• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) 3033
"Don't encourage him, sir."
Bah, fine.

What designs were being build there?
Looks like the Po, the 4-L and 8-D types of Warhammers, and various armors, and missile launchers made by Menke Armor and Armaments.

It's still a goddamned mess and will need almost a total rebuild.
Alright.

*head meet desk*
[dice]2340[/dice]

Well, they'll happily allow you the specs for anything and any technical data as well as samples of any technology found but frankly they have the most need for the fighters themselves.
Fine, but issue a request to get as many Spads as possible. I'm willing to forfeit the other examples, as long as we get enough of those to do an actual physical study on it's semi-modular frame.

"Exactly what did you find."
?
Isn't she asking for the mechs and Jumpships/Dropships we salvaged during the fighting? Because if this is a another reference to the LosTech, the answer is no, no, and not telling.

Let her.

Huh? It's an issue with the design. Now it's fading a bit due to the succession wars technological backslide ending but still...
That's what I meant by having a fix for that.

You're not seriously asking for a daughter are you?
No, no I'm not.
Anyway, see about trading the Merchant for the Invader design with Technicron Manufacturing.

Not quite as abundant as back home, but still interesting.
Well considering where home is for her, honestly not that surprising.

She enjoys the military museums and is generally impressed by the Concordant's long history.

VERY impressed. It's a no wonder you were able to cream the Capallans. You have the numbers and firepower the Canopian military doesn't.
Well, that is a benefit of having a highly industrialized state. More toys to work with.

[dice]2341[/dice]

Okay.

She'd like that.

She also at one point says if you're even going to entertain this idea there's something she has to check.

She kisses you and asks to see your room...

Let me put it this way, roll 2d6 and the girl fucks like a mink.
OOC: Oh god damn it really? You're asking me to roll for this? With my luck? 12 here we come.

[dice]2342[/dice]
OOC:Well, I supposed average is better then 12.

Alright. Still considering the marriage pact?
Yes, I might want to see about any other potential brides, but I honestly think this may be the best option.

Of course it did.

[dice]2343[/dice]

Still testing but nothings exploded yet... which is a shame because they were playing with ideas for tandem charge ammunition. Must be something in the fusing systems...
And when I want it to go boom...

[dice]2344[/dice]

Prototype fall down go boom. Without the falling part.
[dice]2345[/dice]
And there goes another explosion.

They just created a machine that with a push of a button will send the person into a transcendent hallucinogenic trance... which is a far bit better than the previous models nosebleeds and headaches.

Right now it's a 5 million C-bill high. They invite you to try it out. :p
... Probably not a good idea. :confused: is not a fate I want.
[dice]2346[/dice]

They'd be willing to... license them.
...fine.

2d6? The info they had helps but they're not pirates.
No, but they did have a bit of contact with them, considering they did work for RedJack Ryan in 3021. So while I'm not expecting a lot, any information would help.

[dice]2348[/dice]

By the by, what is the general atmosphere in the Concordat about another war against the Pirates, given we've just come off one with the Capellans?
The issue is making a way to distribute this without attracting attention.
Well, if the special decryption gear idea isn't viable.

Celano find is out, too long ago. Risin puts too much of a risk on the OWA. We still haven't found the Illyria cache yet. Fuck it, suppose we can fake a find on some remote periphery world. Say it was a boneyard depot that contained terraforming files, and a few other civilian techs. Would help to explain the whole acquisition of 7 mech regiments and 12 CV regiments, especially since they're primitive.(those were assigned to the militia and given a upgrade schedule, right?) Still not certain how we were planning on hiding that.

Though I suppose we can say we got really lucky and managed to decrypt those sections on the Helm Core due to a fluke...

OOC:Oh wait, did you mean how we go about giving it away? Or just how do we explain we have it? Because I was thinking slow boats for the giving part.
Because she'd demand access to it.
And we'd give it to her why?

Okay. What do you want to do?
First, depending on our cover story for the introduction of the tech, we can either phase it in gradually over a period of years, or just dump it all in. The plan is now dependent on what story we decide on.
And it's basically in a very deep armored bunker with several other copies in equally deep armored bunkers.
And I'm guessing lots and lots of nukes, just in case.

Last edited:
Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) 3033

Bah, fine.

Looks like the Po, the 4-L and 8-D types of Warhammers, and various armors, and missile launchers made by Menke Armor and Armaments.

You get nothing you don't already have. THe Po isn't under construction yet.

*head meet desk*
[dice]2340[/dice]

They get some work done...

Fine, but issue a request to get as many Spads as possible. I'm willing to forfeit the other examples, as long as we get enough of those to do an actual physical study on it's semi-modular frame.

You do realize Spads are still being produced right? You could just... I don't know... buy a couple?

?
Isn't she asking for the mechs and Jumpships/Dropships we salvaged during the fighting? Because if this is a another reference to the LosTech, the answer is no, no, and not telling.

"Let me explain this clearly to you. I am currently in a military Alliance with both the Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth. As your foreign affairs will tell you, they are unwilling to commit to a war that was started against my late sister. For Lostech of undetermined nature on the other hand they would be willing to render aid in its recovery. I have tolerated you this long. Do not test my patience."

And along those lines troops have been reported moving out of Saint Ives as well as several FedSuns RCTs have been seen moving along the border.

You need to throw her a bone of some kind.

Let her.

That's what I meant by having a fix for that.

Not that simple. You're still a periphery state.

No, no I'm not.
Anyway, see about trading the Merchant for the Invader design with Technicron Manufacturing.

They'll want something to sweaten the pot just a little.

The Merchant only has 2 jump collars. Thought it had 4. My mistake

Well considering where home is for her, honestly not that surprising.

Yep.

Well, that is a benefit of having a highly industrialized state. More toys to work with.

True. And she'd like her people to reach this state of preparation.

She's a very skillful pilot yet you manage to pull a win.

OOC: Oh god damn it really? You're asking me to roll for this? With my luck? 12 here we come.

Yep. I'm making you roll for this. Remember where she's from. She has to see if you impress.
[dice]2342[/dice]
OOC:Well, I supposed average is better then 12.

Not bad. Not very impressive but you could be taught.

Yes, I might want to see about any other potential brides, but I honestly think this may be the best option.

Lets stick with her for now then until you decide otherwise.

It no longer explodes. It simply jams.

And when I want it to go boom...

[dice]2344[/dice]

They got it to explode. Sometimes. And sometimes when you don't want it to.

BTW, they need a new testing rig.

[dice]2345[/dice]
And there goes another explosion.

a yep.

... Probably not a good idea. :confused: is not a fate I want.
[dice]2346[/dice]

The program as put on hold as the entire testing team is placed into rehab. Seems that the machine also managed to be addictive.

...fine.

No, but they did have a bit of contact with them, considering they did work for RedJack Ryan in 3021. So while I'm not expecting a lot, any information would help.

[dice]2348[/dice]

By the by, what is the general atmosphere in the Concordat about another war against the Pirates, given we've just come off one with the Capellans?

You know the location... and what do you mean "come off of one". It's still on, there's just a cease fire while you negotiate.

Well, if the special decryption gear idea isn't viable.

Celano find is out, too long ago. Risin puts too much of a risk on the OWA. We still haven't found the Illyria cache yet. Fuck it, suppose we can fake a find on some remote periphery world. Say it was a boneyard depot that contained terraforming files, and a few other civilian techs. Would help to explain the whole acquisition of 7 mech regiments and 12 CV regiments, especially since they're primitive.(those were assigned to the militia and given a upgrade schedule, right?) Still not certain how we were planning on hiding that.

Though I suppose we can say we got really lucky and managed to decrypt those sections on the Helm Core due to a fluke...

Terraforming data wouldn't have been on a periphery world. the TH was very stingy with it.
OOC:Oh wait, did you mean how we go about giving it away? Or just how do we explain we have it? Because I was thinking slow boats for the giving part.

That made no sense.

And we'd give it to her why?

Seriously, dude?

Because she has all those fresh regiments from the former Saint Ive compact and her friends in the FedCom to take it from you if she really wants it bad enough. And she's pretty pissed at you as is.

And if she isn't able to take it she might settle for setting some of your shit on fire and taking back the worlds you took.

First, depending on our cover story for the introduction of the tech, we can either phase it in gradually over a period of years, or just dump it all in. The plan is now dependent on what story we decide on.

Well, try and think of a logical one.

And I'm guessing lots and lots of nukes, just in case.

Yes.

Psycho, quick question. You do know that the Victoria Lostech Facility was found in the mid 3020s by the Confederation. Why the hell does she want data that she should already have?

Alright then, so what would she be asking for now? Can't be the lines, she should already have a copy of the data, is it a share of the mechs from the Menke cache?

A share of the mechs.

You can roll and try and BS her over the technology. Though that might piss her off.

Or you can give her samples that don't have the best tech in them. And hope she doesn't find out.

Your call.

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013
It'll be a hell of a refit but you can get started now. The transit drive will be the real issue.
Repairing it serves two purposes:
1. More security around Taurus
2. Building up the skills of the workers to potentially build warships in the future. The quite distant future, admittedly.

You have the original core. It's literally an issue of copy-paste.

Really, Grayson Death Carlyle was something of a well meaning dolt it turns out who got VERY lucky.

He didn't know to decrypt the core's information before copying it which held back actually understanding the info by at least a decade. He's just lucky that the file structure directory was intact because without that it would have forever been nothing more than gobbledygook.

If you think that's the first Datacore found since the Star League you'd be wrong. It's just the first one that wasn't in some way damaged, which would have corrupted the directory files and made it unreadable.
I want a lot of copies, enough to put hundreds in hiding places. ComStar destroyed practically every copy Carlyle made of his. I won't let that be done to us.

"I need to talk to Hanse."

He's quaking with fury
"Let me know what he thinks." Bringing Hanse in is a good move but it's much better idea to let Ian do the talking there.

He's a very attentive lover. If this is what Kaede has to look forward to, well, no regrets... and probably a lot of children. ;)
Neither of those sounds like a bad thing in the long run. More Calderon children are practically obligatory and Ian will want some Davion children.

Other things to do: get TMI a bigger budget to generally tighten up our security. We're already a much higher Capellan priority than we were but now everyone is going to be trying to get inside our security.

How's the negotiation on the marriage treaty (let's face it, that's what it is) going?

Similarly, start planning how to make a public announcement to sell this to the Concordat without sparking outright revolt.

Are there any problems on the border with the Capellans or are things settling down there?

Are the Kuritas still sending lawyers to complain about the Bulldog copying and the Saber manufacture?

Repairing it serves two purposes:
1. More security around Taurus
2. Building up the skills of the workers to potentially build warships in the future. The quite distant future, admittedly.

*nods* But it'll take time and money. Lots of money.

I want a lot of copies, enough to put hundreds in hiding places. ComStar destroyed practically every copy Carlyle made of his. I won't let that be done to us.

Done. They're going to hide them all about the cluster.

"Let me know what he thinks." Bringing Hanse in is a good move but it's much better idea to let Ian do the talking there.

He sends orders for Hanse to report to Taurus immediately.

Hanse is there by the end of the week and he explains to his brother what you told him.

Hanse listens closely and then nods. "Alright. While I have doubts about Comstar myself, I assume you have some form of evidence?"

Neither of those sounds like a bad thing in the long run. More Calderon children are practically obligatory and Ian will want some Davion children.

And hey, if you're gonna get married at least its' good for your other half to be good in bed.

Other things to do: get TMI a bigger budget to generally tighten up our security. We're already a much higher Capellan priority than we were but now everyone is going to be trying to get inside our security.

Hanse actually offers to help give them a hand... and he'll bring in some MIIO and MI6 guys to help out.

He'll be blunt. If you are going to marry his brother it means these people are now responsible for the protection and safety of his family.

How's the negotiation on the marriage treaty (let's face it, that's what it is) going?

Well. The two of you banged out the big stuff. At this point it's

Similarly, start planning how to make a public announcement to sell this to the Concordat without sparking outright revolt.

They already "leaked" that you're in negotiation for the return of the Pleiades. Considering you've already taken back what was "stolen" by the Capallans, among the civilian population you might as well be walking on water and turning water into wine.

Even fucking young Grover Shraplen, one of the biggest anti-Davion hotheads actually comes up to you with tears in his eyes. Seems he's found out "the price" you're paying as well as some of the details. He thanks you for your grand sacrifice for the sake of the Concordant.

He's gotten it in your head that this is a lie back and think of Taurus moment for you, because being wed to one of those Davion brutes can't be anything short of hell so to be willing to bare that for the nature is a true and noble sacrifice.

Are there any problems on the border with the Capellans or are things settling down there?

With the shit Andurien is pulling in their back behind they can't afford to do anything stupid.

Are the Kuritas still sending lawyers to complain about the Bulldog copying and the Saber manufacture?

Ever since the "Courtship War" started, they've gotten the point. You're in the Davion corner.

*nods* But it'll take time and money. Lots of money.
I have money and we may have time. Or not, so start now, if not yesterday.

Done. They're going to hide them all about the cluster.
And some of them out of there. And the list of where they are is to be divided with no one knowing where all of them are.

He sends orders for Hanse to report to Taurus immediately.

Hanse is there by the end of the week and he explains to his brother what you told him.

Hanse listens closely and then nods. "Alright. While I have doubts about Comstar myself, I assume you have some form of evidence?"
As I said, I've a chain of logic but not hard evidence. If I had evidence I would share it.
However, if anyone back in the 2780s had compared notes they'd have found that Jerome Blake claimed to each Successor Lord that all four the others had already agreed to ComStar's neutrality - which is clearly impossible.

I'm fairly sure they have two hidden caches of warships but there's far too high a probability of any recon force vanishing without a trace (and sparking retaliation) for me to send anything into Ross or Lutyen. There might be something in Versailles - a system once part of the Federated Suns - codenamed Taussen, but I'm not convinced of that.

And hey, if you're gonna get married at least its' good for your other half to be good in bed.
Doesn't hurt.

Hanse actually offers to help give them a hand... and he'll bring in some MIIO and MI6 guys to help out.

He'll be blunt. If you are going to marry his brother it means these people are now responsible for the protection and safety of his family.
So long as it's done diplomatically.

Well. The two of you banged out the big stuff. At this point it's
its...?

They already "leaked" that you're in negotiation for the return of the Pleiades. Considering you've already taken back what was "stolen" by the Capallans, among the civilian population you might as well be walking on water and turning water into wine.

Even fucking young Grover Shraplen, one of the biggest anti-Davion hotheads actually comes up to you with tears in his eyes. Seems he's found out "the price" you're paying as well as some of the details. He thanks you for your grand sacrifice for the sake of the Concordant.

He's gotten it in your head that this is a lie back and think of Taurus moment for you, because being wed to one of those Davion brutes can't be anything short of hell so to be willing to bare that for the nature is a true and noble sacrifice.
I figured some of them would see it that way. And as long as it wins over their support, I can live with it.
I'll graciously assure Shraplen that nothing is more important to me than the Concordat.

With the shit Andurien is pulling in their back behind they can't afford to do anything stupid.
Good... but what about something cunning. If the CCAF isn't looking at us, what about the Maskirova. (I'd say Death Commandos but it'll probably take a little longer for Max to rebuild them after they got wiped out on Laconis.

Ever since the "Courtship War" started, they've gotten the point. You're in the Davion corner.
Okay.

So, would she like her own personal tank and would she like training as a tank commander? It's her call, but it would look very good and endear her to the population. Plus it's somewhat standard for Taurian Citizens to do a term of public service and while she wasn't born one, I do intend to give her citizenship and it'll beat the hell out of time in the home guard.

Akeno would very much enjoy having her own personal tank, she's actually a qualified Vedette Commander already. While it puts off her entry into Samantha University, Akeno writes to you during her basic eighteen weeks of boot camp, describing her time and the friends she's making.

During her only weekend leave in the last few weeks of training the two of you promptly wreck another mattress within hours. Things get extremely steamy when Madeline joins in.

Akeno's service is seen in a very positive light and once she actually gets in a tank you get a letter from her Subaltern suggesting that Akeno apply to the École Militaire.

Speaking of which, I'd like to talk about having our citizens Milita improved. Besides nukes it the other reason attacking the concordant is insane in the extreme. Because of our public service standards everyone knows how to use a gun and unlike the sheeple of the inner sphere we make it a national pasttime to shoot at invaders.

Might be a good idea to create a set of low cost standardized kit and open source the design. Maybe share it with our periphery allies.

Your TDF staff inquire on the following

How do you want militia forces equipped? Combat Vees beyond APC's and missile launchers? Mechs? Strike Fighters? ASF?

Will you subsidize purchases of equipment for the Noble Regiments?

To make up for it, I offer to help McLoed's Land build a school too. Just a non-military one.

Given McLeod's Land had an University established on it only eight years ago a number of your planetary lords would grumble if they got a second. Most Lords are viewing Flaum getting the Academy as the wealth being spread around instead of concentrated.

Oops I forgot that they were the ones who designed it.

Okay, new plan. VMI have the plans returned to them, probably as a gift for Callina after a long night of carnal delights (I do most of my best work as pillow talk!) but there are a couple conditions. They need to license it out to other local concerns for a while. It's going to be almost as popular as the Toro and we need as many people building them as possible.

VMI of course agrees, the grumbling it seems was mostly corporate rivalry. Licenses are made out, and Talos lines are constructed.

VMI also wants their majority share holder to sign off on their new plan. With access to the tooling data VMI wants to convert their Stinger lines into Phoenix Hawk lines

Hows this going over with the sphere?

The rise of the Taurian Concordat is actually being viewed a bit of alarm in some quarters, mostly Maximilian Liao's, Michael Haseks and while you don't actually know its a fairly good guess that Comstar is a wee bit upset as well.

Everybody is assuming that the Concordat found an intact and working SLDF memory core, a great prize indeed, which is why a good number of high born ladies are finding their definitions of "I'm actually fine with this" growing unusually wide.

Marcus Kurita is suffering ulcers, Akeno also dutifully reports with barely hidden glee at the suffering of her older half brother upon communication with her elder sister.

If Janos Marik thought she'd actually obey Kristen Marik would be attending your court as well.

In between the tensions between the FedCom and Captyns Concordat the TC's rise all but promises to make the coming 4th Succession War even worse.

And I have several Toros slated for the Hat in the Ring to create a couple subtypes. I know one obvious is a model with an SRM.

All three manufactures are producing one in four Toro's with the LRM5s swapped out for SRM4s. Some of the engineering work going into the Spad and Mercury has paid off, the swap between the two missile types is now an in-field repair and relatively easy to accomplish.

Perfectly good. See it done.

By mid 3027 Scarborough's trio of Hover tanks are rolling off assembly lines.

I do send a questioning message: Why even bother with the trucks then?

Quikcell notes its manufacturing a mobile water filter truck, and by gum that's what they'll deliver!

Its Quikcell, people are just glad the tires are actually the right size and not mismatched.

Awesome.

Now I'd like to look into the more detailed files on terraforming.

When you acquire the Helm Core your scientists make some startling discoveries.

The New Dallas Core provides accurate specs for production of military gear, while the Helm Core would limit Royal equipment's (freezers, FF, LBX etc) construction.

Good news is that the terra-forming details are easy and straight forward to understand, as is the information on constructing standard Jumpships.

Really the only things its missing are details on WarShips and associated weapons, Black Boxes, and the CASPER Systems.

In fact I sit down with Mr. Dunn and some of my others (including my aunt and Moneypenny) to discuss an idea I had.

Using this to create a Legacy Datacore. One that contains all the information needed to form a basic interstellar society. It's not a military database and any weapons technology would be limited, but it would contain the info needed to ensure that humanity never falls from the stars.

Your idea gets well received and Lord Dunn quickly begins pulling together what would be needed.

I send a polite letter of thanks to Chandrasekhar along with an open invite should he ever be in the area.

Then I tell moneypenny if he ever accepts this invite I want to know when he farts because the man is one of House Kurita's spymasters. But sometimes its the devil you know, and he's authentically a decent and honorable man.

Uncle Chandy sends back a rather raunchy letter in reply, full of advice and sources to spice ones marital life up. Sadly business interests in the Combine keep him busy but if he can every pry himself free from work he'll gladly take you up on your invite.

He also apologizes for the way the distribution of the J/U water filters was handled but he judged it as the most practical manner to ensure the units were constructed properly. Now those failing to meet standards are dishonoring the Kurita's.

Given the DCs rep for quality control is about par with Quikcell or worse.....

I don't know. It would be nice being able to order annoying people to water the bushes.

Female Kurita whose just under age XD

The man's a traitor.

Of which you don't have actually proof

"I want this done. I want this done very very much." I state with absolute certainty. Get me that unit.

Roll 2d6 for MAC - Seduction

It was only one jump... o_O

Two at the very end of your supply chains. Besides the TDF isn't well versed in attacking, its much more used to being the defender.

Do we have the specs for the Jumbo or Mule? We need to put them into production.

Now that your agents from Helm have successfully returned, yes you do.

Production is estimated to begin around 3030

Work begins. Expect New Vandenberg to be able to support 3 months of campaigning by a Corps by mid 3027, and 12 months by August 3028

No, he did it by being a complete monster with the outlook on life and general military outlook of Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Heh

Good, because I was told this out-landing tale that someone was going to try and replace you with a clone or some such nonsense.

I know it's their job, but these intel people will issue the most outlandish reports some time. That sounds like something right out of a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm sure that next they'll be telling me that Comstar has a death ray that causes earthquakes with they're intending to use to set off all the major Fault Lines in the inner sphere as the first step in their grand plan of intergalactic conquest.

As for Lisa, that is a complicated issue that bares talking about in person.

Hanse is amused and reveals that several members of his household on Argyle had been subverted by Adran Sortek quickly dealt with the issue.

Speaking of Belters. I'd like to have them beg the Terran ones for some of their medical technology. Seriously. What do they want. What do we have?

Practically nothing you have interests them. You'd think they were Xenophobic paranoids of the first order, but as a Taurian its merely well placed caution.

Roll however 2d6 labeled "Mercy"

Our clusters are large and full of asteroids. Hide them.

Double heat sinks in practical numbers will be rolling out in early 3028

Endo-steel will be onstream at roughly the same time.

Ferro Fiberous however will be out August 3027, thanks to all the work the Concordat has done ahead of time.

Gauss Rifles are September 3027 as is AMS.

Guardian ECM, & Beagle Active Probes are scheduled for 3031

Pulse Lasers aren't a particular priority so late 3029

LB-X 10's and UAC5's will be coming out June 3028

Arrow IV July 3027

ER PPCs will arrive November 3027

Along the border somewhere secure.

And I'd like to meet after I get one of the standard SLDF cores.

Honestly my agenda is to try and build a treaty with the MoC DoA and FS/LC that'll benefit all of us at the expense of Max Liao.

Hanse suggests As Samik.

I'll start with a joint defense pact and let it grow from there. Lets start with the negotiations.

The fact I wanted Emma along will point out that I am considering more.

Ideally I'd like this after I get one of the SLDF cores.

Kyalla Centrella it seems is in cahoots with Catherine Humphries, with Emma tentatively engaged to Richard Humphries.

Both women are very happy to discuss plans to carve up the CapCon.

Any suggested dates for the attack?

Speaking of which, how are my lostech projects going? I know Columbus isn't going to be reporting in probably until 3027 but Illyria and Helm should have news.

Helm arrives shortly after New Dallas with a decoded copy of that core.

Roll 2d6 for Illyria

And I talk to Liz about expanding Manga's production in the Concordant with a second factory dedicated to their lower end arms.

Given the upwards demand for Dropship engines Magna wants to build a second plant on Samantha

Along those lines, I want the core combed for the specs for every currently constructable weapon with a license that is no longer valid. Esp ones we could validly claim were reverse engineered from our latest "find"

If we can "salvage" the design and license it out, or grant the rights in exchange for favors it would benefit us.

For example I'm sure Magna Metals for example would love to add a AC line to their production and considering its not made in the FWL, I have a feeling they've lost the ability to replicate the specs sheet for the Magna Hellstar...which we probably possess.

Your staff start looking

Also have a TOP priority job for TMI that needs to be done VERY carefully.

I want one of the Wolf Dragoons Badger and Bandit vehicles intact. And they can't know they were stolen. They have to believe them destroyed. That is critical and they cannot know who is responsible. And all info is to be kept secret. Don't want Comstar finding out about this.

Once we have them handed to the people working on the mercury and Spad. The reason is simple. They're Omnivehicles. I want their tech studied and reverse engineered.

TMI suggests having one the Concordats companies say PPL extend an open offer to build more Badger and Bandits to the Dragoons first.

Samantha Calderon September 3025

It's said Revy threw her arm around his shoulder and said "Lets go shopping"

Heh

You get a hand written letter with a chibi sketch of Revy in a school uniform with big puppy dog eyes.

"Mommy, can we go a viking, pweese?"

Next time you meet you have some really fucked up sex.

Well it is a chance for Samantha to try out the double pronged devastator on a willing female partner. Ah Canopian sex toys.

Revy gets permission to raid Tortuga.

Most of the slaves are from Taurus or the Federated Suns.

Most of the worst went down fighting. The ones who are left there's a general unspoken agreement that as long as they don't cause trouble they'll be permitted to live and raid the shit out of your designated foes.

Which for now is Tortuga's pirates and Lady Death herself.

Hanse himself sends you a congratulatory letter. Hiring a group who are little more than legalized pirates to infiltrate and absorb a band of actual pirates then bind them to yourself via noble title.

He's impressed.

He'll have to burn the planet to the ground if they start ravaging his outback, but still very clever and masterfully done.

Samantha accepts his praise and notes that she'll be hanging the Brigader of the TDF garrison and its noble ruler if they start ravaging the FedSuns.

Speaking of which would you be interested in causing house Liao any trouble?

He knows you're not a bandit state. Frankly the only reason the concordant isn't counted as a successor state is because your ancestors told Ian Cameron to blow it out his ass... But now that you have a pet bandit lord you might be able to come to some covert arrangements...

3025 is not quite the right time, but Samantha is thinking the FWL border sometime 3027

Revy would like to keep several on hand (since she technically captured them too) as transports for her newly expanded group of raiders. Who will need to have long range striking abilities.

Samantha has the Zarantha Lancers equipped with the two Tramps, new Unions, and a plan to supply them with Wolverines, and Griffins.

Sam's giving them an official name, flag and a role as a mobile medium weight raiding Mech Regiment.

She arrives looking kinda super pissed and more than a little frazzled.

Timebomb is set.

Samantha ensures good booze is laid in.

"How the hell do you know this?" Natasha demands.

Money well spent!

"A two hundred and forty year HUMINT operation aimed at discovering where the SLDF in Exile ended up kept extremely close to the chest within the Calderon family" Samantha answers calmly as she cracks open a bottle of very good brandy and pours them both a full glass. "Do have a drink Natasha and settle your nerves."

"Practically speaking the Diamond Shark merchants were chatty with Hanseatic League merchants, who in turn were willing to sell recorded footage to agents," Samantha calmly points out before nibbling on cheese and crackers.

"Except for a few master files everything got wiped out in the incident that utterly destroyed the rest of my family," Samantha notes dryly. "The details I know are roughly speaking the SLDF turned into the Clans of Kerensky, said Clans are active military forces, possess WarShips, and advanced Star League weaponry."

"Care to fill in any of the blanks?" Samantha inquires dryly "Oh and did your society manage to get artificial wombs up and running? I should be having a good number of children but have no desires to be pregnant constantly."

He's 22. He enjoys long walks on the beach. He's a Virgo.

Seriously, he's a FWL patriot who's very much interested in expanded trade and arranging an alliance with the focus of keeping an eye on the Confederation.

Serious but even tempted man. A little stiff

Samantha is very interested in expanding trade, as for keeping an eye on the Confederation she suggests airing concerns with Duncan Marik.

Samantha sounds him out for any interesting hobbies, and more importantly does he know how to Tango?

Yep. Let me know when 3026 comes by so I can give you presents and enact Operation: Toxic Mega Cunt (Misako likes to use strange names. Makes people less likely to take it seriously should they hear about it. Strange logic that one.)

Pretty shortly after this.

Would you be willing to make arrangements for credit?

Yes. You can blame the FS and FWL for that. Why? You have something to discuss on the subject?

Samantha suggests kindly that Comstar bonded credit is the way to go.

As for Hollis, well how open would the Chancellor be to Hollis licensing their products?

EVERYONE is shocked. His mother sends you a letter of thanks... she assumes that you had him "given a talking to" because the boy is very stubborn sometimes.

Samantha dryly notes that Richard fell into the more adventuresome crowd, Arnold and Josette Goldstein of Flaum are a bit notorious for their antics but are well versed in birth control. Serious hedonists shudder at unplanned pregnancies, and hopefully Richard learns from their example.

Of course. She lightly flirts back.

Samantha inquires if Lady Kelly would be interested in a three day sailing trip with a great deal of privacy?

He snort/chuckles. "Yeah, but good luck getting one of those without a time machine. I'm looking forward to seeing you build the Zeus too. It's a solid soldier mech. Though I'd consider replacing the LRM. You might lose the punch plate, but the weapon is something of a hanger queen. And if you can get it to work with a PPC in place of the AC there's a standing bounty that Defiance has put out."

"Oh a good bit of information to know," Samantha answers before subtly leaning into Ivan to get a feel for him. "Now do you move this gracefully off the dance floor?"

Anyways, I'm assuming its late in the year so you get a new arrival and some news.

I'll need to be caught up on some of your stuff but the Helm mission has located the Castle Brian and the New Dallas mission just arrived home.

They have a TH Memory core and their dropships are loaded with equipment to the point that they're actually loaded beyond rated capacity.

They found 7 regiments of mechs (2 of which are primitives) and 9 regiments of armor.

Assuming early model SLDF units Samantha arranges for a Medium weight unit composed mainly of Shadow Hawks, Wolverines, Griffins and Phoenix Hawks to be put together as the 2nd Taurian Lancers who get a Regiment of Merkava's

Another regiment of Heavies gets put together to form the foundation of the Calderon Red Hand Regiment.

Samantha uses all those highly skilled dispossessed Mech warriors to build up the 2 regiments

Two regiments of mechs get marked for resupplying units, while the remaining 3 get passed around to the lesser dispossessed in lieu of Wasps and Stingers.

In the background Samantha is keeping up a personal training routine to keep fit, fend off attackers, and escape and evade. Also how to dance.

She's keeping up her certification as a Leopard pilot as well.

After her 21st birthday Samantha also has École Militaire and Naval Institute instructors work with her on a masters degree.

I have money and we may have time. Or not, so start now, if not yesterday.

Done.

And some of them out of there. And the list of where they are is to be divided with no one knowing where all of them are.

Taurian Space is going to be a knowledge mind field.

As I said, I've a chain of logic but not hard evidence. If I had evidence I would share it.

Hm. Understood. He'll need to spend time doing independent investigation.

However, if anyone back in the 2780s had compared notes they'd have found that Jerome Blake claimed to each Successor Lord that all four the others had already agreed to ComStar's neutrality - which is clearly impossible.

That... he does have evidence of. Founded on a lie. Very inconvenient.

I'm fairly sure they have two hidden caches of warships but there's far too high a probability of any recon force vanishing without a trace (and sparking retaliation) for me to send anything into Ross or Lutyen. There might be something in Versailles - a system once part of the Federated Suns - codenamed Taussen, but I'm not convinced of that.

The idea of a hidden world make Ian apocalyptic and Hanse turn red.

They're going to build some specialized spy-sats. Jump a ship well outside the standard jumplimit and set up some drone observation satellites build along the lines of telescopes like the ancient Hubble and point them at the major planets to see what they've got.

Maybe a little when you walk.

So long as it's done diplomatically.

It is.

Sorry. Basically devil is in the details and they're having their own little succession war about the wording. You two probably are going to reject it twice before it's to your liking. They're having trouble getting that this is meant to be an equatable treaty not a covert attempt to screw the other guy...

I figured some of them would see it that way. And as long as it wins over their support, I can live with it.

I made a public reaction roll. I got Snake Eyes. Basically you're redheaded super petite Jesus in the Concordant right now...
I'll graciously assure Shraplen that nothing is more important to me than the Concordat.

He openly wheaps.

Good... but what about something cunning. If the CCAF isn't looking at us, what about the Maskirova. (I'd say Death Commandos but it'll probably take a little longer for Max to rebuild them after they got wiped out on Laconis.

MIIO and the TMI have taken up a standard of helping eachother out on general "Keeps the First Prince/Protector Safe" grounds.

A Roll would be nice.

And when are you planning your white wedding?

Akeno would very much enjoy having her own personal tank, she's actually a qualified Vedette Commander already. While it puts off her entry into Samantha University, Akeno writes to you during her basic eighteen weeks of boot camp, describing her time and the friends she's making.

I keep up a close contact with her as well.

I take it she's enjoying that unlike in the combine where she was pretty controlled, my standard is pretty much "don't make a complete ass of yourself or humiliate the family and you can do almost anything you want."

Does Jasmine send any messages to me? Because while I have put my grudge to the side (and I admit best decision ever) I still think her husband is a brutal dictator. Jasmine on the other hand, I authentically like.

During her only weekend leave in the last few weeks of training the two of you promptly wreck another mattress within hours. Things get extremely steamy when Madeline joins in.

And as always I do my best to keep them satisfied.

Akeno's service is seen in a very positive light and once she actually gets in a tank you get a letter from her Subaltern suggesting that Akeno apply to the École Militaire.

I discuss it with her. She has potential and the credits between the schools are transferable so she can work on a civilian degree and becoming a master tanker if she likes. I have no problem with her making the best of our university system. I always intend to be a student for example.

Your TDF staff inquire on the following

How do you want militia forces equipped? Combat Vees beyond APC's and missile launchers? Mechs? Strike Fighters? ASF?

Will you subsidize purchases of equipment for the Noble Regiments?

Eventually. It'll be a long program.

"From Technical Readout 3085" said:
the core of taurian defensive strategy is the Citizens'
Militia, units of reserve formations on every world. the
most basic of defenses, these battalions are normally
armed with little more than personal rifles and throwaway
missile launchers, but given national service requirements,
many a taurian adult is a qualified rifleman. though last
in line for use, behind the front-line tDF, the noble fam-
ily regiments and the Concordat Constabulary, the militia
units' customary Zeus heavy rifles are no less deadly to the
Concordat's enemies.

My general plan is to enforce some standardization and generally improve the quality of the Citizens Militia to start. Make sure that they have a set standard of gear granted on loan from the government so if they ever do need to fight they have it ready and waiting.

I'll also put in general refresher courses as while not mandatory, as being encouraged.

As for the noble regiments I will subsidize purchases of equipment and for the Concordat Constabulary I'd like to ask how Urbanmechs would work refitted as security mechs?

Modify them to be genuinely duel use. Stripping a heatsink and replacing the AC with a PPC or Large Laser would keep much of their firepower and give them a good deal of tonnage for civilian usable systems

Given McLeod's Land had an University established on it only eight years ago a number of your planetary lords would grumble if they got a second. Most Lords are viewing Flaum getting the Academy as the wealth being spread around instead of concentrated.

Ah. Alright then. Never mind.

Maybe expand the art school a bit if he gets grumpy.

VMI of course agrees, the grumbling it seems was mostly corporate rivalry. Licenses are made out, and Talos lines are constructed.

I understand. Maybe in 20 years you can buy back the lines and have sole production rights again.

VMI also wants their majority share holder to sign off on their new plan. With access to the tooling data VMI wants to convert their Stinger lines into Phoenix Hawk lines

Do it. Though I want them to sell any stinger tooling that remains. They're still building them. Better to have those molds in use than have them in warehouse.

Along those lines... I'd like to have our people look into the datacore and consider constructing a Stinger LAM plant.

The rise of the Taurian Concordat is actually being viewed a bit of alarm in some quarters, mostly Maximilian Liao's, Michael Haseks and while you don't actually know its a fairly good guess that Comstar is a wee bit upset as well.

Yeah. Along those lines I want TMI to quadruple up on the counter intelligence and want to build an emergency package.

Everybody is assuming that the Concordat found an intact and working SLDF memory core, a great prize indeed, which is why a good number of high born ladies are finding their definitions of "I'm actually fine with this" growing unusually wide.

People need to give us some credit.

We found multiple. :D

Not said publically.

Marcus Kurita is suffering ulcers, Akeno also dutifully reports with barely hidden glee at the suffering of her older half brother upon communication with her elder sister.

"Did I have anything to do with it?

If Janos Marik thought she'd actually obey Kristen Marik would be attending your court as well.

I do send him some messages for the sake of getting to know another lord.

In between the tensions between the FedCom and Captyns Concordat the TC's rise all but promises to make the coming 4th Succession War even worse.

Yeah. Esp since I want a nice cut of Liao Pie. With the rise of the Concordant I could quickly become a sing. Right now the Fedcom is 2 states vs. 3. I get in the picture with my massive and rapid buildup and I'll quickly become a counter balance to the Confederation.

All three manufactures are producing one in four Toro's with the LRM5s swapped out for SRM4s. Some of the engineering work going into the Spad and Mercury has paid off, the swap between the two missile types is now an in-field repair and relatively easy to accomplish.

So, the Toro is our fist mech to mount any form of Omni-tech then? ;)

That'll be ironic. The Clans find themselves fighting Taurian Toro Omnimechs.

By mid 3027 Scarborough's trio of Hover tanks are rolling off assembly lines.

Nice.

Our versions I want refitted with Fuel Cells of course.

Quikcell notes its manufacturing a mobile water filter truck, and by gum that's what they'll deliver!

Its Quikcell, people are just glad the tires are actually the right size and not mismatched.

Alright. Speaking of Quikcell I'd like to hire them for a project.

I'd like to design a heavy tank for mass production in the concordant. A simple robust tank with a single class-10 autocannon and some machine guns for defense with shitloads of armor. Something along the lines of a 60 ton scorpion basically (Read As: The Po).

They're the masters of the cheap tank. We could use their experience. Lets create a cheap tank. Their low cost lines are lacking a bruiser.

Plus they're lacking a bruiser in their budget line and I'm sure our lawyers could come up with something that would make all of us really happy license wise.

When you acquire the Helm Core your scientists make some startling discoveries.

The New Dallas Core provides accurate specs for production of military gear, while the Helm Core would limit Royal equipment's (freezers, FF, LBX etc) construction.

Hardly shocking since the Camerons literally build their rule on hording technology and limiting its spread.

If I had a time machine I'd probably use it to strangle James McKenna in his crib.

Good news is that the terraforming details are easy and straight forward to understand, as is the information on constructing standard Jumpships.

Really the only things its missing are details on WarShips and associated weapons, Black Boxes, and the CASPER Systems.

The Data on older style jump-ships is probably a good starting point for research as well.

The rest we can get from reverse engineering the Vandenburg.

Your idea gets well received and Lord Dunn quickly begins pulling together what would be needed.

Alright but I want to go beyond that. I want to design a core that is build specifically so if found by a primitive civilization it would contain the knowledge to take them to the stars.

I also want a full cultural and educational database built in.

As such, I want them there to be plans for a time capsule model. Needs to be independent powered, extremely redundant, and virtually indestructible.

I want this to be able to be found by cavemen in 10,000 years and give them the information needed to build the tools to build the tools to build the tools to eventually take them to the stars.

When I call it the Legacy Library Memory Core I'm not kidding. If all civilization collapses and humanity falls for the stars, this core will be our legacy and is designed specifically so humanity can use it to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and take to the stars one again.

In essence, I want the Battletech version of the Warhammer 40,000 Standard Template Construct Database.

Uncle Chandy sends back a rather raunchy letter in reply, full of advice and sources to spice ones marital life up.

THIS becomes a long conversation... I'm open minded and have ideas as well.

And I do want to keep his niece well satisfied. ;)

Speaking of which I send Takashi a letter thanking him for his "gift".

Sadly business interests in the Combine keep him busy but if he can every pry himself free from work he'll gladly take you up on your invite.

Very good. I hope to meet him face to face some day.

He also apologizes for the way the distribution of the J/U water filters was handled but he judged it as the most practical manner to ensure the units were constructed properly. Now those failing to meet standards are dishonoring the Kurita's.

Given the DCs rep for quality control is about par with Quikcell or worse.....

I understand completely. He has my thanks.

Female Kurita whose just under age XD

Depends on the planet and laws in question. Thankfully on Taurus it's 16. ;)

Of which you don't have actually proof

I tell TMI what I know and tell them to find proof and for fucks sake do not get caught looking. I'd rather get nothing and have our involvement unknown.
Roll 2d6 for MAC - Seduction

[dice]2355[/dice]

Two at the very end of your supply chains. Besides the TDF isn't well versed in attacking, its much more used to being the defender.

Good.

Now that your agents from Helm have successfully returned, yes you do.

Production is estimated to begin around 3030

YES!

Work begins. Expect New Vandenberg to be able to support 3 months of campaigning by a Corps by mid 3027, and 12 months by August 3028

We need to build up on that. A lot. We need much more much faster.

Hanse is amused and reveals that several members of his household on Argyle had been subverted by Adran Sortek quickly dealt with the issue.

I'm pleased he is safe.

Practically nothing you have interests them. You'd think they were Xenophobic paranoids of the first order, but as a Taurian its merely well placed caution.

Roll however 2d6 labeled "Mercy"

[dice]2357[/dice]

Goddamn it! Please let me re-roll this. Or at least try again once we've improved relations.

Double heat sinks in practical numbers will be rolling out in early 3028

Endo-steel will be onstream at roughly the same time.

Ferro Fiberous however will be out August 3027, thanks to all the work the Concordat has done ahead of time.

Gauss Rifles are September 3027 as is AMS.

Guardian ECM, & Beagle Active Probes are scheduled for 3031

Pulse Lasers aren't a particular priority so late 3029

LB-X 10's and UAC5's will be coming out June 3028

Arrow IV July 3027

ER PPCs will arrive November 3027

Tee Hee Heel....

Hanse suggests As Samik.

Done

Kyalla Centrella it seems is in cahoots with Catherine Humphries, with Emma tentatively engaged to Richard Humphries.

Both women are very happy to discuss plans to carve up the CapCon.

Any suggested dates for the attack?

That depends...

Though I'd like to say if Emma and Richard don't get along I'd be more than willing to discuss things with her and I am interested in meeting the Granddaughter.

Basically I'm hinting I know that Emma hates Ricard and am making something of a counter offer that could benefit them both.

Helm arrives shortly after New Dallas with a decoded copy of that core.

Good.

Roll 2d6 for Illyria
[dice]2356[/dice]

Not good. Bad even. But not super horrible.

Keep looking I guess.

Given the upwards demand for Dropship engines Magna wants to build a second plant on Samantha

Done.

Your staff start looking

Great.

TMI suggests having one the Concordats companies say PPL extend an open offer to build more Badger and Bandits to the Dragoons first.

Good idea. Do it.

I'd also like to cut a deal with Lady Kelly of Victoria. If the Lostech cashe there hasn't been found, I'd like to invite her to Taurus.

I know the Confederation probably has laws about Lostech that amount to "All Things Belong to Max Liao"

I'd like to come to an arrangement that will benefit us both VERY much. Plus our known and standing sexual and emotional relationship are the perfect cover.

Samantha Calderon September 3025

Well it is a chance for Samantha to try out the double pronged devastator on a willing female partner. Ah Canopian sex toys.

They're illegal in 3 out of 4 successor states! :D

Revy gets permission to raid Tortuga.

2d6: Revy's Piratical Fun Time

Which for now is Tortuga's pirates and Lady Death herself.

A yep.

Samantha accepts his praise and notes that she'll be hanging the Brigader of the TDF garrison and its noble ruler if they start ravaging the FedSuns.

"Noted."

3025 is not quite the right time, but Samantha is thinking the FWL border sometime 3027

Arrrgh!

He also notes MIIO has the location of some uncharted plants he'd be willing to trade you that are uncomfortably close to the borders of the Draconis Combine as well as a list of lightly defended targets that may nor may not be high value. ;) ;) ;)

Samantha has the Zarantha Lancers equipped with the two Tramps, new Unions, and a plan to supply them with Wolverines, and Griffins.

Sam's giving them an official name, flag and a role as a mobile medium weight raiding Mech Regiment.

Cluster hasn't been renamed yet. :p

But while they get an official name, they're still basically being called the Black Lagoon Regiment or Revy's Raiders (much to the amusement of Dutch, the actual unit commander who's letting Revy be his facewoman).

Samantha ensures good booze is laid in.

She grabs a bottle without comment all while glaring at you in a way that would probably hit harder than her warhammer.

"A two hundred and forty year HUMINT operation aimed at discovering where the SLDF in Exile ended up kept extremely close to the chest within the Calderon family" Samantha answers calmly as she cracks open a bottle of very good brandy and pours them both a full glass. "Do have a drink Natasha and settle your nerves."

She opens her bottle of fine 75 year old scotch (from scotland!) and starts to drink from the neck. "My nerves are fine."

"Practically speaking the Diamond Shark merchants were chatty with Hanseatic League merchants, who in turn were willing to sell recorded footage to agents," Samantha calmly points out before nibbling on cheese and crackers.

She grimaces and you hear a grumble about idiotic merchants caste stravags. She's watching you closely. "And what other sources do you have."

"Except for a few master files everything got wiped out in the incident that utterly destroyed the rest of my family," Samantha notes dryly. "The details I know are roughly speaking the SLDF turned into the Clans of Kerensky, said Clans are active military forces, possess WarShips, and advanced Star League weaponry."

"Do you really expect me to fill in the details? My job here is simple. What do you intend to do with what you know?"
"Care to fill in any of the blanks?" Samantha inquires dryly

"Why?"

"Oh and did your society manage to get artificial wombs up and running? I should be having a good number of children but have no desires to be pregnant constantly."

She turns red and you can tell this is maybe a little personal. "The Iron Wombs were created to create the ideal warrior, not spare people the bothers of childbirth."

Samantha is very interested in expanding trade, as for keeping an eye on the Confederation she suggests airing concerns with Duncan Marik.

He'll do so immediately. They're actually friends and maybe something of a mentor he was reluctant to come as not to seem as if he's competing with the older man

Samantha sounds him out for any interesting hobbies, and more importantly does he know how to Tango?

Not specifically but he could learn.

Pretty shortly after this.

Alight.

Samantha suggests kindly that Comstar bonded credit is the way to go.

The Celestial Wisdom was hoping to keep the robes out of it.

As for Hollis, well how open would the Chancellor be to Hollis licensing their products?

Very interested if it involved technical assistance to get the Confederation's lines running.

Samantha dryly notes that Richard fell into the more adventuresome crowd, Arnold and Josette Goldstein of Flaum are a bit notorious for their antics but are well versed in birth control. Serious hedonists shudder at unplanned pregnancies, and hopefully Richard learns from their example.

They're sent her personal thanks and TMI reports that they're in regular contact now though the conversations are simply what appears to be a friendship.

Samantha inquires if Lady Kelly would be interested in a three day sailing trip with a great deal of privacy?

Very much so. Like Samantha, Lady Kelly is well known for her indulgences with both genders.

"Oh a good bit of information to know," Samantha answers before subtly leaning into Ivan to get a feel for him. "Now do you move this gracefully off the dance floor?"

"Ballet."

Assuming early model SLDF units Samantha arranges for a Medium weight unit composed mainly of Shadow Hawks, Wolverines, Griffins and Phoenix Hawks to be put together as the 2nd Taurian Lancers who get a Regiment of Merkava's

Another regiment of Heavies gets put together to form the foundation of the Calderon Red Hand Regiment

Done.

Samantha uses all those highly skilled dispossessed Mech warriors to build up the 2 regiments

Two regiments: Regular/Fanatical.

Veteran/Fanatical once they've had time to work together as a unit.

Two regiments of mechs get marked for resupplying units, while the remaining 3 get passed around to the lesser dispossessed in lieu of Wasps and Stingers.

3 Green/Dependable.

In the background Samantha is keeping up a personal training routine to keep fit, fend off attackers, and escape and evade. Also how to dance.

She's given a single dance/martial arts instructor. Woman's an expert in both fields. She's like the Ballet Ninja.

She's keeping up her certification as a Leopard pilot as well.

She's actually given a custom Leopard CV as a gift. It's been converted by removing 3 of the fighter bays, replacing one with a small craft bay, and using the rest of the space to include more armor, weapons, and a general set of quarters for her and aids along with C&C gear.

After her 21st birthday Samantha also has École Militaire and Naval Institute instructors work with her on a masters degree.

I was assuming she's already working on it.

Last edited:
Hm. Understood. He'll need to spend time doing independent investigation.
Unleash the fox.

That... he does have evidence of. Founded on a lie. Very inconvenient.
I won't comment on shady dealings around the foundation of the Federated Suns.

The idea of a hidden world make Ian apocalyptic and Hanse turn red.

They're going to build some specialized spy-sats. Jump a ship well outside the standard jumplimit and set up some drone observation satellites build along the lines of telescopes like the ancient Hubble and point them at the major planets to see what they've got.
I will emphasize that this is really very tenuous.

Maybe a little when you walk.
:D

Sorry. Basically devil is in the details and they're having their own little succession war about the wording. You two probably are going to reject it twice before it's to your liking. They're having trouble getting that this is meant to be an equatable treaty not a covert attempt to screw the other guy...
Well let them get it out of their system and then we can go to work with highlighters to mark the 'no, no, hell no' sections

I made a public reaction roll. I got Snake Eyes. Basically you're redheaded super petite Jesus in the Concordant right now...
...well that's fine for now.

He can have my hankie.

MIIO and the TMI have taken up a standard of helping each other out on general "Keeps the First Prince/Protector Safe" grounds.

A Roll would be nice.
[dice]2358[/dice]

And when are you planning your white wedding?
Hmm. April? Gives time for Ian to go back to New Avalon and patch up any pre-marriage issues to deal with.

We should also figure out some living arrangements - I imagine I'll spend some time on New Avalon, some on Taurus and some on somewhere in the new Taurian March - the Pleiades perhaps.

Unleash the fox.

Hanse seems pretty dedicated to this one. Seems he's as offended as his brother he's just more in control of his emotions.

I won't comment on shady dealings around the foundation of the Federated Suns.

heh

I will emphasize that this is really very tenuous.

The worse case scenario is they just tested out a new observation satellite out in their back yard which they can dump in a most useful system later on... like Sian or Luthien.

Pretty much

Well let them get it out of their system and then we can go to work with highlighters to mark the 'no, no, hell no' sections

It's kind of cute the way you two X out the more "We got one over on them" parts of the treaty together with you cuddling in his lap.

...well that's fine for now.

Seriously, I wish I got rolls like that in my playthrough.
He can have my hankie.

And after I'm sure he can keep your hankie.

They manage to stop a couple minor plots, mostly from petty extremist groups from both sides of your own borders.

Hmm. April? Gives time for Ian to go back to New Avalon and patch up any pre-marriage issues to deal with.

Wonderful!

We should also figure out some living arrangements - I imagine I'll spend some time on New Avalon, some on Taurus and some on somewhere in the new Taurian March - the Pleiades perhaps.

He's thinking a timeshare between New Avalon and Taurus for most of it. Factoring in his commanding of armies and your need to tend to two regions, he's hoping you two will be together at least 6 months a year.

He's a romantic but a realist when it comes to time management.

Hanse seems pretty dedicated to this one. Seems he's as offended as his brother he's just more in control of his emotions.
We'll see how that works out.

The worse case scenario is they just tested out a new observation satellite out in their back yard which they can dump in a most useful system later on... like Sian or Luthien.
Fair point.

It's kind of cute the way you two X out the more "We got one over on them" parts of the treaty together with you cuddling in his lap.
Well activities we can do together will only improve our relationship.

And after I'm sure he can keep your hankie.
Manipulative, you say? Well I guess I'm growing into the role or Protector.

They manage to stop a couple minor plots, mostly from petty extremist groups from both sides of your own borders.
Good work.

But not the first of the month because that would just be tacky.

He's thinking a timeshare between New Avalon and Taurus for most of it. Factoring in his commanding of armies and your need to tend to two regions, he's hoping you two will be together at least 6 months a year.

He's a romantic but a realist when it comes to time management.
That sounds about right. Not to mention that while he can leave the FS in Hanse's hands occasionally I don't have anyone I can entrust the Concordat with except Alexander Fonn.

We'll see how that works out.

Hanse dives into his research.

It's pretty much just an excuse to put money into MIIO.

Well activities we can do together will only improve our relationship.

It's kinda cute in a twisted way.

Manipulative, you say? Well I guess I'm growing into the role or Protector.

Politics! WOW!

Just doing my job, ma'am

But not the first of the month because that would just be tacky.

Hanse thinks it would be funny but Ian agrees.

That sounds about right. Not to mention that while he can leave the FS in Hanse's hands occasionally I don't have anyone I can entrust the Concordat with except Alexander Fonn.

Ian understands that completely and can't imagine what he'd do without his brother's help.

So, onto the happy day? How would you want to plan it?

Hanse thinks it would be funny but Ian agrees.
It would be funny it'd just also be a bad idea.

Ian understands that completely and can't imagine what he'd do without his brother's help.

So, onto the happy day? How would you want to plan it?
Low key, registry office... Kaede sees everyone glaring at her. Just kidding. Cathedral?

Ian will be New Avalon Catholic and Kaede is mildly Deist without being part of an organised church but has to pick a Taurian member of the clergy to balance it out.
Ian wears a dress uniform and Kaede wears the mandatory white dress.
Davion Guards provide the honour guard at the Cathedral, Taurian Guards provide the honour guard for the reception.
Post-reception send half-a-dozen decoys off to fashionable resorts while we actually lair up in the faux-privacy of some Calderon family retreat.

I keep up a close contact with her as well.

I take it she's enjoying that unlike in the combine where she was pretty controlled, my standard is pretty much "don't make a complete ass of yourself or humiliate the family and you can do almost anything you want."

More that even the tabloid press of the TC is less vicious and backbiting than the Coordinators Court. Akeno after all came from a very privileged family, she had to perform of course but that goes with high rank.

Why it seems she's fulfilling her cultural imperatives of defending her household, be given to a very rich and powerful lord, and hasn't been treated like a hostage.

Does Jasmine send any messages to me? Because while I have put my grudge to the side (and I admit best decision ever) I still think her husband is a brutal dictator. Jasmine on the other hand, I authentically like.

Its worse. She's writing your aunt and indirectly passing on comments and thoughts via that route, the ladies are gossiping about you!

I discuss it with her. She has potential and the credits between the schools are transferable so she can work on a civilian degree and becoming a master tanker if she likes. I have no problem with her making the best of our university system. I always intend to be a student for example.

Akeno's quite pleased to gain military rank, why even her eldest half sister Cecilia rose to the rank of Chu-sa in the 6th Pehst Regulars before retiring.

Eventually. It'll be a long program.

My general plan is to enforce some standardization and generally improve the quality of the Citizens Militia to start. Make sure that they have a set standard of gear granted on loan from the government so if they ever do need to fight they have it ready and waiting.

I'll also put in general refresher courses as while not mandatory, as being encouraged.

Improved body armor, kit, etc? All the various cantons across the Concordat usually purchase gear locally according to their budgets, the richest ones are running around with everything but Mechs and ASF while the poorest are just Rifles and other small arms.

A general subsidy can be put into place to get them all to a quality of Heavy Infantry

As for the noble regiments I will subsidize purchases of equipment and for the Concordat Constabulary I'd like to ask how Urbanmechs would work refitted as security mechs?

Modify them to be genuinely duel use. Stripping a heatsink and replacing the AC with a PPC or Large Laser would keep much of their firepower and give them a good deal of tonnage for civilian usable systems

The Constabulary is more than happy to take Urbanmechs and start bouncing ideas of Hat-in-the-Ring.

For Noble Regiments your biggest issue is that a growing TDF is going to soak up the trained man power pool for Mechs and Techs. Would you mind expanding the Flaum School of Artillery to include a Mech and Armor component as well?

However letting Noble Regiments purchase military equipment through the TDF makes both parties happy, and you know where all the Toro's and Talos's are going to end up.

Ah. Alright then. Never mind.

Maybe expand the art school a bit if he gets grumpy.

Grover's always grumpy

I understand. Maybe in 20 years you can buy back the lines and have sole production rights again.

In reality VMI's already starting to look to new designs, because who won't want Star League Royals done "right!"

Do it. Though I want them to sell any stinger tooling that remains. They're still building them. Better to have those molds in use than have them in warehouse.

Along those lines... I'd like to have our people look into the datacore and consider constructing a Stinger LAM plant.

VMI's basically planning on flogging the various bits and pieces to PPL, who plan on putting another Stinger line into production from them.

Yeah. Along those lines I want TMI to quadruple up on the counter intelligence and want to build an emergency package.

It gets done.

Roll 2d6 for Counter Intel

People need to give us some credit.

We found multiple. :D

Not said publically.

Heh

"Did I have anything to do with it?

"Oh yes," Akeno purrs "Lets work on giving him another"

Marcus is an ambitious SOB who may or may not have treated his fathers concubine somewhat poorly, Akeno might be carrying the slightest bit of grudge for his treatment of her mother, and geez Marcus got slapped down by Takashi and lost out on any prestige gained by Akeno joining your household.

I do send him some messages for the sake of getting to know another lord.

The cagey old bastard sends some cheerful replies, along with a new Ambassador to your Court.

Adrianna Marik (his 2nd Cousin), a ravishing 31 year green eyed blonde beauty whose curvy as hell oh and single after her fiance died in Anton's civil war.

Yeah. Esp since I want a nice cut of Liao Pie. With the rise of the Concordant I could quickly become a sing. Right now the Fedcom is 2 states vs. 3. I get in the picture with my massive and rapid buildup and I'll quickly become a counter balance to the Confederation.

By the end of 3026 you'll be a bigger producer of military arms than the CapCon, in over a decade you'll be building up to a respectable force of Mechs (30ish or so regiments)

So, the Toro is our fist mech to mount any form of Omni-tech then? ;)

That'll be ironic. The Clans find themselves fighting Taurian Toro Omnimechs.

They suggest Minotauro for a name

Nice.

Our versions I want refitted with Fuel Cells of course.

Do you want Scarborough to develop the Fuel Cell variant or will the TDF develop a refit kit and do it themselves?

Alright. Speaking of Quikcell I'd like to hire them for a project.

I'd like to design a heavy tank for mass production in the concordant. A simple robust tank with a single class-10 autocannon and some machine guns for defense with shitloads of armor. Something along the lines of a 60 ton scorpion basically (Read As: The Po).

They're the masters of the cheap tank. We could use their experience. Lets create a cheap tank. Their low cost lines are lacking a bruiser.

Plus they're lacking a bruiser in their budget line and I'm sure our lawyers could come up with something that would make all of us really happy license wise.

Roll 2d6 please

Hardly shocking since the Camerons literally build their rule on hording technology and limiting its spread.

If I had a time machine I'd probably use it to strangle James McKenna in his crib.

Heh

The Data on older style jump-ships is probably a good starting point for research as well.

The rest we can get from reverse engineering the Vandenburg.

Roll 2d6 labeled "Compact Core"

Roll 2d6 labeled "Transit Drive"

Also roll 2d6 for "TCN Cache"

Alright but I want to go beyond that. I want to design a core that is build specifically so if found by a primitive civilization it would contain the knowledge to take them to the stars.

I also want a full cultural and educational database built in.

As such, I want them there to be plans for a time capsule model. Needs to be independent powered, extremely redundant, and virtually indestructible.

I want this to be able to be found by cavemen in 10,000 years and give them the information needed to build the tools to build the tools to build the tools to eventually take them to the stars.

When I call it the Legacy Library Memory Core I'm not kidding. If all civilization collapses and humanity falls for the stars, this core will be our legacy and is designed specifically so humanity can use it to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and take to the stars one again.

In essence, I want the Battletech version of the Warhammer 40,000 Standard Template Construct Database.

That's going to take at least a decade worth of work, but in the meantime they'll throw together some more basic versions that are civilian library cores that assume a 3000 AD level of technology.

THIS becomes a long conversation... I'm open minded and have ideas as well.

And I do want to keep his niece well satisfied. ;)

Speaking of which I send Takashi a letter thanking him for his "gift".

Takashi's reply is a very stiff, formal and beautiful haiku

Depends on the planet and laws in question. Thankfully on Taurus it's 16. ;)

Heh. No thats you as the young female Kurita

I tell TMI what I know and tell them to find proof and for fucks sake do not get caught looking. I'd rather get nothing and have our involvement unknown.
They start investigating

The Big Mac is more than happy to start discussing supply issues with the Concordat, especially with a Protector with deep, deep pockets.

Roll another 2d6

We need to build up on that. A lot. We need much more much faster.

If you go faster it will be highly noticeable and more than likely tip the CapCon off to the fact you plan a major campaign in their direction.

[dice]2357[/dice]

Goddamn it! Please let me re-roll this. Or at least try again once we've improved relations.

Its pretty much a response of "Meh", check back later in a year or two.

That depends...

Though I'd like to say if Emma and Richard don't get along I'd be more than willing to discuss things with her and I am interested in meeting the Granddaughter.

Basically I'm hinting I know that Emma hates Ricard and am making something of a counter offer that could benefit them both.

Emma's a stone cold poker player at 17, literally you can't even read the young lady she's so well contained.

Duchess Humphries is of course more than happy to introduce you to her granddaughter

Kyalla Centrella suggests a Mutual Defense Pact under which is an upspoken agreement to jump and shank the CapCon like a prison bitch together.

[dice]2356[/dice]

Not good. Bad even. But not super horrible.

Keep looking I guess.

All the other Lostech prospectors are making it a giant pain

Roll 2d6 for Dragoons

I'd also like to cut a deal with Lady Kelly of Victoria. If the Lostech cashe there hasn't been found, I'd like to invite her to Taurus.

I know the Confederation probably has laws about Lostech that amount to "All Things Belong to Max Liao"

I'd like to come to an arrangement that will benefit us both VERY much. Plus our known and standing sexual and emotional relationship are the perfect cover.

It already has been discovered.

However when she shows up for a formal event, this time in a showy evening gown she's very much interested in hatching a deal with one of the Concordat's mech manufactures.

More that even the tabloid press of the TC is less vicious and backbiting than the Coordinators Court. Akeno after all came from a very privileged family, she had to perform of course but that goes with high rank.

She'd probably make a good press manager eventually.

Why it seems she's fulfilling her cultural imperatives of defending her household, be given to a very rich and powerful lord, and hasn't been treated like a hostage.

Why she's being treated like a perfectly reasonable and honorable human being with honest love, friendship, and affection.

Its worse. She's writing your aunt and indirectly passing on comments and thoughts via that route, the ladies are gossiping about you!

Worse things can happen. I just want TMI to read all letters before they go out and after she's read them. Make sure opsec is kept. People have a way of letting slip in gossip.

Akeno's quite pleased to gain military rank, why even her eldest half sister Cecilia rose to the rank of Chu-sa in the 6th Pehst Regulars before retiring.

Wonderful.

I show her some of the new Fuel Cell tanks and actually have an idea. How would she like to help develop a battletank?

What does she think would make a good tank? We could have a team look into the idea.

Improved body armor, kit, etc? All the various cantons across the Concordat usually purchase gear locally according to their budgets, the richest ones are running around with everything but Mechs and ASF while the poorest are just Rifles and other small arms.

A general subsidy can be put into place to get them all to a quality of Heavy Infantry

That's what I'd like to do, along with some options to basically help keep them in a fighting trim.

The Constabulary is more than happy to take Urbanmechs and start bouncing ideas of Hat-in-the-Ring.

Great. It's a wonderful mech for civil control. Cheap, compact, and not very threatening looking. It'll need some changes to its kit though to make it so it has some valid civilian side uses.

For Noble Regiments your biggest issue is that a growing TDF is going to soak up the trained man power pool for Mechs and Techs. Would you mind expanding the Flaum School of Artillery to include a Mech and Armor component as well?

I'd rather build another dedicated mechanized warfare school and hell... lets see about some infantry academies as well.

However letting Noble Regiments purchase military equipment through the TDF makes both parties happy, and you know where all the Toro's and Talos's are going to end up.

Yeah. both the noble regiments and the TDF. :p

And I do want a Toro just because the protector must own at least a Toro. And of course Black Bessie is restored to her rightful place with fanfare. Though I do float the idea of her rather than being an over glorified statue, being a piloted honor guard unit.

Grover's always grumpy

He gets some funding for expanding the fine arts education.

In reality VMI's already starting to look to new designs, because who won't want Star League Royals done "right!"

Heh. Very good.

VMI's basically planning on flogging the various bits and pieces to PPL, who plan on putting another Stinger line into production from them.

Nice. Would PPL be interested in playing with LAMs?

Roll 2d6 for Counter Intel

Alright.

"Oh yes," Akeno purrs "Lets work on giving him another"

"Like what?" I ask her. "Maybe leak some images of us soaking in a hot spring? Nothing naughty but enough to remind him of how close we are?"

Marcus is an ambitious SOB who may or may not have treated his fathers concubine somewhat poorly, Akeno might be carrying the slightest bit of grudge for his treatment of her mother, and geez Marcus got slapped down by Takashi and lost out on any prestige gained by Akeno joining your household.

Is she alive? Because if she is and Akeno's father isn't, then I officially invite her to join us in the Concordant as an honored guest. Akeno would very much desire the presence of her mother and I loathe to deny her anything reasonable.

The cagey old bastard sends some cheerful replies, along with a new Ambassador to your Court.

Adrianna Marik (his 2nd Cousin), a ravishing 31 year green eyed blonde beauty whose curvy as hell oh and single after her fiance died in Anton's civil war.

How very milfy. :p

By the end of 3026 you'll be a bigger producer of military arms than the CapCon, in over a decade you'll be building up to a respectable force of Mechs (30ish or so regiments)

And if everything goes to plan by 3050 I'll be ready to be the brick wall the clans crash into.

They suggest Minotauro for a name

I like to save the name Minotaur for our first domestically produced 100 ton assault mech.

Do you want Scarborough to develop the Fuel Cell variant or will the TDF develop a refit kit and do it themselves?

Roll 2d6 please

TDF will. I don't want the Fuel Cell tech to spread very fast without people sitting down and talking to me directly.

Roll 2d6 labeled "Compact Core"

Roll 2d6 labeled "Transit Drive"

Also roll 2d6 for "TCN Cache"

That's going to take at least a decade worth of work, but in the meantime they'll throw together some more basic versions that are civilian library cores that assume a 3000 AD level of technology.

I'm not going to be releasing it for a while. Want to get the most out of the cores first.

Takashi's reply is a very stiff, formal and beautiful haiku

I enlist help in writing a reply.

Heh. No thats you as the young female Kurita

ah

They start investigating

Good good. I need something to pass to hanse.

The Big Mac is more than happy to start discussing supply issues with the Concordat, especially with a Protector with deep, deep pockets.

Roll another 2d6

Seriously, we have a PLANET we can throw at this fucker? 5 damned regiments. FIVE.

If you go faster it will be highly noticeable and more than likely tip the CapCon off to the fact you plan a major campaign in their direction.

Problem is getting to the point I can plan a major campaign in their direction by 3028.

Its pretty much a response of "Meh", check back later in a year or two.

Alright.

Emma's a stone cold poker player at 17, literally you can't even read the young lady she's so well contained.

I'd like to spend some time getting to know her. I'm open, honest, and friendly.

Duchess Humphries is of course more than happy to introduce you to her granddaughter

Again, open honest and friendly.

Kyalla Centrella suggests a Mutual Defense Pact under which is an upspoken agreement to jump and shank the CapCon like a prison bitch together.

Need to work on this, but the CapCom shanking is part of it. We can work out some of the details now and solidify it later.

Though I do know one thing. Kyalla has no intention to ever honor anything with the defense pact.
All the other Lostech prospectors are making it a giant pain

Well, I'd rather they keep the others from finding it than find it themselves if it comes to that.

Roll 2d6 for Dragoons

It already has been discovered.

However when she shows up for a formal event, this time in a showy evening gown she's very much interested in hatching a deal with one of the Concordat's mech manufactures.

As I basically own TMI I'd be happy to cut a deal.

I'm sure we have some very long discussions on the subject in my personal quarters :p
[dice]2387[/dice]
[dice]2388[/dice]
[dice]2389[/dice]
[dice]2390[/dice]
[dice]2391[/dice]
[dice]2392[/dice]
[dice]2393[/dice]

Fuck my life. Seriously, that is the most mindbogglingly meh and utterly unexceptional set of rolls I've ever fucking seen! Talk about riding the goddamned average.

It would be funny it'd just also be a bad idea.

Hanse also has a hyperactive sense of Drama.

Low key, registry office... Kaede sees everyone glaring at her. Just kidding. Cathedral?

Of course. It's always going to be a bit of a show.

Ian will be New Avalon Catholic and Kaede is mildly Deist without being part of an organised church but has to pick a Taurian member of the clergy to balance it out.

A yep. Though it actually sounds like you're going to be holding two defacto weddings.

On Taurus you're married and you announce the formation of the Taurian March and the Duchy of the Pleiades and the alliance is officially signed.

On New Avalon you're officially sworn in as the Duchess of the Pleiades, crowned as the Princess-Consort, and the vows are reaffirmed. And in secret those who are not yet in the know but really should know are briefed on what YOUR wedding present to Ian is.

Then it's off to the Pleiades for the both of you to greet your new subjects and then to the honeymoon.

Projected time, with command circuit? Two months. They're renting a Princess from the MoC... to help make it a flying honeymoon. They also plan to go over the ship with a fine toothed comb before and after to make sure there's nothing foolish hidden inside. Both TMI and MIIO. And MI6 for that matter.

At least this is the plan.

Ian wears a dress uniform and Kaede wears the mandatory white dress.

Very mandatory and very white with a train that goes around the block.. It cost as much as a light mech.

Davion Guards provide the honour guard at the Cathedral, Taurian Guards provide the honour guard for the reception.

For both they decide on a mixed guard. The Taurian Guard on the bride's side. The Davion Guard on the Grooms. It's an impressive sight as both pulled out a company of assault mechs each to form a line guarding the path to the Cathedral.

You've got a pair of Overlords along for the ride with the princess, one Davion Heavy Guards, the other Taurian Guards.

Post-reception send half-a-dozen decoys off to fashionable resorts while we actually lair up in the faux-privacy of some Calderon family retreat.

That'll be for a week before the first exchange. Basically while they strip down the princess looking for bugs.

Of course. It's always going to be a bit of a show.
Much as Kaede cringes at the though.

A yep. Though it actually sounds like you're going to be holding two defacto weddings.

On Taurus you're married and you announce the formation of the Taurian March and the Duchy of the Pleiades and the alliance is officially signed.

On New Avalon you're officially sworn in as the Duchess of the Pleiades, crowned as the Princess-Consort, and the vows are reaffirmed. And in secret those who are not yet in the know but really should know are briefed on what YOUR wedding present to Ian is.

Then it's off to the Pleiades for the both of you to greet your new subjects and then to the honeymoon.

Projected time, with command circuit? Two months. They're renting a Princess from the MoC... to help make it a flying honeymoon. They also plan to go over the ship with a fine toothed comb before and after to make sure there's nothing foolish hidden inside. Both TMI and MIIO. And MI6 for that matter.

At least this is the plan.
Sounds like a promising plan. I'm okay with that.

Very mandatory and very white with a train that goes around the block.. It cost as much as a light mech.
Kaede will be white as the dress when she sees the bill for the dress (and the back-up dresses and trains because accidents happen.)

For both they decide on a mixed guard. The Taurian Guard on the bride's side. The Davion Guard on the Grooms. It's an impressive sight as both pulled out a company of assault mechs each to form a line guarding the path to the Cathedral.

You've got a pair of Overlords along for the ride with the princess, one Davion Heavy Guards, the other Taurian Guards.
Not sure how much use the 'Mechs will be if things go badly en route but at the stops, very much a requirement. Plust good infantry. Couple of battalions at least. First Davion Guards will probably handle the FedSuns side of that given their charge of defending the royal family.

That'll be for a week before the first exchange. Basically while they strip down the princess looking for bugs.
Okay, that's a good idea. Probably closest we'll have to a real vacation since the one on the Pleiades will have to involve a lot of actual work - public appearances and meeting the nobs of the new March.

Much as Kaede cringes at the though.

The reigning monarchs of two realms, the most populace and arguably most powerful of the Successor States and the largest and most industrially powerful Periphery state are marrying.

Just be glad that Ian nixed Hanse's suggestion to hold it on Terra and invite EVERYONE.

Though shockingly enough Katrina Steiner has voiced interest in visiting the second reception on New Avalon personally and has sent you two a letter congratulating you on your up-comming union that is downright GUSHING in it's encouragement about letting go of old hatreds in the name of peace and cooperation.

Sounds like a promising plan. I'm okay with that.

Alright. Anything you want to do before step one?

Kaede will be white as the dress when she sees the bill for the dress (and the back-up dresses and trains because accidents happen.)

Yeah. The thing is this unholy mass of sheer silk with a thread count in the 5 digits, crushed velvet (also silk), and perfect pearls with all hand stitching and probably at least 30 meters of hand made lace... with a train that is about least 5 meters long.

Then there's the corset that makes liberal use of DIAMOND ENCRUSTED PLATINUM for both support and decor.

Frankly the dress would make the Disney princesses glare at you and say "showy bitch". :p

Not sure how much use the 'Mechs will be if things go badly en route but at the stops, very much a requirement. Plust good infantry. Couple of battalions at least. First Davion Guards will probably handle the FedSuns side of that given their charge of defending the royal family.

The mechs are the visible honor guards. And both Taurian Guards a First Davion guards are along. They actually work together rather well and the seem to appreciate having the cooperation in protecting their primaries. A different POV with the same aim is always useful.

Okay, that's a good idea. Probably closest we'll have to a real vacation since the one on the Pleiades will have to involve a lot of actual work - public appearances and meeting the nobs of the new March.
There's a reason they wanted to move you in a princess. The trips from planet to planet are probably going to be the highlight of your relaxation so they basically rented the most expensive and luxurious transport dropships in existence for you.

The reigning monarchs of two realms, the most populace and arguably most powerful of the Successor States and the largest and most industrially powerful Periphery state are marrying.

Just be glad that Ian nixed Hanse's suggestion to hold it on Terra and invite EVERYONE.
Tell Hanse we'll keep that in reserve for his wedding if he likes. But until Ian and I have heirs, venturing onto Terra is in the _no_ chance list.

Though shockingly enough Katrina Steiner has voiced interest in visiting the second reception on New Avalon personally and has sent you two a letter congratulating you on your up-comming union that is downright GUSHING in it's encouragement about letting go of old hatreds in the name of peace and cooperation.
Well it's up to Ian, New Avalon being his capital, but I have no objection at all to sending an invitation to Katrina.

Alright. Anything you want to do before step one?
Just the usual precautions required for prudence' sake since I'll be away a couple of months.

Yeah. The thing is this unholy mass of sheer silk with a thread count in the 5 digits, crushed velvet (also silk), and perfect pearls with all hand stitching and probably at least 30 meters of hand made lace... with a train that is about least 5 meters long.

Then there's the corset that makes liberal use of DIAMOND ENCRUSTED PLATINUM for both support and decor.

Frankly the dress would make the Disney princesses glare at you and say "showy bitch". :p
Kaede gives new thought to eloping to Vegas. Her grandparents will see her wearing this!

The mechs are the visible honor guards. And both Taurian Guards a First Davion guards are along. They actually work together rather well and the seem to appreciate having the cooperation in protecting their primaries. A different POV with the same aim is always useful.
Good, good.

There's a reason they wanted to move you in a princess. The trips from planet to planet are probably going to be the highlight of your relaxation so they basically rented the most expensive and luxurious transport dropships in existence for you.
Probably a good idea. If nothing else, Kaede will be trying very hard to be pregnant by the end of the honeymoon.

Tell Hanse we'll keep that in reserve for his wedding if he likes. But until Ian and I have heirs, venturing onto Terra is in the _no_ chance list.

No sense of Drama you two.

Well it's up to Ian, New Avalon being his capital, but I have no objection at all to sending an invitation to Katrina.

Ian sees no problem and Hanse is salivating at the chance to discuss politics.

Just the usual precautions required for prudence' sake since I'll be away a couple of months.

Alright.

Kaede gives new thought to eloping to Vegas. Her grandparents will see her wearing this!

They're already in the capitol. They moved with her and have been a beacon of support.

One thing... your mother. Do you want to invite her.

She hasn't sought anything from you until now. Her daughter has been the riches woman alive and she hasn't desired to do anything to take advantage since she basically gave her the protector ship. TMI knows her location... basically working a dead end job on Borgan's Rift and drinking herself into an early grave.

Roll 2d6 BTW.

Probably a good idea. If nothing else, Kaede will be trying very hard to be pregnant by the end of the honeymoon.

Aye.

No sense of Drama you two.
Drama belongs on the holovid... Hanse... are you... are you a soap opera fan? Is this what this is about?

Ian sees no problem and Hanse is salivating at the chance to discuss politics.
Write her an invitation.

Are the Kell Hounds in FedSuns employ? In canon they signed on with the Federated Suns in December 3012 and arrived on Mara in February 3013, followed by the Marlowe's World battle around the end of the year. If Ian is employing them then inviting Morgan and Patrick Kell - who are old friends of Katrina - might be a good move politically. Plus I suspect the Kell brothers and the Davion brothers will get along like a house on fire.

They're already in the capitol. They moved with her and have been a beacon of support.

One thing... your mother. Do you want to invite her.

She hasn't sought anything from you until now. Her daughter has been the riches woman alive and she hasn't desired to do anything to take advantage since she basically gave her the protector ship. TMI knows her location... basically working a dead end job on Borgan's Rift and drinking herself into an early grave.
I'm sure there's a discreet secret service detachment operating around her just in case.
Kaede, not having forgiven her mother for running off or for dropping the Protectorship on her head, doesn't intend to invite her. Partly anger and partly not wanting to wind up venting that anger on her wedding day.

[dice]2398[/dice]

Drama belongs on the holovid... Hanse... are you... are you a soap opera fan? Is this what this is about?

"Absolutely not..."

Write her an invitation.

Are the Kell Hounds in FedSuns employ? In canon they signed on with the Federated Suns in December 3012 and arrived on Mara in February 3013, followed by the Marlowe's World battle around the end of the year. If Ian is employing them then inviting Morgan and Patrick Kell - who are old friends of Katrina - might be a good move politically. Plus I suspect the Kell brothers and the Davion brothers will get along like a house on fire.

Yes. Yes they are.

And Hanse approves of the idea and arranges for them to be added to the list.

Ian lets hanse have free reign on such things.

I'm sure there's a discreet secret service detachment operating around her just in case.
Kaede, not having forgiven her mother for running off or for dropping the Protectorship on her head, doesn't intend to invite her. Partly anger and partly not wanting to wind up venting that anger on her wedding day.

[dice]2398[/dice]

Actually, it's recently been discovered that there's been a discrete secret service detachment following her around for the past 25 years...

Most of the related information was probably lost with the rest of your family but someone was watching very closely.

Kaede doesn't believe him but she'll let it drop.

Yes. Yes they are.

And Hanse approves of the idea and arranges for them to be added to the list.

Ian lets hanse have free reign on such things.
A whole lot of things.

Actually, it's recently been discovered that there's been a discrete secret service detachment following her around for the past 25 years...

Most of the related information was probably lost with the rest of your family but someone was watching very closely.
Presumably including why they were watching her.

So the dreaded (first) wedding day...

Hrm ... well, this is a blast from the past. I didn't take part last time on account of my BT lore knowledge being ... well, it's pretty bad. But I'm bored now.

So ... let's see ...

Morgan's a nice unisex name ... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822391/

A six two beanpole with blue eyes and brown hair who's 19 and actually been Trained For This Shit on account of being the legitimate heir ... and it's 3031 which ... means approximately squat to me as I'm bad at remembering dates in the real world, nevermind those of a fictional setting I've not bothered to read the books on.

... welp ...

Morgan was always a quiet child, which was a mixed blessing as he was good at being seen and not heard on one hand, but didn't exactly wow people with taking the initiative. But that was fine with him. He much preferred being in the background, looking in, and seeing what others missed. The fact that he wasn't an adventurous thrill seeker and was perhaps the most security conscious of the Calderon line in his time meant minding him was seen as a cake assignment. Even after he entered schooling he preferred the more logistics and intelligence analysis centered courses. While Battlemech training was mandatory, seeing as it was an military academy and all, he's always seen them as a bit silly and overly emphasized, preferring to approach exercises fielded with a combined arms approach instead. Prior to December, he'd been fully expecting to make a career out of being a staff officer for a while and segue into MI, spend some years there, and then go into business ... that's ... not really an option anymore tho ...

You could just ask her. See if she knew.
Odds are pretty good it was because of Kaede. And Kaede figures her mother is no more likely to tell her now than she was previously if it was someone else. Let's face it - she's not going to have trouble sending a letter to Kaede if she wants to.

[dice]2403[/dice]

I shudder to think what could go wrong here. Max Liao gatecrashing?

2d6: Revy's Piratical Fun Time

[dice]2402[/dice]

Arrrgh!

He also notes MIIO has the location of some uncharted plants he'd be willing to trade you that are uncomfortably close to the borders of the Draconis Combine as well as a list of lightly defended targets that may nor may not be high value. ;) ;) ;)

I assume you meant CapCon given the DC is a very long away from the TC

Samantha makes vague noises that she's not so much for poking with small company sized raids preferring something small sharp and personal or a very big hammer indeed.

She's working on building up that hammer.

Cluster hasn't been renamed yet. :p

But while they get an official name, they're still basically being called the Black Lagoon Regiment or Revy's Raiders (much to the amusement of Dutch, the actual unit commander who's letting Revy be his facewoman).

Official paperwork, what everyone calls them anyway.

In any case Dutch gets a nice present from Samantha for keeping Revy under nominal control.

She grabs a bottle without comment all while glaring at you in a way that would probably hit harder than her warhammer.

She opens her bottle of fine 75 year old scotch (from scotland!) and starts to drink from the neck. "My nerves are fine."

Oh Natasha what a waste of fine scotch, you don't guzzle it you savor it.

Samantha politely nods along and doesn't bother offering glass.

She grimaces and you hear a grumble about idiotic merchants caste stravags. She's watching you closely. "And what other sources do you have."

"I'm sure your Dragoons have heard about the Minnesota Tribe who raided the Draconis Combine in 2825. You were after all speculated to be descended from them. We had a copy of a copy of a redacted Comstar report on the encounter, more specifically on the mech and pilot of a dead member of the tribe.

In summary said pilot was using a pristine Royal Lancelot, was equipped with a proper SLDF cooling suit which bore a Division logo from a unit that followed General Kerensky on the Exodus. What unit exactly was redacted."

Samantha pauses for a moment as if contemplating a distant horizon. Taking a long slug of brandy Samantha finally shudders and states "Frankly the last bit is completely fucking implausible and crazy that I'd commit any one who suggested it."

"Do you really expect me to fill in the details? My job here is simple. What do you intend to do with what you know?"

"Ah getting down to the brass tacks," Samantha notes "Right I've got a few things in mind."

Taking a pull on her brandy Samantha gives Natasha an open honest eye to eye look. "I've got absolutely no interest in even attempting blackmail. Wolfs Dragoon's origins will remain hidden, I've got no interest in spreading them around the Inner Sphere."

"Speaking of would the Dragoons be at all interested in being my middleman? I'm willing to spend outrageous amounts of money and do downright filthy deviant acts if it means I can flat out buy all the factory tooling, specs and assorted goods needed to build new jump-ships."

"In all honestly I would be very interested in hiring the Dragoons once your current contract with the Combine is up."

"Apart from a very generous cash offer for said information," Samantha shrugs and answers "If the SLDF in exile is planning on returning in an attempt to reform the Star League."

Growing dead serious Samantha continues on "I have no intention of fighting the Re-unification Part Deux ill prepared, under armored, and on Taurian soil. "

"On the other hand if they are content to rule their are of the Deep Periphery all the power to them, I wish them well and hope for the possibility of mutually profitable trade."

She turns red and you can tell this is maybe a little personal. "The Iron Wombs were created to create the ideal warrior, not spare people the bothers of childbirth."

"......" Samantha stares at Natasha utterly speechless. "I..... wha..... Did a man come up with that?"

After several long moments Samantha finally composes herself "Yes artificial wombs could be used for an eugenics program, and if that's your cultural imperative well its not my place to comment. However I can consider dozens of valid medical reasons to actually use an artificial womb over natural birth, and several dozen security and political ones as well."

"Speaking of I'd be more than willing to buy a license for the design and technical specs for Iron Wombs from the Dragoons for a Billion C-bills."

Then Samantha turns with concern to Natasha "If the demands of your career, or the hazards of Mechwarriors life keep you from carrying to term I'd encourage you to take advantage of the technology. I'm still young but I do want children myself, denying yourself that....."

He'll do so immediately. They're actually friends and maybe something of a mentor he was reluctant to come as not to seem as if he's competing with the older man

Samantha subtly tries to ear worm him that her romantic interest in men is a) closer to her own age b) not in the full on Ruler to Ruler or Heir to Ruler dynastic marriage that could join realms.

Not specifically but he could learn.

Heh, well Samantha is more than happy to waltz with him as well. Or does he two-step?

The Celestial Wisdom was hoping to keep the robes out of it.

Samantha is of course willing to make exceptions but its going to be at Comstar rates +4%

Very interested if it involved technical assistance to get the Confederation's lines running.

Samantha's willing to consider said assistance but will require time to fully study the issues involved. She's interested but not quite willing to commit

They're sent her personal thanks and TMI reports that they're in regular contact now though the conversations are simply what appears to be a friendship.

You mean they didn't make Richard Humpries the gimp of the week? Pfff lame

Very much so. Like Samantha, Lady Kelly is well known for her indulgences with both genders.

Heh, well Samantha does her best to ensure Lady Kelly leaves with a smile and very fond personal memories of the Concordat.

"Impressive," Samantha answers impressed. "I've heard male ballet dancers were outstanding performers both on and off the stage. Perhaps you can demonstrate after the balls over?"

Two regiments: Regular/Fanatical.

Veteran/Fanatical once they've had time to work together as a unit.

Samantha ensures the 2nd Taurian Lancers and the Calderon Red Hand get plenty of funds to train with. They're going to be seeing war soonish.

Not that it means much given they are literally lances spread across the colonized regions. Still Samantha ensures her words were kept to the various small fry and former dispossessed guarding the new colonies.

They get formed up as the Colonial Marshall Brigrade and a Marshall and staff is assigned to keep track of them all and ensure parts and support flow properly.

She's given a single dance/martial arts instructor. Woman's an expert in both fields. She's like the Ballet Ninja.

Ms Glau may push some of Samantha's buttons but she's got enough will power to resist when her instructor is teaching her things that may well save her life one day.

She's actually given a custom Leopard CV as a gift. It's been converted by removing 3 of the fighter bays, replacing one with a small craft bay, and using the rest of the space to include more armor, weapons, and a general set of quarters for her and aids along with C&C gear.

Oooh nice.

Also given 3026: Samantha places an order for an Achilles Dropship with Galileo Instruments in the DC.

She has the ASF bays stripped and the SI re-enforced along with a bit of up armoring done alongside a 1st Class Cabin installed.

Its to be painted cherry red with white racing stripes.

Code:
AeroTech 2 Vessel Technical Readout
VALIDATED
Class/Model/Name: Achilles (Obsolete Version)
Tech: Inner Sphere / 2582
Vessel Type: Aerodyne DropShip
Rules: Level 1, Standard design
Rules Set: AeroTech2
Mass: 4,500 tons
Length: 125 meters
Power Plant: Standard
Safe Thrust: 8
Maximum Thrust: 12
Armor Type: Standard
Armament:
6 PPC
6 LRM 20
4 Large Laser
12 Medium Laser
3 Autocannon/20
4 Autocannon/5
2 Autocannon/10
1 LRM 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class/Model/Name: Achilles (Obsolete Version)
Mass: 4,500 tons
Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 2,340.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 8
Maximum Thrust: 12
Structural Integrity: 26 585.00
Total Heat Sinks: 124 Single 7.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 306.00
Bridge, Controls, Radar, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 34.00
Fire Control Computers: .00
Food & Water: (46 days supply) 16.00
Armor Type: Standard (1,976 total armor pts) 117.00
Standard Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 659
Left/Right Wings: 494/494
Aft: 329
Cargo:
Bay 1: Small Craft (2) with 2 doors 400.00
Bay 3: Cargo (1) with 1 door 104.50
Infantry (foot) Platoons (1) 5.00
Life Boats: 1 (7 tons each) 7.00
Escape Pods: 4 (7 tons each) 28.00
Crew and Passengers:
5 Officers (5 minimum) 50.00
18 Crew (0 minimum) 126.00
7 Gunners (7 minimum) 49.00
1 1st Class Passengers 10.00
38 Bay Personnel .00
Weapons and Equipment Loc SRV MRV LRV ERV Heat Mass
2 PPC Nose 2(20) 2(20) -- -- 20 14.00
2 LRM 20(24 rounds) Nose 2(24) 2(24) 2(24) -- 12 24.00
2 Large Laser Nose 3(26) 2(16) -- -- 16 10.00
2 Medium Laser 6 2.00
1 PPC L/RW 1(10) 1(10) -- -- 20 14.00
1 Autocannon/20(15 rounds) L/RW 3(30) 1(10) -- -- 14 34.00
2 Autocannon/5(40 rounds) 4 36.00
2 LRM 20(36 rounds) L/RW 2(24) 2(24) 2(24) -- 24 52.00
2 Medium Laser L/RW 1(10) -- -- -- 12 4.00
1 PPC L/RW(A) 1(10) 1(10) -- -- 20 14.00
1 Autocannon/10(20 rounds) L/RW(A) 1(10) 1(10) -- -- 6 28.00
1 Large Laser L/RW(A) 2(18) 1(8) -- -- 16 10.00
2 Medium Laser 12 4.00
1 Autocannon/20(10 rounds) Aft 2(20) -- -- -- 7 16.00
1 LRM 10(12 rounds) Aft 1(6) 1(6) 1(6) -- 4 6.00
2 Medium Laser Aft 1(10) -- -- -- 6 2.00
1 Lot Spare Parts (1.01%) 45.50
TOTALS: Heat: 199 4,500.00
Tons Left: .00
Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 500,047,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 8,720
Cost per BV: 57,344.86
Weapon Value: 13,376 (Ratio = 1.53)
Damage Factors: SRV = 188; MRV = 95; LRV = 14; ERV = 0
Maintenance: Maintenance Point Value (MPV) = 90,305
(59,358 Structure, 26,850 Life Support, 4,097 Weapons)
Support Points (SP) = 34,325 (38% of MPV)
BattleForce2: MP: 8, Armor/Structure: 33 / 33
Damage PB/M/L: 22/15/7, Overheat: 0
Class: DM; Point Value: 87
Specials: if

Users who are viewing this thread

Back