• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (24), 3012
Alright. 2d6 to see what you got equipment wise
[dice]2206[/dice]

When it passes to Ian he sends you a rather friendly letter of congratulations. He and Hanse don't know where you found it, but masterfully done and he and the Federated Suns both owe you a debt of gratitude.
We seem to have been helping each other lately.

2d6 to see how much you got data wise.
[dice]2207[/dice]

The Liao commander thought the same and decided to take a risk on a daring offensive right into the heart of your men, trusting the superior equipment, superior moral, superior training, and to be frank, superior breeding of proper Inner Sphere Mechwarriors over a bunch of humped up, inbred periphery trash to hold the day...

Needless to say, well, um... what would you like done with the salvage, ma'am? You've probably got enough to outfit an entire regiment one they're done stripping the worst wrecks down for parts.

Oh, and you can probably millions of C-bills of extra currency by selling battleroms of the Great Larshan Turkey Shoot.

(I rolled a 12 for dumbass's roll)
Extra money is always nice. Put the salvage into replacing our own losses and the expansion plans. The Concordat Reserve Cavalry weren't originally part of that plan so the extra equipment will come in handy. Besides, I doubt they use reinforced battalions.

I'm assuming you redirected the Red Chasseurs and Concordat Jaegers towards Muridox?
Well not so much redirected as that being their goal. They were always planned as the invasion force there.

Yep. It's her second eldest, James.
That's a shame, I was hoping for the more reasonable younger siblings. Nonetheless, I'll be polite and welcoming to James. He's an ally after all. What's my impression of him?

[dice]2206[/dice]

I'll be nice and let you reroll this...

Because I don't like fucking people over too badly based on one shit roll and that would be basically... we...

We seem to have been helping each other lately.

He's hoping this is the beginning of a new era of Taurian/Federated Suns relations.

A large collection of maintenance manuals and partial specs and maintenance guides for several drop-ships. The Leopard which you already build, the Union, the Mule, and one you don't have... the Vengeance

Extra money is always nice. Put the salvage into replacing our own losses and the expansion plans. The Concordat Reserve Cavalry weren't originally part of that plan so the extra equipment will come in handy. Besides, I doubt they use reinforced battalions.

No they don't. And they appreciate the new gear. They were running with leftovers and this is a chance to switch over to some superior equipment...

They trade out most of their bug mechs.

Well not so much redirected as that being their goal. They were always planned as the invasion force there.

Ah, right.

That's a shame, I was hoping for the more reasonable younger siblings. Nonetheless, I'll be polite and welcoming to James. He's an ally after all. What's my impression of him?

He's a little stuffy but is ambitious and your age. And seems to be interested in flirting.

I'll be nice and let you reroll this...

Because I don't like fucking people over too badly based on one shit roll and that would be basically... we...

Thank you!
[dice]2220[/dice]
...I so stupid!

He's hoping this is the beginning of a new era of Taurian/Federated Suns relations.
Well we're off to a good start.

A large collection of maintenance manuals and partial specs and maintenance guides for several drop-ships. The Leopard which you already build, the Union, the Mule, and one you don't have... the Vengeance

Well that's very handy. If we can turn that into building the Vengeance (or even repairing damaged ones) that could be a real money-maker.
Would it be possible to design something based on the Vengeance - modify for 20 Small Craft Bays instead of the ASF and add cargo space? That would be a handy gunship/fighter carrier with more endurance than the standard Vengeance (we don't have SLDF supplywagons warships to restock from).

No they don't. And they appreciate the new gear. They were running with leftovers and this is a chance to switch over to some superior equipment...

They trade out most of their bug mechs.
Being fair, bug 'Mechs are still the basis for most of our recon lances so they're probably not getting entirely rid of them. (Do we build the Commando? That's the only other light I recall being built in the Concordat and it's certainly old enough to have been around).

So how is the invasion of Muridox going?

He's a little stuffy but is ambitious and your age. And seems to be interested in flirting.
May as well get to know him.

Is Gerald Marik's visit going to overlap with James Humphries?

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) December 3032
Frankly your marshals are starting to believe you need to stop attacking soon and secure what you've got. It looks like the offensive on the other side is about to fall flat.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Though if we can, I'd like to take Ward and Hurik, simply to cut of the Confederation's access to anything Rimward.

She's been referring to you as "Senpai"...

Though considering its her job to kill people at your command... well...this isn't ENTIRELY a bad thing now is it? :D
I suppose, but I'm still going to invest in more bodyguards just in case.

Invicible castle was down last time I checked and considered my secret roll was just as bad (6/5)... the grind continues but you're slowly digging them out
Slowly but surely huh? Alright.
[dice]2224[/dice]

Technically they already issue tacticals to front line units... just they're not permitted to deploy without a go-order.

Unless they know the firing codes it's pretty much a mute point.
Interesting to know. Well that takes care of any worries on my part.

You recomp them somewhat, but frankly a jumpship goes for a WHOLE lot of money....
Yeah, I wasn't planning on paying for a new jumpship, just enough to keep any of the crew's families comfortable now that their parents/siblings/spouses/children got nuked.

He'd like the jumpships you captured returned (or at least enough to transport his remaining units. He's a realist) and he's going to be buggering off for the Free World's League...
That's fine, I was planning on returning them if they were leaving Confederation employ, I was only going to keep them if they were planning on sticking with it, to make it harder for them to attack.

On that note, I send a message to Catherine that the survivors of the Big Mac are heading towards the FWL, so she might want to pull back and double down her security, or hire a lot more mercs.

They didn't get past the ASF hell that was sent after them. Seems they were not expecting to survive, just take as many of you down as possible. Your aerospace assets handled that rather handedly. Thank god for the Hells Black Aces. You owe those men drinks. All the fucking drinks.
Then they get Drinks, all the fucking Drinks. And a bonus. That takes care of the Death Commandos for this outing.

They're looking to visit some factories to go shopping.
I tell them to write me up a wish list, and I'll see who I can spare to help carry the bags.

There are a lot more civilian losses...
Yeah, that figures. Doesn't it just. Not much I can do about it though.

give me a 2d6 please.
[dice]2222[/dice]
OOC: Double rolled, sorry looks like a bit of lag hit me.

The planet is on the full defensive and is ready when the attack hits.
Not that surprising.
[dice]2225[/dice]

Thank you!
[dice]2220[/dice]
...I so stupid!

AGAIN!

Well we're off to a good start.

Yep and he'd like to move forward to some proper state visits to celebrate the victories.
Well that's very handy. If we can turn that into building the Vengeance (or even repairing damaged ones) that could be a real money-maker.

They'll need access to a full on vengence to reverse engineer the bits that are vague or missing... will cut the hell out of the costs but would still cost about 500 million to make up the tooling. A LOT but they feel worthit

Would it be possible to design something based on the Vengeance - modify for 20 Small Craft Bays instead of the ASF and add cargo space? That would be a handy gunship/fighter carrier with more endurance than the standard Vengeance (we don't have SLDF supplywagons warships to restock from).

Maybe. Though they'd probably lower the number of small craft bays to carry more fighters. They're not exactly weight effective. Maybe add infantry space for SASF troops too

But ripping out some fighter bays to fit some SUPPLIEs is in no way not a good idea.

Being fair, bug 'Mechs are still the basis for most of our recon lances so they're probably not getting entirely rid of them. (Do we build the Commando? That's the only other light I recall being built in the Concordat and it's certainly old enough to have been around).

In fact you do. Been a sticking point with house Steiner for centuries...
So how is the invasion of Muridox going?

Roll :p

Always roll.

May as well get to know him.

He's ambitious and attractive. According to reports not a womanizer like his brothers, but he's mentioning he wishes you had told his people about your an ian's assault. They might have been better placed to draw attention and nip at Liao's heals a bit which would have been a benefit to you all

Is Gerald Marik's visit going to overlap with James Humphries?

Yep, and they loathe each other... but seem to agree that Gerald's father is badly out of touch. Gerald to the point of actually questioning his ability to lead.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) December 3032

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Though if we can, I'd like to take Ward and Hurik, simply to cut of the Confederation's access to anything Rimward.

With the offensive collapsing in other areas, there are doubts that you'll be able to sustain those supply lines. It might be best to simply sit back and fortify what you've already taken.

I suppose, but I'm still going to invest in more bodyguards just in case.

You start to receive regular love letters about how she will never fail the trust you've put in her and how thankful she is and how she is yours to command life, body, and soul... along with some suggestions of what you can do with her body.
Slowly but surely huh? Alright.
[dice]2224[/dice]

And they just found and shot the enemy leadership.

The planet is yours.

Interesting to know. Well that takes care of any worries on my part.

It's one of the reasons people tend to be REALLY careful about the Concordant... just one order is what it takes for things to get Atomic.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on paying for a new jumpship, just enough to keep any of the crew's families comfortable now that their parents/siblings/spouses/children got nuked.

Done

That's fine, I was planning on returning them if they were leaving Confederation employ, I was only going to keep them if they were planning on sticking with it, to make it harder for them to attack.

Whatever. They just want out of this madhouse.

On that note, I send a message to Catherine that the survivors of the Big Mac are heading towards the FWL, so she might want to pull back and double down her security, or hire a lot more mercs.

Katrina. And she thanks you for the warning

Then they get Drinks, all the fucking Drinks. And a bonus. That takes care of the Death Commandos for this outing.

Yep. They'll send you the Drinks bill.

I tell them to write me up a wish list, and I'll see who I can spare to help carry the bags.

They'll let you know once they're done their reorganization. That nuke did a lot of damage.

Yeah, that figures. Doesn't it just. Not much I can do about it though.

Most caused by Romano.

[dice]2222[/dice]
OOC: Double rolled, sorry looks like a bit of lag hit me.

Big News from Sian.

Romano Liao is dead.

Her father has been stripped of his position of Chancellor.

The new Chancellor is Candace Liao who has announced the reunification of the Capallan Confederation and St. Ives Compact and has a message for the invaders of her realm:

"Leave. Now."

Both the Canopians and Andurien are entering terms as they've all but been ejected anyways.

You on the otherhand are sitting pretty on a rather sizable and almost entirely secured chunk of Capallan territory....

You might want to talk to her.

Speaking of which would you be kind enough to make a map?

Not that surprising.
[dice]2225[/dice]

Knowing that Romano went nuclear and that they're ordered to fight to the death or be put to death, the locals surrender without a fight rather than face the overblown stories of Taurian nuclear weapons use...

Seems TMI did some rumor spreading... :p

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) January 3033
With the offensive collapsing in other areas, there are doubts that you'll be able to sustain those supply lines. It might be best to simply sit back and fortify what you've already taken.
Hmm, suppose that means we'll just have to stick to raiding then, keep them knocking them off their feet and make sure they can't get any momentum going to take back their shit. Gotta couple ideas there myself. Seeing as we don't have any Jumpship yards, and the only Confederation one is on Capella...

Wonder if the Hells' Black Aces, 12th Vegan Rangers, the Carbineers, and II Corps mind going on a shopping trip for me.

You start to receive regular love letters about how she will never fail the trust you've put in her and how thankful she is and how she is yours to command life, body, and soul... along with some suggestions of what you can do with her body.
Seeing as she maybe pregnant, probably going to encourage her to wait and make sure her child is fine and okay.

And they just found and shot the enemy leadership.

The planet is yours.
Whelp that takes care of one problem.

It's one of the reasons people tend to be REALLY careful about the Concordant... just one order is what it takes for things to get Atomic.
And one reason why we don't want to go swinging that stick unless we have to, is that people start getting antsy when things get Atomic.

Cool

Whatever. They just want out of this madhouse.
And I want to let them.

Katrina. And she thanks you for the warning
I was actually warning Catherine Humphrey, but I probably should have sent a message to House Steiner too.

They'll let you know once they're done their reorganization. That nuke did a lot of damage.
Sounds good.

Most caused by Romano.
Yeah, typical crazy bitch tactics.

Big News from Sian.

Romano Liao is dead.
Yay!
Her father has been stripped of his position of Chancellor.
Huh, guess that means Tormano took ov-
The new Chancellor is Candace Liao who has announced the reunification of the Capallan Confederation and St. Ives Compact and has a message for the invaders of her realm:
Oh Shit! Candace! The fucking competent one! Damn it!
Both the Canopians and Andurien are entering terms as they've all but been ejected anyways.

You on the other hand are sitting pretty on a rather sizable and almost entirely secured chunk of Capallan territory....

You might want to talk to her.
Well, that's not good. Like really not good.

OOC:I wonder if this means her's and Justin's kid is getting married to one of Hanse's and Melissa's. Man that would turn the FedCom war on it's head if Katherine and Kai got married. May make it so she wasn't such a bitch if she knew she was getting a kingdom to rule over.
So the new Chancellor is the wife of the head of the FedCom's intelligence division, friends with the First Prince, and like a thousand times more sane and competent then both of her predecessors put together.

Yeah, might want to talk to her. Send in the diplomats.

But before that, I want every single tech, scientist, and spare body we can get to take, and strip/copy every bit of tooling, tech, information, what have you from the factories on Menke and Victoria, especially the Star League base underneath the former Big Mac's base(I want that stealth armor), and the Star League battlemech research center on Victoria(four designs, one of which is the Sling). Preferably copy, as I've a feeling Candace might get a little angry if we just up and jack all her factories.

God, there goes all my plans to hit Ares and Necromo and jack their dropship yards, and screw over the Confederation's warship production. Not to mention both the Harlock's Warriors and the Gabhardt's Carabineers are going to be pissed that they can't fight and get revenge respectively. Though I suppose... Well be shame not to use all these regiments, and I still need to reclaim the Pirate's Haven.
Speaking of which would you be kind enough to make a map?
Grey Line outlines what I've got.
cappellan_confederation_3030_current_by_bzzt3421-d8xsxt4.jpg

Knowing that Romano went nuclear and that they're ordered to fight to the death or be put to death, the locals surrender without a fight rather than face the overblown stories of Taurian nuclear weapons use...

Seems TMI did some rumor spreading... :p
Huh, well that's good. Time to loot that secret Star League Battlemech research center they excavated to the bedrock.

Speaking of Star League tech. What's the status on
  1. New Dallas Expedition, been about a year.
  2. Rivin find anything yet?
  3. Illyria, how's that going?
Other things to note, how's my studies going at Taurian École Militaire?
How would the privy council feel about opening up trade relations with the Davions, seeing as they've kept to their bargain on no cross raiding. Just civilian goods for now, we'll wait another year for Military goods.

Hmm, suppose that means we'll just have to stick to raiding then, keep them knocking them off their feet and make sure they can't get any momentum going to take back their shit. Gotta couple ideas there myself. Seeing as we don't have any Jumpship yards, and the only Confederation one is on Capella...

Wonder if the Hells' Black Aces, 12th Vegan Rangers, the Carbineers, and II Corps mind going on a shopping trip for me.

Not really... they wouldn't mind...

Seeing as she maybe pregnant, probably going to encourage her to wait and make sure her child is fine and okay.

She got an abortion as soon as she sobered up.

To be honest, it was her third since the unit was destroyed and she fell into the bottle.

The woman wasn't at all right...

But she's right now, thanks you to Protector...

vector%20school%20uniforms%20pink%20hair%20pink%20eyes%20anime%20girls%20mirai%20nikki%20gasai%20yuno%20yandere%20trance%204655_www.animemay.com_27.jpg

Whelp that takes care of one problem.

Yep.

And one reason why we don't want to go swinging that stick unless we have to, is that people start getting antsy when things get Atomic.

Yep.

And I want to let them.

Then you're all on the same page

I was actually warning Catherine Humphrey, but I probably should have sent a message to House Steiner too.

Looks like they're vectoring to Galatea. They need to seriously lick their damned wounds.

They were just about back in once piece from the 4th Succession war then you up and kick them in the teeth. They're bitter but frankly, they can't blame you. Still though... 12 fucking regiments? Really?

They were almost back to to full... now they're at 1/2 capability and your units are pretty much intact. It was a war of attrition and they were getting their asses kicked.

Right now you are feeling that their Grudge O Meter is

"Hates Davion. Dislikes Calderon on general principle. Thinks Liao is too goddamned much trouble for words."

Yeah, typical crazy bitch tactics.

A yep.

You have a feeling that the Confederation is singing along with you.

Huh, guess that means Tormano took ov-

Oh Shit! Candace! The fucking competent one! Damn it!

Well, that's not good. Like really not good.

OOC:I wonder if this means her's and Justin's kid is getting married to one of Hanse's and Melissa's. Man that would turn the FedCom war on it's head if Katherine and Kai got married. May make it so she wasn't such a bitch if she knew she was getting a kingdom to rule over.
You shall see.

So the new Chancellor is the wife of the head of the FedCom's intelligence division, friends with the First Prince, and like a thousand times more sane and competent then both of her predecessors put together.

Yep.

Yeah, might want to talk to her. Send in the diplomats.

But before that, I want every single tech, scientist, and spare body we can get to take, and strip/copy every bit of tooling, tech, information, what have you from the factories on Menke and Victoria, especially the Star League base underneath the former Big Mac's base(I want that stealth armor), and the Star League battlemech research center on Victoria(four designs, one of which is the Sling). Preferably copy, as I've a feeling Candace might get a little angry if we just up and jack all her factories.

2d6 for each

And at the very least they'll make good hostages. And the longer you can draw out the negotiations the better.

It's suggested that you rig them to explode the second the first soldier in jade green shows up in system.

God, there goes all my plans to hit Ares and Necromo and jack their dropship yards, and screw over the Confederation's warship production. Not to mention both the Harlock's Warriors and the Gabhardt's Carabineers are going to be pissed that they can't fight and get revenge respectively. Though I suppose... Well be shame not to use all these regiments, and I still need to reclaim the Pirate's Haven.

They're frustrated as hell to be honest... but frankly considering that Romamo used WMDs (and while you avoided the worst of it your allies got hit HARD) it does put you in a decent negotiating seat. After all, they WROTE the Ares Conventions.

Grey Line outlines what I've got.
cappellan_confederation_3030_current_by_bzzt3421-d8xsxt4.jpg

Your marshals suggestion is to use Menke and Victoria as points of negotiation and try and keep the other worlds. And do not bend on the worlds that used to be Taurian.

Huh, well that's good. Time to loot that secret Star League Battlemech research center they excavated to the bedrock.

Points to the roll.

Speaking of Star League tech. What's the status on
  1. New Dallas Expedition, been about a year.

Is back... with a TERRAN HEGEMONY LIBRARY MEMORY CORE
  1. Rivin find anything yet?
  2. Illyria, how's that going?

Rolls

Other things to note, how's my studies going at Taurian École Militaire?

Reasonably well.

How would the privy council feel about opening up trade relations with the Davions, seeing as they've kept to their bargain on no cross raiding. Just civilian goods for now, we'll wait another year for Military goods.

They'd like to see the results of the current negotiations.

And you have a message from Kyalla Centrella.... would you like to marry her daughter?

[dice]2229[/dice]
Why did I even get up this morning?

Yep and he'd like to move forward to some proper state visits to celebrate the victories.
That could probably be arranged.

They'll need access to a full on vengence to reverse engineer the bits that are vague or missing... will cut the hell out of the costs but would still cost about 500 million to make up the tooling. A LOT but they feel worthit
Do we have a Vengeance we can use for this? If not, could the AFFS lend us one? I'd happily sell Ian the first one we build at a bargain price if he were to let us copy it.
Money, at this point, is not an obstacle.

Maybe. Though they'd probably lower the number of small craft bays to carry more fighters. They're not exactly weight effective. Maybe add infantry space for SASF troops too

But ripping out some fighter bays to fit some SUPPLIEs is in no way not a good idea.
True but we do use gunships a lot so a gunship carrier variant would also have some uses. I'll let the naval types discuss the pros and cons. We could build more than one variant if need be.

In fact you do. Been a sticking point with house Steiner for centuries...
Well if they give us back our Toro factories... not our fault they blew up our own designs.

I had rolled. But I shall do so again.
[dice]2228[/dice]

He's ambitious and attractive. According to reports not a womanizer like his brothers, but he's mentioning he wishes you had told his people about your an ian's assault. They might have been better placed to draw attention and nip at Liao's heals a bit which would have been a benefit to you all
Andurien was already nibbling away with delightful enthusiasm. I'll admit that matters have gone rather better than I expected but I'll point out that also further advances aren't very likely unless the TDF has time to rest and recuperate from the campaign.

Yep, and they loathe each other... but seem to agree that Gerald's father is badly out of touch. Gerald to the point of actually questioning his ability to lead.
Out of touch, but I'm not inclined to underestimate Janos Marik. My understanding was that he was a very able Captain-General earlier in his reign but got worn down. If his time in relative seclusion has let him rest then he may very well be able to come out strongly if a crisis were to arise.

As it is, well I concede that the Free Worlds League isn't doing as well as the might be. What do the two of them think could be done to resolve this? (I really really doubt they have the same ideas).

Alright. And once he stops being polite he's actually pretty good in bed and has a special way with bedroom talk that makes people think he's talking military tactics while simultaneously being extremely filthy once you figure it out... ^_^

Well she's more than happy to send Morgan off with a smile and Sam grinning like a satisfied cat.

[dice]2230[/dice]

[dice]2231[/dice]

Mai is actually a very skilled but dispassionate lover.

She will consider it.

Heh,

"Can't I do both?" she asks.

"In theory you could create a mobile mini factory off a Dropship, but that same money would set up a bigger more capable structure," Samantha notes. "If you simply wanted to do custom shop work, sure you probably could. "

Samantha pauses a moment before adding with a teasing grin "I'm just used to thinking in terms of massive projects involving plenty of sweaty men and women. Laboring hard all day and night."

It's up to her and they will accept, but it'll cost more than the 100m

Then in five years time when Samantha really starts throwing money at the Jumpship parts industry Technicron, a noted and capable manufacture of Invaders will be there to get involved as well.

TTI loves its protector... ^_^

Samantha loves her profit from TTI XD

Your people are dutifully scouting the region and believe they might have the location...

One more roll.

[dice]2232[/dice]

[dice]2229[/dice]
Why did I even get up this morning?

Keep fucking rolling until you get one without a fucking 6 in it... or one with a 6 that doesn't make your rectum gush like this faggot little cloud:

That could probably be arranged.

Wonderful!

Do we have a Vengeance we can use for this?

Roll a d6. On a 5+, yes

If not, could the AFFS lend us one? I'd happily sell Ian the first one we build at a bargain price if he were to let us copy it.
Money, at this point, is not an obstacle.

You already offered to share the data so he'd happily make this a join project and split the costs as well as provide the dropship.

True but we do use gunships a lot so a gunship carrier variant would also have some uses. I'll let the naval types discuss the pros and cons. We could build more than one variant if need be.

Honestly a good carrier with some longer legs would be just what you needed to make ASFs practical. Leopard CVs aren't cutting it.

Well if they give us back our Toro factories... not our fault they blew up our own designs.

Heh. Speaking of that... which Tech projects were you working on. Both R&D, reverse engineering, and Lostech hunting.

I had rolled. But I shall do so again.
[dice]2228[/dice]

Roll a month. IF I forgot to reply to one, repost the roll and remind me.

And you're winning. Not won yet, but they're on the ropes.

Andurien was already nibbling away with delightful enthusiasm. I'll admit that matters have gone rather better than I expected but I'll point out that also further advances aren't very likely unless the TDF has time to rest and recuperate from the campaign.

Oh yes. But they could have taken a proper BITE. As is they were only able to do some seriously raids and snatch a single planet...

Out of touch, but I'm not inclined to underestimate Janos Marik. My understanding was that he was a very able Captain-General earlier in his reign but got worn down. If his time in relative seclusion has let him rest then he may very well be able to come out strongly if a crisis were to arise.

You want to try and convince him to have faith in his father as to have him take his side if there's a civil war?

If so, roll

As it is, well I concede that the Free Worlds League isn't doing as well as the might be. What do the two of them think could be done to resolve this? (I really really doubt they have the same ideas).

Gerald wants to basically add a higher degree of federal control to the military allowing them to respond more quickly to threats. Less red tape, more action.

James wants to... well...

Guess which one is, in his mind, the Capallan Confederation? Hint. It's not the tall guy.

Well she's more than happy to send Morgan off with a smile and Sam grinning like a satisfied cat.

And it seems Morgan is also very good in bed himself... so she's also walking like a penguin.

They have them worked out right quick and would like to negotiate a lone.

Quickschell is EXTREMELY interested and already is asking for a production license.

The ammo on these things is pretty much dirt cheap. It's literally 1/6 the price per ton than LRM and SRM ammo. They see shit tons of potential for "MRM Carriers" as a staple of the Militia market.

Harley is thinking yes but also wants to produce them herself...

Happy rapey-rape times.

One more roll.

"In theory you could create a mobile mini factory off a Dropship, but that same money would set up a bigger more capable structure," Samantha notes. "If you simply wanted to do custom shop work, sure you probably could. "

Samantha pauses a moment before adding with a teasing grin "I'm just used to thinking in terms of massive projects involving plenty of sweaty men and women. Laboring hard all day and night."

What is it with her and perverted employers...?

What she means is own a company and still be a merc?

Then in five years time when Samantha really starts throwing money at the Jumpship parts industry Technicron, a noted and capable manufacture of Invaders will be there to get involved as well.

Clever.

They accept the offer.

Samantha loves her profit from TTI XD

heh

Found 'em! :D

Not really... they wouldn't mind...
Afraid we're going to have to table that, see how the negotiations go first.

She got an abortion as soon as she sobered up.

To be honest, it was her third since the unit was destroyed and she fell into the bottle.

The woman wasn't at all right...

But she's right now, thanks you to Protector...

vector%20school%20uniforms%20pink%20hair%20pink%20eyes%20anime%20girls%20mirai%20nikki%20gasai%20yuno%20yandere%20trance%204655_www.animemay.com_27.jpg
Mr-wile-e-coyote-105715184424.png

Looks like they're vectoring to Galatea. They need to seriously lick their damned wounds.

They were just about back in once piece from the 4th Succession war then you up and kick them in the teeth. They're bitter but frankly, they can't blame you. Still though... 12 fucking regiments? Really?

They were almost back to to full... now they're at 1/2 capability and your units are pretty much intact. It was a war of attrition and they were getting their asses kicked.

Right now you are feeling that their Grudge O Meter is

"Hates Davion. Dislikes Calderon on general principle. Thinks Liao is too goddamned much trouble for words."
Well the best option would be for Katrina to try and snag them, but I doubt they want to work for the mother of the First Prince's wife. And while I personally have no ill will against them, aside from them being the enemy's main big stick in my area, I doubt it would be in my interests to help them out to smooth over any ill feelings on their part. Unless the privy council thinks otherwise.

A yep.

You have a feeling that the Confederation is singing along with you.
Probably half the Cappellan March, the Anduriens, and the Magistracy as well.

It couldn't have been Tormano, no it just it had to be the only sibling with a brain. :mad:

2d6 for each

And at the very least they'll make good hostages. And the longer you can draw out the negotiations the better.

It's suggested that you rig them to explode the second the first soldier in jade green shows up in system.
Yeah probably a good idea. Still see about getting copies of all the factories tooling on both planets just in case.

[dice]2233[/dice]
[dice]2234[/dice]

They're frustrated as hell to be honest... but frankly considering that Romamo used WMDs (and while you avoided the worst of it your allies got hit HARD) it does put you in a decent negotiating seat. After all, they WROTE the Ares Conventions.
Yeah, that's definitely something to bring up in the negotiation table.

Ugh, right send a couple of aid packages towards the Magistracy and the Duchy. Seeing as the war's kind of ground to a halt, we can free up a bit of cash to help them out.

Your marshals suggestion is to use Menke and Victoria as points of negotiation and try and keep the other worlds. And do not bend on the worlds that used to be Taurian.
Pfftt, no shit we're not going to bend on the former Taurian worlds. As for Menke and Victoria, I'm willing to hand them over as long as we can copy everything of value they've got.

Done and posted.

Is back... with a TERRAN HEGEMONY LIBRARY MEMORY CORE
wpid-download.jpg

Right, I'm really hoping that's unencrypted, because otherwise I'm going to be so annoyed. Either way, I want that thing copied and secured.

OOC: So, should I just assume that everything is on there up to the Amaris Civil war? Or do you want to come up with a list of tech?

Hmm, was the team able to find anything else of value? Not that it matters much, as this is still more then worth it.

[dice]2235[/dice]
[dice]2237[/dice]
OOC: Ouch, hoping that just means we found nothing, instead of a pirate attack. OWA can't really afford that.

Great, should probably start on Mech training all things considered.

They'd like to see the results of the current negotiations.
Smart, well time to put down the sword and take up the olive branch. So council, any thoughts on how we should word our opening statement? Cause I'm thinking, "NO" is bad way of starting off. Which, we're kind of going to do, seeing as we're not leaving.
And you have a message from Kyalla Centrella.... would you like to marry her daughter?
Didn't she engage Emma to Catherine's son Richard? Unless she's got more daughters somewhere, I'm thinking that may not be the most diplomatic... action? Especially as the three of us, are still technically allies, at least I think we are, even if the war with the Confederation has stalled. Don't the two of them have a mutual defense pact going? Should Kyalla really risk breaking that by breaking the engagement between their two states?

Should-yeah okay I can't continue saying that with a straight face.

If she really wants to see about marrying her daughter off this time, then I'm more then willing to meet with Emma and in fact would gladly extend the invitation to her to visit the Taurian Concordat at any time.

Afraid we're going to have to table that, see how the negotiations go first.

Yep

At least you didn't roll 6/6... imagine how creepy she would have been THEN

Well the best option would be for Katrina to try and snag them, but I doubt they want to work for the mother of the First Prince's wife. And while I personally have no ill will against them, aside from them being the enemy's main big stick in my area, I doubt it would be in my interests to help them out to smooth over any ill feelings on their part. Unless the privy council thinks otherwise.

Pretty much. They just want gone from the area.

Probably half the Cappellan March, the Anduriens, and the Magistracy as well.

And the rest of the damned FWL.

It couldn't have been Tormano, no it just it had to be the only sibling with a brain. :mad:

Because the only reason she didn't do this before was she didn't want to risk the stability of the confederation... now with her sister throwing around WMDs like candy, you rampaging across the periphery border, and generally the excitation that would happen if she got you to the point of simply saying "Fuck it" and going on an atomic rampage?

Yeah probably a good idea. Still see about getting copies of all the factories tooling on both planets just in case.

Roll for each.

[dice]2233[/dice]
[dice]2234[/dice]

Um... yoink? :p

Yeah, that's definitely something to bring up in the negotiation table.

Ugh, right send a couple of aid packages towards the Magistracy and the Duchy. Seeing as the war's kind of ground to a halt, we can free up a bit of cash to help them out.

Much thanks.

Pfftt, no shit we're not going to bend on the former Taurian worlds. As for Menke and Victoria, I'm willing to hand them over as long as we can copy everything of value they've got.

You're working on it.

wpid-download.jpg

Right, I'm really hoping that's unencrypted, because otherwise I'm going to be so annoyed. Either way, I want that thing copied and secured.

OOC: So, should I just assume that everything is on there up to the Amaris Civil war? Or do you want to come up with a list of tech?

Pretty much everything up to the civil war that has a set of its specs pass through TH hands. Sadly with most of the BIG stuff, it's not enough to build them from scratch but you might be able to use them as a start off point.

Basically No warships, jumpships, or dropships... but you could use it to repair or reverse engineer much faster.

One thing that sticks out are blueprints for the Vincent-class corvette... ;)

Hmm, was the team able to find anything else of value? Not that it matters much, as this is still more then worth it.

Yeah. 7 regiments of mechs. 10 regiments of combat vehicles. All obsolete by SL standards which means Reunification war or older. A lot of retro tech but still... that's a HELL of a lot of hardware.

Still looking.
[dice]2237[/dice]
OOC: Ouch, hoping that just means we found nothing, instead of a pirate attack. OWA can't really afford that.

Some pirate activity but more "Hide your heads" than MURDER TIME FUN TIME

Great, should probably start on Mech training all things considered.

Already being done.

Roll 2d4

Smart, well time to put down the sword and take up the olive branch. So council, any thoughts on how we should word our opening statement? Cause I'm thinking, "NO" is bad way of starting off. Which, we're kind of going to do, seeing as we're not leaving.

You say no in a polite way then.

Roll for first stage of negotiations.

Didn't she engage Emma to Catherine's son Richard? Unless she's got more daughters somewhere, I'm thinking that may not be the most diplomatic... action? Especially as the three of us, are still technically allies, at least I think we are, even if the war with the Confederation has stalled. Don't the two of them have a mutual defense pact going? Should Kyalla really risk breaking that by breaking the engagement between their two states?

Should-yeah okay I can't continue saying that with a straight face.

At this point the deal was already broken and her daughter basically said "Fuck no".

Plus the alliance has been a total goddamned failure

If she really wants to see about marrying her daughter off this time, then I'm more then willing to meet with Emma and in fact would gladly extend the invitation to her to visit the Taurian Concordat at any time.

She's packed onto the first jumpship, like it or not.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) 3033
At least you didn't roll 6/6... imagine how creepy she would have been THEN
I would really rather not. *shivers*

And the rest of the damned FWL.
What no love for your Kapteyn Concord buddy, Janos? :D

Because the only reason she didn't do this before was she didn't want to risk the stability of the confederation... now with her sister throwing around WMDs like candy, you rampaging across the periphery border, and generally the excitation that would happen if she got you to the point of simply saying "Fuck it" and going on an atomic rampage?
That's pretty much what I figured, just wished she sent Tormano to do it instead.

I'm taking this to mean planet, instead of factory line, that alright?
[dice]2238[/dice]
[dice]2241[/dice]

Wohoo!, so that means four complete tooling lines to make the Sling, and three other Star League designs. And the data on Null Signature System, from Victoria.

And on Menke, a cache of mechs that include at least the Spector, Starslayer, Falcon, and Commando, as well as anything else you may want to add. :oops:

The three of us are allies, least we can do.

Pretty much everything up to the civil war that has a set of its specs pass through TH hands. Sadly with most of the BIG stuff, it's not enough to build them from scratch but you might be able to use them as a start off point.

Basically No warships, jumpships, or dropships... but you could use it to repair or reverse engineer much faster.

One thing that sticks out are blueprints for the Vincent-class corvette... ;)
Well, that's going to make the TDF admirals very, very happy. Especially as this will mean we can finally repair the Tripitz.

OOC: So essentially I can make any thing the Star League could up to the Coup, as long as it's not a warship, jumpship, or dropship. But if I was able to get access to the plans to them, I could then feasibly make them. What about if I acquire half the Quatro Belle yards? Would that allow me to reverse engineer any jumpships? Or would I still need to jack some designs?
Yeah. 7 regiments of mechs. 10 regiments of combat vehicles. All obsolete by SL standards which means Reunification war or older. A lot of retro tech but still... that's a HELL of a lot of hardware.
Well, that's, yeah. That's going to help a lot. It may take a while to overhaul it all and upgrade it, but damn, that is going to be useful. Time to start expanding the army

[dice]2243[/dice]

Some pirate activity but more "Hide your heads" than MURDER TIME FUN TIME
[dice]2242[/dice]

Already being done.

Roll 2d4
[dice]2244[/dice]
Not bad I guess.

You say no in a polite way then.

Roll for first stage of negotiations.
[dice]2246[/dice]
Well, I guess she didn't take that well. :oops:

At this point the deal was already broken and her daughter basically said "Fuck no".

Plus the alliance has been a total goddamned failure
OOC:Fact that Kyalla wasn't actually serious about joining up with the Duchy probably didn't help either. :p

She's packed onto the first jumpship, like it or not.
I greet her warmly and invite her for a private drink after the standard diplomatic peacock show is over. There I ask her what she actually wants. As from what I gather, she and her mother are a bit on the outs.

And while that's going on, I start making plans to expand the universities on Taurus, massively. As not only are we going to need the new troops, the new tech from our new core is going to change things.

Last edited:
Keep fucking rolling until you get one without a fucking 6 in it...
[dice]2239[/dice]

Have to be cautious about parading AFFS around but he will need an escort so perhaps drawn from some of the regiments that (publicity will stress) fought alongside our heroic TDF against the villainous Capellans, etc.

Roll a d6. On a 5+, yes
[dice]2240[/dice]

You already offered to share the data so he'd happily make this a join project and split the costs as well as provide the dropship.
Good enough for me.

Honestly a good carrier with some longer legs would be just what you needed to make ASFs practical. Leopard CVs aren't cutting it.
Okay then. If we halve the ASF that's still a full wing, and it adds 3000 tons for extra fuel and munitions.

Heh. Speaking of that... which Tech projects were you working on. Both R&D, reverse engineering, and Lostech hunting.
MRMs and Rocket Lauchers are done and in early deployment as I understand it.
Griffin and Wolverine factories are in operation.
There's a 40ton 'Mech being designed (slightly scaled up from the Wolfhound to use a 280engine IIRC)
The Maultier (downteched version) is being developed and we're reverse-engineering ferrofibrous.
Something analogus to the Bulldog, Tracked APC and Ballista artillery piece but with fuel cell engines are at some stage of development.
I'm reconing Helm and Dixie for possible exploitation. Reports have not yet been received.
There's an expedition on the way to New Dallas which is due back any time now.

Roll a month. IF I forgot to reply to one, repost the roll and remind me.

And you're winning. Not won yet, but they're on the ropes.
Okay, the previous roll was an 11 but you accounted for it by throwing 2 regiments of CCAF mechs at me there.
And...
[dice]2245[/dice]
Kaede starts banging her head against her desk.

Oh yes. But they could have taken a proper BITE. As is they were only able to do some seriously raids and snatch a single planet...
Well Ian's been hammering at the CC for at least half a year. On the other hand, if Andurien has been hanging back while we battered away at Max's reserves, then pressing now should get them a nice haul.

You want to try and convince him to have faith in his father as to have him take his side if there's a civil war?

If so, roll
Yes, I do. That could stabilise the FWL and long-term, that's good for me.
[dice]2247[/dice]

Gerald wants to basically add a higher degree of federal control to the military allowing them to respond more quickly to threats. Less red tape, more action.

James wants to... well...

Guess which one is, in his mind, the Capallan Confederation? Hint. It's not the tall guy.
It's interesting that with strong provincial forces along the Capellan border, Federal regiments are freed up whereas along the Lyran border where there aren't any similarly strong provinces, most of the federal forces are tied down maintaining the defenses that the provinces can't. If he could free up federal forces there, wouldn't Gerald be able to better pursue his goals. (I assume James admires strong provinces, for obvious reasons). The disintegration of the original larger provinces of the FWL does seem from my perspective to have been... unfortunate, I'll point out.

I would really rather not. *shivers*

Heh.

What no love for your Kapteyn Concord buddy, Janos? :D

Because even during his attitude was "Fuck Liao". He only allied with the bastard because Takashi made him.

That's pretty much what I figured, just wished she sent Tormano to do it instead.

He's too weak.

I'm taking this to mean planet, instead of factory line, that alright?
[dice]2238[/dice]

Slow going and taking time...

Going well.

Wohoo!, so that means four complete tooling lines to make the Sling, and three other Star League designs. And the data on Null Signature System, from Victoria.

Yes

And on Menke, a cache of mechs that include at least the Spector, Starslayer, Falcon, and Commando, as well as anything else you may want to add. :oops:

Yep.

The three of us are allies, least we can do.

Of convenience but it means a lot socially...

Well, that's going to make the TDF admirals very, very happy. Especially as this will mean we can finally repair the Tripitz.

Yep

OOC: So essentially I can make any thing the Star League could up to the Coup, as long as it's not a warship, jumpship, or dropship. But if I was able to get access to the plans to them, I could then feasibly make them. What about if I acquire half the Quatro Belle yards? Would that allow me to reverse engineer any jumpships? Or would I still need to jack some designs?

You could reverse engineer them. Basically the plans are detailed enough to manufacture the simpler items but larger they're more generalized specs.

Well, that's, yeah. That's going to help a lot. It may take a while to overhaul it all and upgrade it, but damn, that is going to be useful. Time to start expanding the army

Need a couple more trips to get it all

Still no luck but people are starting to notice the snooping. You might want to hurry it up.

Pirates pass, back to work!

[dice]2244[/dice]
Not bad I guess.

Better than. You're a 3/4 Mechwarrior... you got some serious natural talent

[dice]2246[/dice]
Well, I guess she didn't take that well. :oops:

Okay. She's not very receptive. You basically are the one who drove her sister over the edge.

Make a list of demands and points please and roll again and take a stance...

OOC:Fact that Kyalla wasn't actually serious about joining up with the Duchy probably didn't help either. :p

Yep.

I greet her warmly and invite her for a private drink after the standard diplomatic peacock show is over. There I ask her what she actually wants. As from what I gather, she and her mother are a bit on the outs.

She is simply put one of it not the most beautiful woman you've ever seen

Frankly she doesn't want to be a bargening chip for her mother's agenda

And while that's going on, I start making plans to expand the universities on Taurus, massively. As not only are we going to need the new troops, the new tech from our new core is going to change things.

Works.

[dice]2239[/dice]

You get no real manufacturing gear but plenty of the tools needed to enact repairs.

Have to be cautious about parading AFFS around but he will need an escort so perhaps drawn from some of the regiments that (publicity will stress) fought alongside our heroic TDF against the villainous Capellans, etc.

Displaying them along side the TDF with salvaged Liao mechs being displayed as war trophies might help.

Some people will hate it but they'll never be satisfied.

Okay then. If we halve the ASF that's still a full wing, and it adds 3000 tons for extra fuel and munitions.

Or put the bunker-age down a bit and also fit 6 more gunboats as well...

MRMs and Rocket Lauchers are done and in early deployment as I understand it.

At this point they're in field trials. They're pretty inaccurate but some wartime tests... well... wanna know what a stringer looks like after it gets a shot from an MRM40 to the face? :p

Griffin and Wolverine factories are in operation.

Yep.

There's a 40ton 'Mech being designed (slightly scaled up from the Wolfhound to use a 280engine IIRC)

Yes there is. And they're still grumbing they want to reverse engineer the Toro :p

The Maultier (downteched version) is being developed and we're reverse-engineering ferrofibrous.

The Maultier is now under production and 2d6 on the armor

Something analogus to the Bulldog, Tracked APC and Ballista artillery piece but with fuel cell engines are at some stage of development.

2d6 for each

I'm reconing Helm and Dixie for possible exploitation. Reports have not yet been received.

2d6 for each

There's an expedition on the way to New Dallas which is due back any time now.

They found 2d4 mech regiments, 3d4 vehicle regiments, all out of date by SL standards... and a complete Terran Hegemony Library Memory Core.
Okay, the previous roll was an 11 but you accounted for it by throwing 2 regiments of CCAF mechs at me there.
And...
[dice]2245[/dice]
Kaede starts banging her head against her desk.

Make that 3

Well Ian's been hammering at the CC for at least half a year. On the other hand, if Andurien has been hanging back while we battered away at Max's reserves, then pressing now should get them a nice haul.

Jason after a couple drinks and in private says they're massing for an attack on Betelgeuse.
Yes, I do. That could stabilise the FWL and long-term, that's good for me.
[dice]2247[/dice]

You seriously get him thinking. He's going to have to have some long talks with his father when he gets home.

It's interesting that with strong provincial forces along the Capellan border, Federal regiments are freed up whereas along the Lyran border where there aren't any similarly strong provinces, most of the federal forces are tied down maintaining the defenses that the provinces can't. If he could free up federal forces there, wouldn't Gerald be able to better pursue his goals. (I assume James admires strong provinces, for obvious reasons). The disintegration of the original larger provinces of the FWL does seem from my perspective to have been... unfortunate, I'll point out.

this leads to something of an argument to put it gently.

James betides the squeamishness and inactivity of the Federals... while Gerald says if the provincial regiments would actually do as they're told and not... say... attack House Liao without authorization or backup, then maybe they might be able to do something real.

Because even during his attitude was "Fuck Liao". He only allied with the bastard because Takashi made him.
Hmph, too bad he couldn't have just formed a pact of neutrality with Katrina and Hanse, that way he could have gotten himself a slice of that Capellan pie.

Exactly why I wanted him on the throne. :p

Slow going and taking time...
*sigh* Well I got the Battlemech research lines, so that's good. Sides as far as I can tell, the only thing being built there right now is the Flea. And seeing as that's being produced for Jaime and his Wolfs. I think I should probably stop trying to copy it. Rather not piss him off.

That's good news.
[dice]2248[/dice]

Sweet, marking the Null system and Spector down as top priority research.

Of convenience but it means a lot socially...
True, but I like keeping to both the spirit and the letter of my contracts. And we did sign one with the Magistrix.

Right then, time to allocate some more funds to that.

You could reverse engineer them. Basically the plans are detailed enough to manufacture the simpler items but larger they're more generalized specs.
Hmm, so basically we got broad overview, instead of the exact details on anything above a dropship. Damn, and I was hoping for the ability to make the Bug-Eye's stealth and surveillance equipment and make a new Jumpship design with it.

Oh well, time to start putting out bounties on functional Star lords, Tramps, Monoliths, Invaders, and Merchants. Or buy the designs I suppose. Hmph, probably start thinking of getting dropships too.

Need a couple more trips to get it all
It's a lot stuff, not surprised at all.

Still no luck but people are starting to notice the snooping. You might want to hurry it up.
Uhh, seeing as we asked permission from the reigning government and are acting in concert with them. I don't really think that matters? Unless your talking about Pirates or the Marians, or the Federation.
[dice]2249[/dice]

Pirates pass, back to work!
Whew, good. Uhh, just so you know, we also alerted the OWA about this investigation as well.
[dice]2250[/dice]

Better than. You're a 3/4 Mechwarrior... you got some serious natural talent
Hmm, suppose I should develop that. More training, yay.

Okay. She's not very receptive. You basically are the one who drove her sister over the edge.

Make a list of demands and points please and roll again and take a stance...

Conciliatory stance, firm but polite.
  • We will return the planets Menke, and Victoria.
  • We will keep Yuris, Rollis, Corodiz, and Zanzibar.
  • We may return Muridox and Larsha.
  • We would like copies of the designs of the Monolith, Merchant, and Invader Jumpships
  • We would like copies of the designs of the Mammoth, Mule, Excalibur, Avenger, Triumph, Achilles, and Overlord Dropships.
[dice]2251[/dice]

She is simply put one of it not the most beautiful woman you've ever seen

Frankly she doesn't want to be a bargening chip for her mother's agenda
That's about what I figured, both in looks and her desire for this marriage.

So, how would she like to play this. To be frank myself, I'd rather not have a marriage that ends with our two nations at war(or a dagger in my back). I'm more then willing to act like we're just too incompatible to work out, if that's what she wants.

Hmm, good, and with the war over with, I can finally start up a research division for new weaponry. And with the data from the Hegemony core, that ought to make it even easier.

Hmph, too bad he couldn't have just formed a pact of neutrality with Katrina and Hanse, that way he could have gotten himself a slice of that Capellan pie.

Yeah, but he feared the FedCom more than he disliked Max Liao

Exactly why I wanted him on the throne. :p

Exactly why he didn't get it.

*sigh* Well I got the Battlemech research lines, so that's good. Sides as far as I can tell, the only thing being built there right now is the Flea. And seeing as that's being produced for Jaime and his Wolfs. I think I should probably stop trying to copy it. Rather not piss him off.

It's not like you blew it up....
That's good news.
[dice]2248[/dice]

Slowing down a bit.

Sweet, marking the Null system and Spector down as top priority research.

It's WAY beyond their current capabilities... and you got the specs from the core.

True, but I like keeping to both the spirit and the letter of my contracts. And we did sign one with the Magistrix.

Keeping to the spirit of your deals? In Battletech? o_O
Right then, time to allocate some more funds to that.

Another mission is sent... this time with LOTS of BIG cargo droppers

Hmm, so basically we got broad overview, instead of the exact details on anything above a dropship. Damn, and I was hoping for the ability to make the Bug-Eye's stealth and surveillance equipment and make a new Jumpship design with it.
Not happening

Oh well, time to start putting out bounties on functional Star lords, Tramps, Monoliths, Invaders, and Merchants. Or buy the designs I suppose. Hmph, probably start thinking of getting dropships too.

You already have specs for most of the major civilian designs, just your yard is fried.

It's a lot stuff, not surprised at all.

yep

Uhh, seeing as we asked permission from the reigning government and are acting in concert with them. I don't really think that matters? Unless your talking about Pirates or the Marians, or the Federation.
[dice]2249[/dice]

Rival lostech prospectors...
Whew, good. Uhh, just so you know, we also alerted the OWA about this investigation as well.
[dice]2250[/dice]

And you think you're onto something. One moar roll

Hmm, suppose I should develop that. More training, yay.

alrighty.

Conciliatory stance, firm but polite.
  • We will return the planets Menke, and Victoria.

That soothes things over somewhat...

• We will keep Yuris, Rollis, Corodiz, and Zanzibar.
  • We may return Muridox and Larsha.

I'm assuming you don't say the other two up front...
  • We would like copies of the designs of the Monolith, Merchant, and Invader Jumpships
  • We would like copies of the designs of the Mammoth, Mule, Excalibur, Avenger, Triumph, Achilles, and Overlord Dropships.
[dice]2251[/dice]

Confederation can't offer you all that... and theoretically you can put some of those into production or negotiate with others.

And you have the specs for the Jumbo floating around...

Roll a d6 for each of the designs first made before 2765.
That's about what I figured, both in looks and her desire for this marriage.

So, how would she like to play this. To be frank myself, I'd rather not have a marriage that ends with our two nations at war(or a dagger in my back). I'm more then willing to act like we're just too incompatible to work out, if that's what she wants.

You're at least not a philandering idiot like Robert. She's willing to get to know you.

Plus she does understand her mothers logic and a single unified Periphery state would have a much better time resisting Inner Sphere aggression.

Hmm, good, and with the war over with, I can finally start up a research division for new weaponry. And with the data from the Hegemony core, that ought to make it even easier.

What are you looking to make?

You get no real manufacturing gear but plenty of the tools needed to enact repairs.
It's a start then.

Displaying them along side the TDF with salvaged Liao mechs being displayed as war trophies might help.

Some people will hate it but they'll never be satisfied.
True and if there was ever a good time for an open Davion visit this is it.

I imagine Hanse will be lurking across the border with a couple of RCTs just in case though.

Or put the bunker-age down a bit and also fit 6 more gunboats as well...
Also a possibility but my understanding is that the bunkerage is one of the Vengeance's weaknesses so at least half the saved tonnage should go into better cargo/fuel.

At this point they're in field trials. They're pretty inaccurate but some wartime tests... well... wanna know what a stringer looks like after it gets a shot from an MRM40 to the face? :p
They are what they are and accuracy doesn't matter quite so much if you're using against something that can't dodge - using them as bunker busters and to hammer slow-moving assault tanks and 'Mechs seems roughly ideal. Although if you can hit a Stinger with that many MRMs...

Great.

Yes there is. And they're still grumbing they want to reverse engineer the Toro :p
Well if we had a database of the era's technical data... oh! Good news! See if the Memory Core has any information - the Hegemony no doubt had some technical data from having fought against the Toro - and the Talos for that matter.

The Maultier is now under production and 2d6 on the armor
[dice]2252[/dice]

[dice]2253[/dice] [dice]2254[/dice] [dice]2255[/dice]

[dice]2256[/dice] [dice]2257[/dice]

They found 2d4 mech regiments, 3d4 vehicle regiments, all out of date by SL standards... and a complete Terran Hegemony Library Memory Core.
[dice]2259[/dice] [dice]2262[/dice] (edited as I rolled 2d4 for tanks at first. and _whoa_ that's a lot of hardware!)

I believe Ian was sending a RCT to support them. I'll send the Taurian Guards in as well.
[dice]2261[/dice]

Jason after a couple drinks and in private says they're massing for an attack on Betelgeuse.
I'll share any intel data I can to support the attack. Liao losing a major industrial world would further destabilise Max's rule and also leave the outer regions of Sian Commonality looking rather unsecure.

You seriously get him thinking. He's going to have to have some long talks with his father when he gets home.
Excellent

this leads to something of an argument to put it gently.

James betides the squeamishness and inactivity of the Federals... while Gerald says if the provincial regiments would actually do as they're told and not... say... attack House Liao without authorization or backup, then maybe they might be able to do something real.
So the provinces would like more federal support for their operations against House Liao, which might be forthcoming if they coordinated more with the LCCC?

Will the two of them be staying long enough to meet Ian Davion on his state visit. (That would be my preference - the current heir to the FWL meeting the First Prince could bolster FS-FWL relations which are already relatively good).

"I could back then! I was self-taught!"

Ayala just shudders in musical horror. Ah Adults vs Teenagers in bands

Done. As soon as we come up with an excuse to have the design

The prevailing view is that with the way the TC is currently rolling out new mechs, designs and recovering old ones well in a few years time no one will really care about an excuse.

Mostly they'll be concerned with either a) nicking the design b) buying them from you

@#$#@%#$@#!!!!

Try again.

On that note roll for Recruitment 3026 please

She has my personal thanks.

We will see what the future brings.

You've just saved her a few billion dollars in C-Bills in setting up a new factory, of course she's happy.

Its just marrying Lisa would make Katrina even happier

Heh.

I can't wait until she arrives.

Akeno's arrival following the revelation of Edward Liao-Calderon is actually fairly muted. The political circles have much more interesting things to talk about.

Akeno herself (have you watched DxD?) is a classic Yamato Nadeshiko, also her pet dog takes a liking to you right away.

... about half right. At least the damned souls of the SLDF being roasted in lakes of nuclear fire part. ^_^

Heh

"You son of a bitch..."

Kill stealing noob >_<

Nah Hanse is the OP player whose built up a massive force over time

I talk to my marshals. What's better? To keep it away from Grover Sharplin or use it as an excuse to have a force on hand ready to blow him up should the impulsive paranoid nut do something comically stupid?

Sadly he's not an impulsive paranoid nut. Grover's simply a powerful lord whose got legitimate grievances against the FedSuns whose a massive Romantic about the TC's storied past before the Star League.

Flaum's lord however is offering to foot a good bit of the bill himself however.

Done. And I want the Mackie to get "Reverse Engineered" and then put back into production.

The 9H?

Thankfully with all the TC's Vlar 300 lines its a fairly easy process to get them expanded even more as work is on going.

They expect the first Mackie to be rolling off early November 3026

With the 5th Guards books being re-opened on June 1st 3026 "Cornet Taurens" has gotten a promotion to Lance Commander in the 1st Guard as personal transfers happen.

The 5th's loyalty to the Protector gets rated as Fanatical right away.

VMI and TTI both get a Toro plant and I present them to the public by introducing the first of Bessie's "New Children"

PPL's board makes an impassioned plea to get a Toro plant as well

I simply nod. "Can do. See to it. And as for you... I have a job for you personally..."

I make him noble ruler of Haven. He's done more than enough to earn the honor.

And have the designs distributed wide and far... with the full compliments of the Taurian Concordant.

Aramis Dunn gracefully accepts the honor.

When the design for the J/U water filter truck is presented on the 1st anniversary of your reign to the major courts of human space, jaws drop, your praises are sung and you've scored a major diplomatic victory.

Comstar graciously spreads the design to every world its contact with as a "Shining example of humanity", by late May Skobel, a Terran company, has used the open sourced design to begin pumping out thousands a month. They quickly come to prominence as the major provider for worlds within 250 LY of Terra.

Oh, I mean the technology will in time become very worthwhile so best to start on it now while building a day-hawk like design.

I don't like the grenade launcher and would rather have a MG based weapon and additional ground speed and secondary arms.

Oh yes your Marshalls would love to have plenty of Commandos equipped with Nighthawks as well. That ECM and stealth systems are something else.

Its really more a matter of time before regular NightHawks can be built, they'll get there eventually

Good plan...

I spend some time looking into the New Dallas Core for records of deep sea diving exoskeletons...

I personally like more armor, more infantry, and I intend to attack a fully REGIMENT to tube arty to each formation.

Yeah. I'm building the TDF to murder the clans NOW so when they do show up...

Part of its the TDF's limited transport capability, until big droppers and more jump collars show up a 1-1-1 unit is about the maximum that can be projected reliably as a single force.

Crap. I need some way to get people in on this project even if I have to partially farm it the hell out!

Which is fine and dandy in a battlemech but isn't needed in a fucking personal music player.

"Consumer goods are designed to break with heavy use..."

Planned obsolescence is a thing.

BT Consumers have a suggestion for planned obsolescence; Nuke it, nuke the designers, nuke their factories then nuke the planet the owners live on.

Unless somethings food or meant to be disposable (aka wipes etc) people hate fragile goods that break in under a decade.

Most goods are supposed to last at 70 years (of every day usage) before breaking.

Oh, and who doesn't find this at all fucking suspicious?

Given Isis is very much a Ten, and from the latest photo's has turned that into becoming the hottest MILF this side of Katrina Steiner.

Flipside is that TMI pretty much guarantees that the Liao's didn't pull off the Dropship kill, now if little Edward had been born before hand.....

And I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't conceived in a goddamned lab. All you need is one discarded condom and one insane plotting douche bag... you know. Par for course?

There is that, however Isis was known to visit the Concordat and Edward (Senior) a fair bit before hand.

If I have to I'll sell the fucking manors and send him the money

Its pocket change for you

I pretty much am very blunt. Does he really fear New Avalon so much that he'd kneel to the Celestial Throne?

Lets just say my response to this is blistering enough to cause paint to peel.

On the same note I want them all watched like hawks. If they BREATH too hard I want to know about it.

Given the Worlds bordering the Capellan March all consistently view the Federated Suns as an active and dangerous threat (raiding has only been stopped for seven months), they very much fear New Avalon and its ambitions vs the Celestial Throne which has been raiding the TC at a vastly lower scale.

There's a reason the Concordat Cuirassiers as of January 3025 didn't take prisoners when fighting FedSuns forces, a policy officially stopped once you were recalled because the Colonel isn't a complete political dimwit.

These worlds are also the ones that will absolutely go furious if an actual alliance with the FedSuns is signed without a significant boon (aka old TC worlds returned). Not only the Lords but the planetary populations.

Flipside is that your opposition has pretty much polarized around a single tent pole. They aren't actually doing anything at the moment however but TMI is keeping a sharp eye on them.

I smell Bullshit in the air.

Max for all his ego has a keen eye on the strategic situation, pitching in CCAF forces to fight a civil war in the Concordat would only weaken him.

Stirring up trouble domestically for you on the other hand, well its not costing him a dime.

If I decide to enact a policy of interference, he'll be the first to know.

And now he dares to dictate policy..

Its not so much dictate policy as a notification of "Stay out of the affairs of Successor States, and I'll ignore you. Don't, well be prepared to take your lumps."

Polity request that my kinsman be sent to live with his family and homeland and a polite and somewhat positive from his POV but actually utterly non-committal response to the rest.

I expect him to say no.

Max's response is a very public gesture.

He's raised Edward Liao-Calderon as the ruler of Rollis with Isis Liao as his regent.

Max also politely notes that tearing a month old baby from the arms of his mother is a rather drastic step to take. However he does support Edward's links to the Concordat and has already established a trust in Edwards name to pay for his education at any Concordat university or Academy.

In the meantime I need to talk to the canopians. And need to meet Emma and her mother.

I also want to meet madam Humphreys

I'll also want to talk to the both all at the same time.

Kyalla suggests a meeting over Detroit with Duchess Humphreys in November. Would that be acceptable?

And once we have the Helm or illyria core I send a message to Hanse. We need to talk as well. And i'll need a personal rep for Katrina Steiner there who's empowered to make critical decisions that she will abide by. I need someone beyond ambassador but a personal envoy.

Depending on the results of the above two, they might be included in the third.

Breaking News for August 3025: Comstar News Bureau

* After the recent Liao occupation of Stein's Field the Federated Suns has been reporting shocking news of human experimentation by the occupying Liao forces. Photos of heavily burnt and mutilated bodies in tanks (think SWs bacta tanks) are shown. Claims that locals were tortured and mutilated to provide subjects for medical experimentation

CapCon officials strongly deny any wrong doing, insisting that the individuals in question are soldiers in the CCAF and the units in question are part of prototype surgical system to heal the wounded.

Noted Mechwarrior and close friend of Hanse Davion Colonel Adran Sortek who was injured in repulsing the Capellan invasion has joined the First Prince on Argyle[/quote]

Last edited:
Ayala just shudders in musical horror. Ah Adults vs Teenagers in bands

"I wasn't that bad!"

The prevailing view is that with the way the TC is currently rolling out new mechs, designs and recovering old ones well in a few years time no one will really care about an excuse.

Mostly they'll be concerned with either a) nicking the design b) buying them from you

Heh. True true.
On that note roll for Recruitment 3026 please

Done

You've just saved her a few billion dollars in C-Bills in setting up a new factory, of course she's happy.

Its just marrying Lisa would make Katrina even happier

We'll see. Right now chances are good.

Akeno's arrival following the revelation of Edward Liao-Calderon is actually fairly muted. The political circles have much more interesting things to talk about.

I see

Akeno herself (have you watched DxD?) is a classic Yamato Nadeshiko, also her pet dog takes a liking to you right away.

I spend some time talking to her and make it clear... she's free to do as she wishes here. Hell, if she decides she doesn't want to be with me she doesn't have to be. Though I do find her intensely desirable physically and intellectually, it's ultimately her choice.

That said, if she wishes it... we're going to break the goddamned box spring.

Nah Hanse is the OP player whose built up a massive force over time

He also cost me valuable training experience which I will point out in time.

Sadly he's not an impulsive paranoid nut. Grover's simply a powerful lord whose got legitimate grievances against the FedSuns whose a massive Romantic about the TC's storied past before the Star League.

Flaum's lord however is offering to foot a good bit of the bill himself however.

Guess the paranod nut part came with power and age

Good enough for me

Yep

Thankfully with all the TC's Vlar 300 lines its a fairly easy process to get them expanded even more as work is on going.

They expect the first Mackie to be rolling off early November 3026

Good technically simple assault mech with a kickass loadout. Nothing says loving like paired PPCs and an AC20 backed by medium lasers.

With the 5th Guards books being re-opened on June 1st 3026 "Cornet Taurens" has gotten a promotion to Lance Commander in the 1st Guard as personal transfers happen.

The 5th's loyalty to the Protector gets rated as Fanatical right away.

And there's a huge celebration.

PPL's board makes an impassioned plea to get a Toro plant as well

Done!

Aramis Dunn gracefully accepts the honor.

He's spent a lifetime dedicated to humanity and to the Concordant. He deserves it. Let it never be said that being a decent humanbeing is a thankless job, and as long as his family says true to this example they will forever have the thanks of the Concordant.

When the design for the J/U water filter truck is presented on the 1st anniversary of your reign to the major courts of human space, jaws drop, your praises are sung and you've scored a major diplomatic victory.

And I'm well pleased

Comstar graciously spreads the design to every world its contact with as a "Shining example of humanity", by late May Skobel, a Terran company, has used the open sourced design to begin pumping out thousands a month. They quickly come to prominence as the major provider for worlds within 250 LY of Terra.

Not at all suspicious. I want lines set up as well to make sure this doesn't end in terrans controlling the goddamned supply. Again.
Oh yes your Marshalls would love to have plenty of Commandos equipped with Nighthawks as well. That ECM and stealth systems are something else.

Its really more a matter of time before regular NightHawks can be built, they'll get there eventually

Goodie Good. And in the meantime we'll have our standard mobile infantry suits

Part of its the TDF's limited transport capability, until big droppers and more jump collars show up a 1-1-1 unit is about the maximum that can be projected reliably as a single force.

I see. Well, lets get started then...

BT Consumers have a suggestion for planned obsolescence; Nuke it, nuke the designers, nuke their factories then nuke the planet the owners live on.

Well, in this case it would be planned obsolescene in the sense that "In 10 years it'll be technologically obsolete". I mean look at the old Nokia phones. I swear you could fit them into an AC10, shoot them at a clanner, have it penitrate the armor, then some clanner tech would dig it out and make a call :D :p :D

Unless somethings food or meant to be disposable (aka wipes etc) people hate fragile goods that break in under a decade.

Most goods are supposed to last at 70 years (of every day usage) before breaking.

Still, I want this program continued and have my reasons.

Given Isis is very much a Ten, and from the latest photo's has turned that into becoming the hottest MILF this side of Katrina Steiner.

Flipside is that TMI pretty much guarantees that the Liao's didn't pull off the Dropship kill, now if little Edward had been born before hand.....

No mother you may not have another... not matter how much I'd like to give it to you.

There is that, however Isis was known to visit the Concordat and Edward (Senior) a fair bit before hand.

Liao Honey Trap. Greaaat.

Its pocket change for you

Fair enough.

Given the Worlds bordering the Capellan March all consistently view the Federated Suns as an active and dangerous threat (raiding has only been stopped for seven months), they very much fear New Avalon and its ambitions vs the Celestial Throne which has been raiding the TC at a vastly lower scale.

Oh, I have no love for Micheal Hansk-Davion either. Just I tend to see him as the problem, not Hanse.

There's a reason the Concordat Cuirassiers as of January 3025 didn't take prisoners when fighting FedSuns forces, a policy officially stopped once you were recalled because the Colonel isn't a complete political dimwit.

Alright. Good.

These worlds are also the ones that will absolutely go furious if an actual alliance with the FedSuns is signed without a significant boon (aka old TC worlds returned). Not only the Lords but the planetary populations.

Makes perfect sense... and frankly I intend to extort the shit out of the old man.

Flipside is that your opposition has pretty much polarized around a single tent pole. They aren't actually doing anything at the moment however but TMI is keeping a sharp eye on them.

Good

Max for all his ego has a keen eye on the strategic situation, pitching in CCAF forces to fight a civil war in the Concordat would only weaken him.

Stirring up trouble domestically for you on the other hand, well its not costing him a dime.

Oh in time it's going to cost him is ass when I move in hard and from behind.
Its not so much dictate policy as a notification of "Stay out of the affairs of Successor States, and I'll ignore you. Don't, well be prepared to take your lumps."

I stay mostly non-committal but my personal attitude it "Eventually you will drop the soap and on that day the Heath Inspector will be there to make you pick it up. Because hygiene and shit."

Max's response is a very public gesture.

He's raised Edward Liao-Calderon as the ruler of Rollis with Isis Liao as his regent.

Unless he's ceeding the goddamned world I'm in no way placated.

Max also politely notes that tearing a month old baby from the arms of his mother is a rather drastic step to take. However he does support Edward's links to the Concordat and has already established a trust in Edwards name to pay for his education at any Concordat university or Academy.

Who said she couldn't come too?

Kyalla suggests a meeting over Detroit with Duchess Humphreys in November. Would that be acceptable?

Yes. Though I'd like to talk to Kayalla first and I ask her to bring Emma.

Breaking News for August 3025: Comstar News Bureau

* After the recent Liao occupation of Stein's Field the Federated Suns has been reporting shocking news of human experimentation by the occupying Liao forces. Photos of heavily burnt and mutilated bodies in tanks (think SWs bacta tanks) are shown. Claims that locals were tortured and mutilated to provide subjects for medical experimentation

CapCon officials strongly deny any wrong doing, insisting that the individuals in question are soldiers in the CCAF and the units in question are part of prototype surgical system to heal the wounded.

Noted Mechwarrior and close friend of Hanse Davion Colonel Adran Sortek who was injured in repulsing the Capellan invasion has joined the First Prince on Argyle

Speaking of soap...
[dice]2266[/dice]

Last edited:
That said she probably came once shot too close to a PPC decapitation...

Oh yes, it was close but a rewarding clash of skill for both of you. Elizabeth suggests some drills and maneuvers to work on to increase your agility while piloting a Mech

I almost cry at seeing that and she might notice me looking at it a bit steamy eyed.

If she asks, "It's a symbol of a dream."

Nice.

You've established a very solid working relationship. Then had a bunch of fun when you discovered a number of ST:TOS uniforms (all cleaned and the Captain's outfit fits you perfectly!)

I'm going to have to negotiate this with her, Katrina, and Hanse, esp once I get the one of the other memory cores.

I have my own plans and evil plots. But from the moment I waked in there Lisa was one of the women I was absolutely intending to marry.

I need to get her to worm up to Kara though. I REALLY LIKE Kara goddamnit.

Sadly you aren't in a dating game where you get to savescum to get the 100% ending. End of the day some folks just don't get along at all, if you're striving for a multi partner relationship this is one of the big things that will sour it.

Good. If I can get Kara in the list,, very good.

Heh, its Mayumi and Kara, with Akeno as your concubine, Mayumi's just slightly more open to the idea of a few other ladies drifting in and out.

I'm friendly and respectful but I'll let Allard have her. They have a good kid who should really be the one to inherit the rump capcom once Hanse and I are done with them.

Assuming of course Canon hasn't had ROB take a bat to it XD

Considering the sheer number of plants I intend to bring into the Concordant via colonization at the very least, said estate will probably be "a planet"

Which is actually pretty damn tempting, its a big part of the reason she's considering this. At the level of nobility she's at marriages for love are rare indeed, acquiring riches and power for her children is a solid investment.

Well bargened and done. I'll try and negotiate with hanse for Internal autonomy for the worlds of the United HIndu Collective. They were kinda bent into full assimilation into the Fedsuns during the events of the 1st succession war.

Unofficially Hanse is dropping hints that he's thinking about creating two new Marches, the Taurian March and Outworlds March. In your case he's either suggesting one of Morgan's eventual children marry one your eventual children creating a Hasek-Calderon line, or that perhaps Miriam and Morgan themselves marry with their second child becoming the new March Lord.

Oh, I intend to use them as my bridge to the Lyran buisness market.

A role Duchess Vanderzham is more than perfectly happy to play. She also suggests something involving a schoolgirl outfit and teacher's uniform.

Understood. I'm perfectly happy leaving them to their careers and being the best friend with benefits/baby daddy. And will happily recognize and give excruciatingly high noble titles to any kids even if they're not my heirs.

Which is pretty reasonable and least a few years down the line

I actually snort in contempt. Not towards Maddie, never towards maddie, but towards the Magistrix. "If she wanted our aid, she only had to fucking ask. That said, I'm going to need to meet Emma."

As for Maddie, if she'd like I'd like to continue to remain lovers and friends. I give all of two shits about this.

"Oh she will, I'm sure this was how does that saying go," Madeline notes as she starts unbuttoning your field uniform. "Priming the pump so to speak. I'm sure she'll wait a bit before contacting you with an official request for aid. "

Madeline's really only has two passions in her life right now you and learning how to build massive orbital structures. She might be a bit on the mono focused side but it takes all sorts and even thinking about that Tango gets your blood flowing.

I know and it was my plan walking into this. I want to forge a larger preiphery realm and would have used louis to bring her realm into it as well if it was not for Saito. I am ambitious and like to plot, but I do not want to use other people like tools.

There's still Helena Humphries, she's the sixteen year old daughter of Michael Humphries (he's the heir to the Duchy). In a few years perhaps

I need to meet her before hand. I also need to meet Hanse and at least someone with the right to speak with Katrina's authority... probably Nandi.

My eventual plan is this. A marriage to Emma and Lisa (the primary wives). Return of the Taurian space in the Fed Suns. A merger of realms with the Magestry. A full alliance with the Federated Commonwealth. An agreement reclaiming of the land stolen from the Canopians during the Unification Wars via negotiation or conflict. In exchange they get our full backup in the invasion of the Confederation and a Star League memory core of their very own.

That's very ambitious. However several serious practical issues stand in the way; among them the Magistry's long and sometimes prickly relationship with the Concordat.

It's a start then.

It lets you retask some of your faculties to full production.

True and if there was ever a good time for an open Davion visit this is it.

I imagine Hanse will be lurking across the border with a couple of RCTs just in case though.

Of course.

Also a possibility but my understanding is that the bunkerage is one of the Vengeance's weaknesses so at least half the saved tonnage should go into better cargo/fuel.

At least a good chunk should. Still, over a thousand tons is respectable.

They are what they are and accuracy doesn't matter quite so much if you're using against something that can't dodge - using them as bunker busters and to hammer slow-moving assault tanks and 'Mechs seems roughly ideal. Although if you can hit a Stinger with that many MRMs...

There's a battlerom.

The stinger didn't explode as much as evaporate.

Well if we had a database of the era's technical data... oh! Good news! See if the Memory Core has any information - the Hegemony no doubt had some technical data from having fought against the Toro - and the Talos for that matter.

Nobody likes a smartass... and they're put into production at PPL, TMI, and VMI all want to put them into full and immediate production... once they have proper excuses.

Armor is slow going but now that you have the fucking PRODUCTION SPECS on the ORIGINAL MEMORY CORE...

[dice]2253[/dice] [dice]2254[/dice] [dice]2255[/dice]

APC is still having the chinks worked out, the Bulldog design is going slow, and the Ballista is almost done.

[dice]2256[/dice] [dice]2257[/dice]

Helm they know where it is but its GETTING IN that is hard

And reminder of what is on Dixie?
[dice]2259[/dice] [dice]2262[/dice] (edited as I rolled 2d4 for tanks at first. and _whoa_ that's a lot of hardware!)

They brought about a third of it over... most of the up to date mechs. They'd like another trip with larger dropships. It's going to take multiple to loot the damned place.

I believe Ian was sending a RCT to support them. I'll send the Taurian Guards in as well.
[dice]2261[/dice]

All things considered, the Liao troops put up a hell of a fight, but they're forced to run under the utterly overwealming numbers sent at them.

I'll share any intel data I can to support the attack. Liao losing a major industrial world would further destabilise Max's rule and also leave the outer regions of Sian Commonality looking rather unsecure.

You ask Ian to do the same?

So the provinces would like more federal support for their operations against House Liao, which might be forthcoming if they coordinated more with the LCCC?

"Exactly."

"Like we'd ever get it..."

*DOUBLE GLARE*

Will the two of them be staying long enough to meet Ian Davion on his state visit. (That would be my preference - the current heir to the FWL meeting the First Prince could bolster FS-FWL relations which are already relatively good).

It's going to be some time... it might not be doable.

First response here

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/a-calderon-is-you.1609/page-11#post-355120

Oh yes, it was close but a rewarding clash of skill for both of you. Elizabeth suggests some drills and maneuvers to work on to increase your agility while piloting a Mech

Fair enough. I will freely admit I've always been the "I like big guns and I cannot lie" type of pilot probably to my own detriment at times.

When I was 10 I had dreams of reinventing the Gauss Rifle which I still maintain is the most awesome weapon ever bolted onto two giant stompy legs. :p

You've established a very solid working relationship. Then had a bunch of fun when you discovered a number of ST:TOS uniforms (all cleaned and the Captain's outfit fits you perfectly!)

YES!

I miss this person and I never even knew him... :(

Sadly you aren't in a dating game where you get to savescum to get the 100% ending. End of the day some folks just don't get along at all, if you're striving for a multi partner relationship this is one of the big things that will sour it.

I know. I know.

Though as long as it doesn't alienate anyone I can try and soften things a bit and try.

Heh, its Mayumi and Kara, with Akeno as your concubine, Mayumi's just slightly more open to the idea of a few other ladies drifting in and out.

Heh. Alright.

Assuming of course Canon hasn't had ROB take a bat to it XD

I'm not fucking around in that area, mainly because the situation there is so fragile.

Which is actually pretty damn tempting, its a big part of the reason she's considering this. At the level of nobility she's at marriages for love are rare indeed, acquiring riches and power for her children is a solid investment.

Fair enough. Still, I'm not really doing it unless there is honest affection.

Unofficially Hanse is dropping hints that he's thinking about creating two new Marches, the Taurian March and Outworlds March. In your case he's either suggesting one of Morgan's eventual children marry one your eventual children creating a Hasek-Calderon line, or that perhaps Miriam and Morgan themselves marry with their second child becoming the new March Lord.

I'm going to need to talk to him eventually (IE once we have one of the two Star League cores) about an alternate offer...

A role Duchess Vanderzham is more than perfectly happy to play. She also suggests something involving a schoolgirl outfit and teacher's uniform.

Ah, freaky lyran girls....

Which is pretty reasonable and least a few years down the line

Yep. I try and be reasonable to everyone.

"Oh she will, I'm sure this was how does that saying go," Madeline notes as she starts unbuttoning your field uniform. "Priming the pump so to speak. I'm sure she'll wait a bit before contacting you with an official request for aid. "

Madeline's really only has two passions in her life right now you and learning how to build massive orbital structures. She might be a bit on the mono focused side but it takes all sorts and even thinking about that Tango gets your blood flowing.

Well, I can be as passionate as she likes and I'll hook her up on the Giant Space Structures aspect.

There's still Helena Humphries, she's the sixteen year old daughter of Michael Humphries (he's the heir to the Duchy). In a few years perhaps

We can meet eventually.

That's very ambitious. However several serious practical issues stand in the way; among them the Magistry's long and sometimes prickly relationship with the Concordat.

I understand completely. But you have to plan big and my hope is to frankly build a periphery version of the FedCom both as something of a counter point to the Steiner-Davion realm and to put us firmly in the Big Boys seat, probably in place of the Capallan Confederation.

Last edited:
They have them worked out right quick and would like to negotiate a lone.

Quickschell is EXTREMELY interested and already is asking for a production license.

The ammo on these things is pretty much dirt cheap. It's literally 1/6 the price per ton than LRM and SRM ammo. They see shit tons of potential for "MRM Carriers" as a staple of the Militia market.

Harley is thinking yes but also wants to produce them herself...

Harley gets her loan. As for Quikcell, well I never did get around to them building a plant in the TC. Samantha eventually ends up agreeing after getting them to sweat for bit just because.

Happy rapey-rape times.

One more roll.
[dice]2264[/dice]

What is it with her and perverted employers...?

"Well Rally you just seem to radiate an aura that says 'tease me'." Samantha replies with a grin before turning very serious "I lost every single member of my extended family. Life is far too short and precious to waste worrying about things when its there to be lived. I'll pursue my desires whenever it doesn't conflict with my duty."

What she means is own a company and still be a merc?

That could work. Samantha's wondering what Rally wants to focus on: Car restoration, building new ones?

Clever.

They accept the offer.

Samantha ensures that suitable land on Jamestown is found, and pays the bills.

Samantha carefully masses forces including the 1st Taurian Lancers to give it a nice combined arms feel. Two full wings of ASF (one Merc, one TDF) are attached along with a horde of gunships to smash the Pirates flat.

Captain Revy's company provide any assistance?

Also the Dragoons eta is for when?

Harley gets her loan. As for Quikcell, well I never did get around to them building a plant in the TC. Samantha eventually ends up agreeing after getting them to sweat for bit just because.

Done. And everyone comes out happy and rich. And with tons of things that explode randomly. Be it MRMs hitting everything in the general forward cone (sometimes even the target) or Quikcell's quality control in action! :D

>_<

"Well Rally you just seem to radiate an aura that says 'tease me'." Samantha replies with a grin before turning very serious "I lost every single member of my extended family. Life is far too short and precious to waste worrying about things when its there to be lived. I'll pursue my desires whenever it doesn't conflict with my duty."

"Fair enough," she replies, "Only family I had was my dad."

That could work. Samantha's wondering what Rally wants to focus on: Car restoration, building new ones?

She's willing to go for both! :D

Samantha ensures that suitable land on Jamestown is found, and pays the bills.

Alright. And done.

Samantha carefully masses forces including the 1st Taurian Lancers to give it a nice combined arms feel. Two full wings of ASF (one Merc, one TDF) are attached along with a horde of gunships to smash the Pirates flat.

Okay. Roll for deployment

Captain Revy's company provide any assistance?

Not currently in contact. 2d6

Also the Dragoons eta is for when?

Another two months... it's not a small force

Its seems Zoom 6s scene of a hot pilot getting out of a Sabre and challenging "Tom Axel" to a motorcycle duel paid off in spades vs your sponsored film!

Recruitment and quality is up for second year running

I spend some time talking to her and make it clear... she's free to do as she wishes here. Hell, if she decides she doesn't want to be with me she doesn't have to be. Though I do find her intensely desirable physically and intellectually, it's ultimately her choice.

That said, if she wishes it... we're going to break the goddamned box spring.

You break the goddamned box spring. Akeno Kurita was graciously handed over to you by the Co-ordinator, she's perfectly happy learning what field of study interests her at University. Really her only question is when you plan on giving her children.

He also cost me valuable training experience which I will point out in time.

Hanse claims he saved you a trip of a few hundred light years. Not to mention he had already claimed "dibs". Honestly speaking Tortuga's pirates only bothered the TC very occasionally vs the FedSuns.

Guess the paranod nut part came with power and age

Power can do that to a man.

The Goldsteins eagerly get involved in setting up your Arty school.

Good technically simple assault mech with a kickass loadout. Nothing says loving like paired PPCs and an AC20 backed by medium lasers.

Hat in the Ring promptly beings messing around with the Mackie, its remarkably similar to the Urbie in a lot of ways.

Any Talos plants? TTI, PPL and VMI get booked solid for 25 years by every single noble in the TC capable of affording it pre-order a Toro.

He's spent a lifetime dedicated to humanity and to the Concordant. He deserves it. Let it never be said that being a decent humanbeing is a thankless job, and as long as his family says true to this example they will forever have the thanks of the Concordant.

Heh, Haven ends up attracting a large number of some of the brightest and also the most fanatical of the Farlookers. Aramis Dunn is a massive inspiration and such a gesture wins you die hard supporters among them.

Not at all suspicious. I want lines set up as well to make sure this doesn't end in terrans controlling the goddamned supply. Again.

Considering your staff basically had work started before you even sent the data out, well you're making money hand over fist. No one company actually controls supply and with the core J/U water filter design open sourced no one actually can. Skobel is simply the first to market manufacture in that region who can actually pump the design out fast.

The major Corps (Starcorps, Earthwerks) are bringing their plants online, and even Quikcell is getting into the game.

In the DC the Co-ordinator has granted the exclusive right to manufacture a privately held Kuritan company, which has promptly subcontracted manufacture out to rapidly build and distribute the J/U units

Really the only losers in the whole deal is the Ryan Ice Cartel and any planetary lord who relied upon exclusive control of potable water.

Goodie Good. And in the meantime we'll have our standard mobile infantry suits

I see. Well, lets get started then...

A slow but steady progress upwards, by 3050 having big Combined Arms units will be a breeze

Well, in this case it would be planned obsolescene in the sense that "In 10 years it'll be technologically obsolete". I mean look at the old Nokia phones. I swear you could fit them into an AC10, shoot them at a clanner, have it penitrate the armor, then some clanner tech would dig it out and make a call :D :p :D

What do you think BT armor is really made out of?

Still, I want this program continued and have my reasons.

You've got your pet project, just don't expect results fast.

No mother you may not have another... not matter how much I'd like to give it to you.

Liao Honey Trap. Greaaat.

Your Aunt kindly doesn't point out all the various honey pots you've been dipping into.

Oh, I have no love for Micheal Hansk-Davion either. Just I tend to see him as the problem, not Hanse.

Sadly its the effect of "We hate X, since Y is X's boss we hate Y as well." On a more positive note by the time you smash the Haven and Hanse smashes Tortuga the worlds on the Crucius March border are much more optimistic; read they think there is a decent chance working with the FedSuns won't be an utter disaster.

Makes perfect sense... and frankly I intend to extort the shit out of the old man.
Regaining the Pleiades would frankly cover a massive multitude of sins.

Oh in time it's going to cost him is ass when I move in hard and from behind.

I stay mostly non-committal but my personal attitude it "Eventually you will drop the soap and on that day the Heath Inspector will be there to make you pick it up. Because hygiene and shit."

Oh there is that. It is 3025, there are two premier multi regiment mercenary forces in existence. The Big MAC is practically on your border and has shown the ability to slap the forces of the AFFS around. He's trying to deal with the big issue of the FedSuns and LC alliance first and foremost

Unless he's ceeding the goddamned world I'm in no way placated.

You might not be but the move is a massive hit within the Concordat.

Who said she couldn't come too?

It didn't read that way for me. Isis is more than happy to visit Taurus once Edward is old enough to travel well.

Yes. Though I'd like to talk to Kayalla first and I ask her to bring Emma.

None of the antics of Sword and Dagger on New Avalon seemed to have occurred your ambassador reports. Colonel Sortek was raised to Prince's Champion shortly after returning from the First Prince's summer palace on Argyle and some of the household staff of that Palace were dismissed.

You discover a note on your desk mid august with stationary entitled "SS BROB": "One big rock but also a few small pebbles make some interesting new patterns" it literally falls apart into light in your hand and no one else notices

Comstar News Network August 27th 3025

* Precentor Dieron, Myndo Whaterly passes away after a tragic boating accident on the waters outside Hilton Head.

Fair enough. I will freely admit I've always been the "I like big guns and I cannot lie" type of pilot probably to my own detriment at times.

When I was 10 I had dreams of reinventing the Gauss Rifle which I still maintain is the most awesome weapon ever bolted onto two giant stompy legs. :p

Liz wouldn't mind recovering that piece of LosTech either. A big powerful rifle with great range.

YES!

I miss this person and I never even knew him... :(

Jame Tiberius Calderon was a great man, a massive fan of ST;TOS and on review of his photos a hearty one hundred years old and married to a remarkably flexible young lady.

I'm not fucking around in that area, mainly because the situation there is so fragile.

XD

OOC: Doppelganger plot has vanished into the ether, Justin's antics however are go!

I'm going to need to talk to him eventually (IE once we have one of the two Star League cores) about an alternate offer.

After you release the J/U specs Hanse will be hounding you for a meet.

Well, I can be as passionate as she likes and I'll hook her up on the Giant Space Structures aspect.

Its the main reason Madeline's on Taurus in the first place. She's currently perusing her PhD on the subject, and is bright and talented enough that she's already getting job offers.

We can meet eventually.

That Catherine will have her granddaughter accompanying her on the Detroit meet and greet has no real meaning at all.

I understand completely. But you have to plan big and my hope is to frankly build a periphery version of the FedCom both as something of a counter point to the Steiner-Davion realm and to put us firmly in the Big Boys seat, probably in place of the Capallan Confederation.

Noted

Done. And everyone comes out happy and rich. And with tons of things that explode randomly. Be it MRMs hitting everything in the general forward cone (sometimes even the target) or Quikcell's quality control in action! :D

Ah good times. Good times

"Fair enough," she replies, "Only family I had was my dad."
She's willing to go for both! :D

Samantha has her staff work with Rally on drawing up a business plan for a top end car repair business alongside a manufacturing business. The latter is no doubt significantly more expensive.

Okay. Roll for deployment

[dice]2268[/dice]

Not currently in contact. 2d6

[dice]2269[/dice]

Revy and crew got a little blotto and partied too hard didn't they.

Another two months... it's not a small force

A Regiment and the Black Widows?

Speaking of the DC just how did the plan to trick them into getting the needed parts for the Wolverine line work out?

In the meantime Samantha has a big birthday bash on September 14th, 3025. Samantha intends to wow the crowd and have a good time dancing

Any prominent local young lords (who aren't Grover who should be making his way back from the DC at this points)

Or prominent young ladies, Samantha doesn't discriminate

Any big name visitors?

Ah good times. Good times

Unless you're driving in Quikcell equipment... but then that's always rough times

Samantha has her staff work with Rally on drawing up a business plan for a top end car repair business alongside a manufacturing business. The latter is no doubt significantly more expensive.

Esp when Rally comes out and admits she'd also be interested in going into small arms...

But she's taking the chances given.
[dice]2268[/dice]

[dice]2269[/dice]

Revy and crew got a little blotto and partied too hard didn't they.

Yeah. They also seemingly well...

Your forces arrive to find the pirates putting up absolutely no resistance whatsoever.

It seems that the Black Lagooon Company has been busy.

It's why they've been out of contact for months. They've basically been mugging pirate bands and using their own rules to bend their arms into submission, ganking those who didn't play nice and forcing the others to bend at the knee.

Seems pirates haven is... well... under new ownership...

Revy has a message which basically is summed up as "So, does this make me a noble and shit?"

A Regiment and the Black Widows?

Speaking of the DC just how did the plan to trick them into getting the needed parts for the Wolverine line work out?

Beautifully.
In the meantime Samantha has a big birthday bash on September 14th, 3025. Samantha intends to wow the crowd and have a good time dancing

Any prominent local young lords (who aren't Grover who should be making his way back from the DC at this points)

Several. Morgan is still there. As is young lord Clarence Vanderzham (I retconned Mr. Bowie's name to match the 3067 head of the company)

There's also Temujin Liao, a young player from the Capallan Confederation who's come to represent his peoples economic interests. It's believed that he's probably Mask.

Richard Humphreys is also here... he's been sleeping his way through your court.

Or prominent young ladies, Samantha doesn't discriminate

As for ladies you can consider any of the ones you created for yours that make sense.

Any big name visitors?

Morgan made the extra time to stay for the party, and Richard Humphreys.

There's also a surprise arrival not long before. Ivan Steiner, eldest child of Nondi Steiner.

Yeah, but he feared the FedCom more than he disliked Max Liao
Well all water under the bridge now. Wonder how Candace is going to handle her fellow Concord members, now?

Exactly why he didn't get it.
Poor Tormano, even the sister that likes him, thinks he's pathetic.

It's not like you blew it up....
True, but given their general over protectiveness towards distributing their tech, might not be the best idea, especially if I make an offer to him of a bulk discount on military hardware for a schematic of the Star-Lord Jumpship he's got.

[dice]2273[/dice]
Slowing down a lot apparently

It's WAY beyond their current capabilities... and you got the specs from the core.
Alright, probably didn't phrase this right, I don't mean producing it, I mean researching how the Null Signature System and the Chameleon Light Polarization Shield work in the Spector. Basically figuring out the science behind how they work, and then figuring out a way to combine the two, kind like the Void Signature System, except I want to be able to put on anything, mechs, aerospace fighters, tanks, apcs, jumpships, dropships, everything. Which will probably be a long way off, if ever.

Keeping to the spirit of your deals? In Battletech? o_O
It's almost like I'm not a complete and total asshat.:p

Not to say that I'm not practical when necessary. Just if you can do a good deed without any ill gains, why not? Helps develop a good reputation, that you can take advantage of later.

Another mission is sent... this time with LOTS of BIG cargo droppers
Uhmm, what does the Tripitz need with a lot of Big cargo droppers?

Bah, there goes my dreams of turning the TMI into the premiere spy agency in the galaxy. :(

You already have specs for most of the major civilian designs, just your yard is fried.
Huh, did not know that, figured they were 'lost' or 'misplaced' somewhere on 'accident'

Rival lostech prospectors...
Ahh, those assholes. Swear to god Hanse, if these guys are in your employ and they steal another find right out from under us, I, I, I will probably sigh and deal with it.
[dice]2274[/dice]
And you think you're onto something. One moar roll
Hopefully it's something good.

[dice]2275[/dice]
Hmm, should I roll for it? Or will just proceed on auto? When in doubt, roll right?

[dice]2276[/dice]

That soothes things over somewhat...

I'm assuming you don't say the other two up front...
Oh hell no, I though this was issuing our diplomats a general mission statement on were we stand on returning planets and the like.

Confederation can't offer you all that... and theoretically you can put some of those into production or negotiate with others.
Huh, guess my data on what they were capable of producing was wrong. Well, ignore it then.

Just tell my diplomats to try to keep Muridox and Larsha if they can, and to absolutely not hand over Yuris, Rollis, Corodiz, and Zanzibar. I want to come out of this at least one up. Kind of doubt public opinion would approve of just handing back planets the TDF bled and died over.
And you have the specs for the Jumbo floating around...
Hmm, it can move more cargo then the Mule, and yet it was still replaced by it? Weird.

Roll a d6 for each of the designs first made before 2765.
[dice]2278[/dice]
[dice]2279[/dice]
[dice]2280[/dice]
[dice]2281[/dice]

[dice]2282[/dice]
[dice]2283[/dice]
[dice]2284[/dice]
You're at least not a philandering idiot like Robert. She's willing to get to know you.
And I'd be glad to get to know her. Professionally, personally, and if the situation should develop, intimately.

Plus she does understand her mothers logic and a single unified Periphery state would have a much better time resisting Inner Sphere aggression.
Hmm, true, but that would require an actual viable unified Periphery state. And as the situation stands now, I'm not entirely certain it would last past our marriage.

The sheer difference in the culture, society, morals, etc, between our two nations, and the lack of interaction due to the distance between us, would give rise to several cracks in any plans to unite the Magistracy and the Concordat. Cracks that could be exploited if say one of the Successor States decided to try to pull an Ian Cameron. Not to say that it would be impossible to overcome, but I'm not entirely sure we'd be able to pull it off in our generation. If we could actually expand our borders to the point that we shared one, and relax any travel restrictions, encouraged cross cultural exchanges, I could maybe see it be done in our grandchildren's generation. Though, if Emma would like to give it a try now, I might be open to it, depending on how we interact.

Though if it's an actual mutual defense alliance, along with economic and tech exchanges to promote a better relationship between our two nations, that her mother's after, I'm happy to sign on off on those as well.

What are you looking to make?
Short list of questions I pose to the Researchers. Probably going to need to get the universities on Taurus renovated first though.
  • Taking the basic ideas of the Rocket Launchers of the Late Terra Alliance, and scaling them up to Mech size. I want to be able to strap them to a mech or fighter, and then once the rockets have been fired, jettison the launchers to free up weight. Is it feasible?
  • Working with the idea of using missiles that have traded guidance systems for quantity, I want to create a set of launchers that could be integrated into battlemechs, vehicles, and aerospace fighters. Can it be done?
  • Is it possible to take the principles of the Ultra Autocanon, and increase the firing rate, to make a kind of Rotary Autocanon?
  • If you slowed down the firing rate of a AC-20, would that extend it's range due to the less amount of recoil?
  • Are alternative munitions for the Autocanons possible? Armor Piercers, Flechettes, Caseless, or even Gyrojet rounds.
  • By adding a booster to the LRMs, would it be possible to extend their range? Extended LRMs.
  • Could the Streak System be adapted to LRMs.
  • Is it possible to build some sort of capacitor for a PPC that could strengthen the shot?
  • If you channel even more energy into a pulse laser, would that extend the range, or just increase the damage?
  • Is a targeting computer that controls the recoil compensators and gyroscope stabilizers in order to help counteract weapon drift, possible?
  • Is it possible to increase the Neurohelmet's sensors so as to completely erase the need for manual controls? Virtual Reality Piloting Pod.
  • Could Capital weaponry be scaled down? Sub capital weaponry.

As soon as I'm able to, I ask the Ministers of Trade, and the Interior on the defenses we would need to put in place before rebuilding our yards. I'd rather they get built first, that way when we start rebuilding them, the chance of them being destroyed again is lessened.

Probably should ask the Diplomacy Minister to send a team to the OWA to ask about possibly buying some of the Quatre Belle yards to bootstrap our Shipyard renewal.

I'd like another team to be sent to Federated-Boeing on Galax. I'd like to make them an offer for the designs and rights of the Cargomaster, and the Cargoking.

Last edited:

Well all water under the bridge now. Wonder how Candace is going to handle her fellow Concord members, now?

She's probably flipping to the Federated Commonwealth side of things.

You may have just made Hanse Davion First Lord of the Star League....

Poor Tormano, even the sister that likes him, thinks he's pathetic.

More he won't be able to handle the rats nest that is Sian without help she couldn't give him

True, but given their general over protectiveness towards distributing their tech, might not be the best idea, especially if I make an offer to him of a bulk discount on military hardware for a schematic of the Star-Lord Jumpship he's got.

True. But not like he's going to blow you up or anything.
[dice]2273[/dice]
Slowing down a lot apparently

Yep. And Chancallor Liao is getting inpatient with your efforts as well.

Alright, probably didn't phrase this right, I don't mean producing it, I mean researching how the Null Signature System and the Chameleon Light Polarization Shield work in the Spector. Basically figuring out the science behind how they work, and then figuring out a way to combine the two, kind like the Void Signature System, except I want to be able to put on anything, mechs, aerospace fighters, tanks, apcs, jumpships, dropships, everything. Which will probably be a long way off, if ever.

Okay. Will take YEARS. Decades even.

It's almost like I'm not a complete and total asshat.:p

You're playing the wrong game ;)

Not to say that I'm not practical when necessary. Just if you can do a good deed without any ill gains, why not? Helps develop a good reputation, that you can take advantage of later.

Fair enough

Uhmm, what does the Tripitz need with a lot of Big cargo droppers?

Nothing. New Dallas on the otherhand... LOTS.

Bah, there goes my dreams of turning the TMI into the premiere spy agency in the galaxy. :(

Not happening. The only way you could do that is if you were running on the same mary sue juice that powers Wolfnet.

Huh, did not know that, figured they were 'lost' or 'misplaced' somewhere on 'accident'

You're not that incompetent.

Ahh, those assholes. Swear to god Hanse, if these guys are in your employ and they steal another find right out from under us, I, I, I will probably sigh and deal with it.
[dice]2274[/dice]

Good news... they're onto something! One more roll

Found it!

Hmm, should I roll for it? Or will just proceed on auto? When in doubt, roll right?

[dice]2276[/dice]

You can hold off on this.

Oh hell no, I though this was issuing our diplomats a general mission statement on were we stand on returning planets and the like.

of

Huh, guess my data on what they were capable of producing was wrong. Well, ignore it then.

House Liao's production capablity at the moment s rather fucked.

Just tell my diplomats to try to keep Muridox and Larsha if they can, and to absolutely not hand over Yuris, Rollis, Corodiz, and Zanzibar. I want to come out of this at least one up. Kind of doubt public opinion would approve of just handing back planets the TDF bled and died over.

Understood. It's a hard negotiation but they agree to give back Menke and Victoria, release all prisoners, and return any Confederation owned equipment taken on those two planets. The BigMac broke their contract, but it is not without reason, so while they are not being held accountable to the Mercenrary Review Board she's not going to try and get them back their lost equipment.

She also wants to know what the HELL were you digging for on Menke and Victoria.

Hmm, it can move more cargo then the Mule, and yet it was still replaced by it? Weird.

More forgiving of inferior and irregular maintenance. Succession War problems.

Partial maintenance specs.

[dice]2279[/dice]
[dice]2280[/dice]

Full production specs

Specs for repair and refit, not production

[dice]2282[/dice]
[dice]2283[/dice]

Not 100% complete, but enough information they could be put into production with some time and effort to fill the gaps.

Basically the production specs but none of the "Tribal knowledge" that streamlines the process survives.

Totally corrupted. Total loss.

That said, it's ironic you're missing the specs for the most common jumpship in the IS and useful too because you could probably get the invader specs and a first born daughter in trade for one of the others at one of the smaller shipping yards.

You also have an active Buccaneer line that isn't listed.

And I'd be glad to get to know her. Professionally, personally, and if the situation should develop, intimately.

So what do you like to do?

Hmm, true, but that would require an actual viable unified Periphery state. And as the situation stands now, I'm not entirely certain it would last past our marriage.

You are more in common than the Lyrans and Federated Suns. You have more in common than they did with the last batch of idiots her mother tried to wed her off to.

The sheer difference in the culture, society, morals, etc, between our two nations, and the lack of interaction due to the distance between us, would give rise to several cracks in any plans to unite the Magistracy and the Concordat. Cracks that could be exploited if say one of the Successor States decided to try to pull an Ian Cameron. Not to say that it would be impossible to overcome, but I'm not entirely sure we'd be able to pull it off in our generation. If we could actually expand our borders to the point that we shared one, and relax any travel restrictions, encouraged cross cultural exchanges, I could maybe see it be done in our grandchildren's generation. Though, if Emma would like to give it a try now, I might be open to it, depending on how we interact.

If you're so pessimistic, why did you agree for her to come?

She thinks it could be possible. Difficult, but possible.

Though if it's an actual mutual defense alliance, along with economic and tech exchanges to promote a better relationship between our two nations, that her mother's after, I'm happy to sign on off on those as well.

She likes those too.

Short list of questions I pose to the Researchers. Probably going to need to get the universities on Taurus renovated first though.

Just expanded. Your schools are FIRST RATE even by IS standards.
  • Taking the basic ideas of the Rocket Launchers of the Late Terra Alliance, and scaling them up to Mech size. I want to be able to strap them to a mech or fighter, and then once the rockets have been fired, jettison the launchers to free up weight. Is it feasible?
  • Working with the idea of using missiles that have traded guidance systems for quantity, I want to create a set of launchers that could be integrated into battlemechs, vehicles, and aerospace fighters. Can it be done?
Detachable on a Mech is questionable. On a fighter? Much more doable.

And integrated is also going to be reasonably simple. So you want them re-loadable? Because that's a different engineering challenge.

2d6 for RLs and another if you bite the MRM concept

Is it possible to take the principles of the Ultra Autocanon, and increase the firing rate, to make a kind of Rotary Autocanon?

Talk to them when you can build Ultra ACs

If you slowed down the firing rate of a AC-20, would that extend it's range due to the less amount of recoil?

Yes. It's called an "AC10"

Are alternative munitions for the Autocanons possible? Armor Piercers, Flechettes, Caseless, or even Gyrojet rounds.

Yes... 2d6

By adding a booster to the LRMs, would it be possible to extend their range? Extended LRMs.

Maybe. They'll toy with it. 2d6

Could the Streak System be adapted to LRMs.

Talk to them when you can build Streak systems

Is it possible to build some sort of capacitor for a PPC that could strengthen the shot?

Possibly.

If you channel even more energy into a pulse laser, would that extend the range, or just increase the damage?
Talk to them when you can build pulse lasers

Is a targeting computer that controls the recoil compensators and gyroscope stabilizers in order to help counteract weapon drift, possible?

Theoretically...

Is it possible to increase the Neurohelmet's sensors so as to completely erase the need for manual controls? Virtual Reality Piloting Pod.

Maybe. But it'll take a while to experiment with.

2d6

Could Capital weaponry be scaled down? Sub capital weaponry.

Talk to them when you can build capitol weapons systems

As soon as I'm able to, I ask the Ministers of Trade, and the Interior on the defenses we would need to put in place before rebuilding our yards. I'd rather they get built first, that way when we start rebuilding them, the chance of them being destroyed again is lessened.

many defensive turrets, a solid ASF force, liberal AMS... some armor wouldn't hurt.

Probably should ask the Diplomacy Minister to send a team to the OWA to ask about possibly buying some of the Quatre Belle yards to bootstrap our Shipyard renewal.

How about a deal instead. The yards have been badly stripped over the centuries. But if you're willing to help get them working again eventually you can have where there is now.

Basically you can have what you can find, but later on you have to help them rebuild and reopen them

I'd like another team to be sent to Federated-Boeing on Galax. I'd like to make them an offer for the designs and rights of the Cargomaster, and the Cargoking.

What kind? And those designs are not practical in the current economic reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back