• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (24), 3012
It'll take a while. It's A BIG DAMNED cluster.
So the Far Lookers will be busy exploring a relatively localised region rather than spread out across hundreds of light years finding problems for me? Not seeing a downside.

Now what you want DONE with it?
The parts and so forth should be studied to see what gaps it fills for us in our knowledge of the technology or what new avenues they suggest. Any actual data storage, go through with a fine toothcomb (and if/when Ian shares data from Halstead station, share copies of any data here as a sign of good faith).

If a Maultier can be patched up, run it in front of TDF command for evaluation. I'm not sure we have heavy hover APCs and this would fill that role very well - not to mention compliment our J.Edgar hover tanks nicely. If they

They're all for it. And it'll take 3 months to finish covering losses at the cost of delaying current exports.
I don't want to cut too much into current exports. How long to make good our losses if we let current exports go on? We can look at future export deals with an eye for keeping a larger slice of production for ourselves.

Are the TDF currently using the 4-company battalion model mentioned in FM: Periphery? If not then we can start gradually expanding to that. If we are then the next step to me is to start further reinforcing our regiments to include a fourth battalion.

In general I want to look towards a square organisation: 4 lances per company, 4 companies per battalion, 4 battalions per regiment, 4 regiments (1 Mech, 3 supporting) per brigade and 4 brigades per Corps for the BattleMech units. That's a long term goal of course.

I'm sorry but you'll never make it as a professional gambler.

Hanse looks at Ian who nods and says, "If you were to, say, have information on such a find we'd have much to discuss... and much to offer one another."
"I don't want to get over-excited at what may not be as positive as I expect. If Halstead Station and another project that I won't share at this point pay off then I'll have the confidence in my information and my instincts to look at more ambitious projects... and be able to sell co-operating with the Federated Suns on those projects to my people."

Depends on engagement location.
Which wouldn't be entirely my say.

I need 2 more rolls but they bite. 3 full Regiments are burning for the planet like a bat out of hell.
If they're identified as regiments of the MAC then send a pre-agreed code to the Davions which basically means: "go for Menke now."

[dice]1930[/dice][dice]1932[/dice]
(oh hell)

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon (19) 3031-2?

Also, I inform the Ministers of Trade and Colonization, the Interior, and the head of the Diplomat corps the terms of the agreement made between myself and the Ambassador. Personally I'm of the opinion that any agreement is only worth the paper it's signed on, as this is still entirely verbal...

I would appreciate them sending someone over to the Magistrix to get this formalized.

They do and within a week you have your treaty.

The current plan, is wait a few months, get the I, II, and III corps ready to move out and then have the three of them take Rollis along with whatever mercenary support I can scrounge up. Have the Taurian Guards and IV Corps stick around and act as guards/reserves. Second wave is to take Larsha, Yursi, Corodiz, though, depending on how many mercenaries I can get, I'd also like to Zanzibar and Muridox. After that third and forth wave are to try and take Jacson, Mitchell, Victoria, and Menke. We'll see how good of a shape we're in after that.

Alright. Though both of the others are pushing you to commit quickly.

Now as to the question of mercenaries. Do you want me to generalize the contract offers made?

Or do you want me to list out specific units I try to see are available?

You can do both. Roll for each individual unit on its own.

For general, I'm offering two types of contracts, one is garrison duties for company level units and lower. Any lances and individual mechs will be grouped together into company sized forces and ordered to garrison the areas that were guarded by the Corps. They're offered enough pay to take care of their operating expenses, and with hazard pay authorized in case of actual combat as well as at cost discounts for any ammunition used. In addition, if they participate in any coordinated training with the local forces, they will be reimbursed for time spent, though not to the extent of the hazard pay. As for salvage, they get first pick of anything they shoot down.

Ammo traditionally counts as expenses.

The second type of contract is for those who are at least a battalion level and above. They'll be offered pay at well above their operating expenses and as well as generous hazard pay, with their ammunition supplies to be taken care of in gratis. They will be offered free use of the army's support technicians for those that need it, but obviously only after the army's needs are met. They have right to all salvage they personally shoot down, and first pick of any combined kills. In addition they will receive a 25% discount on any military purchase made from the Concordat for the next five years. Mechs, armor, planes, weapons, ammo, they get the discount.

You get a lot of moderately sized units interested.

I'm hoping to at least get five more regiments to attack with, out of these terms.

You'd have to sweeten the deal a bit for the smaller or approch larger formations.

So the Far Lookers will be busy exploring a relatively localised region rather than spread out across hundreds of light years finding problems for me? Not seeing a downside.

Heh.

The parts and so forth should be studied to see what gaps it fills for us in our knowledge of the technology or what new avenues they suggest. Any actual data storage, go through with a fine toothcomb (and if/when Ian shares data from Halstead station, share copies of any data here as a sign of good faith).

Alright.

If a Maultier can be patched up, run it in front of TDF command for evaluation. I'm not sure we have heavy hover APCs and this would fill that role very well - not to mention compliment our J.Edgar hover tanks nicely. If they

There are a number that are semi-functional

I don't want to cut too much into current exports. How long to make good our losses if we let current exports go on? We can look at future export deals with an eye for keeping a larger slice of production for ourselves.

6-9 months.

Are the TDF currently using the 4-company battalion model mentioned in FM: Periphery? If not then we can start gradually expanding to that. If we are then the next step to me is to start further reinforcing our regiments to include a fourth battalion.

Yes they are.

In general I want to look towards a square organisation: 4 lances per company, 4 companies per battalion, 4 battalions per regiment, 4 regiments (1 Mech, 3 supporting) per brigade and 4 brigades per Corps for the BattleMech units. That's a long term goal of course.

It's seen as a good plan. Ambitious. Would you like to expand to VI line corps as well?

"I don't want to get over-excited at what may not be as positive as I expect. If Halstead Station and another project that I won't share at this point pay off then I'll have the confidence in my information and my instincts to look at more ambitious projects... and be able to sell co-operating with the Federated Suns on those projects to my people."

"Understood. We'll meet again I guess."

Which wouldn't be entirely my say.

Yep.

If they're identified as regiments of the MAC then send a pre-agreed code to the Davions which basically means: "go for Menke now."

They are. As regiments of the MAC... and...

And there seems to be another regiment... oh look. It's Warrior House Lu Sann!

With the fucking DEATH COMMANDOS along for the ride...

They're headed towards the capitol too.

Seems that Liao thinks the best way to examine the cashe is simply to take the planet and do it entirely at his leisure.

[dice]1932[/dice]
(oh hell)

But at least the Big Mac are headed right into the trap.

You're on a direct HPG link right now. Any orders?

You might want to roll a bit and do some on your feet thinking.

Forgot to ask what else was found there. Could be samples of other designs.

There are a number that are semi-functional
Well let's try and make them fully functional or as close as we can manage.

That should suffice.

Good.

It's seen as a good plan. Ambitious. Would you like to expand to VI line corps as well?
Not at this point. With the current territory four Corps are sufficient. If we reach the intended level and further expansion looks in order, then we can explore additional Corps commands being formed. We're already looking at adding something like 1600 extra 'Mechs to our order of battle under the plan I have.

"Understood. We'll meet again I guess."
"I think that's a distinct possibility."

And there seems to be another regiment... oh look. It's Warrior House Lu Sann!

With the fucking DEATH COMMANDOS along for the ride...

They're headed towards the capitol too.

Seems that Liao thinks the best way to examine the cashe is simply to take the planet and do it entirely at his leisure.

But at least the Big Mac are headed right into the trap.

You're on a direct HPG link right now. Any orders?

You might want to roll a bit and do some on your feet thinking.
With 1/3rd the Taurian Guards Corps off in the far distance and 1/3rd torn up already this isn't be best news I've ever had.

Step 1. Close the trap on the Big MAC. Dealing with the rest of the Liao forces will be much much easier if they don't have three regiments of McCarron's to support them.
[dice]1933[/dice]

Step 2. Have the garrison stall and slow LuSann and the Death Commandos as much as possible until reinforcements arrive.
[dice]1934[/dice]

Step 3. Assemble an aerospace force to take out the jumpships. They're not to go in though until they can go in with reinforcements. For which purposes I'm sending Gordon's Armored Cavalry and pulling a couple of crack infantry regiments out of the Hyades to back them up.

Forgot to ask what else was found there. Could be samples of other designs.

Nothing you don't already theoretically have.

Well let's try and make them fully functional or as close as we can manage.

Alright. They manage to restore a company of them.

Not at this point. With the current territory four Corps are sufficient. If we reach the intended level and further expansion looks in order, then we can explore additional Corps commands being formed. We're already looking at adding something like 1600 extra 'Mechs to our order of battle under the plan I have.

WIll take several years to do.

"I think that's a distinct possibility."

So I guess this is the meeting.

With 1/3rd the Taurian Guards Corps off in the far distance and 1/3rd torn up already this isn't be best news I've ever had.

Step 1. Close the trap on the Big MAC. Dealing with the rest of the Liao forces will be much much easier if they don't have three regiments of McCarron's to support them.
[dice]1933[/dice]

The Big Mac burn right for the drop sight. A small unit of all volunteers taken from the ranks of the dispossessed who will be given mechs should they survive (or have a mech or big cash settlement given to their next of kin should they die) meet them in a faux attempt to hold them off followed by a withdraw. Those who can't make it out fight to the death. Most of them are either bitter old men and women who want a better future for their kids, or young and bitter men and woman who are willing to risk utter death for an honest chance.

But they do buy enough time. They do thier job, they make it look real, and then they literally run for the hills (which will protect them from the bombs). Out of the battalion sized unit there's only 5 survivors.

As for MacCarron's forces... they bought it hook line and sinker. Virtually all three regiments, except for a couple stragglers who were sent to run down the survivors are vaporized by several nuclear warhead hidden in and about the faculty. Archie McCarron lived just long enough to say "Oh Shit." before taking 250 kilotons to the face.

Seems one of the techs who set it up decided to have a short range communicator broadcast the following: "I am a Nuclear Bomb. I will explode in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Toodles!"

In 1/100th of a second you just disintigrated 3/5s of one of the largest merc units in the inner sphere right down to the dropships.

Step 2. Have the garrison stall and slow LuSann and the Death Commandos as much as possible until reinforcements arrive.
[dice]1934[/dice]

They go in guns blazing and cut a bloody rampage across the suburbs of the city, making liberal use of Infernos to control any ground forces of civilian assets that get in their way.

Once it becomes clear that this was simply an elaborate trap (they picked up the terrified streaming of the last couple surviving mercs) they decide that taking the planet is untenable. The Death Commandos switch to Nerve Gas while the Warrior House is sent to target the civilian infrastructure...

Step 3. Assemble an aerospace force to take out the jumpships.

Actually, do remember you're not a general so you told your officers to plan this after giving them a general idea. One of them already had this in the works.

As soon as the drop ships were committed on the ground, a large contingent of the SASF backed up by a large force of ASFs jumped in near the various jumpships... he decided on his own that it would be wasteful to allow so many cappy jumpships to just up and LEAVE...

They're not to go in though until they can go in with reinforcements. For which purposes I'm sending Gordon's Armored Cavalry and pulling a couple of crack infantry regiments out of the Hyades to back them up.

The GAC and Infantry are deployed as quickly as possible. Any Civilian jumpships in the path are ordered to prioritize military traffic.

Considering these fuckers just used WMDs to attack Taurian Civilians the general attitude is baying for blood.

And I need some 2d6 rolls including a general public reaction roll.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19) 3031

They do and within a week you have your treaty.
Good.

Alright. Though both of the others are pushing you to commit quickly.
And while I would love to do that, attacking with only 9 regiments, with five in reserve, isn't exactly... optimal.

You can do both. Roll for each individual unit on its own.
OOC: The pickings here would be lot slimmer if old Taki hadn't issued his 'Death to Mercenaries' command. Thanks Taki! Even then though, some of these I'm not so sure of time wise, at least on whether they've been hired or not.

21st Centauri Lancers.Bronson's Horde. Crater Cobras. Cameron's Legion. Fuchida's Fusiliers. Gabhardt's Carabineers. Greenburg's Godzillas. Gregg's Longstriders. Helmut's Hermits. Hansen's Roughriders. Harlock's Warriors. Hsien's Hotheads.(offer to buy out their debt) Hell's Black Aces. Khrosakhov's cossaks. Kingston's Caballeros. Legion of the Rising Sun. Lone Star Regiment. Lone Wolves. Markson's Marauders. Redfield's renegades. Sathen's snipers. Screaming Eagles. Simonson's Cutthroats. St. Cyr Heavy Assault Group. 104th Striker Regiment. The Thumpers. Vandelay's Valkyries. 12th vegan rangers. Wilson's Hussars.(Because I've a soft spot for them.)

OOC: So I roll 1d6 for all of these indvidually, right?

Ammo traditionally counts as expenses.
Alright then, both contracts get ammo covered for free. Also, even though I really don't see the point of them, the garrison contracts offer minor landholds on the planets they guard, while the assault contracts offer decent land holds on the worlds being conquered.

You get a lot of moderately sized units interested.
Better then none.

You'd have to sweeten the deal a bit for the smaller or approach larger formations.
See the land holds offered above.

Now, during this time were we're organizing the TDF, hiring mercenaries, and firming up supply lines, I approach the head of the TMI for a job. I want him to secure a few jumpships and dropships along with loyal men, to investigate some potential lostech caches. Once assembled, I have them sent out to check the following.

1. Rivin in the Outworld Alliance. An installation there, mention in Merc Supplemental II holds an Lostech Cache, along with Star League data, though it's not discussed what exactly.

2. Loxley in the Lyran section of the FedCom. There should be an abandoned Star League factory in the Gray Mountain area, originally found by Storm's Metal Thunders, that is developed into Norse Storm Technologies. The Gray Mountain part is listed in the original Field Manual Mercenaries on page 84.

3. Illyria, underneath the capital city, there should be a Castle Brian. Bring a diplomat along to negotiate the rights to excavation as they're apparently serious about that. OOC: You know about this one, right? ;)

4. Epsilon Eridani, in the Shamus Mountains, there's a Star League Depot. In it there should at least be a Colossus dropship, possibly more. Be careful and try to not to alert the Liao. This one has the highest priority, as I doubt the Liao are going to be well inclined to us after we enter the war.

Last edited:
Nothing you don't already theoretically have.
Okay

Alright. They manage to restore a company of them.
Let's see what the TDF think of them.

WIll take several years to do.
So no point worrying about building new Corps at this point.

So I guess this is the meeting.
Yes

The Big Mac burn right for the drop sight. A small unit of all volunteers taken from the ranks of the dispossessed who will be given mechs should they survive (or have a mech or big cash settlement given to their next of kin should they die) meet them in a faux attempt to hold them off followed by a withdraw. Those who can't make it out fight to the death. Most of them are either bitter old men and women who want a better future for their kids, or young and bitter men and woman who are willing to risk utter death for an honest chance.

But they do buy enough time. They do thier job, they make it look real, and then they literally run for the hills (which will protect them from the bombs). Out of the battalion sized unit there's only 5 survivors.

As for MacCarron's forces... they bought it hook line and sinker. Virtually all three regiments, except for a couple stragglers who were sent to run down the survivors are vaporized by several nuclear warhead hidden in and about the faculty. Archie McCarron lived just long enough to say "Oh Shit." before taking 250 kilotons to the face.

Seems one of the techs who set it up decided to have a short range communicator broadcast the following: "I am a Nuclear Bomb. I will explode in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Toodles!"

In 1/100th of a second you just disintigrated 3/5s of one of the largest merc units in the inner sphere right down to the dropships.
Well that part went well. Now for things going badly.

They go in guns blazing and cut a bloody rampage across the suburbs of the city, making liberal use of Infernos to control any ground forces of civilian assets that get in their way.

Once it becomes clear that this was simply an elaborate trap (they picked up the terrified streaming of the last couple surviving mercs) they decide that taking the planet is untenable. The Death Commandos switch to Nerve Gas while the Warrior House is sent to target the civilian infrastructure...
That's pretty bad.

Actually, do remember you're not a general so you told your officers to plan this after giving them a general idea. One of them already had this in the works.

As soon as the drop ships were committed on the ground, a large contingent of the SASF backed up by a large force of ASFs jumped in near the various jumpships... he decided on his own that it would be wasteful to allow so many cappy jumpships to just up and LEAVE...
Wasn't planning on leading them myself. Good work by the officers.

The GAC and Infantry are deployed as quickly as possible. Any Civilian jumpships in the path are ordered to prioritize military traffic.

Considering these fuckers just used WMDs to attack Taurian Civilians the general attitude is baying for blood.

And I need some 2d6 rolls including a general public reaction roll.
Send in the Calderon Commandos as well as a second wave of reinforcements once we can scrape the shipping together. And assign them a couple of tac-nukes to use if the Commandos or LuSann troops can be caught away from our civilians.

[dice]1946[/dice][dice]1947[/dice][dice]1948[/dice][dice]1949[/dice]

Is that sufficient dice? 'some' is a bit inspecific.

Samantha Calderon 3025
They spend a good deal of time talking and they both look smugly satisfied by the exchange.

Samantha of course maintains a look as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

"One best done before the official opening of hostilities is my thought. McCarron is a hothead. It shouldn't be too hard a prospect to goad him into attacking you. And as your nation often likes to point out, you never signed the Aries conventions."

"Lay a trap for him of my own choosing eh?" Samantha comments "Well I'm sure my Marshalls can work up such a trap.

Not quite worth their time. Willing to sweaten the deal with some cold hard currency?

Just how much money? End of the day Samantha isn't made of unlimited money

They also want a cash injection.

How much on top?

I can haz Marauder plez?

Samantha checks with Pinard Protectorates Ltd if they want to produce the Orion before offering the deal to VMI or TTI

She ends up with majority ownership of the company and the eternal gratitude of the remaining shareholders.

Several children are named Samantha in the communing months. Many more send letters of thanks that basically tend to amount to "I will forever in your debt for saving me from destitution."

Samantha has her staff send back letters in response and to those who named children after her a small gift of c-bills as a baby gift.

Among her holdings on the planet Samantha, Sam has a suitable factory location scouted for Kong's new plant in 3026. She wants to get work started right away on opening multiple Harvester Ant lines with plans to open OstScout, Ostsol and Black Knight lines in that order as practical over 3026-8.

On Connaught Samantha plans on investing fund into restoring the Harvester Ant lines first. Unless Janos or Duncan Marik decide to pump in some extra cash.

"That is all I can ask."

Samantha nods and continues on from there. "Personally speaking the Concordat has worse criminals to focus on first than petty cross-border raids."

He smiles. "The AFFS elements assigned to this region also would like to focus more on pirates and less on our neighbors. Perhaps we can cooperate in joint actions at some point?

"As a surge perhaps to determine just how to move multiple regiments at the same time?" Samantha inquires sweetly. "I'm sure I can have my Marshalls start pondering just how to carry off such actions"

He believes Hanse will agree. Though he would probably like a caveot or two that you can both agree on.

The Devil is in the details. What cavets?

Now he looks just fucking pleased.

Samantha carefully notes that as per her dealings with Defiance she'll be eventually be offering Rommels, Pattons, and Zeus's for sale only to Lyran or FedSuns sub units or Mercenaries for a period of twenty five years.

He'd like to be able to convince you to change you mind in time, and he'd very much be in favor of unofficially aligning ;)

"Some times it simply better to be neighbors with a fence, a very short picket fence that's painted a friendly white color. With friendly and mutual exchanges, " Samantha notes "Compared to neighbors you have to erect a 3 m ferro-crete wall with razor wire on-top whose dog Mac is a real menace."

Do you mention the name of the system? Because that is the proper name on the Star Charts and you basically just gave it away...

And theoretically, you could reach it with the TC's resources. IT would just be a VERY long and annoying trip that would need a very local and dedicated crew.

But assuming you don't give it all away now, he'll have to talk to his uncle.

"Consider this an exercise in trust Morgan," Samantha carefully states. "A black box where neither of us know if General Kerensky actually left anything of value beyond empty buildings or if its filled with treasures of the Star League. "

"Reaching a measure of peace, wiping out pirates, and opening borders for trade are in the end tools to pursue our respective nations interests." Sam continues on "Both the Concordat and the Suns have bigger issues to grapple with at this current time and an amicable resolution means resources freed up to deal with other problems."

"A Hegemony base that's filled with Lostech is a whole different matter." Samantha finishes up. "Keeping it all, sharing some of the find, or sharing equally will be an answer of just how the relationship between the Federated Suns the Taurian Concordat will evolve."

Samantha is giving Morgan the proper name, she's making this a test for Hanse. Will he deal fairly and honestly with the TC or will he not.

About as well as can be expected.They put up a courageous effort but ultimately get creamed. They were caught on their flanks in the open. And when it was found that they were both being attacked they quickly took a policy of "We'll settle this later."

They just didn't have the time to mount a proper defense before they were overrun.

Samantha is there with soft words to soothe their wounded egos in the form of praise "A courageous and valiant display of leadership. Even massively outgunned, out teched and skilled in terms of your warriors you both came together and fought without sacrificing each other."

"I can state with complete certainty that everyone else here today was impressed by both your efforts Duncan and Morgan. When you've had some time to review the battle and the fictional enemy hearing your thoughts on just how to face an enemy with a massive edge in Battle-technology but not in numbers would be very well received."

Geez its almost as if Samantha wants them both thinking of how to fight Clanners XD

Perfectly acceptable. And she has given them some thought to relocating the designs. If they should come into production again, they will offer her a reasonable price on the license.

When they do relocate it Samantha would like a copy even if Defiance decides not to put into production.

Considering your offer was pretty much "FREE HANDJOBS!" your recruiters were able to pick and choose liberally.

Snickers. Still less risque than what the Canopians offer

First is Major Harlene Davidson of "Harley's Custom Choppers", a Battalion unit noted for having all custom modified battlemechs. She's known to be intelligent, resourceful, and extremely vindictive when crossed. And while she doesn't openly advertise it, she's also a legally recognized (though illegitimately born) member of House Kurita.

It's a long story.

Samantha would be more than willing to listen to it over dinner or several if it takes it that long. On a more practical note learning more about the Combine from Harlene's perspective will be very useful.

As for Major Harlene's obviously skilled techs, well the TC is always interested in alternate configs of Mechs that should be profitable to put into production.

Second is Captain Rebecca Lee of the The Lagoon Company. She's a foul mouthed drunkard but an ace mechwarrior. It's a shame that her unit is basically considered barely legitimate and only one step removed from being full on pirates. The reason is their tendency to renegotiate their contracts tends into something read less like a standard mercenary hire and more like a Letter of Marquis and Reprisal.

On that note they'd very much like to negotiate some... adjustments to their contract to allow for... preemptive resource denial against designated potential aggressors. :p

If Captain Lee actually wants a more aggressive contract, well as of now she's got a Letter of Marquis and Reprisal against both Pirates Haven and Tortuga. Along with a flat out notice that attacking any FedSuns world will have them reputed as pirates.

Third is Colonel Mai Masako. The Masako Unit is a mixed Battalion (more a regiment when the vehicles are included. Two if you count the infantry) with a strong reputation for cold effectiveness and a cold ruthlessness that borders on a sociopathic lack of fundamental human empathy. Formed in 2799 by veterans of Kentares IV, they have been an unofficial part of the DCMS for generations, though have worked for the Capallan Confederation on several occasions. Mai has broken this tradition after a poorly thought attempt by a local daimyo to company store them.

Note: Said Daimyo in question was later ordered to water Takashi Kurita's rose bushes.

Mai is a beautiful woman trained in both mech and special forces infantry tactics. She's also known to be utterly without mercy or pity and will follow he orders to the letter of the contact without hesitation... as long as it is not foolishly dangerous to her unit's well being.

In the combine her unit is nicknamed "The Cleaners"...

Oh my another flower of the Combine, a hard one to be sure but still beautiful for it none the less. Samantha would enjoy conversing with Mai to learn more about the Combine. Also on how one would go about preparing to trap and smash the Big Mac or a Davion RCT

Number 4 is Larry Vincent of the Gunsmith Cats Merc Company. A smaller unit, they are actually mostly female (With a couple notable exceptions) and are known for their rare equipment, outstanding technical skill, and tendency to focus on bounty hunting work.

Rally is also noted to be one of the best shots in the inner sphere outside and inside a mech.

Samantha offers to take Rally hunting, both to work on her shot personally but also to pick her head about rare equipment.

That teasing Rally with skinship in the hots baths afterwards.

He smirks. "We have connections among the Terran Belters."

Samantha whistles at this. "Well hot damn that would make it easier. Still even finding out if Comstar has repaired or has built new warships would go a long way to providing proof for my case against them. Take as long as you need to pull it off successfully."

Samantha paused for a long moment before adding "Any chance they'd be willing to sell technical support or tooling to speed up production of Jumpships?"

Alright. You get some orders.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? The guy should understand that's simply how the game is played.

You put together a multi-year plan to weaken and isolate a Corp from any potential savior so you can swoop in and take it for yourself without a major fight. Then someone else with even bigger pockets sniffs around and gets to sweep in like a white knight.

Besides no body likes loosing, well unless that's the sort of thing they enjoy whenever a Canopian Pleasure Circus is in town.

Or alternatively, I simply restart them all at once and they pay my generous extremely low interest loan back... as revenues allow.

How much would it cost?

Enough that the question is going to be "Do you want to build a new plant in the TC this year or next". A good amount of strain in the Concordats ability to actually manufacture all the new factories required is starting to appear. Spreading out a new plant in the TC for Kong Interstellar over 3026 and restoring the Connaught Plant in 3027 would provide a greater net benefit for the Concordats economy than going for a one year blitz.

I speak to my various lords and check out strategic location.

Basically I'm looking for reasonably secure worlds and there will be bidding.

Jansen's Hold and Illushin end up as the front runners in terms of security, price and resources.

Good. I don't want my friends intimidated.

While intimidated socially Sarah's quick to pick up the upper crust cut and thrust, aided in part by a suggestion from your Aunt to include an additional clothing budget for your staff.

Its a relatively minor expense for you but for Sarah and the others not being under equipped in the sartorial department helps in the often vicious world of 0.01%s

49% stake and you have a deal.

Its taken and work proceeds at a decent pace, mainly due to the plant being hidden under a cover of being a fertilizer plant to confuse the Omniss from being too disgruntled.

"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. OUCH! GODDAMN IT!"

Heh. I pay attention.

Among your part time classes the instructors pitch you into the deep end of Strategy, with a serious focus on logistics.

By August you officially graduate with a degree in both (Samuel's choice here) and Military Science (Mechs).

Senior Marshall Morton Grenadine, head of the Taurian Guard Corps extends an offer for you to be placed in the Guard Regiment under Colonel Samantha McGrinn as "Cornet Taurens".

I whisper back. "Attractive and kinky. You've got a live one here. Enjoy it."

Saito merely blazes red at your comment.

Well, I don't comment on the offers but I do show it to Louis for some discussion. Mainly so she knows to act on her feelings in case her mother makes any more offers. I'm a pervert but a noble one.

Louise is perfectly controlled in her response of "If so requested I shall do as asked." Ah the downsides of neo-feudal culture, selling off children in marriage alliances why marrying a 18 year old to a 45 year old wouldn't even cause a blink of an eye.

That you indicate you have no interest in ordering Louise to do so is happy circumstance, she will do Her Duty for her family if required.

But it's NOT THE SAME!

Well yes. You were merely a cadet member of a sprawling family on his way to graduating from Robinson's Academy. Now you are the leader of the Concordat and worth trillions of C-Bills.

"Ruin all my dreams why don't you?"

"Consider this one of God's Tests,' your aunt commands. In the end a big majority of the outfits are more 'action' orientated however versus the more confining formal wear. More of a "young vigorous man who masters Kung Fu, is an excellent sports man, and equally adept on the race track to the wilderness"

Wonderful. I'd like to slowly get her thinking the Concordant is a better place and I'd be a better lord than Max.

Lady Kelly certainly leaves thinking Samuel and the Concordat is a wonderful place she'd love to visit again.

On a more practical note she would very much like to establish a number of academic exchanges between Victoria's Institute of Engineering and the six big TC Universities.

"I'll take two of those too, and place tell me you have footage."

Mayumi merely polishes her nails against her dress and comments with a certain amount of superiority "Oh I've got pictures"

I grin back. "You'll just have to find out won't you?"

"Maybe I will," Kara answers with her own cocky grin "Come by the Flight Academy some time for real trip around the world"

"I could probably pull it off, but the day I wax my chest and do my nails is the day I hang myself from one of my PPCs."
"Please don't," Mayumi asks you with an entirely serious face "Men waxing their chest is a crime against good taste. Now oiled up and shirtless..... rwar!'

Nice. I might have to visit her plant. I'm very interested in industrial development.

I'm guessing the sheer scope of my operations end up boggling her mind. If I'm going to put on my industrialist hat, I'm going full on over the top.

When you do visit Pinard, which is the main rival to New Vandenberg and Taurus for importance in military manufacturing, Mayumi isn't boggled at all by the scope of your operations. Extremely clever and very well trained in the art of business she proves her chops with insightful questions and queries into alternative options.

Wingman Enterprises focus on aerospace includes landing the Hopper from Piper as a sole source subcontractor, adding another facet to their business. Mayumi herself was in charge of that effort.

Oh and she's good with children as she wrangles her numerous younger siblings with ease.

"M'lady," I smile and move next to her. "Care for a dance?"

"It would be a pleasure" Lisa answers as you float out onto the dance floor. "My aunt Katrina wishes to extend her personal condolences for the tragedy that befell the Calderons and best wishes for you rule.

"At her behest I'm here to discover new avenues and opportunities for both the Lyran Commonwealth and more personally for House Steiner" Lisa concludes.

Well, Victoria is probably at least going to see a boost in trade. And keep in mind, I'm not trading with the Capallan March so that should mitigate it somewhat.

But I do make it clear any capallan attacks against high value targets are to be destroyed using any and all means necessary.

Max has held back any actual raids, while stepping up the tempo of raids upon Capellan March targets.

TMI however notes that what is very strange is that Isis Liao (of Bellatrix) who had been a frequent visitor on Taurus for the last five years to represent several CapCon firms on trade issues hasn't made an appearance.

She had been friends with Edward Calderon (Thomas's heir), and it was thought initially the most likely Liao to show up in an effort to gain a powerful husband

Double internal security. And regular offsite backups.

Consider it done!

Well, those member states can enjoy the mechs while I shut up and take their money.

Oriente and Andurien are thoroughly enjoying their new relationship with the Concordat.

*pefh* Yes, because they're the only ones who can be a large net exporter...

Also due to the fact that the Lyran's have never really gotten the Concordat either as Periphery Realm or its capabilities as a manufacture.

He's a douche. And how does he take the fact that the main reason I'm dicking with him on the Charger front and giving steep discounts to one of his enemies is the fact one of his warlords ordered the murder of my parents creating a blood feud. He should understand... last time a Kurita's father was murdered in cold blood, they murdered 52 million people... Honor demands.

Speaking of honor you eventually receive an offer in very formal language to take a flower of the Kurita's into your household from Takashi as restitution for dishonorable actions by a subordinate.

That said Warlord ended up decorating the Garden soon afterwards has done nothing to resolve the issue.

Reading underneath the lines he's offering up a lady of the Kurita's as a concubine as the start of an apology, without any expectation that you'll actually marry said Kurita as your wife. Which is from a DC perspective a fairly massive of swallowing of pride on Takashi's part.

Refusing would of course immediately botch said apology

I want a plant build reasonably close to Mr. Bell's and the Hat in the Ring's landhold

And started

My thoughts are if they don't go out well, make another movie.

Roll 2d6 for Recruitment

Another movie gets put into pre production this time using actual actors

Well, I'm happy we don't have complications. So, she still interested in the occasional rumble?

She's a hotshot fighter pilot ace. Is there any question?

Crap.

I contact Hanse via one time pad with a question for any information MIIO has on the badlands pirates and the Tortuga Dominions, BTW, and how do my attempts to crush tortuga go over?

Roll 2d6 for Badlands

Co-operation between the FedSuns and TMI leads to several important advances in information on both sources of pirates. Military campaigns in both will be better planned, and also heavier.

I'd also like to expand the TDF. I want the Corps regiments increased in size, I want them reenforced into combined arms units along the lines of a Regimental Combat Team. And I want to found 3 new corps.

This will take time but I believe it will be doable over the next decade.

Senior Marshall Grenadine faced with expanding the TDF immediately requests that a new Military Academy be founded on Sterope purely to increase the number of graduates. Building up the man power involved is going to take longer than building the Mechs given the recent spat of Industrialization.

Using some very classified Star League charts stolen in the New Vandenberg uprising, your salvage crews are able to slip in relatively easily without being spotted over a period of 3 months.

Roll 2d6 please for searching

The above should be new Dallas. woops
[dice]1929[/dice]

9 new ASF Wings join the TC, one's even a DC sized Wing with their own Vengeance Dropship (40 ASF)

And while I would love to do that, attacking with only 9 regiments, with five in reserve, isn't exactly... optimal.

Not even when the Capallans are entirely focused on the other side of their realm? :p

Yes. Some though might be occupied not matter what.

Alright then, both contracts get ammo covered for free. Also, even though I really don't see the point of them, the garrison contracts offer minor landholds on the planets they guard, while the assault contracts offer decent land holds on the worlds being conquered.

Righto.

Alright.

See the land holds offered above.

Okay.

Now, during this time were we're organizing the TDF, hiring mercenaries, and firming up supply lines, I approach the head of the TMI for a job. I want him to secure a few jumpships and dropships along with loyal men, to investigate some potential lostech caches. Once assembled, I have them sent out to check the following.

1. Rivin in the Outworld Alliance. An installation there, mention in Merc Supplemental II holds an Lostech Cache, along with Star League data, though it's not discussed what exactly.

Okay. They'll send someone. How much do you want to let the

2. Loxley in the Lyran section of the FedCom. There should be an abandoned Star League factory in the Gray Mountain area, originally found by Storm's Metal Thunders, that is developed into Norse Storm Technologies. The Gray Mountain part is listed in the original Field Manual Mercenaries on page 84.

Not realistically accessable, but would give you some leverage in negotiations.

3. Illyria, underneath the capital city, there should be a Castle Brian. Bring a diplomat along to negotiate the rights to excavation as they're apparently serious about that. OOC: You know about this one, right? ;)

It's in the middle of nowhere not the capitol city.

4. Epsilon Eridani, in the Shamus Mountains, there's a Star League Depot. In it there should at least be a Colossus dropship, possibly more. Be careful and try to not to alert the Liao. This one has the highest priority, as I doubt the Liao are going to be well inclined to us after we enter the war.

You'll need to roll for this but they send a small investigation team under cover.

Let's see what the TDF think of them.

They like! They like!

So no point worrying about building new Corps at this point.

Not really. The main pressure will be it might be a good idea to build a new school.

Wasn't planning on leading them myself. Good work by the officers.

"Thank you, ma'am."

Send in the Calderon Commandos as well as a second wave of reinforcements once we can scrape the shipping together. And assign them a couple of tac-nukes to use if the Commandos or LuSann troops can be caught away from our civilians.
Is that sufficient dice? 'some' is a bit inspecific.

The general population is enraged. Some people are a bit pissed at the "Davion Lover Protector who Invited this Disaster" but right now they have just above the degree of political significance of the people who wear tinfoil hats to protect themselves from hidden SLDF mind control satellites.

In general the population is actually more pro-Davion than it's ever been when it comes out that Ian basically attacked Menke in retribution. They got news of the gas attacks at the same time they got the cue to move out.

Hanse Davion (who tends to do a lot of his brothers sneaky work) ordered that the attack be publically framed as a "For the sake of humanity and decency" retribution strike against the Confederation for using such vile means to attack an innocent civilian population.

A reenforced RCT then spent the next 2 weeks basically reducing the planetary defense infrastructure to rubble. They didn't target hospitals or schools, but anything of military value was destroyed. Including the rest of the MAC which they pretty much ground into mush.

As for you, it was a bloody battle that left much of the city in shambles. The Capallans fought like trapped rats and you took some losses, but you did manage to completely wipe out a Warrior House and the current stable of Death Commandos.

Lets just say between the losses, Max Liao is not a happy man. He goes on a minor purging spree to get rid of the "traitorous element" that allowed this to happen....

Samantha Calderon 3025

Samantha of course maintains a look as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

Of course. "Any negotiation where both parties leave feeling like they've screwed the other guy for everything they wanted is a good one."

"Lay a trap for him of my own choosing eh?" Samantha comments "Well I'm sure my Marshalls can work up such a trap.

2d6

Just how much money? End of the day Samantha isn't made of unlimited money

How much on top?

She might as well be

D6+4 for each. In tens of millions.

Samantha checks with Pinard Protectorates Ltd if they want to produce the Orion before offering the deal to VMI or TTI

Yes!

Samantha has her staff send back letters in response and to those who named children after her a small gift of c-bills as a baby gift.

Accepted with pride.

Among her holdings on the planet Samantha, Sam has a suitable factory location scouted for Kong's new plant in 3026. She wants to get work started right away on opening multiple Harvester Ant lines with plans to open OstScout, Ostsol and Black Knight lines in that order as practical over 3026-8.

On Connaught Samantha plans on investing fund into restoring the Harvester Ant lines first. Unless Janos or Duncan Marik decide to pump in some extra cash.

Both are began immediately.

Samantha nods and continues on from there. "Personally speaking the Concordat has worse criminals to focus on first than petty cross-border raids."

He nods. "The fact that you have not been engaging in reprisals is shaming my father. Sadly most men would stop at this point, but my father is more arrogant and suborn than most."

"As a surge perhaps to determine just how to move multiple regiments at the same time?" Samantha inquires sweetly. "I'm sure I can have my Marshalls start pondering just how to carry off such actions"

He nods. Let them know when you do.

And 2d6 for planning

The Devil is in the details. What cavets?

If the leaders agree in a manner that is legal and without any degree of coercion agree to adjust the borders, you can. But militarily they're set in Furro-Carbide.

Samantha carefully notes that as per her dealings with Defiance she'll be eventually be offering Rommels, Pattons, and Zeus's for sale only to Lyran or FedSuns sub units or Mercenaries for a period of twenty five years.

Your own is also permitted by the contact. Though they'd like to extend that 25 years to "as long as they remain Lyran/Fedsuns only units subject to renegotiation"

"Some times it simply better to be neighbors with a fence, a very short picket fence that's painted a friendly white color. With friendly and mutual exchanges, " Samantha notes "Compared to neighbors you have to erect a 3 m ferro-crete wall with razor wire on-top whose dog Mac is a real menace."

He nods. "The MAC have always been a bother. My uncle would very much like to see them destroyed. If you ever plan to do so... we might be able to work together"

"Consider this an exercise in trust Morgan," Samantha carefully states. "A black box where neither of us know if General Kerensky actually left anything of value beyond empty buildings or if its filled with treasures of the Star League. "

"Reaching a measure of peace, wiping out pirates, and opening borders for trade are in the end tools to pursue our respective nations interests." Sam continues on "Both the Concordat and the Suns have bigger issues to grapple with at this current time and an amicable resolution means resources freed up to deal with other problems."

"A Hegemony base that's filled with Lostech is a whole different matter." Samantha finishes up. "Keeping it all, sharing some of the find, or sharing equally will be an answer of just how the relationship between the Federated Suns the Taurian Concordat will evolve."

Samantha is giving Morgan the proper name, she's making this a test for Hanse. Will he deal fairly and honestly with the TC or will he not.

He simply nods stiffly. Remind me about this in 2 years game time :p

Samantha is there with soft words to soothe their wounded egos in the form of praise "A courageous and valiant display of leadership. Even massively outgunned, out teched and skilled in terms of your warriors you both came together and fought without sacrificing each other."

"I can state with complete certainty that everyone else here today was impressed by both your efforts Duncan and Morgan. When you've had some time to review the battle and the fictional enemy hearing your thoughts on just how to face an enemy with a massive edge in Battle-technology but not in numbers would be very well received."

Geez its almost as if Samantha wants them both thinking of how to fight Clanners XD

They're a little off put... but the next day... They want to try again with adjusted forces.

When they do relocate it Samantha would like a copy even if Defiance decides not to put into production.

Defiance will be putting it into production

Snickers. Still less risque than what the Canopians offer

Heh. On that note, any specific units?

Samantha would be more than willing to listen to it over dinner or several if it takes it that long. On a more practical note learning more about the Combine from Harlene's perspective will be very useful.

She wouldn't know. She's a Solaris brat. Daddy was a popular pilot. Mamma was his biggest fan. She was raised as her mothers apprentice. Her father was not really involved mainly due to his bitch wife. Though from what she remembers, he was wooden but cared. When he died, and he made her his heir for lack of any other option, his wife tried to have her killed and killed her mother.

She doesn't hide the fact that she hired the most brutally violent pro-davion street gang on the planet to visit her stepmother after informing them her last name was Kurita.

She's a spiteful bitch and when you make it personal, it's fucking personal.

As for Major Harlene's obviously skilled techs, well the TC is always interested in alternate configs of Mechs that should be profitable to put into production.

She admits, they're good but it's less an issue of skill and more of bloody minded technical insanity. But they will not turn down any offer.

And it seems they've independently figured out some interesting tech. They use LOTS of jurry-rigged one shot rocket launchers. They've also, somehow, managed to get their hands on enough FWL research data to be able to (crudely) modify existing large lasers into Binary weapons. Though doing so is kinda a crapshoot. Normally the weapons they produce are finicky and tend to melt when fired. But every once in a while they come up with a usable unit.

If Captain Lee actually wants a more aggressive contract, well as of now she's got a Letter of Marquis and Reprisal against both Pirates Haven and Tortuga. Along with a flat out notice that attacking any FedSuns world will have them reputed as pirates.

Call her Revy and she'll agree with an insane smile.

Oh my another flower of the Combine, a hard one to be sure but still beautiful for it none the less. Samantha would enjoy conversing with Mai to learn more about the Combine. Also on how one would go about preparing to trap and smash the Big Mac or a Davion RCT

There is something not right with this girl. And her immediately response is nuclear weapons. You never signed the Ares Conventions and as long as its an attack on your soul, you can justify it.

She's utterly cold and pretty creepy. This woman is probably a clinical psychopath. And if your records are clear, her entire unit are probably either psychopathic or sociopathic and all of them were directly recruited from the DCMS.

According to what TMI tells you, the reason they were a Merc Unit and not a house unit is because there needed to maintain a degree of separation from the will of the Coordinator.

Right now you have a battalion that could make the Death Commandos blush when it comes to casual atrocities on your payroll.

Through a twist of fate (and god knows what else) you're now the proud employer of House Kurita's Black Bag Battalion.

Samantha offers to take Rally hunting, both to work on her shot personally but also to pick her head about rare equipment.

She's a demon with anything that fires bullets. Not much of a Laser person.

That teasing Rally with skinship in the hots baths afterwards.

Considering her dark skin, you manage to get her to turn a very dark purple and not much else.

Samantha whistles at this. "Well hot damn that would make it easier. Still even finding out if Comstar has repaired or has built new warships would go a long way to providing proof for my case against them. Take as long as you need to pull it off successfully."

You get a nod. And d4 YEARS

Samantha paused for a long moment before adding "Any chance they'd be willing to sell technical support or tooling to speed up production of Jumpships?"

"They tend to be very isolationist. And its our own belters who are in contact with them... who also tend to take a hands off approach from the main government. We'd need to make some major offers to them to even get them to consider open contact and aid."

You put together a multi-year plan to weaken and isolate a Corp from any potential savior so you can swoop in and take it for yourself without a major fight. Then someone else with even bigger pockets sniffs around and gets to sweep in like a white knight.

Besides no body likes loosing, well unless that's the sort of thing they enjoy whenever a Canopian Pleasure Circus is in town.

True. True. But again, those are the risks.

Enough that the question is going to be "Do you want to build a new plant in the TC this year or next". A good amount of strain in the Concordats ability to actually manufacture all the new factories required is starting to appear. Spreading out a new plant in the TC for Kong Interstellar over 3026 and restoring the Connaught Plant in 3027 would provide a greater net benefit for the Concordats economy than going for a one year blitz.

I'll trust the economists. In the TC next year.

Jansen's Hold and Illushin end up as the front runners in terms of security, price and resources.

Jansen's Hold out of a desire to avoid making the agricultural assets of Illushin a valid military target.

While intimidated socially Sarah's quick to pick up the upper crust cut and thrust, aided in part by a suggestion from your Aunt to include an additional clothing budget for your staff.

Its a relatively minor expense for you but for Sarah and the others not being under equipped in the sartorial department helps in the often vicious world of 0.01%s

Very nice. And I'm sure she looks stunning.

Its taken and work proceeds at a decent pace, mainly due to the plant being hidden under a cover of being a fertilizer plant to confuse the Omniss from being too disgruntled.

Works.

Seriously though, they need to do some propaganda aimed at blunting that absolute pacifism a bit...

Among your part time classes the instructors pitch you into the deep end of Strategy, with a serious focus on logistics.

By August you officially graduate with a degree in both (Samuel's choice here) and Military Science (Mechs).

History and Anthropology.

Senior Marshall Morton Grenadine, head of the Taurian Guard Corps extends an offer for you to be placed in the Guard Regiment under Colonel Samantha McGrinn as "Cornet Taurens".

Sure.

Saito merely blazes red at your comment.

I chuckle.

Louise is perfectly controlled in her response of "If so requested I shall do as asked." Ah the downsides of neo-feudal culture, selling off children in marriage alliances why marrying a 18 year old to a 45 year old wouldn't even cause a blink of an eye.

That you indicate you have no interest in ordering Louise to do so is happy circumstance, she will do Her Duty for her family if required.

"I hope you don't mind if I callously string you along for a while. After all, that way you'll have plenty of time to convince your mother to allow you other options."

Basically I'm willing to work it so she has breathing room free of the chance of unwanted marriage to try and maybe get herself a love match.

Well yes. You were merely a cadet member of a sprawling family on his way to graduating from Robinson's Academy. Now you are the leader of the Concordat and worth trillions of C-Bills.

How strong is her loyalty and does she put us above the FedSuns. I need to make sure nothing gets back to MIIO.

And if she's 100% trustworthy I tell her some of what I've found... and attribute as much of it to flea markets and thrift stores and buying peoples 350 year old JUNK and looking for evidence there.

"Consider this one of God's Tests,' your aunt commands. In the end a big majority of the outfits are more 'action' orientated however versus the more confining formal wear. More of a "young vigorous man who masters Kung Fu, is an excellent sports man, and equally adept on the race track to the wilderness"

Basically I'm a MAN OF ACTION AND DARING DO!

Lady Kelly certainly leaves thinking Samuel and the Concordat is a wonderful place she'd love to visit again.

Step One. And I hope she also left sexually satisfied... :p

And I do use protection to make sure.

On a more practical note she would very much like to establish a number of academic exchanges between Victoria's Institute of Engineering and the six big TC Universities.

Done.

Its also a perfect way to insert some TMI agents. :p

Mayumi merely polishes her nails against her dress and comments with a certain amount of superiority "Oh I've got pictures"

"Your Protector demands to view the evidence!"

"Maybe I will," Kara answers with her own cocky grin "Come by the Flight Academy some time for real trip around the world"

"Can do."

"Please don't," Mayumi asks you with an entirely serious face "Men waxing their chest is a crime against good taste. Now oiled up and shirtless..... rwar!'

"... hmm..." I look thoughtful. "When's a good time for you?"

When you do visit Pinard, which is the main rival to New Vandenberg and Taurus for importance in military manufacturing, Mayumi isn't boggled at all by the scope of your operations. Extremely clever and very well trained in the art of business she proves her chops with insightful questions and queries into alternative options.

How would she like into my inner circle. I'll add her to the place where my factories go. ;)

At least with Aerospace assets

Wingman Enterprises focus on aerospace includes landing the Hopper from Piper as a sole source subcontractor, adding another facet to their business. Mayumi herself was in charge of that effort.

My personal thanks. Frankly I want to pump as many of the damned things out as possible as quickly as possible and am considering a low interest government loan program. Maybe open a Civilian Aerospace school on say, Pinard, and give the best trainees a scholarship to the Aerospace Academy on Samantha if they really have the knack.

Both improve small scale transport esp in the colonies and build a large stable of pilots for the TDF.

Oh and she's good with children as she wrangles her numerous younger siblings with ease.

Always helps.

"It would be a pleasure" Lisa answers as you float out onto the dance floor. "My aunt Katrina wishes to extend her personal condolences for the tragedy that befell the Calderons and best wishes for you rule.

You have my thanks.

"At her behest I'm here to discover new avenues and opportunities for both the Lyran Commonwealth and more personally for House Steiner" Lisa concludes.

Okay. I'd like to invite her to meet in private. I do fully intend to seduce her, but there's also a lostech cashe in the Commonwealth I'd like to negotiate about.

Max has held back any actual raids, while stepping up the tempo of raids upon Capellan March targets.

Investigate why.

TMI however notes that what is very strange is that Isis Liao (of Bellatrix) who had been a frequent visitor on Taurus for the last five years to represent several CapCon firms on trade issues hasn't made an appearance.

She had been friends with Edward Calderon (Thomas's heir), and it was thought initially the most likely Liao to show up in an effort to gain a powerful husband

Investigate her as well... and was she at the BBQ?

Consider it done!

Oriente and Andurien are thoroughly enjoying their new relationship with the Concordat.

Heh.

Also due to the fact that the Lyran's have never really gotten the Concordat either as Periphery Realm or its capabilities as a manufacture.

Once they get past their snort chuckle they're going to be like "Oh." aren't they?

Speaking of honor you eventually receive an offer in very formal language to take a flower of the Kurita's into your household from Takashi as restitution for dishonorable actions by a subordinate.

That said Warlord ended up decorating the Garden soon afterwards has done nothing to resolve the issue.

Reading underneath the lines he's offering up a lady of the Kurita's as a concubine as the start of an apology, without any expectation that you'll actually marry said Kurita as your wife. Which is from a DC perspective a fairly massive of swallowing of pride on Takashi's part.

Refusing would of course immediately botch said apology

I am rather straightforward in my reply.It's very polite but I do not beat around the bush.

I accept the spirit in which this was made. I'd have much perfected to kill the bastard myself on the field of battle, but this will do.

I will accept a concubine as long as she passes TMI's muster. I have no doubts to his honor, I want to make sure she's not an ISF agent. It's not intended as a slight, but even the most honorable of men would find if difficult to resist the urge to slip an ear into the heart of a neighbor. (IE: wasn't born yesterday, Takashi!)

Basically I agree we can go back to disliking each other on general principle rather than me fucking with the combine for shits, giggles, and personal revenge.

Right. And speaking of mercs I wanna try and hire some named units later on.

Roll 2d6 for Recruitment

Okay

Another movie gets put into pre production this time using actual actors

Heh. Fine fine.

She's a hotshot fighter pilot ace. Is there any question?

Not really. :p

Roll 2d6 for Badlands

Okay. Does the level of sheer PREP I put into this help? And the absolute overkill?

Co-operation between the FedSuns and TMI leads to several important advances in information on both sources of pirates. Military campaigns in both will be better planned, and also heavier.

I'd like to handle most if them... mainly because I intend to occupy the territory to ensure they stay civilized.

Senior Marshall Grenadine faced with expanding the TDF immediately requests that a new Military Academy be founded on Sterope purely to increase the number of graduates. Building up the man power involved is going to take longer than building the Mechs given the recent spat of Industrialization.

Make it so.

Using some very classified Star League charts stolen in the New Vandenberg uprising, your salvage crews are able to slip in relatively easily without being spotted over a period of 3 months.

Roll 2d6 please for searching

Okay.

9 new ASF Wings join the TC, one's even a DC sized Wing with their own Vengeance Dropship (40 ASF)

How much does that Wing want for the right to reverse engineer their Dropship?

[dice]1952[/dice]

Sweet.

[dice]1953[/dice]

Shit.

[dice]1954[/dice]

Hope its good enough...

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon (19) 3031

Not even when the Capallans are entirely focused on the other side of their realm? :p
That would be a lot more comforting, if I actually thought the Canopians and Anduriens were capable of holding their attention.

Yes. Some though might be occupied not matter what.
Figures. Rolls on the bottom.

Righto.

Alright.

Okay.

Okay. They'll send someone. How much do you want to let the
I'm going to take it that this is referencing the Outworlds Alliance, and yes I do inform the TMI to inform the OWA of any major finds, if we find anything. No reason to piss off a fellow periphery state.

Not realistically accessible, but would give you some leverage in negotiations.
And this is why I have advisers to tell me what's really possible. Well I think I've kept up a correspondence with Hanse, Melissa, and Katrina, so I send a message to Melissa asking her exactly what would her mom be willing to give up for information that may lead to an abandoned Star League Factory? The Concordat could use an assault line, but I'd rather not ask for something that doesn't match the information given.

It's in the middle of nowhere not the capitol city.
OOC: Suppose my memory is going.
Consider my instructions to the men changed.

You'll need to roll for this but they send a small investigation team under cover.
Rolling.
OOC: Damn this is a lot.
[dice]1955[/dice][dice]1956[/dice][dice]1957[/dice][dice]1958[/dice][dice]1959[/dice][dice]1960[/dice][dice]1961[/dice][dice]1962[/dice][dice]1963[/dice][dice]1964[/dice][dice]1965[/dice][dice]1966[/dice][dice]1967[/dice][dice]1968[/dice][dice]1969[/dice][dice]1970[/dice][dice]1971[/dice][dice]1972[/dice][dice]1973[/dice][dice]1974[/dice][dice]1975[/dice][dice]1976[/dice][dice]1977[/dice][dice]1978[/dice][dice]1979[/dice][dice]1980[/dice][dice]1981[/dice][dice]1982[/dice][dice]1983[/dice]

[dice]1984[/dice]
[dice]1986[/dice]

Last edited:
They like! They like!
Okay, throw some funding into figuring out how to build our own/

Not really. The main pressure will be it might be a good idea to build a new school.
That's a good point. And generally building schools is something we Taurians like. We can look at founding a new university with a military college as part of it.

The general population is enraged. Some people are a bit pissed at the "Davion Lover Protector who Invited this Disaster" but right now they have just above the degree of political significance of the people who wear tinfoil hats to protect themselves from hidden SLDF mind control satellites.
Well... there's always going to be a lunatic fringe. Hopefully that's where the sentiment remains.

In general the population is actually more pro-Davion than it's ever been when it comes out that Ian basically attacked Menke in retribution. They got news of the gas attacks at the same time they got the cue to move out.

Hanse Davion (who tends to do a lot of his brothers sneaky work) ordered that the attack be publically framed as a "For the sake of humanity and decency" retribution strike against the Confederation for using such vile means to attack an innocent civilian population.

A reenforced RCT then spent the next 2 weeks basically reducing the planetary defense infrastructure to rubble. They didn't target hospitals or schools, but anything of military value was destroyed. Including the rest of the MAC which they pretty much ground into mush.
Excellent. Did they find anything under McCarron's base? I did mention the possibility to the Davions.

As for you, it was a bloody battle that left much of the city in shambles. The Capallans fought like trapped rats and you took some losses, but you did manage to completely wipe out a Warrior House and the current stable of Death Commandos.
Make sure to suitably lionize the Concordat Commandos and Gordon's Armored Cavalry for their victory. There might be enough salvage to offset their losses a bit but if not, I will be looking out for dispossessed mechwarriors and dependents of the dead.

As for the city, going to need to be some rebuilding. And make sure the excesses of the Capellans are well-documented.

Lets just say between the losses, Max Liao is not a happy man. He goes on a minor purging spree to get rid of the "traitorous element" that allowed this to happen....
I'm sure MIIO can be trusted to draw names of competent people to his attention.

Is Ian off dealing with Halstead Station?

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon (19) 3031

That would be a lot more comforting, if I actually thought the Canopians and Anduriens were capable of holding their attention.

Okay.

Figures. Rolls on the bottom.

Need a bit more time to go over that list.

I'm going to take it that this is referencing the Outworlds Alliance, and yes I do inform the TMI to inform the OWA of any major finds, if we find anything. No reason to piss off a fellow periphery state.

Alright. 2d6 on what you're doing. Outline again.

And this is why I have advisers to tell me what's really possible. Well I think I've kept up a correspondence with Hanse, Melissa, and Katrina, so I send a message to Melissa asking her exactly what would her mom be willing to give up for information that may lead to an abandoned Star League Factory? The Concordat could use an assault line, but I'd rather not ask for something that doesn't match the information given.

2d6 for negotiation.

OOC: Suppose my memory is going.
Consider my instructions to the men changed.

Righto.

Rolling.
OOC: Damn this is a lot.
[dice]1955[/dice][dice]1956[/dice][dice]1957[/dice][dice]1958[/dice][dice]1959[/dice][dice]1960[/dice][dice]1961[/dice][dice]1962[/dice][dice]1963[/dice][dice]1964[/dice][dice]1965[/dice][dice]1966[/dice][dice]1967[/dice][dice]1968[/dice][dice]1969[/dice][dice]1970[/dice][dice]1971[/dice][dice]1972[/dice][dice]1973[/dice][dice]1974[/dice][dice]1975[/dice][dice]1976[/dice][dice]1977[/dice][dice]1978[/dice][dice]1979[/dice][dice]1980[/dice][dice]1981[/dice][dice]1982[/dice][dice]1983[/dice]

Will deal with it later.

Another d6

Okay, throw some funding into figuring out how to build our own/

You could probably build a simplified version using modern tech within the year (2d6 months). As for the more advanced... well... it'll take a while to reverse engineer the streak launchers and FF armor.

That's a good point. And generally building schools is something we Taurians like. We can look at founding a new university with a military college as part of it.

They're thinking a new military college. Or even better, several.

Well... there's always going to be a lunatic fringe. Hopefully that's where the sentiment remains.

Heh.

Excellent. Did they find anything under McCarron's base? I did mention the possibility to the Davions.

Remind me what was under it. Having hard time finding the reference.

Make sure to suitably lionize the Concordat Commandos and Gordon's Armored Cavalry for their victory. There might be enough salvage to offset their losses a bit but if not, I will be looking out for dispossessed mechwarriors and dependents of the dead.

How about the ASF forces who bombed the shit out of them (really Ary and Bombs did most of the killing. The locals were pretty fucking relentless) and he milita who held the line?

That said, lots of credit for everyone.

As for the city, going to need to be some rebuilding. And make sure the excesses of the Capellans are well-documented.

53 thousand dead with another 130,000 left homeless.

The gas and fire didn't leave many survivors where they hit...

I'm sure MIIO can be trusted to draw names of competent people to his attention.

A yep! Seems lots of competent traitors out there....

Is Ian off dealing with Halstead Station?

Not personally... it was seen as too critical to wait on. He's deployed his best ahead of him to basically go in all guns blazing to capture it.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19)
Okay.
Need a bit more time to go over that list.
OOC: Take your time, man.

Alright. 2d6 on what you're doing. Outline again.
Negotiating with the Outworlds Alliance in case of any significant discovery on the planet of Rivin, supposed to hold a Lostech Cache and base that the Explorer Corps used after it was cleared out by pirates, were the Corps found even more stuff deeper in.
[dice]1986[/dice]

2d6 for negotiation.
[dice]1987[/dice]
Ouch.

Righto.

Will deal with it later.

Another d6
[dice]1988[/dice]
Damn.

Of course. "Any negotiation where both parties leave feeling like they've screwed the other guy for everything they wanted is a good one."

Especially when it involves the Liao's being carved up

MAC destruction Plan #1 rolled below

She might as well be

D6+4 for each. In tens of millions.
Rolled below

A reasonable schedule to take PPL's Marauder Line down in 3026 is booked in. Samantha suggests that for a small (on her part at least XD)investment perhaps PPL would be willing to double their MAD3R line?

He nods. "The fact that you have not been engaging in reprisals is shaming my father. Sadly most men would stop at this point, but my father is more arrogant and suborn than most."

"Perhaps after my solitary blow he will find sufficient courage to stop," Samantha notes.

On that note I'm rolling 2d6 for "Burn Michael's Summer Palace down"

He nods. Let them know when you do.

And 2d6 for planning

TDF Surge in Badlands below

If the leaders agree in a manner that is legal and without any degree of coercion agree to adjust the borders, you can. But militarily they're set in Furro-Carbide.

Perfectly reasonable and accepted.

Your own is also permitted by the contact. Though they'd like to extend that 25 years to "as long as they remain Lyran/Fedsuns only units subject to renegotiation"

Samantha is hearing a no cost Sentinel license for that alteration

He nods. "The MAC have always been a bother. My uncle would very much like to see them destroyed. If you ever plan to do so... we might be able to work together"

"Well it is always easier to break up a problem into bit at a time," Samantha responds.

He simply nods stiffly. Remind me about this in 2 years game time :p
Will do!

They're a little off put... but the next day... They want to try again with adjusted forces.

Samantha lets them go at it

In the aftermath at the big Ball Samantha puts on she spends a good deal of time dancing with both men just getting a feel for them personally.

Heh. On that note, any specific units?
Off hand unless one of the big Regimental units + jumps for the offer I'm perfectly happy with "background units never mentioned!"

She wouldn't know. She's a Solaris brat. Daddy was a popular pilot. Mamma was his biggest fan. She was raised as her mothers apprentice. Her father was not really involved mainly due to his bitch wife. Though from what she remembers, he was wooden but cared. When he died, and he made her his heir for lack of any other option, his wife tried to have her killed and killed her mother.

She doesn't hide the fact that she hired the most brutally violent pro-davion street gang on the planet to visit her stepmother after informing them her last name was Kurita.

She's a spiteful bitch and when you make it personal, it's fucking personal.

Samantha nods along and congratulates her on putting together a successful Merc Battalion

She admits, they're good but it's less an issue of skill and more of bloody minded technical insanity. But they will not turn down any offer.

And it seems they've independently figured out some interesting tech. They use LOTS of jurry-rigged one shot rocket launchers. They've also, somehow, managed to get their hands on enough FWL research data to be able to (crudely) modify existing large lasers into Binary weapons. Though doing so is kinda a crapshoot. Normally the weapons they produce are finicky and tend to melt when fired. But every once in a while they come up with a usable unit.

Samantha extends an offer to let the Concordat R&D her units tech in exchange for a hefty slice of the patent

Call her Revy and she'll agree with an insane smile.

"Well Revy go give them hell!" Samantha cheers her on.

There is something not right with this girl. And her immediately response is nuclear weapons. You never signed the Ares Conventions and as long as its an attack on your soul, you can justify it.

Through a twist of fate (and god knows what else) you're now the proud employer of House Kurita's Black Bag Battalion.

Samantha politely listens and then suggests that her Marshalls use Mai's expertise to emulate Death Commandos for training matches.

Also that they use her skills in planning how to gut the MAC

She's a demon with anything that fires bullets. Not much of a Laser person.

Considering her dark skin, you manage to get her to turn a very dark purple and not much else.

Samantha delightfully decides while teasing is fun some people are not receptive or perhaps ready "Rally if you ever decide your interested I'd love to spend a weekend getting to know you better. However I shan't press"

You get a nod. And d4 YEARS

Rolled as Mission Impossible below

"They tend to be very isolationist. And its our own belters who are in contact with them... who also tend to take a hands off approach from the main government. We'd need to make some major offers to them to even get them to consider open contact and aid."

"How about 'whoops we lost a shipment of tooling but gained one of useful metals, equipment, supplies' instead?"
[dice]1994[/dice]
[dice]1995[/dice]
[dice]1996[/dice]
[dice]1997[/dice]
[dice]1998[/dice]
[dice]1999[/dice]

You could probably build a simplified version using modern tech within the year (2d6 months). As for the more advanced... well... it'll take a while to reverse engineer the streak launchers and FF armor.
[dice]2000[/dice]
The simplified version in 5 months sounds good enough for now. Still look at reverse-engineering the ferro-fibrous armour though - that would have many applications - and Streak technology (although I'd be more interested figuring out how to apply that to larger launchers than in building the Streak SRM2).

They're thinking a new military college. Or even better, several.
One for now as part of a larger university, possibly another college later. (as a teacher and as the Protector, military education isn't my only concern).

Remind me what was under it. Having hard time finding the reference.
Several SLDF-era Spector battlemechs, with the advanced Chameloeon Light Polarization Shield (may not be replicable) and a few other vintage SLDF 'Mechs (no exact list available).

How about the ASF forces who bombed the shit out of them (really Ary and Bombs did most of the killing. The locals were pretty fucking relentless) and he milita who held the line?

That said, lots of credit for everyone.
I stand well reminded and give credit to all involved.

53 thousand dead with another 130,000 left homeless.

The gas and fire didn't leave many survivors where they hit...
Tap my personal funds to support relief efforts.

A yep! Seems lots of competent traitors out there....
Hopefully this leaves him distracted from any further strikes against Taurian worlds. Plus I'd be surprised if the Anduriens weren't stepping up raids given this has weakened the reserves available to the CCAF in Sian Commonality rather considerably.

Not personally... it was seen as too critical to wait on. He's deployed his best ahead of him to basically go in all guns blazing to capture it.
Okay. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

How's the social scene on Taurus going? While I'm not going to be partying while the fighting's going on Laconis, life must go on, as must the business of state.

Have someone very quietly gather the available information within Taurian archives on Epsilon Eridani, Phrecda, Dark Nebula, Helm, Dixie, Antallos, Odessa and New Dallas, as well as another dozen or so worlds as a smokescreen. it's not quite time to mount any secret expeditions but some quiet thinking is in order.

I'll trust the economists. In the TC next year.

Work on the more mundane parts of the plant like LRM towers, tank sheds, sensor webs, solid Anti Air turrets, trenches, mine fields, and so on get started right away

Jansen's Hold out of a desire to avoid making the agricultural assets of Illushin a valid military target.

It makes the locals of Jansen's Hold pretty chuffed since landing a major military and industrial factory brings in loads of jobs.

Very nice. And I'm sure she looks stunning.
She does indeed. Why she also looks absolutely spectacular in formal wear as well.

Works.

Seriously though, they need to do some propaganda aimed at blunting that absolute pacifism a bit...

Taurans need to do some work on blunting that tendency to use WMD

History and Anthropology.

You're beginning work on a part time basis for Masters degree as well now. Which at this point is mostly a few instructors from the Ecole Militarie coming by and working with you on the paper work and reports the TDF is sending across your desk.

Stomping around the training ground Cornet Taurens quickly gains a reputation as a crack shot, as the mindless and near endless drills help hone your skills and provide a very real break from the pressures of being Protector.

"I hope you don't mind if I callously string you along for a while. After all, that way you'll have plenty of time to convince your mother to allow you other options."

Basically I'm willing to work it so she has breathing room free of the chance of unwanted marriage to try and maybe get herself a love match.

Louise gracefully accepts your offer and occasionally meets up with you and your date of the evening for outings along with her bodyguard Saito. Its pretty clear that's she made her love match already but your 'stringing along' and her own success in securing military supplies for Andurien have given her a good deal of personal strength.

Enough at least that you get invited to attend Louise's and Saito's wedding in December 3025

How strong is her loyalty and does she put us above the FedSuns. I need to make sure nothing gets back to MIIO.

And if she's 100% trustworthy I tell her some of what I've found... and attribute as much of it to flea markets and thrift stores and buying peoples 350 year old JUNK and looking for evidence there.

Your Aunt Ayala Miers has thus far in life defined her priorities as 1) Family (she quite literally quit a very promising Academic career to care for her dead older sisters children) 2) Faith (Ayala's a fairly passionate Rabbi) 3) her community (she works hard to improve where ever she lives)

She's already taken her oaths as a citizen of the Concordat and no matter how much of a fussy prodding, poking Aunty she's been her loyalty is clearly towards you and Miriam.

Colonel Henry (chief of security) has politely suggested "Sir the only way to distract such fearsome Aunts is to have them start up their own family."

After telling her:

"Oh Lord grant me mercy and peace," Ayala prays passionately "Because you've clearly favored my nephew with luck beyond measure. Why couldn't you have simply made him prophet!"

After a long moment Ayala finally sighs and states "Well Samuel you've made the most of your hobby, ah well could have been worse. At least you weren't dragged into those fantasy wargames with outrageously priced models.'

Ah family

Basically I'm a MAN OF ACTION AND DARING DO!

Cornet Taurens finds several poster of the Protector sans shirts in various activities in the Guards barracks.

Sales of the Protector leaving his Warhammer covered in sweat are selling by the millions across the TC and beyond.

Step One. And I hope she also left sexually satisfied... :p

And I do use protection to make sure.

You certainly believe so, since she's commented on hoping to find time to visit again.

Done.

Its also a perfect way to insert some TMI agents. :p

Sadly in the reverse as well, but TMI is strongest at Counter Intel so roll a 2d6 with TN of 9 for "Counter Intel"

"Your Protector demands to view the evidence!"

Pictures of Kara in short shorts, beads and high heels end up being produced on your visit to Pinard. What makes them hilarious is that the majority involve her dancing with the ceramic giant river otters painted in bold colors or giant parrots.

How would she like into my inner circle. I'll add her to the place where my factories go. ;)

At least with Aerospace assets

Mayumi is more than happy to join your inner circle, and becomes fast friends with Sarah Ferguson. She's also a bit of flirt and more than willing to tease you over the actions of the other ladies interested in you.

She's also advocating that the Spad would be a solid addition to the Concordats ASF production.

My personal thanks. Frankly I want to pump as many of the damned things out as possible as quickly as possible and am considering a low interest government loan program. Maybe open a Civilian Aerospace school on say, Pinard, and give the best trainees a scholarship to the Aerospace Academy on Samantha if they really have the knack.

Both improve small scale transport esp in the colonies and build a large stable of pilots for the TDF.

"It would help," Mayumi notes "But I'm betting most would end up wanting to go to New Vandenberg and test out on Tigress's."

That's always been the major problem for attracting pilots for ASF, the best spacers want to fly gunships not short legged ASF.

Okay. I'd like to invite her to meet in private. I do fully intend to seduce her, but there's also a lostech cashe in the Commonwealth I'd like to negotiate about.

You both enjoy several dances together as the evening winds it way on.

Deftly scheduled a few days after Lady Kelly leaves, Lisa Steiner puts off your private meeting for a rather intimate dinner for two in Samantha's current best French Restaurant. "Pleasure before business"

Its pretty much an open question of whose seducing who at the end.

Investigate why.

Investigate her as well... and was she at the BBQ?

Consider it done!

Isis Liao was last on Taurus right up until the 29th of October 3024, she was expected to be back some time in late January.

Right now elements of Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai are currently on Bellatrix

Roll 2d6 with TN 5 to discover more!

Once they get past their snort chuckle they're going to be like "Oh." aren't they?

Pretty much. Although Katrina Steiner may well be angling to squeeze the FedSuns between two Industrial powers with Steiners at the top all across the FedCom

I am rather straightforward in my reply.It's very polite but I do not beat around the bush.

I accept the spirit in which this was made. I'd have much perfected to kill the bastard myself on the field of battle, but this will do.

I will accept a concubine as long as she passes TMI's muster. I have no doubts to his honor, I want to make sure she's not an ISF agent. It's not intended as a slight, but even the most honorable of men would find if difficult to resist the urge to slip an ear into the heart of a neighbor. (IE: wasn't born yesterday, Takashi!)

Basically I agree we can go back to disliking each other on general principle rather than me fucking with the combine for shits, giggles, and personal revenge.

Jasmine Kurita writes a personal letter of introduction for Akeno Kurita, and a rather heartfelt plea to bring her some small measure of happiness. It seems Akeno is something of a protege of Jasmine's and much cared for by her.

Practically Akeno Kurita is the youngest half sister of Marcus Kurita, former Warlord of Rasalhauge. She's 17, turning 18 on August 23rd.

Duke Aaron Sandoval copies you on the briefing note MIIO put together (barring anything top secret of course) after your acceptance.

It seems that Takashi was somewhat surprised at your agreement, believing that no young man would give up the chance to formalize a feud.

Additionally he's benefiting from spiking Marcus Kurita's political ploys based around marrying off his youngest sibling. Its one of those vicious little backhands of Kuritan politics that Marcus will be forced to carry around for a long time.

TMI notes that Akeno's never spent any serious time away from Luithen, either attending one of its best schools, or being present in the Court attending to Jasmine Kurita.

In the meantime your aunt pulls you aside for a chat and a deep long hug.

"Samuel I'm so proud of you for putting aside the desire for revenge," Ayala beams with pride. "Although now I'm worried you'll be emulating King David and taking many wives. Do you have any plans on what you'll do when this young lady arrives here?"

Right. And speaking of mercs I wanna try and hire some named units later on.

Any particular units?

Okay. Does the level of sheer PREP I put into this help? And the absolute overkill?

As per the Roll below you get sent a bad news good news message:
Bad News; Bad Lands Cluster is a nightmare to navigate and map, actually finding the planet in question has thus far failed.
Good News: You've mapped out 60% of the Cluster, roll again to finally pin down the Pirates

I'd like to handle most if them... mainly because I intend to occupy the territory to ensure they stay civilized.
So noted.

The local Fort where basic infantry and artillery gets trained is slowly being transformed into a full on Military Academy capable of teaching ASF, Mechs, and Armor warfare

While it takes over three months your crews manage to recover a substantial amount of battle technology from the Hegemony's Boneyard. Almost all of it is Re-unification War designs (or marks), but more than enough to equip 3 Mech Regiments with attached ASF elements. Even better they've got the Memory Core!

A bond of $600 million C-Bills to be registered with Comstar, a Trogan Dropship (locally produced), and a Leopard CV with 6 ASF of their choice.

The bond gets released back to you upon the units techs certifying its condition

Work on the more mundane parts of the plant like LRM towers, tank sheds, sensor webs, solid Anti Air turrets, trenches, mine fields, and so on get started right away

Done.

It makes the locals of Jansen's Hold pretty chuffed since landing a major military and industrial factory brings in loads of jobs.

Very good.

She does indeed. Why she also looks absolutely spectacular in formal wear as well.

H_H

Yessss...

Taurans need to do some work on blunting that tendency to use WMD

Defensively only, I swear. Seriously, anyone who attacks us deserves to get blown to hell.

You're beginning work on a part time basis for Masters degree as well now. Which at this point is mostly a few instructors from the Ecole Militarie coming by and working with you on the paper work and reports the TDF is sending across your desk.

Alright. Looking to angle for a PHD.

Stomping around the training ground Cornet Taurens quickly gains a reputation as a crack shot, as the mindless and near endless drills help hone your skills and provide a very real break from the pressures of being Protector.

Yey.

Louise gracefully accepts your offer and occasionally meets up with you and your date of the evening for outings along with her bodyguard Saito. Its pretty clear that's she made her love match already but your 'stringing along' and her own success in securing military supplies for Andurien have given her a good deal of personal strength.

Enough at least that you get invited to attend Louise's and Saito's wedding in December 3025

If reasonable.

Your Aunt Ayala Miers has thus far in life defined her priorities as 1) Family (she quite literally quit a very promising Academic career to care for her dead older sisters children)

Now we're grown or close to, would she be interested to teach in the concordant.

2) Faith (Ayala's a fairly passionate Rabbi)

Always kept to my father's Deism but I'm sure the most that ever came out of that is a tendency to respectfully discuss religion.

3) her community (she works hard to improve where ever she lives)

Very nice.

She's already taken her oaths as a citizen of the Concordat and no matter how much of a fussy prodding, poking Aunty she's been her loyalty is clearly towards you and Miriam.

Colonel Henry (chief of security) has politely suggested "Sir the only way to distract such fearsome Aunts is to have them start up their own family."

"You volunteering?" I ask with a laugh.

I do try and find her someone nice who I trust.

After telling her:

"Oh Lord grant me mercy and peace," Ayala prays passionately "Because you've clearly favored my nephew with luck beyond measure. Why couldn't you have simply made him prophet!"

"Because I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep?"

After a long moment Ayala finally sighs and states "Well Samuel you've made the most of your hobby, ah well could have been worse. At least you weren't dragged into those fantasy wargames with outrageously priced models.'

I cough. Then I cough again.

Yep.

Cornet Taurens finds several poster of the Protector sans shirts in various activities in the Guards barracks.

Heh.

Sales of the Protector leaving his Warhammer covered in sweat are selling by the millions across the TC and beyond.

Heheh.

You certainly believe so, since she's commented on hoping to find time to visit again.

Nice!

Sadly in the reverse as well, but TMI is strongest at Counter Intel so roll a 2d6 with TN of 9 for "Counter Intel"

Okay.

Pictures of Kara in short shorts, beads and high heels end up being produced on your visit to Pinard. What makes them hilarious is that the majority involve her dancing with the ceramic giant river otters painted in bold colors or giant parrots.

"I think I'm going to have this painted on my mech."

I'm joking but it's still funny.

Mayumi is more than happy to join your inner circle, and becomes fast friends with Sarah Ferguson. She's also a bit of flirt and more than willing to tease you over the actions of the other ladies interested in you.

I'm no going to lie to her. I'm never going to be the most loyal man. For one I have an entire great house to rebuild...

She's also advocating that the Spad would be a solid addition to the Concordats ASF production.

Once I see its modular nature I'm rather clear. Either reverse engineer it or get us a license (or pretend to reverse engineer it while pulling the specs out of the memory core)

"It would help," Mayumi notes "But I'm betting most would end up wanting to go to New Vandenberg and test out on Tigress's."

"Simple way to fix that is to limit the number of Tigress slots. We need ASF pilots, not more damned gunship pilots."

That's always been the major problem for attracting pilots for ASF, the best spacers want to fly gunships not short legged ASF.

Yeah. It's annoying. Moar movies to fix it I guess...

You both enjoy several dances together as the evening winds it way on.

Deftly scheduled a few days after Lady Kelly leaves, Lisa Steiner puts off your private meeting for a rather intimate dinner for two in Samantha's current best French Restaurant. "Pleasure before business"

Its pretty much an open question of whose seducing who at the end.

One thing I do say in passing is. "What would your Auntie give me for the location of a Star League era Mech Factory?"

Isis Liao was last on Taurus right up until the 29th of October 3024, she was expected to be back some time in late January.

Right now elements of Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai are currently on Bellatrix

Roll 2d6 with TN 5 to discover more!

Alright.

Pretty much. Although Katrina Steiner may well be angling to squeeze the FedSuns between two Industrial powers with Steiners at the top all across the FedCom

Even now she's going for power plays.

Jasmine Kurita writes a personal letter of introduction for Akeno Kurita, and a rather heartfelt plea to bring her some small measure of happiness. It seems Akeno is something of a protege of Jasmine's and much cared for by her.

I would like a letter from the girl first. I will not force anyone into anything.

Practically Akeno Kurita is the youngest half sister of Marcus Kurita, former Warlord of Rasalhauge. She's 17, turning 18 on August 23rd.

Ah. Power play. Nice.

Duke Aaron Sandoval copies you on the briefing note MIIO put together (barring anything top secret of course) after your acceptance.

Alright

It seems that Takashi was somewhat surprised at your agreement, believing that no young man would give up the chance to formalize a feud.

One I can't prosecute beyond fucking with him (which I'm still going to do to a degree, but more on general principle rather than a desire for revenge) and the man responsible died in disgrace.

Plus this does allow me to fuck with him even now. He never actually expected to have to send a kinswoman off as a concubine, not even bride, to a periphery lord. Now he does and can't say no without a loss of face.

Additionally he's benefiting from spiking Marcus Kurita's political ploys based around marrying off his youngest sibling. Its one of those vicious little backhands of Kuritan politics that Marcus will be forced to carry around for a long time.

Yeah. Everyone gets something out of the deal.

TMI notes that Akeno's never spent any serious time away from Luithen, either attending one of its best schools, or being present in the Court attending to Jasmine Kurita.

Alright.

In the meantime your aunt pulls you aside for a chat and a deep long hug.

"Samuel I'm so proud of you for putting aside the desire for revenge," Ayala beams with pride. "Although now I'm worried you'll be emulating King David and taking many wives. Do you have any plans on what you'll do when this young lady arrives here?"

"I'm going to treat her with dignity, with respect, and not touch her unless he wants to be touched."

Though honestly, I need to rebuild my family...

Any particular units?

Wilson's Hussars (they're actually a decent unit but need a fucking BREAK)

I'm honestly willing to outright partially buy out the unit.

Hsien Hotheads (I'd like to train the TDF in planetary assault)
Hell's Black Aces (TEACHING JOBS)
Lone Star Regiment (if possible)
Markson's Marauders (pirate hunters good!)
Fuchida's Fusiliers - I'd like to play up to our shared periphery heritage
12th Vegan Rangers - I love their philosophy and believe it meshes well with that of my own and the Farlookers. I'm outright willing to give them a colony world as a landhold.

Thats it... for now.

As per the Roll below you get sent a bad news good news message:
Bad News; Bad Lands Cluster is a nightmare to navigate and map, actually finding the planet in question has thus far failed.
Good News: You've mapped out 60% of the Cluster, roll again to finally pin down the Pirates

Alright. Well, at least we have charts for future use.

So noted.

The local Fort where basic infantry and artillery gets trained is slowly being transformed into a full on Military Academy capable of teaching ASF, Mechs, and Armor warfare

Good. Now lets build a couple more colleges around just because we're Taurians and that's kinda our "thing" :p

While it takes over three months your crews manage to recover a substantial amount of battle technology from the Hegemony's Boneyard. Almost all of it is Re-unification War designs (or marks), but more than enough to equip 3 Mech Regiments with attached ASF elements. Even better they've got the Memory Core!

First, we need an excuse for deploying these mechs and arrange for several to be "reverse engineered" as an excuse to put them into production.

And I want that memory core's data duplicated and secured in several deep vaults across the concordant, rigged with explosives to prevent capture and rated to take a direct multi-megaton nuclear impact.

Then I want the main hidden in the most black and secure research lab possible.

I am not fucking around with this.

Now, where do the nerds want to start with this?

One thing I want looked up YESTERDAY is Project TRANSIENT...

A bond of $600 million C-Bills to be registered with Comstar, a Trogan Dropship (locally produced), and a Leopard CV with 6 ASF of their choice.

The bond gets released back to you upon the units techs certifying its condition

Is this a reasonable deal and how low can we negotiate it now that we're basically going to be using it as a front to pull specs off the core?

I'd also like to run a long term pet projects.

Sometime around the 1980s the Btech universe diverged from ours with computer technology. They seem to use holographic computers that are MUCH more durable than ours that last much longer, but at the cost of greater expense and size. I'd like to start a (very) well funded think tank with a single mission: I want to have them walk down the path less traveled. I want to take a look at the semi-conductor based computer and see how far we can go down the rabbit hole.

Also, Btech also seems to never have embraced the idea of 3d printing. I'd like to put a team on it.

Especially when it involves the Liao's being carved up

^_^

MAC destruction Plan #1 rolled below

Okay.

Okay.

A reasonable schedule to take PPL's Marauder Line down in 3026 is booked in. Samantha suggests that for a small (on her part at least XD)investment perhaps PPL would be willing to double their MAD3R line?

Hell yes. ^_^

It'll cost a goodly amount but oh yes.

"Perhaps after my solitary blow he will find sufficient courage to stop," Samantha notes.

On that note I'm rolling 2d6 for "Burn Michael's Summer Palace down"

Heh.

TDF Surge in Badlands below

Okay.

Perfectly reasonable and accepted.

Great. He hates completely binding anything

Samantha is hearing a no cost Sentinel license for that alteration

Half cost, same restrictions, and they'll signifigantly lower the tooling costs because they'll be making a duplicate set anyways for their own use and at that point it's cheaper to just make two. Half the price of duplicating a line is setup not even counting fees for lost production time.

"Well it is always easier to break up a problem into bit at a time," Samantha responds.

McCarron is one of those pests who needs to be stepped on.

Samantha lets them go at it

In the aftermath at the big Ball Samantha puts on she spends a good deal of time dancing with both men just getting a feel for them personally.

The tactic they adopted seems to boil down to "Tube Arty: Lots" with a general focus of dumping as much ammo on each target as is physically possible while hunkering down behind heavy cover.

Basically WW1 with mechs.

It actually does pretty well.

Off hand unless one of the big Regimental units + jumps for the offer I'm perfectly happy with "background units never mentioned!"

Wanna roll for it? If so 2d6

Samantha nods along and congratulates her on putting together a successful Merc Battalion

She admits that's as much her inheritance speaking as it was her own talents. Though she did get lucky with her crew.

All in all she's only a somewhat above average mechwarrior (3/4) but seems to be very well grounded as a commander.

She pilots a Shadowhawk with a PPC in place of the AC, no SRM, an extra medium laser, and a flamer in the head with 2 extra heat sinks.

Samantha extends an offer to let the Concordat R&D her units tech in exchange for a hefty slice of the patent

How about starting a manufacturing company? They like dicking around with rockets and have some ideas but never had the resources.

"Well Revy go give them hell!" Samantha cheers her on.

He smile is downright feral

2d6?

Samantha politely listens and then suggests that her Marshalls use Mai's expertise to emulate Death Commandos for training matches.

They get a shudder. This woman isn't right.

And she is doing her best to insulate herself to you personally. It seems she's smelling opportunity to become your personal bully girl.

Also that they use her skills in planning how to gut the MAC

She just says she needs 6 months, 200 million Cbills in non-sequential in active circulation hard currency, and an agreement that she can do whatever the hell she wants to whomever the hell she wants as long as they're not Taurian and it can't be traced back to you.

She doesn't tell you anything more.

Plausible deniability is a thing.

Samantha delightfully decides while teasing is fun some people are not receptive or perhaps ready "Rally if you ever decide your interested I'd love to spend a weekend getting to know you better. However I shan't press"

Friends only. She already spends enough time with oversexed maniacs.

Rolled as Mission Impossible below

Alright

"How about 'whoops we lost a shipment of tooling but gained one of useful metals, equipment, supplies' instead?"

"Ma'am, we have virtually nothing they need."

See operation Evil Bitch.

100m. They know that design is solid fucking GOLD and one of thier most beloved. They're not giving up any control over that market without a big payoff.

A much more reasonable 70 million. It is a REALLY BIG mech after all.

Good news is, the op goes off.

Bad news is Morgan sends you a rather upset letter. He loved that place too and many of his childhood treasures were stored there...

:( :( :(

They dust off the old plans. Not exceptional, but solid enough.

[dice]1999[/dice][/QUOTE]

4 years

[dice]2000[/dice]
The simplified version in 5 months sounds good enough for now. Still look at reverse-engineering the ferro-fibrous armour though - that would have many applications - and Streak technology (although I'd be more interested figuring out how to apply that to larger launchers than in building the Streak SRM2).

Alright.

One for now as part of a larger university, possibly another college later. (as a teacher and as the Protector, military education isn't my only concern).

Most universities have attached ROTC programs. Something the scale of what they need has to be a dedicated campus... normally located well away from anything you can actually blow up with a poorly placed training round.

Several SLDF-era Spector battlemechs, with the advanced Chameloeon Light Polarization Shield (may not be replicable) and a few other vintage SLDF 'Mechs (no exact list available).

Ah.

Ian gives you a rather nice letter saying they found something interesting and he will be sharing some of their research data with you in thanks.

I stand well reminded and give credit to all involved.

Many heroes are lionized that day.

Tap my personal funds to support relief efforts.

And your public image is improved even more

Hopefully this leaves him distracted from any further strikes against Taurian worlds. Plus I'd be surprised if the Anduriens weren't stepping up raids given this has weakened the reserves available to the CCAF in Sian Commonality rather considerably.

Like nothing you can't believe. They're not quite invading but the FWL is taking this chance to HAMMER him in the back behind.

Ironically one of the main spearhead units is the "Soap on a Rope Regiment". :p

Okay. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

From all reports, well.

How's the social scene on Taurus going? While I'm not going to be partying while the fighting's going on Laconis, life must go on, as must the business of state.

The Taurian people are enraged and there's a silent undercurrent that you need to strike back at House Liao

The world "Rollis" comes up a lot.

Have someone very quietly gather the available information within Taurian archives on Epsilon Eridani, Phrecda, Dark Nebula, Helm, Dixie, Antallos, Odessa and New Dallas, as well as another dozen or so worlds as a smokescreen. it's not quite time to mount any secret expeditions but some quiet thinking is in order.

Roll a 2d6 for each and remind me what you're looking for[/QUOTE]
[dice]2005[/dice]
[dice]2006[/dice]
[dice]2007[/dice]

Last edited:
Neat.

Most universities have attached ROTC programs. Something the scale of what they need has to be a dedicated campus... normally located well away from anything you can actually blow up with a poorly placed training round.
Yes, but look at NAIS (or what will one day become NAIS). Six colleges, only one of which was military.
I want something on that scale. We will call it Calderon Memorial and dedicate it to all the relatives who I never met but were wiped out, leaving me Protector.

Ian gives you a rather nice letter saying they found something interesting and he will be sharing some of their research data with you in thanks.
That's rather nice. If he does indeed share information then I'll go ahead and share the data from Celeano with him. (the payoff if he does find the Halstead Collection then this will pay off in spades.

And your public image is improved even more
Nice.

Like nothing you can't believe. They're not quite invading but the FWL is taking this chance to HAMMER him in the back behind.

Ironically one of the main spearhead units is the "Soap on a Rope Regiment". :p
Even more ironically, this may force Max to use the Wolf Dragoons so they'll not be left idle and as a direct result avert the issues that left them willing to take a contract with Anton Marik. Which could butterfly New Delos entirely. We shall see.

From all reports, well.
Excellent.

The Taurian people are enraged and there's a silent undercurrent that you need to strike back at House Liao

The world "Rollis" comes up a lot.
Not just yet. Which isn't to say I don't want contingencies ready. However, I want the Concordat Commandos and Gordon's Armored Cavalry rebuilt first, which means second half of 3012 at the earliest.

Roll a 2d6 for each and remind me what you're looking for
In general, enough data to justify (with my knowledge) having someone go look for lostech on those worlds

Epsilon Eridani - A Colossus-class dropship and possibly a depot attached to the lost drop-port where the dropship is.
[dice]2008[/dice]
Phrecda - A Colossus-class dropship loaded with SLDF Mechs.
[dice]2009[/dice]
Dark Nebula - Camelot Command drydock.
[dice]2010[/dice]
Helm - the Gray Death memory core and attached base
[dice]2011[/dice]
Dixie - a Castle Brian containing stores
[dice]2012[/dice]
Antallos - a SLDF listening outpost with Nighthawk suits in it
[dice]2013[/dice]
Odessa - the Ruins of Gabriel
[dice]2014[/dice]
New Dallas - another memory core and possibly a stockpile of primitive 'Mechs and tanks
[dice]2015[/dice][/QUOTE]

Yes, but look at NAIS (or what will one day become NAIS). Six colleges, only one of which was military.
I want something on that scale. We will call it Calderon Memorial and dedicate it to all the relatives who I never met but were wiped out, leaving me Protector.

Yeah, for that you'd be better off expanding the university network on Taurus into one giant ass academy.

That's rather nice. If he does indeed share information then I'll go ahead and share the data from Celeano with him. (the payoff if he does find the Halstead Collection then this will pay off in spades.

I'm assuming not via Comstar.

Ian sends you a full letter of thanks... and says a gift is incoming.

He sends you both the data and the original physical library from the Halstead Collection as a symbol of his thanks. While all of the books have been disassembled, scanned, duplicated, rebound, and generally been poked and prodded in ways that would make a Grey Alien Anal Probe Opperator blush, he's sending you the originals as a mark of his personal sense of obligation and friendship.

With the current turn away from Anti-Davion sentiment there's actually a couple kind words said in the Media once this and the nature of it comes out.

You made a deal with a devil and he acted like an angel.

Even more ironically, this may force Max to use the Wolf Dragoons so they'll not be left idle and as a direct result avert the issues that left them willing to take a contract with Anton Marik. Which could butterfly New Delos entirely. We shall see.

The Dragoons are being deployed to blunt the offensive.

Not just yet. Which isn't to say I don't want contingencies ready. However, I want the Concordat Commandos and Gordon's Armored Cavalry rebuilt first, which means second half of 3012 at the earliest.

Popular sentiment demands some kind of immediate reaction.

One of your marshals sends you a suggestion. Send a message to Ian Davion and consider negotiating a joint offensive.

Their population is pretty pissed off and are lionized by the Federated Suns courageous act of retribution. This is even made stronger by the fact Prince Ian is pretty blunt with the fact that without you the Halstead Collection would never have been found.

Helping the Concordant capturing a Liao world would probably go over well with their current public sentiment.

In general, enough data to justify (with my knowledge) having someone go look for lostech on those worlds

Epsilon Eridani - A Colossus-class dropship and possibly a depot attached to the lost drop-port where the dropship is.
[dice]2008[/dice]

Alright. You dispatch a scout team armed with Star League Era maps

Phrecda - A Colossus-class dropship loaded with SLDF Mechs.
[dice]2009[/dice]

Make that to scout teams...

Dark Nebula - Camelot Command drydock.
[dice]2010[/dice]

Honestly you get a fully look on that one.

"Ma'am even if there is a Star League era drydock there the Nebula is to put it gently huge. You're going to be looking for a needle in the worlds largest and most distant hay stack.

Helm - the Gray Death memory core and attached base
[dice]2011[/dice]

A couple agents are sent to poke around.

Dixie - a Castle Brian containing stores
[dice]2012[/dice]

A couple more agents...

Antallos - a SLDF listening outpost with Nighthawk suits in it
[dice]2013[/dice]

A team is sent but this is going to take a while... and frankly that pirate infested hole is so full of Lostech seekers that it might be a lost cause. Even if they can find it they might not be able to secure it.

Odessa - the Ruins of Gabriel
[dice]2014[/dice]

What do you want done with this? Find evidence that it exists?

New Dallas - another memory core and possibly a stockpile of primitive 'Mechs and tanks
[dice]2015[/dice]

They start to assemble and expedition. As it's pretty much a dead system they can go balls to the wall for this one.

Yeah, for that you'd be better off expanding the university network on Taurus into one giant ass academy.
That would not add capacity. Why in the world are my advisors so averse to expanding our non-military higher education? Is there something I'm not getting here?

Also I'm a bit concerned: despite lightly extending bait, Kaede doesn't appear to have any suitors. This is politically very concerning. Why are all her social overtures leading to stonewalls? I'd expect anyone this eligible to be practically besieged with suitors.

I'm assuming not via Comstar.
Certainly not. Secure courier.

Ian sends you a full letter of thanks... and says a gift is incoming.

He sends you both the data and the original physical library from the Halstead Collection as a symbol of his thanks. While all of the books have been disassembled, scanned, duplicated, rebound, and generally been poked and prodded in ways that would make a Grey Alien Anal Probe Opperator blush, he's sending you the originals as a mark of his personal sense of obligation and friendship.

With the current turn away from Anti-Davion sentiment there's actually a couple kind words said in the Media once this and the nature of it comes out.

You made a deal with a devil and he acted like an angel.
Excellent. Make copies for all our universities and another one for the new one. Ensure that the originals and other copies are storied in hidden and secure locations as a back-up against 'spontaneous synchronised book burnings' courtesy of ROM.

The Dragoons are being deployed to blunt the offensive.
And since Anton Marik is technically in command of the Capellan front it's likely they're clashing with Anton's regiments along with the provincial regiments. Waves of change.

Popular sentiment demands some kind of immediate reaction.

One of your marshals sends you a suggestion. Send a message to Ian Davion and consider negotiating a joint offensive.

Their population is pretty pissed off and are lionized by the Federated Suns courageous act of retribution. This is even made stronger by the fact Prince Ian is pretty blunt with the fact that without you the Halstead Collection would never have been found.

Helping the Concordant capturing a Liao world would probably go over well with their current public sentiment.
That's the sort of public sentiment that gets us mired in quarrels over the Pleiades for centuries.

On the other hand, there's something to be said for maintaining the pressure on the Liaos and coordinating efforts against them.

Send a polite message via ComStar (for time) but encoded, suggesting that if the AFFS is looking at an offensive against the Capellans then coordinating efforts would be an option.

Please read the above carefully. I am looking for data. I was not actually sending anyone out yet.

(You're being massively over-eager and pushing the pace of events at the moment. Is that deliberate? It's only 3012. While a few matters are time sensitive, for lostech caches there is no rush.)

Just because I'm the Protector doesn't mean people won't get suspicious and start hindering me if it seems like I'm throwing around vast amounts of public resources on whims with no justification. I'm building up credibility but I could burn that away very quickly with screw-ups - witness the disaster of the first strike on Rollis.

Also some of this is information that it's more productive for me to use as I did the Halstead Station data: as a diplomatic tool rather than seeking the goods for myself. A distant and small cache may be better used to generate goodwill with someone else rather than trying to take it for myself.

Alright. You dispatch a scout team armed with Star League Era maps

Make that to scout teams...

Honestly you get a fully look on that one.

"Ma'am even if there is a Star League era drydock there the Nebula is to put it gently huge. You're going to be looking for a needle in the worlds largest and most distant hay stack.

A couple agents are sent to poke around.

A couple more agents...

A team is sent but this is going to take a while... and frankly that pirate infested hole is so full of Lostech seekers that it might be a lost cause. Even if they can find it they might not be able to secure it.

What do you want done with this? Find evidence that it exists?

They start to assemble and expedition. As it's pretty much a dead system they can go balls to the wall for this one.
That's not what I'm doing. I'm not even sharing any conclusions about what's found with someone unless I specifically say so.

Of the eight prospects, the Camelot Command is a long-shot prospect - even if it was found then it'd be a pain in the ass to get anything salvageable from it back to the Concordat. So there's no use worrying about that as it stands.

Phecda is also a long way away and the dropship itself may not be salvageable from what I'm recalling. I'll keep that in reserve for possibly trading to Katrina Steiner. Odessa would be a much bigger find, but like Camelot Command it'd be hard to exploit. As long as it's reasonably likely that it can be found at a later point, that's all I need for now.

Antallos is risky enough that I figured it might only be worth using as a red herring if I need to cool down any over-enthusiasm over my nose for lostech. Since it looks like a reasonable lead, I will have a small team sent out to see if it can be found. If it looks too hazardous then we might be able to get some help from the Federated Suns or even the Outworlds Alliance.

Dixie is a long, long way away. However, it does have one other modest benefit - it's the far side of Helm from where our team would start. Send a team to see if they can find it. They need good covers because if they find the Castle Brian they're to sell the contents to the Lyrans. It's unlikely that there's anything in there that's more valuable than House Steiner's goodwill - or establishing whether Katrina Steiner is more like Ian Davion or Maxmilian Liao. If they genuinely feel that what's there is too valauble to sell the agents do have discretion to abort any attempt to sell and instead to hide what they found and report in.
The main value here is that on the way to Dixie, a few agents can break off from the team and head for Helm to check maps, get some idea of where the governor's papers are stored, etc. Basic groundwork for a later attempt on the Helm Cache. Under no circumstances are they to try to find the cache themselves.

New Dallas sounds like a really good prospect but if we're going to strain our shipping supporting an invasion of Rollis then this isn't the time to commit the shipping for that operation so hold back on that. I can use it later.

Finally, Epsilon Eridani looks promising for something else to offer Ian Davion rather than trying for it myself. I'm not going to offer it just yet, but it sounds like there's enough data that I could use it as a bargaining tool with him in the future.

Alright. Looking to angle for a PHD.

All things in due time, you can rest assured the various leaders of the TDF and its education establishment want the Protector well trained in the arts of war

Given its on Taurus, for some reason Louise doesn't want to go back home until a few years have passed, its pretty reasonable to go to.

Now we're grown or close to, would she be interested to teach in the concordant.

By the end of the year she's getting involved in Academic knife fights (no actual knives involved)

Always kept to my father's Deism but I'm sure the most that ever came out of that is a tendency to respectfully discuss religion.

Well that and your parents had agreed that you'd go Deist while Miriam went Jewish.

"You volunteering?" I ask with a laugh.

I do try and find her someone nice who I trust.

"Thank you for caring, Samuel" Ayala comments "But our tastes don't quite match"

"Because I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep?"

"I would not be surprised"

I cough. Then I cough again.

"........." Ayala ponders for a long moment before suddenly brightening up with a grin "Its not as if I have to put up with paint fumes personally, or watch your budget anymore"

The instructors visiting from VMI are a polite, friendly, and very sociable who teach their subjects with a great deal of passion. They don't actually make any espionage attempts, instead creating a web of contacts and fond former students. Which is all perfectly legal and above board

TMI carefully note said contacts and students for cross referencing on future projects. Just so they get a friendly reminder that no contacting Professors S, T, or R about it isn't kosher at all.

I'm no going to lie to her. I'm never going to be the most loyal man. For one I have an entire great house to rebuild...

Which is honestly the bit that has her wavering over a serious long term relationship. She's still young and having fun, but you get the sense she wants someone who cleave to her for the long haul.

That you're entirely open about your intentions and goals isn't causing any harm to your friendship.

Once I see its modular nature I'm rather clear. Either reverse engineer it or get us a license (or pretend to reverse engineer it while pulling the specs out of the memory core)

The Spad purchased for working on modular systems gets more measurements taken.

However New Age Systems on Niraski is a Draconis Combine company. Getting the Dragon to agree to part with a license for a front line ASF (versus say a tank) is not going to be the easiest task.

"Simple way to fix that is to limit the number of Tigress slots. We need ASF pilots, not more damned gunship pilots."

Its one of the inherit bias's of the TDF. Just like Davion's very questionable love for Jagermechs and Riflemen. Or the Lyran's "Wall of Steel"

On the flipside the Taurian Concordat is unusual in that they aggressively exploit solar systems and just a few choice planets and moons. Gunships are an effective means of patrolling and protecting said systems.

Yeah. It's annoying. Moar movies to fix it I guess...

Since I missed the recruitment roll: Good news is that the movie actually worked as the Academy actually has to turn away students after it reached capacity, resulting in a decent quality bump.

Recruiters however figure this will be a one year dear unless followed up on with better movies.

One thing I do say in passing is. "What would your Auntie give me for the location of a Star League era Mech Factory?"

"The Concordats a bit lacking in big drop-ships," Lisa notes. "If the factory isn't just a ruin, well I'm sure the TDF would appreciate producing the Fortress, or your economy the Behemoth."

Sadly Bellatrix is buttoned up tight. Even worse the only survivor of Edward Calderon's security team had only joined in late November (he was out doing site inspections for the next day instead of being at the BBQ)

Even now she's going for power plays.
Power plays, ensuring her daughter and niece marry powerful, wealthy rulers of their own realms.

I would like a letter from the girl first. I will not force anyone into anything.

Akeno's own letter comes in two part, the first is a very formal and traditional letter that boils down to a) she is in your own hands completely to do with as you will b) thanking your for not rejecting her

The second part is much less formal and covers some of the more basics of who she actually is as a person. Beyond her training in the classical arts she's studied 21st century rock, enjoys cooking, volunteering as a shrine maiden, has kept dogs (and is bringing a border collie with her), and is a Prefecture "sensha-dō" (way of the tank) champion.

Oh and that its a relief her future lord isn't a seventy year old with two previous wives

One I can't prosecute beyond fucking with him (which I'm still going to do to a degree, but more on general principle rather than a desire for revenge) and the man responsible died in disgrace.

Plus this does allow me to fuck with him even now. He never actually expected to have to send a kinswoman off as a concubine, not even bride, to a periphery lord. Now he does and can't say no without a loss of face.

You speak as if blood feuds in BT are built on anything resembling rational. Wayne Waco's 60 year feud with the Dragoons, Takashi's and Jamie Wolfs own little spat, etc.

Well that and the DC's greater awareness of the TC these days basically lead the leadership to do "Well they are crazy enough bastards to attempt to kick in the teeth of the full SLDF twice" take. You've gained the nickname "Oni-dono" or Orge Lord amongst DCMS circles.

"I'm going to treat her with dignity, with respect, and not touch her unless he wants to be touched."

Though honestly, I need to rebuild my family...

"More practically perhaps put her up in one of the residences you have across the city with an allowance," Ayala notes "It would give you both space."

Wilson's Hussars (they're actually a decent unit but need a fucking BREAK)

I'm honestly willing to outright partially buy out the unit.
Consider them one of the units who thankfully limped into your caring arms.

Hsien Hotheads (I'd like to train the TDF in planetary assault)

The Lyran's have them under contract for years to go

Hell's Black Aces (TEACHING JOBS)

Still on their revenge kick against the Filthy Lucre, check back in 3031

Lone Star Regiment (if possible)

Hanse them locked down for at least another decade

Markson's Marauders (pirate hunters good!)

Currently in Lyran employ

Fuchida's Fusiliers - I'd like to play up to our shared periphery heritage

Is do to end contract with the FWL on December 31st 3026

12th Vegan Rangers - I love their philosophy and believe it meshes well with that of my own and the Farlookers. I'm outright willing to give them a colony world as a landhold.

Hanse is a brooding mother hen when it comes to keeping other peoples mitts off multi-regiment formations

Alright. Well, at least we have charts for future use.

This time around equipment breakdowns, sensor ghosts and other assorted difficulties only get you another 30% of the Cluster. 3rd time (and 3 more months) should be the charm!

Good. Now lets build a couple more colleges around just because we're Taurians and that's kinda our "thing"

Sterope gets a major university as well

First, we need an excuse for deploying these mechs and arrange for several to be "reverse engineered" as an excuse to put them into production.

Warhammers, Thunderbolts, Archers, Ostrocs, Shadow Hawks, Wolverines, Phoenix Hawks, and a smattering of Stalkers, Banshee's and Strikers form up the units scavenged from the Boneyard.

There's about another two regiments of Wasps and Stingers however, and a regiment of Urban mechs, with a battalion of Clints, another of Assassins, and a third of Whitworths.

However cargo space was limited and the better mechs were taken. A second expedition could be carefully sent to secure the remaining mechs and search the boneyard some more.

As for excuse's to deploy these Mechs, your Marshalls make a suggestion: Stand up a new regiment while keeping 2 regiments worth of Mechs to provide an operational reserve for high tempo campaigns.

And I want that memory core's data duplicated and secured in several deep vaults across the concordant, rigged with explosives to prevent capture and rated to take a direct multi-megaton nuclear impact.

Then I want the main hidden in the most black and secure research lab possible.

I am not fucking around with this.
Elaborate measures are taken to secure the memory core and its data.

Now, where do the nerds want to start with this?

New Dallas Core overview

Covers 2765 and earlier, units produced later are not included
This includes
1) All Battlemech specs
2) All ASF specs
3) All Combat Vee specs
4) Industrial Mech Specs
5) Royal Technology (aka all lvl 2 battletech not for Warships)
6) Specs for Union, Fortress, Colossus, Leopard, Overlord and Lee Dropships

The biggest prizes are literally:
1) Mobile HPG (expensive at billion c-bills a unit)
2) J/U Water filter truck
3) Nighthawk PA

One thing I want looked up YESTERDAY is Project TRANSIENT...

Not on the Core

Is this a reasonable deal and how low can we negotiate it now that we're basically going to be using it as a front to pull specs off the core?

Sadly the Vengeance isn't on the core. The bond is reasonable given that's roughly what the Mercs would have to pay to get a replacement unit, and if you don't break it you don't pay for it.

Your negotiators manage to secure agreement that the units in question don't have to be new, merely refurbished however. The TCN can easily absorb the cost by simply not reselling a Trojan when they buy its replacement. Ditching a Leopard CV for new Vengeance CVs is viewed as a perfectly reasonable choice.

I'd also like to run a long term pet projects.

Sometime around the 1980s the Btech universe diverged from ours with computer technology. They seem to use holographic computers that are MUCH more durable than ours that last much longer, but at the cost of greater expense and size. I'd like to start a (very) well funded think tank with a single mission: I want to have them walk down the path less traveled. I want to take a look at the semi-conductor based computer and see how far we can go down the rabbit hole.

Semi conductors go to die around Fusion engines

Also, Btech also seems to never have embraced the idea of 3d printing. I'd like to put a team on it.

It starts bouncing around engineering circles

Samantha Calderon April 3025

Hell yes. ^_^

It'll cost a goodly amount but oh yes.

Well small for Samantha

Half cost, same restrictions, and they'll signifigantly lower the tooling costs because they'll be making a duplicate set anyways for their own use and at that point it's cheaper to just make two. Half the price of duplicating a line is setup not even counting fees for lost production time.

Deal!

The tactic they adopted seems to boil down to "Tube Arty: Lots" with a general focus of dumping as much ammo on each target as is physically possible while hunkering down behind heavy cover.

Basically WW1 with mechs.

It actually does pretty well.

Both gentlemen get gold stars and verbal encouragement from Samantha. Also order sheets for the under development Tactical Weapons carrier and its Thumper variant to take back with them.

Before Morgan leaves Samantha invites him for a game of pool and drinks in a very flirty black mini dress and heels.

Wanna roll for it? If so 2d6

[dice]2027[/dice]

She admits that's as much her inheritance speaking as it was her own talents. Though she did get lucky with her crew.

All in all she's only a somewhat above average mechwarrior (3/4) but seems to be very well grounded as a commander.

She pilots a Shadowhawk with a PPC in place of the AC, no SRM, an extra medium laser, and a flamer in the head with 2 extra heat sinks.

How about starting a manufacturing company? They like dicking around with rockets and have some ideas but never had the resources.

Samantha puts together a funding package to get them started.

He smile is downright feral

2d6?

[dice]2028[/dice]

They get a shudder. This woman isn't right.

And she is doing her best to insulate herself to you personally. It seems she's smelling opportunity to become your personal bully girl.

Samantha carefully discuss's the Capallens Warrior Houses and how even those without a faith can organize themselves around a point of philosophy. Then how a philosophic organization, even a martial one, would be welcome to settle permanently in the Concordat

She just says she needs 6 months, 200 million Cbills in non-sequential in active circulation hard currency, and an agreement that she can do whatever the hell she wants to whomever the hell she wants as long as they're not Taurian and it can't be traced back to you.

She doesn't tell you anything more.

Plausible deniability is a thing.

Funding through TMI is collect those 200 million c-bills from across as many planets outside the TC as possible over a two year period.

Then Mai gets the money and the go ahead.

Friends only. She already spends enough time with oversexed maniacs.

Samantha pouts a little at this then takes Rally shopping on her dime. For a very fast sports car.

"Ma'am, we have virtually nothing they need."

"Well damn," Samantha answers. "Still a good chat. Thank you gentlemen."

100m. They know that design is solid fucking GOLD and one of thier most beloved. They're not giving up any control over that market without a big payoff.

On that note would Technitron prefer expanding into the Concordat so they can keep control of the Awesome? If not Sam gets around to paying (in 3026)

A much more reasonable 70 million. It is a REALLY BIG mech after all.

Still worth it though for a solid Assault

Good news is, the op goes off.

Bad news is Morgan sends you a rather upset letter. He loved that place too and many of his childhood treasures were stored there...

:( :( :(

Samantha carefully replies that while she regrets having to resort to such measures its still better than hundreds dead, thousands homeless and millions upon millions of c-bills of civil infrastructure ruined that regular reprisal raiding would have cost.

They dust off the old plans. Not exceptional, but solid enough.

Late 3025 a TCN Squadron heavy on the gunships, asf and assault droppers aided by any willing farlookers crews starts poking at the Badlands Cluster to track down pirates.

Same time the TDF works up a plan to hammer said Pirates with at least one Mech Regiment, 3 Armored Regiments and sufficient Infantry and support units.

Will check back in 3029

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19)

OOC: Take your time, man.

Okay. Just realize some units your roll doesn't matter based on the background

The 21st Centauri Lancers are happily in the employ of the Free World's League

Bronson's Horde is available but their prices are high.

The Crater Cobras are still recovering from the FUBAR (and subsequent mauling) they suffered on Sarna and might be interested in a nice, safe, well paying Garrison op to lick their wounds... but they'll want a high discount on military equipment and you better not intend to actually attack anyone with them because they're in the market for a milk run.

Cameron's Legion is currently enroute from their last contract and will be in the Concordant soon. You already got 'em.

Fuchida's Fusiliers have just finished a contract with the Federated Suns and are looking for a new host. Right now it's down to you and the Free Worlds League

Gabhardt's Carabineers are interested but are also on the lyran periphery... you willing to pay the transport costs?

Greenburg's Godzillas are in a long term contract and frankly since they televise they're also a reality show, a garrison in the periphery is a no go. Ever.

Greg's Longstriders are working for the lyrans but if you make it worth their time they might not renew.

Helmut's Hermits just extended thier contract with the Fedcom...

Hansen's Roughriders are currently on Suk II and are not looking for work.

Harlock is pretty dismissive. You're not going to give him the action he desires.

Hsien's Hotheads current contract is coming to a close. You might want to contact them personally.

Hells' Black Aces will happily take up contact with the Concordant but their price is steep. And they want a full refit for their vengeance dropship which was neglected by the previous... occupants.

Khrosakhov's Cossaks will join up under one condition: They get to shoot at Capallans. ^_^

Kingston Caballeros are still licking thier wounds an might be interested in garrison duty but not attacking.

The Legion of the Rising Sun was badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order but are ready for action. If you're willing to help supply them and help them rebuild they'll happily serve the Concordant loyally.

Lone Star Regiment's already contracted.

The Lone Wolves are already in the area. Seems that they are interested in seeing who will pay them more, you or Liao, and you seem to have deeper pockets...

Markson's Marauders are currently in the concordant on pirate hunting duties

Redfield's Renegades are currently in the employ of the Canopians are are happilly butchering the capallans. :)

Sathen's Snipers are on duty for the St Ives Compact.

The Screaming Eagles are working for the FWL

McGee's Cutthroats are still working for the combine, shockingly enough.

St. Cyr Heavy Assault Group was one of the more high profile victims of the Death to Mercenaries order, and while many survived their cohesion as a unit was one of the casualties.

The 104th Striker Regiment was another unit badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order.

the Thumpers are working for Lyran private interests.

the Valks are another unit badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order and are still rebuilding, though they were not virtually exterminated as the other previously mentioned commands were.

The 12th Vegan Rangers have just finished a contract with the Federated suns and are looking for somethign new, but you REALLY better offer them something sweet.

Wilson is pretty much willing to be your personal love bitch if it means saving his unit

Negotiating with the Outworlds Alliance in case of any significant discovery on the planet of Rivin, supposed to hold a Lostech Cache and base that the Explorer Corps used after it was cleared out by pirates, were the Corps found even more stuff deeper in.
[dice]1986[/dice]

You start looking but need to find it first.

[dice]1987[/dice]
Ouch.

They're not agreeing on the payment up front for something they don't know the details of. More info or they'll talk payment AFTERWARDS.

[dice]1988[/dice]
Damn.

You're slowing pinpointing it.

That would not add capacity. Why in the world are my advisors so averse to expanding our non-military higher education? Is there something I'm not getting here?

No, it's not that. They have no problem expanding the non-military. Just military educations and civilian tend to have a different tone so mixing the two is seen as problematic.

The Marshals says they need a new military academy. Which means they need a new military academy. The rest is up to you on your own time and isn't part of their job to comment on except when it might affect military matters.

Also I'm a bit concerned: despite lightly extending bait, Kaede doesn't appear to have any suitors. This is politically very concerning. Why are all her social overtures leading to stonewalls? I'd expect anyone this eligible to be practically besieged with suitors.

It's because the dumbass GM was missing the subtle bait. She's generally being besieged. And I need to look up some NPCs :p

Certainly not. Secure courier.

Good. Ian sends you a very well written personal response.

He calls you a friend.

Excellent. Make copies for all our universities and another one for the new one. Ensure that the originals and other copies are storied in hidden and secure locations as a back-up against 'spontaneous synchronised book burnings' courtesy of ROM.

They're stuffed in a heavy vault that's kept flooded with a pure nitrogen atmosphere

And since Anton Marik is technically in command of the Capellan front it's likely they're clashing with Anton's regiments along with the provincial regiments. Waves of change.

Speaking an Anton he does send you some letters, as does Janos, who would very much like to introduce you to his son...

That's the sort of public sentiment that gets us mired in quarrels over the Pleiades for centuries.

On the other hand, there's something to be said for maintaining the pressure on the Liaos and coordinating efforts against them.

Send a polite message via ComStar (for time) but encoded, suggesting that if the AFFS is looking at an offensive against the Capellans then coordinating efforts would be an option.

Ian offers to personally lead such a joint offensive. Seems that last little fuckup really put a knot in his knickers. Enough that he wants to take some time off from skinning snakes to blow up Mad Max's V8 Interceptor if you get my drift.

Please read the above carefully. I am looking for data. I was not actually sending anyone out yet.

My apologies.

(You're being massively over-eager and pushing the pace of events at the moment. Is that deliberate? It's only 3012. While a few matters are time sensitive, for lostech caches there is no rush.)

Sorry. Everyone else is kinda jumping on it like rabid wolverines on a sugar high so I made the mistake of assuming.

Just because I'm the Protector doesn't mean people won't get suspicious and start hindering me if it seems like I'm throwing around vast amounts of public resources on whims with no justification. I'm building up credibility but I could burn that away very quickly with screw-ups - witness the disaster of the first strike on Rollis.

Got ya.

Also some of this is information that it's more productive for me to use as I did the Halstead Station data: as a diplomatic tool rather than seeking the goods for myself. A distant and small cache may be better used to generate goodwill with someone else rather than trying to take it for myself.

Yep.

That's not what I'm doing. I'm not even sharing any conclusions about what's found with someone unless I specifically say so.

Okay. I'll reply to your comments and put in proper responses to the rolls

Of the eight prospects, the Camelot Command is a long-shot prospect - even if it was found then it'd be a pain in the ass to get anything salvageable from it back to the Concordat. So there's no use worrying about that as it stands.

It's also judged to be almost impossible to find. Best bet would be let Katrina Steiner know and let her do the looking. Though even then it might take YEARS to find. Or days. Depends on how blindly lucky you are...

Phecda is also a long way away and the dropship itself may not be salvageable from what I'm recalling. I'll keep that in reserve for possibly trading to Katrina Steiner. Odessa would be a much bigger find, but like Camelot Command it'd be hard to exploit. As long as it's reasonably likely that it can be found at a later point, that's all I need for now.

With Phecda they'd need to send a covert servery team to get a solid fix on the location. On Odessa it's honestly an issue of proof. Their suggestion is have a dropship appear in system, then have it dump some covery satalites out the ass while on a routine cargo run for Odessa III and watch for movement.

Antallos is risky enough that I figured it might only be worth using as a red herring if I need to cool down any over-enthusiasm over my nose for lostech. Since it looks like a reasonable lead, I will have a small team sent out to see if it can be found. If it looks too hazardous then we might be able to get some help from the Federated Suns or even the Outworlds Alliance.

You send a team out then?
Dixie is a long, long way away. However, it does have one other modest benefit - it's the far side of Helm from where our team would start. Send a team to see if they can find it. They need good covers because if they find the Castle Brian they're to sell the contents to the Lyrans. It's unlikely that there's anything in there that's more valuable than House Steiner's goodwill - or establishing whether Katrina Steiner is more like Ian Davion or Maxmilian Liao. If they genuinely feel that what's there is too valauble to sell the agents do have discretion to abort any attempt to sell and instead to hide what they found and report in.
The main value here is that on the way to Dixie, a few agents can break off from the team and head for Helm to check maps, get some idea of where the governor's papers are stored, etc. Basic groundwork for a later attempt on the Helm Cache. Under no circumstances are they to try to find the cache themselves.

It would be better to send two different teams. For help with your mission to not find it, be better to send a covert observation mission. For Dixie, they suggest the same with infiltration kit.

New Dallas sounds like a really good prospect but if we're going to strain our shipping supporting an invasion of Rollis then this isn't the time to commit the shipping for that operation so hold back on that. I can use it later.

For now Dallas you need four things things, a loyal crew, a single dropship, some BIG cargo dropships, and enough time that they are able to really dig around in the (radioactive) dirt

Finally, Epsilon Eridani looks promising for something else to offer Ian Davion rather than trying for it myself. I'm not going to offer it just yet, but it sounds like there's enough data that I could use it as a bargaining tool with him in the future.

Ok. They'll look into it.

All things in due time, you can rest assured the various leaders of the TDF and its education establishment want the Protector well trained in the arts of war

A minor (at least) in cinematography as well. I enjoyed making that B-movie and want to make MOAR!

Given its on Taurus, for some reason Louise doesn't want to go back home until a few years have passed, its pretty reasonable to go to.

Alright. I do give her a big hug and tell her that I'm happy I was able to help facilitate it.

By the end of the year she's getting involved in Academic knife fights (no actual knives involved)

Yet.

So what is her subject?

Well that and your parents had agreed that you'd go Deist while Miriam went Jewish.

Works. I was probably raised semi-jewish though.

"Thank you for caring, Samuel" Ayala comments "But our tastes don't quite match"

"Consider it revenge for all the blind dates with the 'Nice Jewish Girls who would be perfect for me'."

Still, I am trying to match her interests.

"I would not be surprised"

"That or I would have done my best Blues Brothers imitation."

"........." Ayala ponders for a long moment before suddenly brightening up with a grin "Its not as if I have to put up with paint fumes personally, or watch your budget anymore"

"I never played THAT companies minis. Seriously, if you go by weight, their little plastic models are more expensive than Germanium."

The instructors visiting from VMI are a polite, friendly, and very sociable who teach their subjects with a great deal of passion. They don't actually make any espionage attempts, instead creating a web of contacts and fond former students. Which is all perfectly legal and above board

TMI carefully note said contacts and students for cross referencing on future projects. Just so they get a friendly reminder that no contacting Professors S, T, or R about it isn't kosher at all.

Works :)

Which is honestly the bit that has her wavering over a serious long term relationship. She's still young and having fun, but you get the sense she wants someone who cleave to her for the long haul.

That you're entirely open about your intentions and goals isn't causing any harm to your friendship.

You misunderstand. I'm willing to have long term lovers with intense and deeply emotional connections. I'm just not what you'd call... well... committed to monogamy.

The Spad purchased for working on modular systems gets more measurements taken.

However New Age Systems on Niraski is a Draconis Combine company. Getting the Dragon to agree to part with a license for a front line ASF (versus say a tank) is not going to be the easiest task.

Let me put it this way.

1) The Dragon can agree, his realm is enriched with a reasonable licensing fee that will encourage his merchants to expand their enterprises enriching his realm even more and will strengthen the bond of respect between our two states.

or

2) He says no and I do it anyways.

I'm going to have the Spad. What I'm doing is giving him an opportunity to profit and ensure that he doesn't lose face.
Its one of the inherit bias's of the TDF. Just like Davion's very questionable love for Jagermechs and Riflemen. Or the Lyran's "Wall of Steel"

On the flipside the Taurian Concordat is unusual in that they aggressively exploit solar systems and just a few choice planets and moons. Gunships are an effective means of patrolling and protecting said systems.

One of the reasons I'd like to have the Vengence Class under production.

Also a reason I'll have a request put in for our Leopard Line to produce Leopard CVs.

Having a strong carrier force will help make them more practical.

Since I missed the recruitment roll: Good news is that the movie actually worked as the Academy actually has to turn away students after it reached capacity, resulting in a decent quality bump.

Recruiters however figure this will be a one year dear unless followed up on with better movies.

I want two made. One will be a better made film with better actors though the stunts will still be done by real pilots.

The other... I want to take our last film and run with it. It was done seriously but between the cheesy plot, poor writing, and generally hammy acting it was ridiculous. So this time, lets take those three element and turn them up to 11. And lets make it a musical. I want something so fucking rediclious that people will be remembering it for decades. I want Top Gun (in SPACE) meets The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"The Concordats a bit lacking in big drop-ships," Lisa notes. "If the factory isn't just a ruin, well I'm sure the TDF would appreciate producing the Fortress, or your economy the Behemoth."

"A copy of the design specs for anything shiny found inside and you might just have a deal."

Sadly Bellatrix is buttoned up tight. Even worse the only survivor of Edward Calderon's security team had only joined in late November (he was out doing site inspections for the next day instead of being at the BBQ)

Power plays, ensuring her daughter and niece marry powerful, wealthy rulers of their own realms.

And I bet Hanse is having dreams of one giant happy FedCom...

Akeno's own letter comes in two part, the first is a very formal and traditional letter that boils down to a) she is in your own hands completely to do with as you will b) thanking your for not rejecting her

The response is an equally formal letter saying that I will honor and protect her and that no sane man could ever reject such a generous offer.

The second part is much less formal and covers some of the more basics of who she actually is as a person. Beyond her training in the classical arts she's studied 21st century rock, enjoys cooking, volunteering as a shrine maiden, has kept dogs (and is bringing a border collie with her), and is a Prefecture "sensha-dō" (way of the tank) champion.

I'm more into Late 20th Century Heavy Metal myself but I do enjoy me some Rock and Roll. I also enjoy cooking (and eating) myself, though mine tends to go more towards baking (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and Man Cook Meat With Fire (and in MANY exotic forms). I like history, writing and have a strange love of junk shopping. I'm a cat person (I have several... who really REALLY hate space travel). I am an expert at shooting things in my Mech.

Oh and that its a relief her future lord isn't a seventy year old with two previous wives

And as her future lord, her happiness will be important to me.

You speak as if blood feuds in BT are built on anything resembling rational. Wayne Waco's 60 year feud with the Dragoons, Takashi's and Jamie Wolfs own little spat, etc.

True. I must be coming off as insanely levelheaded and forgiving. :p

I took the Hot Kurita Concubine over the feud. :p

Well that and the DC's greater awareness of the TC these days basically lead the leadership to do "Well they are crazy enough bastards to attempt to kick in the teeth of the full SLDF twice" take. You've gained the nickname "Oni-dono" or Orge Lord amongst DCMS circles.

Worse names to have. I might have to have my mercantile exchange with the Combine called the Jigoku Trading Company as a bit of ham

"More practically perhaps put her up in one of the residences you have across the city with an allowance," Ayala notes "It would give you both space."

I was intending to have a comfortable traditionally Japanese residence constructed on the grounds of my main property. She enjoys tending to shrines. I might dedicate it as a family shrine to the memories of my fallen kin and give her the esteemed duty of tending to it. Something more personal than the giant memorial in the heart of the city.

Should give her something to do, something that will honor her personally, and something that will placate her kin .

I'm also intending to send her to college. Maybe she might want to make her fondness for sensha-dō into a career.

Consider them one of the units who thankfully limped into your caring arms.

Good. To reiterate and detail my attitude towards Mercs is generally... well... as long as unit fights hard and has good men, I'll cut you a break and give you an honest chance. Even if you've been unlucky, even if you've made a couple bad calls or honest mistakes that anyone could have made. It's a fickle world and I'm willing to cut people some slack in exchange for loyalty.

I'm even willing to consider an offer amnesty to pirate and outlaw units as long as they're more the hard luck "I gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat" kind rather than the "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!" type.

Though that type tend to have part of their pay docked to pay for damages and anyone who performed anything that could count as an outright war crime has to be turned over.

That said, anyone who violates said parole would be hunted down and murdered.

The Lyran's have them under contract for years to go

Shit

Still on their revenge kick against the Filthy Lucre, check back in 3031

Ah.

Hanse them locked down for at least another decade

Crap

Currently in Lyran employ

Double Crap.

Is do to end contract with the FWL on December 31st 3026

Forward them an open offer.

Hanse is a brooding mother hen when it comes to keeping other peoples mitts off multi-regiment formations

And I still open conversation.

Some other units I'd like to look into... Redfield Renegades and Khorsakhov's Cossacks

This time around equipment breakdowns, sensor ghosts and other assorted difficulties only get you another 30% of the Cluster. 3rd time (and 3 more months) should be the charm!

Fucking hell...

And on the subject of pirates, what info do we have on Tortuga?
Sterope gets a major university as well

YEAH!

Taurians Love Colleges.

Along those lines I'd like to have
a) A dedicated Artillary School founded
and
b) several new Tube arty factories set up at some point over the next couple years

I want arty to become an important part of our way of war.

Warhammers, Thunderbolts, Archers, Ostrocs, Shadow Hawks, Wolverines, Phoenix Hawks, and a smattering of Stalkers, Banshee's and Strikers form up the units scavenged from the Boneyard.

There's about another two regiments of Wasps and Stingers however, and a regiment of Urban mechs, with a battalion of Clints, another of Assassins, and a third of Whitworths.

However cargo space was limited and the better mechs were taken. A second expedition could be carefully sent to secure the remaining mechs and search the boneyard some more.

Send it.

As for excuse's to deploy these Mechs, your Marshalls make a suggestion: Stand up a new regiment while keeping 2 regiments worth of Mechs to provide an operational reserve for high tempo campaigns.

Do it.

Elaborate measures are taken to secure the memory core and its data.

Alright.
New Dallas Core overview

Covers 2765 and earlier, units produced later are not included
This includes
1) All Battlemech specs
2) All ASF specs
3) All Combat Vee specs
4) Industrial Mech Specs
5) Royal Technology (aka all lvl 2 battletech not for Warships)
6) Specs for Union, Fortress, Colossus, Leopard, Overlord and Lee Dropships

I thought they were all in there including Droppers, Jumpers, and Warships both primitive and advanced.

Would it be possible those records are elsewhere on planet?

Also, I'd like to see if I can find the specs for the old Manate class Mechcarrier/Cargo ship. With modification (converting the mechbays back to Cargo Space) it might make a good light duty dropship for deep periphery duty.

Along those lines as well... I want the Toro and Talos projects to be "completed".

I'd also like work to start on a cover story. Say we found a Reunification War Era Depot or something.

The biggest prizes are literally:
1) Mobile HPG (expensive at billion c-bills a unit)

2) J/U Water filter truck

We need to come up with an excuse to put this back into mass production. With this tech we can recolonize the worlds abandoned during the fall of the Star League

We also need an excuse to put this into some form of production

Can we build a version with standard armor that sacrifices stealth for firepower?

As well as a space adapted boarding oriented version?

Along those lines I'd like to look into new machine gun systems... a light and heavy.

I want our frontline infantry forces to be upgraded power armor.

Something alone these lines maybe? Though there can be adaptions. For example, a non-jump version with heavier weapons or even a bording oriented version for space combat and boarding ops (for the SASF)

Code:
		Classic BattleTech Battle Armor Technical Readout
						* CUSTOM EQUIPMENT
Type/Model: Apis Power Suit
Tech/Era: Inner Sphere / 3067 / CBT Rules
Chassis Type: Humanoid
Weight Class: PA(L)/Exoskeleton (0 - 400 kg)
Rules: Level 3, Standard design
Ground Speed: 32.4 km/h
Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor Type: Standard
------------------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Apis Power Suit
Equipment: Slots Mass
Chassis Type: PA(L) Class Humanoid				 0 80
Motive System: Ground Movement (3 MP)			   0 50
Jump Jets (3 MP)			   0 75
Armor Type:	2 Points Standard					0 100
Manipulators:
  Left Arm:	Armored Glove						0 0
  Right Arm:   Armored Glove						0 0
Weapons and Equipment Loc Shots Slots Mass
Laser Rifle						  Rt Hand		  0 0
Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount		  RA			 1 5
Sub-Machine Gun					 RA	   50	 0 0
Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount		  LA			 1 5
Sub-Machine Gun					 LA	   50	 0 0
Light Machine Gun*				   Body	 50	 1 75
Mission Equipment (10kg Capy)		Body		 1 0
TOTALS:									  4 390
Slots & Mass Left:								   2 10
Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 432,920 C-Bills, Including Trooper
Training Costs of 150,000 C-bills
Battle Value: 14 (56 for 4) Weapon Value: 4 (Ratio=.29)
Cost per BV: 20,208.57 (w/o Trooper Training costs)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 1 MRDmg = 0 LRDmg = 0
Mechanized: Can travel on OmniMechs and OmniVehicles
Attacks: Can perform Swarm and Leg attacks
BattleForce2: Class: IB MP: 3J Armor/Structure: 1 / 0
				Damage PB/M/L: -/-/- Overheat: 0
				Point Value: 1 Specials: mec, car4
CBT:RPG Data: Armor Value (M/B/E/X): 4/5/6/5 Coverage: Full
				IR: 0, ECM: 0, Camo: 0
				Melee AP: 0, Target Size Modifier: 0
				Movement Modifiers:
				 Walking: +4, Running: +8, Sprinting: +12
				Jump: 90 m/turn
				Attribute Modifiers: STR: 0, DEX: 0, RFL: 0
				Equipment Rating: E/E/E
				Created by HeavyMetal Battle Armor

Shit

Sadly the Vengeance isn't on the core.

Double shit.

The bond is reasonable given that's roughly what the Mercs would have to pay to get a replacement unit, and if you don't break it you don't pay for it.

I'd like their techs involved in this of course since they know the dropship the best. This way they can babysit AND they can use this as a chance to get a free overhaul.

Your negotiators manage to secure agreement that the units in question don't have to be new, merely refurbished however. The TCN can easily absorb the cost by simply not reselling a Trojan when they buy its replacement. Ditching a Leopard CV for new Vengeance CVs is viewed as a perfectly reasonable choice.

Cool. It's done.

Semi conductors go to die around Fusion engines

Thankfully not everything runs on fusion and there is such a thing as system hardening, sircuit breakers, and fariday cages.

Plus even if it doesn't become big in the military field, they should be very useful in the civilian market.

It starts bouncing around engineering circles

I make a couple suggestions and offer some ideas.

Samantha Calderon April 3025

Well small for Samantha

All things are relative.. including Max Liao's parents :p.

And everyone leaves smirking like they just fucked the other guy. Good negotiation.

Both gentlemen get gold stars and verbal encouragement from Samantha. Also order sheets for the under development Tactical Weapons carrier and its Thumper variant to take back with them.

Both of them will put it under review. Duncan is for it, but sadly doubts Janos will put out the cash.

Morgan will be talking to his uncle and is sure there will be heavy orders.

Before Morgan leaves Samantha invites him for a game of pool and drinks in a very flirty black mini dress and heels.

Assuming she acts the way I think she will, by the end of the night he's standing awkwardly and is beet red.

[dice]2027[/dice]

No Mas.

Samantha puts together a funding package to get them started.

Chop Shop Industries is registered the next day.

And they have a concept for an unguided "Medium Range Missile" System.

Her unit all but vanishes into the periphery popping back in from time to time to cash out bounties and sell excess mechs.

This seems to be relatively standard behavior.

Samantha carefully discuss's the Capallens Warrior Houses and how even those without a faith can organize themselves around a point of philosophy. Then how a philosophic organization, even a martial one, would be welcome to settle permanently in the Concordat

"And what Philosophy would you like?" she asks calmly.
Funding through TMI is collect those 200 million c-bills from across as many planets outside the TC as possible over a two year period.

Then Mai gets the money and the go ahead.

Six months. You have six months. Time is of the essence and she needs to ensure that numerous assets are fresh and in place for her plan to work.

Samantha pouts a little at this then takes Rally shopping on her dime. For a very fast sports car.

She manages to dig up a true local classic... a beat up Rockbell Victoria. Dating back to the Age of War, this model of car was considered the gold standard of Taurian muscle for generations. Sadly the main Rockbell Motors plant on Ridgebrook was one of many factories given to Federated Suns interests after the War of Spheroid Aggression and was Converted to build low cost economy cars...

"Well damn," Samantha answers. "Still a good chat. Thank you gentlemen."

"Thank you, ma'am."

On that note would Technitron prefer expanding into the Concordat so they can keep control of the Awesome? If not Sam gets around to paying (in 3026)

What's your offer?

Still worth it though for a solid Assault

Done!

Samantha carefully replies that while she regrets having to resort to such measures its still better than hundreds dead, thousands homeless and millions upon millions of c-bills of civil infrastructure ruined that regular reprisal raiding would have cost.

It's a personal message that's more him grumping at you and less an official complaint.

You struck up something of a friendship. Your friend is now bitching at you for cutting down his treehouse even though he knows you did it so it wouldn't fall on his roof

Late 3025 a TCN Squadron heavy on the gunships, asf and assault droppers aided by any willing farlookers crews starts poking at the Badlands Cluster to track down pirates.

Same time the TDF works up a plan to hammer said Pirates with at least one Mech Regiment, 3 Armored Regiments and sufficient Infantry and support units.

2d6

Will check back in 3029
Remind me.
[dice]2036[/dice]
[dice]2037[/dice]
[dice]2038[/dice]

(the fuck is with my movie rolls?)

Last edited:
No, it's not that. They have no problem expanding the non-military. Just military educations and civilian tend to have a different tone so mixing the two is seen as problematic.

The Marshals says they need a new military academy. Which means they need a new military academy. The rest is up to you on your own time and isn't part of their job to comment on except when it might affect military matters.
Okay, can we afford both? A dedicated military academy and a university with a military college attached.

It's because the dumbass GM was missing the subtle bait. She's generally being besieged. And I need to look up some NPCs :p
If it helps, Kaede would prefer to marry a fellow Taurian. Foreign family entanglements could lead to problems. Although if she hits it off well with someone like one of the Humphries boys she might reconsider.

Good. Ian sends you a very well written personal response.

He calls you a friend.
He's easy to be friendly with.

They're stuffed in a heavy vault that's kept flooded with a pure nitrogen atmosphere
Several vaults with copies taken into account.

Speaking an Anton he does send you some letters, as does Janos, who would very much like to introduce you to his son...
Which one of Janos sons? He has startlingly many, particularly since not all the older ones are dead yet.

Ian offers to personally lead such a joint offensive. Seems that last little fuckup really put a knot in his knickers. Enough that he wants to take some time off from skinning snakes to blow up Mad Max's V8 Interceptor if you get my drift.
Hmm. Well, that sounds possible. Check that there'd be no political backlash, but if he were to, and I'm just sounding out advisors here, make a push on Yuris, Jacson and Zanzibar, that could make it that much harder for House Liao to project power in our direction both now if we move on Rollis and in the future. We might even be able to assist in operations on Corodiz although I'm inclined to be cautious there.
The sticking point might be Ian Davion technically issuing orders to Taurian units.

My apologies.

Sorry. Everyone else is kinda jumping on it like rabid wolverines on a sugar high so I made the mistake of assuming.
Fair point. I'm being a bit more cautious.

It's also judged to be almost impossible to find. Best bet would be let Katrina Steiner know and let her do the looking. Though even then it might take YEARS to find. Or days. Depends on how blindly lucky you are...
Yeah, shelve it for now.

With Phecda they'd need to send a covert servery team to get a solid fix on the location. On Odessa it's honestly an issue of proof. Their suggestion is have a dropship appear in system, then have it dump some covery satalites out the ass while on a routine cargo run for Odessa III and watch for movement.
Okay, that can also stay in reserve.

You send a team out then?
Yes.

It would be better to send two different teams. For help with your mission to not find it, be better to send a covert observation mission. For Dixie, they suggest the same with infiltration kit.
Okay. They're the experts, so two teams it is.

For now Dallas you need four things things, a loyal crew, a single dropship, some BIG cargo dropships, and enough time that they are able to really dig around in the (radioactive) dirt
All of that can be provided but not now, when we're looking at a major military campaign (by TDF standards).

Ok. They'll look into it.
A little research from here may be enough.

Okay. Just realize some units your roll doesn't matter based on the background
OOC:Understood, I wasn't entirely certain myself on some of them, due to the books, and sarna, not exactly giving me a year by year breakdown on their employment. Question though, is it still 3031 or is it 3032?
The 21st Centauri Lancers are happily in the employ of the Free World's League
Huh, well that sucks. Hope the Anduriens like getting lanced in the rear. I was hoping they want a chance to crack some Cappie heads, but oh well.
Bronson's Horde is available but their prices are high.
Just as long as they realize that they're attacking the Capellan Confederation, not the FedCom were the Eridani Light Horse are. As long as they can do that, then pay the men.
The Crater Cobras are still recovering from the FUBAR (and subsequent mauling) they suffered on Sarna and might be interested in a nice, safe, well paying Garrison op to lick their wounds... but they'll want a high discount on military equipment and you better not intend to actually attack anyone with them because they're in the market for a milk run.
Well, I'm not going to be having them attack anyone, but as for the high discount. That depends, I'll give it to them, but on the condition that once they're back up to full strength, they don't automatically hop back into the Inner Sphere. See, we've got a pirate problem,and having two more regiments around when we've finally got the time to take care of them would really help. If they're willing to stick around for that,(and of course they'll be offered a new combat contract, with full hazard pay) then they get their high discount on military equipment.
Cameron's Legion is currently enroute from their last contract and will be in the Concordant soon. You already got 'em.
Yay.
Fuchida's Fusiliers have just finished a contract with the Federated Suns and are looking for a new host. Right now it's down to you and the Free Worlds League
Tell the negotiators to offer them generous terms. A regular mech regiment is always useful.
Gabhardt's Carabineers are interested but are also on the lyran periphery... you willing to pay the transport costs?
For a Veteran Mech regiment with support? Hell yes I'm willing.
Greenburg's Godzillas are in a long term contract and frankly since they televise they're also a reality show, a garrison in the periphery is a no go. Ever.
Well, can't blame them for that.
Greg's Longstriders are working for the lyrans but if you make it worth their time they might not renew.
What exactly do they want? I'm willing to compromise as they're regiment strength, though as they are green, it won't be me bending over backwards. Though if it looks like they're going over to the Cappies, tell the negotiators to raise their offers.
Helmut's Hermits just extended thier contract with the Fedcom...
Good for Hanse and Melissa. Wasn't entirely sure if they had signed yet.
Hansen's Roughriders are currently on Suk II and are not looking for work.
Pity.
Harlock is pretty dismissive. You're not going to give him the action he desires.
*quirks eyebrow* A chance to fight against the Warrior houses of the Confederation, each of whom will be fighting to the death with everything they have to prevent the destruction of their home isn't the action the Warriors want? Fair enough.
Hsien's Hotheads current contract is coming to a close. You might want to contact them personally.
I will, and I try to sweeten the pot, by offering to pay off their debts to the Lyran's without them incurring any debt to me.
Hells' Black Aces will happily take up contact with the Concordant but their price is steep. And they want a full refit for their vengeance dropship which was neglected by the previous... occupants.
I'm not entirely certain of the time it would take, as I'm not entirely sure about what dropships we produce. But consider it done. Now do they mind serving as air support for other units?
Khrosakhov's Cossaks will join up under one condition: They get to shoot at Capallans. ^_^
Well bargained and done. Question though, do they still have two regiments at elite level?(OOC: they haven't split from Rubinsky's Light Horse yet, right?)
Kingston Caballeros are still licking thier wounds an might be interested in garrison duty but not attacking.
Alright, garrison it is. Have them marked down for a discount if they need help buying any new equipment.
The Legion of the Rising Sun was badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order but are ready for action. If you're willing to help supply them and help them rebuild they'll happily serve the Concordant loyally.
Alright, if they're willing to take the combat assignment, mark them down as first for renewal and rearmament. Throw in payment for the transport of them and their dependent to the Concordat.
Lone Star Regiment's already contracted.
Damn.
The Lone Wolves are already in the area. Seems that they are interested in seeing who will pay them more, you or Liao, and you seem to have deeper pockets...
Even if they aren't Wolfs, they're still Wolves, and I really don't want to face them, so time to show them how deep my pockets really are.
Markson's Marauders are currently in the concordant on pirate hunting duties
They are?o_O Well that's egg on my face.
Redfield's Renegades are currently in the employ of the Canopians are are happilly butchering the capallans. :)
Just as long as they're not working for the Capellans and butchering the Canopians.
Sathen's Snipers are on duty for the St Ives Compact.
Whelp they need it.
The Screaming Eagles are working for the FWL
Damn Free Worlds, and their democracy and their freedoms, and their governmental system that resembles our own. Oh wait, I take that back. Bless the Free Worlds League, the only Concord signer that isn't an outright asshat.
Cutthroats are still working for the combine, shockingly enough.
Huh, could have sworn they were under new management by now. Oh well, keep the offer open to them in case they change their mind.
St. Cyr Heavy Assault Group was one of the more high profile victims of the Death to Mercenaries order, and while many survived their cohesion as a unit was one of the casualties.

The 104th Striker Regiment was another unit badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order.
Well make an offer to the survivors of both groups that I'll pay for the transport of them, their remaining equipment, and their dependents to the Concordat, were i they like, they can rest, rearm, and rebuild themselves up. As for why? The Taurians know what it's like to drag yourself up to your feet after being knocked downed.

the Thumpers are working for Lyran private interests.
Hmm, oh well, thought they might like an actual state contract, even if it's a periphery one. Still that's alright.
the Valks are another unit badly hit by the Death to Mercenaries order and are still rebuilding, though they were not virtually exterminated as the other previously mentioned commands were.
Send them an offer for the garrison contract, and an offer to help subsidize their rebuild.

The 12th Vegan Rangers have just finished a contract with the Federated suns and are looking for somethign new, but you REALLY better offer them something sweet.
Offer them whatever will make them happy, as four elite regiments are more then worth it, then have the generals start coordinating with them for the Menke assault.
Wilson is pretty much willing to be your personal love bitch if it means saving his unit
Done. Offer them a nice garrison contract on the boarder, see if he'd be willing to have his mind picked by TMI for information on any known pirates he's worked with, extra pay for any solid information.

You start looking but need to find it first.
Yeah, to be expected.

They're not agreeing on the payment up front for something they don't know the details of. More info or they'll talk payment AFTERWARDS.
Of course, I wasn't asking for it, I was just asking for a general idea of what would be payed if her mother would want a possibly destroyed Star League factory, as I'm not entirely certain of it's state. Still, considering the distance, from the records we've recovered, it supposed to be based on Loxley in the Gray Mountains.

You're slowing pinpointing it.
Acceptable, but I hope they're careful.

Once the mercs are hired, transported over, refit and armed, along with the TDF. And the TMI has done what research and spywork it can to determine who is one what planet. We launch the campaign. Oh wait, almost forgot, try to get everyone we can outfitted with gas masks. Cause that bitch is crazy.

Okay, can we afford both? A dedicated military academy and a university with a military college attached.

You could probably afford to put both on every planet in the Concordant personally.

Drakensis. Your PC is at this point the wealthiest human being alive due to the fact that the Calderons have been around for well over 700 years, were one of the main driving forces behind the power and industry of the most wealthy industrially powerful of the periphery states, and now all of that is concentrated into one girl.

If it helps, Kaede would prefer to marry a fellow Taurian. Foreign family entanglements could lead to problems. Although if she hits it off well with someone like one of the Humphries boys she might reconsider.

Okay.

He's easy to be friendly with.

He's a very nice guy for a scum sucking davion that's for sure.

Several vaults with copies taken into account.

Of course.

Which one of Janos sons? He has startlingly many, particularly since not all the older ones are dead yet.

His heir.

Hmm. Well, that sounds possible. Check that there'd be no political backlash, but if he were to, and I'm just sounding out advisors here, make a push on Yuris, Jacson and Zanzibar, that could make it that much harder for House Liao to project power in our direction both now if we move on Rollis and in the future. We might even be able to assist in operations on Corodiz although I'm inclined to be cautious there.
The sticking point might be Ian Davion technically issuing orders to Taurian units.

Keep in mind you MIGHT be able to get away with it right now considering that the population is about as pro-davion as they've ever been since the "War of Terran Aggression"

And your marshals reiterate. House Liao will never be as vulnerable as they are Right Now.

Fair point. I'm being a bit more cautious.

Right.

Yeah, shelve it for now.

Done

Okay, that can also stay in reserve.

Okay.

Okay. They're the experts, so two teams it is.

Done.

All of that can be provided but not now, when we're looking at a major military campaign (by TDF standards).

You can afford one jump ship.

A little research from here may be enough.

Okay.

OOC:Understood, I wasn't entirely certain myself on some of them, due to the books, and sarna, not exactly giving me a year by year breakdown on their employment. Question though, is it still 3031 or is it 3032?

It's still 3031 Mid now.

Huh, well that sucks. Hope the Anduriens like getting lanced in the rear. I was hoping they want a chance to crack some Cappie heads, but oh well.

Alright.

Just as long as they realize that they're attacking the Capellan Confederation, not the FedCom were the Eridani Light Horse are. As long as they can do that, then pay the men.

Okay, hold on a fucking moment. I was thinking you'd have enough common sense not to fully explain who they'd be attacking. After all, the best part about Surprise Buttsecks is the surprise.

Well, I'm not going to be having them attack anyone, but as for the high discount. That depends, I'll give it to them, but on the condition that once they're back up to full strength, they don't automatically hop back into the Inner Sphere. See, we've got a pirate problem,and having two more regiments around when we've finally got the time to take care of them would really help. If they're willing to stick around for that,(and of course they'll be offered a new combat contract, with full hazard pay) then they get their high discount on military equipment.

Deal.

Yay.

Tell the negotiators to offer them generous terms. A regular mech regiment is always useful.

2d6 roll

For a Veteran Mech regiment with support? Hell yes I'm willing.

They'll be in the concordant in early 3032. And this is going to cost a HELL of a lot to move them.

What exactly do they want? I'm willing to compromise as they're regiment strength, though as they are green, it won't be me bending over backwards. Though if it looks like they're going over to the Cappies, tell the negotiators to raise their offers.

2d6

*quirks eyebrow* A chance to fight against the Warrior houses of the Confederation, each of whom will be fighting to the death with everything they have to prevent the destruction of their home isn't the action the Warriors want? Fair enough.

Again, I was assuming you had an IQ over room temperature. But if you want to have told everyone you intend to attack the Capallans then give me some time to swap things about...

I will, and I try to sweeten the pot, by offering to pay off their debts to the Lyran's without them incurring any debt to me.

DONE!

I'm not entirely certain of the time it would take, as I'm not entirely sure about what dropships we produce. But consider it done. Now do they mind serving as air support for other units?

You can do repairs you just can't build new ones.

And that's what they normally do. But they want an agreement that if the company does pull what the LAST large jackasses pulled on them... they want assurance and insurance that justice will be done.

Well bargained and done. Question though, do they still have two regiments at elite level?(OOC: they haven't split from Rubinsky's Light Horse yet, right?)

More they can't JOINED with them yet.

Alright, garrison it is. Have them marked down for a discount if they need help buying any new equipment.

Thanks.

Alright, if they're willing to take the combat assignment, mark them down as first for renewal and rearmament. Throw in payment for the transport of them and their dependent to the Concordat.

Define combat. Charge into the mouth of hell and fight elite enemy formations? No. Raids and generally smack around crap milita and second line units? Yeah, they could do some of that... well... they need to pop the cheeries of the noobs somehow.

Even if they aren't Wolfs, they're still Wolves, and I really don't want to face them, so time to show them how deep my pockets really are.

Several of the female mechwarriors after hearing what you're willing to pay pretty much offer their bodies to you. :p

They are?o_O Well that's egg on my face.

Assume that you already knew.

Just as long as they're not working for the Capellans and butchering the Canopians.

Okay

Damn Free Worlds, and their democracy and their freedoms, and their governmental system that resembles our own. Oh wait, I take that back. Bless the Free Worlds League, the only Concord signer that isn't an outright asshat.

Heh.

Huh, could have sworn they were under new management by now. Oh well, keep the offer open to them in case they change their mind.
Well make an offer to the survivors of both groups that I'll pay for the transport of them, their remaining equipment, and their dependents to the Concordat, were i they like, they can rest, rearm, and rebuild themselves up. As for why? The Taurians know what it's like to drag yourself up to your feet after being knocked downed.

According to the Wiki they fall off the map after the 4th war.

They've mostly scattered but if you put in a lot of time and effort you MIGHT be able to pull them back together and reform the unit.

Hmm, oh well, thought they might like an actual state contract, even if it's a periphery one. Still that's alright.

You mean hard combat over being paid top dollar to conduct minor industrial raids, factory defense, and generally blowing hundreds of thousands of Cbills on Hookers and Blow?

Send them an offer for the garrison contract, and an offer to help subsidize their rebuild.

2d6

Offer them whatever will make them happy, as four elite regiments are more then worth it, then have the generals start coordinating with them for the Menke assault.

They're a bit shocked at the pure audacity of what you're planning... and would like maybe a bit more support if they're going to be attacking the MAC. They're elite but they're not fanatical.

Done. Offer them a nice garrison contract on the boarder, see if he'd be willing to have his mind picked by TMI for information on any known pirates he's worked with, extra pay for any solid information.

He's very much hoping "Done" doesn't involve... well...

Yeah, to be expected.

Speaking of looking. Another roll for next time skip.

Of course, I wasn't asking for it, I was just asking for a general idea of what would be payed if her mother would want a possibly destroyed Star League factory, as I'm not entirely certain of it's state. Still, considering the distance, from the records we've recovered, it supposed to be based on Loxley in the Gray Mountains.

another 2d6 please.

Acceptable, but I hope they're careful.

2d6?

Once the mercs are hired, transported over, refit and armed, along with the TDF. And the TMI has done what research and spywork it can to determine who is one what planet. We launch the campaign. Oh wait, almost forgot, try to get everyone we can outfitted with gas masks. Cause that bitch is crazy.

I also assume you're taking their advice and NOT making it sound like you're about to attack?

roll 2d6

It's still 3031 Mid now.
OOC: Noted.

Alright.

Okay, hold on a fucking moment. I was thinking you'd have enough common sense not to fully explain who they'd be attacking. After all, the best part about Surprise Buttsecks is the surprise.
No, no, no. I meant when the attack starts and they get their marching orders. I was under the impression that the ELH were still garrisoning the Sarna March, and didn't want the Bronson's Horde charging after them in the middle of the war. Course now that I look, it seems like the ELH are in the Lyran half acting as OPFERs. So that point is moot.

Good. Need the garrison force, considering the amount of TDF I'm stripping from the borders.

[dice]2045[/dice]

They'll be in the concordant in early 3032. And this is going to cost a HELL of a lot to move them.
Ugh, still a veteran regiment as a reserve is worth it. My accountants on the other hand may not be so forgiving.

[dice]2046[/dice]

Again, I was assuming you had an IQ over room temperature. But if you want to have told everyone you intend to attack the Capallans then give me some time to swap things about...
That was more of an sarcastic comment, not meant to mean anything, then an actual statement I would have made in front of them, seeing as how I'm sending out negotiators to do the whole negotiating thing.
Good.

You can do repairs you just can't build new ones.

And that's what they normally do. But they want an agreement that if the company does pull what the LAST large jackasses pulled on them... they want assurance and insurance that justice will be done.
Note to self, see about talking to the OWA about acquiring some of their Quatre Belle yards to develop in house dropship production.

Of course, having been screwed over by the Star League, we're not in the business of fucking over others.

More they can't JOINED with them yet.
Hmm, alright.

They're welcome, we need those planets defended after all.

Define combat. Charge into the mouth of hell and fight elite enemy formations? No. Raids and generally smack around crap milita and second line units? Yeah, they could do some of that... well... they need to pop the cheeries of the noobs somehow.
I wouldn't expect anyone to do the former, at least without backup(or they're the Wolf's Dragoons, but they're crazy). More operating as second line troops and possibly assisting in smacking militia, not entirely sure about them being crap though.

Several of the female mechwarriors after hearing what you're willing to pay pretty much offer their bodies to you. :p
I'm flattered, but probably not the best of ideas. Though I really should see about arranging my successor just in case.

Assume that you already knew.
Better then not knowing.

According to the Wiki they fall off the map after the 4th war.

They've mostly scattered but if you put in a lot of time and effort you MIGHT be able to pull them back together and reform the unit.
Hmm, consider it a personal project then, I like the irony of saving and repurposing former SLDF units to serve and protect the Concordat. Just seems like karma. So I'll devote my own time and effort.

You mean hard combat over being paid top dollar to conduct minor industrial raids, factory defense, and generally blowing hundreds of thousands of Cbills on Hookers and Blow?
Fair enough.

[dice]2047[/dice]

They're a bit shocked at the pure audacity of what you're planning... and would like maybe a bit more support if they're going to be attacking the MAC. They're elite but they're not fanatical.
Oh no, if they're going to be sent into that meat grinder, it's going to be done with lots of TDF support, this is just all hypothetical right now.

He's very much hoping "Done" doesn't involve... well...

Hmm, yeah no. Just no. That's not going to happen, ever.

Speaking of looking. Another roll for next time skip.
[dice]2048[/dice]
[dice]2049[/dice]

[dice]2050[/dice]

I also assume you're taking their advice and NOT making it sound like you're about to attack?

roll 2d6
Yes, yes I am.
[dice]2051[/dice]

Last edited:
You could probably afford to put both on every planet in the Concordant personally.

Drakensis. Your PC is at this point the wealthiest human being alive due to the fact that the Calderons have been around for well over 700 years, were one of the main driving forces behind the power and industry of the most wealthy industrially powerful of the periphery states, and now all of that is concentrated into one girl.
All Kaede's instincts are still those of someone who scrimped her way through college and then lived off a teacher's small starting salary.

He's a very nice guy for a scum sucking davion that's for sure.
I don't know if Max Liao or Takashi Kurita would agree but from Taurian standards, yes.

He's designated an heir? I'm sure his children - and his brother - will be fascinated.

And while I'd have nothing against meeting Janos Marik's heir, marrying them would be... problematic.

Keep in mind you MIGHT be able to get away with it right now considering that the population is about as pro-davion as they've ever been since the "War of Terran Aggression"

And your marshals reiterate. House Liao will never be as vulnerable as they are Right Now.
Well if we can do that. Then let's see if we can do it right. Can we support three 'Mech regiments in the field (I'm thinking I Corps, with the Taurian Velites and Concordat Commandos moved to provide coverage for the industrial worlds generally covered by I Corps) plus supporting elements.

You can afford one jump ship.
...I suppose at least it'll be covered up in the shuffle of preparing for the coming operations. Okay. Send them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back