• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

[X] Focus on Socializing
[X] Search for the remaining Fragments of the Sessho-seki Stone, (Can be taken twice)
[X] Search for the remaining Fragments of the Sessho-seki Stone, (Can be taken twice) x2

Aaah, burningclaw2 , looks like you forgot to put the combat skills addition in the character sheet.

You know, considering the stone will be most likely to be chosen, I just want to pre-rolled it.:D

[X] Focus on Socializing
[X] Search for the remaining Fragments of the Sessho-seki Stone, (Can be taken twice)
[X] Search for Shuten-Doji

X] Focus on Socializing
[X] Search for the remaining Fragments of the Sessho-seki Stone, (Can be taken twice) x2

[X] Focus on Socializing

[X] Focus on Socializing

Kind of tempted to do independent study focusing on smithing since we haven't seen a way to raise that yet, but socializing will likely help us get along better with the shamen we are going to have to fight later. Well we can do that next year if needed.

Also for Work as a Manga Artist would that give us a 1 time payment, or get us a 1 time payment with potential royalties later if our manga becomes a success? Trying to figure out if that or working as a diviner is better for earning money for us.

X] Focus on Socializing

[X] Focus on Socializing

[X] Focus on Socializing
[X] Work as a Manga Artist

...You'll have to wait, I'm not editing that again besides we all know you lot are gonna go for the sessho-seki.
I'm going for the Manga Artist. Well, Manga Artis and the Sessho-seki.
Also for Work as a Manga Artist would that give us a 1 time payment, or get us a 1 time payment with potential royalties later if our manga becomes a success? Trying to figure out if that or working as a diviner is better for earning money for us.
Diviner would probably be better for money, but manga artist would be more fun. Also, if we make a huge hit, like DBZ or Naruto, we'd probably be rolling in cash. Akira Toriyama has a net worth of 45 million, and Kishimoto has 20 million. Of course, we'd also have deadlines, so there's that.

Last edited:
I think we would need a lot higher imagination and art skill to make a big hit like DBZ or Naruto. That said enough crits and it might still happen, but I wouldn't expect it. I was asking because even if we only make a moderate success it could still be selling a couple of years down the line, potentially netting Yoh more money. I just wanted to know if that was going to be a thing here, or if it would be a 1 time income kind of deal just to make things simpler for the QM.

Also for some reason I didn't get an alert when you quoted me. Weird.

We're really fucking powerful in terms of Shaman stuff anyway. I mean, powerful spirit, oversoul, lotsa Furyoku... I think we can safely focus on other things now.

[X] Focus on Socializing

Well, Hao could manipulate all five elements, and we are at his level now. I don't think he needed to use an oversoul to do it either. Shouldn't we be able to do the same now?
We have all the elements of Hao, and Hao used them only to change the element of his Oversoul, so it's possibly the best one can do.
It's probably possible to use them without OS, but I don't know if Hao ever used it in the manga outside statements where it said so.
It's also possible that when burning wrote it he meant "alter your attacks" as using the elements for our techniques outside OS.
I suppose we will need his answer: instead, I'm curios if we can have the curse reflection Technique used by both Anna and Hao.

Last edited:
[X] Focus on Socializing

[X] Focus on Socializing

We have all the elements of Hao, and Hao used them only to change the element of his Oversoul, so it's possibly the best one can do.
It's probably possible to use them without OS, but I don't know if Hao ever used it in the manga outside statements where it said so.
It's also possible that when burning wrote it he meant "alter your attacks" as using the elements for our techniques outside OS.
I suppose we will need his answer: instead, I'm curios if we can have the curse reflection Technique used by both Anna and Hao.
Yeah, maybe our Chi Attacks and Spirit Leaves can be altered to be on fire or something.

[X] Focus on Socializing

Sorry for the double post but I think we are overlooking something very important. Shuten-Doji is one of the Three Great Evil Yokai. We currently have two of the three as guardian spirits. We could probably get all three and have the power to use all three at once.

Who was the last one again?

The last update doesn't have a threadmark.

I think we would need a lot higher imagination and art skill to make a big hit like DBZ or Naruto.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Our Art is over half-way maxed, and while our Imagination is a bit below half, we could supplement it by making a manga that uses stuff from Shamanism. We would probably get a bonus to rolls, with that. Might even be able to come up with some new techniques, by coming up with stuff for the characters of the mang to do. Admittedly, we should probably increase our Writing skill a bit, before trying to make a manga. Maybe do some more art practice, and write some short stories?

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Our Art is over half-way maxed, and while our Imagination is a bit below half, we could supplement it by making a manga that uses stuff from Shamanism. We would probably get a bonus to rolls, with that. Might even be able to come up with some new techniques, by coming up with stuff for the characters of the mang to do. Admittedly, we should probably increase our Writing skill a bit, before trying to make a manga. Maybe do some more art practice, and write some short stories?

If we use our knowledge of Shamanism to make a manga we had best use a pen name in case someone gets upset by it. Can I suggest Hiroyuki Takei? I think it would be really amusing.

Sorry for the double post but I think we are overlooking something very important. Shuten-Doji is one of the Three Great Evil Yokai. We currently have two of the three as guardian spirits. We could probably get all three and have the power to use all three at once.
We already knew that, in fact it was our plan all along since we got Tamamo lol.
What we should focus on are the mediums: the other two Japan's Regalia and Futsu No Mitama of our family.
I also wouldn't dislike having Nurarihyon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back