maybe he can make an exercise show like those from the 80s.

Though hopefully nothing too dark happens.

...Well, there goes the idea of seduction. :p

Hey, Paul still hasn't tried it.

Funnily, I had images of this scene running through my head this whole chapter

And I'm imagining this as being a way that they worship Kratos.

Nothing shows their devotion better than manipulating their bodies in disgusting ways.

Kratos is against steroids but is ok using magic to make his worshippers stronger? How does that fit into his philosophy one guy was even strong enough to one-hand curl weight most people normally bench-press?

Kratos is against steroids but is ok using magic to make his worshippers stronger? How does that fit into his philosophy one guy was even strong enough to one-hand curl weight most people normally bench-press?
Because steroids are harmful and mess up your body something fierce, in contrast to his magic? And taking steroids is completely antithetical to the goal of bettering yourself, as they only boost your performance temporarily at the risk of long term issues.

So the feeling I got here is that Kratos respects Paul on how he tries to motivate people seize their desires and improve themselves, but the Philosophical disconnect is that Paul believes everyone has the potential to reach out and seize their desires while Kratos thinks that the strength of will to seek that level of self improvement is not something intrinsic to all people but a rare trait to treasure and nurture when found.

Don't tell me Paul is going to become a substitute war god. With the conflict with the reach, possible future human or metahuman converts Paul could put them through training subcontract some trainers/ Artemis's paternal familial ties as well as the amazons. Offer them an enhancement and an opportunity to fight for humanity either on earth or in the stars.
While Paul is capable of the necessary bloodshed, he doesn't seem to prefer it.

He's more Ruthless than Brutal.

I realize calling this Kratos a giga-Chad or a gym bro is convenient shorthand, but I'd like to think about his attitude for a moment. I reckon folks like both Armstrongs in FMA and a lot of hunters could find common ground with Kratos' core traits. Who else? Real or fictional.
I like this guy, I'd like to hear about more characters like him. His dismissiveness towards organized warfare in particular I can only compare to warrior-philosophers who become monks.
Honestly, Goku. Goku was always more motivated to get stronger and fight stronger opponents to prove (and improve) himself, rather than, say, Vegeta's eventual focus on getting stronger *to prove he was stronger than Kakarot.* Internal focus rather than external focus. For a villainous take, maybe younger Toguro, from Yu Yu Hakusho? Actually I feel like this isn't too uncommon a mindset in manga and anime...

I realize calling this Kratos a giga-Chad or a gym bro is convenient shorthand, but I'd like to think about his attitude for a moment. I reckon folks like both Armstrongs in FMA and a lot of hunters could find common ground with Kratos' core traits. Who else? Real or fictional.
I like this guy, I'd like to hear about more characters like him. His dismissiveness towards organized warfare in particular I can only compare to warrior-philosophers who become monks.
Kenpachi Zaraki and Might Guy could be good fits. Though Kenpachi might piss him off with the intentional self sabotage in hopes of a challenge, Guy is hyper focused on continuous self improvement.

Well a lot of other gods are "out of work" so may be having a jog fair is the way to go.

Kratos is against steroids but is ok using magic to make his worshippers stronger?
I would guess because the magic has to be the users OWN magic. They are both improving their physical capabilities, and their magical capabilities in a synergistic method.

Compare that to purchasing random junk and shooting it into your viens. One is improvement by an outside manufacturing process and is depend on others to supply.

The other is just skills of the self.

I can see the importance of having a God of Warfare, given how conflict and emotions associated with it are a pretty fundamental part of the human condition. But it's not like Hephaestean wants to sponsor wars or conflicts as far as I can tell. If major war could be eliminated from Earth-16, that seems like something he'd want (and Paragon too). Unless the new God of War would just ensure all their worshippers would be battle-ready in the face of external threats and invasions like a possible repeat of the Sheeda, and not go around to actual war-torn places encouraging warfare (I'm assuming that's what Ares did in his spare time?). Now if Paragon gets a bunch of Olympian-empowered warriors to help in the interstellar war against the Reach, that would be cool. I'd also be thinking about Astarte, but I've already talked about her- though it would be poetic if the new Hellenic war god or their representative defeated her and took over the Citizenry. Is Enyo around to do it?

Not sure how syncretic the new Olympian regime is willing to be, but hell, maybe Canis could do it. Would bring a bit of a new meaning to 'Art of War'. Though I suppose he wouldn't swear allegiance to Olympus since he's loyal to Darkseid. Barda could be interesting if she's compatible. Or Sekhmet is finally persuaded by Athena (I believe?) and joins up in a divine merger or dual citizenship kind of deal.

Is there going to be a temporary God of the Sky to take over Zeus's duties, or is that unnecessary? Will Hephaestean just completely automate the role with Kordtech weather-control drones? Though I guess Aeolus and the Anemoi could cover a fair number of the aspects.

Honestly, as a way to somewhat flip the table, Plutous (I hope I am remembering the name right), as an active merchant god could fill the role of the War god. Modern warfare is industrial warfare, meaning it's economic warfare. Meaning that aggression is also aggressive negotiation.

Plus, it's a nice counter / mirror to the Reach, who position themselves as traders, as I understand it.

Not sure how syncretic the new Olympian regime is willing to be, but hell, maybe Canis could do it. Would bring a bit of a new meaning to 'Art of War'. Though I suppose he wouldn't swear allegiance to Olympus since he's loyal to Darkseid. Barda could be interesting if she's compatible. Or Sekhmet is finally persuaded by Athena (I believe?) and joins up in a divine merger or dual citizenship kind of deal.

Speaking of "a divine merger or dual citizenship kind of deal" if I were the Shinto Patheon i'd try to sign up the child of Hermes and Aphrodite as that would be mutually beneficial relationship. The Shinto Pantheon get something new to attract growing demographic and they get access to a lot more followers.

Well could always give the god of war job to peacemaker.

"Heh. Hephaestus had cause. But I don't want the job. War is slaughter. Any weak idiot can pull a trigger. That's not me. Doing what you're told is not strength."

"Then change it yourself. Hephaestaean would be-."

"Change it yourself if you think it's so great. What do you think is going to happen?"

"So want don't want to run around beating up idiots and yelling that you're the god of war?"

"Why does everyone bring up those damn games?"

"You have shown respect by making this offer." He shakes his head. "But I will not ever accept it. Hephaestaean should just form his own cult without any other Olympians. After all this time, we are all used to working apart."
With Blackjack and Hookers!

"He Divorced the Hooker."

"HA!"

Honestly, if she didn't blow herself up over the course of a Sandman plotline, offering Ishtar the position of the war goddess might not be a bad idea. She might even make a good dynastic match to tie pantheons together. If looking exclusively within the Grecian mythos, ascending Odysseus is probably one's best bet. "All warfare is based on deception" and all that, and Odysseus, as the author of the trojan horse idea, is the mythological epitome of the deceptive warfare, small unit tactics and essentially modern "spec ops" combat. And he's about limited warfare, so that's good too. And he's on good terms with Athena.
Sekhmet might be a good fit too if the egyptian gods are around

Sekhmet might be a good fit too if the egyptian gods are around

Zoat-

"It is from Sekhmet." Huh? "She tells me that while she appreciates the consideration, she simply isn't interested in Athena in that way." Shiiit. He frowns and glances at me again. "Athena is one of Princess Diana's gods, is she not? What is Sekhmet talking about?"

Yes she's around, and not interested in dating Athena. This isn't the first time replacing Ares with someone the other Olympians might like better has come up in this story.

Paul thought they might get a foreign god to marry into the family.

Did Paragon reconnect Constantine's nephew with the rest of his family? I think that he should have run the blood test by now.

Did Paragon reconnect Constantine's nephew with the rest of his family? I think that he should have run the blood test by now.

I honestly hope he doesn't help him get involved with the rest of his family, seeing as it basically cost him his family in the comics.

Speaking if the comics, I asked this question in the superhero thread but didn't get much of a response, but what did the ending of Hellblazer mean exactly?

After Gemma tried to shoot him, John just disappeared and we later saw what appeared to be an older version of him in a bar.

Some of the people that left comments on the site I read the comic book said that it may signify that he lost his demon blood and that his story is basically over so he's now just an old man in a bar.

One person even said that he may have been telling his story in the bar and that the previous issues may not have been true.

What are your thoughts?

And that's a close analogy, but it's more like he flooded the area with poison.

As a point, even just LePaul's regular, confirmed by Hinon, leakage of unchecked raw desire, should have been enough to contaminate the shrine's purity to the point the priests would have needed to pull an emergency Sengu.
The orange light isn't some metaphysical toxin. It's a fundamental part of life. It wasn't poison, just... maybe a better analogy is dirt? Hundreds of people passing through would ALSO pollute the space with orange light (and other lights, too). I have no doubt that the shrine needs purified now, but it's clearly not the catastrophic emergency you're making it out to be. There's a reason that purification rituals exist.

Video doesn't work in the US.

The problem isn't that steroids are cheating. The problem is that steroids are a sign that you don't understand strength. The magic flows from a deep, spiritual connection to strength, allowing you to surpass what would normally be your human limits as you continue to push yourself. If you're using steroids to build muscle, then you just want the results and you don't want to put in the work to get there.

Fun new thing from Young Justice.

Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series take place in the same Earth.

The orange light isn't some metaphysical toxin. It's a fundamental part of life. It wasn't poison, just... maybe a better analogy is dirt? Hundreds of people passing through would ALSO pollute the space with orange light (and other lights, too). I have no doubt that the shrine needs purified now, but it's clearly not the catastrophic emergency you're making it out to be. There's a reason that purification rituals exist.
It's a fundamental part of life when it's balanced by other emotions.

But on it's own it's very much a metaphysical toxin, especially among eastern systems of metaphysics.

Last edited:
Fun new thing from Young Justice.

Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series take place in the same Earth.

It's a fundamental part of life when it's balanced by other emotions.

But on it's own it's very much a metaphysical toxin, especially among eastern systems of metaphysics.
More like canon adjacent. Justice League action had Aya show up but it's very much not the same Earth as YJ and the GL animated series.

Zoat-

"It is from Sekhmet." Huh? "She tells me that while she appreciates the consideration, she simply isn't interested in Athena in that way." Shiiit. He frowns and glances at me again. "Athena is one of Princess Diana's gods, is she not? What is Sekhmet talking about?"

Yes she's around, and not interested in dating Athena. This isn't the first time replacing Ares with someone the other Olympians might like better has come up in this story.

Paul thought they might get a foreign god to marry into the family.
I don't see why marrying in would have to be the way in. The part she objected to was marrying athena after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back