• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] Combat.
-[X] Have a flyer get us in the air or get Mr. Twister on the ground. Since we can't mess with the tubes, then we can mess with the harness he's wearing for the wind generators. We can try melting it off him or just converting it into an explosive. If that fails, then we can try messing with the components in the wind generators on his wrists to take away his main weapon and make our escape while they finish him off.

[X] Combat.
-[X] Have a flyer get us in the air or get Mr. Twister on the ground. Since we can't mess with the tubes, then we can mess with the harness he's wearing for the wind generators. We can try melting it off him or just converting it into an explosive. If that fails, then we can try messing with the components in the wind generators on his wrists to take away his main weapon and make our escape while they finish him off.

[X] Combat.

[X] Combat.

Happy Harbor, Rhode Island- July 18, 11: 29 EDT, Hartford, Connecticut- July 18, 11: 14 EDT
[X] Combat.

Happy Harbor, Rhode Island- July 18, 11: 29 EDT

"Who here can fly?" The dark costumed girl gestures her spear at M'gann.

"Superboy can almost fly," M'gann says. The half-Kryptonian demonstrates by leaping at the enemy again.

"She's it for real flier." Echo moves suddenly, leaping out of the way of a wind blast.

"Can you get me to his back?" You ask.

M'gann chews her lip. "Not safely.

"Is it safer than getting killed by Mr. Twister?" You gesture at him and another crack appears boiling in his arm, but it doesn't seem to slow him down. "I might be able to break off his harness if I can get close enough or if he can be still long enough."

M'gann suddenly grins. "I have a better idea." This did not bode well. "Let's go." She grabs you and the two of you are off. You're held firmly, you barely feel like you're moving. Then you're in the air as another empty car leaps up. She keeps the two of you moving constantly, and you realize she is stabilizing the distance between you and Mr. Twister. That can let you focus.

The harness begins to disintegrate and melt under your gaze The explosion of lightning that strikes seconds later causes you to blackout for a minute. When you come to Mr. Twister is on the ground, facing off against all four. You get up to run.

"Nope." A slightly altered voice says. Someone in gray urban camoflague is standing near you. His chest is armored and thick, and he has an large helmet to cover his face and head. His extremities are bound in spandex similar to that worn by the two girls or in Superboy's fake jeans.

"Who are you supposed to be?" You ask.

He lifts up his arms and you see long gauntlets covering them, though the gloves look like simple spandex. Something moves out of them too fast for you to register anything but light, and you hear a loud sound from Mr. Twister. Glancing back you see one of his arms is hanging loose.

"Call me Lore, Figment." You creep away as your illusion babbles about the scary Mr. Twister. "I said no." the same flash of light takes off a part of your shoe without you even feeling a scratch.

"What are you?" The obvious thing would be to dissolve his gauntlets and helmet, but that would be very noticeable.

He is silent for a moment. "I'm a Freak on probation. Don't make me angry, please."

This is bad. Unbelievably bad. "How could I make you angry? I just want to help." You try to be as sincere as possible.

"My sister didn't join the Team because of you." His voice is less altered, sadder.

"I'm sorry about your sister. I was hurting and I was scared." You are a bit relieved. When you met a Green telepath you were afraid that M'gann had been shapeshifted and was the girl you had hurt in Star City.

"You are sorry." The statement is bitter.

The two of you watch Mr. Twister be torn apart by the fury of the four young heroes.

"Can I go?" You ask softly.

"I could arrest you," Lore sounds tired. "But there are 83 injured and only 14 EMTs here."

"How much trouble am I in?" You ask softly.

"Aggravated assault in Pennsylvania? That's up to 20 years in prison, Figment. You'd be remanded to the custody of The Dreaming and REBEL Guild during trial and for your sentence, with mandatory counseling and significant possibility of parole if it is believed viable. If I were you I would turn myself in and speak to a lawyer. The longer you are on the run the less likely you are to get leniency and plea bargains. You clearly aren't strong enough to keep running forever. I suggest you either help us today, or run.

Lore moves now, approaching a car. You stand there and laugh in relief.

They really don't know who you are. The worst they have on you is the Erie fight.

"Thank God." You run.

Hartford, Connecticut- July 18, 17: 14 EDT

"Thank you very much ma'am," You look at the cactus, secure in the back seat.

"Take good care of her, please. She's all the way from the Living Hive. Poor thing thrives here. Her babies just soak up water. She loves it when you talk to her." The old woman laughs.

"I'm sure she'll be very happy. My employer was so excited when he heard he told me to come and pick her up right away. I actually cut my vacation short for this." You pat the old woman on the shoulder gently.

"Thank you, dear. Here's your tip." She gives you an old looking half dollar coin. "Have a safe trip."

"I will, ma'am." You nod and drive off, lad you didn't catch her name.

You call Ethan. "When I arrive I have some things to tell you. I might have started some kind of villain war."

"I know all about it. This is between A and Morrow, we're just caught in the middle." Ethan sounds tired.

"A?" You don't recognize that name.

"I have no idea who this A person is. She, if it is a she, seemed to want the doctor to freak out as badly as humanly possible. Or maybe not humanly in his case. So, are you doing alright?"

"Well..."

[X] "Better than I was." Ethan can teach you how to survive this world. You need more power, bad.

[X] "Honestly, no." You need to take Lore's advice. Time to call your lawyers and ask them about your options.

[X] "I don't know what to do," You admit. You're just tired of all of this.
-[X] Write in.

Last edited:
[X] "Better than I was." Ethan can teach you how to survive this world. You need more power, bad.

Getting kind of tired being questioned if we're still sure we want to go down this path.

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 19, 08: 29 EDT, Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 20, 18: 23 EDT.

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 19, 08: 29 EDT

"Is there any good reason to have an alien cactus?" You ask curiously as Ethan Rayne places the cactus into the window sill.

"It is the kind of alien cactus that thrives just about anywhere. It's not like the carnivorous flower meat cactus that I store in the basement. That one is a cactus that no one in their right mind should have imported." Ethan turns around. "I wish I could say I heard you had quite the adventure, but your name was not mentioned at all in the news. I would say we live in a police state, but I doubt the answer is that interesting."

"It was a group of younger superheroes. I think they were building a team of some kind for training purposes. They had a Martian, the new Superboy, and another three I couldn't identify called Echo, Lore, and one other who had a name I didn't catch."

"They won't stop," Ethan comments. "Men like them never stop until they put the world in a bottle. Have you ever read their proposals? I am being all but literal. There is talk of force field domes around cities to prevent harmful weather or strategic attack. It is done on Gemworld and Tamaran. Scale models have been produced, they just need the energy source. It is beyond human technological understanding, but the Justice League is not a human organization, is it? Replace cars with trains and little robot golf carts to bring you to public transportation, record everything in the Panopticon, give up the gun, remove the Bomb. The UN's plan for the world will break everything interesting and beautiful about the world just to make it safe, and the Justice League means it could actually be done." You have never seen Ethan rant before, make a political outburst like that.

Oh. No wonder he gave you a New Age mysticism book. You are being trained by a conspiracy theorist. You vaguely remember the forcefield idea coming up in some UFOlogy books in the same area as FEMA death camps and chemtrails.

"I think they just made a team for their kids and sidekicks," You say cautiously.

"They already have sixteen superheroes in their army. Sixteen men and women no one could stand against. Another five, so there are twenty-one. They won't be content with one Superboy, Pet. All of them are going to be raising one. An army like that and we all lose." He sighs. "Young people have no idea what things look like anymore. Cameras everywhere, Domestic Security and Ares and the Justice League are just accepted these days. They should take to the streets, not put everything they do on MyFace."

"I never had a MyFace," You say carefully.

"Your aura sight development was fast," Ethan comments. "I expected that to take rather longer. I suppose you need homework, don't you?"

You nod. "Yes I do."

"Go listen to the radio. Write down the words to the songs on it," Ethan says. "When you are fast enough at that to keep up completely, you will be ready for the next step. To use magic tactically you need to be able to concentrate very fast. Once you are done with that project, the traditional next step is to begin to write each word backwards." Ethan smiles at you.

"That sounds annoying," You glare, feeling a bit cheated.

"The radio seems far better than the real traditional way. The teacher would read verses from the Bible and the student would write them down. Eventually the student would be expected to have the Bible memorized before instruction in actual spells would begin."

This does sound rather more pleasant.

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 20, 18: 23 EDT

You hate Hannah Montana more than you had dreamed possible. Why it is that you cannot escape her on any station is a mystery to you. Rosewood's radio stations are abysmal.

The motel room's phone rings and you leap for it, happy to have a distraction.

"Tell me I have an assignment." You think you mostly avoided a whine.

Ethan chuckles."As a matter of fact you do. The master of this town, the mysterious A, is willing to get us into contact with a man who is quite willing to pay for what is left of the Thomas Morrow robot. However, there is a favor for a favor. In a week there will be a shipment into Rosewood. You need to prepare a place for it to be delivered to. Expect a phone number to be taped somewhere underneath a drawer in that motel room. A and I are not to know where you will be. Simply find a place in town that seems circumspect, and call the number to give that location. You will get a date, and on that date you will be there." Ethan hangs up uncharacteristically suddenly.

You wonder for a moment if there actually is an A or if Ethan is just confusing the issue to disguise what he is actually doing. It does not really matter.

A quick check underneath the drawer of the nightstand reveals a number is indeed taped there. All you need to do is figure out a place in Rosewood that is ideal for a drop-off from a mysterious criminal.

You are just pulling out the phone book when there is a knock at the door. When you get there you are greeted by a package instead of a person. "Wizards," You hiss. Inside the package is what appears to be several thousand dollars in cash and a note.

"I want it. A million from me, nothing from A. Interested?"

[X] You decide to call Ethan back. He should be informed of someone else operating against his patron.

[X] You decide to setup a little ambush of your own. This is an assignment you are supposed to work on without your superiors knowing every little detail.

[X] Of course you want the cash! A million bucks is a million bucks. Not that you're going to mess up being a witch. You just need to fake whatever it is you pickup for A and give the fake to New Mysterious Person.

[X] You decide to setup a little ambush of your own. This is an assignment you are supposed to work on without your superiors knowing every little detail.

[X] You decide to call Ethan back. He should be informed of someone else operating against his patron.

[X] Of course you want the cash! A million bucks is a million bucks. Not that you're going to mess up being a witch. You just need to fake whatever it is you pickup for A and give the fake to New Mysterious Person.

A million bucks seem like a valid trade for getting a new enemy.

If I thought there was a real million in it I might change my mind, but I'm not convinced it isn't a scam.

WyldCardSick.

I will try to do update tonight, but am unsure.

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 23, 09: 16 EDT, Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 23, 16: 16 EDT

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 23, 09: 16 EDT

The bag is dropped off in a bathroom at abandoned store half an hour ago. You arrive and take it, curiously checking what is inside. Four small glass vials of some kind of reddish powder from the looks of it. Based on the fact that there is so little of it you guess it is probably someone's latest effort to make a Meteor Rock into something productive. You are glad you prepared lead lining for your clothes on the suspicion it might be the thing that's wrecking this planet.

You only met with Ethan once in the last few days. He is spending most of his time on his project in Ravenswood, and you are still learning to write songs backwards. This is not particularly glamorous, but it is comfortable and easy.

You tapped a note at the bottom of your door telling whoever it was to meet you in a few hours down at a local Dunkin Donut's. You suspect that if you dumped the vials before that whoever is here might notice, so it seems best to call Ethan after this little sting operation is over with.

"Hello," A soft voice asks a few hours later. You look up from your library book, a biography of Green Lantern.

"Hello," You answer back. I take it you got my note?" The figure nods. She is wearing a long red coat with a hood. She looks just a bit familiar, and is a great deal taller than you. You take out the fake you spent a minute making, three fake vials made out of a coke bottle and a stick that should be toxic enough to kill anyone who snorted, injected, ate, or smoked whatever was in the vials.

The hooded woman gives you a small backpack and puts the vials in her coat, leaving swiftly. You spend another hour reading before checking the original bag to make sure the vials were not taken by some magic trick. They were not. You went back to the motel room and called Ethan.

"Hey there, Pet. It's been a long, busy day." Ethan sounds just a bit winded.

"I have what A wanted," You explain. "Or at least I have whatever was dropped off."

"Marvelous!" Ethan suddenly sounds a bit more winded. "Would you mind driving up and taking me to the hospital? I feel a bit sick.

Rosewood, Pennsylvania- July 23, 16: 16 EDT

It had taken you an hour to figure out Ethan had tasted the poison you put in the fake vials. (The vials had disappeared sometime between when you left for the hospital and when you checked half an hour ago, replaced with a sticky note with "thAnks" taped to it in letters cut out of newspapers.

This town.

"I have to commend you," Ethan wheezes from the hospital bed. "You were more proactive than I could have imagined."

"I just needed to check obituaries for a clue," You answer reasonably.

"I had to spend a string on the Boy to survive that," Ethan croaks. "Yet another debt. May as well run my ledger red, aye? Can't collect when I'm dead."

You just shake your head. A secret test of character on a supervillain? You expected more from Ethan Rayne.

"So I assume there's no real money from this." You eye the machine that has a long wire connected to a kind of clip on Ethan's finger.

"I ain't got a million." Ethan seems to be switching accents somewhat in this state. He had told you not to worry about it. "Monopoly money can look just like the real thing until noon with that spell."

"I can't say I'm not disappointed, and I thought being a supervillain was supposed to pay fabulously well?"

"As I said, red in my ledger, Love. It's all going into what I've got brewing." Ethan closes his eyes. "I'll be good as new come dusk."

"So, did I pass?" You eye the IV drip thoughtfully, wondering how hard it would be to turn that into poison.

"Oh yes. Flying colors. Only one more test." Ethan is sounding sleepy.

"What. Test. Ethan?" You sit up straight.

"You have to be honest with me, Ava. Where do you come from? Your name's not Ava and it's not Claire Littleton, and no one's named Figment.

"They could be. It's a big universe." You say it defensively.

"I've given you a lot, girl. Everything you wanted, and you want to stick with me. You've had every chance to bolt, but you want to learn to be a witch. Tell me why, what makes someone want to be a witch?" His eyes open halfway through the rant. It is rather eerie.

"Are you sure you want to know?" You put your hand over his. "This is not a happy story, Mr. Rayne. Knowing it could put you in a great deal of trouble if the right people know you know. You could deny Figment. You can't deny Tess."

"Tess?" He looks at you in surprise. "Not Ava?"

"Yes, my name is Tess. And Ava." You look out the window. "I did something big, Ethan. A lot of things. I gave up a lot of chances, made a lot of mistakes.

"Tell me more." Ethan whispers. "Tell me as I go to sleep.

[X] "It started in a place called Antar, and with a man named Kivar..."

[X] "It started in a place called Roswell, and with a boy called Max..."

[X] "It started on the road with Nasedo, the person who raised me..."

I don't know anything about any of these people. Can someone provide a bit of clarification?

At the end of the Roswell series Tess blew up a base full of air force personnel and scientists, so it might be a good idea not to get caught.

Voting closed due to how close it is. Kivar/Antar vote wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back