• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

So instead temporarily growing more power as the battle goes on Wyvern permanently grows as she fights more? Or does it just take a while for her power to escalate?
I'll interpret that as Wyvern's maximum goes up permanently with every fight, but it takes a while for her to get to that maximum. I'll further say that as her max rises, she'll get to the level that was previously her maximum much faster (if her max at time A was 100, and her max at time B is 500, then at time B she'll get to 100 much faster than she would at time A).

I'll interpret that as Wyvern's maximum goes up permanently with every fight, but it takes a while for her to get to that maximum. I'll further say that as her max rises, she'll get to the level that was previously her maximum much faster (if her max at time A was 100, and her max at time B is 500, then at time B she'll get to 100 much faster than she would at time A).
I think he means that as she fights with her power, her Wyvern form will simply be stronger. So at time A, her max is 100, bu the end of the fight, she is now at 150. At time B, she changes and is automatically at what had been 150, the end of the fight would see her at 200. Time C, she starts at 200, etc.

Sort of like XP, eventually, she is going to be permanently stronger than canon Lung, but it is going to take a long time.

In some ways she already is stronger than canon Lung.

She gets flight from the get-go and that fire-breath of hers is extremely deadly to everyone up to and including Brockton Bay's Brutes. Even Glory Girl would fall to a fire breath and claw swipe combo. The most probable way to kill her is to hit her with an anti-aircraft missile while she's distracted and with her enhanced senses even that's prone to failure.

on the villains... They remind me of a certain classical duo, so I must say this next bit

They're Winston and The Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger

"Didn't you used to be shorter?"

Congrats, Amy, you'll be able to rid her bareback in a few months (then she can take you flying)

Maybe like an rpg hero leveling, either needing more experience with each level or getting less experience with each level; or both

I think we all got that.

However, given that they're both female, the joke doesn't quite work, given the lack of need for a condom :p
I think most of the thread got it, but I wasn't sure if Godzillahomer got the joke. Unless they were also being humorous and I missed it, which would mean that the joke was on me.

And just because Amy and Taylor are both girls doesn't mean that they shouldn't use protection and practice safe sex. Especially considering how Amy's powers could be used. We don't want any half-wyvern babies running around.

I think most of the thread got it, but I wasn't sure if Godzillahomer got the joke. Unless they were also being humorous and I missed it, which would mean that the joke was on me.

And just because Amy and Taylor are both girls doesn't mean that they shouldn't use protection and practice safe sex. Especially considering how Amy's powers could be used. We don't want any half-wyvern babies running around.
Well you might not...

My screech managed to put across the question why are you asking me? fairly effectively; she grinned sheepishly. "I keep forgetting you can't talk," she replied apologetically. "Let's see; the ABB are fun to play with, but Inago and Oni Lee are both raving mad nutcases and Aunt Sarah would make Mom ground me for a week if I even risked meeting them on your first patrol."
Kenta is that you?

Actually thinking on it fire is likely one of the things she would avoid, constant damage effect? If her shield drops she's in for a whole lot of trouble if she's on fire.

Actually thinking on it fire is likely one of the things she would avoid, constant damage effect? If her shield drops she's in for a whole lot of trouble if she's on fire.
Problem is, you kinda need to burn to be on fire, I'd say. So if her shield doesn't just drop from it, which is unlikely without significant force, it would just snuff out again after most of her clothes are gone.

Problem is, you kinda need to burn to be on fire, I'd say. So if her shield doesn't just drop from it, which is unlikely without significant force, it would just snuff out again after most of her clothes are gone.
iirc, her clothes tend to be protected by her field.

iirc, her clothes tend to be protected by her field.
Eh, only her bodysuit. So maybe her underwear would stay, but normal clothes would just burn up.
Prey 14.5 said:
Crawler got close enough for Glory Girl to swing a punch. She took the bait and swung, then twisted in mid-air to deliver a kick. He pulled just out of reach of both hits, then opened his mouth to retch spittle and bile all over her.
It had the same effect on her costume that it did on Cache, only far, far faster. In moments, she was down to the skin-tight costume she wore beneath her white and gold dress, her forcefield protecting her.

If Vicky were bathed in fire, then she'd be in danger from the sort of attack that hurts Vicky, that is a damage-over-time effect combined with a one-off hit to knock down her forcefield.

However, given her forcefield, it shouldn't be possible to set her on fire. The forcefield wouldn't burn. You'd need napalm, or something.

If Vicky were bathed in fire, then she'd be in danger from the sort of attack that hurts Vicky, that is a damage-over-time effect combined with a one-off hit to knock down her forcefield.

However, given her forcefield, it shouldn't be possible to set her on fire. The forcefield wouldn't burn. You'd need napalm, or something.
What about heat transfer through the shield while her clothes burn? It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd assume she'd get some nasty burns even without a shield drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back