• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

A six two beanpole with blue eyes and brown hair who's 19 and actually been Trained For This Shit on account of being the legitimate heir ... and it's 3031 which ... means approximately squat to me as I'm bad at remembering dates in the real world, nevermind those of a fictional setting I've not bothered to read the books on.
There's a useful wiki if you want it: 3031.

This is the year Romano Liao fights for the freedom of the Capellans from the oppression of the Canopians... Also Andurien is involved.

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013

Odds are pretty good it was because of Kaede. And Kaede figures her mother is no more likely to tell her now than she was previously if it was someone else. Let's face it - she's not going to have trouble sending a letter to Kaede if she wants to.

Peoples is complicated.

[dice]2403[/dice]

I shudder to think what could go wrong here. Max Liao gatecrashing?

Or terrorist attacks. But it goes off swimmingly. It's out of a movie damned near... it's a white wedding for the story books.

On the announcement of the Taurian March the crowd lost thier mind when they realize what you've done.

You just got it back. And between this and the attack on the confederation... you got it ALL back.

[dice]2402[/dice]

I assume you meant CapCon given the DC is a very long away from the TC

Samantha makes vague noises that she's not so much for poking with small company sized raids preferring something small sharp and personal or a very big hammer indeed.

She's working on building up that hammer.

Pirates tend to range very far to find soft targets. He's offering you a set of targets and a hidden base in dark space if you're willing to range in a direction that pleases him ;)

Official paperwork, what everyone calls them anyway.

In any case Dutch gets a nice present from Samantha for keeping Revy under nominal control.

Alright. And Dutch would mind a lordship over the next pirate infested hellhole they capture. ;)

Oh Natasha what a waste of fine scotch, you don't guzzle it you savor it.

Her look says "Fuck you."

Samantha politely nods along and doesn't bother offering glass.

Because it would be wasted.

"I'm sure your Dragoons have heard about the Minnesota Tribe who raided the Draconis Combine in 2825. You were after all speculated to be descended from them. We had a copy of a copy of a redacted Comstar report on the encounter, more specifically on the mech and pilot of a dead member of the tribe.

In summary said pilot was using a pristine Royal Lancelot, was equipped with a proper SLDF cooling suit which bore a Division logo from a unit that followed General Kerensky on the Exodus. What unit exactly was redacted."

Samantha pauses for a moment as if contemplating a distant horizon. Taking a long slug of brandy Samantha finally shudders and states "Frankly the last bit is completely fucking implausible and crazy that I'd commit any one who suggested it."

She frowns at that. "I've heard of the Minnesota tribe. I did not know that."

Her frown deepens. "2825."

"Ah getting down to the brass tacks," Samantha notes "Right I've got a few things in mind."

Taking a pull on her brandy Samantha gives Natasha an open honest eye to eye look. "I've got absolutely no interest in even attempting blackmail. Wolfs Dragoon's origins will remain hidden, I've got no interest in spreading them around the Inner Sphere."

"Speaking of would the Dragoons be at all interested in being my middleman? I'm willing to spend outrageous amounts of money and do downright filthy deviant acts if it means I can flat out buy all the factory tooling, specs and assorted goods needed to build new jump-ships."

"In all honestly I would be very interested in hiring the Dragoons once your current contract with the Combine is up."

"We're a mercenary unit. We do not have those levels of assets and I cannot speak for Col Wolf on our future employment plans."

"Apart from a very generous cash offer for said information," Samantha shrugs and answers "If the SLDF in exile is planning on returning in an attempt to reform the Star League."

Growing dead serious Samantha continues on "I have no intention of fighting the Re-unification Part Deux ill prepared, under armored, and on Taurian soil. "

"On the other hand if they are content to rule their are of the Deep Periphery all the power to them, I wish them well and hope for the possibility of mutually profitable trade."

She frowns. "The political situation is complicated."

"......" Samantha stares at Natasha utterly speechless. "I..... wha..... Did a man come up with that?"

She blinks. "Yes. Why?"

After several long moments Samantha finally composes herself "Yes artificial wombs could be used for an eugenics program, and if that's your cultural imperative well its not my place to comment. However I can consider dozens of valid medical reasons to actually use an artificial womb over natural birth, and several dozen security and political ones as well."

"Speaking of I'd be more than willing to buy a license for the design and technical specs for Iron Wombs from the Dragoons for a Billion C-bills."

Then Samantha turns with concern to Natasha "If the demands of your career, or the hazards of Mechwarriors life keep you from carrying to term I'd encourage you to take advantage of the technology. I'm still young but I do want children myself, denying yourself that....."

"The technology is not for sale."

Samantha subtly tries to ear worm him that her romantic interest in men is a) closer to her own age b) not in the full on Ruler to Ruler or Heir to Ruler dynastic marriage that could join realms.

Right.

Heh, well Samantha is more than happy to waltz with him as well. Or does he two-step?

Both. Just no tango.

Samantha is of course willing to make exceptions but its going to be at Comstar rates +4%

"He will discuss it with his celestial wisdom."

And Samantha does have it told to her that House Liao's credit is kinda shit.

Samantha's willing to consider said assistance but will require time to fully study the issues involved. She's interested but not quite willing to commit

2d6, tech study

You mean they didn't make Richard Humpries the gimp of the week? Pfff lame

judged to be politically unsound.

Heh, well Samantha does her best to ensure Lady Kelly leaves with a smile and very fond personal memories of the Concordat.

2d6 labeled Happy Fun Times

:p

"Impressive," Samantha answers impressed. "I've heard male ballet dancers were outstanding performers both on and off the stage. Perhaps you can demonstrate after the balls over?"

"I shall do my best to impress, m'ady."

Samantha ensures the 2nd Taurian Lancers and the Calderon Red Hand get plenty of funds to train with. They're going to be seeing war soonish.

Done.

Not that it means much given they are literally lances spread across the colonized regions. Still Samantha ensures her words were kept to the various small fry and former dispossessed guarding the new colonies.

They get formed up as the Colonial Marshall Brigrade and a Marshall and staff is assigned to keep track of them all and ensure parts and support flow properly.

They do their duties.

Ms Glau may push some of Samantha's buttons but she's got enough will power to resist when her instructor is teaching her things that may well save her life one day.

Heh.

Woman's like a goddamned machine. Though she is a bit loopy at times.

Oooh nice.

Also given 3026: Samantha places an order for an Achilles Dropship with Galileo Instruments in the DC.

She has the ASF bays stripped and the SI re-enforced along with a bit of up armoring done alongside a 1st Class Cabin installed.

Its to be painted cherry red with white racing stripes.

SI reinforcement is easier said than done. It involves a change to the core structure. The other elements are doable.

Peoples is complicated.
No kidding.

Or terrorist attacks. But it goes off swimmingly. It's out of a movie damned near... it's a white wedding for the story books.

On the announcement of the Taurian March the crowd lost thier mind when they realize what you've done.

You just got it back. And between this and the attack on the confederation... you got it ALL back.
And a couple more worlds but let's not complicate the story.

I imagine any escape from the reception is with bruised knuckles from shaking so many hands and feet sore from standing on them all day.

Now let's hope things go as well across the border. Well, save worrying about that for a few days. First things first. :p

Hrm ... well, this is a blast from the past. I didn't take part last time on account of my BT lore knowledge being ... well, it's pretty bad. But I'm bored now.

So ... let's see ...

Morgan's a nice unisex name ... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822391/

A six two beanpole with blue eyes and brown hair who's 19 and actually been Trained For This Shit on account of being the legitimate heir ... and it's 3031 which ... means approximately squat to me as I'm bad at remembering dates in the real world, nevermind those of a fictional setting I've not bothered to read the books on.

... welp ...

Morgan was always a quiet child, which was a mixed blessing as he was good at being seen and not heard on one hand, but didn't exactly wow people with taking the initiative. But that was fine with him. He much preferred being in the background, looking in, and seeing what others missed. The fact that he wasn't an adventurous thrill seeker and was perhaps the most security conscious of the Calderon line in his time meant minding him was seen as a cake assignment. Even after he entered schooling he preferred the more logistics and intelligence analysis centered courses. While Battlemech training was mandatory, seeing as it was an military academy and all, he's always seen them as a bit silly and overly emphasized, preferring to approach exercises fielded with a combined arms approach instead. Prior to December, he'd been fully expecting to make a career out of being a staff officer for a while and segue into MI, spend some years there, and then go into business ... that's ... not really an option anymore tho ...

You said your second date was 3025. Which do you want to take?

She'd probably make a good press manager eventually.

Perhaps, but Akeno seems more interested in commanding tanks and raising a family.

Worse things can happen. I just want TMI to read all letters before they go out and after she's read them. Make sure opsec is kept. People have a way of letting slip in gossip.

Aunt Ayala understands the need for security, and geez its almost as if her secretary is a TMI agent. Its also lead to a discussion of war poetry that came from the desperate days as the SLDF slowly peeled away the massively interlocked orbital fortress's of the Re-unification war.

Wonderful.

I show her some of the new Fuel Cell tanks and actually have an idea. How would she like to help develop a battletank?

What does she think would make a good tank? We could have a team look into the idea.

Akeno's rather happy with the Fuel Cell Vedettes. Apart from its practical size the fuel cell has it carrying a very respectable weight of armor along with a potent one two punch of an AC and SRM.

Really unless the TC discovers how to rebuild Gauss Rifles that are close to the Star League's old tech in size and reliability (You could build a 30 ton Gauss Rifle that does 2/3 of the damage at 2/3 of the range right now), its sitting pretty in the best intersection of speed, weapons and armor.

That's what I'd like to do, along with some options to basically help keep them in a fighting trim.

Roll 2d6 for Canton Improvements

Great. It's a wonderful mech for civil control. Cheap, compact, and not very threatening looking. It'll need some changes to its kit though to make it so it has some valid civilian side uses.

Hat-In-the-Ring alongside the Constabulary end up developing the Fluid Gun. Tied in with a fluid suction system it gives alternatives for crowd control beyond "I open fire with Machine Guns and or Flamers"

I'd rather build another dedicated mechanized warfare school and hell... lets see about some infantry academies as well.

Infantry Academies you've got lots of, most planets sport one or more of those. The big deals are ASF, Mech, Dropship, Gunship, Combat Vee and Arty Academies. TEM covers all the ground pounders while TNI covers space, Samantha Flight School covers ASF. Now the Flaum Artillery Academy covers arty.

A brand new Mech and Combat Vee Academy will be a big undertaking. However TDF staff believe they can have ground broken and staff built up for an entry of early 3028.

Where's the new Academy to be located?

Yeah. both the noble regiments and the TDF. :p

And I do want a Toro just because the protector must own at least a Toro. And of course Black Bessie is restored to her rightful place with fanfare. Though I do float the idea of her rather than being an over glorified statue, being a piloted honor guard unit.

You get the first regular production Toro delivered with a good deal of fanfare late in 3026.

Black Bessie gets a place a pride for the ceremonial guard unit for the Taurian Re-unification war memorial

He gets some funding for expanding the fine arts education.

Grover endows additional science scholarships at the MacLeod's Land university as well.

Nice. Would PPL be interested in playing with LAMs?

With all the expansions and new mech lines going on PPL's feeling that they're hitting the limits of their ability to expand at the moment. Going too fast might bollox up the whole works.

"Like what?" I ask her. "Maybe leak some images of us soaking in a hot spring? Nothing naughty but enough to remind him of how close we are?"

"Fufufufu," Akeno chortles in agreement. "That would do it nicely."

Is she alive? Because if she is and Akeno's father isn't, then I officially invite her to join us in the Concordant as an honored guest. Akeno would very much desire the presence of her mother and I loathe to deny her anything reasonable.

Terrorists acting in the name of the Rasalhauge separatists firebombed the upscale resort her parents had taken to as a retreat four years ago. The ISF response was even heavier handed than usual, while proof was never found its believed LOKI at the very least trained and supplied the terrorists.

Sadly not, Adrianna after her fiance's death threw herself into diplomatic work as a way of dealing with her grief. So she's 31, a skilled diplomat and sans children.

And if everything goes to plan by 3050 I'll be ready to be the brick wall the clans crash into.

Heh, no plans for invading them first?

I like to save the name Minotaur for our first domestically produced 100 ton assault mech.

Noted

TDF will. I don't want the Fuel Cell tech to spread very fast without people sitting down and talking to me directly.

Scarborough isn't bother by this at all. They do however ensure that they've got all their permits in place to export ICE versions of their hovercraft.

I'm not going to be releasing it for a while. Want to get the most out of the cores first.

I enlist help in writing a reply.

Mayumi tracks down a very skilled poet in traditional Japanese poetry for you. Say what you will about Takashi but he's a powerful poet in his specific field.

Seriously, we have a PLANET we can throw at this fucker? 5 damned regiments. FIVE.

The problem is that the Big Mac knows this fact as well.

Problem is getting to the point I can plan a major campaign in their direction by 3028.

Unless you suddenly acquire a 5 Regiment Mech Unit * cough, cough * a Corps is about the maximum you can throw at a campaign.

I'd like to spend some time getting to know her. I'm open, honest, and friendly.

Emma's polite, extremely careful in her word selection and more than willing to talk Mechs. She's currently piloting a Stalker Assault Mech inherited from her father.

Again, open honest and friendly.

Good news Helena Humphries, a lovely young woman of 16 years of age (almost 17!) is become somewhat infatuated with you.

Bad news Duchess Catherine Humphries has saddled her with a group of no nonsense chaperone's to ensure teenage hormones get free reign.

She's a big fan of basketball, plays volleyball and is interested in working in the field of Aerospace working on ASF.

Need to work on this, but the CapCom shanking is part of it. We can work out some of the details now and solidify it later.

Though I do know one thing. Kyalla has no intention to ever honor anything with the defense pact.

Kyalla also artfully suggests that the two of you retire to the chambers of her Princess dropship for a few private negotiations.

Apart from technical assistance (medical for the CapCon, ASF & Combined arms for Andurien and TC for well everything else), all three will do officer exchanges, and purchase of military goods will be sans tariffs.

Well, I'd rather they keep the others from finding it than find it themselves if it comes to that.

They'll keep working on it.

As I basically own TMI I'd be happy to cut a deal.

I'm sure we have some very long discussions on the subject in my personal quarters :p

After an enthusiastic welcome Lady Kelly eventually gets to the point, what Victoria Arms really needs is assistance getting a VOX 280 Engine line set up. In this case she has access to enough bits, bobs and specs to set up a Grasshopper line but no engine.

TMI produces the Warhammer which uses the VOX 280.

TMI is upping recruitment and training to cover all the jobs that need doing. They're being stretched but its not an awful situation.

Replacing the ConLee ICE 105 engine for the Saracen, Saladin and Scimitar is proving a bit of a pain, but not too much of a one. TDF engineers figure they'll have a refit kit for Fuel Cells ready by January 3027

With the data from the Helm Core your KF Physicists are roughly penciling in 3032-5 for having cracking the math for Compact Cores

That's not making monkey copies, but knowing how to design and build new Cores

3033-3036 for cracking the math for building new BIG Transit drives

You've got enough cached weapons to reverse engineer NAC's, Naval Lasers and Cap Missiles. On top of that you've got the tooling specs on how to make Transit Drives for Concordat Frigates.

Just the drives, nothing else though. So in theory and with a lot of work you could make a 440,000 ton Monitor capable of 2G/3G or a 220,000 ton Monitor capable of 4G/8G

Archie McCarron is interested but he's highlighted his biggest problem. To activate the early entry clause would require him paying the CapCon a Billion C-Bills.

[dice]2393[/dice]

Fuck my life. Seriously, that is the most mindbogglingly meh and utterly unexceptional set of rolls I've ever fucking seen! Talk about riding the goddamned average.

Geez lucky enough I was aiming for 7 with most of them.

The Wolfs Dragoons reply comes via Blackwell with some hemming and hawing and so forth that gives the message that the unsolicited offer is welcome but they want time to think things through.

On As Semik Marques Rani Mukherjee welcomes you to her home-world with a triumphal march that includes Elephants, genetically modified Tigers (they now identify humans as kittens to be cared for), dozens of bands and in general an over the top entrance worthy of the greatest films.

She might just be rubbing into the faces of her local lords that she's landed a much more powerful and richer man than any of them could ever become.

Several days after thoroughly exploring and using every square inch of Rani's most private palace the First Prince shows up much more discretely.

"My Lords," Rani announces after welcoming Hanse into her home "I shall withdraw to prepare for tonight's meal.

"The Concordat's found a Star League memory core," Hanse cuts right to the chase. "An uncorrupted, readable memory core with those J/U water filter trucks on them. For whose universal distribution you have my personal thanks."

"What else is on it?"

Pirates tend to range very far to find soft targets. He's offering you a set of targets and a hidden base in dark space if you're willing to range in a direction that pleases him ;)

So its pretty much setting up pirates in a hidden base to hit targets in the DC for him.

Samantha's pretty much going to pass this one up.

Alright. And Dutch would mind a lordship over the next pirate infested hellhole they capture. ;)

Unless there's a little world the Badlands Cluster was pretty much it for worlds near the TC. Tortuga is to far to effectively claim as a settlement, raid the crap out of sure.

She frowns at that. "I've heard of the Minnesota tribe. I did not know that."

Her frown deepens. "2825."

"No body knows where they ended up, just vanished into the darkness of space." Samantha remarks.

"We're a mercenary unit. We do not have those levels of assets and I cannot speak for Col Wolf on our future employment plans."

OOC: Sorry Psycko though I was being clear that Samantha wanted the Dragoons to basically be traders. They order a set of Jumpship manufacturing equipment from the SLDF-in-exile Samantha get gouged XD

"Do consider the Concordat interested in employing the Dragoons in the future," Samantha replies.

She frowns. "The political situation is complicated."

"Oh dear," Samantha remarks. "Still an invasion by merchants and traders is better than one with military force. Someone with an intact shipyard and decent production rates would make a killing selling jumpships."

She blinks. "Yes. Why?"

Samantha merely groans "Pregnancy has its own damn risks and complications. Limiting it. Argh!"

"The technology is not for sale."

"Ah" Samantha says dryly "Any chance of big subsidies to establish a clinic with said technologies inside the Concordat wholly owned and operated by the Wolfs Dragoons be of interest?"

After the meeting Samantha apart from ensuring she gives several more one time pads to Natasha to take back suggests that the Black Widow Company might enjoy a training exercise against the Taurian Guards

Right.

Both. Just no tango.

Heh well Samantha takes him two stepping for an evening later on that week, so apart from being a young son of the ruler of Oriente what else does Edgar do?

"He will discuss it with his celestial wisdom."

And Samantha does have it told to her that House Liao's credit is kinda shit.

Which is why Samantha's going take Rollis as collateral ...... even if House Liao doesn't know that

In this case it was more Samantha going "I'm interested but I'm not quite interested enough to bit on that hook. Yet"

2d6 labeled Happy Fun Times

:p

[dice]2408[/dice]

Argh! low dice, you're supposed to be low

"I shall do my best to impress, m'ady."

On that note does Ivan impress later than evening?

Heh.

Woman's like a goddamned machine. Though she is a bit loopy at times.

Heh. And is Samantha's only scheduled stress relief from work each and every day. Nothing like a good old muscle burn to relax a bit

SI reinforcement is easier said than done. It involves a change to the core structure. The other elements are doable.

Samantha was rather hoping building in SI reinforcement from the ground up on a new build Achilles would be possible.

And a couple more worlds but let's not complicate the story.

Aye. The rallying cry for those added planets was "Interest Due"

And another Wedding Guests: Kyalla Centrilla and her much beliegered husband.

I imagine any escape from the reception is with bruised knuckles from shaking so many hands and feet sore from standing on them all day.

You're both exhausted. Ian suggests a soak in the hot tub as the first step of married life.

Now let's hope things go as well across the border. Well, save worrying about that for a few days. First things first. :p

He pulls out a hand illuminated(!) copy of the Kama-Sutra (a private wedding gift from one of his worlds) and turns to chapter 1...

"My treasure, where would you like to begin?" he has a twinkle in his eye.

You two vanish for several days.

Perhaps, but Akeno seems more interested in commanding tanks and raising a family.

And thus she shall command tanks and raise a family.

Aunt Ayala understands the need for security, and geez its almost as if her secretary is a TMI agent. Its also lead to a discussion of war poetry that came from the desperate days as the SLDF slowly peeled away the massively interlocked orbital fortress's of the Re-unification war.

Speaking of which, how would a show like Firefly done as a post-Re-unification war drama go over?

Akeno's rather happy with the Fuel Cell Vedettes. Apart from its practical size the fuel cell has it carrying a very respectable weight of armor along with a potent one two punch of an AC and SRM.

It is a lovely little tank. And she does get one of her own.

Though I do commission a tank in her honor. A fusion tank actually. One she might enjoy.

You know the canon Myrmidon? I'd like to have it put under R&D.

Really unless the TC discovers how to rebuild Gauss Rifles that are close to the Star League's old tech in size and reliability (You could build a 30 ton Gauss Rifle that does 2/3 of the damage at 2/3 of the range right now), its sitting pretty in the best intersection of speed, weapons and armor.

They're high on the priority list

Roll 2d6 for Canton Improvements

Righto

Hat-In-the-Ring alongside the Constabulary end up developing the Fluid Gun. Tied in with a fluid suction system it gives alternatives for crowd control beyond "I open fire with Machine Guns and or Flamers"

Wonderful.

Infantry Academies you've got lots of, most planets sport one or more of those. The big deals are ASF, Mech, Dropship, Gunship, Combat Vee and Arty Academies. TEM covers all the ground pounders while TNI covers space, Samantha Flight School covers ASF. Now the Flaum Artillery Academy covers arty.

Ah. Well, I was hoping to have it be an elite academy. One that I could eventually segway into a special operations and Battlearmor school.

A brand new Mech and Combat Vee Academy will be a big undertaking. However TDF staff believe they can have ground broken and staff built up for an entry of early 3028.

Where's the new Academy to be located?

I'll take suggestions.

You get the first regular production Toro delivered with a good deal of fanfare late in 3026.

Black Bessie gets a place a pride for the ceremonial guard unit for the Taurian Re-unification war memorial

I give a really good speech. ^_^

Grover endows additional science scholarships at the MacLeod's Land university as well.

Good

With all the expansions and new mech lines going on PPL's feeling that they're hitting the limits of their ability to expand at the moment. Going too fast might bollox up the whole works.

Understood. When do they think they'll have a capacity?

"Fufufufu," Akeno chortles in agreement. "That would do it nicely."

I make sure its touching, tasteful, and a bit wink and nod naughty. Her in the crook of my arm, both of us cuddling while in a hot spring looking like very much two young lovers in the midst of a tender moment of chaste affection.

Terrorists acting in the name of the Rasalhauge separatists firebombed the upscale resort her parents had taken to as a retreat four years ago. The ISF response was even heavier handed than usual, while proof was never found its believed LOKI at the very least trained and supplied the terrorists.

I wince. "I know what it's like. As much as I respect Katrina Steiner's claimed desire for peace, she needs to do a better job of keeping her dogs on a leash."

Sadly not, Adrianna after her fiance's death threw herself into diplomatic work as a way of dealing with her grief. So she's 31, a skilled diplomat and sans children.

I'm friendly and polite though at this point I'm not actively going to be trying to worm my way into her bed. But I will become a friend and see what happens.

Heh, no plans for invading them first?

Not at the moment. Lets talk to the 'goons first.

A conversation I'd like to have a bit later.

Scarborough isn't bother by this at all. They do however ensure that they've got all their permits in place to export ICE versions of their hovercraft.

Anything to improve the export industry of the Taurian Concordant.

Mayumi tracks down a very skilled poet in traditional Japanese poetry for you. Say what you will about Takashi but he's a powerful poet in his specific field.

And I have him teach me. Soon we call be communicating in Haiku.

The problem is that the Big Mac knows this fact as well.

Yeah.

Unless you suddenly acquire a 5 Regiment Mech Unit * cough, cough * a Corps is about the maximum you can throw at a campaign.

Heh.

Emma's polite, extremely careful in her word selection and more than willing to talk Mechs. She's currently piloting a Stalker Assault Mech inherited from her father.

We talk 'mechs and I have mine with me. How about we talk in the language of Mechwarriors and do a spar. Or we could simply hop over to a couple of simulator pods if her mother doesn't want us shooting at each other with training munitions. :p

I'm extremely enthusiastic about the topic of mechs.

Good news Helena Humphries, a lovely young woman of 16 years of age (almost 17!) is become somewhat infatuated with you.

Bad news Duchess Catherine Humphries has saddled her with a group of no nonsense chaperone's to ensure teenage hormones get free reign

Drat. :p

Well, I'm sure we become good friends.

She's a big fan of basketball, plays volleyball and is interested in working in the field of Aerospace working on ASF.

I like Volleyball... and we talk ASFs which I probably have a VERY good knowlidge of after my several motion films.

How does she like those anyways?

Kyalla also artfully suggests that the two of you retire to the chambers of her Princess dropship for a few private negotiations.

I'm extremely friendly, but politely decline.

Apart from technical assistance (medical for the CapCon, ASF & Combined arms for Andurien and TC for well everything else), all three will do officer exchanges, and purchase of military goods will be sans tariffs.

Don't you mean Canopians?

Very good.

They'll keep working on it.

Very good.

After an enthusiastic welcome Lady Kelly eventually gets to the point, what Victoria Arms really needs is assistance getting a VOX 280 Engine line set up. In this case she has access to enough bits, bobs and specs to set up a Grasshopper line but no engine.

TMI produces the Warhammer which uses the VOX 280.

I'll arrange it personally.

So what does she think of what I've done with the Concordant so far?

Note: I'm going to be using this as a chance to start getting her thinking switching sides is an option.

TMI is upping recruitment and training to cover all the jobs that need doing. They're being stretched but its not an awful situation.

Understood.

Replacing the ConLee ICE 105 engine for the Saracen, Saladin and Scimitar is proving a bit of a pain, but not too much of a one. TDF engineers figure they'll have a refit kit for Fuel Cells ready by January 3027

Cool. Would it be a good idea to start mass producing the components they can figure out now?

With the data from the Helm Core your KF Physicists are roughly penciling in 3032-5 for having cracking the math for Compact Cores

That's not making monkey copies, but knowing how to design and build new Cores

Very good.

3033-3036 for cracking the math for building new BIG Transit drives

Cool. Very cool.

You've got enough cached weapons to reverse engineer NAC's, Naval Lasers and Cap Missiles.

Do it. Put cap missiles at the top of the list. And figure out how to put nukes on them.

And I'd like a study in lighter weight versions of each. "Sub-capitol" weapons designed as secondaries on capitol ships and main guns on pocket warships.

I'd like a leopard designed that replaces its mech and ASF bays with a capitol missile launcher.

On top of that you've got the tooling specs on how to make Transit Drives for Concordat Frigates.

Well, I guess its safe to say we know the tonnage of the Concordants first two new build warships... ^_^

Just the drives, nothing else though. So in theory and with a lot of work you could make a 440,000 ton Monitor capable of 2G/3G or a 220,000 ton Monitor capable of 4G/8G

According to Canon monitors were a failed idea, sadly. :(

Archie McCarron is interested but he's highlighted his biggest problem. To activate the early entry clause would require him paying the CapCon a Billion C-Bills.

I believe my reaction can best be described as a politically polite version of...

Geez lucky enough I was aiming for 7 with most of them.

Heh.

The Wolfs Dragoons reply comes via Blackwell with some hemming and hawing and so forth that gives the message that the unsolicited offer is welcome but they want time to think things through.

Alright. And I give TMI the go ahead to start planning for Grand Theft Combat Vee if it doesn't go off.

On As Semik Marques Rani Mukherjee welcomes you to her home-world with a triumphal march that includes Elephants, genetically modified Tigers (they now identify humans as kittens to be cared for), dozens of bands and in general an over the top entrance worthy of the greatest films.

She might just be rubbing into the faces of her local lords that she's landed a much more powerful and richer man than any of them could ever become.

Basically she's going to eventually marry one of the top ten most powerful men alive. I enjoy it and probably feel like Aladdin.

I make sure to greet her with a tender kiss and thanks for her troubles. Though out of all the wonder and beauty of the display, she's the crown jewel of this world.

Several days after thoroughly exploring and using every square inch of Rani's most private palace the First Prince shows up much more discretely.

Heh.

"My Lords," Rani announces after welcoming Hanse into her home "I shall withdraw to prepare for tonight's meal.

I nod.

"The Concordat's found a Star League memory core," Hanse cuts right to the chase. "An uncorrupted, readable memory core with those J/U water filter trucks on them. For whose universal distribution you have my personal thanks."

"What else is on it?"

I look at him. "I'd like assurances of the security of this room before we talk."

I lift a finder. "Before we begin, I have a gift for you before we begin, a symbol of friendship and respect... consider this my way of saying thank you for all the Federated Suns has done for me"

I pass him forward a datapad. On it are the specs for the Battleaxe, Hammerhands, and Swordsman.

I let him react. "As for the core, it's probably easier to list the information I don't have. Fax Machines, the Ultra-Compact Core technology that drove the Bugeye, production schematics for warships, and the control systems for the Regan SAS. Beyond that it's a safe assumption that baring Comstar interference the Concordat will be on the same general technological level as the pre-Amaris Terran Hegemony by 3040."

I let that sink in. "I'm willing to spare the spoils of my victory. Sure there might be a couple bits I'd like to keep close to the chest for now, but on the whole I'd be willing to share some of the spoils with a friend... in exchange for something of equivalent value. Which considering that this is literally beyond price, would have to be of equal value and impact to my people."

My end desire is to get the "Lost Worlds" back. I'm willing to make Lisa one of my wives if I have to. Though I make it clear. I have some other plans in the making as well that will involve a complicated series of marrage alliances that if all comes to fruition will lead to the Concordant being the second most powerful force in the Inner Sphere after the Federated Commonwealth...and if we do this right, our nations will be natural allies bound by an extremely tight network of blood and comradely.

Though if I think I could manage it... I would like him to correct one internal wrong. the United Hindu Collective was fully brought directly into the Crucis March under the direct authority of the first price during the first succession war. A somewhat blatant power grab. I'd like to encourage him to him consider revising that decision. And possibly making Rani the Duchesss. ;)

Of course I do have other concerns.

First, I know about the secret aspects of the FedCom Treaty. I know that he probably is going to be attacking Confederation... knowing him, he'd probably declare war by making it his wedding gift. And I'd like to join in that game. In fact, I have 'friends' who've independently voiced a desire to so something similar.

I want in. As in I have friends who want to join in. How would he feel about a Taurian lead coalition including the Magistracy of Canopus and Duchy of Andurien striking at the Confederation as the same time as his own attack? There's also a solid chance I'd be able to get the ruler of Victoria to defect outright once the shooting starts giving the Concordant a secure supply base deep within the Confederation itself.

Plus a major duchy outright succeeding would give the Free World's League something to worry about that isn't Katrina Steiner at just the moment they needed to worry about Katrina Steiner. ;)

My guess is that he'd probably be able to get as far as Sarna or Capalla before Comstar manufactured an excuse to put him and House Steiner under interdiction. With their forces decided between two fronts, we might very well be able to eat the entire pig or at least ravage the Confederation so badly it'll never be able to recover.

Now, about Comstar. I'll tell him what I've been able to 'uncover' about thier plans. About Conrad Toyama's ideology and Operation Holy Shroud. I have no physical evidence on hand but I'm sure MIIO could fill in the blanks once they're given a framework. Though Comstar is the greatest threat to all of our plans.

I also need some of the Federated Suns old one time pads that the Dragoons have the mates for. I need to talk to Jamie Wolf in absolute secrecy and frankly, I don't trust the phone company for obvious reasons.

Beyond that I know the locations of some very sweet bits of lostech in the general region that they'd be able to attack and I couldn't...

Oh, and part of any big alliance deal would be I want a fax machine.

So its pretty much setting up pirates in a hidden base to hit targets in the DC for him.

Samantha's pretty much going to pass this one up.

You sure? He's willing to basically give you the MIIO list of everything worth stealing. Plus he'd be willing to subsidize any operations...

Yes, he wants to have his way with you on this one but it's very much...

Unless there's a little world the Badlands Cluster was pretty much it for worlds near the TC. Tortuga is to far to effectively claim as a settlement, raid the crap out of sure.

2d6 ;)

"No body knows where they ended up, just vanished into the darkness of space." Samantha remarks.

"I'd like every bit of intel you have on them."

OOC: Sorry Psycko though I was being clear that Samantha wanted the Dragoons to basically be traders. They order a set of Jumpship manufacturing equipment from the SLDF-in-exile Samantha get gouged XD

If its mentioned, she's clear. They're not currently in contact.

"Do consider the Concordat interested in employing the Dragoons in the future," Samantha replies.

She nods.

"Oh dear," Samantha remarks. "Still an invasion by merchants and traders is better than one with military force. Someone with an intact shipyard and decent production rates would make a killing selling jumpships."

She frowns for a moment looking lost in thought then frowns. "The Clans are a military dominated society. Our merchant caste is subordinate to the needs and will of the warriors."

Samantha merely groans "Pregnancy has its own damn risks and complications. Limiting it. Argh!"

She nods.

"Ah" Samantha says dryly "Any chance of big subsidies to establish a clinic with said technologies inside the Concordat wholly owned and operated by the Wolfs Dragoons be of interest?"

"At the moment, absolutely none."

After the meeting Samantha apart from ensuring she gives several more one time pads to Natasha to take back suggests that the Black Widow Company might enjoy a training exercise against the Taurian Guards

She accepts it.

Heh well Samantha takes him two stepping for an evening later on that week, so apart from being a young son of the ruler of Oriente what else does Edgar do?

He serves in the 3rd Fusiliers of Oriente and is involved with Oriente Weapon Works.

Which is why Samantha's going take Rollis as collateral ...... even if House Liao doesn't know that

Ha!

In this case it was more Samantha going "I'm interested but I'm not quite interested enough to bit on that hook. Yet"

You made it sound like she was willing to put a couple people on the project just to poke it with a stick.

[dice]2408[/dice]

Argh! low dice, you're supposed to be low

Her world gets ABSOLUTELY ROCKED.

Basically when the student is ready, the master will come... and this woman is basically The Master. :p

On that note does Ivan impress later than evening?

He has stamina for sure, but is lacking in technique. Basically he wants to be a good lover, but no woman's ever been willing to give honest C&C due to his name and connections ;)

One does not tell the Archon's fantastically rich nephew he's only okay in bed ;)

Heh. And is Samantha's only scheduled stress relief from work each and every day. Nothing like a good old muscle burn to relax a bit

heh

Samantha was rather hoping building in SI reinforcement from the ground up on a new build Achilles would be possible.

2d6

And there's been a bombing in the Capallan Confederation. Lady Elizabeth Jordan Liao is dead. Seems to have been a failed attempt on Maximilian's life... the isn't enough of her left to fill a shoebox.

Hrm ... well, this is a blast from the past. I didn't take part last time on account of my BT lore knowledge being ... well, it's pretty bad. But I'm bored now.

So ... let's see ...

Morgan's a nice unisex name ... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4822391/

A six two beanpole with blue eyes and brown hair who's 19 and actually been Trained For This Shit on account of being the legitimate heir ... and it's 3025 which ... means approximately squat to me as I'm bad at remembering dates in the real world, nevermind those of a fictional setting I've not bothered to read the books on.

More he's low enough on the list to actually be a natural choice and not considered stretching it or needing desperate action to find.

Morgan was always a quiet child, which was a mixed blessing as he was good at being seen and not heard on one hand, but didn't exactly wow people with taking the initiative. But that was fine with him. He much preferred being in the background, looking in, and seeing what others missed. The fact that he wasn't an adventurous thrill seeker and was perhaps the most security conscious of the Calderon line in his time meant minding him was seen as a cake assignment. Even after he entered schooling he preferred the more logistics and intelligence analysis centered courses. While Battlemech training was mandatory, seeing as it was an military academy and all, he's always seen them as a bit silly and overly emphasized, preferring to approach exercises fielded with a combined arms approach instead. Prior to December, he'd been fully expecting to make a career out of being a staff officer for a while and segue into MI, spend some years there, and then go into business ... that's ... not really an option anymore tho ...

He was kept from joining the party that lead to the near extinction of his house because his unit was tied up handling a series of pirate raids and it was seen as unbecoming for him to leave simply for a family get together.

After, he was rushed to Samantha and after a great deal of effort putting all thier affairs to order, he's been confirmed as the 23rd protector of the Taurian Concordant.

Aye. The rallying cry for those added planets was "Interest Due"

And another Wedding Guests: Kyalla Centrilla and her much beliegered husband.
Well nice to meet her. Does she have a specific agenda or is she mooching.

You're both exhausted. Ian suggests a soak in the hot tub as the first step of married life.
Not a bad idea.

He pulls out a hand illuminated(!) copy of the Kama-Sutra (a private wedding gift from one of his worlds) and turns to chapter 1...

"My treasure, where would you like to begin?" he has a twinkle in his eye.

You two vanish for several days.
Sounds about right.

To return to the military side of things for a moment, what will the March Militia units of the Taurian March be? There are March Militias for Warren and Ridgebrook, both of which are part of the new March, but they're both losing large slices of their associated PDZs.

Well nice to meet her. Does she have a specific agenda or is she mooching.

Well, she starts dropping hints about an alliance. Or at least greater trade and contact.

And dropping hints to her being available for a threesome should either of you be interested. After all, maximum fun times to be had.

It quickly turns into cuddling and making out, followed by...

d100 plez

Sounds about right.

To return to the military side of things for a moment, what will the March Militia units of the Taurian March be? There are March Militias for Warren and Ridgebrook, both of which are part of the new March, but they're both losing large slices of their associated PDZs.

He's reorganizing several of the PDZs as a result of the union.

The remaining worlds of the Altar PDZ are being added to the Alcyone PDZ. The remaining worlds of the Warren PDZ are being added to the New Sytis PDZ. The March Militia units now native to your worlds are being ceded to you.

More he's low enough on the list to actually be a natural choice and not considered stretching it or needing desperate action to find.

Hm. Well, that works too.

He was kept from joining the party that lead to the near extinction of his house because his unit was tied up handling a series of pirate raids and it was seen as unbecoming for him to leave simply for a family get together.

After, he was rushed to Samantha and after a great deal of effort putting all thier affairs to order, he's been confirmed as the 23rd protector of the Taurian Concordant.

Anyone in my old unit I liked well enough and I know is solid gets an invitation to come with. On account of me not being dumb enough to go into THAT nest of vipers without backup. The fact that a lot of the vipers are dead just means the ones who aren't are better camouflaged and harder to notice.

So, what was were my unit and machine anyway? And is the latter getting shipped along as well?

Regardless, the minute I get to meet what is obviously me new security detail, I just give a short and curt 'Brief me.' on the way to wherever we're going.

Well, she starts dropping hints about an alliance. Or at least greater trade and contact.
I'd certainly be delighted to expand our existing trade relationship.

And dropping hints to her being available for a threesome should either of you be interested. After all, maximum fun times to be had.
1. That she's proposing threesome not foursome makes it clear she doesn't respect marriage much.
2. Mine!

But I need to be diplomatic.

It quickly turns into cuddling and making out, followed by...

d100 plez
[dice]2444[/dice]

He's reorganizing several of the PDZs as a result of the union.

The remaining worlds of the Altar PDZ are being added to the Alcyone PDZ. The remaining worlds of the Warren PDZ are being added to the New Sytis PDZ. The March Militia units now native to your worlds are being ceded to you.
Okay. I'll use the line between the old Warren and Altair PDZs as a divider between a new Warren PDZ and Ridgebrook PDZ, which collectively make up the Taurian March.

Then extend the line to go between Sterope and Atreus Prime, carving the Concordat into two Combat Regions: Hyades and Perdition. Each gets its own military administrative structure to parallel the two PDZ military administrations although I won't create new militias for them at this point.

Also, since Max is quiet, I'm going to move the schedule ahead for beginning to build up our regiment numbers. The Concordat Jaegers, Concordat Commandos and Concordat Cuirassiers will each give up two battalions to form the core of what'll become additional regiments of the TDF. The wedding's a good opportunity to announce this and with the larger Concordat and potentially defense obligations to the Taurian March, additional regiments are fairly necessary even if actual 'Mech numbers aren't enough to fill them out yet. (Plus I can promote some deserving battalion commanders).

Organisation is as follows:

Taurian Guards Corps: Taurian Guards (4btn), Taurian Velites (4btn), 1st Concordat Commandos (2btn), 2nd Concordat Jaegers (2btn)
I Corps: 1st Concordat Jaegers (2btn), Red Chasseurs (4btn), 2nd Concordat Commandos (2btn), Gordon's Armored Cavalry (merc)
II Corps: 1st Concordat Cuirassiers (2btn), Hyades Light Infantry (4btn), Concordat Reserve Cavalry (4btn), Longwood's Bluecoats (merc)
III Corps: Pleiades Hussars (4btn), Taurian Lancers (4btn), 2nd Concordat Cuirassiers (2btn), Bannockburn's Bandits (merc)

(As a reminder, we've been building up to a full battalion being 64 'Mechs)

Anyone in my old unit I liked well enough and I know is solid gets an invitation to come with. On account of me not being dumb enough to go into THAT nest of vipers without backup. The fact that a lot of the vipers are dead just means the ones who aren't are better camouflaged and harder to notice.

None of your old unit really are trained for this nest... and ironically as far as royal courts go, the Concordant one is rather calm and direct.

So, what was were my unit and machine anyway? And is the latter getting shipped along as well?

Your unit was the Concordat Jaegers, and your mech is up to you.

Regardless, the minute I get to meet what is obviously me new security detail, I just give a short and curt 'Brief me.' on the way to wherever we're going.

You're facing increased raiding from the Confederation and Capallan March. The border along the Crucis March is quiet but the pirates over in the Pirates Haven cluster are acting up again.

I'd certainly be delighted to expand our existing trade relationship.

Wonderful. She'd very much be interested in war material...

1. That she's proposing threesome not foursome makes it clear she doesn't respect marriage much.

Considering she eventually pisses him off so bad he tries to kill her... not really. She didn't even BRING him.

Heh.

But I need to be diplomatic.

So you don't throw holy water on her and scream "BEGONE SKANK-WHORE!" :p

Thank you. Keep at it.

Okay. I'll use the line between the old Warren and Altair PDZs as a divider between a new Warren PDZ and Ridgebrook PDZ, which collectively make up the Taurian March.

Then extend the line to go between Sterope and Atreus Prime, carving the Concordat into two Combat Regions: Hyades and Perdition. Each gets its own military administrative structure to parallel the two PDZ military administrations although I won't create new militias for them at this point.

They're not quite comfortable breaking the concordant into different military regions yet. You're not quite that big yet.

Also, since Max is quiet, I'm going to move the schedule ahead for beginning to build up our regiment numbers. The Concordat Jaegers, Concordat Commandos and Concordat Cuirassiers will each give up two battalions to form the core of what'll become additional regiments of the TDF. The wedding's a good opportunity to announce this and with the larger Concordat and potentially defense obligations to the Taurian March, additional regiments are fairly necessary even if actual 'Mech numbers aren't enough to fill them out yet. (Plus I can promote some deserving battalion commanders).

They are NOT happy about that.

Organisation is as follows:

Taurian Guards Corps: Taurian Guards (4btn), Taurian Velites (4btn), 1st Concordat Commandos (2btn), 2nd Concordat Jaegers (2btn)
I Corps: 1st Concordat Jaegers (2btn), Red Chasseurs (4btn), 2nd Concordat Commandos (2btn), Gordon's Armored Cavalry (merc)
II Corps: 1st Concordat Cuirassiers (2btn), Hyades Light Infantry (4btn), Concordat Reserve Cavalry (4btn), Longwood's Bluecoats (merc)
III Corps: Pleiades Hussars (4btn), Taurian Lancers (4btn), 2nd Concordat Cuirassiers (2btn), Bannockburn's Bandits (merc)

(As a reminder, we've been building up to a full battalion being 64 'Mechs)

Right. And how do you incorporate the march milita units?

Anyways. After some light tours of the planet and some interviews, it's off to new avalon.

Roll 1d100 and 1d100 again

None of your old unit really are trained for this nest... and ironically as far as royal courts go, the Concordant one is rather calm and direct.

Pity. Still a nest of vipers tho.

Your unit was the Concordat Jaegers, and your mech is up to you.

So I got my first taste of things by fighting off Capellans? Classic. My personal preference would run to either the Wolverine, if we're limited to mediums, or a Grasshopper if heavies come into play. What can I say, I like mechs that are good in a melee.

You're facing increased raiding from the Confederation and Capallan March. The border along the Crucis March is quiet but the pirates over in the Pirates Haven cluster are acting up again.

"These two things cannot possibly be connected," I deadpan. Granted, they might not be and it may just be one side or the other feeling opportunistic, but it's convenient. One thing I'd like to do is getting rid of the Pirate's Haven but I imagine that'll be a slog and a half and we can't really spare the manpower at the moment.

... I'll probably only get the full picture once I'm on Samantha. Not looking forward to the inauguration, but needs must as the devil drives.

Wonderful. She'd very much be interested in war material...
Well that is our major export. Although given her neighbours I should probably at least ask who she expects to need to prepare for (Capellans would be good, Anduriens not so much).

Considering she eventually pisses him off so bad he tries to kill her... not really. She didn't even BRING him.
Sad/

So you don't throw holy water on her and scream "BEGONE SKANK-WHORE!" :p
No. No, I do not say that.

Thank you. Keep at it.
Planning to.

They're not quite comfortable breaking the concordant into different military regions yet. You're not quite that big yet.
We're rather extended at this point - more than 250 light years end to end. Decentralising some decisions would cut communication fees and shorten command loops.

They are NOT happy about that.
What's their reasoning?

Right. And how do you incorporate the march milita units?
For now I don't. They're technically part of the AFFS at this point.

Anyways. After some light tours of the planet and some interviews, it's off to new avalon.

Roll 1d100 and 1d100 again
[dice]2464[/dice]

Speaking of which, how would a show like Firefly done as a post-Re-unification war drama go over?

Just as well as Fox's attempts! The networks in question screw up what could have been a fan favorite

It is a lovely little tank. And she does get one of her own.

Though I do commission a tank in her honor. A fusion tank actually. One she might enjoy.

You know the canon Myrmidon? I'd like to have it put under R&D.

Roll 1d6 for years to design and build

Ah. Well, I was hoping to have it be an elite academy. One that I could eventually segway into a special operations and Battlearmor school.

A Battlearmor school would be popular. Any particular planet you chose to upgrade a military academy from plain old infantry to BA?

I'll take suggestions.

Pinard is viewed as the best choice for a new major military academy. Having an Academy there would solidify the planets importance and capability to defend itself.

I give a really good speech. ^_^
Black Bessie gets welcomed home with a great deal of triumph

Understood. When do they think they'll have a capacity?

For a project like LAMs? 3030ish. They'll have to master and understand an entirely new field of unit production.

Doubling down on known Mech or ASF designs is much easier by contrast.

I make sure its touching, tasteful, and a bit wink and nod naughty. Her in the crook of my arm, both of us cuddling while in a hot spring looking like very much two young lovers in the midst of a tender moment of chaste affection.

Via roundabout methods you learn (from Jasmine) that Takashi was personally very happy to grant Marcus a medical leave of absence from the Otomo.

I wince. "I know what it's like. As much as I respect Katrina Steiner's claimed desire for peace, she needs to do a better job of keeping her dogs on a leash."

"All the Successor States have their hidden daggers," Akeno merely comments.

I'm friendly and polite though at this point I'm not actively going to be trying to worm my way into her bed. But I will become a friend and see what happens.

What happens is Adrianna is a sharp cookie who actively presses the FWL agenda, which in this case happens to be purchasing large quantities of military goods from the Concordat.

Also General Duncan Marik would like to met with you.

Not at the moment. Lets talk to the 'goons first.

A conversation I'd like to have a bit later.

Speaking of talking with the Dragoons planning on tipping them off with any key words?

Anything to improve the export industry of the Taurian Concordant.

Apart from the Mercenary market the FWL seems to be picking up the majority of the ICE units

And I have him teach me. Soon we call be communicating in Haiku.

You're learning, roll 2d6 for Haiku

We talk 'mechs and I have mine with me. How about we talk in the language of Mechwarriors and do a spar. Or we could simply hop over to a couple of simulator pods if her mother doesn't want us shooting at each other with training munitions. :p

I'm extremely enthusiastic about the topic of mechs.

You've found a topic Emma is actually willing to talk about. Even in your simulator clashes (you win 3 times out of 4) Emma doesn't hold a grudge but fights you for every battle.

Outside of mechs, it seems Emma has a bundle of trust issues ~ you'd bet from her mother's own behavior.

Drat. :p

Well, I'm sure we become good friends.

I like Volleyball... and we talk ASFs which I probably have a VERY good knowlidge of after my several motion films.

How does she like those anyways?

Helena found the first awful movie hilarious, its been trading rather well as a bad movie. She does however stick up for the Stingray as a superior ASF design.

Miriam on the other hand quickly picks up writing to Helena (her letters are of course being double checked), purely for the relief of having someone her own age to talk too.

While avoiding Helena's gushing about you Miriam finds her a fast friend.

I'm extremely friendly, but politely decline.

Kyalla's seemingly disappointed but not utter surprised, the next day her current husband is waddling a bit however

Don't you mean Canopians?

Very good.

Ahem yes. Your various ministries get to working on the details.

I'll arrange it personally.

So what does she think of what I've done with the Concordant so far?

Note: I'm going to be using this as a chance to start getting her thinking switching sides is an option.

You get a very enthusiastic thank-you roll 1d100.

When news about the Big Mac occurs you get a one time pad message that's stating when the MAC come back for their landhold on Menke she'll want a few days to 'properly submit' to the new Lord for the region

Cool. Would it be a good idea to start mass producing the components they can figure out now?

A solid suggestion, they assume you're throwing bulls at the various parts manufacturing industries

Do it. Put cap missiles at the top of the list. And figure out how to put nukes on them.

And I'd like a study in lighter weight versions of each. "Sub-capitol" weapons designed as secondaries on capitol ships and main guns on pocket warships.

I'd like a leopard designed that replaces its mech and ASF bays with a capitol missile launcher.

Roll 2d6 for Cap Missiles, 2d6 for Subcap's

Well, I guess its safe to say we know the tonnage of the Concordants first two new build warships... ^_^

According to Canon monitors were a failed idea, sadly. :(

According to the HAF which had plenty of reasons to sink them. They did have a point on the non jumpable factor.

Realistically a 100kton+ monitor is going to have to soak 25% mass penalty in a Keel.

Practically speaking any monitors above 100 KT can't be jumped, however mega monitors would be ideal for say the Hyades cluster

I believe my reaction can best be described as a politically polite version of...

January 1st 3027 the MAC will have officially severed its contract with the CapCon and transfer to the TC. The MAC however is shipping its dependents out early.

Also it seems Archie McCarron doesn't want a permanent landhold just yet "I like Menke just fine"

Alright. And I give TMI the go ahead to start planning for Grand Theft Combat Vee if it doesn't go off.

Three months later roughly August 3026 the Blackwell Rep gives the okay for a limited production run.

Basically she's going to eventually marry one of the top ten most powerful men alive. I enjoy it and probably feel like Aladdin.

I make sure to greet her with a tender kiss and thanks for her troubles. Though out of all the wonder and beauty of the display, she's the crown jewel of this world.

Sadly no Genie to help the entrance along

Rani promptly follows that with an aggressive kiss that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind

I look at him. "I'd like assurances of the security of this room before we talk."

I lift a finder. "Before we begin, I have a gift for you before we begin, a symbol of friendship and respect... consider this my way of saying thank you for all the Federated Suns has done for me"

I pass him forward a datapad. On it are the specs for the Battleaxe, Hammerhands, and Swordsman.

Hanse's eyes just lights up as he realizes that it's the tooling specs for the Hammerhands and the other units. "That is a magnificent gift, one I'm astonished and extremely pleased to receive."

I let him react. "As for the core, it's probably easier to list the information I don't have. Fax Machines, the Ultra-Compact Core technology that drove the Bugeye, production schematics for warships, and the control systems for the Regan SAS. Beyond that it's a safe assumption that baring Comstar interference the Concordat will be on the same general technological level as the pre-Amaris Terran Hegemony by 3040."

Hanse just gaps in astonishment at the list of technologies. You've found a holy grail.

I let that sink in. "I'm willing to spare the spoils of my victory. Sure there might be a couple bits I'd like to keep close to the chest for now, but on the whole I'd be willing to share some of the spoils with a friend... in exchange for something of equivalent value. Which considering that this is literally beyond price, would have to be of equal value and impact to my people."

My end desire is to get the "Lost Worlds" back. I'm willing to make Lisa one of my wives if I have to. Though I make it clear. I have some other plans in the making as well that will involve a complicated series of marrage alliances that if all comes to fruition will lead to the Concordant being the second most powerful force in the Inner Sphere after the Federated Commonwealth...and if we do this right, our nations will be natural allies bound by an extremely tight network of blood and comradely.

A small grin rises across Hanse's face as he starts picturing the future.

Though if I think I could manage it... I would like him to correct one internal wrong. the United Hindu Collective was fully brought directly into the Crucis March under the direct authority of the first price during the first succession war. A somewhat blatant power grab. I'd like to encourage him to him consider revising that decision. And possibly making Rani the Duchesss. ;)

Of course I do have other concerns.

First, I know about the secret aspects of the FedCom Treaty. I know that he probably is going to be attacking Confederation... knowing him, he'd probably declare war by making it his wedding gift. And I'd like to join in that game. In fact, I have 'friends' who've independently voiced a desire to so something similar.

I want in. As in I have friends who want to join in. How would he feel about a Taurian lead coalition including the Magistracy of Canopus and Duchy of Andurien striking at the Confederation as the same time as his own attack? There's also a solid chance I'd be able to get the ruler of Victoria to defect outright once the shooting starts giving the Concordant a secure supply base deep within the Confederation itself.

Plus a major duchy outright succeeding would give the Free World's League something to worry about that isn't Katrina Steiner at just the moment they needed to worry about Katrina Steiner. ;)

Hanse quickly begins plotting something in his head. You've basically given him the Inner Sphere at this point.

My guess is that he'd probably be able to get as far as Sarna or Capalla before Comstar manufactured an excuse to put him and House Steiner under interdiction. With their forces decided between two fronts, we might very well be able to eat the entire pig or at least ravage the Confederation so badly it'll never be able to recover.

Now, about Comstar. I'll tell him what I've been able to 'uncover' about thier plans. About Conrad Toyama's ideology and Operation Holy Shroud. I have no physical evidence on hand but I'm sure MIIO could fill in the blanks once they're given a framework. Though Comstar is the greatest threat to all of our plans.

I also need some of the Federated Suns old one time pads that the Dragoons have the mates for. I need to talk to Jamie Wolf in absolute secrecy and frankly, I don't trust the phone company for obvious reasons.

Beyond that I know the locations of some very sweet bits of lostech in the general region that they'd be able to attack and I couldn't...

Oh, and part of any big alliance deal would be I want a fax machine.

"Before I go any further," Hanse asks deadly serious "Would that memory core of yours have specs for HPGs?"

Sadly this is when you both get urgently informed of trouble by Rani.

A force of pirates out for revenge has just jumped into orbit via a pirate point. At roughly a regiment in size, best guess from the dropships they are burning hard for As Semek's surface and will reach it in a few short hours.

At hand Samuel has a Battalion of the Taurian Guard, Hanse has a Battalion of the Davion Heavy Guard and Rani can get a full Company of Mechs in place.

Whose going to take charge of the battle?

Just as well as Fox's attempts! The networks in question screw up what could have been a fan favorite

Well, I buy out the rights to the series and see to having it brought back.

Roll 1d6 for years to design and build

See end of post.

A Battlearmor school would be popular. Any particular planet you chose to upgrade a military academy from plain old infantry to BA?

Well, need to wait for them to build the design first. But I'd like a planet with a large range of environments and biomes to ensure that they learn in every possible environment.

Pinard is viewed as the best choice for a new major military academy. Having an Academy there would solidify the planets importance and capability to defend itself.

Done.

Black Bessie gets welcomed home with a great deal of triumph

I give a speech. It's a good one I hope.

For a project like LAMs? 3030ish. They'll have to master and understand an entirely new field of unit production.

Doubling down on known Mech or ASF designs is much easier by contrast.

I believe lams while not the most powerful war machines do have a their uses. Scouting and helping to secure drop zones is important.

Via roundabout methods you learn (from Jasmine) that Takashi was personally very happy to grant Marcus a medical leave of absence from the Otomo.

"My dear, I wonder what would have happened had we released one of our sex tapes?"

And how are those underground Combine Manga going over now? :p

I've started a collection for pure amusement value.

"All the Successor States have their hidden daggers," Akeno merely comments.

I nod sadly. "Still, it seems we have more in common than I thought."

What happens is Adrianna is a sharp cookie who actively presses the FWL agenda, which in this case happens to be purchasing large quantities of military goods from the Concordat.

Alright.

Also General Duncan Marik would like to met with you.

I'm up for it.

Speaking of talking with the Dragoons planning on tipping them off with any key words?

Once I have one time pads, yes.

Apart from the Mercenary market the FWL seems to be picking up the majority of the ICE units

Alright.

You're learning, roll 2d6 for Haiku

Rollin'

You've found a topic Emma is actually willing to talk about. Even in your simulator clashes (you win 3 times out of 4) Emma doesn't hold a grudge but fights you for every battle.

I make sure to coach her the best I can and when I lose I all but drill her on what I did wrong. I'm passionate about this and want to see both of us become fine pilots. I have her back.

Outside of mechs, it seems Emma has a bundle of trust issues ~ you'd bet from her mother's own behavior.

I have some behavior problems but on the whole, the but thing is I am honest with the people I care about.

Helena found the first awful movie hilarious, its been trading rather well as a bad movie. She does however stick up for the Stingray as a superior ASF design.

"Well, I've been working on another one..."

I show her the scripts.

:D

Miriam on the other hand quickly picks up writing to Helena (her letters are of course being double checked), purely for the relief of having someone her own age to talk too.

I thought she'd have found friends by now.

While avoiding Helena's gushing about you Miriam finds her a fast friend.

Nice.

Kyalla's seemingly disappointed but not utter surprised, the next day her current husband is waddling a bit however

Well, he had a good night.

I do share a tired look with Emma.

Ahem yes. Your various ministries get to working on the details.

Good. I want a second meeting after we meet with Hanse.

You get a very enthusiastic thank-you roll 1d100.

I'd have wanted to use protection... after the first scare. I'm not ready for kids. But I'll roll :p

When news about the Big Mac occurs you get a one time pad message that's stating when the MAC come back for their landhold on Menke she'll want a few days to 'properly submit' to the new Lord for the region

I send her one myself saying that she should personally hire a formation to "shore up the defenses of the realm" in the region. It's lucky that she 'found' that small germanium cashe. Wink.

Of course since they're under her personal command they will follow her commands...

Basically when the war starts I want her on Victoria with a regiment or more that's ready to flip when she declares for the concordant. And I'll pay for it. Not only will it get her browine points with Liao but it'll make her much more secure.

A solid suggestion, they assume you're throwing bulls at the various parts manufacturing industries

Of course I am.

Roll 2d6 for Cap Missiles, 2d6 for Subcap's

Right.

According to the HAF which had plenty of reasons to sink them. They did have a point on the non jumpable factor.

Realistically a 100kton+ monitor is going to have to soak 25% mass penalty in a Keel.

Practically speaking any monitors above 100 KT can't be jumped, however mega monitors would be ideal for say the Hyades cluster

Alright. Get on them. Though they could be jumpable but you'd need a dedicated yard ship to do it.

January 1st 3027 the MAC will have officially severed its contract with the CapCon and transfer to the TC. The MAC however is shipping its dependents out early.

First set of orders by 1 time pad: Do a quick excavation under your base. You might find something.

Also it seems Archie McCarron doesn't want a permanent landhold just yet "I like Menke just fine"

I give him a grim smile when we talk. "You and that planet were made for each other."

When the war comes he gets it

Three months later roughly August 3026 the Blackwell Rep gives the okay for a limited production run.

when we're given the tooling I'm very clear. The Omnitech is the basis of this program. Between the three we should be able to start designing omnimechs.

I want several started right away. Though I want them to incorporate SL heat-sinks.

Ironically along with an Urbanmech-Omni that is based on standard tech. The reason to make it an omni is simple: Make it of maximum use to the constabulary. They can adjust its loadout to fit mission profiles and even put arms on the damned thing.

Sadly no Genie to help the entrance along

I'll make due.

Rani promptly follows that with an aggressive kiss that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind

"We're going to have to vanish for a couple days."

Hanse's eyes just lights up as he realizes that it's the tooling specs for the Hammerhands and the other units. "That is a magnificent gift, one I'm astonished and extremely pleased to receive."

"My pleasure."

Hanse just gaps in astonishment at the list of technologies. You've found a holy grail.

"I should have waited for you to be drinking something. That spit take would have gone on my wall."

A small grin rises across Hanse's face as he starts picturing the future.

"Don't be too sure. There are factors outside our control. Dangerous ones."

Hanse quickly begins plotting something in his head. You've basically given him the Inner Sphere at this point.

"Care to share."

"Before I go any further," Hanse asks deadly serious "Would that memory core of yours have specs for HPGs?"

"To answer your question, of course. I was going to give it to you no matter what we agreed on."

Sadly this is when you both get urgently informed of trouble by Rani.

Fuck.

A force of pirates out for revenge has just jumped into orbit via a pirate point. At roughly a regiment in size, best guess from the dropships they are burning hard for As Semek's surface and will reach it in a few short hours.

Do we have anything 'more potent' than the average onboard our ships? Because if so I'd be willing to offer to Hanse and Rani that in thanks for her wonderful introduction, that we share the wealth and give these raiders a proper TAURIAN greeting.

If not, this is when I sarcastically comment to both the unit commander and to Hanse that there's a reason we Bulls keep nukes on everything. You never know when a regiment of assholes is going to keep a boot up their ass.

At hand Samuel has a Battalion of the Taurian Guard, Hanse has a Battalion of the Davion Heavy Guard and Rani can get a full Company of Mechs in place.

Whose going to take charge of the battle?

This is a Federated Suns planet so it defaults to Hanse. Plus I don't command that unit. But I will fight to protect the people I love.

As such I will offer plans but in then end its his show.

Though I do ask Rani how many conventional assets she has.

Our advantage here IMHO is combined arms. Between the conventional assets and our mechs we have a substantial firepower advantage.

If she has any tube arty, even better.

Basically I want to hit them hard with arty fire and bombs from conventional while the mechs and tanks play hammer and anvil. Encircle them and force them to surrender.

I also offer EVERY rack mounted thunderbolt missile I have for use on our shared ASF assets. We need to zoom on and open fire on every dropship we can with as many missiles as we can.

Speaking of the Dropships. Once they're committed on the ground I believe we should launch our own dropships and any small craft gunboats we might have with boarding crews in a counter attack. Their jumpships are going to be sitting out there nice and pretty. I believe we should... take full advantage.

We're not leaving any time soon and they're going to be there for the next week, so why not send people there to thank them for and collect their generous contributions to the TDF and AFFS? ;)

They're attacking a planet playing host to two heads of state and vectoring in on the capitol which is the most defended point on the planet. They're going to find themselves getting face to face with the full military might of this world and two pissed off and very important men.
[dice]2568[/dice]
[dice]2569[/dice]

Guess I'm not that good at it

[dice]2570[/dice]

Well shit. Let me guess... Comstar happens and I need to start over from scratch or something? o_O

Seriously. This Dice roller loves to roll high. Always roll high.

[dice]2571[/dice]

Fucking Seriously? I fucking hate this dice roller.

So anyone want to switch to a roll over system? o_O o_O
[dice]2595[/dice]

Last edited:

Well that is our major export. Although given her neighbours I should probably at least ask who she expects to need to prepare for (Capellans would be good, Anduriens not so much).

The Free World's League is the greatest threat to the security of her nation.

Esp once she executes him.

No. No, I do not say that.

But you want to. You know you want to.

Ian's encourage to keep at it as well...

We're rather extended at this point - more than 250 light years end to end. Decentralising some decisions would cut communication fees and shorten command loops.

True. But honestly you're not large enough to warrant it yet. Once you expand the military more they might be more open.

What's their reasoning?

You're dividing some long standing formations. There's going to be grumbling in the ranks no matte what.

For now I don't. They're technically part of the AFFS at this point.

True.

Anything you want to do on the way to new Avalon? Besides more heir making?

And 2d100.

Pity. Still a nest of vipers tho.

Yeah, but its like comparing night and day.

So I got my first taste of things by fighting off Capellans? Classic. My personal preference would run to either the Wolverine, if we're limited to mediums, or a Grasshopper if heavies come into play. What can I say, I like mechs that are good in a melee.

You can have a Grasshooper. Though honestly you could have anything up to and including an assault if you so wish.

"These two things cannot possibly be connected," I deadpan. Granted, they might not be and it may just be one side or the other feeling opportunistic, but it's convenient. One thing I'd like to do is getting rid of the Pirate's Haven but I imagine that'll be a slog and a half and we can't really spare the manpower at the moment.

Actually it's the maps that are the problem. You need to FIND the fuckers first.

... I'll probably only get the full picture once I'm on Samantha. Not looking forward to the inauguration, but needs must as the devil drives.

Considering everything its a rather somber process.

Morgan Calderon

You can have a Grasshooper. Though honestly you could have anything up to and including an assault if you so wish.

I could never get good mileage out of my tries at driving Assault mechs, to be honest. The Grasshopper is just the right mix of mobility, armor and halfway decent firepower for me.

Actually it's the maps that are the problem. You need to FIND the fuckers first.

This is very true. Seeing as I'll probably have plenty of resources on call soon, and once I get familiar with my new assortment of aides, I'll have feelers sent out as to which mercenary outfits out there are currently open to taking a contract. Short term, that'll let the Concordat bolster its response force and let us have actual leeway in terms of reinforcements.

In terms of military, IIRC the Concordat is kind of desperate for decent top-cover. That particular branch of the military is a bit anemic at this point in time, in terms of both ASFs and CAS birds.I'll see if anyone offers suggestions as to how we could fix that before I go throw money at the problem.

Considering everything its a rather somber process.

"Countrymen, comrades ... friends ... in my life I did not, even for a moment, consider I would one day be Protector. There is much that could be said about the conditions, but I would only be repeating others' words. Instead, I give all of you my solemn vow. I will ... no ... _we_ will all make those we lost proud," I pause and grin a crooked grin, "so that when we meet them again, it will be with our heads raised high, and the certainty that we will never have to pay for our own drink of choice in whatever afterlife we end up in. We'll have proven that when the night was darkest, we didn't cower, and we certainly didn't _wait_ for daylight. WE MADE OUR OWN!"

BGM:

The Free World's League is the greatest threat to the security of her nation.
Sounds about right. Well, maybe I can introduce her to James Humphreys.

But you want to. You know you want to.
You know it.

Ian's encourage to keep at it as well...
Good.

True. But honestly you're not large enough to warrant it yet. Once you expand the military more they might be more open.
Speaking of which...

You're dividing some long standing formations. There's going to be grumbling in the ranks no matte what.
These units have been picked because they've shown the merit to act as the backbone of this expansion. It's totally not me just picking them because they all have 'concordat' in the regiment names so it was easy to remember. Plus it means three new colonels, various promotions and so forth.

Anything you want to do on the way to new Avalon? Besides more heir making?
I don't think we're stopping in the Pleiades this way.

[dice]2573[/dice]

Sounds about right. Well, maybe I can introduce her to James Humphreys.

She'd like that very much.

Later that night you heard the two retired to her quarters for some intense negotiation.

Problem is if the holy water actually worked it would start a war.

These units have been picked because they've shown the merit to act as the backbone of this expansion. It's totally not me just picking them because they all have 'concordat' in the regiment names so it was easy to remember. Plus it means three new colonels, various promotions and so forth.

I'm sure.

I don't think we're stopping in the Pleiades this way.

No, but the ship has a C&C suite so if you had any ideas or plans between love making sessions you could communicate them.

Thank you...

Anyways your arrival at New Avalon is possibly the most overly elaborate experience you've ever seen. The city of Samantha isn't just the capitol of the Concordant, it's also a working city. In fact, probably one of the hardest working cities in the Inner Sphere or periphery. Over 50% of Taurus's heavy industry is center in or around the city, and while kept under control by strict pollution laws it gives the city a strong blue collar undertone. Everyone in Samantha works for a living. They work hard. They play hard, and while they have beautiful things, they're more their as a testament to the endurance, ingenuity and superior craftsmanship of the people who live there rather than there simply to look good.

It might be named in honor of a woman, but its it's a masculine city. A city of hard men doing hard shit.

Avalon City on the other hand... it's the magic kingdom. It's a city depreciated entirely to being the capitol of the Federated Suns. Very little of the nations industry is based in the city and of those industries all are located well outside city limits. It's a city of schools, museums, and beautiful architecture designed with a focus on and dedication to pageantry and showmanship that would have the ghost Walt Disney nodding in approval.

The parade to the cathedral is beyond opulent with what seems to be half the federated suns screaming by the side of the street.

Once you arrive, and it's as opulent as anything out of the Vatican, you undergo the standard wedding ceremony. The same vows are exchanged. You look like a princess. And you're now husband and wife in the eyes of the New Avalon Catholic Church.

After the pope crowns you princess-consort of the Federated Suns and Ian bestows upon you the Title of Dutchess of the Pleiades. And you do the treaty agreed upon oaths to one another.

(this can be detailed if you like)

Then afterwards is the reception.

One of the first people you meet is an extremely pleased looking Katrina Steiner.

"I want to congratulate you both. I can imagine how difficult this was for the both of you. Your nations have been enemies for so long. To be able to put that behind you in the name of love. I hope this union serves as is an example to us all, and the first step towards a brighter future for all of our children."

Micheal Hansk-Davion seems to be looking at you with barely concealed hatred. His father seems a little off put as well and keeps shooting Ian glances. Basically the old man is wondering why Ian went this far. He's a romantic but not a fool. The younger one is seeing you as the bitch who stole the lower third of his March and Ian as the idiot who gave it to her.

Hanse of course gives a toast saying he hopes you give him plenty of heirs to spoil.

In general it's polite and everyone is extremely interested in you, the third most powerful person in the room.

Anyone you want to look for and talk to before you move onto the private meeting with the leadership of the Federated Suns?

She'd like that very much.

Later that night you heard the two retired to her quarters for some intense negotiation.
...this could backfire against me significantly.

Problem is if the holy water actually worked it would start a war.
This is why I'm not doing that. Even if it didn't work, it'd not go well.

Also Taurian regiments usually have their battalions deployed independently anyway so all it's changing right now is where they report to.

No, but the ship has a C&C suite so if you had any ideas or plans between love making sessions you could communicate them.
I'll listen to local news from the systems we pass through, see how they're taking these changes.

Anyways your arrival at New Avalon is possibly the most overly elaborate experience you've ever seen. The city of Samantha isn't just the capitol of the Concordant, it's also a working city. In fact, probably one of the hardest working cities in the Inner Sphere or periphery. Over 50% of Taurus's heavy industry is center in or around the city, and while kept under control by strict pollution laws it gives the city a strong blue collar undertone. Everyone in Samantha works for a living. They work hard. They play hard, and while they have beautiful things, they're more their as a testament to the endurance, ingenuity and superior craftsmanship of the people who live there rather than there simply to look good.

It might be named in honor of a woman, but its it's a masculine city. A city of hard men doing hard shit.

Avalon City on the other hand... it's the magic kingdom. It's a city depreciated entirely to being the capitol of the Federated Suns. Very little of the nations industry is based in the city and of those industries all are located well outside city limits. It's a city of schools, museums, and beautiful architecture designed with a focus on and dedication to pageantry and showmanship that would have the ghost Walt Disney nodding in approval.
Given it was originally a theme park? (Probably a successor to this.) Oh hell yes.

The parade to the cathedral is beyond opulent with what seems to be half the federated suns screaming by the side of the street.

Once you arrive, and it's as opulent as anything out of the Vatican, you undergo the standard wedding ceremony. The same vows are exchanged. You look like a princess. And you're now husband and wife in the eyes of the New Avalon Catholic Church.

After the pope crowns you princess-consort of the Federated Suns and Ian bestows upon you the Title of Dutchess of the Pleiades. And you do the treaty agreed upon oaths to one another.

(this can be detailed if you like)
I think we've got a reasonable idea of the terms. Just to be clear, do I, as a FedSuns Duchess, have the rights to form a private army (see Ivaarson Chasseurs, Capellan Dragoons and similar)? No immediate plans to but it's something to keep in reserve.

Then afterwards is the reception.

One of the first people you meet is an extremely pleased looking Katrina Steiner.

"I want to congratulate you both. I can imagine how difficult this was for the both of you. Your nations have been enemies for so long. To be able to put that behind you in the name of love. I hope this union serves as is an example to us all, and the first step towards a brighter future for all of our children."
"I'd like to think we don't have to keep hating and killing each other for ever and ever. And while I don't think that a long history of conflicts such as that faced by the defenders of the Draconis March is something that can be easily overcome, perhaps someday at least the disagreements over who has the better claim on an empty throne in a city abandoned to rot can be allowed to come to an end."
(subtext: the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns have basically no cause to fight each other other than rival claims to be First Lord).

Micheal Hansk-Davion seems to be looking at you with barely concealed hatred. His father seems a little off put as well and keeps shooting Ian glances. Basically the old man is wondering why Ian went this far. He's a romantic but not a fool. The younger one is seeing you as the bitch who stole the lower third of his March and Ian as the idiot who gave it to her.
George Hasek is probably on his last legs. Are Marie and Morgan present?

Hanse of course gives a toast saying he hopes you give him plenty of heirs to spoil.
While I won't publically saying we're working hard on that...
"You just want more Davions between you and the throne, Hanse."

In general it's polite and everyone is extremely interested in you, the third most powerful person in the room.

Anyone you want to look for and talk to before you move onto the private meeting with the leadership of the Federated Suns?
How's Yvonne Davion doing? IIRC she was stuck with a dead-end position in the High Command under Ian, partly due to Michael Hasek-Davion's influence (she'd been Marshal of the Capellan March for a while and tried weeding out corruption). If she doesn't mind a sideways promotion, she might be a possible candidate to appoint as the AFFS Marshal of the Pleiades March: she's a reassurance to the FedSuns that I'm not about to abscond with the March, she's capable, has Hanse's trust and at the same time, she'd probably be delighted to root out Hasek influence.

I'll want to pick a Minister who's - if at all possible - native to the Pleiades region, but the AFFS top command slot for the March needs to be someone House Davion can rely on. (Bringing in someone from the Concordat really would not work - ties there need to start at a lower level).

...this could backfire against me significantly.

Yes. Yes it could.

This is why I'm not doing that. Even if it didn't work, it'd not go well.

So the bitch demon whore continues to slut up the universe. :p

Even Ian's a bit flustered after meeting her.

Seriously, and they say Succubi aren't a thing in Battletech?

Also Taurian regiments usually have their battalions deployed independently anyway so all it's changing right now is where they report to.

True

I'll listen to local news from the systems we pass through, see how they're taking these changes.

Mixed. Some are for, some are against. Seems to depend on how deeply Micheal Hansk-Davion is involved in their media ;)

Given it was originally a theme park? (Probably a successor to this.) Oh hell yes.

The Avalon City Amusement Park. :p

If it helps, Ian was impressed by Samantha City's sheer productivity and unrestrained energy. It's a city that doesn't have time to revolve around one man (or woman). They like you, a lot, but they got better shit to do than follow you around like a lost puppy.

I think we've got a reasonable idea of the terms. Just to be clear, do I, as a FedSuns Duchess, have the rights to form a private army (see Ivaarson Chasseurs, Capellan Dragoons and similar)? No immediate plans to but it's something to keep in reserve.

Yes. Considering you're also a head of state even if they didn't you still would. Your degree of independence is pretty much "You being a Federated suns Duchess is a legal technicality."

"I'd like to think we don't have to keep hating and killing each other for ever and ever. And while I don't think that a long history of conflicts such as that faced by the defenders of the Draconis March is something that can be easily overcome, perhaps someday at least the disagreements over who has the better claim on an empty throne in a city abandoned to rot can be allowed to come to an end."
(subtext: the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns have basically no cause to fight each other other than rival claims to be First Lord).

"An empty throne in an abandoned city. As apt a description of the Star League as any."
George Hasek is probably on his last legs.

He's looking in poor condition. Probably shouldn't have made this trip.

Are Marie and Morgan present?

Of course. Marie gushes over you two. She also has a bit of a love for the Davion aesthetic and right now you look like the perfect princess. You're so beautiful in that dress...

Morgan isn't quite sure. Daddy has said a lot of mean things...

While I won't publically saying we're working hard on that...
"You just want more Davions between you and the throne, Hanse."

He laughs. "Guilty as charged."

How's Yvonne Davion doing? IIRC she was stuck with a dead-end position in the High Command under Ian, partly due to Michael Hasek-Davion's influence (she'd been Marshal of the Capellan March for a while and tried weeding out corruption). If she doesn't mind a sideways promotion, she might be a possible candidate to appoint as the AFFS Marshal of the Pleiades March: she's a reassurance to the FedSuns that I'm not about to abscond with the March, she's capable, has Hanse's trust and at the same time, she'd probably be delighted to root out Hasek influence.

A good chance to cashier his minions? She's all for it.

I'll want to pick a Minister who's - if at all possible - native to the Pleiades region, but the AFFS top command slot for the March needs to be someone House Davion can rely on. (Bringing in someone from the Concordat really would not work - ties there need to start at a lower level).

your own high command does suggest you move a couple of the concordate's 'Pleiades' units in as well to show you're a presence.

Now, after comes the staff meeting. Most of the top ranking Davion VIPs are there.

George Hansk and his son included.

George looks tired and seems as he is about ready to speak but Micheal beats him to it. "How dare you divide my families lands, take away honorably won territory that has been in our family for half a millennia, place our world one jump from assault, and sell out the Federated Suns just to please some periphery..."

"If you complete that statement," Ian said in a cold voice, "I cannot take accountability for what will happen next. Even now it's only my love for my sister that keeps me from throwing you in irons. Watch your tone, Hansk."

George steps forward and coughs. It's not an intentional one. Man is sick.

"Micheal, stop this foolishness." he looks at Ian, "M'lord. Why? Our family has proudly served House Davion for generations. I believe it at least warrants an explanation."

He nods and turns to you. "You've all seen my wedding gift to my beloved Kaude. Kaude my dear, would you be so kind as to explain yours?"

I could never get good mileage out of my tries at driving Assault mechs, to be honest. The Grasshopper is just the right mix of mobility, armor and halfway decent firepower for me.

Alright.

This is very true. Seeing as I'll probably have plenty of resources on call soon, and once I get familiar with my new assortment of aides, I'll have feelers sent out as to which mercenary outfits out there are currently open to taking a contract. Short term, that'll let the Concordat bolster its response force and let us have actual leeway in terms of reinforcements.

Would you like to roll for it?

2d6 plez

In terms of military, IIRC the Concordat is kind of desperate for decent top-cover. That particular branch of the military is a bit anemic at this point in time, in terms of both ASFs and CAS birds.I'll see if anyone offers suggestions as to how we could fix that before I go throw money at the problem.

The issue is cultural and infrastructural. The Concordant is pretty much centered around the Hadies Cluster and tends to have a much less planet bound culture than pretty much anyone short of the spacers of Sol. That means that the short-legged nature of ASFs limits their utility. To make matters worse, the only carrier design build in the TC is the Leopard CV which is limited to 6 aerospace craft.

"Countrymen, comrades ... friends ... in my life I did not, even for a moment, consider I would one day be Protector. There is much that could be said about the conditions, but I would only be repeating others' words. Instead, I give all of you my solemn vow. I will ... no ... _we_ will all make those we lost proud," I pause and grin a crooked grin, "so that when we meet them again, it will be with our heads raised high, and the certainty that we will never have to pay for our own drink of choice in whatever afterlife we end up in. We'll have proven that when the night was darkest, we didn't cower, and we certainly didn't _wait_ for daylight. WE MADE OUR OWN!"

BGM:

2d6 plez

Morgan Calderon, 3025

Would you like to roll for it?

2d6 plez

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/dice/2589/view

aaaaand apparently no, everybody competent already has contracts elsewhere.

The issue is cultural and infrastructural. The Concordant is pretty much centered around the Hadies Cluster and tends to have a much less planet bound culture than pretty much anyone short of the spacers of Sol. That means that the short-legged nature of ASFs limits their utility. To make matters worse, the only carrier design build in the TC is the Leopard CV which is limited to 6 aerospace craft.

They have a number of gunships though, which is nice. What about CAS birds? Those are probably going to be choppers or something.

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/dice/2590/view

... well, that pretty much means I should never do any public speaking ever, I guess.

Goddammit, dice. Hell, with it this bad probably someone either started throwing rotten tomatoes, or else I just got shot by a sniper.

Morgan Calderon, 3025
They have a number of gunships though, which is nice. What about CAS birds? Those are probably going to be choppers or something.

Space Gunboats. Basically Small Craft build as combatants. Not as good in a dogfight as a dedicated ASF but MUCH longer legs.

Two things other.

First, please put the rolls in the thread so I don't have to click anything.

Second, those were so fucking awful I'll give you a reroll.

Space Gunboats. Basically Small Craft build as combatants. Not as good in a dogfight as a dedicated ASF but MUCH longer legs.

Works with the general philosophy, still, ASF cover would be helpful. Well, that or getting my hands on some LAM designs, but that would be ... tricky, I imagine.

First, please put the rolls in the thread so I don't have to click anything.

Second, those were so fucking awful I'll give you a reroll.

Well, let's see then ..

mercenaries:
[dice]2592[/dice]

and speechifying:
[dice]2593[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back