• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

other four watch for my response.

"I.. think that can wait until this facility is fully functional and you can give future androids the best possible bodies. How about that spaceship?"
I believe the appropriate response here would be: Sorry but I don't believe that your technology is advanced enough to replicate the Divine shit I can do, and therefore I'd be unhappy being downgraded. But if you don't mind me knowing how your Robotech works I am happy to let you try and convince me?
Harlan isn't actually that smart, is he? :confused: Or maybe his mind is a bit compartmentalised...
He has to be to run all that tech. He's just very naive and very lucky he hasn't gotten bit. Yet.
Chojin Patriarch
Thinking on it further I'd say he is Intelligent with a side of smart but his Wisdom stat is abysmally low. Practically non existent.

Last edited:
so wait, the SG team in this episdoe are... robots? am i reading that correctly?

it's been a hot minute since i've watched SG1 but i don't remember any androids of the team running around. or is this something that was done off-screen or...?
Season 1, Episode 19 "Tin Man"
Seen again in Season 4, Episode 21 "Double Jeopardy"

Wait... Is this years April Fools shenanigans going to be because the mainline SI gets control of the android copy?

It has it's good points; humans who are social isolated tend to go a bit peculiar while goa'uld would be fine. But the downside is that we don't really care about other people suffering until it starts to affect us."
'its'?
'socially'
If you want to improve the lives of humans across the galaxy, it may work better to work to improve things form the inside rather than… Declare war on the entire galaxy like Stargate Command has."
'from'
"Pretend to be normal goa'uld, take over somewhere and out compete their neighbours because all of their scientists could work together without intriguing against each other.
'outcompete'?

so wait, the SG team in this episdoe are... robots? am i reading that correctly?

it's been a hot minute since i've watched SG1 but i don't remember any androids of the team running around. or is this something that was done off-screen or...?
There was an episode where the team, thru various reasons I've forgotten, found out they got metal under their skin. There were a number of TV shows that had their characters replaced with perfect robot replicas during the time now that I think of it. I suddenly recall Power Rangers doing this and it's not until the end we found out the reason was the whole episode was a test run before sending them elsewhere to fight.
Anyway!
They found out that this planet they went to they got body snatched and came back none the wiser. Eventually they settled the issue by making the robots and their high end tech stay on planet. It was the first episode that hinted at Coronel O'Neill is a bit of a robot bigot. The most damning one happened later with 5.

The fact that the Stargate program, the Atlantis Expedition, and basically everything both in between and beyond remained a secret throughout the entirety of the franchise was incredibly fucking stupid.

At the end of atlantis didn't they land on earth because they were totally out of power? Seems like that would have broken the secrecy even if they never had before.

I feel like the super secret conspiracy could buy alot of silence from people by telling them which front companies to invest in that would be releasing backwards engineered tech to make them rich, and using alien healing techniques to cure them and their families of otherwise fatal conditions, but that is only a stop gap and not everyone is willing to stay quiet. Even if the NID was killing alot of people behind the scenes on top of that bribery type stuff you would still have problems.

It's actively offensive that we're expected to believe that it's all still being successfully kept secret from the world at large.
Hey how do we keep people from noticing the huge honking spaceships flying around?

Enter reality TV, smart phones and social media.

My god what have we done.

I forget which fic it was but I remember they explained the whole thing as old cold war weaponized satellites that no one was supposed to have started blasting the shit outta each other when one glitched out and fired setting off all the other ones to open fire.

But yeah keeping the program hidden for so long without it being blown open is kinda an ass pull.
especially after Anubis brought in his fleet and the whole thing in antartica.

of course that is part of why they backed the creation of Wormhole Xtreme.
people will just think it's a nutcase or troll watching too much TV.

This is such complete bullshit that I am amazed nobody called him on it.

Especially given Teal'c was literally leading Apophis's armies warring against the other System Lords for decades. After his father served Cronus leading his armies to war for decades. Who even learned under Bratac who lead Apophis's armies in war for centuries.
Well. Less war per capita. 'sides, maybe some of those are 'special operations.'

Yes. At one point Atlantis landed on Earth. It was when the Wraith attacked Earth.

Atlantis put itself between the Wraith and the Earth, helping in the fight. While exchanging fire it was forced into Earth's atmosphere, but kept fighting until the Wraith were beaten. Then it flew to San Francisco and landed in the bay. They activate a cloak to "maintain secrecy", even though they explicitly state that they were only able to do so "just before landing".

The US Navy apparently establishes a quarantine zone around it to prevent stray ships or whatever from wandering into the cloaking field.

If the series had continued, they were going to fly Atlantis to the Moon with the intention of turning it into a permanent moon base. But then some arbitrary self-destruct system was going to activate that would force it to return to the Pegasus Galaxy because for some the city just HAS to be in that galaxy to not blow itself up.

Seriously. The Tau'ri are an intergalactic power at this point. What the fuck is the point of even maintaining secrecy anymore?

I don't think the wars after Ra died can be used as evidence for the scales of the skirmishes that the happened before he died.

We know the Jaffa fought very often against other Jaffa, but considering goa'uld biology that may have been "war" games to cull the population of Jaffa and keep their numbers low enough to reduce the number of Goa'uld reaching adulthood, a practice Goa'uld with no Jaffa or smaller number of Jaffa wouldn't need.

Telac wouldn't contest his argument if he was aware Bastet and her underlords were far more peaceful than Aphopis or Cronos.

I don't think the wars after Ra died can be used as evidence for the scales of the skirmishes that the happened before he died.

We know the Jaffa fought very often against other Jaffa, but considering goa'uld biology that may have been "war" games to cull the population of Jaffa and keep their numbers low enough to reduce the number of Goa'uld reaching adulthood, a practice Goa'uld with no Jaffa or smaller number of Jaffa wouldn't need.

Telac wouldn't contest his argument if he was aware Bastet and her underlords were far more peaceful than Aphopis or Cronos.
The Bastet/Kali alliance was at almost constant war with Apophis and Ba'al during Ra's rule.

The Bastet/Kali alliance was at almost constant war with Apophis and Ba'al during Ra's rule.
Not exactly, while Ra was ruling there wasn't actually a war...a few skirmishes and similar, essentially one long, long enforced cold war that had a lot of other things to divert it such as the various combat worlds that the Goa'uld had set up where they'd have "games" of pitting forces against each other to put on shows and bets.

Not exactly, while Ra was ruling there wasn't actually a war...a few skirmishes and similar, essentially one long, long enforced cold war that had a lot of other things to divert it such as the various combat worlds that the Goa'uld had set up where they'd have "games" of pitting forces against each other to put on shows and bets.
I'm pretty sure Bra'tac and Teal'c would disagree with that given they were both leading armies.

My 2c on the SG secerts. They didn't want to stray too far from the status quo. And momentum of doing so for over a decade, without really thinking about it.

A shame too. Having it continued by simply having the public become aware of it would be great. Really explore the 'what if' we got involved in galatic politics in this day and age. Much less had it hidden by our leaders and most powerful people on earth.

Half the reason many of the other worlds don't deal with earth would be because of our divided nations. Not just our tech level, but social organization as well. Don't want to deal with 20 or more different politicos for one world. If one single nation could even make regular inter star system trade worth it.

I forget which fic it was but I remember they explained the whole thing as old cold war weaponized satellites that no one was supposed to have started blasting the shit outta each other when one glitched out and fired setting off all the other ones to open fire.
That sounds like the start of the second book in Hotpoint's XSGCOM series, XSGCOM: Terra from the Deep.

Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers (part 1)
Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers

1st April 2013
09:17 GMT -5

Kaldur looks over the machinery which surrounds me, his eyes passing over the electronics with a cursory glance while lingering a little longer on the enchanted objects and arcane devices.

"Do you not think that this is a little extreme?"

"No."

"I understand that the visions you have had for the past two years are perhaps a little distracting, but you yourself have said that they have not harmed you in any way."

"One thing I learned from that mess with Krona. Parallel universes cause intersecting problems. I saw no sign that Ambush Bug was involved last year. None of the other versions of me I met at Vanishing Point admitted to experiencing anything like it. Which means that Ambush Bug might have done something to me that caused a lasting change to how I work. If so, that is a problem, because… Yes, a few visions one day a year isn't a problem, but if I don't-" Kaldur nods. "-know why it's happening, I don't know how to stop it if the visions start coming more often."

"And if this year none come?"

"Then… Great, it was probably something to do with Krona and I can stop worrying about it."

Kaldur smiles a smile which makes it clear to me that he's leaving me to my folly. "Then I will wish you the best of fortune."

"Thank you."

"Will you require someone to check in on you?"

"No, that's fine. People have been in close proximity to me both times this has happened-"

The world around me turns slightly, moments in time being interspersed with brief flickers of white like a projector reel.

"-and can you see that?"
//
Kaldur frowns at my alarm and
//
looks around. "I cannot see anything unusual."
//
He turns back to me. "Can you describe-?"
//
//
///////////////
The universe tilts and whirls and peels away and I'm sent flying and none of my time-wasting machines register anything unusual! There's a street, a road, American road signs, people running while a group of five brightly-costumed individuals fight a mob of grey humanoids and I'm flying or falling-.
/
Uhgh.

I land face-down on the asphalt-

"Oh dear. That wasn't supposed to happen."

-and push myself up, construct armour appearing around my body.

The alien looking at me in concern resembles some sort of uplifted chimpanzee. With… Wings and a monocle. His body... Looks like he's either been heavily bio-engineered or he's wearing organic armour, and he's looking at me like he thinks I'm about to explode.

The figure next to him is looking awkwardly at a large bottle in his right hand. His skin is blue, his head and most especially his jaw are far larger than the humanoid norms, while the rest of his body is squat and muscular. His clothing is… Weird. Baggy trousers with some sort of circular decoration, armoured helmet, boots, shoulder pads and breastplate. The teeth from his lower jaw protrude uselessly from his mouth in a way which puts me in mind of the designs I've seen of Japanese Oni masks.

"Ahhhh…" He tosses the bottle over his shoulder, and it smashes when it hits the ground. "Not my fault."

"Oh who else could it be? I gave you a simple task-."

"Excuse me, gentlemen."

They freeze, the shorter one looking directly at me for the first time.

"Oh… That's not good."

"Would one of you mind explaining what's happening?"

"Ah." The simian raises his right forefinger. "One question first."

"Okay?"

"Are you evil?"

"A.. completely honest answer to that question would be fairly complex. I have killed a lot of people-"

"Oh?"

"-and I don't feel any reluctance when my goal requires ruthless action-"

The monkey man nods. "Good, good."

"-but my goals are generally altruistic; I try to improve the lives of the people and.. society around me."

The blue-skinned one grimaces more, and the two of them look at each other.

"So really it depends on how you define evil."

They both return their attention to me.

"We…" The simian raises his right hand uncertainly. "Might… Need you to help us conquer the Earth."

"I'm.. going to need some evidence that you're some sort of godlike administrator before I even consider that. Do you have a… Curriculum V-?"

"Hey!"

The two of them take a nervous step back at the shout, and I turn to see that the brightly coloured fighters have defeated the grey humanoids. The fighters appear to have some sort of empathic shielding; I can see that they're alive and have emotions but that's about it. The figures on the floor… Either dead or they were never-. No, that one twitched. Some sort of automata? A robot or-.

They vanish, in… I think that was a teleportation effect.

"Uh-oh."

The five of them -yellow, pink, blue, red and black- form up on the red one and adopt… Silly pseudo-martial art poses like it's a photo shoot or something. Hm. They're clearly capable enough, and… They each have weapons and side arms they're not using.

Ring, identify.

Alert! Internet size vastly decreased since last scan. Identifying with paper archives. Targets are vigilante group 'Power Rangers'-

The… Fuck..?

-and are identified by colour.

"Two of Rita's goons and a new monster." The Red Ranger… Darn, I can't remember what his name was. He draws his sword, which is a sign for the others to draw their main weapons as well. "Let's stop their evil plan right now!"

"Right!" / "Right!" / "Right!" / "Right!"

The blue alien cringes further. "I'm outta here!"

His body shimmers and vanishes, and from the look of the other one he's not far-.

Something occurs to him.

"Go, my Orange… Warmaster! Destroy the Power Rangers!"

"Excuse me?"

He shimmers away as well as the five Rangers charge me.

Last edited:
None of them can fly, so just flight aura 50 feet off the ground and loudspeaker construct to ask the Primary Color Troopers what this is all about. Someone not engaging them in their binary black white martial arts madness would throw the Primary Color Troopers enough to at least start talking this out.

None of them can fly, so just flight aura 50 feet off the ground and loudspeaker construct to ask the Primary Color Troopers what this is all about. Someone not engaging them in their binary black white martial arts madness would throw the Primary Color Troopers enough to at least start talking this out.
They do all have guns, and Pink and Black have larger guns. And all of their weapons combine into a larger gun.

They do all have guns, and Pink and Black have larger guns. And all of their weapons combine into a larger gun.
And how hard would it be for a construct to break the grip on their weapons and take them away from the Teen Justice Brigade?

You know what we haven't seen in years from Paul? Pithing needles! Remember early story when pithing needles were instant KOs? Talia al Ghul remembers.

In alternate realities all Paul's old tricks are new tricks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back