• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Sapient Megadungeon is You (Generic D&Dish fantasy)

Deathwings said:
Oh come on. Are you guys getting soft NOW ?

eh, this is the one that didn't seem to care about the gold.

his brother would have been a better match for "guy who runs away and tells everyone about the cave"

then again, Vic might have been smart enough to keep it to himself. this guy looks dumb enough to tell everyone.

it's out Début!

[X] Let him go now.... Something about this scene is just too bothersome to continue. More will come, yes, you can eat more later.

[X] Let him go now.... Something about this scene is just too bothersome to continue. More will come, yes, you can eat more later.

[X] Encourage him to go deeper in, there's treasure inside that will be a good lure for other adventurers, no more traps, and the boulder only has a 25% chance of activating. He'll do far better for spreading spreading the word if he actually has all that shiny yellow metal to spread around.

We already killed the guy that would actually lure people back. This brother isn't ambitious enough for that task.

Silversun17 said:
we want someone to lure in more meat.

Then pick this instead :

[ ] Let him go now. No sense having him risk when he'd be more valuable spreading the word and he did get the silver in the first room.

[X] Let him go now. No sense having him risk when he'd be more valuable spreading the word and he did get the silver in the first room.

[X] Let him go now. No sense having him risk when he'd be more valuable spreading the word and he did get the silver in the first room.

[X] "Would You Like To Make a Contract? - I can offer you gold. The magician that created me did so for ritual arcane to fuel his dread magicks. The gold in my depths exists to lure in those to feed the ritual blood and keep the unsuspecting within. But you. You survived. I like you. So a compact I offer. Bring those to me, the greedy, the ones you dislike as a sacrifice to my Master where they will die in my depths and all the gold your heart desires is yours."
-[X] If he agrees allow him to proceed where the pointless shiny metal is to take some and then let him leave. If not kill him.

Going to call votes here so the count stops changing while I write.

Here's the vote count:
tally said:
[3] Let him go now. No sense having him risk when he'd be more valuable spreading the word and he did get the silver in the first room.

[8] Let him go now.... Something about this scene is just too bothersome to continue. More will come, yes, you can eat more later.
-[2] Wil, correct? You weren't strong enough to protect your brother, which is why he died. Leave with your brother's corpse. Become stronger. Perhaps, one day when you are strong enough, you may be able to claim my Master's accursed fortune.

[1] Wil's soul has to be better food than his laughably incompetent brother. Encourage him to go deeper in, the traps you left in the third room have to be able to take care of him. (The trapped treasure chest launches poisoned needles at him in addition to arming the boulder trap in the second room. Also, there are 8 wolves, and it's even darker than usual.)

[7] Encourage him to go deeper in, there's treasure inside that will be a good lure for other adventurers, no more traps, and the boulder only has a 25% chance of activating. He'll do far better for spreading spreading the word if he actually has all that shiny yellow metal to spread around.

[1] "Would You Like To Make a Contract? - I can offer you gold. The magician that created me did so for ritual arcane to fuel his dread magicks. The gold in my depths exists to lure in those to feed the ritual blood and keep the unsuspecting within. But you. You survived. I like you. So a compact I offer. Bring those to me, the greedy, the ones you dislike as a sacrifice to my Master where they will die in my depths and all the gold your heart desires is yours."
-[1] If he agrees allow him to proceed where the pointless shiny metal is to take some and then let him leave. If not kill him.
The number in the boxes represents how many people voted for that option or sub-option.

If your counting votes with sub-options separately from votes just for the plain option, "Encourage him to go deeper in" won. Otherwise, "too bothersome to continue" won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BFldyq. (Odd the irc bot gave me different numbers, though the winning vote was the same.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You elect to say nothing. It's not that you don't want to spread Wil's delicious blood all over your floors; it's just that, yes, he'd be more useful spreading the word and attracting more adventurers later. His sweet delicious blood probably tastes awful anyway!

This way, he'll tell people what he encountered and mention exactly what traps he faced. The next adventurers will be far more incompetent and oafish and petty. Torturing them to death won't make you feel bad at all, not that torturing Wil to death could possibly make you feel bad. Just, this way people will start to ask questions which lead them back to you. Right! It's absolutely inconceivable that some part of you feels pity for the last human inside you, brought to the point of despair. You eat despair! Despair is the best flavor, so there's absolutely no chance whatsoever you feel the slightest hint of pity for such a foolish adventurer.

You gave them a chance, and his brother wouldn't have died at all if it wasn't for his own haste. You weren't even trying to kill him. That's right, the incompetent deserve death, you were generous with hints, more than fair. You won, and these are your spoils.

So you let Wil rage and cry and promise vengeance against you--now that's just uncalled for. You gave fair warning about all the death traps you made and the wild animals inside you! It's not your fault they killed Vic. Still, you manage to resist the urge to crush Wil where he stands when he starts attacking your walls with his hatchet. It doesn't actually hurt you. Still, the nerve of some meat.

It's almost too much when he picks up his brother's corpse and starts carrying it out with him. Really, is that what mercy gets you? Let one live, for purely pragmatic reasons, and he has to take away all the other dead ones too? You were going to eat that! You don't seem to gain anything extra for crushing up the corpse after you've killed successfully, but they just taste so wonderful. And what use does he have for it anyway? You're pretty sure that he isn't actually capable of eating many parts of that. And you couldn't even imagine what else a corpse might be good for.

Wil is an adventurer, no matter how awful at it, and manages to fumble around in the dark to take as much of the shiny whitish coins--so they do like that kind after all--as he can carry without dropping the corpse. You really need to ask someone what they actually use thos for sometime. Regardless, they are quite shiny, so someone is bound to notice that he has them eventually. And that will lead more food to you.

++++Wil the Bandit has escaped++++
++++Wil the Bandit spreads the story in a bar once drunk. Wil the Bandit spends silver around town++++
++++Dungeon Danger Reputation Decreased by 1++++
++++Dungeon Treasure Reputation Increased by 2++++
++++Telling Lies of a Long Dead Mage and a bound spirit has unlocked a new reputation: Mystery was unlocked.++++
++++Dungeon Mystery Reputation Increased by 1++++

Reputation Mystery: There are mysterious things going on around you. This reputation serves to attract those with an interest in arcane knowledge and magical artifacts. At high levels, this reputation will deter adventurers without magical knowledge.

1. You have 1 life remaining. Would you like to spend it?
[ ] Increase a base stat
-[ ] Raise Monsters to 1 (cost: 1 life)
-[ ] Raise Magic to 1 (cost: 1 life)
-[ ] Raise Layout to 2 (cost: 4 lives)
-[ ] Raise Treasure to 3 (cost: 9 lives)
-[ ] Raise Traps to 4 (cost 16 lives)

[ ] Improve a specific ability
- [ ] Improve a trap
--[ ] Improve tripwires to "ordinary" (cost 1 life)
--[ ] Obtain Pressure Plate subtype "Specific Weight" (cost 1 life)
Insufficient Souls for other improvements
- [ ] Improve a treasure -No treasures currently possessed may be improved
FURTHER OPTIONS NOT YET UNLOCKED
[ ] Save your life

Specific Weight Pressure Plates will trigger if the weight on the pressure plate exceeds or falls below a specific set amount. You can trigger them to activate only once an adventurer has taken enough gold to encumber movement, or only when two or three adventurers have entered the trap's area together. Such specific traps leave more room for failure if the conditions aren't met or clever adventurers attempt to fool it.

Next Round:
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d5 : 5, total 5

[X]Raise Monsters to 1.

We need blood blood and thunder.

Let's get tricksy with this. Double layer them traps.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X]Raise Magic to 1

We've got a Mystery rating now, so we'll need to be at least a bit magical to make that wizard story seem plausible to the magic geeks it's going to attract.

Actually, we could go with a different lie for every party that shows up, just to mess with people.

...nah, they'd probably figure out that we're evil if we did that.

Winged One said:
Actually, we could go with a different lie for every party that shows up, just to mess with people.

...nah, they'd probably figure out that we're evil if we did that.

We could act like there are multiple different Spirits bound inside of us. There is the nice earth Spirit, the passionate and deadly Fire Spirit, the cold and lonely, but also sometimes cruel Shadow Spirit etc...

[X] Raise Magic to 1

[X]Raise Magic to 1

Honestly curious as to what this nets us.

And besides, if we're lucky, the Next adventurers will get us enough Blood to upgrade more things!

Or hell, Magic might just unlock non lethal ways of earning life energy. Maybe actually make that pit of tentacle rape demons, and use them to turn Adventurers into both power sources and willing advertisers of our existence.

[X]Raise Magic to 1

Sweet, we finally can start using cantrips~! Well if Magic wins which it looks like is going to happen. So lets see what we can do and is useful:
1.Arcane Mark to have an actual wizard mark we can leave around and on things. I think we should go with the infinity symbol.
2. Prestidigitation: for many things, like say cleaning? Odd odors?
3. Mending: Having a spot where arms and armor automatically start fixing themselves would draw in dumb brutes for free weapon and armor fixing.
4. Mage Hand: Moving stuff around slightly. Do I even need to explain how it could be useful? Floating coins?
5. Light, Flare, etc. We are a dark place, people will be attracted to the light we give off and could lead them to pit traps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back