• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

I think it's already there as part of XF2 -- you can see the "eye" icon in the header of posts with invisitext.
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Doesn't seem to be, at least on the tablet version, this post has invstext but I don't see any eye icon.
Check the upper right hand corner of your post by the share and bookmark buttons (to the left of the post number), yours has it. Just click the eye.

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Check the upper right hand corner of your post by the share and bookmark buttons (to the left of the post number), yours has it. Just click the eye.
Not for me.

9cahAxV.png

Edit: well damn that's annoying, can you see this imgur post when you quote me?

Overall I think the change has gone well. I have some small tweaks but nothing major really.

If possible a link added to the drop down bar that takes you immediately to all watched threads instead of just all unread watched threads.

Also once you like a post, for the text on the like button to say "unlike" so it's clearer beyond just being bold

Ah.

Doesn't work on my phone either. Could be absent on the light skin? But that's a default skin to the best of my knowledge, meaning it should be present.
Yeah, I just checked and "Light" and "Dark" don't have the eye for some reason. Default, the Blackened variants, and Lightened all show it.

The Light and Dark skins have always had missing features (they didn't display tags in XF1, for example).

There still isn't a way to replicate the lost functionality of Find in Page for 'Threadmark' being able to find threadmarks regardless of category.

There still isn't a way to replicate the lost functionality of Find in Page for 'Threadmark' being able to find threadmarks regardless of category.
That was an unintended function to begin with, even on XF1 that was a QQ only thing, SB and SV did not do that.

Yeah it was nice to be able to text-search on a page for ">>" and jump right to a threadmark.

Unfortunate UX reduction in favor of pretty arrow.

Yeah, I just checked and "Light" and "Dark" don't have the eye for some reason. Default, the Blackened variants, and Lightened all show it.

The Light and Dark skins have always had missing features (they didn't display tags in XF1, for example).
You know, I was really just about to express my confusion about the missing eye, but now it makes sense. You're running Dark Mode aren't you, Tank Man? Just a heads up if you are, the blackened styles have better contrast. And apparently more features.

You know, I was really just about to express my confusion about the missing eye, but now it makes sense. You're running Dark Mode aren't you, Tank Man? Just a heads up if you are, the blackened styles have better contrast. And apparently more features.
Ah, no, I run Light Mode. As Xon intended, QQ is light and SB/SV is dark.

I just wanted to check, is there any update on if this issue is being addressed at all?

I'm having an odd issue on the mobile version of the site. If I open an alert in a new tab (which I usually do, since I often get 20+ alerts at one time) then when I open the page, it's scrolled to the very bottom of the page. I have to refresh the page again to have it jump to the right post. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on Android, using Firefox as my browser if that helps.

Because I'm still having this problem whenever I try to go to QQ on my phone, and it's been about four and a half months since I first posted about the issue.

I just wanted to check, is there any update on if this issue is being addressed at all?

Because I'm still having this problem whenever I try to go to QQ on my phone, and it's been about four and a half months since I first posted about the issue.

I experience the same thing, I am also using Firefox on Android.

Is anyone else having problems with the site functionality on the desktop version?

Please, for the love of god extend Editing grace period to five minutes before adding THIS POSTED WAS EDITED BY.

please i beg you

Never, you must always bear the terrible forever-shame of having noticed a typo you made only after you posted. :V

But more seriously, yes, please extend. Pls.
I three hundred thirty-third this motion. Five minutes was short, but reasonable. One minute is just insanity. I'm not the Flash, people! Wish I had his powers, it'd be nice to be able to leisurely get cleaning done at Mach WTF!? and have all the time I needed to think about how to write, but I don't so I must reluctantly abide by my mortal limitations.

Yeah, I still have only two major problems with the update:

1. The edit display timer is far too tight. Three to five minutes is far more sensible.

2. Emails still don't display any content, which causes major problems. I don't need the whole 20k word story post in my email, but at least some of the actual message would be nice so gmail doesn't count new alerts as duplicate and make everything five forms of convoluted. Also knowing what exactly you're clicking on, author comment vs story post or whatnot would be much better than the current ambiguity.

Had a weird issue while investigating someone on discord that said they've been waiting 49 days for their account to be verified.

I had several tabs open that were logged in on forum.questionablequesting.com, but when I typed and visited questionablequesting.com I was not logged in. The not-logged-in state persisted while clicking into public forums.

Their account name was CodeKingu, dunno if their delay in verification could be investigated at the same time?

I had several tabs open that were logged in on forum.questionablequesting.com, but when I typed and visited questionablequesting.com I was not logged in. The not-logged-in state persisted while clicking into public forums.

questionablequesting.com and forum.questionablequesting.com are separate instances of the site, login status is not shared between the two.

Yeah, I got that. Was wondering if it was a bug to have two routes that don't share the same state.
The issue is on your browser's side. The way the site tracks if you're logged in by giving your browser a cookie that says that you're logged in and what user you are, and your browser automatically includes that every time it requests a page so the server knows what user to generate the page for. The problem is, for security, your browser will not send a cookie set by one site to any other site, and as far as your browser is concerned, 'forum.questionablequesting.com' and 'questionablequesting.com' are different sites. (And if that seems silly, well, in this case it is! But on the other hand, 'bleach.fandom.com' and 'naruto.fandom.com' are two very different sites with separate logins and everything.)

Now, in theory, there is a solution: cross-origin resource sharing, or CORS. Basically, when QQ first sends your browser the cookie, it can include a thing that explicitly says 'and these other sites are allowed to use this cookie even though they aren't the one that created it'. However, that would be a backend thing that would have to be added into Xenforo2, not something the QQ admins can do.

When I try to browse my own history, whenever I make a new post in another tab and in the History tab I click on (for example) page 33, the History will jump back to page 1. Is this standard with Xenforo2, where it auto-resets your History to page 1 every time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back