• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

How about once you're done?

Oh look there's Port Kirin to render completely safe!

Fuck it lets take this to invisible castle. I'm fucking sick of thes crappy dice roller where I haen't seen a roll under 7 in over a dozen fucking rolls

2d6=2

Well shit!

Yeah. You just got another message from Revy saying that she has a new planet and isn't sure where she's going to keep it. You got any ideas?

Yeah. That pack of psychotic loons using the enforcements you gave them just conquered the Tortuga Dominions.

Lovely how many Jumpships did they manage to liberate in the process?

Next target will be Port Kirin

Dutch gets rewarded Tortuga as his personal fief along with a polite caveat that Tortuga is really to far away from the Concordat to effectively retain control of in the long run. I might be trading worlds but with the

Hanse Davion promptly gets messaged: along with certified evidence of Lady Death being removed from the mortal coil a head short.

"I'm willing to trade the Tortuga Dominions for Bromhead, Midale, Brockway, and Hyalite.

Planetary gov'ts won't be changed, titles of nobility respected etc."

"Thank you."

Natasha shakes her head.

"Highly dependent. Different bloodlines entirely."

Alright.

I rolled at invisible castle but same number so no difference.

2d6=7

Yeah. It's a grind. The Guards are good, but the Widows have seen a whole lot of action and Natasha is a monster

A learning experience for all.

Then I remark to the Guards about they'd like to face Natasha equipped with superior tech to the Star League just like I had them emulate in a surprise attack against Morgan and Duncan months back.

Once Natasha has fun Samantha will provide her with a new series of one time pads for secure communication.

Then once the Dragoons leave Samantha immediately pumps funding into a new scientific endeavor

Creating Artificial Wombs!

He has no idea what do you with two-stepping.

He had mentioned that he was skilled dancing it earlier? Plus country bars always play a few slow dances.

[dice]2874[/dice]

[dice]2875[/dice]

Hmmm this might give ideas to the wrong people.

Judged impossible without 5 years and a fleet of warships to scower the belt.

How about leaving the Belters alone and killing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Rocks from the Sun?

Bristles a bit but is willing to pay attention.

"Ivan honey we're in our twenties, we can make up for a lot with youthful enthusiasm but its the eighty year olds who've got us beat hands down on technique. Lady Malvina might but hitting 75 but I kid you not she can do the whole ball up the hose trick."

This.... is the first not completely shit roll I've seen in a while.

Yeah. They'll be able to reenforce it but it'll take time to figure it out. Call back in a year or so.

Samantha is more than willing to wait. She'll simply have to entertain herself with the DC ambassador Yuri Kurita in the meantime.

No response. And Sian is clenched tighter than a virgin sphincter in a sex offenders ward so little news is going in and out.

What you do know is there's some pretty large troop movements inside the confederation.

TDF units get put on an alert status as New Vandenberg gets its supplies bulked up to support 3 Corps worth of troops over a year of fighting. Samantha also starts shifting TDF units to bulk up the CapCon border

Oh look there's Port Kirin to render completely safe!

Antallos is a bit out of the way sadly...

Lovely how many Jumpships did they manage to liberate in the process?

2d6

Next target will be Port Kirin

Honestly, not accessible.

Dutch gets rewarded Tortuga as his personal fief along with a polite caveat that Tortuga is really to far away from the Concordat to effectively retain control of in the long run. I might be trading worlds but with the

He'd rather stay with his unit, and is more than willing to be... well... how about the Defender of the Tortuga Reach of the Taurian Concordant?

Hey, hey? Just an idea...

Just an idea.

Hanse Davion promptly gets messaged: along with certified evidence of Lady Death being removed from the mortal coil a head short.

It's literally a head shot. PPC blew her mechs head right off. They found genetic trace evidence but not much else. Though it did smell like fried electronics and burned meat...

"I'm willing to trade the Tortuga Dominions for Bromhead, Midale, Brockway, and Hyalite.

He'll need to consult his advisers.

Planetary gov'ts won't be changed, titles of nobility respected etc."

Sounds attractive...

A learning experience for all.

Then I remark to the Guards about they'd like to face Natasha equipped with superior tech to the Star League just like I had them emulate in a surprise attack against Morgan and Duncan months back.

They go white. And a little green.

Natasha wants to see these sim records.

Once Natasha has fun Samantha will provide her with a new series of one time pads for secure communication.

Very good.

Then once the Dragoons leave Samantha immediately pumps funding into a new scientific endeavor

Creating Artificial Wombs!

2d6

He had mentioned that he was skilled dancing it earlier? Plus country bars always play a few slow dances.

He's not much of a country person. More of a classical dance, tango, and shockingly enough, break dancing guy...

Though according to records he's also satan himself in a mosh pit, responsible for at least 30 serious injuries from being too hard core... :p

They draw up a series of deep strike plans. Though they all hinge on taking out the MAC which is seen as the weak point of all of them...

[dice]2875[/dice]

Hmmm this might give ideas to the wrong people.

These plans have been on the books for generations and have been refined over centuries... frankly they almost make it look possible esp when your industrial developments and enlarged TDF are taken into account.

How about leaving the Belters alone and killing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Rocks from the Sun?

Kinetic Impactors acceptable?

If so, it would only take a run of specialized dropships. Large cargo models jumped in about half a light year with computer control systems and every spare ounce of space taken up by either impact mass or fuel.

"Ivan honey we're in our twenties, we can make up for a lot with youthful enthusiasm but its the eighty year olds who've got us beat hands down on technique. Lady Malvina might but hitting 75 but I kid you not she can do the whole ball up the hose trick."

His eyes blink at that. "Well, I'm willing to learn just... being told you're not that great is kind of a let down."

Samantha is more than willing to wait. She'll simply have to entertain herself with the DC ambassador Yuri Kurita in the meantime.

Meaningful name... and she'd like to discuss a possible mutual defense pact maybe against common foes?

TDF units get put on an alert status as New Vandenberg gets its supplies bulked up to support 3 Corps worth of troops over a year of fighting. Samantha also starts shifting TDF units to bulk up the CapCon border

Three weeks later the Big Mac... or rather what's left of it jumps into the system.

They're down to what seems to be 2-3 regiments, all of their dropships are damaged, some of them have signs of radiation damage, and they're in a mixture of their own and damaged Capallan Dropships.

Archie McCarron would very much like to... take advantage of your generous contract offers. And would like to meet with you in person.

You also have a call from Masako. She too would like to speak to you.

Last edited:
Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013
Suspicious coincidences that would have been missed had he not know what to look for, but no actual evidence.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Unfortunately ROM are very good and getting into a spy war with them could undermine efforts elsewhere. Slow and subtle is the way to go here I think.

They'll do some test designs... but remember, you do have access to all the Royal fighter designs
I don't think there's a Royal Stingray though... Oh... Is there data on the Deathstalker? Because that's a really quite decent ground-support platform and with advanced technology it might actually be a bit more agile.

Yep.

Seems she's kinda freaky in bed from the sound of things.
Well as long as Hanse is happy.

Well, this one is extremely vapid and you spend 30 minutes talking about absolutely nothing.

Seriously, you're left wondering if they're actual people or simply extremely advanced robots.
Not all that advanced.

So, time to leave new Avalon and tour your new holdings.
Indeed. Are there any ongoing initiatives or offensives by the Federated Suns I should be aware of?

[dice]2876[/dice]

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Unfortunately ROM are very good and getting into a spy war with them could undermine efforts elsewhere. Slow and subtle is the way to go here I think.

Hanse agrees on all points.

I don't think there's a Royal Stingray though... Oh... Is there data on the Deathstalker? Because that's a really quite decent ground-support platform and with advanced technology it might actually be a bit more agile.

No Royal Stingray.

Well as long as Hanse is happy.

Once he's out of traction.

Not all that advanced.

Superficially so.

Ian personally thinks they're pod people.

Indeed. Are there any ongoing initiatives or offensives by the Federated Suns I should be aware of?

Not at the moment. Still digesting its Liao bites. The Combine is getting a bit loud though

Thank you...

And Kaude is starting to get the occasional bout of space sickness on the way over...

Hanse agrees on all points.
Let the agencies work then.

How about the Deathstalker?

Once he's out of traction.
Yes. Is Katrina visiting? Does he have a safe word if she does?

Superficially so.

Ian personally thinks they're pod people.
Cloning? Well, that sounds possible.

Not at the moment. Still digesting its Liao bites. The Combine is getting a bit loud though
Okay. Not something I'm going to be immediately involved in but I'll stay informed.

Thank you...

And Kaude is starting to get the occasional bout of space sickness on the way over...
I'd say that it might be these unprecedented journeys - I've made a lot of jumps lately. Perhaps I should check with my physician just to be sure. I could be wrong, after all.

The Federated Suns would be interested in selling you the parts... but... in exchange Hanse would like payment in war material. As not to antagonize your anti-davion faction, he's willing to have it sent to Duke Aeron Sandoval rather than anyone you share a border with..

That's remarkably reasonable. Aaaaand will probably lead to the Dracs using the band to try and assassinate me, but you take the good with the not so good. Still, we could really use those parts.

They do.

In fact Kyalla Centrella would like to meet with you personally as you have contacted her at a very opportune moment...

Never let it be said that I won't take advantage of opportunity. The question being, where would that get set up? Either just invite her to Samantha, or pick a border world and meet there.

Honestly, the TDF is undersized and could use a lot of everything. You're actually biased in the production of mechs. You have no medium production, ample heavy production, no assaults, and your only lights are bug mechs and a commando knockoff. Your vehicular production is limited across the board as well.... though you do produce more small arms than the Capallan Confederation.

If you want combined arms

The problem with that is transport capability. How are you going to magically move around this wonderful combined arms force, and exactly what do you want it to consist of? Keep in mind, the TDF already makes use of Combined Arms formations

There's the rub. I'll probably put a portion of military funding aside and invest in more jumpships/dropships. Well, first let's see what Canopus has to offer. Maybe an answer will present itself.

Mental note, some kind of formal occasion might be called for. Inauguration was pretty rushed and didn't leave much time for reaching out to neighbors.

roll 2d6 for the mechwarriors

[dice]2877[/dice]

[dice]2878[/dice]

Well, that didn't work at all. Pity.

Let the agencies work then.

Already on it.

How about the Deathstalker?

Sadly, no.

Yes. Is Katrina visiting? Does he have a safe word if she does?

Yes, though he finds the idea of telling his brothers wife a bit off putting.

Cloning? Well, that sounds possible.

Sounds like something Max Liao would do to try and get some kind of Stormtrooper legion.

Okay. Not something I'm going to be immediately involved in but I'll stay informed.

Righto.

I'd say that it might be these unprecedented journeys - I've made a lot of jumps lately. Perhaps I should check with my physician just to be sure. I could be wrong, after all.

You're given a quick checkup and the result is rather convulsive.

Your pregnant. Probably conceived on the way to New Avalon

That's remarkably reasonable. Aaaaand will probably lead to the Dracs using the band to try and assassinate me, but you take the good with the not so good. Still, we could really use those parts.

As far as Hanse is concerned, he wins in this deal so at this point it's an issue of volume.

He arranges for a team from Kallon Industries to check out your lines and figure out what parts you need. Then, once the trade deal is finalized he'll order the tooling copied.

Never let it be said that I won't take advantage of opportunity. The question being, where would that get set up? Either just invite her to Samantha, or pick a border world and meet there.

She suggests Detroit.

There's the rub. I'll probably put a portion of military funding aside and invest in more jumpships/dropships. Well, first let's see what Canopus has to offer. Maybe an answer will present itself.

Aye.

Mental note, some kind of formal occasion might be called for. Inauguration was pretty rushed and didn't leave much time for reaching out to neighbors.

the Magistrix is rather adamant that you need to meet ASAP for this.

The terms giving by your negotiation teams are relatively generous offering disposed mechwarriors a chance to get back into the cockpit and honorable earn a second chance for themselves and their famlies through honorable service to the Concordant. As the Concordant actually tends to be in the strange position of having more mechs than properly trained Mechwarriors, there are even clauses that mean if a Mechwarrior who is part of this program loses the mech he's been issued, that depending on the situation it will be declared no fault of his own and simply replaced...

That last bit is rather common actually. In the TDF the only way to get disposed is pretty much general incompetence.

None the less, it's enough to get swarms of desperate mechwarriors of various quality flocking to the Concordant for a second chance.

[dice]2878[/dice]

Well, that didn't work at all. Pity.

Frankly the technology has been dead for so long that without something to work off of they'll basically be reinventing the wheel. And by wheel I mean microprocessor.

As far as Hanse is concerned, he wins in this deal so at this point it's an issue of volume.

He arranges for a team from Kallon Industries to check out your lines and figure out what parts you need. Then, once the trade deal is finalized he'll order the tooling copied.

I let Hanse know that if the FedSuns don't do something colossally stupid, the matter of volume is up for discussion. We're not going to be anyone's vassal state, but it's a matter of supply and demand in this world. We have supply, he has demand.I'd be shocked if we can't work something out based on this.Trade is more conductive to a peaceful border than commerce raiding is.

And if it works out for a certain period of time, we can start talking cooperation against, say, piracy in the region.

She suggests Detroit.

Done.

the Magistrix is rather adamant that you need to meet ASAP for this.

... well, political ASAP ... that's both interesting and troubling ... I don't suppose I have any fast ships I could use to get there and make a good impression of taking this seriously?

And yes, just in case I do bring my mech as well as those of whatever bodyguard lance I have on call.

I can just blame Taurian paranoia if I get called on it. After all, my whole family did suffer a brief and abrupt demise.

The terms giving by your negotiation teams are relatively generous offering disposed mechwarriors a chance to get back into the cockpit and honorable earn a second chance for themselves and their famlies through honorable service to the Concordant. As the Concordant actually tends to be in the strange position of having more mechs than properly trained Mechwarriors, there are even clauses that mean if a Mechwarrior who is part of this program loses the mech he's been issued, that depending on the situation it will be declared no fault of his own and simply replaced...

That last bit is rather common actually. In the TDF the only way to get disposed is pretty much general incompetence.

None the less, it's enough to get swarms of desperate mechwarriors of various quality flocking to the Concordant for a second chance.

... well, seeing as we're spoiled for choice ... put them through Hell Week. Then start putting together a Protector's Own regiment.

And hey, anybody who wants to requalify if we run out of slots, or has aircraft experience, there's this new close air support plane coming off the assembly lines soon ...

Frankly the technology has been dead for so long that without something to work off of they'll basically be reinventing the wheel. And by wheel I mean microprocessor.

Great. I guess I need to go ahead and hope for a Lostech cache or something ... I grumble, possibly within adviser earshot.

I let Hanse know that if the FedSuns don't do something colossally stupid, the matter of volume is up for discussion. We're not going to be anyone's vassal state, but it's a matter of supply and demand in this world. We have supply, he has demand.I'd be shocked if we can't work something out based on this.Trade is more conductive to a peaceful border than commerce raiding is.

And if it works out for a certain period of time, we can start talking cooperation against, say, piracy in the region.

Basically the question is simply how many mechs for the tooling. You want as few as possible, he wants as many as possible. It's to find the number that you both can live with ;)

... well, political ASAP ... that's both interesting and troubling ... I don't suppose I have any fast ships I could use to get there and make a good impression of taking this seriously?

All jumpships movethe same speed.

And yes, just in case I do bring my mech as well as those of whatever bodyguard lance I have on call.

More you bring a company of the Taurian Guard regiment to watch your ass

I can just blame Taurian paranoia if I get called on it. After all, my whole family did suffer a brief and abrupt demise.

It's understandable.

... well, seeing as we're spoiled for choice ... put them through Hell Week. Then start putting together a Protector's Own regiment.

So, create an additional elite formation out of the best of them?

Though keep in mind... MECHWARRIORS. NOT INFANTRY.

And hey, anybody who wants to requalify if we run out of slots, or has aircraft experience, there's this new close air support plane coming off the assembly lines soon ...

The general attitude of your staff officers of this is don't be an idiot sir. They're mechwarriors, not cannon fodder pilots.

Seriously, your obsession with that ground attack aircraft is somewhat silly.

Great. I guess I need to go ahead and hope for a Lostech cache or something ... I grumble, possibly within adviser earshot.

More some kind of long term memory core.

That's good.

That's... not bad as such but disappointing. Oh well, the Anduriens would have probably been pissed,

Yes, though he finds the idea of telling his brothers wife a bit off putting.
Tha't's about as far as I intend to enquire.

Sounds like something Max Liao would do to try and get some kind of Stormtrooper legion.
...let us not give him ideas.

You're given a quick checkup and the result is rather convulsive.

Your pregnant. Probably conceived on the way to New Avalon
Well that was one of the end-goals. I'm prepared for this...

...no, no I'm not.

Still, I should probably let Ian know.

Any way to accelerate it a bit? Hoping to see it in time for the war.

They'll start trickling in during 3028 with more arriving in 3029, enough to see action at least.

Masters of bending people and not bothering with lube since 2100!

Okay SAS can have first dibs along with specialized pathfinders.

I'm thinking of creating a Concordiant Marine Corps as an elite formation for using BA when we get them

Not a bad idea at all

"Make sure you mention you're not pregnant yet but not for lack of trying. Even though we've really decided to wait..."

Want her to earn her laurels and complete her education before we have kids.

Practical as well.

I do make sure to mention that I silently am extremely amused by these and ask that ISF not crack down on them.

I believe that being able to laugh at ones self is a sign of character. It

The ISF certainly isn't going to crack down on Mangaka's who work feature Davion maidens getting the bull so to speak.

Heh however much you practice you've gotten some real skill writing dirty limericks.

I guess we work on each other's weak spots.

Pretty much, although Emma has less of the polish of an Academy trained warrior showing more of being trained up by her now dead father.

Hm. I'm not quite sure if that's cannon. She seemed to be more contemptuous of her mothers habits and Richard's fucking everything with a lukewarm hole than this.

But I do intend to seduce her in time. And treat her like a gooddamned princess
Ripples.

Emma being short, traumatized and having wider than normal eyes is not a sign she's totally the weeboo when it comes to relationships

"In fact, you know how I love it when actual pilots are given rolls to ham all over?

I wink.

Ah. Alright. Basically they both get it.

And I do intend for my sister to get a planet out of this.

She's already holding Ishtar as your heir and will be the noble lord of Illushin when she actually comes of age.

Okay. Though I do one day I want to have children with her.

Very good.

Basically, get something that will make her look good to House Liao and be useful to giving her a strong rebelling force when the war comes.

<Insert Regiment here> of R/R regiment of Mecs

Star League era stealth Mechs... with examples of the Null Signature System,

Archibald made the choice between really digging for info or getting his dependents out quietly, he'll go at it hard once he's got Menke back.

When he retakes the planet I'm going to immediately make it the MAC's landhold and offer him a and his top commanders lordship in the TC with lesser titles offered for his men depending on their station (basically encourage him to grant on-planet land holds for the men of his regiments) and basically throw glory at him.

I want a giant house mercenary army and he'll quaility. Plus he'll also show that I treat my HUGE merc units as well as I do my smaller and in scale with their side.

Really Archie's only regret is that given the way things are shaking out with between the Concordat and the Fed Sun's he can't go conquer the Pleadies for you.

[dice]2710[/dice]

Yeah. Okay. More with the crappy rolls. To hell with this

No breakthroughs yet. However its now TN 11 instead of 12

Alright.

Though I'm going to having to figure out a way to marry both Lisa and Kara without them killing each other. Lisa is critical to the alliance probably and I do care for her while I really really really like Kara... enough I'm willing to try and extort the couple worlds that the Fed Suns took from the OWA out of Hanse :p

Actually with the re-introduction of J/U water filters the OWA is being stretched to reclaim worlds lost after the fall of the Star League, they are more than happy with that.

Lisa and Kara is still pretty much a no go for a long term relationship, just one of those things.

Though is the "Speak with her authority" contact from Katrina there like I requested?

Its Nondi Steiner!

I'm sure Hanse's reaction was one of tired amusement.

Typical Taurians... :p

He's just surprised there weren't cobalt gigaton warheads

I watch carefully. I need to learn more.

Its solid learning experience plus a good way to 'face the Elephant' so to speak.

Sadly though they found the both of us. Do not fuck with Samuel Calderon and Hanse Davion. Double true when we're on the same damned planet.

The anti shipping missiles were a very unwelcome surprise as well

How do the swords like the missles I gave them?

I'll offer Hanse a manufacturing license as part of our alliance. I know that chances are after this the FedSuns might try and build a wink and a nod original design so better to just head that off at the pass.

The Taurian Guards are very happy with the first strike missiles. Several Davion ASF officers however have nightmares now (if only on how to protect their own Droppers from such attacks)

Hanse takes the license happily.

I smell salvage.... lots of it I'm guessing a 3 way split between the locals, the AFFS, and the TDF?

About a company worth of Mechs each in good shape, with another company worth of parts

I want the burning remains of the head mounted onto a very large plaque.

What remains? You hit it with two PPC shots completely obliterating the head

I also want the serial numbers of all these mechs checked to make sure they're not Comstar and find out whom they were actually after.

All of them are old construction from all across the Sphere. None of the survivors held rank with in the various pirates bands that were gathered together for this raid.

Basically they were after you for destroying the Pirates Haven and making their lives as raiders much more difficult.

No conclusive leads on who pulled the bands together and got them your travel route are known however.

I guess the jumpships are also split up between the AFFS and TDF... though I suggest passing at least one to Rani for hosting this event... :p

Hanse is more than happy to do that with a former Capellan Merchant,

First, not the last.

Rani breaks two very sturdy beds with you that night.

Roll 2d6 please

2d6=5

You are now officially a Subaltern swinging your own Company with the skills to back it up.

Additionally you are now 1/3 Gunner / Pilot

Well hell...

Sub-cap roll is worse, but the Cap missile roll actually is okay for once.

2d6=5, 2d6=10

You'll be producing Barracuda's (and launchers) in 3031, aided by the remaining weapons on the TCN Vandenberg

Sub Cap Missiles, along with the other weight classes are taking longer.

With Nondi's arrival Hanse starts laying out terms

~ For the trade of the memory cores and the alliance of the TC with the FedCom

~ Transfer the old Taurian Worlds back to you as a FedCom March (aka owe Feudal alligance to the FedCom but not to the FedSuns)
~ A Marriage between you and Lisa Steiner
~ Full and open trade between you, the FedSun and Lyran Commonwealth
~ Military Alliance against the Kapyten's Concordat (the CapCon is being taken to the toolshed like a redheaded lefty)

They'll start trickling in during 3028 with more arriving in 3029, enough to see action at least.

Works.

Masters of bending people and not bothering with lube since 2100!

They'll get their turn.

Not a bad idea at all

Battle Armor takes a different set of tactics than conventional infantry.

I'd also like to look into a dedicated BA Dropship. Not a dropship in the standard sense, but literally one that works along the lines of it pretty much drops from orbit, burns like hell for the deployment zone, and then kicks a platoon or two of BA infantry out the back door in mid flight before hard burning for orbit.

I'm a very for the happy person.

The ISF certainly isn't going to crack down on Mangaka's who work feature Davion maidens getting the bull so to speak.

I send him a polite note saying I'm a fan.

Heh however much you practice you've gotten some real skill writing dirty limericks.

It's a talent. Maybe I can get published.

Pretty much, although Emma has less of the polish of an Academy trained warrior showing more of being trained up by her now dead father.

Ripples.

Emma being short, traumatized and having wider than normal eyes is not a sign she's totally the weeboo when it comes to relationships

Still, I try and befriend her.

She's already holding Ishtar as your heir and will be the noble lord of Illushin when she actually comes of age.

Alright

<Insert Regiment here> of R/R regiment of Mecs

Good.

Archibald made the choice between really digging for info or getting his dependents out quietly, he'll go at it hard once he's got Menke back.

Right choice.

Really Archie's only regret is that given the way things are shaking out with between the Concordat and the Fed Sun's he can't go conquer the Pleadies for you.

Would have been fun, until the counter attack.

No breakthroughs yet. However its now TN 11 instead of 12

Another roll incoming.

Actually with the re-introduction of J/U water filters the OWA is being stretched to reclaim worlds lost after the fall of the Star League, they are more than happy with that.

Okay.

Lisa and Kara is still pretty much a no go for a long term relationship, just one of those things.

Shit.

Shit.

Double Shit.

So there's NO way to work around this? :(

I respect Lisa a lot, I like Kara more...

Good to meet ya.

He's just surprised there weren't cobalt gigaton warheads

Nope. Standard practice is Swordbreakers are not to be used on or around planets we'd like to remain capable of supporting human life.

... What?

Its solid learning experience plus a good way to 'face the Elephant' so to speak.

Heh.

The anti shipping missiles were a very unwelcome surprise as well

Indeed. I love my little surprises.

Esp once the Arrow IVs come into development again and I'll be able to field AA arrows. ^_^

The Taurian Guards are very happy with the first strike missiles. Several Davion ASF officers however have nightmares now (if only on how to protect their own Droppers from such attacks)

"There's a reason it took the SLDF 20 years to occupy us. We're not an easy group to invade."
Hanse takes the license happily.

It's part of the alliance.

About a company worth of Mechs each in good shape, with another company worth of parts

Nice.

What remains? You hit it with two PPC shots completely obliterating the head

Ah.

All of them are old construction from all across the Sphere. None of the survivors held rank with in the various pirates bands that were gathered together for this raid.

Basically they were after you for destroying the Pirates Haven and making their lives as raiders much more difficult.

No conclusive leads on who pulled the bands together and got them your travel route are known however.

Typical....

Hanse is more than happy to do that with a former Capellan Merchant,

Never let it be said I don't like sharing the wealth.

You are now officially a Subaltern swinging your own Company with the skills to back it up.

Additionally you are now 1/3 Gunner / Pilot

Sweet.

You'll be producing Barracuda's (and launchers) in 3031, aided by the remaining weapons on the TCN Vandenberg

Sub Cap Missiles, along with the other weight classes are taking longer.

Alright.
With Nondi's arrival Hanse starts laying out terms

~ For the trade of the memory cores and the alliance of the TC with the FedCom

I told him about the SL one, I'm keeping the New Dallas one close to the chest though.

~ Transfer the old Taurian Worlds back to you as a FedCom March (aka owe Feudal alligance to the FedCom but not to the FedSuns)

Needs to be adjusted and to make sure it's joined allegiance. Though honestly I'm willing to up the stakes a bit.

~ A Marriage between you and Lisa Steiner

If I had to choose between her and Kara, I'll choose Kara sadly. :(

I'd like to try and work around this one if possible.

Though I'd be willing to at least introduce Morgan to my sister and see what happens.

~ Full and open trade between you, the FedSun and Lyran Commonwealth

As long as it goes both ways.

~ Military Alliance against the Kapyten's Concordat (the CapCon is being taken to the toolshed like a redheaded lefty)

This I can actually mention I'm in talks with the MoC and DoA. I'm currently in a defensive pact with them and they're chomping at the bit to take a bite out of the CapCom. As part of the deal I'd be willing to get them in on this.

Not only could we keep the FWL busy by kicking off a full succession crisis, allowing them to foucs more troops on the combine front, but open two new fronts against the confederation.

Basically my counter offer:

~ Full transfer the old Taurian Worlds
~ No mandated marriage (though I'll keep working at it and introduce Morgan to my sister)
~ Full and open trade between the TC and the FedCom
~ Military Alliance against the Kapyten's Concordat
~ Bringing in the MoC and DoA into the war to open an additional front and hobble the FWLs ability to react.
~ Details on a large number of Lostech cashes, including the location of the Helm Cashe including the original memory core and several regiments of SLDF line mechs.
~ A full, decoded copy of the Helm Library Memory Core.

I'm expecting negotiations to take a bit

Last edited:
Tha't's about as far as I intend to enquire.

Ignorance is bliss.

...let us not give him ideas.

Yeah. That's the clan's stick.

Well that was one of the end-goals. I'm prepared for this...

...no, no I'm not.

Still, I should probably let Ian know.

The word 'ecstatic' doesn't come close to describing the moment at that moment.

To him, he's married to be most intelligent, most beautiful, most wonderful woman in the Inner Sphere, his people are safe, his realm is secure, and he's going to be a father. As far as he's concerned nothing could ruin this moment. It's the happiest moment of his life.

The word 'ecstatic' doesn't come close to describing the moment at that moment.

To him, he's married to be most intelligent, most beautiful, most wonderful woman in the Inner Sphere, his people are safe, his realm is secure, and he's going to be a father. As far as he's concerned nothing could ruin this moment. It's the happiest moment of his life.
Ignorance is bliss, morning sickness is not.

So how are things in the Pleiades?

Ignorance is bliss, morning sickness is not.

So how are things in the Pleiades?

You arrive to a large crowd and partial insanity.

The crowd when you arrived is divided into two main factions both of which look about ready to rip the others heads off.

Seems that the Taurian population is just about to go nuts. They're wagging Taurian flags, screaming your name, and look about ready to charge the barricades if only so they can carry you to wherever the hell it is you're going.

The other are protesting quite rudely and frankly look like they're a bunch of Davion Ultranationalists.

All jumpships movethe same speed.

Ah. Well, regardless, I'll try getting there without that whole 'fashionably late' thing.

More you bring a company of the Taurian Guard regiment to watch your ass

... that works too. At the very least, when things go pear-shaped I won't have my ass hanging out in the wind.

So, create an additional elite formation out of the best of them?

Though keep in mind... MECHWARRIORS. NOT INFANTRY.

Somehow adapt the idea to mechpiloting then. Run them through the wringer regardless. They're getting a golden opportunity here, we might as well make sure we're getting our investment's worth.

The general attitude of your staff officers of this is don't be an idiot sir. They're mechwarriors, not cannon fodder pilots.

Seriously, your obsession with that ground attack aircraft is somewhat silly.

I could be obsessing about worse things. Like the inevitability of an impending Davion invasion.

More some kind of long term memory core.

Yes, or that.

Ah. Well, regardless, I'll try getting there without that whole 'fashionably late' thing.

Alright.

... that works too. At the very least, when things go pear-shaped I won't have my ass hanging out in the wind.

Yep

Somehow adapt the idea to mechpiloting then. Run them through the wringer regardless. They're getting a golden opportunity here, we might as well make sure we're getting our investment's worth.

How about you restate and outline your plans. Because it sounds like your going only take the best of the best of the best and leave everyone else flopping in the wind without so much as a ticket back where they came from

I could be obsessing about worse things. Like the inevitability of an impending Davion invasion.

God save us from well meaning amateurs with no sense of politics.

You got nether.

You arrive to a large crowd and partial insanity.

The crowd when you arrived is divided into two main factions both of which look about ready to rip the others heads off.

Seems that the Taurian population is just about to go nuts. They're wagging Taurian flags, screaming your name, and look about ready to charge the barricades if only so they can carry you to wherever the hell it is you're going.

The other are protesting quite rudely and frankly look like they're a bunch of Davion Ultranationalists.
Hang onto Ian's arm tightly.

First public words should be "The three of us are very glad to be here." That ought to get the message across that we're serious. Plus it'll motivate the Taurians to not drag me off somewhere.

I imagine we'll have a secured residence as well as a long list of must-be-seen-at locations?

Hang onto Ian's arm tightly.

First public words should be "The three of us are very glad to be here." That ought to get the message across that we're serious. Plus it'll motivate the Taurians to not drag me off somewhere.

I imagine we'll have a secured residence as well as a long list of must-be-seen-at locations?

d100 please.

Samantha Calderon April 3026

Antallos is a bit out of the way sadly...

In reality Samantha is instead waiting until Hanse makes a deal before pulling the Black Lagoon regiment back to the Badlands Zarantha Cluster to re-pair and re-fit.

After cycling through replacements they get to play Op For for the rest of 3027 before heading to Brisbane in 3028.

For Jumpships captured

[dice]2924[/dice]

He'd rather stay with his unit, and is more than willing to be... well... how about the Defender of the Tortuga Reach of the Taurian Concordant?

Hey, hey? Just an idea...

Just an idea.

Sadly Tortuga is on the order of hundreds of lightyears away from the Concordat as is.

Besides Smantha's eying planets Counter Spinward (aka west) to be brought in the Concordats fold.

It's literally a head shot. PPC blew her mechs head right off. They found genetic trace evidence but not much else. Though it did smell like fried electronics and burned meat...

Samantha will have the Concordat Constabulary do a through of survivors just to be sure.

He'll need to consult his advisers.

In the mean time Samantha will send out Constabulary forces and some PBI to liberate slaves, capture criminals and in general cleanse the local gene pool of excessive filth.

Sounds attractive...

Its meant to be. Samantha has minions leak to the FedSuns Ambassador that getting the return of a few worlds via diplomacy would give the reactionary diehards in the TC an alternative route beyond "Scream, Leap, and hope for the best!"

They go white. And a little green.

Natasha wants to see these sim records.

Samantha then suggests the Guards start figuring out ways to fight a technologically superior, but numerically inferior attacker. Preferably with planned battlefields whose usage of C8 explosive is capped at around a megaton.

Natasha gets passed the sims "I had them go off of top end Star League tech and then had them make it more effective by an additional 1.5 times. I'm saving my worst case scenario of full cyborged Mechwarriors in an internal center cockpit with full fledged battlefield networking for later!"

[dice]2925[/dice]

He's not much of a country person. More of a classical dance, tango, and shockingly enough, break dancing guy...

Though according to records he's also satan himself in a mosh pit, responsible for at least 30 serious injuries from being too hard core... :p

Just a reminder that this is Edgar Halas we're talking baout.

In post here you had mentioned he didn't tango but did two-step

They draw up a series of deep strike plans. Though they all hinge on taking out the MAC which is seen as the weak point of all of them...

If the MAC was taken out of the equation? Add on a general state of war against the CapCon by both the FedSuns and FWL.

These plans have been on the books for generations and have been refined over centuries... frankly they almost make it look possible esp when your industrial developments and enlarged TDF are taken into account.

"Or we could lose everything. In any case CASE Ruby is a plan to have on hand in case its needed. Its certainly not wanted.

Kinetic Impactors acceptable?

If so, it would only take a run of specialized dropships. Large cargo models jumped in about half a light year with computer control systems and every spare ounce of space taken up by either impact mass or fuel.

Perfect! Samantha would prefer a load out of spent fission fuel rods just to drive the point home but she'll take Terra being killed just fine.

His eyes blink at that. "Well, I'm willing to learn just... being told you're not that great is kind of a let down."

Sam sensuously exploring Ivan's body with her hands practically purrs "Ivan I'm having a wonderful time so far and plenty of practice works wonders. Not to mention your currently third in line for the position of Archon, how many lovers would be willing to ignore all that?

(counting it as Katrina -> Mellissa -> Nondi -> Ivan)

Meaningful name... and she'd like to discuss a possible mutual defense pact maybe against common foes?

How old is Yuri Kurita anyway?

As for mutual defense pact, sadly the TDF isn't positioned to launch major offensive warfare against oh the FedSuns for at least a decade. Unless the Concordat is actually capable of fulfilling its commitments Samantha won't make agreements.

Unless its against Comstar. If the DC wants an alliance to crush Terra Sam's all for it, she'll get the kinetic kill dropships ready

Three weeks later the Big Mac... or rather what's left of it jumps into the system.

They're down to what seems to be 2-3 regiments, all of their dropships are damaged, some of them have signs of radiation damage, and they're in a mixture of their own and damaged Capallan Dropships.

Archie McCarron would very much like to... take advantage of your generous contract offers. And would like to meet with you in person.

You also have a call from Masako. She too would like to speak to you.

Samantha of course graciously accepts Archie's offer and has them based in New Vandenberg. She has the stockpiles opened up to get the MAC back up to 3 regiments while Archie transits to Taurus for a chat.

Masako of course gets called in first.

How about you restate and outline your plans. Because it sounds like your going only take the best of the best of the best and leave everyone else flopping in the wind without so much as a ticket back where they came from

1. Flexible defense using mercenaries to bolster existing forces along the pirate border and the one with the Cappies.

2. Negotiate a deal with the FedSuns that's going to be good enough that both sides on that border stop sharpening knives.

3. WARTHOG!

4. Recruit dispossessed Mechwarriors - screen for ability, as even then we'll likely have more applicants than we have mechs. Make plans to account for future production once we have the tooling from the FedSuns.

5.Find out what Canopus wants. See if it involves more jump/dropships.

6. Actually, just start looking around for more jump and dropships. We need force projection ability for that whole flexible defense thing. Maybe have some more Special Forces trained up explicitly with the goal of jacking pirate drop and jumpships, then send them to the relevant border to lurk about.

God save us from well meaning amateurs with no sense of politics.

Whoever said I was well-meaning?

[dice]2923[/dice]

Sorry, not much else to say but most of the things to check on are too secure to be meddling with from the Pleiades.

Works. Basically your agenda here is a lot of hand-waving and lord meeting. You're the new March Lord/Brave Liberator depending on the POV. Though it's starting to come off that a large chunk of the population are Taurian. They also have an oppressed majority thing going with the FedSuns "immigrants" having the higher station and better jobs.

Basically the social strata goes like this

The lower classes LOVE you. You're their liberator who in one fell swoop freed them from the Davion boot-heel.

The Upper class HATES you. They see you as another grimy Taurian and this entire ordeal as a betrayal of their trust.

The Nobility doesn't give two shits as long as they keep their prestige and titles.

Samantha Calderon April 3026

In reality Samantha is instead waiting until Hanse makes a deal before pulling the Black Lagoon regiment back to the Badlands Zarantha Cluster to re-pair and re-fit.

After cycling through replacements they get to play Op For for the rest of 3027 before heading to Brisbane in 3028.

You have a feeling this is going to be a while due to negotiations.

For Jumpships captured

[dice]2924[/dice]

It's a bit cluster. Add another d6

Sadly Tortuga is on the order of hundreds of lightyears away from the Concordat as is.

Besides Smantha's eying planets Counter Spinward (aka west) to be brought in the Concordats fold.

You sure? The Farlookers are reasonably drooling over it.

Samantha will have the Concordat Constabulary do a through of survivors just to be sure.

She dead. She very very dead.

Roll a 2d6 please

In the mean time Samantha will send out Constabulary forces and some PBI to liberate slaves, capture criminals and in general cleanse the local gene pool of excessive filth.

2d6.

And most of the slaves are either deep periphery or Federated suns.

Its meant to be. Samantha has minions leak to the FedSuns Ambassador that getting the return of a few worlds via diplomacy would give the reactionary diehards in the TC an alternative route beyond "Scream, Leap, and hope for the best!"

That is one possible benefit.

Samantha then suggests the Guards start figuring out ways to fight a technologically superior, but numerically inferior attacker. Preferably with planned battlefields whose usage of C8 explosive is capped at around a megaton.

The plan is tube artillery, lots. With generous use of low-yield tacticals.

Natasha gets passed the sims "I had them go off of top end Star League tech and then had them make it more effective by an additional 1.5 times. I'm saving my worst case scenario of full cyborged Mechwarriors in an internal center cockpit with full fledged battlefield networking for later!"

She grimaces. Especially if you show her the Marshal's version which builds off the other... and generally is an example of pure taurian viciousness. in its rawest and most sadistic form. Facing superior opponents with superior machines, they basically decided to reenact World War 1 with battlemechs and turn it into a battle of attrition. Then they broke out the Nukes, because "We never signed the Ares Conventions(TM)" is damned near the battlecry of the TDF when dealing with outside invaders.

Frankly she calls it one of the the cruelist, most dishonorable, most vicious forms of combat she's ever seen. Your generals have taken all the honor and glory out of war, beaten it to death with a shovel, and then rendered down it's corpse to extract the maximum amount of horror and suffering.

Her people have always wondered why it took Alexander Kerensky and the full might of the SLDF to put down your rebellion. Now she knows and almost wishes she didn't.

Honestly the TDF is still ready and willing to casually use tactics that would make the lords of the Second Succession War wince and is the only force in human space, that would theoretically allow a platoon commander to call down a tactical nuclear artillery strike.

Taurians are fucking crazy.

They don't even know where to start.
Just a reminder that this is Edgar Halas we're talking baout.

In post here you had mentioned he didn't tango but did two-step

Ah. Got mixed up. Thought this was another with Ivan. In that case he's a dancing queen.

Except without the Drag. Because while dresses make him feel pretty, he's totally not into that shit.

:p

But really, he's a fine dancer.

If the MAC was taken out of the equation? Add on a general state of war against the CapCon by both the FedSuns and FWL.

2d6

"Or we could lose everything. In any case CASE Ruby is a plan to have on hand in case its needed. Its certainly not wanted.

Nods... but it is seductive.

Though it does begin with the decapitation of the Federated Suns using the same kinetic strike plan that was intended for attacking Sol to basically turn New Syrtis, New Avalon, and Robinson into mass graves.

They've been working on their kinetic impactor Dropship designs and have added jacketed purified Uranium rods to the design. Basically the idea is that they'll hit with such force that the kinetic impact will cause them to go critical mass on impact. The idea is that the dropship deploys several hundred before impact while itself being aimed at dormant super volcanos or major fault lines.

Between the KE and nuclear effects and the massive amount of radioactive isotopes this thing is built to pack, a hand-full of them could pretty cause a cascade failure of most planet's terraforming. Even Terra and other worlds that naturally are ideal for human life would be left an ecological mess.

Perfect! Samantha would prefer a load out of spent fission fuel rods just to drive the point home but she'll take Terra being killed just fine.

They pause... then one up them them into the Mk2 by adding them with the addition of frankly the worst isotopes possible. Along with the above impactor rods which this is the inspiration for.

Sam sensuously exploring Ivan's body with her hands practically purrs "Ivan I'm having a wonderful time so far and plenty of practice works wonders. Not to mention your currently third in line for the position of Archon, how many lovers would be willing to ignore all that?

(counting it as Katrina -> Mellissa -> Nondi -> Ivan)

"All of none of them to be honest," he replies. "I'm enjoying this very much, if only because you're not trying to fuck me for status. In social circles you'd eat at the same table as my Aunt. That says everything."

How old is Yuri Kurita anyway?

Please note, she's also here with her best friend, closest confidant, and fellow mechwarrior... Kei Takachiho, a vivacious redheaded maniac with whom she has a rather poorly hidden lesbian love affair.

You're getting the feeling that the Coordinator sent her here to avoid scandal and as a small act of kindness to a kinswoman.

As for mutual defense pact, sadly the TDF isn't positioned to launch major offensive warfare against oh the FedSuns for at least a decade. Unless the Concordat is actually capable of fulfilling its commitments Samantha won't make agreements.

Honorable. He will speak to you again in time.

Unless its against Comstar. If the DC wants an alliance to crush Terra Sam's all for it, she'll get the kinetic kill dropships ready

What.

Samantha of course graciously accepts Archie's offer and has them based in New Vandenberg. She has the stockpiles opened up to get the MAC back up to 3 regiments while Archie transits to Taurus for a chat.

At this point there more interested in MEDICAL TREATMENT than mechs.

Frankly they're just one hair removed from refugees.

When Archie arrives the man is haunted and frankly his eyes are almost glowing with murderous rage. Not directed towards you, but frankly you're getting the feeling that he's probably gained the ability to kill a member of house Liao at 30 yards with his Death Ray Eyes.

Masako of course gets called in first.

Do you have another task for her?

1. Flexible defense using mercenaries to bolster existing forces along the pirate border and the one with the Cappies.

The pirate border is the whole border :p

2. Negotiate a deal with the FedSuns that's going to be good enough that both sides on that border stop sharpening knives.

Okay... what do you intend?

Oh for fucks sake. Get off the obsession. It's just a cool looking conventional fighter.

4. Recruit dispossessed Mechwarriors - screen for ability, as even then we'll likely have more applicants than we have mechs. Make plans to account for future production once we have the tooling from the FedSuns.

You're a net exporter of war material... frankly all you're doing is closing a medium mech shaped production hole.

5.Find out what Canopus wants. See if it involves more jump/dropships.

You'll have to meet to find that out. It's basically top secret all around but she's very insistant.

6. Actually, just start looking around for more jump and dropships. We need force projection ability for that whole flexible defense thing.

Would you like to see about getting your yards producing again? It would take several years and billions of Cbills. But could very well be worth it.

Maybe have some more Special Forces trained up explicitly with the goal of jacking pirate drop and jumpships

"..."

I suggest your wiki-crawl here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Taurian_Concordat

then send them to the relevant border to lurk about.

Dude. There are no "borders" in space. Read up on how Jump Drive works.

Whoever said I was well-meaning?

They're talking about for the state of the nation. :rolleyes:

Works. Basically your agenda here is a lot of hand-waving and lord meeting. You're the new March Lord/Brave Liberator depending on the POV. Though it's starting to come off that a large chunk of the population are Taurian. They also have an oppressed majority thing going with the FedSuns "immigrants" having the higher station and better jobs.
Well that's going to have to change, but slowly. I don't want to cause more of a schism.

Basically the social strata goes like this

The lower classes LOVE you. You're their liberator who in one fell swoop freed them from the Davion boot-heel.
While I'm not fomenting revolution, their lot should be improving with Taurian companies moving in and seeking employees. And they aren't going to favour the FedSuns immigrants.

The Upper class HATES you. They see you as another grimy Taurian and this entire ordeal as a betrayal of their trust.
I shall be cultured and polite and interested in education and the economy. Winning them over will take patience.

The Nobility doesn't give two shits as long as they keep their prestige and titles.
Unlike the Capellan nobility being integrated into the Taurian nobility, I'm not going to actively start whittling away at the official perquisites of the nobility. Illicit abuses of power are another matter of course, but I'm not going to strip away titles, wealth, etc.

I'll probably have to visit both of the March Militias, inspect them and so forth, with Yvonne Davion as the new Marshal.

Do I have any candidates for Minister of the March?

Well that's going to have to change, but slowly. I don't want to cause more of a schism.

You get the feeling that the only way to do that is to start handing out guns.

While I'm not fomenting revolution, their lot should be improving with Taurian companies moving in and seeking employees. And they aren't going to favour the FedSuns immigrants.

That's for sure...

I shall be cultured and polite and interested in education and the economy. Winning them over will take patience.

You're a filthy Bull...

It'll take a good deal of convincing.

Unlike the Capellan nobility being integrated into the Taurian nobility, I'm not going to actively start whittling away at the official perquisites of the nobility. Illicit abuses of power are another matter of course, but I'm not going to strip away titles, wealth, etc.

Righto.

I'll probably have to visit both of the March Militias, inspect them and so forth, with Yvonne Davion as the new Marshal.

2d100 please

Do I have any candidates for Minister of the March?

You want a fedsuns or Taurian individual?

You get the feeling that the only way to do that is to start handing out guns.
I suspect a lot of them are already armed.

Equally, however, I don't want them to actively exclude people who've lived here for generations, just because it's a few less generations than the others.

You're a filthy Bull...

It'll take a good deal of convincing.
And a lot of patience. How are they reacting to Ian?

Any news from home?

[dice]2991[/dice]

You want a fedsuns or Taurian individual?
As moderate a Taurian resident of the March as can be found.

The pirate border is the whole border :p

Hence the need for more legs.

Okay... what do you intend?

Let's start with just the barebones basics. Tooling as payment for so-and-so many mechs, and I'll sweeten the deal and give them a discount on the mechs the factories we'll make using said tooling will produce. Not at _cost_, mind you, but enough to make them go 'huh, sweet deal'. Meanwhile, I'll send a quiet message to Hanse that maybe we should start looking at the cultural end of things and see if we don't have more mundane market needs that the other can attempt to cover.

Oh for fucks sake. Get off the obsession. It's just a cool looking conventional fighter.

And yet obsessing over mechs is entirely alright. Bah. Bah, I say.

You're a net exporter of war material... frankly all you're doing is closing a medium mech shaped production hole.

... in that case, as long as they're not incompetent or blatantly psychotic or sociopath, they're in ... and that last bit is open for discussion as long as they can keep the lid down on it and their skillset is valuable.

You'll have to meet to find that out. It's basically top secret all around but she's very insistant.

No time like the present. I half expect Alex Murphy to show up in some way shape or form during the proceedings tho. Just because.

Would you like to see about getting your yards producing again? It would take several years and billions of Cbills. But could very well be worth it.

Would result in more jobs and qualified personnel and that whole transportation issue being ... eventually ... fixed. Sure, why the hell not ... and get the military think tank thinking about a better carrier design.I'll funnel a percentage of my own income into getting the yards going again, drop in the ocean though it may be.

I did. I'm just throwing wild ideas at the wall.

Dude. There are no "borders" in space. Read up on how Jump Drive works.

By 'lurk on the border' I meant have staging points, possibly a rotation of such, that would allow them to deploy to Concordat border worlds with relative speed and flexibility.

I suspect a lot of them are already armed.

Not really. The gun laws here are rather divide. It's not outright apartheid, but it does have shades of Israel/Palestine.

Equally, however, I don't want them to actively exclude people who've lived here for generations, just because it's a few less generations than the others.

Major cultural divide though, underspaced with institutionalized ethnic exclusion.

And a lot of patience. How are they reacting to Ian?

Wondering why he married a filthy bull when he could have married a proper, well born woman of Federated Suns stock.

It's all undertone but he's rather honest, "Had I seen it was this bad, I would have handed the entire cluster to you lock, stock, and barrel."

The Concordant is finally coming down off a several months long celebratory bender and most of your larger corps are interested in setting up shop in the cluster.

And once news of your pregnancy comes out, the drinks come right back out.

The lines are rather clam.

As moderate a Taurian resident of the March as can be found.

d100 please.

Hence the need for more legs.

Yep. Honestly the best way to deal with them might just be to simply burn them out.

Let's start with just the barebones basics. Tooling as payment for so-and-so many mechs, and I'll sweeten the deal and give them a discount on the mechs the factories we'll make using said tooling will produce. Not at _cost_, mind you, but enough to make them go 'huh, sweet deal'. Meanwhile, I'll send a quiet message to Hanse that maybe we should start looking at the cultural end of things and see if we don't have more mundane market needs that the other can attempt to cover.

Hanse would be willing to accept those terms quite readily, tough colonization and trade thinks they're a little too pro-fedsuns.

And yet obsessing over mechs is entirely alright. Bah. Bah, I say.

Mechs don't explode when you look at them funny. They also have a much wider tactical use.

... in that case, as long as they're not incompetent or blatantly psychotic or sociopath, they're in ... and that last bit is open for discussion as long as they can keep the lid down on it and their skillset is valuable.

Various psychological and skill tests are given.

Some of your more... well... douchebag TMI peoples suggest getting the psychos together and forming a plausibly deniable raiding unit out of the most vicious lunatics who can operate under the cover of being pirates.

No time like the present. I half expect Alex Murphy to show up in some way shape or form during the proceedings tho. Just because.

You meet with her and find Dame Catherine Humphreys of Andurien there as well.

They're forming an alliance and have decided that with a Protector who doesn't have a single minded obsession on the Federated Suns you might be respective.

Would result in more jobs and qualified personnel and that whole transportation issue being ... eventually ... fixed. Sure, why the hell not ... and get the military think tank thinking about a better carrier design.I'll funnel a percentage of my own income into getting the yards going again, drop in the ocean though it may be.

By carrier do you mean Carrier Dropship?

By 'lurk on the border' I meant have staging points, possibly a rotation of such, that would allow them to deploy to Concordat border worlds with relative speed and flexibility.

How do you present this?

Not really. The gun laws here are rather divide. It's not outright apartheid, but it does have shades of Israel/Palestine.
Well we're going to need to gradually even that out. Nothing right away - let things calm down a bit but plan on a year from now doing a full review.

Major cultural divide though, underspaced with institutionalized ethnic exclusion.
Long hard work to manage that.

Wondering why he married a filthy bull when he could have married a proper, well born woman of Federated Suns stock.

It's all undertone but he's rather honest, "Had I seen it was this bad, I would have handed the entire cluster to you lock, stock, and barrel."
"I didn't think it was this bad at first. Honestly if reports hadn't shown some of this I'd not have even considered accepting them."

The Concordant is finally coming down off a several months long celebratory bender and most of your larger corps are interested in setting up shop in the cluster.
Corporations not military corps I hope.

And once news of your pregnancy comes out, the drinks come right back out.
Well at least I'm stimulating the booze industry.

[dice]3020[/dice]

Yep. Honestly the best way to deal with them might just be to simply burn them out.

Once we have enough metal and manpower, that's the general idea.

Hanse would be willing to accept those terms quite readily, tough colonization and trade thinks they're a little too pro-fedsuns.

I'll wait and see if their opinion changes after the revenue comes in and we can allocate additional resources to making sure we're secure.

Mechs don't explode when you look at them funny. They also have a much wider tactical use.

Well, yeah, but most of those other uses are kind of questionable in terms of how cost effective they are.

Beyond that, one thing remains true that was true since as early as there was war. To hold ground, you actually need infantry.

Various psychological and skill tests are given.

Some of your more... well... douchebag TMI peoples suggest getting the psychos together and forming a plausibly deniable raiding unit out of the most vicious lunatics who can operate under the cover of being pirates.

... that never works out, so no, no off the books squads of sociopaths.

You meet with her and find Dame Catherine Humphreys of Andurien there as well.

They're forming an alliance and have decided that with a Protector who doesn't have a single minded obsession on the Federated Suns you might be respective.

"Ladies ... if I were the type I'd say something pithy and suave here. Instead, all I'll say is, let's get to work," I say, doff my jacket to the back of my seat and roll my sleeves up, then wave at an aide for writing materials and the ever-present collection of data slates. "And I hope the coffee doesn't run out."

Must. Not. Say that thing that popped into my head about this not being the way I'd like to spend an all-nighter with a pair of attractive women.

And hey, doesn't Canopus have more than decent ASF units? I suggest an exchange of military advisors to cross-teach out people effective doctrine, both for air, space and ground combat.

By carrier do you mean Carrier Dropship?

Less effective than dedicated carrier jumpships, but probably more flexible, since if we start jumpship production back up we'll want versatility first.

How do you present this?

With lots of charts, graphs, and a comprehensive and honest report about operational effectiveness of such an approach to providing defense coverage for our worlds. I have people draw those up for me after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back