• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A True Lady's Quest

How the hell am I supposed to write in kanji when I learn all my Japanese by ear? XD That'd take forever. I don't even have that software that lets you type in kana and then select which kanji you intended.

It's microsoft IME and as far as I was aware it was standard on most computers. Just activate it in the language bar. Really easy to use too.

I'll admit I didn't know what anmari was at first though, thought it was a confused あまり.

Pretty good for learning by ear though.

Edit. Forgot to vote

[X] Let Dio do all the talking. This is his turf, he knows what goes on here.

I have great faith in my ears. They carried my ass through a decade of French Immersion.

To be fair, I do own a dictionary of standard kanji from the fifties. It's just easier for me to remember what means what when it's part of a karaoke line in an opening sequence. ^_^;

Don't underestimate anime. They've probably taught me half of my vocab. Grammar and kanji are they only things I've really had to learn.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

[X] Every Rose Has Its Thorn

You stand there, glaring at the degenerate before you as he grins, and all of a sudden you realize something.

No one is coming.

The police don't go to Ogre St.

Mickey, if he's smart, is sitting atop his perch on Prorsum Bridge with his pistol cocked and at the ready. He isn't going anywhere unless it's home.

Those denizens of this nightmare labyrinth who didn't run inside the moment a head parted ways with its shoulders have one of two expressions on their faces; the same broken boredom as before, or eagerness.

No one is coming.

You can feel Sebastian's blood soaking into your clothes.

Father is not coming.

You want desperately to vomit.

Dr Vaughan cannot do anything; if he could save you, he would have saved Sarah.

You are enraged.

Ladies do not ball their hands into fists, so it would be perhaps more appropriate to say your fingers decide to embrace your thumb. With a viciousness you hadn't known you possessed, you swing hard at the man's torso, expecting to be intercepted, but not caring. You have to try. You will not go down without a fight.

As your fist passes under your gaze, even in your anger you are shocked.

The hesitation derived from that shock most likely saves your assailant's life.

An array of inch-long blue thorns rams into his abdomen at less than top speed, drawing a lot of blood but not rupturing any organs.

He goes down, shrieking and wailing, and you have your chance.

You turn to grab Dio, just in time to hear the man who was talking with him say "Mary Mother of-" and see Dio open his throat with a knife. The third gang member raises his cavalry sword - he's the one who killed Sebastian comprises the entirety of your thought process before Dio swings behind him and stabs him between the ribs.

"You," the blond boy says disdainfully to the man whose belly you slashed up, pulling his knife back out of the sword-wielder. "Inform Mr Bianchi that as I have done him the favour of removing two incompetents from his ranks, I shall consider whatever 'debt' you have conjured from the aether to be repaid in full."

Wide-eyed, the man nods frantically, before struggling to his feet and limping off.

Dio watches him go, before looking to you, his expression softening for the first time in hours. "Are you hurt?" he asks.

You shake your head. "I'll go get Mickey," you say, eyes slightly unfocused. "We can't just leave Sebastian here."

"Jojo," Dio says, "Sebastian is dead. So might we be if we linger too long."

"You aren't the one who has to look Belle in the eye and tell her her brother is lying headless in a canal of piss," you reply quietly. You walk over to the place where his head is lying, and pick it up by the hair.

It's so small. A head without a neck is small. Part of you seems to find this fascinating.

Pulling out your handkerchief, you wipe the face clean, and wrap the head in the outermost layer of your skirts, as Judith did the head of Holofernes in the painting on your bedroom wall at home.

Mickey, much to your surprise, doesn't upbraid you for what happened. He merely asks that you wait in the carriage with locked doors while he and Dio take care of the rest.

There's a horrible thump when Sebastian's body is loaded onto the back of the carriage

You've had time to come out of shock now. Which trauma do you want to focus on first? (All of these are collaborative write-ins, to a greater or lesser extent; you pick the option you like, then say how you personally think Jojo would or should feel. Then, when one option wins, I'll pool everyone's thoughts into a cohesive whole.)

[X] A man you have known your entire life is dead. He fell on you as he died. You carried his severed head in your arms. How's that goin' for you?

[X] You are apparently possessed by some sort of rose-ghost that makes you capable of ripping holes in people, which may or may not bring such misfortune upon you and your family that any of the benefits that may be associated with it might not be worth it. How do you feel about that?

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts?

[X] A man you have known your entire life is dead. He fell on you as he died. You carried his severed head in your arms. How's that goin' for you?
You failed him so dreadfully. As one of the upper class, Sebastian's duty was to you... but you also have a duty to your servants. To not ill use them. To not allow them to be ill used by others. Sebastian followed your lead against his own better judgment, and paid for it. This will not be borne. Those which serve the family are of the family, and therefore ours.
It would be a man's job to avenge them. It is a woman's job to shepherd them. None of ours will suffer this fate again. By whatever means necessary.

Guys. This isn't a vote. We need a Reaction to each of those things. Seriously, a man you've known your whole life just died in front of you. He was a loyal retainer, and we carried his head in our skirt.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. THIS IS A BAD THING.

We either breakdown now, or to the cold as ice route and shut off our emotions. No middle ground, people.

{x]Breakdown together with some flashbacks to our shared past.
All onboard the Trauma train! After all in a way we killed him by coming here !

[X] You are apparently possessed by some sort of rose-ghost that makes you capable of ripping holes in people, which may or may not bring such misfortune upon you and your family that any of the benefits that may be associated with it might not be worth it. How do you feel about that?

I have supernatural powers. This is awesome! Have to find out what I can do.

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts?

Dio is not a man to be treated lightly. He also suggested leaving Sebastian to go unburied. You don't think you trust Dio as much after this.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Honestly I'm in shock. The puppies were bad enough, not to mention the mother. Jesus fucking Christ. WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING? This... nononoonnoononnono. I didn't want this to happen, I want this to be a dream. A bad dream."

[X] You are apparently possessed by some sort of rose-ghost that makes you capable of ripping holes in people, which may or may not bring such misfortune upon you and your family that any of the benefits that may be associated with it might not be worth it. How do you feel about that? "Do I even have a fucking choice at this point? Oh god I my have just killed someone... But they killed Sebastian! They were going to do God knows what!

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts? "That's... He... They already went and, would have... I don't know I just really don't know okay!? I have a dead man's head in my skirt, who I've known since childhood, and I have a rose-ghost inside of me! .... Ghost... That doesn't like me being hurt? .... Mother?"

Lilithium said:
"Honestly I'm in shock. The puppies were bad enough, not to mention the mother. Jesus fucking Christ. WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING?

Tradition. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is not Jojo's Bizarre Adventure without strange or horrible things happening to dogs. Araki-sensei is kind of messed up.

Lilithium said:
.... Ghost... That doesn't like me being hurt? .... Mother?"

You know you wanna see Joanna fight the Mass Production Evas. 8)

FurikoMaru said:
Tradition. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is not Jojo's Bizarre Adventure without strange or horrible things happening to dogs. Araki-sensei is kind of messed up.

You know you wanna see Joanna fight the Mass Production Evas. 8)
SSSOOOO

If we go back and take in the puppies they'll die horribly?

Ever since I read rose thorns, I wanted Jojo to become Princess Mononoke. But with huge dogs rather then Wolves.

Well, if we're supposed to do multiple reactions, I guess I'll throw in,

It is... a little bit scary. But would you not both have died? Dio has his faults, but he is a dependable sort of man in many ways. it is a woman's prerogative to weep, while a man must be strong, yes?

You can go for multiple reactions if you like. I won't give all of them a full write-up, of course, but I will take them into account when devising Joanna's thought processes.

Lilithium said:
SSSOOOO

If we go back and take in the puppies they'll die horribly?

Dio hates dogs. The whole 'unconditional love' thing just repulses him.

FurikoMaru said:
You can go for multiple reactions if you like. I won't give all of them a full write-up, of course, but I will take them into account when devising Joanna's thought processes.

Dio hates dogs. The whole 'unconditional love' thing just repulses him.
What about cats?

Or turtles, or birds? Or....

COCONUT CRABS?!

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts?It is... a little bit scary. But would you not both have died? Dio has his faults, but he is a dependable sort of man in many ways. it is a woman's prerogative to weep, while a man must be strong, yes?

XD Oh god, why can't I draw? Grumpy Dio in the menagerie needs to be committed to paper and scanned to share with everyone.

Well, he's still thirteen. You could just draw 'im like ko-Gil with shaggier hair.

here have my failure

e6ZKgSq.png

I love it! She looks so eerie-cute and he just shrugs it off like it's nothin'. XD

-_-; Depending on the route, he might consider her a pet. That's the best most women can expect from canon Dio Brando; he saves his PASSION~ for the Joestar men.

FurikoMaru said:
-_-; Depending on the route, he might consider her a pet. That's the best most women can expect from canon Dio Brando; he saves his PASSION~ for the Joestar men.

oh

OOOOOOOOOHHHH~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE MEN YOU SAY

WELL THEN

=D

also, but the yandere omake? How do get Yandere!Dio for us? Do want Yandere...

If I told you, what would be the point of the game? XD

I am not sure what I should vote.

nniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back