• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (24), 3012

All Kaede's instincts are still those of someone who scrimped her way through college and then lived off a teacher's small starting salary.

True. She gets regularly reminded of the fact that she bascally has a Money Bin full of T-bills every time she bitches about price.

I don't know if Max Liao or Takashi Kurita would agree but from Taurian standards, yes.

He's pretty much a paladin personality. If he reads someone as good, he will do all in his power to help them. If they read as evil, he wants to punch them in the face.

You're reading as good, so the man is pretty much willing to if not bend over backwards than at least do everything reasonably possible in the name of friendship and peace.

He's designated an heir? I'm sure his children - and his brother - will be fascinated.

And while I'd have nothing against meeting Janos Marik's heir, marrying them would be... problematic.

At the time Martin, his first born is still alive. And he's willing to introduce you to all his sons! :D

Well if we can do that. Then let's see if we can do it right. Can we support three 'Mech regiments in the field (I'm thinking I Corps, with the Taurian Velites and Concordat Commandos moved to provide coverage for the industrial worlds generally covered by I Corps) plus supporting elements.

Yes. Though you'd have to put a short halt on the farlookers activities for a time.

...I suppose at least it'll be covered up in the shuffle of preparing for the coming operations. Okay. Send them.

2d6 please

True. She gets regularly reminded of the fact that she bascally has a Money Bin full of T-bills every time she bitches about price.
I imagine it's not all liquid at the moment, mostly tied up investments, etc. Still absurd wealth.

Let's spend some of that. I'm sure we have agents on Galatea. Please advise them that I want the next three regiment-sized mercenary units available under contract. While money isn't unlimited, provide a budget suitable to overcome most expectations.

He's pretty much a paladin personality. If he reads someone as good, he will do all in his power to help them. If they read as evil, he wants to punch them in the face.

You're reading as good, so the man is pretty much willing to if not bend over backwards than at least do everything reasonably possible in the name of friendship and peace.
How do relations stand with George Hasek and his son Michael?

At the time Martin, his first born is still alive. And he's willing to introduce you to all his sons! :D
Well I've no objection to a meeting.

Yes. Though you'd have to put a short halt on the farlookers activities for a time.
My heart bleeds for them. Approved. I'll pacify them Farlookers if need be by pointing out that victory here would open up more access to exploring regions previously part of the Capellan Confederation (a lot of their colonies collapsed post-Star League).

[dice]2052[/dice]
Oh my...

I imagine it's not all liquid at the moment, mostly tied up investments, etc. Still absurd wealth.

Your LIQUID assets alone would put you in the top 100. You could probably buy yourself a warship or two back in the day...

Let's spend some of that. I'm sure we have agents on Galatea. Please advise them that I want the next three regiment-sized mercenary units available under contract. While money isn't unlimited, provide a budget suitable to overcome most expectations.

2d6

How do relations stand with George Hasek and his son Michael?

He and George don't always see eye to eye but George is loyal ad dedicated man.

His brother-in-law on the other hand is a dick and he's still wondering what his sister saw in him..

Hasek-Davion his ass.

Well I've no objection to a meeting.

Consider it arranged.

My heart bleeds for them. Approved. I'll pacify them Farlookers if need be by pointing out that victory here would open up more access to exploring regions previously part of the Capellan Confederation (a lot of their colonies collapsed post-Star League).

They're still annoyed but in the end they're good Taurians and they are as pissed as anyone else. Though they'd like some form of reimbursement for the time lost.

[dice]2052[/dice]
Oh my...

You manage to get a crack team together and using old maps stolen during the New Vandenberg Uprising they have an ETA to of just over 3 months.

Your LIQUID assets alone would put you in the top 100. You could probably buy yourself a warship or two back in the day...
Eeek. Kaede has nightmares where hordes of zeroes chase her around.

[dice]2053[/dice]

He and George don't always see eye to eye but George is loyal ad dedicated man.

His brother-in-law on the other hand is a dick and he's still wondering what his sister saw in him..

Hasek-Davion his ass.
That same dick is running about half the Federated Suns government right now. Probably not the best thing for me to say to Ian right now though.

How does George Hasek feel about the new rapproachment between House Davion and House Calderon?

They're still annoyed but in the end they're good Taurians and they are as pissed as anyone else. Though they'd like some form of reimbursement for the time lost.
Stars and planets aren't going to go away. I'll see what's available after things settle down with the Capellans.

You manage to get a crack team together and using old maps stolen during the New Vandenberg Uprising they have an ETA to of just over 3 months.
I look forward to seeing the results.

A minor (at least) in cinematography as well. I enjoyed making that B-movie and want to make MOAR!

They'll add it to your list of studies, you know after the important classes that first help you swing a company, then a battalion, then a regiment (your PhD), then a Corps, and then the whole damn TDF.

More seriously however Eve's smart enough to pick up that a) you need a hobby b) making Tri Vid movies is actually pretty good since it doesn't involve any major or minor security risks c) The Ministry of Propaganda is always happy to have the Protector take an interest.

It mostly starts with Fred T. Meyers (head of Propoganda) popping over to watch classic Taurian films with you occasionally

Alright. I do give her a big hug and tell her that I'm happy I was able to help facilitate it.

She blushes happily and is general the beautiful bride on her wedding day.

Giving her any gifts? You've got a plethoria of high end town homes sitting empty as your staff slowly clean up and prep each home for rental (they don't want to flood the market and drive prices down too much) as a suggestion.

Yet.

So what is her subject?

Post Terran Alliance Jewish Diaspora History. Coming to the TC has added a whole web of references and papers for her to learn!

Works. I was probably raised semi-jewish though.

Culturally pretty much since the Deist's aren't exactly bound to many festivals and such.

"Consider it revenge for all the blind dates with the 'Nice Jewish Girls who would be perfect for me'."

Still, I am trying to match her interests.

"Oh on that note" your Aunt continues on with a grin "I've found a very nice Jewish girl who would be perfect for you. Sarah Goldstein, of the Flaum Goldsteins, is the granddaughter of the current ruler. Once I heard you were interested in cinematography I poked my head into the arts department and ran into Sarah. Should I set up an introduction?"

"That or I would have done my best Blues Brothers imitation."

"Garage bands never turn out well when the only one capable of actually playing their instruments is the triangle player." Ayala shudders in remembered horror of the band you put together at 14.

"I never played THAT companies minis. Seriously, if you go by weight, their little plastic models are more expensive than Germanium."

She just snickers.

You misunderstand. I'm willing to have long term lovers with intense and deeply emotional connections. I'm just not what you'd call... well... committed to monogamy.

Which is kind of Mayumi's problem, when she's ready to settle down in oh ten years or so she's pretty much wanting monogamy. Of course that's at least a decade away and things might change her mind.

Although she and Kara are very close friends

(Mayumi's route is pretty her or her and Kara long term. Kara' still pretty much 'ten years from now? I only care about what I'm doing on my next leave from the Academy')

Let me put it this way.

1) The Dragon can agree, his realm is enriched with a reasonable licensing fee that will encourage his merchants to expand their enterprises enriching his realm even more and will strengthen the bond of respect between our two states.

or

2) He says no and I do it anyways.

I'm going to have the Spad. What I'm doing is giving him an opportunity to profit and ensure that he doesn't lose face.

What gets floated among your staff is making a genuine offer to let the DC purchase a copy of Sabre Tooling. Its well known they'd like to get back in production purely as a matter of pride.

That it comes with an agreement to license the Spad from New Age for a reasonable figure, well that's purely a matter of merchants coming to an agreement.

At the same time Pinard can duplicate their Sabre line

One of the reasons I'd like to have the Vengence Class under production.

Also a reason I'll have a request put in for our Leopard Line to produce Leopard CVs.

Having a strong carrier force will help make them more practical.

Various Leopard mods aka Leopard CVs, Leopard (Combat Vees), Leopard (cargo), Leopard (personal yacht), Leopard (Assault) are either after production, or during production mods that aren't that difficult to accomplish.

Same thing with Unions, once you've got the engines and the core frame you can modify the rest fairly easily while its still being built.

The TCN is very much in favor of dropping Leopard CVs for Vengeances. Purely because it means they can concentrate collars on more assault droppers!

Roll 2d3 for Vengeance Reverse Engineering

I want two made. One will be a better made film with better actors though the stunts will still be done by real pilots.

The other... I want to take our last film and run with it. It was done seriously but between the cheesy plot, poor writing, and generally hammy acting it was ridiculous. So this time, lets take those three element and turn them up to 11. And lets make it a musical. I want something so fucking rediclious that people will be remembering it for decades. I want Top Gun (in SPACE) meets The Rocky Horror Picture Show

While a slick, polished piece with good acting, and even better flying sequences its not so much a flop as caught between Disney's latest princess movie and "Zoom 6: Need for Speed" the car chase film that reunited the Zoom original cast while shattering box office records for the year.

Sadly the Bad Movie isn't bad enough, while it had potential it feel into the 'Spoof' movie trap of being just too derivative.

Still increasing awareness of the ASF wing is getting out there.

"A copy of the design specs for anything shiny found inside and you might just have a deal."

What factory and where? Also your aids eventually suggest the Behemoth as the Fortress while good wouldn't bring the boost to your economy a heavy hauler would.

And I bet Hanse is having dreams of one giant happy FedCom...

He will, and in several months he'll be dreaming of Max Liao dying in rubble.

On that note do you want to talk to Force Commander Liz Sherman(heir to Magna), Marquess Makherjee (FedSuns noble), Madeline Centralla (MoC) or Callina Malvena (heir to New Vandenberg and you hope her mothers skills) at the Ball?

The response is an equally formal letter saying that I will honor and protect her and that no sane man could ever reject such a generous offer.

I'm more into Late 20th Century Heavy Metal myself but I do enjoy me some Rock and Roll. I also enjoy cooking (and eating) myself, though mine tends to go more towards baking (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and Man Cook Meat With Fire (and in MANY exotic forms). I like history, writing and have a strange love of junk shopping. I'm a cat person (I have several... who really REALLY hate space travel). I am an expert at shooting things in my Mech.

As Akeno's dropship slowly winds its way towards Taurus she exchanges more letters including recipes for cakes, cookies and deserts.

Oh and a few more interesting photos taken by her handmaiden.

True. I must be coming off as insanely levelheaded and forgiving. :p

I took the Hot Kurita Concubine over the feud. :p

The nickname Oni-dono has grown to include facets of you being a monster of unquenchable lust. Under ground mangas get passed around the DC by reports forwarded to you by Aaron Sandoval (along with joking comments that he's glad Jessica is now in a serious relationship) are featuring you with a rather impressive third leg.

Worse names to have. I might have to have my mercantile exchange with the Combine called the Jigoku Trading Company as a bit of ham

The Japanese Buddhist population of the Concordat cheerfully (they rather despise the 'Imperial Japan' pretensions of the Combine) assist in making it so.

I was intending to have a comfortable traditionally Japanese residence constructed on the grounds of my main property. She enjoys tending to shrines. I might dedicate it as a family shrine to the memories of my fallen kin and give her the esteemed duty of tending to it. Something more personal than the giant memorial in the heart of the city.

Should give her something to do, something that will honor her personally, and something that will placate her kin .

I'm also intending to send her to college. Maybe she might want to make her fondness for sensha-dō into a career.

And done. As for college she'll have to sit exams, but then again Akeno has very little to do but study on her way to the TC.

Good. To reiterate and detail my attitude towards Mercs is generally... well... as long as unit fights hard and has good men, I'll cut you a break and give you an honest chance. Even if you've been unlucky, even if you've made a couple bad calls or honest mistakes that anyone could have made. It's a fickle world and I'm willing to cut people some slack in exchange for loyalty.

I'm even willing to consider an offer amnesty to pirate and outlaw units as long as they're more the hard luck "I gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat" kind rather than the "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!" type.

Though that type tend to have part of their pay docked to pay for damages and anyone who performed anything that could count as an outright war crime has to be turned over.

That said, anyone who violates said parole would be hunted down and murdered.

Both the Badlands and Tortuga tend to be rather unforgiving to Spheroid units who go pirate in their areas. Sure they may promise a lot but Mechwarriors are very vulnerable outside their mechs.

So you've gotten practically no pirate / outlaw units as most of those are on the other sides of the Sphere by the Lyrans, FWL, Dracs and that sinkhole Antallos

Shit

Ah.

Crap

Double Crap.

Geez its almost as if Hanse wants to gather forces for massive deployments

Forward them an open offer.

Its under consideration

Some other units I'd like to look into... Redfield Renegades and Khorsakhov's Cossacks

Redfield is still tied down with the FedSuns, but given recent events they will seriously consider any offer when their current contract expires.

Cossacks are still very loyal to Colonel Pavel Ridzick and not Mercenaries at the moment.

Fucking hell...

And on the subject of pirates, what info do we have on Tortuga?
Details on the worlds in question not too much, names with attached criminal charges and known associates a fair bit more.

YEAH!

Taurians Love Colleges.

Along those lines I'd like to have
a) A dedicated Artillary School founded
and
b) several new Tube arty factories set up at some point over the next couple years

I want arty to become an important part of our way of war.

A) A single college dedicated to Arty or expansions to the various big Military Academies?

B) work start progressing

Second expedition is launched after they slip a one time padded coded message to you which is embedded in banal business report.

A new regiment is slowly being worked up over 3026, does the Protector care to suggest a name?

Basically you have an pre-built cover of finding a decent sized Star League Cache of mechs and other gear among which the Maultier has already been reverse engineered.

That it took several years to restore a Regiment of mechs to fighting condition isn't that unreasonable.

I thought they were all in there including Droppers, Jumpers, and Warships both primitive and advanced.

Would it be possible those records are elsewhere on planet?

Sadly not given there was nothing beyond making Primitives wildly available along with pumping out older tank and asf designs. The RoS inability to repair their factories capable of making WarShip Transit drives makes it a fairly solid no on the Jumper and Warship front.

You've got the Colossus, Fortress, Overlord and Lee as new Dropship designs thought! All of which are designs the ground forces of the SLDF used alongside the Hegemony.

Also, I'd like to see if I can find the specs for the old Manate class Mechcarrier/Cargo ship. With modification (converting the mechbays back to Cargo Space) it might make a good light duty dropship for deep periphery duty.

The Trojan is manufactured locally in the TC and is the workhorse of the local cargo fleets.

Along those lines as well... I want the Toro and Talos projects to be "completed".

I'd also like work to start on a cover story. Say we found a Reunification War Era Depot or something.

Given everybody suspects you found a Star League cache when the TC began manufacturing Maltiers a few years ago, and the TC has been keeping all the other agencies guessing as to where it actually is.....

TMI is perfectly happy to bedazzle and confuse other poor suckers.

We need to come up with an excuse to put this back into mass production. With this tech we can recolonize the worlds abandoned during the fall of the Star League

Given the sheer misery lack of clean potable water has caused across all of human space Aramis Dunn makes the following suggestion.

"Give it away Samuel," Aramis urges you with passion roaring in his eyes. "Copy that designs and spread the damn thing like leaves on the wind. Spread it so far and wide nothing that nothing and nobody can deny humanity one of the single most important advances of the Star League. Don't let water be a card of politics any more. "

"Be better than the Cameron's and the petty Successor Lords. I urge you Samuel from the depths of my heart be better."

We also need an excuse to put this into some form of production

Can we build a version with standard armor that sacrifices stealth for firepower?

Building turnkey Nighthawks as per specs is going to be an expensive for you venture with a solid decade of work just to build up the required supporting industries. Its ECM and Stealth Suit systems are stupidly complex.

Fortunately the Mk XXII strips the stealth features for a Grenade launcher, producing a much easier to manufacture Power Armor (Light)

As well as a space adapted boarding oriented version?

Given the TC is already using Space Adaptation Gear for industrial Exoskeletons its mostly a matter of making sure software is compatible and users are trained.

Along those lines I'd like to look into new machine gun systems... a light and heavy.

Interesting ideas that get passed onto Hat in the Ring and TC Armorers to fiddle with.

I want our frontline infantry forces to be upgraded power armor.

So do your Marshalls. From a military perspective the goodies grabbed from the New Dallas Core are

1) Mobile HPGs (Owning your own interstellar communications is a massive advantage)

2) Power Armor: Its a massive force multiplier for Infantry

3) ECM: Sure it may take a while, but Star League ECM is worth double its mass in armor

4) Freezers: Make Mechs and ASF just that much more potent.

5) Arrow IV: A versatile system of big missiles capable of carrying a wide range of loads! What's not to love

On that note one of the Subalterns who went on the New Dallas trip recovered a good bit of after action reports for the Hegemony Militia ~ Large numbers of heavy and medium mechs that used XL engines were rendered inoperative due to side torso hits. Its a pretty glaring weakness in sustained combat.

I'd like their techs involved in this of course since they know the dropship the best. This way they can babysit AND they can use this as a chance to get a free overhaul.

Said techs are happy to join in.

Thankfully not everything runs on fusion and there is such a thing as system hardening, sircuit breakers, and fariday cages.

Plus even if it doesn't become big in the military field, they should be very useful in the civilian market.

Some PhDs start playing around with it after dusting off very old journals. While funded by you its not picking up any real interest.

The biggest issue ironically is that BTs computer tech hit very big, very cheap storage fast, no bodies at all impressed by "So you can store 1 meg of data?" of the silicon semi conductors

I make a couple suggestions and offer some ideas.

Additive manufacturing on big scale is currently being processed as something more than one off toys.

Samantha Calderon

Both of them will put it under review. Duncan is for it, but sadly doubts Janos will put out the cash.

Morgan will be talking to his uncle and is sure there will be heavy orders.
Even if there isn't any now Samantha is more than happy to flog them to FWL merc commands.

Assuming she acts the way I think she will, by the end of the night he's standing awkwardly and is beet red.

Is Samantha breaking him in? If so she instructs him thoroughly on how to make the ladies howl in happiness before attempting to ruin him for other ladies.

Either way Samantha says warmly "Tonight you're the hotshot Mechwarrior fresh from battle, and I'm the Dropship pilot who slipped in you and rushed you out. Now obviously you're over heating so lets get that shirt off"

Protection of course is mandatory

Oh well

Chop Shop Industries is registered the next day.

And they have a concept for an unguided "Medium Range Missile" System.

Samantha lets them at it

Her unit all but vanishes into the periphery popping back in from time to time to cash out bounties and sell excess mechs.

This seems to be relatively standard behavior.

Like a rather vicious cat bringing in dead rodents. Samantha ensures they get paid well.

"And what Philosophy would you like?" she asks calmly.

"Oh I'll work up something. " Samantha replies before making a determined effort to make Mai's cold face blossom in pleasure

She privately gets some inspired Buddhist philosophers to work up something along the lines of Zen Buddhism and Shaolin traditions. Something suitably martial but honorable to get pyschopaths and sociopaths useable for state purposes.

Six months. You have six months. Time is of the essence and she needs to ensure that numerous assets are fresh and in place for her plan to work.

In that case Samantha gives the go order and gets the cash in place. Given wobbly timelines I'm calling it a go for March 15 3026

She manages to dig up a true local classic... a beat up Rockbell Victoria. Dating back to the Age of War, this model of car was considered the gold standard of Taurian muscle for generations. Sadly the main Rockbell Motors plant on Ridgebrook was one of many factories given to Federated Suns interests after the War of Spheroid Aggression and was Converted to build low cost economy cars...

After driving very, very fast Samantha makes an offer to Rally "If you ever want out of the Merc trade and into the business of producing cars with heart come see me Rally"

Samantha will invest the cash needed for an Awesome line and the land for Technitron to build a new factory on inside the TC. Along with ensuring a Mech Battalion is on planet for garrison duties.

Samantha gets a cut of the eventual pie, and Technitron gets most of the costs for expanding borne by her.

TTI gets the Stalker line

It's a personal message that's more him grumping at you and less an official complaint.

You struck up something of a friendship. Your friend is now bitching at you for cutting down his treehouse even though he knows you did it so it wouldn't fall on his roof

Heh, in any case Samantha has the best cheesecake art of her in the TDF tracked down and made into a poster which she sends on to Morgan, and if no ones made a good one she has Gabrielle quietly arrange a photo shoot so some really good ones can be made

[dice]2054[/dice]

Back to Samuel

Good news, your forces finally located the Haven. In a brilliant bit of plotting the TCN Marshall in charge, Adrianne Santos slipped in her gunships from out beyond the jump limit to secure the closest pirate point to Haven. Then when her forces arrived at both the Zenith and Naidar capturing 10 Jumpships (4 Merchants, 6 Invaders) it sent the pirates into a panic.

The Gunships successfully arrived at the pirate point after a ten day transit and fended off the only probe before the TDF's jumpships arrived to off load their cargo.

Bloody James Kaiten put up a hell of fight, but in the end all pirates were successfully crushed.

Losses were acceptable with the Mech Regiment (can't remember which one was to be used) have taken 20% material losses with roughly a company dead and another needing serious medical care for at least six months.

Pirates Haven is yours, and with it a lovely world that should be possible to turn into a real bread basket world. Oh and the worlds of Badlands and Lorkdal which are much poorer in terms of biological resources, but are rich in mineral wealth.

Samuel Calderon

They'll add it to your list of studies, you know after the important classes that first help you swing a company, then a battalion, then a regiment (your PhD), then a Corps, and then the whole damn TDF.

Plus there's my history and Anthropology studies, which I'm sure the privvy council are supporting because it seems to have made me a walking Lostec detector.

More seriously however Eve's smart enough to pick up that a) you need a hobby b) making Tri Vid movies is actually pretty good since it doesn't involve any major or minor security risks c) The Ministry of Propaganda is always happy to have the Protector take an interest.

It mostly starts with Fred T. Meyers (head of Propoganda) popping over to watch classic Taurian films with you occasionally

I start to watch a whole lot of older movies from Earth. And by that I mean 1000 year old movies. I intend to have fun doing this.

She blushes happily and is general the beautiful bride on her wedding day.

Giving her any gifts? You've got a plethoria of high end town homes sitting empty as your staff slowly clean up and prep each home for rental (they don't want to flood the market and drive prices down too much) as a suggestion.

She gets one of the homes. As well as a couple items lined up towards both their interests.

And a full Bondage Dungeon. :p

Gotta keep my reputation as a perv going.

Post Terran Alliance Jewish Diaspora History. Coming to the TC has added a whole web of references and papers for her to learn!

Oi!

Culturally pretty much since the Deist's aren't exactly bound to many festivals and such.

I see. Probably a bit of legacy christian as well.

"Oh on that note" your Aunt continues on with a grin "I've found a very nice Jewish girl who would be perfect for you. Sarah Goldstein, of the Flaum Goldsteins, is the granddaughter of the current ruler. Once I heard you were interested in cinematography I poked my head into the arts department and ran into Sarah. Should I set up an introduction?"

I sigh. "Sure, if only to meet one of my future underlings."

"Garage bands never turn out well when the only one capable of actually playing their instruments is the triangle player." Ayala shudders in remembered horror of the band you put together at 14.

"I can play the Guitar." I say with a huff.

"It's true, I did the measurements myself."

Which is kind of Mayumi's problem, when she's ready to settle down in oh ten years or so she's pretty much wanting monogamy. Of course that's at least a decade away and things might change her mind.

Although she and Kara are very close friends

(Mayumi's route is pretty her or her and Kara long term. Kara' still pretty much 'ten years from now? I only care about what I'm doing on my next leave from the Academy')

I see. Well, I'll see if I can open her circle a bit. But any way it ends I'll always be her friend.

What gets floated among your staff is making a genuine offer to let the DC purchase a copy of Sabre Tooling. Its well known they'd like to get back in production purely as a matter of pride.

That it comes with an agreement to license the Spad from New Age for a reasonable figure, well that's purely a matter of merchants coming to an agreement.

At the same time Pinard can duplicate their Sabre line

Good plan. Make it so.

Various Leopard mods aka Leopard CVs, Leopard (Combat Vees), Leopard (cargo), Leopard (personal yacht), Leopard (Assault) are either after production, or during production mods that aren't that difficult to accomplish.

I see.

Same thing with Unions, once you've got the engines and the core frame you can modify the rest fairly easily while its still being built.

Speaking of unions, lets use the core data to put them in production.

Frankly, over the next 10 years I want them all put into some level of production if its feasible.

The TCN is very much in favor of dropping Leopard CVs for Vengeances. Purely because it means they can concentrate collars on more assault droppers!

Or at least limit them to in-system patrol and milita use.

Roll 2d3 for Vengeance Reverse Engineering

Right.

[dice]2056[/dice]

Sweet roll... ^_^

While a slick, polished piece with good acting, and even better flying sequences its not so much a flop as caught between Disney's latest princess movie and "Zoom 6: Need for Speed" the car chase film that reunited the Zoom original cast while shattering box office records for the year.

"Next time we release a damned movie, you let me know the films it's going to compete against! >_<

Sadly the Bad Movie isn't bad enough, while it had potential it feel into the 'Spoof' movie trap of being just too derivative.

"Boys, we need to make it even more lunatic..."

Still increasing awareness of the ASF wing is getting out there.

And I'll keep making movies until it happens.

I wonder, would an offer or "If you want to make a Fighter Movie your'll get officially support and aid from the military" help?

I'll personally vet it as I don't want no gunship films passing.

What factory and where?

What would have been the Norse-Storm factory on Loxley in the Gray Mountains.

Also your aids eventually suggest the Behemoth as the Fortress while good wouldn't bring the boost to your economy a heavy hauler would.

Done

He will, and in several months he'll be dreaming of Max Liao dying in rubble.

And on that day I'll have a letter for him.

On that note do you want to talk to Force Commander Liz Sherman(heir to Magna), Marquess Makherjee (FedSuns noble), Madeline Centralla (MoC) or Callina Malvena (heir to New Vandenberg and you hope her mothers skills) at the Ball?

Yes. All.

As Akeno's dropship slowly winds its way towards Taurus she exchanges more letters including recipes for cakes, cookies and deserts.

Nice. She's a traditional cook as well, right? I LOVE Japanese food. ^_^

Oh and a few more interesting photos taken by her handmaiden.

76.jpg

The nickname Oni-dono has grown to include facets of you being a monster of unquenchable lust. Under ground mangas get passed around the DC by reports forwarded to you by Aaron Sandoval (along with joking comments that he's glad Jessica is now in a serious relationship) are featuring you with a rather impressive third leg.

"I should sue them all for their despicable depreciation of my great and noble person. It's twice that size, I assure you."

The Japanese Buddhist population of the Concordat cheerfully (they rather despise the 'Imperial Japan' pretensions of the Combine) assist in making it so.

I despise it too. And the name is a double pun. Demon Lord's Hell Trading Company, or a trading company with hell ;)

And done. As for college she'll have to sit exams, but then again Akeno has very little to do but study on her way to the TC.

What she would like to study is up to her, and she can do a full tour of the universities if she likes.

Both the Badlands and Tortuga tend to be rather unforgiving to Spheroid units who go pirate in their areas. Sure they may promise a lot but Mechwarriors are very vulnerable outside their mechs.

So you've gotten practically no pirate / outlaw units as most of those are on the other sides of the Sphere by the Lyrans, FWL, Dracs and that sinkhole Antallos

Ah. Well, I do keep the offer open.

Geez its almost as if Hanse wants to gather forces for massive deployments

It's like I do too... :p

Its under consideration

Wonderful!

Redfield is still tied down with the FedSuns, but given recent events they will seriously consider any offer when their current contract expires.

Okay.

Cossacks are still very loyal to Colonel Pavel Ridzick and not Mercenaries at the moment.

Oops. Then forget about it.

Details on the worlds in question not too much, names with attached criminal charges and known associates a fair bit more.

They're going to be next on my To-Do list.

A) A single college dedicated to Arty or expansions to the various big Military Academies?

B) work start progressing

Dedicated School. I want to have the best gunners in human space. It'll be somewhere isolated with lots and lots of open space to blow things up :p

Second expedition is launched after they slip a one time padded coded message to you which is embedded in banal business report.

Done.

A new regiment is slowly being worked up over 3026, does the Protector care to suggest a name?

Basically you have an pre-built cover of finding a decent sized Star League Cache of mechs and other gear among which the Maultier has already been reverse engineered.

That it took several years to restore a Regiment of mechs to fighting condition isn't that unreasonable.

The protector would like to know what others would like to suggest.

Sadly not given there was nothing beyond making Primitives wildly available along with pumping out older tank and asf designs. The RoS inability to repair their factories capable of making WarShip Transit drives makes it a fairly solid no on the Jumper and Warship front.

Ah. Crapola.

Speaking of primitives, would it be worth starting some lines eventually in the colonies?

You've got the Colossus, Fortress, Overlord and Lee as new Dropship designs thought! All of which are designs the ground forces of the SLDF used alongside the Hegemony.

Was just hoping that's all.

The Trojan is manufactured locally in the TC and is the workhorse of the local cargo fleets.

My thought was the light weight manatee would be good for basically transporting within safe systems while saving larger jumpers for interstellar lines.

We REALLY need to get the design for the Mammoth and Mule as well.

He'll, I'd settle for the fucking Jumbo...

Given everybody suspects you found a Star League cache when the TC began manufacturing Maltiers a few years ago, and the TC has been keeping all the other agencies guessing as to where it actually is.....

TMI is perfectly happy to bedazzle and confuse other poor suckers.

So good excuse of "Where they pulled the latest piece of Magical Candy out of their rectums."

Given the sheer misery lack of clean potable water has caused across all of human space Aramis Dunn makes the following suggestion.

"Give it away Samuel," Aramis urges you with passion roaring in his eyes. "Copy that designs and spread the damn thing like leaves on the wind. Spread it so far and wide nothing that nothing and nobody can deny humanity one of the single most important advances of the Star League. Don't let water be a card of politics any more. "

"Be better than the Cameron's and the petty Successor Lords. I urge you Samuel from the depths of my heart be better."

I smile and huge the man before I sit with him. "I was honestly considering it. I was hoping to give the Concordant a bit of a leg up... Hold onto it for a few years. But in time... In time I intend to give not only the water filters but all of the data in the core away that isn't strictly military in it's application. The question is do I release it now, or do I let us reap the rewards a bit before doing so."

I'll probably go along with his suggestion. I agree with him though, I just was hoping to give the concordant a head start... but I'll even admit to him one of the reasons I keep him around is he's an honestly Good Man who doesn't really care about politics. He's my voice of human decency in a situation riddled with Real Politik.

Building turnkey Nighthawks as per specs is going to be an expensive for you venture with a solid decade of work just to build up the required supporting industries. Its ECM and Stealth Suit systems are stupidly complex.

Stealth and ECM are useful anyways so it might be worth it...

Fortunately the Mk XXII strips the stealth features for a Grenade launcher, producing a much easier to manufacture Power Armor (Light)

And I'd like to use it as a base for a customized suit as listed below.

High mobility, reasonable firepower.

Given the TC is already using Space Adaptation Gear for industrial Exoskeletons its mostly a matter of making sure software is compatible and users are trained.

Nice. So setting them up with Space Boarding Suits should be reasonably simple.

Interesting ideas that get passed onto Hat in the Ring and TC Armorers to fiddle with.

Have fun guys!

So do your Marshalls. From a military perspective the goodies grabbed from the New Dallas Core are

1) Mobile HPGs (Owning your own interstellar communications is a massive advantage)

Problem is Comstar would outright SHIT themselves. Then probably nuke us.

2) Power Armor: Its a massive force multiplier for Infantry

I intend to expand the corps into RCT like formations. Attached regiments of power armored infantry are going to be part of it.

3) ECM: Sure it may take a while, but Star League ECM is worth double its mass in armor

Agreed.

4) Freezers: Make Mechs and ASF just that much more potent.

These go to the top of the list.

5) Arrow IV: A versatile system of big missiles capable of carrying a wide range of loads! What's not to love

I want an anti-air version made too... and I want these as fast as possible too. Should aid our missile programs having the original specs and all...

On that note one of the Subalterns who went on the New Dallas trip recovered a good bit of after action reports for the Hegemony Militia ~ Large numbers of heavy and medium mechs that used XL engines were rendered inoperative due to side torso hits. Its a pretty glaring weakness in sustained combat.

Noted and give him a (classified) mert for quick thinking.

Said techs are happy to join in.

Good. I want it clear I respect THEIR ship.

Some PhDs start playing around with it after dusting off very old journals. While funded by you its not picking up any real interest.

The biggest issue ironically is that BTs computer tech hit very big, very cheap storage fast, no bodies at all impressed by "So you can store 1 meg of data?" of the silicon semi conductors

"Remember, modern technology has had a millennia to mature. I know this tech has potential. It's pathetic now, but give it time..."

And I'm willing to have there be multiple teams. Stage it as a running competition. Basically you get cash rewards for out doing each other. Faster Chips, better TDP, better processing ability... all of it... I want to basically encourage them to create the modern PC

I'll be blunt with them too. I think in a decade or two, this might be something more than simply a toy. My belief is that with maturation this may very well exceed the raw processing abilities of current computer technologies, though at the price of durability and lifespan since it's using moving parts.

Generally I see this blast from the past potentially being the future of low cost consumer electronics.

Additive manufacturing on big scale is currently being processed as something more than one off toys.

Very good.

Good news, your forces finally located the Haven. In a brilliant bit of plotting the TCN Marshall in charge, Adrianne Santos slipped in her gunships from out beyond the jump limit to secure the closest pirate point to Haven. Then when her forces arrived at both the Zenith and Naidar capturing 10 Jumpships (4 Merchants, 6 Invaders) it sent the pirates into a panic.

She gets a noble title and a landhold for that. The going rate for those would be several billion Cbills

The Gunships successfully arrived at the pirate point after a ten day transit and fended off the only probe before the TDF's jumpships arrived to off load their cargo.

Heh. Well done, men.

Bloody James Kaiten put up a hell of fight, but in the end all pirates were successfully crushed.

Any slaves are to be offered either a return home, or if they don't want to do or can't go, Taurian citizenship along with funds and training to help them start new lives.

Any pirate support staff are to be put under review. Any surviving pirates are to be tried based on their personal history. I understand this was somewhat a pirate state and many of these people were raised pirates the way others are raised loyal to their countries so I'm willing to treat them as enemy combatants and not as criminals as long as they didn't violate any commonly agreed standards of behavior.

Losses were acceptable with the Mech Regiment (can't remember which one was to be used) have taken 20% material losses with roughly a company dead and another needing serious medical care for at least six months.

Never outright said. The families of the dead are honored and any destroyed family mechs, both of the living and dead are replaced as a matter of fact.

Pirates Haven is yours, and with it a lovely world that should be possible to turn into a real bread basket world. Oh and the worlds of Badlands and Lorkdal which are much poorer in terms of biological resources, but are rich in mineral wealth.

I officially have the planet named "Haven" and put up a vote to the concordant to rename the cluster. Any legitimate ideas will be considered and it's up to the will of the people what to call it.

And I want them colonized. ASAP.

Any reaction from the FS on the Taurians stepping on one of the largest sours on the local periphery regions ass?

And Tortuga planning comes next. Tortuga Prime is supposed to be a VERY nice planet and would make a GREAT point from which to expand.

Now time to a status report on some of my little projects
1) How are the MRM's doing?
2) How are the Rocket Launcher systems doing?
3) How goes the re-loadable Thunderbolts?
4) How goes the exotic ammo loads for ACs and Missile Launchers? What have they come up with that's worth a damn?
6) How is the PPC research going?
7) How's research into WiGE vehicles doing? I know it was supposed to take a while but any progress?
8) How's my fuel cell combat Vee program looking?
9) You said we have MechMortars now. How's use and ingratiation looking?

Samantha Calderon

Even if there isn't any now Samantha is more than happy to flog them to FWL merc commands.

"Sadly most mercs don't appreciate the joys of tube arty." he admits. "They normally tend to focus on mechs."

Is Samantha breaking him in? If so she instructs him thoroughly on how to make the ladies howl in happiness before attempting to ruin him for other ladies.

He's trying to be polite.

Either way Samantha says warmly "Tonight you're the hotshot Mechwarrior fresh from battle, and I'm the Dropship pilot who slipped in you and rushed you out. Now obviously you're over heating so lets get that shirt off"

Protection of course is mandatory

Alright. And once he stops being polite he's actually pretty good in bed and has a special way with bedroom talk that makes people think he's talking military tactics while simultaneously being extremely filthy once you figure it out... ^_^

Samantha lets them at it

2d6 "MRMs"

Like a rather vicious cat bringing in dead rodents. Samantha ensures they get paid well.

another 2d6

"Oh I'll work up something. " Samantha replies before making a determined effort to make Mai's cold face blossom in pleasure

Mai is actually a very skilled but dispassionate lover.

She privately gets some inspired Buddhist philosophers to work up something along the lines of Zen Buddhism and Shaolin traditions. Something suitably martial but honorable to get pyschopaths and sociopaths useable for state purposes.

She will consider it.

In that case Samantha gives the go order and gets the cash in place. Given wobbly timelines I'm calling it a go for March 15 3026

Alright.

After driving very, very fast Samantha makes an offer to Rally "If you ever want out of the Merc trade and into the business of producing cars with heart come see me Rally"

"Can't I do both?" she asks.
Samantha will invest the cash needed for an Awesome line and the land for Technitron to build a new factory on inside the TC. Along with ensuring a Mech Battalion is on planet for garrison duties.

Samantha gets a cut of the eventual pie, and Technitron gets most of the costs for expanding borne by her.

It's up to her and they will accept, but it'll cost more than the 100m

TTI gets the Stalker line

TTI loves its protector... ^_^

Heh, in any case Samantha has the best cheesecake art of her in the TDF tracked down and made into a poster which she sends on to Morgan, and if no ones made a good one she has Gabrielle quietly arrange a photo shoot so some really good ones can be made

It is done.

Your people are dutifully scouting the region and believe they might have the location...

One more roll.

Last edited:

Eeek. Kaede has nightmares where hordes of zeroes chase her around.

She sometimes wakes up screaming that she's slipped and fallen into her back account where she's drowned in money.

That same dick is running about half the Federated Suns government right now. Probably not the best thing for me to say to Ian right now though.

Yeah. He might try and do something about it.

How does George Hasek feel about the new rapproachment between House Davion and House Calderon?

Anything that lets him focus on the Capallans. He's never had any strong feelings against the Concordant besides wondering what was worse, Taurian paranoia or capallan crazy.

Stars and planets aren't going to go away. I'll see what's available after things settle down with the Capellans.

Alright. Give me a general plan and roll 2d6. And how do you coordinate with Ian?

I look forward to seeing the results.

It'll be about a 9 months to 1 year.

She sometimes wakes up screaming that she's slipped and fallen into her back account where she's drowned in money.
No one understands her trauma.

Yeah. He might try and do something about it.
Or offense might be taken at my meddling in the Federated Suns' internal affairs.

Anything that lets him focus on the Capallans. He's never had any strong feelings against the Concordant besides wondering what was worse, Taurian paranoia or capallan crazy.
Well now he knows.

Alright. Give me a general plan and roll 2d6. And how do you coordinate with Ian?
[dice]2066[/dice]

Phase 1
A Taurian task force of about 3 regiments plus support strikes at Rollis.
A similarly sized AFFS force (probably 1 RCT, a couple of mercenary units and supporting regiments) does the same on Yuris.
Another AFFS RCT is held in reserve.

Phase 2
All going well, each task force leaves around a regiment of 'Mechs and support to hold their original target as a base. The rest of each task force strikes at another world (Jacson or Zanzibar for the AFFS, Corodiz or Larsha for the TDF) with the specific worlds chosen depending on developing intel.

Unless everything goes incredibly well, the operation is only to take four worlds at most and the option of focusing on only one world for Phase 2 if matters go badly is definitely open.

For co-ordination purposes, Ian Davion has the forward headquarters (probably landing on Yuris given his habits). The TDF is represented there and the TDF regiments answerable to his direction for operational matters. Supplies and intel operations are channelled through the HQ.

It'll be about a 9 months to 1 year.
Sounds reasonable.

No one understands her trauma.

Most tell her to stop whining. :p

Or offense might be taken at my meddling in the Federated Suns' internal affairs.

It's not like you're doing anything people don't already know.

At least you're civilized even if you're sometimes annoying.

Hm...

Phase 1
A Taurian task force of about 3 regiments plus support strikes at Rollis.
A similarly sized AFFS force (probably 1 RCT, a couple of mercenary units and supporting regiments) does the same on Yuris.
Another AFFS RCT is held in reserve.

You find yourself locked in with multiple dug in regiments of armor and infantry. The good news is they only have a single company of mechs for support.

The bad news is it's Black Widow Company.

They're causing holy hell, but it's an issue of one small elite force backed up by shitloads of fodder vs. a solid force of regulars and elites.

Another roll

As for Ian, he finds himself in a brawl with three regiments of Wolfs Dragoons.

He's pulling in his reserves to compensate.

For co-ordination purposes, Ian Davion has the forward headquarters (probably landing on Yuris given his habits). The TDF is represented there and the TDF regiments answerable to his direction for operational matters. Supplies and intel operations are channelled through the HQ.

If you can clear Rollis, he's going to want the additional backup before the other two dragoon regiments get to him.

He has a couple more AFFS and aligned mercenary units on their way but in all honesty, you're the closest he'd rather not face the wolves without a numerical advantage.

Most tell her to stop whining. :p
Worse than teaching class. o_O

It's not like you're doing anything people don't already know.
Maybe if I have another private chat with Ian. Or Hanse.

At least you're civilized even if you're sometimes annoying.
Nice of him.

You find yourself locked in with multiple dug in regiments of armor and infantry. The good news is they only have a single company of mechs for support.

The bad news is it's Black Widow Company.

They're causing holy hell, but it's an issue of one small elite force backed up by shitloads of fodder vs. a solid force of regulars and elites.

Another roll
[dice]2073[/dice]
General reminder: Natasha Kerensky is legendary enough. Don't inflate her kill-count further by trying to swarm over her.

As for Ian, he finds himself in a brawl with three regiments of Wolfs Dragoons.

He's pulling in his reserves to compensate.
Good call.

If you can clear Rollis, he's going to want the additional backup before the other two dragoon regiments get to him.

He has a couple more AFFS and aligned mercenary units on their way but in all honesty, you're the closest he'd rather not face the wolves without a numerical advantage.
Break off one of the regiments on Rollis - The Red Chasseurs - to immediately go to Ian's aid. Gordon's Armored Cavalry and the Concordat Jaegers should be enough to handle the situation on Rollis.

Unofficially, phase 2 isn't looking very likely. Also watch out for Zeta Battalion and the other 2 Dragoon regiments.

Worse than teaching class. o_O

Yeah.

Maybe if I have another private chat with Ian. Or Hanse.

Maybe after the invasion.

[dice]2073[/dice]
General reminder: Natasha Kerensky is legendary enough. Don't inflate her kill-count further by trying to swarm over her.

They're frankly wondering if she warrants nuclear weapons.

Break off one of the regiments on Rollis - The Red Chasseurs - to immediately go to Ian's aid. Gordon's Armored Cavalry and the Concordat Jaegers should be enough to handle the situation on Rollis.

Yeah, but as soon as they've left, Zeta Battalion arrives on Rollis...

Woops.

Though Ian is starting to win. He's utterly mauled the local forces and is starting to push the 'Goons against the ropes.

Unofficially, phase 2 isn't looking very likely. Also watch out for Zeta Battalion and the other 2 Dragoon regiments.

Depends on how things go. Jamie Wolf is the type to fight hard but he's also not the type to throw his life away.

Last edited:
Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19) 3031
OOC: Noted.

No, no, no. I meant when the attack starts and they get their marching orders. I was under the impression that the ELH were still garrisoning the Sarna March, and didn't want the Bronson's Horde charging after them in the middle of the war. Course now that I look, it seems like the ELH are in the Lyran half acting as OPFERs. So that point is moot.

They'll obey their orders. But if the ELH were working for the Cappies you might have to worry about them raiding the wrong planet.

Good. Need the garrison force, considering the amount of TDF I'm stripping from the borders.

Reasonable.

All yours.

Ugh, still a veteran regiment as a reserve is worth it. My accountants on the other hand may not be so forgiving.

You have the money... but it's going to cost and you're going to want something to cover the expense in some way.

Not quite sweet enough... want to spice it up a bit?

That was more of an sarcastic comment, not meant to mean anything, then an actual statement I would have made in front of them, seeing as how I'm sending out negotiators to do the whole negotiating thing.

The negotiators can't be blunt about how its going to be action and the Taurians are one of the biggest turtles in the Inner sphere when it comes to sitting back and simply keeping their heads in their shells.

Note to self, see about talking to the OWA about acquiring some of their Quatre Belle yards to develop in house dropship production.

Of course, having been screwed over by the Star League, we're not in the business of fucking over others.

Alright. Your call.

They're welcome, we need those planets defended after all.

Okay

I wouldn't expect anyone to do the former, at least without backup(or they're the Wolf's Dragoons, but they're crazy). More operating as second line troops and possibly assisting in smacking militia, not entirely sure about them being crap though.

Oh, at full strength they had the firepower to do it and walk away victorious. But they're far from full strength.

I'm flattered, but probably not the best of ideas. Though I really should see about arranging my successor just in case.

Heh.

Hmm, consider it a personal project then, I like the irony of saving and repurposing former SLDF units to serve and protect the Concordat. Just seems like karma. So I'll devote my own time and effort.

Roll. 2d6. Once for each unit.

Currently in Lyran space and can't afford the move... and can't commit to an attack because they're still recovering.

Oh no, if they're going to be sent into that meat grinder, it's going to be done with lots of TDF support, this is just all hypothetical right now.

Better, but they're NOT going to be anyone's sacrificial lamb. They WILL reneg if they feel they're being misused.

Hmm, yeah no. Just no. That's not going to happen, ever.

The relief on the man's face is absolute. And you do notice he had a bottle of KY just in case you weren't...

Please don't ask.

That should be 2d6...

Will take time to restore...so what were you asking for again?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck... seems that you're caught some Davion attention. They're gone to ground a bit but now you have some confused Fedrats digging around.

Yes, yes I am.
[dice]2051[/dice]

IT takes 5 months for your troops to reach critical mass.

By that time it's mid May. The invasion is stalling somewhat and is a general grind at the moment... but they have stripped many of the units off their periphery border...

the Big Mac is currently on extended leave on Menke and your marshals consider them a priority target.

Maybe after the invasion.
Indeed. He probably doesn't need a distraction right now.

They're frankly wondering if she warrants nuclear weapons.
She does not.

Yeah, but as soon as they've left, Zeta Battalion arrives on Rollis...

Woops.
Well that's why I kept the better two regiments of I Corps on Rollis. Six veteran reinforced battalions should still be sufficient to cope against one assault battalion and one elite company.

Though Ian is starting to win. He's utterly mauled the local forces and is starting to push the 'Goons against the ropes.
That's good news.

Depends on how things go. Jamie Wolf is the type to fight hard but he's also not the type to throw his life away.
Indeed. He has a mission to complete. Nor would any sensible leader expect him to throw away the Dragoons in a losing campaign. Of course how sensible Max Liao will be...

Indeed. He probably doesn't need a distraction right now.

Aye.

You absolutely sure, ma'am?

That's good news.

Indeed. He has a mission to complete. Nor would any sensible leader expect him to throw away the Dragoons in a losing campaign. Of course how sensible Max Liao will be...

Gets even better. On the battlefield, the man seems to be a genius equal to Hanse on the political arena. In a daring example of maneuver warfare he actually managed to cut off and encircle two of the three Dragoon regiments, with two of his own holding off number 3.

The goons fought bravely but he tightened the noose and managed to force them to surrendered honorably. He's captured a full 2/3 of their combined forces and has forced them to the negotiating table.

The Dragoons, for their first time in the Inner Sphere, have been truly and outright defeated.

Hanse Davion has captured the planet.

Well that's why I kept the better two regiments of I Corps on Rollis. Six veteran reinforced battalions should still be sufficient to cope against one assault battalion and one elite company.

Not that it matters because soon after Natasha Kerensky herself shows up waving a white flag of parlay.

The Liao commander doesn't take it well, and soon discovers what happens when you try and shoot a the most infamous Mechpilot in the Inner Sphere in the back...

Well...

Lets just say that the Black Widow company and Zeta Battalion are left washing the blood of their mechs an hour later as they tend to take such things a little personally. After blowing up pretty much everything with a green hand and sword painted on it on the planet, she saying that she'll send the concordant the bill and leave.

The ironic part though is Max Liao reportedly takes the loss rather well (by Liao standards) since its legal according to the wording of their contract and he verbally agreed to the fact that this was a possibility when he hired them. He's displeased and they're getting no re-compensation for their losses and docked pay, but they're not being released from their contract and instead are being moved back to the FWL border.

Even Natasha is "forgiven" as she was technically attacked without orders. Though the dragoons are sent a bill for the lost hardware.

TMI guesses that with the Death Commandos, the BIG MAC, and a full on Warrior House destroyed, he simply cannot afford to lose an elite 5 regiment mercenary unit even if he personally would like nothing more than to throttle the life out of the lot of them.

OOC seriously. For Ian I rolled 2 on 16, while for the Goons I rolled a 9. Then I rolled a 2 for Natasha and an 11 for the Cappies.

You absolutely sure, ma'am?
...probably.

Gets even better. On the battlefield, the man seems to be a genius equal to Hanse on the political arena. In a daring example of maneuver warfare he actually managed to cut off and encircle two of the three Dragoon regiments, with two of his own holding off number 3.

The goons fought bravely but he tightened the noose and managed to force them to surrendered honorably. He's captured a full 2/3 of their combined forces and has forced them to the negotiating table.

The Dragoons, for their first time in the Inner Sphere, have been truly and outright defeated.

Hanse Davion has captured the planet.
Hanse or Ian?

Not that it matters because soon after Natasha Kerensky herself shows up waving a white flag of parlay.

The Liao commander doesn't take it well, and soon discovers what happens when you try and shoot a the most infamous Mechpilot in the Inner Sphere in the back...

Well...

Lets just say that the Black Widow company and Zeta Battalion are left washing the blood of their mechs an hour later as they tend to take such things a little personally. After blowing up pretty much everything with a green hand and sword painted on it on the planet, she saying that she'll send the concordant the bill and leave.
Chances are pretty good I'll pay the bill.

The ironic part though is Max Liao reportedly takes the loss rather well (by Liao standards) since its legal according to the wording of their contract and he verbally agreed to the fact that this was a possibility when he hired them. He's displeased and they're getting no re-compensation for their losses and docked pay, but they're not being released from their contract and instead are being moved back to the FWL border.

Even Natasha is "forgiven" as she was technically attacked without orders. Though the dragoons are sent a bill for the lost hardware.

TMI guesses that with the Death Commandos, the BIG MAC, and a full on Warrior House destroyed, he simply cannot afford to lose an elite 5 regiment mercenary unit even if he personally would like nothing more than to throttle the life out of the lot of them.
That's... really good. Does Ian want to press on for Phase 2 or consider the campaign a win and regroup?

OOC seriously. For Ian I rolled 2 on 16, while for the Goons I rolled a 9. Then I rolled a 2 for Natasha and an 11 for the Cappies.
Yikes.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19-20) 3032
They'll obey their orders. But if the ELH were working for the Cappies you might have to worry about them raiding the wrong planet.
As I'm fairly certain the ELH won't break their contract with the FedCom, probably nothing to worry about. Unless I'm misinformed... Mr. TMI head, do you know who the ELH are working for right now?

Reasonable.

All yours.
Yay.

You have the money... but it's going to cost and you're going to want something to cover the expense in some way.
Hmm, well I really hope Katrina is feeling generous.

Not quite sweet enough... want to spice it up a bit?
Not entirely sure about this. They're regiment sized, but are ranked green. Damn, not

The negotiators can't be blunt about how its going to be action and the Taurians are one of the biggest turtles in the Inner sphere when it comes to sitting back and simply keeping their heads in their shells.
Yeah, alright. They would have been helpful, but that's the way it goes.

OOC: Though on the note about yards. The ones on Sterope and Illusin are still working right? We are capable of producing Leopords and Unions?

Oh, at full strength they had the firepower to do it and walk away victorious. But they're far from full strength.
Well we'll see how far the unit's repairs and restocking can get, before deciding on where to put them.

Oh shit. I just had a horrible thought. I've been keeping up correspondence with my mother right?!? Don't tell me I haven't contacted since taking the Protectorship! Oh god, I'm a dead man.
Roll. 2d6. Once for each unit.
[dice]2090[/dice]
OOC: Ouch.
[dice]2091[/dice]
OOC: Better.

Currently in Lyran space and can't afford the move... and can't commit to an attack because they're still recovering.
Damn.

Better, but they're NOT going to be anyone's sacrificial lamb. They WILL reneg if they feel they're being misused.
And we will do our best both to meet any new requirements, and insure they're not misused.

The relief on the man's face is absolute. And you do notice he had a bottle of KY just in case you weren't...

Please don't ask.
Ask what? Did something happen? (Ignoring this and hoping the mental images go away.)

That should be 2d6...
OOC: Damnnit, sorry.
[dice]2092[/dice]

Will take time to restore...so what were you asking for again?
A general lump sum of C-bills is always acceptable.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck... seems that you're caught some Davion attention. They're gone to ground a bit but now you have some confused Fedrats digging around.
*Sigh* MIO, its better then Mask, but still, MIO, fucking MIO.

By that time it's mid May. The invasion is stalling somewhat and is a general grind at the moment... but they have stripped many of the units off their periphery border...

the Big Mac is currently on extended leave on Menke and your marshals consider them a priority target.

Hmm. Okay so by my notes, my forces are thus.
Taurian Guards      
Taurian Guard Veteran Fanatical Regiment
Taurian Velites Veteran Fanatical Regiment
Concordat Comandos Veteran Fanatical Regiment
I Corps      
Concordat Jaegers Veteran Reliable Regiment
Red Chasseurs Regular Reliable
Regiment
Gordon's Armored Cavalry Veteran Reliable
Regiment
II Corps      
Concordat Curaissiers Veteran Reliable
Regiment
Hyades Light Infantry Veteran Reliable
Regiment
Longwood's Bluecoats Veteran Questionable
Regiment
III Corps    
Pleiades Hussars Regular Reliable
Regiment
Taurian Lancers Green Reliable
Regiment
Bannockburn's Bandits Regular Reliable
Regiment
IV Corps      
Pleiades Lancers Green Reliable Regiment
2nd Taurian Lancers Green Reliable Regiment
Mercs      
Bronson's Horde Regular Questionable Regiment
Crater Cobras(garrison) Regular Reliable 2 Regiments(damaged)
Cameron's Legion(garrison) Regular Reliable Company
Fuchida's Fusiliers Regular Questionable Regiment
Gabhardt's Carabineers(3032) Veteran Reliable Regiment
Hsien's Hotheads Regular Reliable Regiment
Hells' Black Aces Veteran Reliable Aerospace Wing
Khrosakhov's Cossaks Veteran Reliable Regiment
Kingston Caballerros(garrison) Regular Reliable Regiment(damaged)
Legion of the Rising Sun Veteran Reliable Regiment(damaged)
Lone Wolves Regular Reliable Regiment
Markson's Marauders(garrison) Regular Reliable Regiment
12th Vegan Rangers Elite Reliable 4 Regiments
Wilson's Hussars(garrison) Regular Questionable Company

Now, before I decide anything, was there any bites on the generic merc contracts offered. Or is this it?

...probably.

Dull nod.

Nat does have one of THOSE reputations doesn't she?

Ian. My bad.

Chances are pretty good I'll pay the bill.

It's pretty high for the actions of a single reenforced battalion but frankly you've seen the battle roms...

Honestly it makes you understand exactly how 4 clans could run rampent over the inner sphere with only a handful of warriors.

That's... really good. Does Ian want to press on for Phase 2 or consider the campaign a win and regroup?

He wants to keep pushing. He's keeping his reinforcements in the field and suggests you see about pulling in another corps and offers to match your commitment by offering you the aid of some of the merc units he has long for support.

You have Liao smacked silly.

Do not let up the initiative.

Yeah. Ian basically was running in Ultra Uber Badass General Mode while Natasha basically went "Clanner Goddess of DOOOOOM!"

He goes after Jacson

As Zanzibar was one a TC LONG ago, he believes you have a right to it. As such he believes you have the right to it. He's pretty clear. He wants every world that the Capallans have that once flew the bull banner in Taurian Hands at the end of this war. And he wants an equal number of world liberated from Liaos control.

He believes that a driving attack is the best way to do it, and honestly he's getting good results because he Jacson like a freight train since they were once guarded by the very same warrior house that you blew to kingdom come...

As I'm fairly certain the ELH won't break their contract with the FedCom, probably nothing to worry about. Unless I'm misinformed... Mr. TMI head, do you know who the ELH are working for right now?

They were saying that IF the ELH were working for the CapCon THEN they might go off the reservation.

Hmm, well I really hope Katrina is feeling generous.

She's a Lyran. They don't do generous.

Not entirely sure about this. They're regiment sized, but are ranked green. Damn, not

Ok

Yeah, alright. They would have been helpful, but that's the way it goes.

You do get a message 6 months later saying "Why didn't you tell us what you were up to?!"

OOC: Though on the note about yards. The ones on Sterope and Illusin are still working right? We are capable of producing Leopords and Unions?

yes

Well we'll see how far the unit's repairs and restocking can get, before deciding on where to put them.

They also need to retain men.

Oh shit. I just had a horrible thought. I've been keeping up correspondence with my mother right?!? Don't tell me I haven't contacted since taking the Protectorship! Oh god, I'm a dead man.

You've talked to your mama. She's moved into a palace and is bugging you to get a nice girl. She also likes to cook for you because she claims all these chefs can't match mama's home cooking.

Your mother is a horrible cook. :p

[dice]2090[/dice]
OOC: Ouch.

Much of the leadership was killed. You're having problems finding people with the authority though you do locate a number of mechwarriors from the unit, most of whom were dispossed.

[dice]2091[/dice]
OOC: Better.

You find the former commander... as well as a dozen mechwarriors from the regiment who've been dispossessed and are slowly drinking themselves to death on Solaris 7.

Your hiring agent basically sits down with him, offers him some drinks, listens to his plight, discusses things with you...

And by the end of the night the guy is ready to sell you his soul in exchange for three things. 1) a chance to save his unit. 2) A chance to skin Snakes. 3) A new mech

Damn.

And we will do our best both to meet any new requirements, and insure they're not misused.

Understood. Where do you need them?

Ask what? Did something happen? (Ignoring this and hoping the mental images go away.)

Painful smile followed by a weak chuckle.

OOC: Damnnit, sorry.
[dice]2092[/dice]

A general lump sum of C-bills is always acceptable.

You have Cbills coming our of your ass. Would you like something more material?

*Sigh* MIO, its better then Mask, but still, MIO, fucking MIO.

True...

2d6

Now, before I decide anything, was there any bites on the generic merc contracts offered. Or is this it?

3d6 battalions

Dull nod.

Nat does have one of THOSE reputations doesn't she?
And besides that, what if it didn't work?

It's pretty high for the actions of a single reenforced battalion but frankly you've seen the battle roms...

Honestly it makes you understand exactly how 4 clans could run rampent over the inner sphere with only a handful of warriors.
That's about worth it then. Plus paying it will get right up Max Liao's nose.

He wants to keep pushing. He's keeping his reinforcements in the field and suggests you see about pulling in another corps and offers to match your commitment by offering you the aid of some of the merc units he has long for support.

You have Liao smacked silly.

Do not let up the initiative.
Of course he wants to keep pushing. On the other hand, we've took painful losses last year and can't afford to risk taking too many hits like that. And pulling another Corps in leaves the border exposed (not so much to the Federated Suns although I do have to have some garrisons there, but there are also pirates to consider) and commits 50% of the TDF's 'Mech regiments to operations. (Once expansion plans are completed would be different).

If the Taurian Velites haven handed Haven over to elements of III Corps then I can release the Taurian Guards regiment once the Velites are back on station in the Hyades. That's it.

Yeah. Ian basically was running in Ultra Uber Badass General Mode while Natasha basically went "Clanner Goddess of DOOOOOM!"

He goes after Jacson

As Zanzibar was one a TC LONG ago, he believes you have a right to it. As such he believes you have the right to it. He's pretty clear. He wants every world that the Capallans have that once flew the bull banner in Taurian Hands at the end of this war. And he wants an equal number of world liberated from Liaos control.

He believes that a driving attack is the best way to do it, and honestly he's getting good results because he Jacson like a freight train since they were once guarded by the very same warrior house that you blew to kingdom come...
Corodiz is phase 2 target. I'm game to push for that now and if things go well I'd consider Zanzibar which would complete that goal. I might consider extending goals to Larsha and Muridox if that makes strategic sense but that's as far as I'll go.

Where Ian draws the line for the AFFS is entirely up to him and I've no objections to sharing supplies and intel to help him kick the Capellans while they're down.

Roll for Corodiz being hit by the Red Chasseurs and the Concordat Jaegers plus support.
[dice]2093[/dice]

Samuel Calderon Ball

Force Commander Liz Sherman(heir to Magna),

A rather handsome woman who rather projects a fierce warrior woman vibe, helped along with her Mechwarrior hair and vibrant Marik Militia Uniform Elizabeth Sherman cuts a dashing figure. When she spots you coming near she lights up in a friendly grin and calls out "Ah Protector Samuel its a pleasure to meet you. Although a real shame about what happened with your family, that's going to be a day I will always remember"

As you move out onto the dance floor you share a brief conversation on the roles of heavy mechs in combat, she drives an Orion, before moving onto more mundane subjects like why yes she's single, is a big fan of sailing and considers Taurus a second home next to Lopez (she's spent several years here while growing up).

Elizabeth extends an offer to take you sailing on Lake Samantha on her personal yacht

Marquess Makherjee (FedSuns noble)

A shimmering figure in crimson robes, gold the Marquess Rani is very much a reminder that earth goddess's are fertility figures whose happy smile and warm eyes greet you for a few turns around the dance floor. Elevated to rule As Samik at the tender age of thirteen slightly over ten years ago, Rani quickly plunges into a conversation of being suddenly thrust into power while being unprepared for it. "In fact you've got all my fellow eligible young ladies circling around you much like the various ambitious men have done around me"

"Although given your status you can take several wives and concubines, alas I can only ever take one husband " Rani comments with a twinkle in her eye "Or at least my various lords have insisted that to be the case."

At the end you've gained an impression of Rani as a rather earthy person whose unexpected ascent to power has left her with a solid insight into the desires of humans for power.

Madeline Centralla (MoC)

Madeline when you come across her has a number of men and ladies drifting around merely to catch a glimpse of her with only a few daring to actually converse with her. As the crowd parts at your presence you quickly understand why. Soaring up to a height of 6'4" is a tall long and limber vision of nearly perfect beauty clad in shimmering diaphanous pearl shaded gown that's built out of thin almost transperant sheets of silk interwoven with gold jewelery that teases constantly but never delivers. Perfectly set against her silk smooth mocha skin one of Madelines long lovely legs, clad in golden high heeled sandals stretches forward as she sways towards you.

A slightly warm smile lights up her face, her wide purple eyes lighting up at your presence. Dimly you notice her ink black hair has been braided into cornrows interwoven with jade and gold thread. The reputation of the Centralla's is by all accounts pretty damn true as her light floral scent warms up to include cinnamon.

"Ah Protector I would love to dance," Madeline practically purrs out as she moves in close to you as the music of a tango begins.

Then the two of you proceed to Tango.

Callina Malvena

"So mother was practically radiating glee when she came back from your meeting," Callina says with a grin as she teases you slightly. "So either New Vandenberg is getting new factories or regiments or you two had a fun time."

As the dances continues on you quickly gain that Callina is a rock solid supporter of your Protectorship "the Liaos are a bigger worry", she's also a veritable fountain of gossip and info on the younger set of noble rulers. In the end she extends an offer to her private beach house whenever you visit New Vandenbeg

And besides that, what if it didn't work?

"She'd be angry and radioactive."

That's about worth it then. Plus paying it will get right up Max Liao's nose.

Done.

Of course he wants to keep pushing. On the other hand, we've took painful losses last year and can't afford to risk taking too many hits like that. And pulling another Corps in leaves the border exposed (not so much to the Federated Suns although I do have to have some garrisons there, but there are also pirates to consider) and commits 50% of the TDF's 'Mech regiments to operations. (Once expansion plans are completed would be different).

If the Taurian Velites haven handed Haven over to elements of III Corps then I can release the Taurian Guards regiment once the Velites are back on station in the Hyades. That's it.

He's willing to transfer the bond of several border-guard mercenary units to cover the slack. He'd even willing to pay part of the costs.

He feels he no longer needs the extra forces to protect against Concordant raids, and they'd be better put to use protecting the concordant while the two of you play wack a cap.

Corodiz is phase 2 target. I'm game to push for that now and if things go well I'd consider Zanzibar which would complete that goal. I might consider extending goals to Larsha and Muridox if that makes strategic sense but that's as far as I'll go.

Alright.

Where Ian draws the line for the AFFS is entirely up to him and I've no objections to sharing supplies and intel to help him kick the Capellans while they're down.

Understood.

Roll for Corodiz being hit by the Red Chasseurs and the Concordat Jaegers plus support.
[dice]2093[/dice]

The local forces are frankly no match and while they put up a stiff resistance they're put on the ropes.

Another roll

"She'd be angry and radioactive."
Kaede looks at BattleROMs from Rollis. "I don't think I'd like her when she was angry."

He's willing to transfer the bond of several border-guard mercenary units to cover the slack. He'd even willing to pay part of the costs.

He feels he no longer needs the extra forces to protect against Concordant raids, and they'd be better put to use protecting the concordant while the two of you play wack a cap.
All my instincts tell me that that would be a bad idea, politically if nothing else.

However, if he's willing to transfer the bond (and I'll pick up the tab for that, he doesn't need to worry) then I can use those border-guard 'mercs to shore up supply line coverage on the offensive, freeing up my frontline regiments for more action. And since his side of the border is less protected I can move some of my garrison units away from the border with the FS and give more cover to the Farlooker's various projects on the periphery border.

The local forces are frankly no match and while they put up a stiff resistance they're put on the ropes.

Another roll
[dice]2094[/dice]

Samuel Calderon Ball

Okay.

Force Commander Liz Sherman(heir to Magna),

A rather handsome woman who rather projects a fierce warrior woman vibe, helped along with her Mechwarrior hair and vibrant Marik Militia Uniform Elizabeth Sherman cuts a dashing figure. When she spots you coming near she lights up in a friendly grin and calls out "Ah Protector Samuel its a pleasure to meet you. Although a real shame about what happened with your family, that's going to be a day I will always remember"

I nod and sigh. "To be honest, you're probably more affected by it. I never knew this branch of my family. They were my kin, and it was horrible, but when I think of the death of my family my mind always drifts back to my parents."

As you move out onto the dance floor you share a brief conversation on the roles of heavy mechs in combat, she drives an Orion,

WE MUST DUEL!

With training loads of course...

before moving onto more mundane subjects like why yes she's single, is a big fan of sailing and considers Taurus a second home next to Lopez (she's spent several years here while growing up).

Elizabeth extends an offer to take you sailing on Lake Samantha on her personal yacht

Be my pleasure. I always loved reading novels like the Hornblower series...

Always wanted to have my own ship of the line... :p

Marquess Makherjee (FedSuns noble)

A shimmering figure in crimson robes, gold the Marquess Rani is very much a reminder that earth goddess's are fertility figures whose happy smile and warm eyes greet you for a few turns around the dance floor. Elevated to rule As Samik at the tender age of thirteen slightly over ten years ago, Rani quickly plunges into a conversation of being suddenly thrust into power while being unprepared for it. "In fact you've got all my fellow eligible young ladies circling around you much like the various ambitious men have done around me"

"I've always believed that power is best placed in the hands of those who have no love nor desire for it."

"Although given your status you can take several wives and concubines, alas I can only ever take one husband " Rani comments with a twinkle in her eye "Or at least my various lords have insisted that to be the case."

I run a hand down her back. "Is that an offer, a suggestion, or an observation?" he asks with a wink as he traces a hand down her back.

At the end you've gained an impression of Rani as a rather earthy person whose unexpected ascent to power has left her with a solid insight into the desires of humans for power.

And I'd like to talk with her more.

Madeline Centralla (MoC)

Madeline when you come across her has a number of men and ladies drifting around merely to catch a glimpse of her with only a few daring to actually converse with her. As the crowd parts at your presence you quickly understand why. Soaring up to a height of 6'4" is a tall long and limber vision of nearly perfect beauty clad in shimmering diaphanous pearl shaded gown that's built out of thin almost transperant sheets of silk interwoven with gold jewelery that teases constantly but never delivers. Perfectly set against her silk smooth mocha skin one of Madelines long lovely legs, clad in golden high heeled sandals stretches forward as she sways towards you.

I have to force myself to contain the following phrase: Death, by Snu-Snu.

A slightly warm smile lights up her face, her wide purple eyes lighting up at your presence. Dimly you notice her ink black hair has been braided into cornrows interwoven with jade and gold thread. The reputation of the Centralla's is by all accounts pretty damn true as her light floral scent warms up to include cinnamon.

Hello!

"Ah Protector I would love to dance," Madeline practically purrs out as she moves in close to you as the music of a tango begins.

Then the two of you proceed to Tango.

:p

Callina Malvena

"So mother was practically radiating glee when she came back from your meeting," Callina says with a grin as she teases you slightly. "So either New Vandenberg is getting new factories or regiments or you two had a fun time."

"I have no desire to ruin the mood, but I am an honest man. The answer is 'yes'."

If she asks again, factories, regiments, or fun time... "Again. Yes."

After all, I do end up hiring a buttload of mercs many of whom probably end up on Vandenberg.

As the dances continues on you quickly gain that Callina is a rock solid supporter of your Protectorship "the Liaos are a bigger worry", she's also a veritable fountain of gossip and info on the younger set of noble rulers. In the end she extends an offer to her private beach house whenever you visit New Vandenbeg

I'll happily visit her beach.

And I agree the Liao's are the problem and I'd very much like to hear her take on the other nobles.

She's not on my privy council like her mother, but she'll probably find my inner circle of friends quite comfortable.

Kaede looks at BattleROMs from Rollis. "I don't think I'd like her when she was angry."

NATASHA SMASH PUNY FREE BIRTHS!

file_192063_0_redshehulk658.jpg

All my instincts tell me that that would be a bad idea, politically if nothing else.

Your call but he's pro-offensive. You can draw off forces once you've taken what you can. Right now you need to focus on the gold. You might never get a chance like this again.

However, if he's willing to transfer the bond (and I'll pick up the tab for that, he doesn't need to worry) then I can use those border-guard 'mercs to shore up supply line coverage on the offensive, freeing up my frontline regiments for more action. And since his side of the border is less protected I can move some of my garrison units away from the border with the FS and give more cover to the Farlooker's various projects on the periphery border.

He'll take on part of the bond as he's suggesting it. Maybe the first 6 months?

They get hit by the first wave of Capallan reinforcements. They're not a top-tier unit, but they're enough to slow your gains. One more roll.[/QUOTE]

They were saying that IF the ELH were working for the CapCon THEN they might go off the reservation.
Got it. Honestly, anyone who hires them should expect something like that to happen.

She's a Lyran. They don't do generous.
Merchants. It's always Capitalism ho with them.

Ok

You do get a message 6 months later saying "Why didn't you tell us what you were up to?!"
Operational security is a bitch.

OOC: Good.

They also need to retain men.
Right, not like they can just take any dispossessed Mech Jockey or farmer's boy right off the street.

You've talked to your mama. She's moved into a palace and is bugging you to get a nice girl. She also likes to cook for you because she claims all these chefs can't match mama's home cooking.

Your mother is a horrible cook. :p
Oh thank god. And it's perfectly fine cooking! So what if everyone immediately runs to the bathroom after eating it! That's my momma's cooking your talking about!:p

Much of the leadership was killed. You're having problems finding people with the authority though you do locate a number of mechwarriors from the unit, most of whom were dispossed.
Huh, well keep looking for any leadership that survived, and start seeing if there's any charismatic types in the dispossessed who want some help getting the band back together. Mechs will be included at subsidized prices for as many of his/her former unit as can be found.

Should I roll for that? 2d6?
[dice]2097[/dice]
You find the former commander... as well as a dozen mechwarriors from the regiment who've been dispossessed and are slowly drinking themselves to death on Solaris 7.

Your hiring agent basically sits down with him, offers him some drinks, listens to his plight, discusses things with you...

And by the end of the night the guy is ready to sell you his soul in exchange for three things. 1) a chance to save his unit. 2) A chance to skin Snakes. 3) A new mech

Damn.
One and three are definitely doable. As for two, depends on how things go with the FedCom. If peace continues, I don't mind releasing them from contract to go bust some Dracs' heads for their next war. And no I don't 'know' that will happen, but I suspect it will.

Understood. Where do you need them?

Painful smile followed by a weak chuckle.
No more needs to be said.

You have Cbills coming our of your ass. Would you like something more material?
Well an assault mech license and the discount on the tooling for it would also be neat. But they are merchants, and my pocket book is taking a hit. So, hmm. How about the licenses for the Patton and Rommel, and a discount on the tooling for the lines?

[dice]2098[/dice]

[dice]2099[/dice]
And now it rolls low. *sigh*

Taurian Guards      
Taurian Guard Veteran Fanatical Regiment
Taurian Velites Veteran Fanatical Regiment
Concordat Comandos Veteran Fanatical Regiment
I Corps      
Concordat Jaegers Veteran Reliable Regiment
Red Chasseurs Regular Reliable
Regiment
Gordon's Armored Cavalry Veteran Reliable
Regiment
II Corps      
Concordat Curaissiers Veteran Reliable
Regiment
Hyades Light Infantry Veteran Reliable
Regiment
Longwood's Bluecoats Veteran Questionable
Regiment
III Corps    
Pleiades Hussars Regular Reliable
Regiment
Taurian Lancers Green Reliable
Regiment
Bannockburn's Bandits Regular Reliable
Regiment
IV Corps      
Pleiades Lancers Green Reliable Regiment
2nd Taurian Lancers Green Reliable Regiment
Mercs      
Bronson's Horde Regular Questionable Regiment
Crater Cobras(garrison) Regular Reliable 2 Regiments(damaged)
Cameron's Legion(garrison) Regular Reliable Company
Fuchida's Fusiliers Regular Questionable Regiment
Gabhardt's Carabineers(3032) Veteran Reliable Regiment
Hsien's Hotheads Regular Reliable Regiment
Hells' Black Aces Veteran Reliable Aerospace Wing
Khrosakhov's Cossaks Veteran Reliable Regiment
Kingston Caballerros(garrison) Regular Reliable Regiment(damaged)
Legion of the Rising Sun Veteran Reliable Regiment(damaged)
Lone Wolves Regular Reliable Regiment
Markson's Marauders(garrison) Regular Reliable Regiment
12th Vegan Rangers Elite Reliable 4 Regiments
Wilson's Hussars(garrison) Regular Questionable Company
Merc Batalions Regular Reliable 6 batalions

Now, before I decide anything, was there any bites on the generic merc contracts offered. Or is this it?[/QUOTE]

Alright then, first draft of the plan I run by the Marshalls.

The IV Corps, Crater Cobras, Cameron's Legions, Kingston Caballerros, Markson's Marauders, all 6 Misc Merc Battalions, and Wilson's Hussars are to remain garrisoning the Concordat. That's about 8 regiments, and two company's worth spread across the Concordat, so that isn't too bad.

Now for the assault, if the TMI are absolutely sure that the Big Mac are on Menke, then the First Wave will look like this :
  1. The Taurian Guards, the II Corps, the 12th Vegan Rangers, Khrosakhov's Cossaks, the Lone Wolves and the Hells' Black Aces along with a detachment from the SASF are to hit Menke.
  2. At the same time Bronson's Horde, the Legion of the Rising Sun, and the Concordat Jaegers are to hit Rollis. With the Horde and the Jaegers to move on while the Legion rests, refits, and recruits more men while garrisoning Rollis.
  3. Corodiz will be hit by Hsien's Hotheads.
  4. Larsha by Fushida's Fusiliers.
  5. Zanzibar will be by the Red Chasseurs, and Gordon's Armored Cavalry.
  6. Muridox will be hit by the Taurian Lancers, and Bannockburn's Bandits.
  7. Yuris will be hit by the Pleiades Hussars.

NATASHA SMASH PUNY FREE BIRTHS!
Indeed.

Your call but he's pro-offensive. You can draw off forces once you've taken what you can. Right now you need to focus on the gold. You might never get a chance like this again.
I'll back the offensive for now but we have - perfectly understandably - different ideas of what the gold is. So I'm letting him know up front how many forces I send and how far I'll approve them going. (At the end of the day I'll need to garrison anything taken for the Concordat, so I have to consider digestion as well as nomming).

He'll take on part of the bond as he's suggesting it. Maybe the first 6 months?
Well, if the gentleman insists.

They get hit by the first wave of Capallan reinforcements. They're not a top-tier unit, but they're enough to slow your gains. One more roll.
[dice]2100[/dice]

I nod and sigh. "To be honest, you're probably more affected by it. I never knew this branch of my family. They were my kin, and it was horrible, but when I think of the death of my family my mind always drifts back to my parents."

WE MUST DUEL!

With training loads of course...

Liz is in fact perfectly happy with a bit of a duel, she's brought her Orion with her its seems.

Be my pleasure. I always loved reading novels like the Hornblower series...

Always wanted to have my own ship of the line... :p

Speaking of, you do actually own a tall ship. Its on Perdition which has wonderful sailing for big vessels.

Liz's yacht is only a 40', big enough to sail in comfort in the warm summer days and cozy enough that only a few bodyguards get brought along for close protection. Your trip later that month forms a nice weekend away from work and features plenty of getting to know you conversation that goes late into the night.

"I've always believed that power is best placed in the hands of those who have no love nor desire for it."

I run a hand down her back. "Is that an offer, a suggestion, or an observation?" he asks with a wink as he traces a hand down her back.
"Oh the last two," Rani comments with as she moves in closer, "After all in such a situation it would be best to ensure that ones household is harmonious. Take ones time to work out the kinks and ensure no bitter enemies are there to conflict with one another."

"However the call of my duties have been laid aside for several months" Rani replies as she ghosts her hand down your back. "The journey of discovering is always enlightening."

And I'd like to talk with her more.

Why so does she, in a shocking surprise the Marquess is more than willing to open her schedule for you during her vacation here on Taurus. During so you learn Rani has been a bit busy conversing with the other ladies. For a man of your wealth and power, well some are willing to consider a relationship that isn't just being your sole spouse.

I have to force myself to contain the following phrase: Death, by Snu-Snu.

That's an actual service available on Canpous. An extremely expensive service that requires a whole host of conditions and medical reports before even being considered by the Houses licensed to offer it. Usually reserved for the extremely wealthy with months or weeks to live via some form of inoperable cancer.

Madeline, who actually looks as if she's stepping off a magazine page all the time, and you almost literally set the dance floor aflame. Tracing her ring finger down the edge of your jaw line Madeline delicately lifts it and with her husky smokey voice that sends lightening down you back "If you want to finish the dance call me anytime,"

With that she turns and says her way through the crowd.

"I have no desire to ruin the mood, but I am an honest man. The answer is 'yes'."

After all, I do end up hiring a buttload of mercs many of whom probably end up on Vandenberg.

"Good you don't kiss and tell," Callina replies with a cheerful grin before launching into a quick rundown of what she does. Which is mostly going around and trouble shooting problems, or following up on older ones. Its a very effective way of actually learning how to be a planetary lord.

I'll happily visit her beach.

And I agree the Liao's are the problem and I'd very much like to hear her take on the other nobles.

She's not on my privy council like her mother, but she'll probably find my inner circle of friends quite comfortable.

Callina when she's free from her duties enjoys mingling with others and is young woman very comfortable in her own skin. With a quick dry wit she makes often pithy remarks, and has picked up a friendship with the Marquess Rani.

At the beach itself you discover she prefers a practical one piece, because my goodness does her beach have some wonderful waves to surf on

So, Fitz, I'm taking it you're putting the other stuff on hold for a little bit? Or are you going to continue it later today?

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/a-calderon-is-you.1609/page-9#post-348254

Liz is in fact perfectly happy with a bit of a duel, she's brought her Orion with her its seems.

How does she like my gunnery?

Speaking of, you do actually own a tall ship. Its on Perdition which has wonderful sailing for big vessels.

YES! I sale the shit out of it! And invite her.

Liz's yacht is only a 40', big enough to sail in comfort in the warm summer days and cozy enough that only a few bodyguards get brought along for close protection. Your trip later that month forms a nice weekend away from work and features plenty of getting to know you conversation that goes late into the night.

We have a lot of fun. That much is for sure.

"Oh the last two," Rani comments with as she moves in closer, "After all in such a situation it would be best to ensure that ones household is harmonious. Take ones time to work out the kinks and ensure no bitter enemies are there to conflict with one another."

"Which is why I don't plan to officiate anything with anyone in the immediate future. Some things require time and a gentle hand."

"However the call of my duties have been laid aside for several months" Rani replies as she ghosts her hand down your back. "The journey of discovering is always enlightening."

Indeed. Indeed it will be.

Why so does she, in a shocking surprise the Marquess is more than willing to open her schedule for you during her vacation here on Taurus. During so you learn Rani has been a bit busy conversing with the other ladies. For a man of your wealth and power, well some are willing to consider a relationship that isn't just being your sole spouse.

I'd like to know who.

That's an actual service available on Canpous. An extremely expensive service that requires a whole host of conditions and medical reports before even being considered by the Houses licensed to offer it. Usually reserved for the extremely wealthy with months or weeks to live via some form of inoperable cancer.

I was more concerned about broken pelvises but at least now I know how I intend to die.

Madeline, who actually looks as if she's stepping off a magazine page all the time, and you almost literally set the dance floor aflame. Tracing her ring finger down the edge of your jaw line Madeline delicately lifts it and with her husky smokey voice that sends lightening down you back "If you want to finish the dance call me anytime,"

With that she turns and says her way through the crowd.

The key word there will be ASAP.

I'm taking at least one of these girls home and by now my balls are so blue you'd think my children would be born lyran.

"Good you don't kiss and tell," Callina replies with a cheerful grin before launching into a quick rundown of what she does. Which is mostly going around and trouble shooting problems, or following up on older ones. Its a very effective way of actually learning how to be a planetary lord.

I pay attention.
Callina when she's free from her duties enjoys mingling with others and is young woman very comfortable in her own skin. With a quick dry wit she makes often pithy remarks, and has picked up a friendship with the Marquess Rani.

I'm guessing her wit works well with my sarcasm. And she's one of the few who gets told about my... well... finds when the time comes.

At the beach itself you discover she prefers a practical one piece, because my goodness does her beach have some wonderful waves to surf on

Never surfed before. Happy to learn, also happy to do some sunbathing. Esp if we're in the nude :p

Got it. Honestly, anyone who hires them should expect something like that to happen.

Still fucks over plans and plots.

Merchants. It's always Capitalism ho with them.

Your mastery of the obvious is astounding.

Operational security is a bitch.

Another 2d6

Right, not like they can just take any dispossessed Mech Jockey or farmer's boy right off the street.

Not if they want to stay a unit worth a damn.

Oh thank god. And it's perfectly fine cooking! So what if everyone immediately runs to the bathroom after eating it! That's my momma's cooking your talking about!:p

"I'll get the stomach pump again, sir."

Huh, well keep looking for any leadership that survived, and start seeing if there's any charismatic types in the dispossessed who want some help getting the band back together. Mechs will be included at subsidized prices for as many of his/her former unit as can be found.

Should I roll for that? 2d6?
[dice]2097[/dice]

Seems that the command group was killed... keep looking

One and three are definitely doable. As for two, depends on how things go with the FedCom. If peace continues, I don't mind releasing them from contract to go bust some Dracs' heads for their next war. And no I don't 'know' that will happen, but I suspect it will.

DEAL!

Well an assault mech license and the discount on the tooling for it would also be neat. But they are merchants, and my pocket book is taking a hit. So, hmm. How about the licenses for the Patton and Rommel, and a discount on the tooling for the lines?

They'll give you a copy of the designs in the factory and the specs to one mech of your choice within reason. You can build your own tooling.

MIIO steals the dropper out from under you.
[dice]2099[/dice]
And now it rolls low. *sigh*

That's life.
Alright then, first draft of the plan I run by the Marshalls.

The IV Corps, Crater Cobras, Cameron's Legions, Kingston Caballerros, Markson's Marauders, all 6 Misc Merc Battalions, and Wilson's Hussars are to remain garrisoning the Concordat. That's about 8 regiments, and two company's worth spread across the Concordat, so that isn't too bad.

Now for the assault, if the TMI are absolutely sure that the Big Mac are on Menke, then the First Wave will look like this :
  1. The Taurian Guards, the II Corps, the 12th Vegan Rangers, Khrosakhov's Cossaks, the Lone Wolves and the Hells' Black Aces along with a detachment from the SASF are to hit Menke.
  2. At the same time Bronson's Horde, the Legion of the Rising Sun, and the Concordat Jaegers are to hit Rollis. With the Horde and the Jaegers to move on while the Legion rests, refits, and recruits more men while garrisoning Rollis.
  3. Corodiz will be hit by Hsien's Hotheads.
  4. Larsha by Fushida's Fusiliers.
  5. Zanzibar will be by the Red Chasseurs, and Gordon's Armored Cavalry.
  6. Muridox will be hit by the Taurian Lancers, and Bannockburn's Bandits.
  7. Yuris will be hit by the Pleiades Hussars.

Sounds solid, roll for each attack.

And consider opening negotiations with individual planets. You might get a couple willing to defect.

I'll back the offensive for now but we have - perfectly understandably - different ideas of what the gold is. So I'm letting him know up front how many forces I send and how far I'll approve them going. (At the end of the day I'll need to garrison anything taken for the Concordat, so I have to consider digestion as well as nomming).

Fair enough.

Well, if the gentleman insists.

He does. In fact as it was his suggestion, he'll handle it for six months OR the duration of the conflict since it can be considered a valid military expense for the Federated Suns.

After the initial shock of meeting resistance your units rally and basically roll over them.

2 planets.

Meanwhile, Ian takes Mitchel almost without shots fired and moves onto Victoria where he's starting to actually have to fight for his gains.

Max Liao is putting up a hell of a fight, but Ian is just the better commander.

Last edited:
How is morale holding up and how do the Marshals feel about how this is going?

He does. In fact as it was his suggestion, he'll handle it for six months OR the duration of the conflict since it can be considered a valid military expense for the Federated Suns.
Six months then.

After the initial shock of meeting resistance your units rally and basically roll over them.

2 planets.
Use the mercenaries to garrison Rollis and Corodiz. The Red Chasseurs and the Concordat Jaegers regroup and prepare for future operations.

Send the Taurian Guards and Gordon's Armored Cavalry with supporting elements to strike at Zanzibar - we do need to cover Ian's flank.

[dice]2102[/dice]
Uh-oh.

Meanwhile, Ian takes Mitchel almost without shots fired and moves onto Victoria where he's starting to actually have to fight for his gains.

Max Liao is putting up a hell of a fight, but Ian is just the better commander.
Send my congratulations. Is Ian shoving himself out front or otherwise acting recklessly? I'm guessing his next goal - barring problems - will be Menke, which already got a serious working over so it should be a fairly soft target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back