• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013
Oh well.

So the bitch demon whore continues to slut up the universe. :p

Even Ian's a bit flustered after meeting her.

Seriously, and they say Succubi aren't a thing in Battletech?
I'm honestly more concerned about her politics. Admittedly that's a high bar, but I trust Ian.

Mixed. Some are for, some are against. Seems to depend on how deeply Micheal Hansk-Davion is involved in their media ;)
I take it the Hasek-owned outlets are opposed to me?

The Avalon City Amusement Park. :p

If it helps, Ian was impressed by Samantha City's sheer productivity and unrestrained energy. It's a city that doesn't have time to revolve around one man (or woman). They like you, a lot, but they got better shit to do than follow you around like a lost puppy.
Which is great because I really have very little time to deal with lost puppies and have to delegate such matters.

Yes. Considering you're also a head of state even if they didn't you still would. Your degree of independence is pretty much "You being a Federated suns Duchess is a legal technicality."
Yes, but this way I can have an army that isn't part of the TDF. That's... open to abuse if I see fit.

"An empty throne in an abandoned city. As apt a description of the Star League as any."
"Yes, and more polite than most of those I was raised with. I'm fairly sure at least occasional peace has been achieved at times without having a Star League. Whether peace can be maintained with the current leaders of some Houses is open to doubt of course."

He's looking in poor condition. Probably shouldn't have made this trip.
Unfortunate. I'll be polite and respectful towards him.

Of course. Marie gushes over you two. She also has a bit of a love for the Davion aesthetic and right now you look like the perfect princess. You're so beautiful in that dress...

Morgan isn't quite sure. Daddy has said a lot of mean things...
Being nice to Marie should be easy enough. With Morgan I'll be polite and try not to talk down to him. If he asks outright why his Daddy dislikes me, I'll tell him that his father hasn't told him but it _might_ be because the new Taurian March includes a few worlds from the Capellan March and Michael isn't sure I'll look after them as well as George Hasek has would.

A good chance to cashier his minions? She's all for it.
Excellent! I'll see about squaring this with Ian then.

your own high command does suggest you move a couple of the concordate's 'Pleiades' units in as well to show you're a presence.
Which amounts to the Pleiades Hussars. That should be possible now we have a few extra regiments. I imagine the AFFS won't mind the reduced demand for garrisons in the area but put it to Yvonne before approving.

Now, after comes the staff meeting. Most of the top ranking Davion VIPs are there.

George Hansk and his son included.

George looks tired and seems as he is about ready to speak but Micheal beats him to it. "How dare you divide my families lands, take away honorably won territory that has been in our family for half a millennia, place our world one jump from assault, and sell out the Federated Suns just to please some periphery..."

"If you complete that statement," Ian said in a cold voice, "I cannot take accountability for what will happen next. Even now it's only my love for my sister that keeps me from throwing you in irons. Watch your tone, Hansk."

George steps forward and coughs. It's not an intentional one. Man is sick.

"Micheal, stop this foolishness." he looks at Ian, "M'lord. Why? Our family has proudly served House Davion for generations. I believe it at least warrants an explanation."

He nods and turns to you. "You've all seen my wedding gift to my beloved Kaude. Kaude my dear, would you be so kind as to explain yours?"
I'll have come prepared with several photos as well as a few summaries of the contents of the memory core. (Heavily editted summaries but ones with some zing to the topics - things like early FedSuns battlemechs, etc).

"Relatively recently, Taurian intelligence has been investigating some leads on caches of equipment lost during the fall of the Star League. Some of you might be aware that we're reverse-engineering the SLDF's Maultier APC for example."

"Naturally, not all these leads play out, but the prizes when they do... Well," I'll share the documentation with them. "We found this on a world of the Terran Hegemony, along with a boneyard of primitive BattleMechs that the Star League considered too crude even for militia use. A large and intact Hegemony technical database."

"My wedding gift, gentlemen. To House Davion and their loyal Federated Suns. Complete copies and access to the original. I hope that it can in approach in value the hand of your most noble Prince."

You sure? He's willing to basically give you the MIIO list of everything worth stealing. Plus he'd be willing to subsidize any operations...

Yes, he wants to have his way with you on this one but it's very much...

Samantha gives a polite reply of "Too busy raiding Pirates. Have a new guillotine to try out on Lady Death."

[dice]2603[/dice]

..... Bleep ....

"I'd like every bit of intel you have on them."

Samantha has her minions gather up the historical data the TC has on the 'Minnesota Tribe' to hand over to the Dragoons.

If its mentioned, she's clear. They're not currently in contact.

"Drat," Samantha curses lightly. "So much for plan shoving megatons of precious metals at that problem to solve it fast"

She frowns for a moment looking lost in thought then frowns. "The Clans are a military dominated society. Our merchant caste is subordinate to the needs and will of the warriors."

"I see," Samantha notes carefully. "Speaking of military how favored is the Navy versus Mechwarriors?"

"At the moment, absolutely none."

Samantha pouts at this. She however doesn't press the point.

So Black Widow vs Taurian Guard ! Fighto

Taurian Guards Rolls

[dice]2604[/dice]

He serves in the 3rd Fusiliers of Oriente and is involved with Oriente Weapon Works.

Samantha assumes he's a Mechwarrior by trade then.

So on to Two Stepping as Samantha gets all dolled up to go out.

Does Edgar step up to bat?

Samantha in fact has her staff start drawing up plans to invade the CapCon all the way to Menke (covering Victoria, Mitchel, Jacson, Menke, Yuris, Zanzibar, Muridox, Corodiz, Rollis, Larsha, Hurik and Ward) as a purely theoretical exercise following the invasion of the Bad Lands Cluster.

She'll call it CASE Emerald.

A plan to invade the FedSuns to recover the old TC Worlds gets drawn up as CASE Ruby.

Plans to deepstrike Terra and wipe out all human life in the Sol System get drawn up as CASE Edge

You made it sound like she was willing to put a couple people on the project just to poke it with a stick.
Heh, Samantha will in fact do so. Really she's looking for reasons to justify buying a license while denying aid and technical support to the CapCon

Her world gets ABSOLUTELY ROCKED.

Basically when the student is ready, the master will come... and this woman is basically The Master. :p

Samantha gets very tempted to kidnap Lady Kelly for her seraglio, but demurs and goes back for another round of lessons.

He has stamina for sure, but is lacking in technique. Basically he wants to be a good lover, but no woman's ever been willing to give honest C&C due to his name and connections ;)

One does not tell the Archon's fantastically rich nephew he's only okay in bed ;)

Samantha on the flipside is perfectly willing to critique and help him become better in bed. She gives some very precise and verbal instructions on just how to make her happy. Real question is how Ivan takes it?

[dice]2605[/dice]

And there's been a bombing in the Capallan Confederation. Lady Elizabeth Jordan Liao is dead. Seems to have been a failed attempt on Maximilian's life... the isn't enough of her left to fill a shoebox.

Samantha sends on her formal condolences. She doesn't however do more than that.

Samantha gives a polite reply of "Too busy raiding Pirates. Have a new guillotine to try out on Lady Death."

How about once you're done?

[dice]2603[/dice]

..... Bleep ....

Fuck it lets take this to invisible castle. I'm fucking sick of thes crappy dice roller where I haen't seen a roll under 7 in over a dozen fucking rolls

2d6=2

Well shit! :D

Yeah. You just got another message from Revy saying that she has a new planet and isn't sure where she's going to keep it. You got any ideas?

Yeah. That pack of psychotic loons using the enforcements you gave them just conquered the Tortuga Dominions.

Samantha has her minions gather up the historical data the TC has on the 'Minnesota Tribe' to hand over to the Dragoons.

"Thank you."

"Drat," Samantha curses lightly. "So much for plan shoving megatons of precious metals at that problem to solve it fast"

Natasha shakes her head.

"I see," Samantha notes carefully. "Speaking of military how favored is the Navy versus Mechwarriors?"

"Highly dependent. Different bloodlines entirely."

Samantha pouts at this. She however doesn't press the point.

Alright.
So Black Widow vs Taurian Guard ! Fighto

Taurian Guards Rolls

[dice]2604[/dice]

I rolled at invisible castle but same number so no difference.

2d6=7

Yeah. It's a grind. The Guards are good, but the Widows have seen a whole lot of action and Natasha is a monster
Samantha assumes he's a Mechwarrior by trade then.

So on to Two Stepping as Samantha gets all dolled up to go out.

Does Edgar step up to bat?

He has no idea what do you with two-stepping.

Samantha in fact has her staff start drawing up plans to invade the CapCon all the way to Menke (covering Victoria, Mitchel, Jacson, Menke, Yuris, Zanzibar, Muridox, Corodiz, Rollis, Larsha, Hurik and Ward) as a purely theoretical exercise following the invasion of the Bad Lands Cluster.

She'll call it CASE Emerald.

Alright. 2d6

A plan to invade the FedSuns to recover the old TC Worlds gets drawn up as CASE Ruby.

Alright. 2d6

Plans to deepstrike Terra and wipe out all human life in the Sol System get drawn up as CASE Edge

Judged impossible without 5 years and a fleet of warships to scower the belt.

Heh, Samantha will in fact do so. Really she's looking for reasons to justify buying a license while denying aid and technical support to the CapCon

Fair enough.

Samantha gets very tempted to kidnap Lady Kelly for her seraglio, but demurs and goes back for another round of lessons.

Lady kelly is an eager teacher.

Samantha on the flipside is perfectly willing to critique and help him become better in bed. She gives some very precise and verbal instructions on just how to make her happy. Real question is how Ivan takes it?

Bristles a bit but is willing to pay attention.

This.... is the first not completely shit roll I've seen in a while.

Yeah. They'll be able to reenforce it but it'll take time to figure it out. Call back in a year or so.

Samantha sends on her formal condolences. She doesn't however do more than that.

No response. And Sian is clenched tighter than a virgin sphincter in a sex offenders ward so little news is going in and out.

What you do know is there's some pretty large troop movements inside the confederation.

Works with the general philosophy, still, ASF cover would be helpful. Well, that or getting my hands on some LAM designs, but that would be ... tricky, I imagine.

LAMs actually have the problem of not being really good at anything. They're not nearly as good as dedicated ASFs and Mechs, for one.

Well, let's see then ..

mercenaries:
[dice]2592[/dice]

Hm... one more 2d6

and speechifying:
[dice]2593[/dice]

You do okay. It's not a smashing success but you offend noone. Just leave it up to the speech writers next time and leave out the music :p

I'm honestly more concerned about her politics. Admittedly that's a high bar, but I trust Ian.

I know.

I take it the Hasek-owned outlets are opposed to me?

A yep.

Which is great because I really have very little time to deal with lost puppies and have to delegate such matters.

A yep.

Yes, but this way I can have an army that isn't part of the TDF. That's... open to abuse if I see fit.

It's strongly suggested that you don't. The "private army loyal only to me" part is seen as the most extremely shady part of the deal by many. Esp the Taurian military who swear to protect the people not the protector.

"Yes, and more polite than most of those I was raised with. I'm fairly sure at least occasional peace has been achieved at times without having a Star League. Whether peace can be maintained with the current leaders of some Houses is open to doubt of course."

"I am course willing to put in the necessary effort."

Unfortunate. I'll be polite and respectful towards him.

He seems to be a charming and honorable man. You know, absolutely in no way like his asshole son.

Being nice to Marie should be easy enough. With Morgan I'll be polite and try not to talk down to him. If he asks outright why his Daddy dislikes me, I'll tell him that his father hasn't told him but it _might_ be because the new Taurian March includes a few worlds from the Capellan March and Michael isn't sure I'll look after them as well as George Hasek has would.

"Daddy called you a thieving whore..."

"Morgan!"

"But it's what he said..."

(7 feet over)

*crack*

"Um, Prince Ian... would you like a new glass of wine..."

"That would be welcomed, yes."

Excellent! I'll see about squaring this with Ian then.

Ian needs to talk to Hanse. He knows she's wasted where she is but she also keeps his brother-in-law under control.

Which amounts to the Pleiades Hussars. That should be possible now we have a few extra regiments. I imagine the AFFS won't mind the reduced demand for garrisons in the area but put it to Yvonne before approving.

She understands the symbolism to your people and has no problem as long as they work with her.

I'll have come prepared with several photos as well as a few summaries of the contents of the memory core. (Heavily editted summaries but ones with some zing to the topics - things like early FedSuns battlemechs, etc).

"Relatively recently, Taurian intelligence has been investigating some leads on caches of equipment lost during the fall of the Star League. Some of you might be aware that we're reverse-engineering the SLDF's Maultier APC for example."

"Naturally, not all these leads play out, but the prizes when they do... Well," I'll share the documentation with them. "We found this on a world of the Terran Hegemony, along with a boneyard of primitive BattleMechs that the Star League considered too crude even for militia use. A large and intact Hegemony technical database."

"My wedding gift, gentlemen. To House Davion and their loyal Federated Suns. Complete copies and access to the original. I hope that it can in approach in value the hand of your most noble Prince."

There is shock all around. Micheal is still a douche mainly because he tends to never forgive any reduction in personal power and authority. George Hansk on the other hand begins to cackle with glee while Duke Aaron Sandoval both seem to be standing there with the biggest idiot smile on his face you've ever seen.

Basically they get it.

"So, in reality this is all the cherry on top for a pact that will insure that the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordant become and remain respectively the first and second most powerful nations within the human sphere... oh wipe that idiot look off your face, Micheal you short sighted dolt. If you don't like having your capitol so close to her borders then soon you'll be able to move your capitol somewhere a bit closer to your interior. I'm sure Sian will be a nice location. Sit your ass on the Celestial throne. It will fit your mentality. I for one look forward to setting fire to Takashi Kurita's bloody garden."

LAMs actually have the problem of not being really good at anything. They're not nearly as good as dedicated ASFs and Mechs, for one.

True. It's a pity I don't have massive amounts of wealth and can't put forward a suggestion for a dedicated ground attack/support aircraft/VTOL built around a really big gun that goes BRRRRRRRRRRRT ... oh, wait.

[dice]2685[/dice]

Yep. Totally average.

You do okay. It's not a smashing success but you offend noone. Just leave it up to the speech writers next time and leave out the music :p

Bah. Philistines. The music was the best part.

*Morgan sulks in his FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE ... well, more like an AV room with a collection of classic and not so classic rock*

I suppose I should get introductions to whatever staff I've inherited that hasn't been killed off out of the way. Then review my predecessor's education bills. One of the things I liked about him was his stance on that.

Regardless, what were the latest policies issued? I imagine they've stuck around, or has someone already started unbuttoning all of that?

Make a note of more moderate news sources and make sure they're prioritised for interviews when the time comes.

It's strongly suggested that you don't. The "private army loyal only to me" part is seen as the most extremely shady part of the deal by many. Esp the Taurian military who swear to protect the people not the protector.
In which case perhaps a clause in the treaty stating that the Duchess of the Pleiades specifically doesn't have that right on the grounds she can fill that gap with elements of the Taurian Defense Forces. Which neatly legitimises bringing in the Pleiades Hussars.

"I am course willing to put in the necessary effort."
"As seen by your presence here. Let's work towards a more peaceful future for our realms."

He seems to be a charming and honorable man. You know, absolutely in no way like his asshole son.
I'll keep in mind that he ranks the Capellan March second only to the Federated Suns as a whole. Which is of course the right and proper view for a march lord to take.

"Daddy called you a thieving whore..."

"Morgan!"

"But it's what he said..."

(7 feet over)

*crack*

"Um, Prince Ian... would you like a new glass of wine..."

"That would be welcomed, yes."
As a teacher this probably doesn't surprise me much. I'll help Marie explain to Morgan why he shouldn't say that sort of thing even if he's repeating his father's words and point out that sometimes when we're angry we say things later that we regret and would like not to have said - which is why it's important to refrain from letting your mouth run away with you when you're angry. (And let Marie know that I'm not offended by Morgan's... frankness. Her husband I'll tactfully not mention. At all.)

Ian needs to talk to Hanse. He knows she's wasted where she is but she also keeps his brother-in-law under control.
How is Hanse ranked at the moment (military, not social)? IIRC he was of sufficient rank to be military governor of a world before Ian died IOTL, but even after a victory like that at Halstead Station he's probably a grade or two from the top. Or is he now ranked accordingly with his being functionally his brother's Champion and almost co-ruler, which is the implication I've been getting.?

She understands the symbolism to your people and has no problem as long as they work with her.
Great, see above.

There is shock all around. Micheal is still a douche mainly because he tends to never forgive any reduction in personal power and authority. George Hansk on the other hand begins to cackle with glee while Duke Aaron Sandoval both seem to be standing there with the biggest idiot smile on his face you've ever seen.

Basically they get it.

"So, in reality this is all the cherry on top for a pact that will insure that the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordant become and remain respectively the first and second most powerful nations within the human sphere... oh wipe that idiot look off your face, Micheal you short sighted dolt. If you don't like having your capitol so close to her borders then soon you'll be able to move your capitol somewhere a bit closer to your interior. I'm sure Sian will be a nice location. Sit your ass on the Celestial throne. It will fit your mentality. I for one look forward to setting fire to Takashi Kurita's bloody garden."
"Politically speaking it might be a more stable Inner Sphere if there were only three Great Houses and I'm sure I don't need to explain which pair I'd lean towards viewing as dispensable. That would take considerable time and effort though, so perhaps shorter term goals may be more practical. It's not my place to dictate policy however, merely to seek security for my people, whether they're from the Concordat or from the Taurian March."

I'll then take Ian's hand beneath the table and let he, George and Aaron celebrate. I don't see any need to address Michael Hasek-Davion and unless he directly speaks to me I won't speak to him. Silence sends its own message.

True. It's a pity I don't have massive amounts of wealth and can't put forward a suggestion for a dedicated ground attack/support aircraft/VTOL built around a really big gun that goes BRRRRRRRRRRRT ... oh, wait.

Yeah. Though sadly the RAC5 hasn't been invented yet... so no BRRRRRRRRRT for you. :p

[dice]2685[/dice]

Yep. Totally average.

You managed two battalions worth from quick independent contracting jobs

Bah. Philistines. The music was the best part.

Everyone looks at you funny...

*Morgan sulks in his FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE ... well, more like an AV room with a collection of classic and not so classic rock*

As long as its soundpoofed...

I suppose I should get introductions to whatever staff I've inherited that hasn't been killed off out of the way. Then review my predecessor's education bills. One of the things I liked about him was his stance on that.

They're extremely solid

Regardless, what were the latest policies issued? I imagine they've stuck around, or has someone already started unbuttoning all of that?

Reinforcement of the Federated Suns border in preparation of imminent invasion.

Make a note of more moderate news sources and make sure they're prioritized for interviews when the time comes.

Done.

In which case perhaps a clause in the treaty stating that the Duchess of the Pleiades specifically doesn't have that right on the grounds she can fill that gap with elements of the Taurian Defense Forces. Which neatly legitimises bringing in the Pleiades Hussars.

Need to be worked out, but yeah, that mortifies almost everyone once its adjusted to keep the TDF from being used as a defacto Davion military formation.

"As seen by your presence here. Let's work towards a more peaceful future for our realms."

She actually hugs you both. Maybe one day your children can play together.

I'll keep in mind that he ranks the Capellan March second only to the Federated Suns as a whole. Which is of course the right and proper view for a march lord to take.

Yep. He seems annoyed at the loss of territory but doesn't show very much. Basically "I don't like this but I will trust that my liege isn't an idiot and has his reasons." Nor does he blame you for being the beneficiary of his misfortune. If anything he's pleased that he can focus on the Capallans.

As a teacher this probably doesn't surprise me much. I'll help Marie explain to Morgan why he shouldn't say that sort of thing even if he's repeating his father's words and point out that sometimes when we're angry we say things later that we regret and would like not to have said - which is why it's important to refrain from letting your mouth run away with you when you're angry. (And let Marie know that I'm not offended by Morgan's... frankness. Her husband I'll tactfully not mention. At all.)

He smiles. "Okay, Aunt Kaude!"

Marie looks a little humiliated by this exchange and you do see her glaring slightly at her husband.

You're starting to understand why they had a total of one child.

How is Hanse ranked at the moment (military, not social)? IIRC he was of sufficient rank to be military governor of a world before Ian died IOTL, but even after a victory like that at Halstead Station he's probably a grade or two from the top. Or is he now ranked accordingly with his being functionally his brother's Champion and almost co-ruler, which is the implication I've been getting.?

He's the Prince's Champion officially.

And the Co-ruler part is defacto but backed up by a series of orders giving him basically authority second only to Ian's. Some joke in private that he's the "Second Prince"

There isn't much resentment though, because between the two of them they run an extremely tight ship. Ian tends to handle military and internal social matters while Hanse is more the go-to for intelligence and diplomacy.

As you can imagine, Ian is extremely loved by the people for many of the same reasons he was able to woo Kaude

*nods* In practicality she basically handles them half like a noble-raised regiment, half like an independent mercenary command. Since she's under your direct chain of command for the defense of the march and because of the treaties, it also makes her a defacto marshal of the TDF, she doesn't have to treat them entirely like a force from a foreign power.

Basically she's willing to lean on them a bit if she has to but understands that socially she has to treat them with due respect of their station (and yours) and that she basically has next to no say in their internal management besides giving polite suggestions

"Politically speaking it might be a more stable Inner Sphere if there were only three Great Houses and I'm sure I don't need to explain which pair I'd lean towards viewing as dispensable. That would take considerable time and effort though, so perhaps shorter term goals may be more practical. It's not my place to dictate policy however, merely to seek security for my people, whether they're from the Concordat or from the Taurian March."

"Well then Princess-Protector Kaude," Aaron raises a glass, "To the security of our people."

Everyone raises a glass to it.

I'll then take Ian's hand beneath the table and let he, George and Aaron celebrate. I don't see any need to address Michael Hasek-Davion and unless he directly speaks to me I won't speak to him. Silence sends its own message.

Everyone celebrates and while some work is done rearranging the defenses. Basically most of the AFFS units that were covering your border are moved to protect the other periphery regions or to reenforce the Capallan and Drac borders. Meanwhile, it is suggested to to consider reenforcing your gains in the capallan confederation now that your most immediate pirate threat is gone and your largest border is little more than a line in the bedroom.

After, Ian would like to give you a tour of his house... and the bedroom. ;)

To save time with the description, it's Disney meets star trek. ;)

Last edited:
Need to be worked out, but yeah, that mortifies almost everyone once its adjusted to keep the TDF from being used as a defacto Davion military formation.
I hope you mean mollifies.

She actually hugs you both. Maybe one day your children can play together.
Something to work towards.

Yep. He seems annoyed at the loss of territory but doesn't show very much. Basically "I don't like this but I will trust that my liege isn't an idiot and has his reasons." Nor does he blame you for being the beneficiary of his misfortune. If anything he's pleased that he can focus on the Capallans.
Sounds like a great plan to me.

He smiles. "Okay, Aunt Kaude!"

Marie looks a little humiliated by this exchange and you do see her glaring slightly at her husband.

You're starting to understand why they had a total of one child.
Well Marie certainly isn't at fault and Morgan's clearly a good kid.

He's the Prince's Champion officially.

And the Co-ruler part is defacto but backed up by a series of orders giving him basically authority second only to Ian's. Some joke in private that he's the "Second Prince"

There isn't much resentment though, because between the two of them they run an extremely tight ship. Ian tends to handle military and internal social matters while Hanse is more the go-to for intelligence and diplomacy.

As you can imagine, Ian is extremely loved by the people for many of the same reasons he was able to woo Kaude
Sounds like a great team.

*nods* In practicality she basically handles them half like a noble-raised regiment, half like an independent mercenary command. Since she's under your direct chain of command for the defense of the march and because of the treaties, it also makes her a defacto marshal of the TDF, she doesn't have to treat them entirely like a force from a foreign power.

Basically she's willing to lean on them a bit if she has to but understands that socially she has to treat them with due respect of their station (and yours) and that she basically has next to no say in their internal management besides giving polite suggestions
That's about right.

"Well then Princess-Protector Kaude," Aaron raises a glass, "To the security of our people."

Everyone raises a glass to it.
Me included.

Everyone celebrates and while some work is done rearranging the defenses. Basically most of the AFFS units that were covering your border are moved to protect the other periphery regions or to reenforce the Capallan and Drac borders. Meanwhile, it is suggested to to consider reenforcing your gains in the capallan confederation now that your most immediate pirate threat is gone and your largest border is little more than a line in the bedroom.
I'm currently looking at posting Corps as follows:
Taurian Guards Corps: Hyades Cluster to secure the capital and act as a reserve)
I Corps: rotated to secure the region from Haven Cluster to Sterope - someone needs to provide some cover there and they carried the brunt of recent operations.
II Corps: securing the new border with the Capellans (reinforced with short-term mercenaries).
III Corps: Pleiades Hussars in the Taurian March, rest of the Corps covering industrial worlds that surround the Hyades.

Since each Corps is equivalent to around 7 normal sized 'Mech regiments and the only world on the Capellan border within one jump of a Capellan Confederation world is Muridox, that should secure the border and provide a good depth of coverage. (There's a reason I didn't want to extend further). Also while only one Corps is immediately facing the Capellans, two others are in position to support them - which is really about as far as my shipping can handle anyway. If I need to move all three Corps forward, that's a 'Mech force about half the size of the CCAF's total 'Mech force - so I think the border's reasonably secure.

I'll also make clear that it's going to be at least couple of years before the TDF has completed its current expansions, trained up sufficient personnel and so forth to cope with our recent expansions. Not to mention explore the shorter term benefits of the technology in the technical library.

After, Ian would like to give you a tour of his house... and the bedroom. ;)

To save time with the description, it's Disney meets star trek. ;)
I'm sure Ian won't mind his shirt getting a bit ripped once we reach the bedroom part of the tour.

Yeah. Though sadly the RAC5 hasn't been invented yet... so no BRRRRRRRRRT for you. :p

Still, a sturdy ground attack aircraft of some description could be of use, even if its role would be support of non-mech forces or popping in and out of terrain masking to plink into hostiles while they're occupied by our mechs.

You managed two battalions worth from quick independent contracting jobs

I see to it that they're treated fairly. There's no doubt that we'll use them and use them hard, but they should be aware there is proper compensation to go along with that.

As long as its soundpoofed...

It's my Happy Place.

They're extremely solid

Good to hear that bit. I should have a tour of the flagship institutions at some point in the near future, just to reinforce that, yes, I'm keeping this around and agree with the policies my predecessor set in this respect ...

Reinforcement of the Federated Suns border in preparation of imminent invasion.

... but maybe not necessarily in this respect. Though I guess we could use this and get the reinforcement situated mostly on the Cappy end of that front so they're in place to respond to other possible aggression ... like, oh, the aggression I was fighting before being pulled into the lap of luxury and soul crushing responsibility.

Well, I buy out the rights to the series and see to having it brought back.

You've got your tank for Akeno in later 3028

Well, need to wait for them to build the design first. But I'd like a planet with a large range of environments and biomes to ensure that they learn in every possible environment.

New Vandenberg it is then! Plus its got the terrain features of "Craters formed by Naval Gauss, Naval PPC, Naval Laser, and the always popular NAC40" Four hundred and fifty so years after the fact people are still turning up ordinance from Furlough's bombardment of New Vandenberg.

Work begins to upgrade Pinard's military academies

I give a speech. It's a good one I hope.
Rolled 2d6 manually for 4, yes its rousing speech that's highly popular.

I believe lams while not the most powerful war machines do have a their uses. Scouting and helping to secure drop zones is important.

The Special Asteroid Service wants them too. Practically speaking however its a bloody rare skill set that companies are going to want to work towards.

"My dear, I wonder what would have happened had we released one of our sex tapes?"

Akeno blushes at that "Don't share those, that's private . Still Eldest brother is in poor health, I shall have to write him a message hoping he recovers: and gloat suitably at her success but Akeno doesn't have the poor taste to mention that.

And how are those underground Combine Manga going over now? :p

I've started a collection for pure amusement value.

A few of the more informed mangaka now have you raising an army of minotaurs with really big glowing clubs, others feature you NTRing Capellan maidens away from a Chinese Mandarin (whose resemblance to the Chancellor of the CapCon is surely co-incidence .

One particularly brave manga-ka has instead done a smutty slice of life series where a shrine maiden is leading an Oni around by his ahem 'club'.

Alright.

I'm up for it.

Early 3027?

Congrats you're a mediocre poet! Still not bad for someone who doesn't have more than a sliver of the various cultural knowledge needed to imbed ideas in the Kuritan version of Japanese.

I make sure to coach her the best I can and when I lose I all but drill her on what I did wrong. I'm passionate about this and want to see both of us become fine pilots. I have her back.

Emma's actually a much better pilot than you, but only an average shot. Good news is you two have a formed a connection over piloting, bad news you've also learned that Emma basically views sexual relationships as completely mercenary ventures used to exploit and advance ones goals at all costs.

"Well, I've been working on another one..."

I show her the scripts.

Helena laughs hard

I thought she'd have found friends by now.

Nice.

Specifically friends who are in line to inherit multi world empires

I'd have wanted to use protection... after the first scare. I'm not ready for kids. But I'll roll :p

No Golden BB XD

I send her one myself saying that she should personally hire a formation to "shore up the defenses of the realm" in the region. It's lucky that she 'found' that small germanium cashe. Wink.

Of course since they're under her personal command they will follow her commands...

Basically when the war starts I want her on Victoria with a regiment or more that's ready to flip when she declares for the concordant. And I'll pay for it. Not only will it get her browine points with Liao but it'll make her much more secure.

Kelly is more than happy to spend your money to hire a regiment personally.

Of course I am.

Alright. Get on them. Though they could be jumpable but you'd need a dedicated yard ship to do it.

Right they start screwing around with virtual designs, it will take a long while buts viewed as solid training exercise to actually figure out how to design really big units.

First set of orders by 1 time pad: Do a quick excavation under your base. You might find something.
What was below again?

I give him a grim smile when we talk. "You and that planet were made for each other."

When the war comes he gets it
Archibold gives you a jaunty nod.

when we're given the tooling I'm very clear. The Omnitech is the basis of this program. Between the three we should be able to start designing omnimechs.

I want several started right away. Though I want them to incorporate SL heat-sinks.

Ironically along with an Urbanmech-Omni that is based on standard tech. The reason to make it an omni is simple: Make it of maximum use to the constabulary. They can adjust its loadout to fit mission profiles and even put arms on the damned thing.

You've got the start, the question is do you have the hot shot scientists and engineers to start putting it together

Roll 2d6 for Omni-tech

"We're going to have to vanish for a couple days."

"Vanish?" Rani questions before asserting"Oh no we're not going to vanish, we're going to heard across the planet. Heard though, not seen."

"My pleasure."

"I should have waited for you to be drinking something. That spit take would have gone on my wall."

"Don't be too sure. There are factors outside our control. Dangerous ones."

"Care to share."

"To answer your question, of course. I was going to give it to you no matter what we agreed on."

Sigh still can't come up with anything worthy of Hanse yet. Will work on this though.

Fuck.

Do we have anything 'more potent' than the average onboard our ships? Because if so I'd be willing to offer to Hanse and Rani that in thanks for her wonderful introduction, that we share the wealth and give these raiders a proper TAURIAN greeting.

If not, this is when I sarcastically comment to both the unit commander and to Hanse that there's a reason we Bulls keep nukes on everything. You never know when a regiment of assholes is going to keep a boot up their ass.
You've got several nuclear tipped anti shipping missiles along with a few big fire crackers

This is a Federated Suns planet so it defaults to Hanse. Plus I don't command that unit. But I will fight to protect the people I love.

With that Hanse swings into action, the man's a trained general and he's purposefully keeping you in the loop, well as much as junior officer can be. Truthfully speaking two heavy Battalions (both re-enforced) fighting defensively hold a pretty damn potent edge, unless the assaulting pirates are all operating Assaults it would take deliberate bungling to screw this up.

Of course against a single Battalion..........

Needless to say the first strike with the Davion ASF punching a hole in the somewhat scattered coverage lets your heavy birds fire off several nuclear anti-shipping strikes thoroughly wrecking a few dropships.

With that started you find yourselves facing a regiment of mostly mediums and heavies short a Battalion of troops. Heading up your Fire Lance (Warhammer, Archer, Archer, Catapult) as Cornet Taurens you're occupying a high spot giving your lance a good field of fire.

Apart from a particularly cunning Assassin pilot who thought to take advantage of your lances heavy on the LRMs flaws, you simply headshot the pirate in an absolutely beautiful shot as the pirate attempted to jumpjet into place to back stab.

At the end of the day the pirate forces are gutted, none of the leadership survived the battle, and the jumpships are captured.

Huzzah's and victory cheers are held. For once TDF and AFFS forces were on the same battlefield and not shooting at once another!

Rani breaks two very sturdy beds with you that night.

Roll 2d6 please

[dice]2570[/dice]

[dice]2571[/dice]

Fucking Seriously? I fucking hate this dice roller.

Feel free to Re-roll elsewhere

You've got your tank for Akeno in later 3028

Any way to accelerate it a bit? Hoping to see it in time for the war.

New Vandenberg it is then! Plus its got the terrain features of "Craters formed by Naval Gauss, Naval PPC, Naval Laser, and the always popular NAC40" Four hundred and fifty so years after the fact people are still turning up ordinance from Furlough's bombardment of New Vandenberg.

Fucking Terrans.

Work begins to upgrade Pinard's military academies

Rolled 2d6 manually for 4, yes its rousing speech that's highly popular.

Nice.

The Special Asteroid Service wants them too. Practically speaking however its a bloody rare skill set that companies are going to want to work towards.

Okay SAS can have first dibs along with specialized pathfinders.

I'm thinking of creating a Concordiant Marine Corps as an elite formation for using BA when we get them

Akeno blushes at that "Don't share those, that's private . Still Eldest brother is in poor health, I shall have to write him a message hoping he recovers: and gloat suitably at her success but Akeno doesn't have the poor taste to mention that.

"Make sure you mention you're not pregnant yet but not for lack of trying. Even though we've really decided to wait..."

Want her to earn her laurels and complete her education before we have kids.

A few of the more informed mangaka now have you raising an army of minotaurs with really big glowing clubs, others feature you NTRing Capellan maidens away from a Chinese Mandarin (whose resemblance to the Chancellor of the CapCon is surely co-incidence .

One particularly brave manga-ka has instead done a smutty slice of life series where a shrine maiden is leading an Oni around by his ahem 'club'.

I do make sure to mention that I silently am extremely amused by these and ask that ISF not crack down on them.

I believe that being able to laugh at ones self is a sign of character. It

Guess so?

Congrats you're a mediocre poet! Still not bad for someone who doesn't have more than a sliver of the various cultural knowledge needed to imbed ideas in the Kuritan version of Japanese.

I keep at it! :p

Emma's actually a much better pilot than you, but only an average shot.

I guess we work on each other's weak spots.

Good news is you two have a formed a connection over piloting, bad news you've also learned that Emma basically views sexual relationships as completely mercenary ventures used to exploit and advance ones goals at all costs.

Hm. I'm not quite sure if that's cannon. She seemed to be more contemptuous of her mothers habits and Richard's fucking everything with a lukewarm hole than this.

But I do intend to seduce her in time. And treat her like a gooddamned princess

"In fact, you know how I love it when actual pilots are given rolls to ham all over?

I wink.

Specifically friends who are in line to inherit multi world empires

Ah. Alright. Basically they both get it.

And I do intend for my sister to get a planet out of this.

Okay. Though I do one day I want to have children with her.

Kelly is more than happy to spend your money to hire a regiment personally.

Very good.

Basically, get something that will make her look good to House Liao and be useful to giving her a strong rebelling force when the war comes.

Right they start screwing around with virtual designs, it will take a long while buts viewed as solid training exercise to actually figure out how to design really big units.

Do it.

What was below again?

Star League era stealth Mechs... with examples of the Null Signature System,

Archibold gives you a jaunty nod.

When he retakes the planet I'm going to immediately make it the MAC's landhold and offer him a and his top commanders lordship in the TC with lesser titles offered for his men depending on their station (basically encourage him to grant on-planet land holds for the men of his regiments) and basically throw glory at him.

I want a giant house mercenary army and he'll quaility. Plus he'll also show that I treat my HUGE merc units as well as I do my smaller and in scale with their side.

You've got the start, the question is do you have the hot shot scientists and engineers to start putting it together

Roll 2d6 for Omni-tech

[dice]2710[/dice]

Yeah. Okay. More with the crappy rolls. To hell with this

"Vanish?" Rani questions before asserting"Oh no we're not going to vanish, we're going to heard across the planet. Heard though, not seen."

Works for me.

Sigh still can't come up with anything worthy of Hanse yet. Will work on this though.

Alright.

Though I'm going to having to figure out a way to marry both Lisa and Kara without them killing eachother. Lisa is critical to the alliance probably and I do care for her while I really really really like Kara... enough I'm willing to try and extort the couple worlds that the Fed Suns took from the OWA out of Hanse :p

Though is the "Speak with her authority" contact from Katrina there like I requested?

And depending on the deal I'm going to need another meeting with the MoC and DoA.

You've got several nuclear tipped anti shipping missiles along with a few big fire crackers

I'm sure Hanse's reaction was one of tired amusement.

Typical Taurians... :p

With that Hanse swings into action, the man's a trained general and he's purposefully keeping you in the loop, well as much as junior officer can be. Truthfully speaking two heavy Battalions (both re-enforced) fighting defensively hold a pretty damn potent edge, unless the assaulting pirates are all operating Assaults it would take deliberate bungling to screw this up.

I watch carefully. I need to learn more.

Of course against a single Battalion..........

Sadly though they found the both of us. Do not fuck with Samuel Calderon and Hanse Davion. Double true when we're on the same damned planet.

Needless to say the first strike with the Davion ASF punching a hole in the somewhat scattered coverage lets your heavy birds fire off several nuclear anti-shipping strikes thoroughly wrecking a few dropships.

How do the swords like the missles I gave them?

I'll offer Hanse a manufacturing license as part of our alliance. I know that chances are after this the FedSuns might try and build a wink and a nod original design so better to just head that off at the pass.

With that started you find yourselves facing a regiment of mostly mediums and heavies short a Battalion of troops. Heading up your Fire Lance (Warhammer, Archer, Archer, Catapult) as Cornet Taurens you're occupying a high spot giving your lance a good field of fire.

I smell salvage.... lots of it I'm guessing a 3 way split between the locals, the AFFS, and the TDF?

Apart from a particularly cunning Assassin pilot who thought to take advantage of your lances heavy on the LRMs flaws, you simply headshot the pirate in an absolutely beautiful shot as the pirate attempted to jumpjet into place to back stab.

I want the burning remains of the head mounted onto a very large plaque.

I also want the serial numbers of all these mechs checked to make sure they're not Comstar and find out whom they were actually after.

At the end of the day the pirate forces are gutted, none of the leadership survived the battle, and the jumpships are captured.

I guess the jumpships are also split up between the AFFS and TDF... though I suggest passing at least one to Rani for hosting this event... :p

Huzzah's and victory cheers are held. For once TDF and AFFS forces were on the same battlefield and not shooting at once another!

First, not the last.

Rani breaks two very sturdy beds with you that night.

Roll 2d6 please

2d6=5

Feel free to Re-roll elsewhere

Well hell...

Sub-cap roll is worse, but the Cap missile roll actually is okay for once.

2d6=5, 2d6=10

Last edited:

I hope you mean mollifies.

Of course I do.

Something to work towards.

Very much so.

Sounds like a great plan to me.

cool.

Well Marie certainly isn't at fault and Morgan's clearly a good kid.

Yep

Sounds like a great team.

You get the feeling Ian's willing to make it a defacto trifecta in part as well.

Celebratory moment

I'm currently looking at posting Corps as follows:
Taurian Guards Corps: Hyades Cluster to secure the capital and act as a reserve)

Same old then.

I Corps: rotated to secure the region from Haven Cluster to Sterope - someone needs to provide some cover there and they carried the brunt of recent operations.

Okay

II Corps: securing the new border with the Capellans (reinforced with short-term mercenaries).

Capallan raids are picking up. Several of the former capallan lords are also willing to swear fielty to you and the TC. They don't want to lose their homes and title and see the writing on the wall.

Capallan nobles are a bit self-serving like that.

III Corps: Pleiades Hussars in the Taurian March, rest of the Corps covering industrial worlds that surround the Hyades.

The Pleiades Hussars going home is a MAJOR propaganda moment and the MoP exploits the hell out of it.

Since each Corps is equivalent to around 7 normal sized 'Mech regiments and the only world on the Capellan border within one jump of a Capellan Confederation world is Muridox, that should secure the border and provide a good depth of coverage. (There's a reason I didn't want to extend further). Also while only one Corps is immediately facing the Capellans, two others are in position to support them - which is really about as far as my shipping can handle anyway. If I need to move all three Corps forward, that's a 'Mech force about half the size of the CCAF's total 'Mech force - so I think the border's reasonably secure.

Yep. Though raids are picking up a bit. Ian too has units on the new border and has his officers working closely with yours.

I'll also make clear that it's going to be at least couple of years before the TDF has completed its current expansions, trained up sufficient personnel and so forth to cope with our recent expansions. Not to mention explore the shorter term benefits of the technology in the technical library.

Yep. Speaking of which, anything you want to focus on?

I'm sure Ian won't mind his shirt getting a bit ripped once we reach the bedroom part of the tour.

There is much love making and the next week is spent putting on the dog and pony show for the Federated Suns nobility before back onto the princess...

d100 plez?

Still, a sturdy ground attack aircraft of some description could be of use, even if its role would be support of non-mech forces or popping in and out of terrain masking to plink into hostiles while they're occupied by our mechs.

Done and done. 2d6 labeled "Totally not a Warthog"

I see to it that they're treated fairly. There's no doubt that we'll use them and use them hard, but they should be aware there is proper compensation to go along with that.

It's their job.

It's my Happy Place.

It earns the nickname the Hall of Dying Cats among the serving staff... :p

Good to hear that bit. I should have a tour of the flagship institutions at some point in the near future, just to reinforce that, yes, I'm keeping this around and agree with the policies my predecessor set in this respect ...

Okay. You're expected to speak when you visit. Got a platform?

... but maybe not necessarily in this respect.

:p

Though I guess we could use this and get the reinforcement situated mostly on the Cappy end of that front so they're in place to respond to other possible aggression ... like, oh, the aggression I was fighting before being pulled into the lap of luxury and soul crushing responsibility.

Done. Though its suggested keeping some of them there to deal with Hansk's increased aggression.

Done and done. 2d6 labeled "Totally not a Warthog"

[dice]2712[/dice]

Not a phenomenal success, but given how often forum dice want my head on a platter I'll take it as a win.

It earns the nickname the Hall of Dying Cats among the serving staff... :p

... it's not like it's Hair Metal ...

Okay. You're expected to speak when you visit. Got a platform?

How education is steadily leading to an increase in living standards and increasing automation frees up more hands for other pursuits, be they in defense of the homeland or otherwise. If it's a military academy, throw in some anecdotes from my time in the field, brief though it was. Though to finish it up, I'll probably go and steal from Ferris Bueller and tell them it's okay to stop and smell the flowers, as it were, every once in a while.

... and yes, I'll take advice from the speechwriters. And maybe officiate a tabletop miniatures tournament or two. It's a long trip.

Done. Though its suggested keeping some of them there to deal with Hansk's increased aggression.

Never intended to take them all off watching that border, so yeah, that works. I just want a relatively fast and hard hitting response force in the area in case anything ... untoward ... happens.

... and then get together with whoever is running Trade and see what we might gain from actually having an exchange like that with the Suns. After all, that kind of thing makes people a bit more reluctant to shank you.[/QUOTE]

[dice]2712[/dice]

Not a phenomenal success, but given how often forum dice want my head on a platter I'll take it as a win.

Actually its a solidly good roll.

They start working on it and come up with something like this...

... it's not like it's Hair Metal ...

... which is at this moment the most popular form of music in the Inner Sphere. :p

Future of the 80s, dude. :D

How education is steadily leading to an increase in living standards and increasing automation frees up more hands for other pursuits, be they in defense of the homeland or otherwise. If it's a military academy, throw in some anecdotes from my time in the field, brief though it was. Though to finish it up, I'll probably go and steal from Ferris Bueller and tell them it's okay to stop and smell the flowers, as it were, every once in a while.

... and yes, I'll take advice from the speechwriters. And maybe officiate a tabletop miniatures tournament or two. It's a long trip.

2d6 please.

Never intended to take them all off watching that border, so yeah, that works. I just want a relatively fast and hard hitting response force in the area in case anything ... untoward ... happens.

Ah. Okay. Basically flexible defense.

... and then get together with whoever is running Trade and see what we might gain from actually having an exchange like that with the Suns. After all, that kind of thing makes people a bit more reluctant to shank you.

Well, Hanse Davion actually has sent multiple missions and messages but you predecessor has never responded and always replied by kicking his envoy's off planet with with the threat they'll be shot as spies if he catches them around and how your people will never submit...

So. Yeah.

You get the feeling Ian's willing to make it a defacto trifecta in part as well.
It may wind up that way. I shall discuss diplomacy with them. It seems to me that an alliance with House Steiner or House Marik would be quite beneficial and an alliance with both of them would be even more beneficial - although complicated by their general ancestral hatred of each other.

On the other hand, if they're both willing to (with perhaps suitable persuasion from the Federated Suns) make a ceasefire with each other in order to focus on their other borders this would put a lot of pressure on the Capellan Confederation and Draconis Combine, letting the Federated Suns maintain at least parity with both and prospectively also local superiority to whittle away at them.

Completely taking out another Successor State is probably beyond logistical expectations at this point - it's not just taking worlds over but also winning them over, which is a long term process. On the other hand, playing the long game and leveraging the greater technical knowledge available should leave the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordat in a stronger relative position ten to twenty years from now.

Capallan raids are picking up. Several of the former capallan lords are also willing to swear fielty to you and the TC. They don't want to lose their homes and title and see the writing on the wall.

Capallan nobles are a bit self-serving like that.
If it works out for us and they appear sincere, then I don't mind that but they'd be getting their titles on the terms of Taurian nobility not the Capellan terms. Nobles with a history of abusing their fiefs won't be left in place - and removing them allows rewards to distinguished Taurians (including the commander of the Concordat Reserve Cavalry).

The Pleiades Hussars going home is a MAJOR propaganda moment and the MoP exploits the hell out of it.
As they should.

Yep. Though raids are picking up a bit. Ian too has units on the new border and has his officers working closely with yours.
Do the Marshals have any recommendations for handling these raids.

Yep. Speaking of which, anything you want to focus on?
As a general thing I'd like to get jumpship and dropship production up, which is probably going to be the big-ticket item. This would have civilian benefits for trade and if we have a squadron of assault dropships covering border worlds then it'll be harder to successfully raid them. For ground units, the key technologies seem to be to be extralight fusion engines and double heatsinks (and the latter largely require endo steel). It seems to me our weapons are largely effective already - but if we have the improved heatsinks to use more and faster 'Mechs to carry them, then we'll have a considerably more effective force.

There is much love making and the next week is spent putting on the dog and pony show for the Federated Suns nobility before back onto the princess...
Sounds about right.

[dice]2714[/dice]

Actually its a solidly good roll.

They start working on it and come up with something like this...

... be still my beating heart. I send the think tank a fruit basket or something. Or a fruit alcohol basket.

And invite whoever is running them to meet with me and a military advisor to throw some ideas regarding combined arms at them. Like, I wonder, is anybody doing wire-guided missiles these days?

... which is at this moment the most popular form of music in the Inner Sphere. :p

Future of the 80s, dude. :D

... could be bad. OTOH, also BGC type music ... hrmmmmm ...

Worst comes to worst I can always sponsor a garage band or something.

[dice]2715[/dice]

well, that's a thing

Ah. Okay. Basically flexible defense.

Essentially.It kind of works well with a lot of Concordat units and it's the one thing I can bolster right here without tearing the existing structure up catastrophically ... potentially at least.

Well, Hanse Davion actually has sent multiple missions and messages but you predecessor has never responded and always replied by kicking his envoy's off planet with with the threat they'll be shot as spies if he catches them around and how your people will never submit...

So. Yeah.

... is there anything in that pile of discarded mail about cultural exchange aside from trade? You know, students and such?

Anyway, I get ... well, whoever the Minister of Trade, if I have such a person, is ... and the chief diplomancer, whatever his title may be ... together one day and breach the topic of using trade and cultural exchange to probe at the Suns and potentially stave off at least that vector of danger.

And if they have objections I quote the 'Know your enemy and know yourself' bit of the Art of War at them.

It may wind up that way. I shall discuss diplomacy with them. It seems to me that an alliance with House Steiner or House Marik would be quite beneficial and an alliance with both of them would be even more beneficial - although complicated by their general ancestral hatred of each other.

Hanse likes that idea and intends to negotiate with Katrina on the subject... while Ian's preoccupied.

On the other hand, if they're both willing to (with perhaps suitable persuasion from the Federated Suns) make a ceasefire with each other in order to focus on their other borders this would put a lot of pressure on the Capellan Confederation and Draconis Combine, letting the Federated Suns maintain at least parity with both and prospectively also local superiority to whittle away at them.

He'll mention the idea to Katrina of course. He's sure she'll be interested. Janos Marik on the otherhand, he can't be sure.

Completely taking out another Successor State is probably beyond logistical expectations at this point - it's not just taking worlds over but also winning them over, which is a long term process. On the other hand, playing the long game and leveraging the greater technical knowledge available should leave the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordat in a stronger relative position ten to twenty years from now.

That's something of an understatement. After studying the core, and taking into account the combined industrial might of the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordant gives you an industrial output at rough equivalency of the Lyran Commonwealth. Using that as a baseline, they believe you could be producing at least weapons technology on part with the Terran Hegemony by 3025 with civilian production of Star League tech normalized by 3035 at the latest.

The Taurian Concordant has per-capita the highest industrial output in entire human sphere, while the Federated Suns is the most populous of the successor states, but suffers from a sore lack of heavy industry.

With borders open, it's expected that there will be heavy Taurian industrial investment in the Davion Outback (especially in the Taurian March) while a goodly amount of immigration to the Concordant (or at least the Taurian March worlds) in turn.

If it works out for us and they appear sincere, then I don't mind that but they'd be getting their titles on the terms of Taurian nobility not the Capellan terms. Nobles with a history of abusing their fiefs won't be left in place - and removing them allows rewards to distinguished Taurians (including the commander of the Concordat Reserve Cavalry).

As long as they get to keep their homes and lands, they'll take a reduction in prestige.

They're going to actually time it so they arrive at about the same time you do. That way double propaganda coup.
Do the Marshals have any recommendations for handling these raids.
Counter raids.

As a general thing I'd like to get jumpship and dropship production up, which is probably going to be the big-ticket item. This would have civilian benefits for trade and if we have a squadron of assault dropships covering border worlds then it'll be harder to successfully raid them.

Thankfully you have several large yards capable of producing jumpships if only they had the missing parts.

And your husband has several companies who actively produce jumpships.

They're already in talks.

For ground units, the key technologies seem to be to be extralight fusion engines and double heatsinks (and the latter largely require endo steel). It seems to me our weapons are largely effective already - but if we have the improved heatsinks to use more and faster 'Mechs to carry them, then we'll have a considerably more effective force.

Your personnel largely agree, though they have some recordings of SL mechs being crippled by side torso impacts which are troublesome. Though some of the more interesting pieces of SL technology have caught the attention of your husband's men... they're drooling over the Gauss Rifle specs.

And the next week after is spent going from party to party to special event to special event.

You even get invited onto the Federated Suns most popular talk show. The Larry Singer show...

... be still my beating heart. I send the think tank a fruit basket or something. Or a fruit alcohol basket.

it's basically a 50 ton AC20 with wings and as much armor as they can cram onto the hull protecting the front and rear. It's designed to fly at the enemy, fire its huge ass fucking cannon, drop a shitload of bombs, then get the hell out of dodge before things get hairy.

It's a little shy on fuel (but that's what drop tanks are for) and only has 5 bursts worth of ammo but it costs just over 3/4 of a million C-bills and is the kind of thing that would make ground units with poor air cover cry for their mamas

And invite whoever is running them to meet with me and a military advisor to throw some ideas regarding combined arms at them. Like, I wonder, is anybody doing wire-guided missiles these days?

Nope. And seeker heads are actually pretty basic these days.

... could be bad. OTOH, also BGC type music ... hrmmmmm ...

Worst comes to worst I can always sponsor a garage band or something.

The music of this era rocks you philistine. :p

And Priss and the Replicants are a popular band that originates in the Draconis Combine...

[dice]2715[/dice]

well, that's a thing

The your is nothing exceptional. You raise your exposure but it's taken to be a bit canned.

Essentially.It kind of works well with a lot of Concordat units and it's the one thing I can bolster right here without tearing the existing structure up catastrophically ... potentially at least.

Yep. Though you still have some of your old persistent issues... but abandoning the paranoid stance of your predecessor has opened up an entire corps for other duties. Plus your other two battalions.

... is there anything in that pile of discarded mail about cultural exchange aside from trade? You know, students and such?

Honestly they were just trying to open regular contact with the paranoid crazy guy in the basement. :p

Anyway, I get ... well, whoever the Minister of Trade, if I have such a person, is ... and the chief diplomancer, whatever his title may be ... together one day and breach the topic of using trade and cultural exchange to probe at the Suns and potentially stave off at least that vector of danger.

They doubt it'll do anything with Duke Micheal Hansk-Davion but First-Prince Hanse on the otherhand, maybe...

And if they have objections I quote the 'Know your enemy and know yourself' bit of the Art of War at them.

They get it.

Last edited:
Hanse likes that idea and intends to negotiate with Katrina on the subject... while Ian's preoccupied.
Definitely something to leave to Hanse.

He'll mention the idea to Katrina of course. He's sure she'll be interested. Janos Marik on the otherhand, he can't be sure.
I wouldn't think that odds were great but Janos did show considerable restraint in the first decade or so of his reign in order to rebuild, so he might see the benefits. Of course it then depends if he can drag the rest of the League along with him...

That's something of an understatement. After studying the core, and taking into account the combined industrial might of the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordant gives you an industrial output at rough equivalency of the Lyran Commonwealth. Using that as a baseline, they believe you could be producing at least weapons technology on part with the Terran Hegemony by 3025 with civilian production of Star League tech normalized by 3035 at the latest.

The Taurian Concordant has per-capita the highest industrial output in entire human sphere, while the Federated Suns is the most populous of the successor states, but suffers from a sore lack of heavy industry.

With borders open, it's expected that there will be heavy Taurian industrial investment in the Davion Outback (especially in the Taurian March) while a goodly amount of immigration to the Concordant (or at least the Taurian March worlds) in turn.
That all seems fairly likely and I'm on board with those goals - we're looking at 10-20 years to start reaping the rewards.

As long as they get to keep their homes and lands, they'll take a reduction in prestige.
Good.

Hmm. I think that's what escalated into the recent clashes. But small raids on soft targets are authorised. And look at reinforcing aerospace forces in the areas affected.

Thankfully you have several large yards capable of producing jumpships if only they had the missing parts.

And your husband has several companies who actively produce jumpships.

They're already in talks.
Excellent...

Your personnel largely agree, though they have some recordings of SL mechs being crippled by side torso impacts which are troublesome. Though some of the more interesting pieces of SL technology have caught the attention of your husband's men... they're drooling over the Gauss Rifle specs.
It's like any engineering tool - extra-light engines are useful when used for the right purposes but shouldn't be applied to those they don't suit.
And yes, I know, Gauss Rifles are adorable.

And the next week after is spent going from party to party to special event to special event.

You even get invited onto the Federated Suns most popular talk show. The Larry Singer show...
...how long does it take Ian to talk me down from hiding on top of a wardrobe?

Definitely something to leave to Hanse.

2d100 plez.

I wouldn't think that odds were great but Janos did show considerable restraint in the first decade or so of his reign in order to rebuild, so he might see the benefits. Of course it then depends if he can drag the rest of the League along with him...

True. And you have been talking with his children much.

That all seems fairly likely and I'm on board with those goals - we're looking at 10-20 years to start reaping the rewards.

Yep.

Hmm. I think that's what escalated into the recent clashes. But small raids on soft targets are authorised. And look at reinforcing aerospace forces in the areas affected.

True... but that's part and passel for the 3rd Succession War

The Taurians want access to the Davion's lingering technical ability and the Davions want access to Taurian industry.

It's like any engineering tool - extra-light engines are useful when used for the right purposes but shouldn't be applied to those they don't suit.

*nods*

And yes, I know, Gauss Rifles are adorable.

And Davions love them some projectile weapons.

...how long does it take Ian to talk me down from hiding on top of a wardrobe?

He has to go on the Morning Show with Bevis and Kathy May... so Hanse basically has to drag you both...

it's basically a 50 ton AC20 with wings and as much armor as they can cram onto the hull protecting the front and rear. It's designed to fly at the enemy, fire its huge ass fucking cannon, drop a shitload of bombs, then get the hell out of dodge before things get hairy.

It's a little shy on fuel (but that's what drop tanks are for) and only has 5 bursts worth of ammo but it costs just over 3/4 of a million C-bills and is the kind of thing that would make ground units with poor air cover cry for their mamas

Nice. Though I do make sure to get actual pilots' opinions and feedback on the matter, or rather, suggest those are taken into account. Personally, I suggest they mod the AC to allow for single shots rather than bursts - that should extend its operational time and make it more efficient against ground targets that don't carry around ridiculous amounts of armor - and start thinking on an AC10 version for a similar reason.

Retain the think-tank that came up with it.

And idea for later would be a dedicated long range support aircraft fitted with an array of AC2s or AC5s ... hell, I wonder if anyone is selling licenses on the Cobra VTOL airframe.

Nope. And seeker heads are actually pretty basic these days.

In that case I pitch the idea of wire guided missiles. Hm.Are any of the current seeker heads using IR? Because to me it always looked as though everything was mostly fire and forget and used returns off your radar.

The music of this era rocks you philistine. :p

And Priss and the Replicants are a popular band that originates in the Draconis Combine...

Do they do tours?

The your is nothing exceptional. You raise your exposure but it's taken to be a bit canned.

I guess I'm just not cut out for playing media darling.

Yep. Though you still have some of your old persistent issues... but abandoning the paranoid stance of your predecessor has opened up an entire corps for other duties. Plus your other two battalions.

That'll help.

Honestly they were just trying to open regular contact with the paranoid crazy guy in the basement. :p

We'll, they have my attention now.

They doubt it'll do anything with Duke Micheal Hansk-Davion but First-Prince Hanse on the otherhand, maybe...

Pull the more recent attempts and send a polite reply through diplomatic channels. Also, get my people to put together a wishlist of what we'd need to trade for and what we could export to boost our economy.

... and see if there are any ideas for up arming or supporting trade runs, because if those happen they might just be a tempting target.

[dice]2748[/dice]

True. And you have been talking with his children much.
That may help.

And then the real problems will no doubt start to arise.

True... but that's part and passel for the 3rd Succession War
Second Age of War. Just as much of a waste as the first one.

The Taurians want access to the Davion's lingering technical ability and the Davions want access to Taurian industry.
And the Pleiades will hopefully get the best of both. Speaking of which, perhaps a dedicated military academy for the Pleiades would be a good idea. It's a fresh recruitment ground in some regards.

And they're _particularly_ useful for aerospace fighters.

And Davions love them some projectile weapons.
That they do...

He has to go on the Morning Show with Bevis and Kathy May... so Hanse basically has to drag you both...
Hanse now faces his first regrets about this marriage. And just think what the children will be like. Future Calderons and Davions will be hikkomori.

So how does the torment talk show go?

Nice. Though I do make sure to get actual pilots' opinions and feedback on the matter, or rather, suggest those are taken into account. Personally, I suggest they mod the AC to allow for single shots rather than bursts - that should extend its operational time and make it more efficient against ground targets that don't carry around ridiculous amounts of armor - and start thinking on an AC10 version for a similar reason.

Wouldn't be an AC20 anymore if you did that.

Retain the think-tank that came up with it.

They're already part of TMI

And idea for later would be a dedicated long range support aircraft fitted with an array of AC2s or AC5s ... hell, I wonder if anyone is selling licenses on the Cobra VTOL airframe.

The license is owned by Aldis Industries, but they're Capallan... :p

In that case I pitch the idea of wire guided missiles. Hm.Are any of the current seeker heads using IR? Because to me it always looked as though everything was mostly fire and forget and used returns off your radar.

Most use radar returns due to the price of most dedicated seekerheads.

Yes.

I guess I'm just not cut out for playing media darling.

Not cute enough.

We'll, they have my attention now.

Yeah, but are you still crazy and paranoid? :p

Pull the more recent attempts and send a polite reply through diplomatic channels. Also, get my people to put together a wishlist of what we'd need to trade for and what we could export to boost our economy.

Hanse sends an ambassador quick.

... and see if there are any ideas for up arming or supporting trade runs, because if those happen they might just be a tempting target.

Would be nice to up mech production.

[dice]2748[/dice]

And news comes in that Hanse is in the hospital.

Seems that he and Katrina... well...

He's got a Cracked Pelvis.

He refuses to explain how but according him to him it was "totally worth it"

And then the real problems will no doubt start to arise.

Between Comstar and the Clans, there's two large gorillas in the room.

Second Age of War. Just as much of a waste as the first one.

Even worse. During the first at least there was actually technological progression and Comstar wasn't dicking about in the background. And the Space Mongols were not debating if they should invade or not in secret.

And the Pleiades will hopefully get the best of both. Speaking of which, perhaps a dedicated military academy for the Pleiades would be a good idea. It's a fresh recruitment ground in some regards.

Might be a good idea. Be something to discuss later.

And they're _particularly_ useful for aerospace fighters.

A yep.

That they do...

Hanse now faces his first regrets about this marriage.

He had to send someone to do it for him too... on account of the cracked pelvis.

When asked about that he just gets the stupidist smile ever and mutters how it was worth it.

And just think what the children will be like. Future Calderons and Davions will be hikkomori.

The media is something you suffer through

So how does the torment talk show go?

2d6 please

Wouldn't be an AC20 anymore if you did that.

Point. Anyway, the thought remains - get a variant out there that has longer legs, in terms of ammo. CAS isn't just striking power, it's the ability to provide continuing coverage.

The license is owned by Aldis Industries, but they're Capallan... :p

What do we currently use for VTOL transport anyway? Because I don't much feel like jumping into bed with the Confed. Don't suppose we could reach out to Canopus for that?

Most use radar returns due to the price of most dedicated seekerheads.

IR is actually cheaper though, if possibly more easily spoofed by environment occasionally. Still, wire guided missiles and IR seeker heads for fire and forget ... who knows, the latter might actually result in a cheaper alternative to STREAK SRMs.

... must ... resist ... urge ...

Oh, who am I kidding? I have people make inquiries and intend to treat myself for my next birthday.

Yeah, but are you still crazy and paranoid? :p

Yes on the former, and my security precautions probably

Hanse sends an ambassador quick.

Excellent. By the time they get here we'll have some form of trade agreement draft ready

Would be nice to up mech production.

I was actually thinking more gunships for escort.

In terms of mechs tho ... yeah, we need some more sturdy things we could produce domestically. I was actually wondering if we couldn't get licenses for some Griffin models. Even just the GFR-1N and GFR-1S would be good.

We could also do with some heavier metal but I have to wonder what's practical there. If the FedSuns trade deals get made, I might consider the Black Knight. That thing is pretty autonomous. Well, I guess we could also get it from the FWL.

And news comes in that Hanse is in the hospital.

Seems that he and Katrina... well...

He's got a Cracked Pelvis.

He refuses to explain how but according him to him it was "totally worth it"
...I'm going to be honest, I don't blame him in the slightest. (And if anything comes of this, Melissa gets a father figure.)

Between Comstar and the Clans, there's two large gorillas in the room.
Dinosaurs. Not gorillas. Dinosaurs.

How's Hanse been getting on looking for evidence on ComStar?

Even worse. During the first at least there was actually technological progression and Comstar wasn't dicking about in the background. And the Space Mongols were not debating if they should invade or not in secret.
Indeed.

Might be a good idea. Be something to discuss later.
Indeed.

A yep.

That they do...
Oh yes indeed. Something for us to work on.

He had to send someone to do it for him too... on account of the cracked pelvis.

When asked about that he just gets the stupidist smile ever and mutters how it was worth it.
I'm not disagreeing with him. I'm happy for him in fact. I'm just considering whether or not he or Katrina thought about protection. Rolled for that:
[dice]2754[/dice]

The media is something you suffer through
Indeed.

Talkshow consequences
[dice]2755[/dice]

Point. Anyway, the thought remains - get a variant out there that has longer legs, in terms of ammo. CAS isn't just striking power, it's the ability to provide continuing coverage.

Problem is the nature of conventionals in Battletech. They tend to have tinfoil for armor and thus are more strike and GTFO before they get blown up.

What do we currently use for VTOL transport anyway? Because I don't much feel like jumping into bed with the Confed. Don't suppose we could reach out to Canopus for that?

Locally built Karnovs

IR is actually cheaper though, if possibly more easily spoofed by environment occasionally. Still, wire guided missiles and IR seeker heads for fire and forget ... who knows, the latter might actually result in a cheaper alternative to STREAK SRMs.

The tracker head used by LRM/SRMs are basically universal these days... they're just reasonably simple to avoid having million-cbill missiles.

... must ... resist ... urge ...

Oh, who am I kidding? I have people make inquiries and intend to treat myself for my next birthday.

They'll contact their managers.

Yes on the former, and my security precautions probably

Fair enough.

Excellent. By the time they get here we'll have some form of trade agreement draft ready

2d6

I was actually thinking more gunships for escort.

In terms of mechs tho ... yeah, we need some more sturdy things we could produce domestically. I was actually wondering if we couldn't get licenses for some Griffin models. Even just the GFR-1N and GFR-1S would be good.

Actually you have an old Griffin line that is not currently producing due to damage to several critical tooling components during the reunification war...

Same is true for a Wolverine line.

We could also do with some heavier metal but I have to wonder what's practical there. If the FedSuns trade deals get made, I might consider the Black Knight. That thing is pretty autonomous. Well, I guess we could also get it from the FWL.

Honestly your best export is manufactured goods.

The Concordant is pretty much a heavy industrial haven in the middle of nowhere.

And as an offhand... read the whole thread. You might get ideas.

...I'm going to be honest, I don't blame him in the slightest. (And if anything comes of this, Melissa gets a father figure.)

Yeah. Though they wonder what they did to crack his pelvis.

Dinosaurs. Not gorillas. Dinosaurs.

You get the point though.

How's Hanse been getting on looking for evidence on ComStar?

2d6 :)

Oh yes indeed. Something for us to work on.

Looking forward to that.

I'm not disagreeing wit him. I'm happy for him in fact. I'm just considering whether or not he or Katrina thought about protection. Rolled for that:
[dice]2754[/dice]

They did but... to say the condom broke would be something of an understatement.

Talkshow consequences
[dice]2755[/dice]

The guy was a sleeze but he asked the right questions and seemed to be pretty much on the level due to the fact Ian would probably step on him in his atlas if he tried to make you look bad.

Though he did try his best to turn up the controversy a bit without actually antagonizing anyone.

As fir Ian's he found it to be the most dull experience of his life.

And they want to meet you next!

You get the point though.
Yes.

[dice]2763[/dice]

Looking forward to that.
Get some teams working on working out updates for our domestic ASF production to use XL engines and DHS. See what options there are for extra armour, extra weapons or extra speed.

They did but... to say the condom broke would be something of an understatement.
Oh... oh that could get interesting.

The guy was a sleeze but he asked the right questions and seemed to be pretty much on the level due to the fact Ian would probably step on him in his atlas if he tried to make you look bad.

Though he did try his best to turn up the controversy a bit without actually antagonizing anyone.

As fir Ian's he found it to be the most dull experience of his life.

And they want to meet you next!
I'll see if I can find a happy face somewhere... think of Ian... yes, that'll get me through the day.

Problem is the nature of conventionals in Battletech. They tend to have tinfoil for armor and thus are more strike and GTFO before they get blown up.

Only partially true, and that's why you use combined arms. Use these things in combination with mechs and the enemy has higher value targets to shoot at. Meanwhile, an AC10 or less can reach out and touch someone in a very special way, conventionals doubly so, so using something with a high cruise speed to maximize fire modifiers against them and minimize fire modifiers from them ... yeah.

Also, this is basically true for light mech tactics as well.

See if we can't get something done with those then. They should be able to handle a gunship refit. The russian sounding name gives me hope.

The tracker head used by LRM/SRMs are basically universal these days... they're just reasonably simple to avoid having million-cbill missiles.

Point. Still, no harm in exploring alternatives. That's how progress is made. And wire guided still seems like a good idea to me. Needs more attention that fire and forget, yes, but also can't be spoofed by ECM or similar.

They'll contact their managers.

^^

Totally not because the frontwoman is hot or anything.

preparing to horribly fail tradecraft roll ...

[dice]2764[/dice]

Actually you have an old Griffin line that is not currently producing due to damage to several critical tooling components during the reunification war...

Same is true for a Wolverine line.

... that is very good news. I love the Wolverine, personally - it's an all aspect, well armored mech with great brawling potential. The Griffin is damn good at mobility and shooting stuff.

Don't suppose we can mention those parts in the FedSuns trade talks ... or maybe reach out to Canopus if they have a line on them ...

Honestly your best export is manufactured goods.

The Concordant is pretty much a heavy industrial haven in the middle of nowhere.

Then that's the bulk of our trade offer. Let's see if we can't convince Hanse to farm out his vehicle manufacturing some ... aaaaand if that means we have to get standard blueprints for said vehicles, well, bonus!

That aside ... on my visit to the Concordat's centers of learning, I sit down with some brighter minds and pitch the idea that consumer electronics don't _need_ to be hardened to high heaven most of the time, and the concept of servers, terminals, distributed networking and communications protocols.

And as an offhand... read the whole thread. You might get ideas.

I did. I'm trying not to copy and past things wholesale.

[dice]2763[/dice]

Suspicious coincidences that would have been missed had he not know what to look for, but no actual evidence.

Get some teams working on working out updates for our domestic ASF production to use XL engines and DHS. See what options there are for extra armour, extra weapons or extra speed.

They'll do some test designs... but remember, you do have access to all the Royal fighter designs

Oh... oh that could get interesting.

Yep.

Seems she's kinda freaky in bed from the sound of things.

I'll see if I can find a happy face somewhere... think of Ian... yes, that'll get me through the day.

Well, this one is extremely vapid and you spend 30 minutes talking about absolutely nothing.

Seriously, you're left wondering if they're actual people or simply extremely advanced robots.

So, time to leave new Avalon and tour your new holdings.

d100?

Only partially true, and that's why you use combined arms. Use these things in combination with mechs and the enemy has higher value targets to shoot at. Meanwhile, an AC10 or less can reach out and touch someone in a very special way, conventionals doubly so, so using something with a high cruise speed to maximize fire modifiers against them and minimize fire modifiers from them ... yeah.

A heavy conventional like this, especially one designed as a bomb truck, doesn't do "high speed" very well.

Understand this fighter was built to fly in, drop ALL THE PAIN on its target, then bugger off before it got blown out of the air.

If you want something able to stay at range and loiter, you're better off waiting for the advent of the Guass Rifle or using a much more expensive craft with PPCs

Also, this is basically true for light mech tactics as well.

Light mechs are best used as scouts and harassers not front line combatants.

See if we can't get something done with those then. They should be able to handle a gunship refit. The russian sounding name gives me hope.

They're not really designed for it though. They're a cargo chopper.

So what exactly do you want done with them?

Point. Still, no harm in exploring alternatives. That's how progress is made. And wire guided still seems like a good idea to me. Needs more attention that fire and forget, yes, but also can't be spoofed by ECM or similar.

2d6

Totally not because the frontwoman is hot or anything.

Heh.

preparing to horribly fail tradecraft roll ...

[dice]2764[/dice]

Ye olde Generic Trade Agreement.

... that is very good news. I love the Wolverine, personally - it's an all aspect, well armored mech with great brawling potential. The Griffin is damn good at mobility and shooting stuff.

Don't suppose we can mention those parts in the FedSuns trade talks ...

2d6

or maybe reach out to Canopus if they have a line on them ...

No, but they do have a fully functional Shadow Hawk production line... and they'd LOVE to expand production... and would be willing to offer a copy of their Shadow Hawk tooling as part of the exchange.

Then that's the bulk of our trade offer. Let's see if we can't convince Hanse to farm out his vehicle manufacturing some ... aaaaand if that means we have to get standard blueprints for said vehicles, well, bonus!

You have the money to buy them outright or invite companies that do produce them to the concordant.

That aside ... on my visit to the Concordat's centers of learning, I sit down with some brighter minds and pitch the idea that consumer electronics don't _need_ to be hardened to high heaven most of the time, and the concept of servers, terminals, distributed networking and communications protocols.

First, it's not that they're hardened, it's that the optical based computers used are naturally resistant to EM. And actually they do to a degree. Close proximity to fusion reactors tends to do unholy things to most unshielded conventional electronics

I did. I'm trying not to copy and past things wholesale.

Alright. Just there's a lot of phat loot to be had.

[dice]2873[/dice]

Not bad.

No, but they do have a fully functional Shadow Hawk production line... and they'd LOVE to expand production... and would be willing to offer a copy of their Shadow Hawk tooling as part of the exchange.

Well, us Periphery states would have to hang together eventually, lest we all hang separately. And the geography is advantageous. I write them as much, and hint a bit at a possible advantageous trade relationship, maybe a defense pact even? I mean, Cappies are stirring again and that can't make the Canopians comfortable.

If they feel like playing ... well, they can send someone over and we'll talk.

You have the money to buy them outright or invite companies that do produce them to the concordant.

While I could just throw money at the problem, I'd rather invite some of the advisers for a business supper ... including some of the more accomplished instructors from the military academies as well as economists ... and see what we actually need. I'll still pursue my pet combined arms doctrine, but ... well, we have the option of bolstering existing forces with some good purchasing, Let's see how that works.

... meanwhile, I'll quietly send out feelers to dispossessed Mechwarriors with halfway decent reputations. Someone once said that a picture is worth a thousand words. I might as well start putting together a regiment based around the combined arms doctrine, or at least start to lay the groundwork for one.

First, it's not that they're hardened, it's that the optical based computers used are naturally resistant to EM. And actually they do to a degree. Close proximity to fusion reactors tends to do unholy things to most unshielded conventional electronics

Yeah, but consumer electronics don't need to be in close proximity. Throw some mad money at the civil sector CompSci and see if we can't revive and perfect the transistor.

[dice]2873[/dice]

Not bad.

The Federated Suns would be interested in selling you the parts... but... in exchange Hanse would like payment in war material. As not to antagonize your anti-davion faction, he's willing to have it sent to Duke Aeron Sandoval rather than anyone you share a border with..

Well, us Periphery states would have to hang together eventually, lest we all hang separately. And the geography is advantageous. I write them as much, and hint a bit at a possible advantageous trade relationship, maybe a defense pact even? I mean, Cappies are stirring again and that can't make the Canopians comfortable.

If they feel like playing ... well, they can send someone over and we'll talk.

They do.

In fact Kyalla Centrella would like to meet with you personally as you have contacted her at a very opportune moment...

While I could just throw money at the problem, I'd rather invite some of the advisers for a business supper ... including some of the more accomplished instructors from the military academies as well as economists ... and see what we actually need. I'll still pursue my pet combined arms doctrine, but ... well, we have the option of bolstering existing forces with some good purchasing, Let's see how that works.

Honestly, the TDF is undersized and could use a lot of everything. You're actually biased in the production of mechs. You have no medium production, ample heavy production, no assaults, and your only lights are bug mechs and a commando knockoff. Your vehicular production is limited across the board as well.... though you do produce more small arms than the Capallan Confederation.

If you want combined arms

... meanwhile, I'll quietly send out feelers to dispossessed Mechwarriors with halfway decent reputations. Someone once said that a picture is worth a thousand words. I might as well start putting together a regiment based around the combined arms doctrine, or at least start to lay the groundwork for one.

The problem with that is transport capability. How are you going to magically move around this wonderful combined arms force, and exactly what do you want it to consist of? Keep in mind, the TDF already makes use of Combined Arms formations

roll 2d6 for the mechwarriors

Yeah, but consumer electronics don't need to be in close proximity. Throw some mad money at the civil sector CompSci and see if we can't revive and perfect the transistor.

2d6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back