• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You Won A Town. Crowfather.

Brad dashes towards the library and goes inside. Once he enters, he looks around for anyone who looks like they know what they're doing. Taking out his camera, he shifts it to display mode and goes up to whomever he sees.

The Crow man just sorta poofs into a bunch of feathers and reappears a good few feet away.

"Oy, Hands to yourself. And magic."

The fiery ghost secretary writes it down for it's mistress.

WESTWARD HO!

The scenery changes as they march on. Instead of the wild plant life that grew randomly in the area things are becoming more structured. Trees growing in rows, seems you found an orchard. I think you've found someone. But by the way those trees look? It's not going to be one of the first wave of survivors. Considering those trees look to be over a hundred years old? So yeah. I'm noting that you could go and pick those apples. I'd not recommend it. But you could.

You could continue to look this place over. Or you could continue on? Choices Choices.

Have to wonder what's keeping pests away however.

Brad spots someone hanging upside down from the second floor railing looking down on him. Well not him in particularly, but at a book. Guy is weird.

"Hey! Weird dude! What the hell are you doing? And can you tell me about the creatures in these pictures?"

Looking around, Mori stops to feel the ground again, wondering if he can pick up on anything by doing so. "I don't much know plant life, don't mind admitting that, so I gotta ask... Do either of you know a thing about whether this being here is good or bad? Because I really don't rightly know."

"Day 1, 2:35 town time. We have encountered a structured farmlands area within walking distance of the portal. Perhaps these are one of the survivors, perhaps not. Regardless, the occupant or occupants are likely to be a useful resource for the town's development. We shall investigate further."

Adeline checks Secretary's notes for accuracy then proceeds through the orchard. She instructs her guards, Alpha and Beta, to look to her left and right for signs of a central building while they walk forward. Secretary will look backwards in case of a sign of ambush, and Adeline will look forward if that wasn't obvious enough.

Hensworth glances around the orchard. Not as many bugs as he thought there would be. "Perhaps we should keep moving. Seems a bit too quiet for my liking. Maybe we should just keep goin'?" He listens to Adeline anyway, walking at her left and keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Alpha looks puzzled. Who is this angry sounding woman ordering him around? Him... Alpha nods. He's definitely a 'him'. He looks to the shoulder man for confirmation. Hensworth glances at the minion. "Oh, she was talking to both of us." Alpha is more than a little confused.

Recovering rather quickly from the face-plant brought on by a sudden lack of support, Damien simply shakes his head as if to knock a stray thought loose before he begins approaching the avian humanoid once more looking quite apologetic.

"Sorry about that, I just can't help myself sometimes when there's something extraordinary to be learned. As I was saying before, my name is Damien, and I just arrived here today. I was exploring the town when your birds started...well, the only real term I can use is stalking me, which led to us meeting. And on that matter, would you be so kind as share your name and what your doing in this town of...now that I think of it, I never did catch it's name."

The man looks at Brad.

"Well if I had the book of monsters I could tell you more. For the most part these are common monsters for the area. Well save for one. That one is interesting. "

He points to the one you thought was a baby ent.

"This is an entling. They haven't been seen in ages. Mostly because the Entwives have been missing. This is good news."

The man frowns.

"I forgot to introduce myself didn't I? I'm Thoth, this is my library. Also if you want to find out who has the book I could tell you. I do know where every single one of my books are after all."

Elsewhere with the Trio

A voice pipes up from somewhere in the orchard.

"Personally I think the Orchard is a good thing. Means we keep fed. Now the question is, what are you doing in my family's orchard?"

You spot the man now.

A tallish man that looks to be about forty years old. He looks rather rakish and his grin is disturbing. Reminds you of a predator looking down on prey.

With Damien.

The man shrugs.

"Well the town's name is Mysthome. Last I checked anyways. And the reasons the crows are following you? Your the only human in town. And for my name? I'm a Tengu, but my name is Rook. My reason for being here? I want to know what happened here. I enjoy puzzles. And this is one of the bigger one in the realms."

Re: You Won A Town. Hello Marrok.

Hensworth turns to the man. A tall fellow that looks a tad younger than him. He takes a step forward, clearing his throat. "Ahrm. Yes, about that. You see my good sir, we were simply passing on through. We had heard about some... corruption I think, that has tainted the land. We did not mean to trespass on your family's land. I suppose it would be in our best interest to skedaddle, right you two?"

Alpha glances over at the tall man. More of these creatures? More... people. Yes, that's what they're called. He looks down at his hands, then at the others. He's not a person. He's different. But why?

When Adeline spots the man, she quickly brushes off dirt and dust from her suit and takes a more formal stance. Secretary hands her some documents, which she then passes to him.

"Hello sir, I am Mayor Adeline Masters of the town Mysthome. I am among a group of 5 currently working to rebuild the town from its remains and searching the portal realms for those scattered by the cataclysm of the town's past. You or your ancestors may have been farmers within the town; these documents are proof of its continued existence in a habitable state, as well as my rank of authority."

"Now, as an owner of food resources, I am formally requesting you to resume the work of your family by delivering your wares to Mysthome for barter. In addition to providing a source of income, the food supplies are likely to help in keeping the town nourished for when others return, and providing more services for you and your family to take advantage of. You may find the portal to the east of your orchard, which I assure is safe and free from any doom you or your ancestors may have experienced."

Adeline takes out a town map with land plot zoning and blank spaces for the names of returning residents. She hands this to the man as well. "Tell me sir, do you know of any land in the town you or your ancestors may have held? We can have the area prepared immediately for your use or return to citizenship."

Last edited by a moderator:

Blinking at the rush of words from Adeline's mouth, Adam shakes his head before turning back to the stranger. "Pleasure to meet ya. 'M Adam Mori. Gravedigger by profession though I've done some building work in my days." At this, Mori holds his hand out for a hand shake. "And Hensworth speaks the truth. We're out wandering around cause we have been advised to do so, though we would be quite grateful to ya if you know anything about the corruption or folks what may have fled from Mysthome some hundred or so years ago." He continues, looking calmly and politely at the stranger.

"Well, what have you found out? Does it relate to what happened here or where everyone went? Maybe you found a clue on how to reverse it? What do you mean it's a puzzle?" Rook looks vaguely disturbed as Damien continues to rattle off questions while scribbling madly on a notepad. Damn it, I think he's gonna need another smack to bring him out of it.

"Are you talking about the book that that other guy had? The talking one? I think they went where this entling is."

Taking a pause, Brad thinks for a moment. Then he asks,"Thoth... what happened to these entwives? Why did they disappear?"

With Hensworth and the others.

The man changes when he hears the word corruption. It's not subtle in the least. His eyes turn golden and those teeth of his get a lot more dangerous.

"We've heard of the Corruption. I lost one of my siblings to it."

And the man is caught off guard by Adeline's barrage of words. And the changes go away.

"Mysthome? That's an old name. Well I was never a resident. Born here I'm afraid. Ol' Grandfather Wulf would know the exact placement of everything but we may be able to oblige. Is the forest around that area still as desolate as it was back then?"

Shaking Adam's hand the man finally introduces himself.

"I'm Marrok. I'll speak of the survivors first as that's a much better news to hear. From what I can tell, There were several groups that went into this realm. My family being one of the first that popped in here from what we can tell. That and considering the fact that everyone came after us. That we know of. There's an ancient civilization in those forests. And I'm not sure if those are from residents or from people here before. There is a town east of here that popped up around 150 years ago."

"And now for the Bad news. The Corruption is not pretty. What it does to people, let me take that back, beings would be a better word. It devours them and recreates them. A twisted shadow of whatever it was. And the reason people left? Hell if I know. Just know that Grandfather doesn't want to talk about it. And if he doesn't want to, then it's bad."

Damien

Rook begins to speak.

"I've not found out much. I know most of the people went into portals into other realms. But the puzzle is Why? Why did this town suddenly become Hell on Earth. Why did the Town become so Negative on the Magic scale. It's an interesting set of questions. But here's something to think on. Whatever did this? It did it in one night. No bodies left. Just the scars."

Brad

"Why yes I am. It's with Damien. And to why the entwives disappeared? No one knows. Not even the Ents. It's why people have searched so hard. But if you can find that Entling and bring it to an Ent? Maybe they can find out."

"The forest has... a bit of a slime infestation. Maybe worse. We can attempt to clear out an area for your occupation given a bit of time. We are still getting the cobwebs and dust here and there."

Adeline makes a few marks on the forest area to note interest by the farmers and forwards the information to Secretat. "Tell me, is Mr. Wulf available to speak to? As a former resident, he might have a particular interest in this information."

Hensworth nods."It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Marrok. Yes, as Miss Adeline here said, we are the co-owners of the town and we're here to help fix it up. It would be quite the pleasure to be able to speak with your grandfather. Perhaps it would give us the chance to collaborate and possibly figure out a way to combat this 'Corruption'."

Alpha looked around. He kept hearing the word 'corruption'. It sounded bad. Dangerous. The way the tall man acted when he heard it only served to further Alpha's thoughts. He hoped the shoulder man would protect him.

"Rather unfortunately, yes. As best we can tell the forest is still in a rather dreadful state. Part of why we're roaming this here realm. Hoping to find sommat that can fix." Adam states plainly, noting Marrok's firm handshake. "And thank ya kindly for the information. Just one more question outta me for the moment. Is there anything apart from the corruption we should be a watchin' out for in this here realm?"

-----------------------------

The minions stumble around town, unsure of what to do, only knowing the tasks last given to them. One of them, in his bumbling, knocks over a trashcan. And on the pile is a piece of paper, obviously ripped from an english to french dictionary. This one picks the paper up and looks at it, trying to read. And it decides that this is its name. It is Aider, the one who assists its fellows. And it turns to them, noticing how lost they are, and looks back to the paper. Calmly walking over to the one carrying the hammer trying to fix the broken shards of glass into a bottle again, Aider shakes it gently and points out a name on the paper. This one is now Parer, who mends the broken things. Parer stops mending the bottle shards for it now knows that it is a futile task. And Aider goes to the others, one by one, showing them their new names. Netto, who cleans the area so that the others might work more effectively. Bris, who smashes apart obstacles and materials so that they can be put to better use. And finally Recher, who searches out things that must be noticed. The group form up behind Aider and wander off into the city, no less certain of what they should do but more aware of what they can do. And Recher goes ahead, eyes open for anything he and his brothers could do.

"... So I know I shouldn't be asking this, since Rebecca told me they were bad news... but do you have anything on oozes and how they could be formed? Apparently its a larger slime, but something like a slime shouldn't be able to hold together if it's too large, which was what I got from Rebecca..."

"Or really anything on magic theory actually. Knowing how any of this is even possible would be awesome."

Damien sighed. This entire town was one riddle after another. He could see why the crowman was greatly interested in this mess.

"Well scars can be mended, can't they? How much of an impact could a couple hundred years of damage leave on the area?"

With the Trio of H,A,M.

An extremely large man clears his throat from behind you. While Marrok looks like a predator, this man screams wolf at you. His frame is covered with battle scars and his hair is grey.

"I'm here. So you are the young pups suckered into fixing up the wreck that we left behind? Hah. But don't worry about the forest too much. We still have this place. It's more for the fact that we have Lycanthropy. It's a good place to avoid people during that time of month. One thing however miss I have a condition for you. My great grandson comes with you back to the Town."

Wulf takes a step to the side and you see him. While the other two looked off this one actually is looking extremely feral and wild.

"My grandson here has issues with the two moons. Even during the day he can still feel them. I remember the old world only having one so it shouldn't bother him as much."

Looking towards Adam.

"Nothing really that I could think of. The normal monsters here for the most part. I've hear rumors of something big rumbling through the forest but for the most part that's just rumor. But I agree with Ms Adeline's terms."

Terms accepted. Portal Zone Activated.

A new portal has opened up. You now have Access to Lycan Farms from the portal menu.

With the Earth Minions

What's this now?

Aider becomes more smooth. Just a little bit.
Parer's hands become a bit more complex.
Bris's arms shift slightly.
Recher's legs shift to a more movement oriented way.
Netto's body gains a bit of mass.

With Brad.

Thoth just stares at him.

"I guess I'm going to have to get it into you head why oozes are a bad thing. Reason 1. Unlike a slime that has a limit before it divides and stops eating for a while it has no such limit. It just continues to grow with each organic material consumed. Reason 2. Slimes are relatively weak and will answer to a slime queen, lord, or king. The Ooze has no such bindings. Reason 3. Oozes are known to eat towns."

"Now on to the fun bit. If you want to learn Magical Theory. Then we've got to set you up with some fun things. Well normally I'd force you into using the minion spell but you don't have that yet. So I've got to go get somethings. Also you have this paperwork to fill out. So that you can use the Library's services. But I'll make sure you understand this to an extent before I'm through with you."

Thoth is smiling.

Damien

Rook smiles at you.

"Of course they can be mended. The issue is with what. You need a large source of magic to counter the effects this has on the place. But I'll let you go for now. I suspect you have things to do. But if you need to contact me have this."

Damien has gained Crow Wing Coin.

Toss it into the air and Rook will appear.

Hopefully.

As long you are in the same realm as him anyways.

Since I know you want to go there anyways. Damien is now at the apartment block.

"You want me to do paperwork?... Bring it on motherfucker."

Brad takes a pen and... fills everything out in a blur. He does not take challenges lightly. He then pulls out the rake, and stands with one side facing Thoth.

"You want to teach me about Magic theory? I learn best by doing. Let's go."

Adeline looks at the boy, clearly more nervous of him then the entirety of the family's elders. She quickly hides her fear in her charts, looking for a land plot out of the way from the rest of the town. "I will have a house prepared for your grandson posthaste. If you will give me a moment..."

The buisnesswoman steps a bit to the side to bark commands into her minion management watch system. "Alright, listen up! First resident, I want a house on the edge of the forest in liveable condition by the time he has his bags packed! Courier! Rally any otherwise unoccupied local minions to repair the house. See if you can lead any reconstruction efforts to focus there first as well. Maid! Scour the town for interior furnishings to bring to the house. Tidy it up so the inside looks cleaner than out. Eins! Zwei! Go! Your manual labor is best served in construction than following me around for now. Make sure to do a lot of heavy lifting to bulk up. Get to it, all of you!"

Adeline returns, hand forward towards Grandpa Wulf. Have your grandson pack. We will be ready for him shortly. Pleasure doing business with you."

Mori nods at Wulf's words and smiles. "Thank you very much for all your help sir. We greatly and rightly appreciate it and any future assistance you might care to provide. Take care and have a good day of it." He says gratefully.

Then noticing Adeline sending out orders, Adam pulls out his own watch, fiddles with it a bit, and then calmly gives out his orders. "Alright boyos, listen up. I don't know if you've found yourselves names yet. I apologize for not giving you names properly myself. That tweren't fair of me. But I'd greatly appreciate it if you went and helped Miss Adeline's minions fix up that house on the edge of the forest and get it in tip top shape before our new resident shows up. And if you can't, don't worry yourselves too much. Just do the job as best you can. Alright boyos. Get to it."

And that done, Adam puts the watch away and waits politely and patiently for the new arrival.
============================

Aider and the others hear Adam's voice, though entirely unsure from where. They desire to tell him their new names but they understand that it can wait. For a job needs to be done. As one, they move to the designated location and get to work.

First, Recher searches the area, top to bottom, marking things with different colors so that the others might know what jobs need doing and where. Then, Netto gets to work next, cleaning the area so that the work will be safer. Bris then breaks down everything that has been marked, but carefully, slowly, so as not to cause undue harm to the structure. After all of this, Parer fixes everything he can, making it better than it was, into a state one could consider livable. And Aider helps his brothers, for they are all in the job together and will see it through.

Hensworth extends his arm, shaking hands with Wulf. "It is a pleasure doing business with you sir. We'll take care of your grandson to the best of our abilities and hopefully, in time, restore the town to it's former glory. You have my word, you'll be welcome there any time. Right fellows?"

Alpha mimics Hensworth's movements. It's called something. He's done it before. A... handshake? That must be it. What else could the word mean? He recoiled slightly at the sight of the feral boy. It feels... dangerous. Yes, dangerous. Like... like it would lash out at him or something. Alpha readied himself, standing legs apart, arms held forward in a natural fighting stance. This confused him, causing him to retract his limbs and stare at them. Fighting... was he made for fighting?

Stumbling as the world shifts around him, Damien loses his footing and falls onto something soft and cushioning. As the disorientation passes, it's quickly identified as a simple but large bed, in a mildly furnished room. Getting to his feet and beginning a exploration of his new local, Damien quickly discovers a bathroom, kitchen, and a living area with a large desk, and all of his possessions currently stacked up next to it. Closer examination of the desk uncovers a small stack of papers underneath a small business card.

Picking up the card, the first thing noticed is a logo and name that while easily recognizable, proves to be unreadable in its current format. Flipping it to the back reveals more of the same text, save for a single line of text.

"Initialize minion construction, default settings, establish mental link? What the hell does that mean?"

Before he can try and puzzle out more of the strange text, the card suddenly looses a blazing heat in his hand, causing him to yelp and fling it away. Rather then falling to the floor however, it remains floating in the air before releasing a sudden blinding flash.

As Damien's sight slowly recovers the light condenses into a set of five glowing lights. Regaining full sight in time to witness bits and pieces of metal, wiring, even a few gears and electrical components from his bags, all floating over to the lights and forming themselves into a orb surrounding each one. Slowly the orbs shift and morph, gradually revealing the orb of light as they form arms and legs, a single red eye staring out of a small dome formed as the apparent head of the body. Hands, complete with fingers form out of the stumps of the arms, a single large gear coming to rest on the back of each hand, slowly rotating with no apparent cause. The stumps of the legs shudder as they suddenly burst, reforming into a pair of dactyl style feet. Construction seemingly complete, the five mechanical creatures come to rest on the ground, the lights that had created them now solidified as a glowing yellow core visible in the center of their mass.

As they begin looking around, their gaze comes to rest on Damien. And he hears a voice...only...no sound was emitted. Yet through out his head, he hears the echo of five voices stating "Greetings Master, how may we assist you?"

With Brad

"My aren't you the little warrior. I certainly could beat magical theory into your thick skull if I felt like it. But I believe in a proper education, unlike my brothers."

He makes a small gesture and chains pull Brad into a chair and bind him down.

"I was giving you the chance to go get the Minion Spell and the Inventory that I know was stored into your apartment so you could start with something. But it seems that I'm going to have to work hard for this particular lesson."

Thoth begins walking around.

"First lesson is a simple one. All magic revolves around a [Concept] from a Fire Elementalist's [Fire] to an Illusionist's [Deception]. Each magic is built from a concept. From there some have added to themselves more and more concepts. For example a Necromancer, You think he'd only have death? You'd be wrong. He's got [Death], [Life], [Soul], and so on. Most amatuer mages focus on a single thing and that until they understand it remain weak. That's it for lesson one. Oh and bring the rest of the mayors here later. You've just voluntered them for remedial magic traning."

Thoth releases Brad and teleports him to his apartment.

With the Trio

You got a Resident.
Merrick, Lunar Knight.

You fixed Forest Side house.

You gained Farm Trade
Town Food Source Up
Money Up
Mayor's gained 100G each

What now oh Trio of adventurers?

Damien has finally got minions.

What?

"Well now folks. I'm thinking we got a few choices here. We can head on back or we can head out to that there forest and see what it is has been making a ruckus there lately. Personally, given we ain't in no dire situation at the present, I'm all for heading to the forest." Adam says, stretching his neck a bit. "However, I'll stick with you two if'n ya decides to head elsewheres. So just let me know what ya think on this matter. Till then I'll just be standing here admiring the sunshine and air."

===================

Recher was trying his best to leap from rooftop to rooftop. He... Hadn't quite gotten it yet but felt he could, despite his comrades urging him to stop lest he hurt himself. In the middle of one such failure, Recher crashes through the ceiling of one of the more ruined, yet less magical buildings. Looking around him in awe, Recher feels something welling up inside him. Had he a mouth, he would smile. However, he knows his comrades are outside worrying about him, so Recher does not dally long, instead immediately rushing out to his comrades, just in time to stop Bris from breaking a hole in a wall out of panic and worry. After a brief argument with Aider about his recklessness, Recher finally gets his comrades inside the building. And when they see what he points out, they immediately stop worrying and get to work. For there are many many ruined buildings in the town, and they have a job to do.

"Did...did you just talk to me...in my head?"

'Affirmative. Default configuration does not allow for vocal communication. Mental link needed for efficient operations. What orders do you have for this unit?'

Letting out a slightly relieved sigh, Damien gives orders to follow him. He's been wandering around doing almost nothing long enough now.

"We're going to the lake, and check out the area around it before heading into the forest. On the way there I'd like you to elaborate on your capabilities and purpose."

Hensworth cracks his knuckles. "I say we continue on! There's nothing stopping us and frankly, it's not like we have much else to do. We've already discovered some of the old residents and it will probably only get better. So lets get our rears in gear and head off!" He stands tall, chest puffed out.

Alpha puffs his chest out too. Adventure. The word pops into his head. He must be getting them from somewhere... He turns to look at the shoulder man. Hensworth. That's his name. Hensworth. He's... getting words from this man. He's the good guy, so it's okay. It's just strange. Alpha turns to look at the forest. Adventure. That's what waits out there for them. For him. Adventure.

Satisfied with a job well done, Adeline recalls Eins and Zwei to her service. They will be exploring the forest to the north for lumber materials and to make things bleed. Need to be fit for taking on house traitors after all. And monsters? Guiltless targets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back