• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

13th February 2013
17:59 GMT -5

"Even amongst your kind, cannibalism isn't common."

The illusion of Doctor Ub'x leans around the knife floating just in front of his face, the berrith who reflexively threw it growing at him in response.
Nothing like catching a thrown knife without moving a finger to establish that no, that isn't a threat to you. Pity some folks are too dumb to take the hint and back down. Like this young berrith, it seems.

"But I can see the blood of at least five other berrith on that blade."

"I have no alpha."
No-one you would care to acknowledge as one, you mean.

"You recognise that's not right, don't you? That's not how normal members of your species think."

"If I have no alpha, I must be the alpha. The ones I killed didn't understand that. You don't understand that."
Yeah, that isn't how it works, puppy. Got an ego on him, doesn't he?

Ub'x smiles faintly. "The way you're staring at my neck is a bit of a clue. You don't know who I am, do you?"

"I can't smell you, and all h'lvenites look the same."
Joy of the environmental shield. And don't be racist, puppy.

The berrith lunges, snatching his knife out of Ub'x's construct-grip and snapping his jaws shut just short of Ub'x's face.

Ub'x doesn't react.
Well, the Doctor is confident in his defenses. Warranted, given how strong they can be...

"I am Doctor Ub'x, and-."

"The mad doctor. I've heard of you." The berrith actually looks a little… Pleased? Excited? "Get me off this planet and I'll kill anyone you want."
Oh? Awful helpful all of a sudden.

Ub'x raises his eyebrows. "You want to work for me?"

"You aren't my alpha. But I'm not a feral beast. I can trade."
I suppose that works as a psychological dodge. 'Aw, he isn't better than me. But he's tough enough to be an equal.'

"It's not that you're not a beast; it's that you're constitutionally incapable of accepting anyone in a position of authority over you. It's your brain, lad. To put it simply, you're missing something almost all berrith have. And most of those that don't have it don't live as long as you have."

"What?"
I would assume such deficient mutants get themselves killed in suicidally overconfident challenges of authority...

"I wasn't accusing you of being prideful. You literally can't experience what other berrith experience when they acknowledge someone as their alpha. The part of the brain that does it? You don't have it."

"That's why they…" The berrith backs off a little as he takes that information on board. "Then I will have to dominate. It is the only way that I will survive."
Oh, he's smart, isn't he? Not sure if the math works out that way. But he sure seems to think so...

"No." Ub'x reaching into his coat and pulls out an indigo ring. "There is another way."

The image freezes, and I glance sideways to notice that Dreamer has perked up a little. She's… Sweating, though, and trembling as if she's undertaking strenuous physical activity. Though that could be purely psychosomatic.
Given she's fighting her own lack of self-confidence, it's not surprising it's tiring. Doing something unfamiliar can be exhausting.

"I remember that day." Huyen stares mournfully at the illusion. "He was polite to people. Usually, it was all he could do to avoid biting them."

"Did you see his power ring?"
So, the Ring was pumping him full of Compassion, then. Because that's a hell of a mental reversal otherwise.

"No." Huyen shakes his head. "He didn't tell me that he had one. I didn't ask why he was behaving differently because." He tilts his neck and I see the gaps in his fur where the skin underneath is scarred. "When we fought he never stopped until he won. I just thought that he… Mpf."

So Ub'x recruited him because he couldn't function in berrith society? Because he thought that the indigo light could substitute for the pack instinct he didn't have? He'd killed and eaten people, but for a berrith or a Lantern that isn't that big a deal. Berrith accept fighting for dominance, and there was a clear biological reason why he wasn't fitting in with the rest.
Or the surfeit of Compassion simply overwhelmed his unnatural instincts and pushed him much farther the other way.

Wait, did they fight h'lvenites because they're small, and so they categorise them as terminally omega?

Vykin looks relieved. "Dreamer, can you use this to locate him?"
Well, they do look like tasty little rodents, don't they? Probably resemble something from the berrith homeworld that they'd normally prey on.

"I can feel other places where he has been, if we are close. But…"
Show Me The Path.
The image twitches and warps, shifting into… A rocky landscape, the sky clear and dark and-. Ub'x is talking to someone-.
Oh, joy. That's not going to be easy to locate.

The image fade and Dreamer staggers into Moonrider's waiting arms.

Ring, stellar mapping. Where were those stars?
Ah, of course. Thank goodness for extensive galactic mapping.

Working. Multiple possible locations found.

Showing that landscape?
Well, then. Looks like it's a simple matter to track through them in a straight-ish line.

Not all worlds have full geophysics scans on file. Rocks are not an uncommon geological feature.

Alright, alright. Pick the closest.
And lay off the sarcasm, will you? Geez.

Location available.

"I might have it. My ring's calculated places where those stars can been seen in those patterns. If we go to one of the possibles, could you eliminate it as a possibility?"
It sounds a bit of a wild goose chase, but stranger plots have worked out.

Dreamer is propping herself up on Moonrider, but she makes eye contact with me as she nods. "If you can take us to that place, yes."

"Alright then. Huyen, thank you for your assistance. It seems like your brother would have been a good fit for the Indigo Lantern Corps and it's a shame that he wasn't ever able to realise his potential."
Honestly, I'd say 'would you have wanted someone like him in their Corps' but that's the whole point of them.

"I suppose it is. I'd have liked to know him better when he didn't start fights."

"I don't know berrith customs, but if you like I can get a recording of what happened on Ranx before he died."
I'm sure Ranx has plenty of visual recordings from that period. What Ub'x didn't erase, anyway

"No. I don't want to. He's dead and the alphas who had him killed are dead." He hesitates. "But I want to talk to that h'lvenite. If you find him, tell him."

I nod. "We will."
Hmm... To offer thanks or take vengeance? Or perhaps something out of left field? I doubt we'd ever see it, though.

The New Gods have already started filing out of the room. B'dg looks uncertain about… Something, then flies after them.

Hm.
I'm guessing he's reconsidering how he saw the berrith all these years. That's what happens when you get to meet them up close rather than look at them as a monolithic single entity.

I stride out of the building, the New Gods clustering around Dreamer.

"Right you lot. Since bluntness seemed to work for Dreamer, would the rest of you like to talk about your problems before we move on?"
Best to get it out of the way, I suppose.

Serifan's right hand twitches towards his empty holster. "Get my guns back and I'll let them do my talking for me."

"By the time I was first exposed to the Anti-Life I was already so resistant to it that I barely felt it, just a discordant buzz of nonsense. However, achieving that state did require me to fully integrate all of my most disgusting and monstrous repressed desires into my consciousness. I believe that's a close equivalent. My current clarity-."
In other words, OL has a license to be an asshole if the need arises. :p

Bear looks bewildered. "It doesn't affect you? When you-. Hear it-."

"It's just words. Those parts of the Anti-Life I've been exposed to before are so contrary to my nature that they don't find any purchase. I find myself thinking a thing and I immediately reject it."

"What did it say?"
I shudder if they manage to discover something that would align with his desires. Unlikely as that might be.

"Ah… The Key said 'purpose equals failure'. It tried to make me think that anything I attempted would eventually undo itself. But, I mean, if you think about it, that's true for everything. The universe has a finite lifespan. Eventually, everything ends. But that doesn't mean that anything you do or try to do doesn't mean anything. That it doesn't matter for everyone who experiences it. As an Orange Lantern I prioritise realising my desires, and most of those are for relatively short term things. You don't… Not eat a meal because at some point you'll be hungry again, do you? It's daft."
Teleute (Death): "Damn straight, kiddo."

He glances at the others, and then looks… Nervous?

"That wasn't what it said to me. Us."
Probably something along the lines of 'resistance=futility' and 'obedience=happiness'.

"No, you were actually on Apokolips. What did it say?"

"I-. I can't say it. Not until I'm sure it won't come out."

"Okay. How about we head back to the h'lvenite school, and you can… Indirectly describe it to me."
Shed some light on it, and perhaps the threat you've built it up as will evaporate. As Alan liked to say: "Dark things cannot stand the light."

Well, on with the journey. Now OL gets to play 'match the skyline' with however many worlds the Ring identified. Still, once they get off planet, it'll be easier because they can Boom Tube from place to place. Such a time-saver. And while they travel, he gets to play armchair psychotherapist with them. Let's hope it's not a long trip. :p

every time i see Anti-Life i'm like, yead very edgy nihilistic crap there

of course everything suck, as if Life itself will bend over backward for you, but giving up is for loser, life inherently does not have a meaning to it, meaning are define by us and what we are
Thats because that is basically what it is, it's edgy nihilism but presented in a way that is so damn convincing, true, and infectious, it becomes weaponized depression. Just because to a rational mind the contents of the memetic hazard are stupid doesnt mean it loses power as a memetic hazard.

threw it growing at him in response.

"growling"

"It's not that you're not a beast; it's that you're constitutionally incapable of accepting anyone in a position of authority over you. It's your brain, lad. To put it simply, you're missing something almost all berrith have. And most of those that don't have it don't live as long as you have

Probably because the ones that do have it kill them when they see that submission is not on the menu.

The image twitches and warps, shifting into… A rocky landscape, the sky clear and dark and-. Ub'x is talking to someone-.

The image fade and Dreamer staggers into Moonrider's waiting arms

Either she got tired, or the sheer presence of Indigo overwhelmed her.

every time i see Anti-Life i'm like, yead very edgy nihilistic crap there

of course everything suck, as if Life itself will bend over backward for you, but giving up is for loser, life inherently does not have a meaning to it, meaning are define by us and what we are
I agree with you. However I must point out that Mannheim has seemingly just incorporated the Anti-Nihilistic view of Anti-Life into himself. There's no telling if that view point will also be twisted into a form of brainwashed slavery.

Should they? Paul's not a god and doesn't project meaning the same way and I don't think 'truth' is specifically any of their schtick.

Plus, Paul probably thinks he's roughly being honest.
The only way LePaul could think he was being honest is if he removed the memory of getting Anti-Lifed and needing to be saved.

The only way LePaul could think he was being honest is if he removed the memory of getting Anti-Lifed and needing to be saved.
To my memory, the only time Anti-life got into Paul was when he used the Alliance of the Justs teleporter. When faced with The Key or in the Tower of Fate, it didn't stick.

Edit: I realize the difference is direct exposure vs indirect exposure.

Last edited:
Compass (supplementary, Renegade Option)
13th February 2013
18:21 GMT -4

Glowing orange breakwaters extend into the Atlantic from the coast of Cuba, and if I strain my eyes I can just about see where my fellow Orange Lanterns are repeating that defence on the Caribbean's other islands. The surging water from the newly risen continent of Atlantis arrived only a little after we did, and stopping a tsunami like that…

It isn't fun, and it's something that high tier Justice Leaguers are actually trained for.

I can see a handful of total morons hanging around the beach to take pictures of the situation just staring like the gormless morons they are. I could say something about the fact that we're just going to reduce the force of the water and not block it completely, but if they're this dumb then I think their lives are a worthy offering to the Great God Darwin-.

"Thanks fer doin' this, Grayven." I nod at Guy at he approaches. "We don't rilly have the manpower fer things like this."

"Not a problem. Orin tell you what's going on?"

"Nah." He shakes his head. "He stops showin' up t' meetin's, then a few weeks later this happens."

Wait, do I actually know more than the Justice League? Okay, Batman's ability to gain intelligence is a lot less in places with no real contact with the surface world and no electronics, but I'd have thought…

Richard, I know I said to make sure that the League didn't die, but I assumed…

The water level starts rising all along the shoreline. Not… Catastrophically, and I've got a reserve standing by just in case things escalate, but things are going to be pretty messy once the waters recede.

"You… Planning on joining in?"

"I'm in reserve, case anything else crazy happens." He stares out to sea, squinting. "You breakin' it up?"

"That's the idea. I'm nothing like strong enough to just block it all, but I can weaken it just fine. Who's handling the US?"

"Superman."

"How?"

"Spinnin' real fast or somethin'."

"Oh, ah, just in case something weird happens, I've got a parallel universe version of Superman doing some work for me on Tamaran. Doubt he'll come here, but just in case Superman starts acting weird…"

"Thanks. I'll pass that along." He hesitates for a moment. "Do I wanna know why you got goatee-Supes werkin' fer you?"

"He's clean-shaven. I've got some kryptonian technology, and it helps to have another brain that knows kryptonian technology looking it over."

Guy frowns thoughtfully. "That the Superman who took over the world?"

"Ah… Define… Yeah… Yes, okay."

"You sure he don't have a goatee?"

"Their John Stewart did." Hm. Mother Box, does that seem like enough water to you?

Ping.

So, what, they're actually being slightly courteous, or they're keeping it for themselves?

Ping.

Ah. "Guy, is the League aware that Ahri'ahn has been living openly in Atlantis?"

Guy looks a little awkward. "Ah… Yeah? Aquaman said he had it handled."

I pointedly look out across the swelling Atlantic in the general direction of the Earth's newest continent. I mean, Clea said that she had it handled-.

Ring, grab me a spy satellite and show me what's going on.

By your command.

Several countries and a few private citizens who probably shouldn't have satellites in position to observe Atlantis. Tapping into all of them gets me a slightly better idea of what's going on.

That's a lot of dead seaweed. And dead sea creatures. The cities themselves-.

Venturia is surrounded by a giant sphere of water. In fact, in the highest parts of their territory it's actually frozen solid. Guess Lex's airport just got rendered completely superfluous. And I can see… Three other cities that have enclosed themselves in a similar way. The… Most logical explanation is that they're making an accommodation for water-adapted Atlanteans. Almost all Atlanteans can breathe air, but Atlanteans with tails would struggle to move.

Poseidonis doesn't have a sphere of water.

But what the hell? Atlanteans have fish farms that are now empty of water and filled with dying fish. The land there might be… Drying, but it's going to be salty as heck. There's no way they can plant crops on it until they do a lot of work. Clea's probably on top of that, but she told me she was on top of Ahri'ahn as well so I've got to check.

"Who's the redhead?"

"Which one?"

"The one with the curly hair, stripper uniform and big titties."

I consider our female tamaranean recruits.

"Again, which one?"

"Seriously?" He turns back to me. "And you're dating a horse?"

"Pony. And it's not my fault that you have plebeian tastes." I glance over at Lantern… Andreand'r. "Most tamaraneans look that good. Probably like how European dental health got really bad once cheap sugar became available; they haven't had a chance to get fat because they've had to do physical labour and haven't had access to large quantities of fat and sugar."

"Looks like she's got fat in all the right places."

I shake my head. "Guy, you're thirty six. You don't have time to mess about ogling random women. If you're-"

"Ow."

"-interested in her, talk to her once the water calms down. I'll put in a good word for you. What's the League planning to do about Ahri-?"

The air over the Atlantic shimmers, then stabilises into a massive… Illusion? Of Ahri'ahn, staring out imperiously across the world. Probably just a projection which he can't see through.

"Attention, barbarians of the world. I am Ahri'ahn, the greatest magician in the history of the Earth. The nation of Atlantis stands tall once more, and will regain its former pre-eminence. Your rulers and potentates will attend the King of Atlantis in Poseidonis and pay him homage. You will do this within a week, or you will suffer our wrath."

The illusion stares down at us for a few moments, and then fades out.

"Well shit."

"Language. Does the League have a plan?"

"Not fer this exact thing."

"I have a Lantern Corps. And Lex has a fleet. We can help."

"Ah… I'll pass that on." He frowns. "How's Black Adam gonna take bein' called a barbarian and told to show up and bow?"

"Not well. Does the League have a wizard who can take Ahri'ahn?"

"I'll… Get back t' yeh."

I look down to where the water has risen over the beach.

"Best get back quick, because I don't think General Lane is going to be patient."

Last edited:
Poseidonis doesn't have sphere of water.

"have a sphere"

But what the hell? Atlanteans have fish farms that are now empty of water and filled with dying fish. The land there might be… Drying, but it's going to be salty as heck

Ahri'ahn is a massive racist and they're not renowned for thinking about things.

The air over the Atlantic shimmers, then stabilises into a massive… Illusion? Of Ahri'ahn, staring out imperiously across the world. Probably just a projection which he can't see through

You never know.

With his skill and power he may be ableto do it.

Your rulers and potentates will attend the King of Atlantis in Poseidonis and pay him homage. You will do this within a week, or you will suffer our wrath."

Hmm, he didn't exactly refer to himself as the king, so he may be talking about Aquaman.

Which means he may have enthralled him.

He probably thought that he was doing it for his own good.

Or it's someone else, since Arthur is part surface dweller, so Ahri'ahn may view him as unworthy.

moments, and the fades out.

"and then"

13th February 2013
18:21 GMT -4

Glowing orange breakwaters extend into the Atlantic from the coast of Cuba, and if I strain my eyes I can just about see where my fellow Orange Lanterns are repeating that defence on the Caribbean's other islands. The surging water from the newly risen continent of Atlantis arrived only a little after we did, and stopping a tsunami like that…

It isn't fun, and it's something that high tier Justice Leaguers are actually trained for.
At least the Renegade has backup on site for this. Or had enough available to Boom Tube in when the word got out that he could deploy them to cover as much of the Atlantic coastlines as he could. And that's a lot of coastlines...

I can see a handful of total morons hanging around the beach to take pictures of the situation just staring like the gormless morons they are. I could say something about the fact that we're just going to reduce the force of the water and not block it completely, but if they're this dumb then I think their lives are a worthy offering to the Great God Darwin-.

"Thanks fer doin' this, Grayven." I nod at Guy at he approaches. "We don't rilly have the manpower fer things like this."
Heh. Would Darwin be the New God of Genetic Improvement? :VAnd maybe the league should consider getting the manpower, Guy.

"Not a problem. Orin tell you what's going on?"

"Nah." He shakes his head. "He stops showin' up t' meetin's, then a few weeks later this happens."
What's the bet Ahri'ahn has him mind-controlled? ;) No, no, sucker's bet, I'm sure.

Wait, do I actually know more than the Justice League? Okay, Batman's ability to gain intelligence is a lot less in places with no real contact with the surface world and no electronics, but I'd have thought…

Richard, I know I said to make sure that the League didn't die, but I assumed…
But that's practically a full-time job, Renegade, and he does need some time off for his lady love.

The water level starts rising all along the shoreline. Not… Catastrophically, and I've got a reserve standing by just in case things escalate, but things are going to be pretty messy once the waters recede.

"You… Planning on joining in?"
Though I bet those rubber-neckers are suddenly realising that yes, where they're standing is about to get a bit wet.

"I'm in reserve, case anything else crazy happens." He stares out to see, squinting. "You breakin' it up?"

"That's the idea. I'm nothing like strong enough to just block it all, but I can weaken it just fine. Who's handling the US?"
Man, the sheer difference between Paragon and Renegade timeline Guy. The former has Ion on his side, is dating Ice and is an Honour Guard. The latter? :oops: Uh... At least he's not comatose?

Yeah, that's a bit of... This version is noticeably less powerful than most, after all.

:confused: Kryptonian powers bullshit. Somewhere, an oceanologist is crying.

"Oh, ah, just in case something weird happens, I've got a parallel universe version of Superman doing some work for me on Tamaran. Doubt he'll come here, but just in case Superman starts acting weird…"

"Thanks. I'll pass that along." He hesitates for a moment. "Do I wanna know why you got goatee-Supes werkin' fer you?"
Honestly, if that Supes still had his powers, it might be helpful. Another Renegade decision backfiring later.

"He's clean-shaven. I've got some kryptonian technology, and it helps to have another brain that knows kryptonian technology looking it over."

Guy frowns thoughtfully. "That the Superman who took over the world?"
...Yeah, not the best look, Renegade.

"Ah… Define… Yeah… Yes, okay."

"You sure he don't have a goatee?"
Guy, not everything works on Narrative tropes like that. :oops: ...Just most things.

"Their John Stewart did." Hm. Mother Box, does that seem like enough water to you?

Ping.
"The amount is water is abnormally low, yes. Especially given the size of the landmasses displacing it."

So, what, they're actually being slightly courteous, or they're keeping it for themselves?"

Ping.
"Do you really want them sharing it around?"

Ah. "Guy, is the League aware that Ahri'ahn has been living openly in Atlantis?"

Guy looks a little awkward. "Ah… Yeah? Aquaman said he had it handled."
...<Looks at ocean.> o_O Yes, 'handled.' Did none of you think to check in every once in a while?

I pointedly look out across the swelling Atlantic in the general direction of the Earth's newest continent. I mean, Clea said that she had it handled-.

Ring, grab me a spy satellite and show me what's going on.
Oh, I can picture just about every nation on Earth looking to get eyes on this shit.

By your command.

Several countries and a few private citizens who probably shouldn't have satellites in position to observe Atlantis. Tapping into all of them gets me a slightly better idea of what's going on.
You are going to share with the rest of the class, I hope? By which I mean the League?

That's a lot of dead seaweed. And dead sea creatures. The cities themselves-.

Venturia is surrounded by a giant sphere of water. In fact, in the highest parts of their territory it's actually frozen solid. Guess Lex's airport just got rendered completely superfluous. And I can see… Three other cities that have enclosed themselves in a similar way. The… Most logical explanation is that they're making an accommodation for water-adapted Atlanteans. Almost all Atlanteans can breathe air, but Atlanteans with tails would struggle to move.
Rather impressive that they were able to set that up in so short a time.

Poseidonis doesn't have sphere of water.

But what the hell? Atlanteans have fish farms that are now empty of water and filled with dying fish. The land there might be… Drying, but it's going to be salty as heck. There's no way they can plant crops on it until they do a lot of work. Clea's probably on top of that, but she told me she was on top of Ahri'ahn as well so I've got to check.
Yeah, the salt dumped by the 2004 Tsunami was interfering with agriculture for years afterwards, even today...

"Who's the redhead?"

"Which one?"
Guy, this is hardly the time to be eyeballing the alien hotties.

"The one with the curly hair, stripper uniform and big titties."

I consider our female tamaranean recruits.
That could cover a lot of the ladies. Well, not their outfits, but you get what I mean. :p

"Again, which one?"

"Seriously?" He turns back to me. "And you're dating a horse?"
Because he wants a real relationship, not a quick, no-strings hook-up with alien hotties.

"Pony. And it's not my fault that you have plebeian tastes." I glance over at Lantern… Andreand'r. "Most tamaraneans look that good. Probably like how European dental health got really bad once cheap sugar became available; they haven't had a chance to get fat because they've had to do physical labour and haven't had access to large quantities of fat and sugar."

"Looks like she'd got fat in all the right places."
God, I wish he'd get slapped, but they'd probably find him funny.

I shake my head. "Guy, you're thirty six. You don't have time to mess about ogling random women. If you're-"

"Ow."
Yeah, not that much older then the Renegade himself. At least before his stint in the future.

"-interested in her, talk to her once the water calms down. I'll put in a good word for you. What's the League planning to do about Ahri-?"

The air over the Atlantic shimmers, then stabilises into a massive… Illusion? Of Ahri'ahn, staring out imperiously across the world. Probably just a projection which he can't see through.
You hope. And if he's trying to pretend to be legitimate authority, a giant projection of yourself is not a good start.

"Attention, barbarians of the world. I am Ahri'ahn, the greatest magician in the history of the Earth. The nation of Atlantis stands tall once more, and will regain its former pre-eminence. Your rulers and potentates will attend the King of Atlantis in Poseidonis and pay him homage. You will do this within a week, or you will suffer our wrath."

The illusion stares down at us for a few moments, and the fades out.
...Yeah, that's not going to be taken well by... Just about anyone.

"Well shit."

"Language. Does the League have a plan?"
Renegade bringing that Dad energy. And I hope their plan is better than 'fly in, punch Ahri'ahn unconscious and hope Atlantis sinks again.'

"Not fer this exact thing."

"I have a Lantern Corps. And Lex has a fleet. We can help."
And it technically is his job as Suzerain of Earth to deal with challenges to his authority, in the name of Darkseid. And this is a pretty big challenge.

"Ah… I'll pass that on." He frowns. "How's Black Adam gonna take bein' called a barbarian and told to show up and bow?"

"Not well. Does the League have a wizard who can take Ahri'ahn?"
What are the chances Adom actually knows Ahri'ahn from the old days? :p And didn't like him much then either?

"I'll… Get back t' yeh."

I look down to where the water has risen over the beach.

"Best get back quick, because I don't think General Lane is going to be patient."
Though hopefully his first response won't be 'nuke the fucker', given Ahri'ahn has the Atlantean population hostage.

All righty, then. Pretty clear Ahri'ahn is intending to be the power behind the throne. Hopefully he's at least using Orin as a puppet ruler, because he's the only legitimate claimant to the throne (Renegade Orm being dead, after all, last I remember.) Though I have to wonder how things are going for the less conventional members of the Atlantean population, given Blondie's feelings towards them...

So, what, they're actually being slightly courteous, or they're keeping it for themselves?"
Either it's missing an opening Quotation Mark, or has an extraneous closing one.

Rather impressive that they were able to set that up in so short a time.

Ahri'ahn may have told them to.

He may not like them, but he may recognize that he needs them, so the shields are up.

It could also explain why Poseidonis doesn't have one.

He may want the ones in the other cities to live, but not the ones in his city.

Because he wants a real relationship, not a quick, no-strings hook-up with alien hotties.

He already had one with two Tamaraneans.

Yeah, that's not going to be taken well by... Just about anyone.

You never know.

Some Nazis believe that the Aryan race came from Atlantis, so to them this may be the best day of their lives.

I can just imagine them celebrating in front of Ahri'ahn and telling him about their beliefs.

All the while he looks at them in confusion, before he kills them for daring to think of themselves as Atlantians.

Even a bastard can do a good thing.

What are the chances Adom actually knows Ahri'ahn from the old days? :p And didn't like him much then either?

It's possible that Ahri'ahn met him during his time travel excursions.

Or he heard about him from his Atlantean teammate.

given Ahri'ahn has the Atlantean population hostage.
All righty, then. Pretty clear Ahri'ahn is intending to be the power behind the throne. Hopefully he's at least using Orin as a puppet ruler, because he's the only legitimate claimant to the throne (Renegade Orm being dead, after all, last I remember.

Unless Ahri'ahn resurrects him.

"I am Ahri'ahn, the greatest magician in the history of the world, and..."
"Sunset, Circe, would you take care of that?"
"Oooh! I could drop the sun on him!"
"Sunset, this isn't Wilson, our sun doesn't work like that."
"I know. Hehehehe."

"Sunset, have you been having interdimensional correspondence with Ivan Ramonat again."

Missing full stop.
…Would that actually work?
"Looks like she'd got fat in all the right places."
'she's'?
The air over the Atlantic shimmers, then stabilises into a massive… Illusion? Of Ahri'ahn, staring out imperiously across the world.
So is the illusion facing towards the ground, or towards the north or south or east or what? I realise this is a minor detail, I'm just having trouble visualising this.

Somehow, I could see any universe's version of Guy wondering why he didn't learn about Tamaran back when he first got his ring. After all, prior to his settling down with Tora, I suspect that he'd really go for Tamaranean-style "friends with benefits that often involve groups" arrangements.

...why did I just come to the realization that once Earth gets affordable mass FTL travel, Tamaran will experience a sudden boom in tourism for both Spring Break and, at a lower but more constant level, sex tourism?

Missing full stop.
'she's'?
Thank you, corrected.
So is the illusion facing towards the ground, or towards the north or south or east or what? I realise this is a minor detail, I'm just having trouble visualising this.
It's staring in the approximate direction of everyone looking at it.
Somehow, I could see any universe's version of Guy wondering why he didn't learn about Tamaran back when he first got his ring. After all, prior to his settling down with Tora, I suspect that he'd really go for Tamaranean-style "friends with benefits that often involve groups" arrangements.
Actually, groups are unusual. Also, it was in the Vega Systems so Guy wouldn't be allowed to fly there.
...why did I just come to the realization that once Earth gets affordable mass FTL travel, Tamaran will experience a sudden boom in tourism for both Spring Break and, at a lower but more constant level, sex tourism?
Tamaran's a long way away. Ungara's economic problems mean that the whores there would be cheaper.

Hmm, he didn't exactly refer to himself as the king, so he may be talking about Aquaman.

Which means he may have enthralled him.

He probably thought that he was doing it for his own good.

Or it's someone else, since Arthur is part surface dweller, so Ahri'ahn may view him as unworthy.

If we're going down that route, it's possible he's referring to Arthur's son when he says king. If he thinks Arthur is unfit to rule, then he might have deposed him until the next heir is of age. Which would mean someone is acting as Regent.

Green Lanterns weren't officially allowed in the Vega system.

Especially since they won't totally recede due to the landmass now displacing large amounts of water.

You know... It never ceases to amaze how Paul's with Power Rings just continually make things worse...

You know... It never ceases to amaze how Paul's with Power Rings just continually make things worse...
Ahri'ahn is independent from most things due to the fact that he's a time traveller from the past who only travels forward in time. Why do you think the Renegade is in anyway at fault for this guy's crazy plan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back