• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Okay, so did this Controller actually create Pull's ring, or is he making this claim to various alternate Paul's in exchange for free stuff? It'll be pretty funny if he tries this with Paragon.

It would be funnier if he tried it with Renegade. That upgraded Paul variant might have figured out a way to kill a Controller.

I'm more surprised that Paul didn't ask for a way to recharge the ring or at least copies of what his other versions of him have be up to.
With the ring he could more easily do everything he wants but I understand it's a different perspective…..

Last edited:
*Screams in absolute horror*

Unicron isn't dead you moron! Only the tiny little protuberance of his greater self that exists in your universe. And even that will come back eventually.

Probably in way that will destroy several galaxies.

So all you've done is doom who knows how many multiverses.
No, in greater transformers lore they fixed that by shattering his multiversity.

Miscellaneous thoughts!
- Wonder what the stance of the rest of the relatively conventionally human justice league / team members are on alchemical enhancements. There's a couple of people who just use technology or are relatively conventional magic users who could concievably be dannered or garrick'd - I don't see any reason why e.g. stewart couldn't be.
- Is a little weird that Paul expects biological or cybernetic alterations to go poof when he heals himself, given that it seems like keeping the tattoos wasn't particularly a problem. Probably in as much as there's a psychological thing, it's that he needs a compelling case for it being valuable, even when he's wearing his rings, rather then anything *that* harsh.
- I don't think that it's impossible that the guy transformers!paul is talking to is legit, or at least as legit as Hinon was. Mandate!Paul did something funky to paradox himself a ring, in a way probably at least partially independent from the normal casuality that would have left hinon be the one responsible for it, and since he was at the same time the same person as paragon paul... And besides, we have seen a Paul with a ring that definitely wasn't from Hinon - we saw the paul formerly known as anti-green lantern had a definitively Qwardian power ring, so it's hardly impossible that some of the rings that he got were from different sources, possibly including this guy. And considering how bristly Jevek was... Hardly seems unreasonable that this guy is actually a Controller.
- "I have need of your service" seems to be laying it on a bit thick for a technology nabbing gopher - feels like that implies that there's something more going on there, or he's just being scammy.
- Slipstream is suprisingly cute! I like the way that she's affectionate and still yet a bit stiff - it does a good job of not - ignoring the reality that it's still an awkward robot relationship while still clearly being worth it. It's also interesting how she seems less intrinsically motivated then transformers!paul but is so - ready to keep doing more with him regardless.
- In theory, detailed knowledge of the soul from a maltusian should probably include enough info to be able to make a reasonable effort at figuring out a way of recharging a ring eventually, too.
- It's a shame that looks like we're not going to get Xor's full initiation.

While it's nice that Paul is finding a way to have a sort of afterlife. I am very worried about what the Controller will do with Dark Energon. His precautions had better be very, very, VERY good.
It's not as much of a problem as you might think. Maybe.

main-qimg-b9181e0589534ff3cdbde20271b9213b

I dislike the obvious answer, and the question to reach it that should have also been obvious to ASK. "Do you know how to extend a human life span to last millions of years?" "With a fully charged ring the simple act of WANTING to live and be healthy will keep you forever in your physical prime." It's just so fucking obvious.
But it doesn't give you an afterlife or let you come back from the dead. It also leaves you stuck with a monkey brain that is only tested as working properly for about ninety years or so.

No, in greater transformers lore they fixed that by shattering his multiversity.
Nope, they strengthened the dimensional barriers so those parts couldn't connect to his greater whole.

That Controller just took parts of him past those barriers.

It's not as much of a problem as you might think. Maybe.
I feel like it should be pointed out that the Infinity Gems very specifically only work in their universe of origin.

While Unicron is very specifically omniversal.

Pondering
What if this projection ISN'T Unicron related, or a Controller. With this degree of mental access granted by the implants it may not be an impossibility for someone to spoof what pull assumes of a controller. Hiring Paul to fetch odd items...say the items linked to the primes could be used to do great and terrible things. The implications of other Paul's does imply an understanding of the multiverse of WTR, but not of Hinon.

....this could be Power Ring Blue for allwe know. He can plane shift, and has some value to getting resources from other Earth's.

Last edited:
Pondering
What if this projection ISN'T Unicron related, or a Controller. With this degree of mental access granted by the implants it may not be an impossibility for someone to spoof what pull assumes of a controller. Hiring Paul to fetch odd items...say the items linked to the primes could be used to do great and terrible things. The implications of other Paul's does imply an understanding of the multiverse of WTR, but not of Hinon.

....this could be Power Ring Blue for allwe know. He can plane shift, and has some value to getting resources from other Earth's.
This could literally just be Trugg's with a hologram projector.

I just hope this controller isn't krona or any other evil maltusian.
Krona is long dead. Got killed dozens of thread marks, or maybe even more it's been so long, ago after the whole pull a Paul out of every universe plan went up in smokes. Got sent to one of the Fallout Universes by accident then got sniped right through the brain while hovering in air. Dead dead.

Krona is long dead. Got killed dozens of thread marks, or maybe even more it's been so long, ago after the whole pull a Paul out of every universe plan went up in smokes. Got sent to one of the Fallout Universes by accident then got sniped right through the brain while hovering in air. Dead dead.
There is a Krona for every DC dimension... And the character's come back from being dead like a dozen times...

Krona was talking about how being from different planes barely means anything during the infinite Paul's arc. Paul literally asks him to confirm that he's the Krona from 14 and while Krona says yes, he also clarifies that the new Crises event he was starting showed how that is a distinction that barely means anything, at least for himself.
Otherwise why wouldn't other variants of Krona try to get in on that action.

Nope, they strengthened the dimensional barriers so those parts couldn't connect to his greater whole.

That Controller just took parts of him past those barriers.

I feel like it should be pointed out that the Infinity Gems very specifically only work in their universe of origin.

While Unicron is very specifically omniversal.

Well within a given multiverse.

Equity (part 9)
4th April 2024
19:39 GMT

I get up when I want

I can't help but shake my head. I can't believe that someone's been using their time to set up a radio station, of all things.

I finish restoring the partially-demolished tower block and drift back to admire my work. None of the major fights of the… I don't know what you'd call it. Two people taking on everything the governments of the world can throw at them and winning. The centre of London is a crater from where they decided that killing governments for failing to surrender promptly was the way to go, and electronics are unreliable in a lot of places due to the electromagnetic pulses the nuclear weapons… And other exotic weapons, sent out.

Except on Wednesdays

But this wasn't even a battlefield. Just some poor bastard tough enough to keep his body in one piece when they hit him but not tough enough to actually survive, sending him flying halfway across the continent and slamming into a city with enough force to break it in half.

When I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

Most of the residents died, as did a lot of people the rubble landed on. But now it's… Liveable again, and with water and… With water restored, people can move in again. A few people below me nod at me in thanks, but… Yeah. It's a little hard to actually get excited about this. For them or me.

Parklife

Alright, dinner time. Then do I take the evening off, or keep-. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm going to keep working until I can't get an erg of ring power, then it's bed and start again bright and breezy tomorrow. Unlike most people I'm not hurting for food or-.

"Ahhh, what are you doing?"

I turn around, coming face to face with-. Him. My loss-. Ah! My loss of focus sees me dropping three metres to the roof of the building I just repaired, ring dead.

"That was a bit pathetic." He drifts a little closer, looking around curiously as he does so. I don't really know how good his vision is. Broadcasts from the people fighting him and his father said that they were slightly vulnerable to very loud sound but there wasn't anything about vision.

I cautiously rise to my feet, staring up at-.

"I'm-. I'm.. sorry, none of your broadcasts said.. how we were supposed to address you."

"Oh, that's easy. I'm still-"

I nod. That's the name he used as a young superhero, and I-. If his broadcasts are genuine -and I can't think why he'd feel any need to lie to us- then he still regards this conquest as a heroic activity.

"Well, ah, Invincible, I'm rebuilding. Ah. None of your broadcasts included… Any.. sort of plan as to how you wanted-" He drifts sideways slightly, looking around us. "-the reconstruction to happen, and in the mean time a lot of people needed homes…"

He's not looking at me, but I've seen the videos of what happens to people who disobey his orders. I didn't even want to be a superhero!

"Ah, so, if there is a plan, or… Ah, anything? I'm obviously happy to work to that… Is there?"

He carries on his slow rotation before returning to facing me.

"And you haven't built… I don't know, a secret base underneath there. Have you?"

"No, Invincible."

"Are you sure? Because a lot of people are doing that."

"I.. don't see what the point would be. In… Resistance. You beat Earth at it's strongest… If we were going to win… We wouldn't be here."

"Tch." He smiles, gesturing to me with his right arm. "Why can't more people see that?"

Optimism? Determination? I remember seeing a documentary about a runner whose shoe came off halfway along the track. He said in an interview afterwards that even after seeing everyone else shoot away from him down the track, he was still completely convinced that he was going to win.

It takes a particular type of person to dress up in brightly coloured spandex and be a vigilante. And apparently that's the sort of person who will look at a viltrumite who has just exploded their way through fifty of their colleagues and say 'I can take him'.

"I couldn't say. Ah. Though if I may make an observation?"

And then he's behind me, right arm around my shoulders. An arm that can sheer steel bars and would easily go through any construct I could generate.

"Sure, buddy! Tell me what's on your mind."

"W-well, I'm… Excited to be joining the Viltrumite Empire, but, ah… I don't really know what that entails? Will.. you… Ah, Omniman, be our governor, or… King? With you as his deputy? Or are you both.. part of the Empire's military, and there'll be a.. transitional.. team coming along in a few weeks to begin integrating us into the Empire?"

"No, we'll be sticking around."

"Okay, good, great! Makes perfect sense when you're the ones who know how human civilisation works. I'm sure that will make the integration go a lot more smoothly."

His arm bends ever so slightly, and I'm dragged down a little, to his head height.

"'Excited to be joined the Empire', huh buddy?"

"Africa still.. mostly uses European infrastructure. For a space aged civilisation like yours, I'm-. European countries didn't improve Africa to be nice to the natives, they did it to improve their own standard of life as they colonised it." I turn my head towards his, and-. Those goggles are really off-putting. Not as much as the strength is, but not being able to read his full expression… "The Viltrumite Empire is space aged, so…"

"You think that even if we're just fixing the place up for us, you'll still benefit."

"Ah… Yes."

"Okay." He nods repeatedly. "Okay. I can see where you're coming from. And you're right. The Viltrumite Empire will be improving a whole lot of Earth."

I find myself smiling without specifically meaning to. "Great! Great. I assumed it was-. I mean, there's not much we can do for an Empire… That powerful and… Advanced. And I don't think we're on a major shipping route."

He shakes his head. "So..?"

"I was sort of wondering… Why? What the point was? I suppose it.. sort of what it goes back to what I was saying about… What it is that you want us to do? I mean, you and Omniman have been very clear about what we're not supposed to do and what the consequences for disobedience are, but… I think a-. That having a more positive message-. Idea about what Imperial citizenship meant… Might make things go better."

He nods, relaxing his grip. "Far as I can tell? The Empire wanted to conquer Earth because it's here, and because we can run it better. Just a sense of obligation, really. And I know that however many people we kill now, future generations are going to look back and thank us."

I nod. "Okay. That's-." Doesn't really answer my question. "Informative."

"But for me personally?" He lets go of my neck, those parts of his face that I can see looking pensive. "Have you ever dated someone who was such a total bitch that you decided to conquer her planet just to shut her up?"

"I-I can't say I have."

"Be grateful." He rises into the air. "I'll get you those plans you were asking for. No sense having just about the only guy with powers who's actually getting with the program wasting his time building something we're just going to tear down again."

"Thank you?"

"Don't sweat it. Keep up the good work!"

There's a roar of air and he's gone, the people below taking cover as stony shrapnel goes flying!

I spend a moment watching the now-empty sky.

And then my heart rate starts to come back under my control.

And I think… I think I just became a collaborator.

Last edited:

That sucked. Also, is this version of Paul working until his ring runs out of power? Or did I misunderstand him when he said "I'm going to keep working until I can't get an erg of ring power, then it's bed and start again bright and breezy tomorrow."?

4th April 2024
No, he goes to a world where Omniman and Invincible took over and tries to make membership of the Viltrumite Empire work. Turns out that Viltrumites are terrible at administration.
Sooo will the Coalition of Planets eventually rate Paul as a higher threat or as high a threat as a Viltrumite? Because going by this Paul making the Empire function is more dangerous than the normal procedure of them just acting like Saiyans.

Also would be interested to see this Paul interacting with Anissa.

I suppose a way to deal with Viltrumites is not to present things like a challenge or flex any kind of power over them, but make them think better ideas are their ideas. The issue could be doing that without one of those maniacs flipping out "You think you're smarter than me?!" and all that.

4th April 2024

I get up when I want

I can't help but shake my head. I can't believe that someone's been using their time to set up a radio station, of all things.
...Okay, this alternate, I don't know much about. Only half-remember reading the first couple of TPB collections. And reading ahead a little, this is apparently post-end-of-series? So I'm coming in basically blind... At any rate, people will always want entertainment after the end of the world.

I finish restoring the partially-demolished tower block and drift back to admire my work. None of the major fights of the… I don't know what you'd call it. Two people taking on everything the governments of the world can throw at them and winning. The centre of London is a crater from where they decided that killing governments for failing to surrender promptly was the way to go, and electronics are unreliable in a lot of places due to the electromagnetic pulses the nuclear weapons… And other exotic weapons, sent out.
And all of it apparently useless against two Viltrumites. Bet that still burns in the guts of the survivors.

Except on Wednesdays

But this wasn't even a battlefield. Just some poor bastard tough enough to keep his body in one piece when they hit him but not tough enough to actually survive, sending sent flying halfway across the continent and slamming into a city with enough force to break it in half.
Because most super-tough people's corpses don't stop being super-tough. Unless said toughness was based on consciousness-dependent forcefields or the like. Still, one heck of a missile to crash down.

When I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

Most of the residents died, as did a lot of people the rubble landed on. But now it's… Liveable again, and with water and… With water restored, people can move in again. A few people below me nod at me in thanks, but… Yeah. It's a little hard to actually get excited about this. For them or me.
A lot of that probably coming from 'flying people overhead' now having a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Parklife

Alright, dinner time. Then do I take the evening off, or keep-. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm going to keep working until I can't get an erg of ring power, then it's bed and start again bright and breezy tomorrow. Unlike most people I'm not hurting for food or-.
So, this Paul found a power source for the Ring, but there's some sort of daily limit on what it can produce?

"Ahhh, what are you doing?"

I turn around, coming face to face with-. Him. My loss-. Ah! My loss of focus sees me dropping three metres to the roof of the building I just repaired, ring dead.
Whoops. Drawback of non-Enlightened Ring users.

"That was a bit pathetic." He drifts a little closer, looking around curiously as he does so. I don't really know how good his vision is. Broadcasts from the people fighting him and his father said that they were slightly vulnerable to very loud sound but there wasn't anything about vision.

I cautiously rise to my feet, staring up at-.
Honestly, anything you could throw at them to cause harm would do more damage to the surroundings. Which the human response apparently did...

"I'm-. I'm.. sorry, none of your broadcasts said.. how we were supposed to address you."

"Oh, that's easy. I'm still-"

Which is still a keen Hero name. Just a declaration of resilience. Even if he sometimes struggled to live up to it.

I nod. That's the name he used as a young superhero, and I-. If his broadcasts are genuine -and I can't think why he'd feel any need to lie to us- then he still regards this conquest as a heroic activity.

"Well, ah, Invincible, I'm rebuilding. Ah. None of your broadcasts included… Any.. sort of plan as to how you wanted-" He drifts sideways slightly, looking around us. "-the reconstruction to happen, and in the mean time a lot of people needed homes…"
And while Viltrumites are strong, most of them aren't really engineers or builders.

He's not looking at me, but I've seen the videos of what happens to people who disobey his orders. I didn't even want to be a superhero!

"Ah, so, if there is a plan, or… Ah, anything? I'm obviously happy to work to that… Is there?"
Which is a pertinent question, in the aftermath of conquest.

He carries on his slow rotation before returning to facing me.

"And you haven't build… I don't know, a secret base underneath there. Have you?"
Because of course those capable of rebuilding are likely to have ulterior motives.

"No, Invincible."

"Are you sure? Because a lot of people are doing that."
I'm guessing a lot of them would be called Supervillains under most circumstances.

"I.. don't see what the point would be. In… Resistance. You beat Earth at it's strongest… If we were going to win… We wouldn't be here."

"Tch." He smiles, gesturing to me with his right arm. "Why can't more people see that?"
Human ego. People don't like being conquered. It might take a couple of human generations living under Viltrumite rule to get used to it.

Optimism? Determination? I remember seeing a documentary about a runner whose shoe came off halfway along the track. He said in an interview afterwards that even after seeing everyone else shoot away from him down the track, he was still completely convinced that he was going to win.

It takes a particular type of person to dress up in brightly coloured spandex and be a vigilante. And apparently that's the sort of person who will look at a viltrumite who has just exploded their way through fifty of their colleagues and say 'I can take him'.
Even the super-intelligent types who build their own super-powered battlesuits or gadgets... It's like being a superhero gives a -20 penalty to any check involving common sense.

"I couldn't say. Ah. Though if I may make an observation?"

And then he's behind me, right arm around my shoulders. An arm that can sheer steel bars and would easily go through any construct I could generate.
That's almost as terrifying as Batman smiling at you while patting you on the shoulder...

"Sure, buddy! Tell me what's on your mind."

"W-well, I'm… Excited to be joining the Viltrumite Empire, but, ah… I don't really know what that entails? Will.. you… Ah, Omniman, be our governor, or… King? With you as his deputy? Or are you both.. part of the Empire's military, and there'll be a.. transitional.. team coming a long in a few weeks to begin integrating us into the Empire?"
'Excited being a polite way of saying 'resigned but hopeful', eh?

"No, we'll be sticking around."

"Okay, good, great! Makes perfect sense when you're the ones who know how human civilisation works. I'm sure that will make the integration go a lot more smoothly."
Better than a lot of historical conquests, certainly.

His arm bends every so slightly, and I'm dragged down a little, to his head height.

"'Excited to be joined the Empire', huh buddy?"
Yeah, he saw through your nervous attempt at diplomacy.

"Africa still.. mostly uses European infrastructure. For a space aged civilisation like yours, I'm-. European countries didn't improve Africa to be nice to the natives, they did it to improve their own standard of life as they colonised it." I turn my head towards his, and-. Those goggles are really off-putting. Not as much of the strength is, but not being able to read his full expression… "The Viltrumite Empire is space aged, so…"
A sad fact of history, but true.

"You think that even if we're just fixing the place up for us, you'll still benefit."

"Ah… Yes."
At this point, it's hard to makes things much worse, certainly, short of smashing humanity back into a medieval level of culture.

"Okay." He nods repeatedly. "Okay. I can see where you're coming from. And you're right. The Viltrumite Empire will be improving a whole lot of Earth."

I find myself smiling without specifically meaning to. "Great! Great. I assumed it was-. I mean, there's not much we can do for a Empire… That powerful and… Advanced. And I don't think we're on a major shipping route."

He shakes his head. "So..?"
From what I understand, Humans are really compatible with Viltrumite DNA. Almost on the level of Human-Saiyajin hybrids...

"I was sort of wondering… Why? What the point was? I suppose it.. sort of what it goes back to what I was saying about… What it is that you want us to do? I mean, you and Omniman have been very clear about what we're not supposed to do and what the consequences for disobedience are, but… I think a-. That having a more positive message-. Idea about what Imperial citizenship meant… Might make things go better."
Sort of like saying 'This is what Viltrum wants from you. Play along and things will be better for everyone.' Just a matter of what that is.

He nods, relaxing his grip. "Far as I can tell? The Empire wanted to conquer Earth because it's here, and because we can run it better. Just a sense of obligation, really. And I know that however many people we kill now, future generations are going to look back and thank us."

I nod. "Okay. That's-." Doesn't really answer my question. "Informative."
Ah. The classic 'It's not ours, so we'll make it ours' excuse. I suppose it gives the Empire some way to direct the natural belligerence of Viltrumites, at least.

"But for me personally?" He lets go of my neck, those parts of his face that I can see looking pensive. "Have you ever dated someone who was such a total bitch that you decided to conquer her planet just to shut her up?"

"I-I can't say I have."
...Wow, people did not like this lady, did they? :confused:

"Be grateful." He rises into the air. "I'll get you those plans you were asking for. No sense having just about the only guy with powers who's actually getting with the program wasting his time building something we're just going to tear down again."

"Thank you?"
Bizarre that the guy whose power is based on avarice and wanting really hard is the most reasonable and sensible super-being on Earth now?

"Don't sweat it. Keep up the good work!"

There's a roar of air and he's gone, the people below taking cover as stony shrapnel goes flying!
Eesh. Do they actually realise the damage they do moving at those speeds or do they simply not care?

Honestly? Probably the safest you'll be on this Earth. Though you'll have a big target on you from anyone not on your side...

Well, this is an interesting new alternate. I'm guessing this version decided to go along with Omni-Man's plan after said former girlfriend pissed him off? If she's still around, imagine how she must feel knowing that her ex-boyfriend conquered the world... Though given the typical Viltrumite temper, she might not be... Wonder how the Controller will make contact here, then?

"And you haven't build… I don't know, a secret base underneath there. Have you?"
"And you haven't built… I don't know, a secret base underneath there. Have you?"
...team coming a long in a few weeks to begin integrating us into the Empire?"
...team coming along in a few weeks to begin integrating us into the Empire?"
His arm bends every so slightly...
His arm bends ever so slightly...

Not sure how she was in the comics, but for the show, the writers possibly wanted to make it easier for the audience to accept him switching to Atom Eve later... or were so lacking in self-awareness that they didn't get how bad they were making her look.

Ah. The classic 'It's not ours, so we'll make it ours' excuse. I suppose it gives the Empire some way to direct the natural belligerence of Viltrumites, at least

Yeah, because if they don't direct it then they'll turn on themselves because their whole philosophy of strength can't really work in reality since everyone is in some way weak and that can make it so that they'll just keep killing each other until they're all dead.

I remember reading a one-shot where Mark meets an alternate female version of him that comes from a universe where the Viltrumites took their philosophy to its logical conclusion and continued to kill each other until the various races they've enslaved and the other races in the universe teamed up and destroyed them.

Nolan was the only survivor and he's a genuine hero.

Bizarre that the guy whose power is based on avarice and wanting really hard is the most reasonable and sensible super-being on Earth now?

The resistance actually has good reasons for opposing the Viltrumites.

Remember, they take social darwinism very seriously and they wouldn't hesitate to kill everyone on Earth on a whim if they thought they were too weak.

You don't want someone like that to have power over you.

Eesh. Do they actually realise the damage they do moving at those speeds or do they simply not care?

My guess is that they think that if someone gets injured then they deserve it for being too weak to handle it, or being too slow and stupid to move out of the way.

Maybe "sending him".
Thank you, corrected.
Sooo will the Coalition of Planets eventually rate Paul as a higher threat or as high a threat as a Viltrumite?
They're not even aware he exists. Also, this version has had no training and little experience. The Lantern learning curve can be quite steep. He's genuinely not as dangerous as any presently existing viltrumite at the moment.
Because going by this Paul making the Empire function is more dangerous than the normal procedure of them just acting like Saiyans.
Viltrumites aren't that bad. Also:
There is no Empire. The total viltrumite population post-Scourge is a few dozen people.
Also would be interested to see this Paul interacting with Anissa.
Already writing it.
I suppose a way to deal with Viltrumites is not to present things like a challenge or flex any kind of power over them, but make them think better ideas are their ideas. The issue could be doing that without one of those maniacs flipping out "You think you're smarter than me?!" and all that.
That is indeed the issue. Though it should be noted that, for example, Omniman is actually pretty calm and rational even in kill-mode. He'd probably hear him out.
So, this Paul found a power source for the Ring, but there's some sort of daily limit on what it can produce?
No, it's a mental issue. He can only 'want' for so long.
I'm guessing a lot of them would be called Supervillains under most circumstances.
No. Superheroes and governments.
A sad fact of history, but true.
South Africa still used Imperial-Age infrastructure. I could tell you why, but I don't want to get banned.
No. No they do not.
...team coming along in a few weeks to begin integrating us into the Empire?"
His arm bends ever so slightly...
Thank you, corrected.

Honestly, anything you could throw at them to cause harm would do more damage to the surroundings. Which the human response apparently did...
There isn't anything he could throw at them to cause harm.

Viltrumites are just that broken.

Not sure how she was in the comics, but for the show, the writers possibly wanted to make it easier for the audience to accept him switching to Atom Eve later... or were so lacking in self-awareness that they didn't get how bad they were making her look.
It was the second.

Oof, that's really rough. Question though, @Mr Zoat since this SI doesn't remember the show (and due to the Amber reference I'm assuming this is show-adjacent), does he know about the comic then, or have you not read it?

Because if he knew about the comic then I don't know why he would stay on Earth and let himself be known, after finding out that Mark and Nolan are all for the "Empire".

If he doesn't know anything about the setting, like Saul Talbot (I think that's the name of the Indigo Lantern?), I understand trying to make the best out of this bad situation. But being aware of the comic gives another option more validity and consideration; lay low and gather info about Allen's previous visits and make a plan to run to the Coalition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back