• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Yeah, to be perfectly honest Wings are a waste of time when all you need is DxD magic for flight and you have all the bonuses and none of the draw backs, and if you don't want to invest a few dots in Lore or Occult give the girl an Artifact, we are a Twilight for crying out loud

as a side note anything that makes our ladies unable to, you know actually function in normal society is pants on head silly which is what giving them massive mutations would do.

honestly I figure the easiest way to sort this out is Alexander to have a look at the options that have been raised, design some sets around those and let us vote on those in a separate vote, because otherwise all we are going to do is scream and throw shit at each other like the howler monkeys we are, as shown by every other time this has come up

honestly I figure the easiest way to sort this out is Alexander to have a look at the options that have been raised, design some sets around those and let us vote on those in a separate vote, because otherwise all we are going to do is scream and throw shit at each other like the howler monkeys we are, as shown by every other time this has come up
Fully in agreement.

Ok, here's my opinion on granted abilities.
These things will likely be used on people who are already Half-Castes from Gift of Radiant Destiny. Therefore, they should improve on Half-Caste-ness while adding some abilities of their own.
Does anyone have the exact info on what this quest uses for Half-Caste status, stats etc.? Basically, what does a being gain from getting the Gift of Radiant Destiny? These should improve on that within reason - if our Half-Castes can't spend their own motes on Charms, these should let them do so, as an example.
Alexander has said that they will, by default, raise the Essence cap for those empowered by them to 5 and add Celestial Martial Arts. This sounds good to me, since there are some pretty awesome CMA out there.
They definitely need Solar aging, because Issei wouldn't want to see his friends and closest associates die off.
Probably some basic ability improvements would work well as well. Really, others can work this out.

Now, with that over, here's my suggestion for the physical form of the pieces.
The Evil Pieces carry a connotation of servitude, with their chess motifs. Issei empowers friends, not servants. The physical form of a 'Solar Piece' is initially a simple circular base carved of what seems to be onyx, with an indistinct humanoid figure on top, but upon attuning to a wielder it changes. The figure on the base transforms to a perfect likeness of the attuned person, and the underside of the base gains a golden marking corresponding to the person's status - the Night caste symbol for those who are not Half-Castes yet, and the Eclipse caste symbol for those who are Half-Castes. (The caste marks seemed appropriate.)
(Inspiration taken from the miniatures of games like D&D, since they're more personal than the fundamentally impersonal chess.)

Yeah, to be perfectly honest Wings are a waste of time when all you need is DxD magic for flight and you have all the bonuses and none of the draw backs, and if you don't want to invest a few dots in Lore or Occult give the girl an Artifact, we are a Twilight for crying out loud

as a side note anything that makes our ladies unable to, you know actually function in normal society is pants on head silly which is what giving them massive mutations would do.

I think you are not understanding what I am proposing. You do realize that the wings in Highschool DXD are not at all inconvenient, right? Hell, in canon, Issei didn't even realize he had them at first. According to Alex, all we need to do is to study a live specimen, something we can attain by getting Mettilt or Rias topless. At the very worst, it would be redundant, but it would not be an inconvenience.

I think you are not understanding what I am proposing. You do realize that the wings in Highschool DXD are not at all inconvenient, right? Hell, in canon, Issei didn't even realize he had them at first. According to Alex, all we need to do is to study a live specimen, something we can attain by getting Mettilt or Rias topless. At the very worst, it would be redundant, but it would not be an inconvenience.
just because Devils and Fallen can do that trick doesn't mean anyone else can, because guess what ISSEI doesn't do that with his Dragon Wings, it's why he ended up shirtless

Wings are a bad investment, particularly when you can get the same thing with magic or an artefact

and the simple fact is the effort we put into giving everyone wings we could instead be using to make them harder to kill, me, I'd far rather give them something we CAN'T reproduce at least two different ways

not to mention I'd giving everyone one wings is the most tired and boring cliche out there, oh they have wings now, they so special /eyeroll fuck that noise... hell we have Bright Shattered Ice in our head she of the fuck you auto parry cloak that also acts as a set of wings when she wants... somehow I don't think we are going to have trouble sorting flight for our followers to the point we need to waste part of our empowerment setup on that alone

Ok, here's my opinion on granted abilities.
These things will likely be used on people who are already Half-Castes from Gift of Radiant Destiny. Therefore, they should improve on Half-Caste-ness while adding some abilities of their own.
Does anyone have the exact info on what this quest uses for Half-Caste status, stats etc.? Basically, what does a being gain from getting the Gift of Radiant Destiny? These should improve on that within reason - if our Half-Castes can't spend their own motes on Charms, these should let them do so, as an example.
Alexander has said that they will, by default, raise the Essence cap for those empowered by them to 5 and add Celestial Martial Arts. This sounds good to me, since there are some pretty awesome CMA out there.
They definitely need Solar aging, because Issei wouldn't want to see his friends and closest associates die off.
Probably some basic ability improvements would work well as well. Really, others can work this out.

Now, with that over, here's my suggestion for the physical form of the pieces.
The Evil Pieces carry a connotation of servitude, with their chess motifs. Issei empowers friends, not servants. The physical form of a 'Solar Piece' is initially a simple circular base carved of what seems to be onyx, with an indistinct humanoid figure on top, but upon attuning to a wielder it changes. The figure on the base transforms to a perfect likeness of the attuned person, and the underside of the base gains a golden marking corresponding to the person's status - the Night caste symbol for those who are not Half-Castes yet, and the Eclipse caste symbol for those who are Half-Castes. (The caste marks seemed appropriate.)
(Inspiration taken from the miniatures of games like D&D, since they're more personal than the fundamentally impersonal chess.)
There is NO way Bright will roll with that

and I think its stupid and we are NEVER going to be able to hand out baby exaltations

I don't even no where to starts on how bad this is, it doesn't help that I can hardly read everything with it wallotext as it is

but what I can make out makes me want to smash me head against the wall, seriously we already have them as subordinates, in our Youkai Yakuza family so why the fuck wouldn't we do so otherwise, not to mention the conertations of Harems and all...

just because Devils and Fallen can do that trick doesn't mean anyone else can, because guess what ISSEI doesn't do that with his Dragon Wings, it's why he ended up shirtless

Wings are a bad investment, particularly when you can get the same thing with magic or an artefact

and the simple fact is the effort we put into giving everyone wings we could instead be using to make them harder to kill, me, I'd far rather give them something we CAN'T reproduce at least two different ways

not to mention I'd giving everyone one wings is the most tired and boring cliche out there, oh they have wings now, they so special /eyeroll fuck that noise... hell we have Bright Shattered Ice in our head she of the fuck you auto parry cloak that also acts as a set of wings when she wants... somehow I don't think we are going to have trouble sorting flight for our followers to the point we need to waste part of our empowerment setup on that alone

What you do not seem to be getting is that wings would be little to no investment on our part, so our group could focus on learning other things besides flight. Because flying would be a serious investment otherwise.

Because flying would be a serious investment otherwise.
Yeah, I mean it's not like we know someone who spent several thousand years perfecting man sized artifact wings who could teach us the basics of how to build them just by concentrating for a couple of seconds. Oh wait, I'm describing Bright aren't I?

Besides, we have no idea how the intangible devil wings work.

Not to help the other side but, Azazel might.
I'm sure he does. What he doesn't know is how to set up that effect with Creation type magic.

Also: Bright will get incredibly pissy if we go to anyone else on the subject of magic wings. They're her thing and she's a very territorial person.

Yeah, I mean it's not like we know someone who spent several thousand years perfecting man sized artifact wings who could teach us the basics of how to build them just by concentrating for a couple of seconds. Oh wait, I'm describing Bright aren't I?

Besides, we have no idea how the intangible devil wings work.

What the hell is an artifact wing? And how are they better than DXD wings? It sounds like you are getting whiny over nothing.

I talked to Alexander on the subject, and he said all we would need to do to give people DXD wings is to "study a live specimen". In other words, all we need to do is ask Mettilt for some help for studying how the wings work. Then viola, no need for "artifact wings" bull and no need for learning DXD flight spell (unless they want to; multiple ways of flying is never bad).

Also: Bright will get incredibly pissy if we go to anyone else on the subject of magic wings. They're her thing and she's a very territorial person.

More like you will get incredibly pissy if we don't do whatever you want to do.

I have compiled a list of traits our pieces need to give and traits I want them to give.
* Access to more Solar Charms: Solar Charms are the bread and butter of any good Solar Exalt. This is definitely on of the biggest and most versatile boons we can give our followers.

* Better Survivability: We DO NOT want anyone to die on our watch. Traits that give better defenses and better healing are oh-so-important. I think this is covered in Superior Healing, Superior Tolerance, Superior Soak, and Inexhaustible.

* Extended Youth/Longer Lifespan: Don't want to worry about sagging breasts. Plus, who doesn't want to be young forever?

* Increased Growth Capacity: This is Self-Explanatory. Giving them the ability to Purchase Epic/Mega Attributes is also cool.

* DXD Wings: All of you (especially you Stroth) have given me a hard time on this. I said it once, and I will say it again: they require minimal investment, give free flight, don't destroy clothing or use up magic, can be hidden at a moment's notice, are never an inconvenience, and are really, really cool. We can argue about the exact wing design, but you cannot argue giving our followers the ability to grow wings without destroying clothing or carrying around clunky artifacts is us a definite plus.

* Enhanced Senses: This would be useful.

* Expanded Diet (2pt version): Fun fluff, but it would be funny.

* Quick Learner: I didn't think this was important at first, but then I thought "when would this not be useful?"

* Hyper Awareness: Sneak attacks are a bitch. Stop them in advance with this little trait.

Give me you comments on it. Tell me if I am missing anything, or if you have a different opinion on what is necessary or optional.

Last edited:
No. I stated what I was really saying. You stated... something. Not sure what.

I read between the lines and saw that the only reason you do not agree with me is because you are oh so enamored with whatever the hell artifact wings are.

Since I am going to be the fair one, I will make a compromise: if we come up with a Solar Piece blueprint that fulfills all the requirements on my "Things Solar Pieces NEED" list, then I will support it wholeheartedly, no questions asked. And we can build those precious artifact wings all day long. Sound fair?

Then we don't have any problem then.

So then, do you have any thoughts about my list?
Don't half-castes already have an extended lifespan? I can't see us giving someone one of these without making them half-caste as well. Other than that... Honestly, "give access to solar charms" makes the rest of it rather redundant.

No it wouldn't, that's likely going to require a Genesis or difficult Occult roll to add. Unless we change them to BE part Dragon, which would be hard as Solar corrects mutation like that.
We could ask Alexander how difficult it would be to add those things.

I don't mind out thing giving our girls and some guys a general tune up, but calm down on trying to make them super humans. Issei doesn't have some of these things yet.
Those are just some possibilities I was throwing out.
Also, probably easier (and cheaper) to grant them now, this way, than try to grant them later.

Plus, there's options for learning how to fly in Magic or Sorcery.
Yeah, but would probably draw energy from whatever pool of energy needed, while winged flight would be an inherit ability and might not draw on said pool.

Then we don't have any problem then.

So then, do you have any thoughts about my list?
number one on your list is NEVER happening, they got turned into home-brew Half-Castes rather then Baseline ones for a reason after all an Alexander isn't going to give anyone other then Issei access to Solar charms, and for good reason

Number two on your need list can ge granted by Epic Stamina, something all Pieces are granted and I don't see why no matter what our enhancements do we wouldn't do the same, on a side note just giving people the ability to buy Epic Attributes is likely never going to happen far more likely is them gaining the ability to spend massive amounts of XP and Time to gain specific Epic Attributes depending on themselves or on whatever the specific Enhancement they get from there Piece is

Number Three something already get at baseline, and something we can give them without wasting time and effort on this, they are not Exalts so they don't have the same protections built into them, far better for this would be tying our lifespans together, becaus as a Dragon Issei has a lifespan of YES, so rather then having him snap in 5 thousand years trying to raise the dead because everyone he gave a shit about suddenly kicked off linking everyone's ageing to him seems better.

Number Four See Number two, never happening in any meaningful way as well it shouldn't

Wings - you seem to be the only one who feels this one

and those other 4 are all things they already have or things that they can all get through custom charms already

Don't half-castes already have an extended lifespan? I can't see us giving someone one of these without making them half-caste as well. Other than that... Honestly, "give access to solar charms" makes the rest of it rather redundant.

Yes, they probably do. So if making them half-castes will solve the problem, then it is alright. I will accept any plan that gives them what is on my list. Just keep in mind if they gain better survivability right away, they could focus on learning other things or improving their already good survivability.

Just because it's inherent doesn't automatically mean it's free. At least not if we'd go for magically disappearing wings, instead of permanent physical ones.

What is the cost for putting them on there. I did ask Alexander about that and he said that all we needed to do was "study a live specimen". Unless he wasn't telling me something, I don't think your argument holds any water.

And DXD wings are magically disappearing wings. Watching the first episode of the anime would clue you in on that. Hell, they don't even replace wings you already have, as seen with Akeno and her fallen angel wings.

number one on your list is NEVER happening, they got turned into home-brew Half-Castes rather then Baseline ones for a reason after all an Alexander isn't going to give anyone other then Issei access to Solar charms, and for good reason

Number two on your need list can ge granted by Epic Stamina, something all Pieces are granted and I don't see why no matter what our enhancements do we wouldn't do the same, on a side note just giving people the ability to buy Epic Attributes is likely never going to happen far more likely is them gaining the ability to spend massive amounts of XP and Time to gain specific Epic Attributes depending on themselves or on whatever the specific Enhancement they get from there Piece is

Number Three something already get at baseline, and something we can give them without wasting time and effort on this, they are not Exalts so they don't have the same protections built into them, far better for this would be tying our lifespans together, becaus as a Dragon Issei has a lifespan of YES, so rather then having him snap in 5 thousand years trying to raise the dead because everyone he gave a shit about suddenly kicked off linking everyone's ageing to him seems better.

Number Four See Number two, never happening in any meaningful way as well it shouldn't

Wings - you seem to be the only one who feels this one

and those other 4 are all things they already have or things that they can all get through custom charms already

I was hoping they would gain access to MORE Solar Charms. Right now, they don't have any access to those things. Perhaps they could learn any charm from off of our list?

Any plan that grants extended youth and longer life to our forces is okay in my book. So tying their lifespan to ours is a-okay. The only problem would be this: If we died, would the people connected to our lifespan die as well? I would be rather worried if my lifespan was tied to a guy who went out and put himself into danger every day.

And yes, it is unfortunate that nobody else seems to want wings, even though they would be so easy to get and would cost nothing and have no negative side effects. *sigh* That's why I moved them to optional.

What is the cost for putting them on there. I did ask Alexander about that and he said that all we needed to do was "study a live specimen". Unless he wasn't telling me something, I don't think your argument holds any water.

And DXD wings are magically disappearing wings. Watching the first episode of the anime would clue you in on that. Hell, they don't even replace wings you already have, as seen with Akeno and her fallen angel wings.
I was talking more about the fact that making the wings appear, or using them to fly, could very well cost essence to use. Much like some other inherent capabilities of some Exalts or magical creatures, like Anima powers.

As for adding the wings themselves to the design; it's quite possible (and arguably even likely) that any features we add beyond the basics - whether those are wings, or other things - require us to spend more time and effort on designing our empowerment items.

I was talking more about the fact that making the wings appear, or using them to fly, could very well cost essence to use. Much like some other inherent capabilities of some Exalts or magical creatures, like Anima powers.

As for adding the wings themselves to the design; it's quite possible (and arguably even likely) that any features we add beyond the basics - whether those are wings, or other things - require us to spend more time and effort on designing our empowerment items.

Well excuse me for knowing nothing like that. I asked Alex:
what would we have to do to give people who receive Issei's pieces wings similar to those of an angel or devil from DXD - wings that disappear and reappear at will and have no ill side effects?​
And his only answer was:
Study a live specimen.​

So nothing like that was told to me. I got the impression that the wings were completely and 100% free to put into the Solar Pieces. From Issei's research, we know that the Evil Pieces are a powerful supercomputer that slightly alters DNA, so we can induce mutations into it.

I need to hear a better plan than what I have. Why is it that me, someone who knows nothing about the rules of Exalt, is coming up with all the plans, and you guys, who seem to know everything about the game, are doing squat?

Well excuse me for knowing nothing like that. I asked Alex:
what would we have to do to give people who receive Issei's pieces wings similar to those of an angel or devil from DXD - wings that disappear and reappear at will and have no ill side effects?​
And his only answer was:
Study a live specimen.​

So nothing like that was told to me. I got the impression that the wings were completely and 100% free to put into the Solar Pieces. From Issei's research, we know that the Evil Pieces are a powerful supercomputer that slightly alters DNA, so we can induce mutations into it.

I need to hear a better plan than what I have. Why is it that me, someone who knows nothing about the rules of Exalt, is coming up with all the plans, and you guys, who seem to know everything about the game, are doing squat?
because we have argued and argued and argued and argued and ARGUED this stupid stupid stupid thing over and over and over again to the point where some of us are almost to the level of throwing our monitors out the window whenever mention of it's shown up in thread and it has gotten no where

because at the end of things us saying we want we want is going to do all of sweet nothing when we have nothing or next to nothing to build off and when we don't have already set designs made by someone we can agree on *Alexander* to vote on, no one is going to give a flying fuck what super awesome thing anyone else comes up with, because it wasn't what they did so why should they care

we have been over this damn saw so many damn times

Dude, you need to chill. There have been a number of ideas thrown around; some of them entire concepts (like the Pactio thing), some of them only for specific things (whether that's rules/functions like your wings, or specific aesthetics like Tarot-cards or whatever).
Ultimately, it basically comes down to the fact that we're simply not going to agree on some sort of unified idea that everyone agrees with, simply because a lot of it is just a matter of tastes (like the exact aesthetics of the empowerment items), while others are a matter of different priorities (such as the effects we want the items to have), and the only way to really solve it is to basically let Alexander pick the ideas he likes/considers workable, work them out, then let us vote on them.

Blah blah blah I don't want wings because blah blah blah

That is your argument? Seriously? I expected better from you.

Dude, you need to chill. There have been a number of ideas thrown around; some of them entire concepts (like the Pactio thing), some of them only for specific things (whether that's rules/functions like your wings, or specific aesthetics like Tarot-cards or whatever).
Ultimately, it basically comes down to the fact that we're simply not going to agree on some sort of unified idea that everyone agrees with, simply because a lot of it is just a matter of tastes (like the exact aesthetics of the empowerment items), while others are a matter of different priorities (such as the effects we want the items to have), and the only way to really solve it is to basically let Alexander pick the ideas he likes/considers workable, work them out, then let us vote on them.

Sorry about that Kelenas. You have done nothing wrong. I don't like how a lot of people just want to put down other people's ideas without another thought. I keep asking you guys your thoughts, like how I can improve my list, and some of you want to have full Half-Caste Solars, which would be kind of cool, I guess, but a lot of you guys

If we are going to build this thing, it should be all of us working together. Not one person doing it, and the others booing and hissing.

The idea that I got into my head was that the pieces would be an upgrade to the Granting "Touched by Dragon" Knack, aka the thing that we got back in part 6 of the Snake Arc that allowed us to turn our forces into Solar Half-Castes in name only. That was my philosophy going into it, that it would build on that and be a flat bonus that would apply the same thing to everyone. Clearly, some of you have widely different opinions on it (or, in the case of EternitynChaos, have no ideas and just want to boo and hiss at people who do). I would like to hear them.

That is your argument? Seriously? I expected better from you.

Sorry about that Kelenas. You have done nothing wrong. I don't like how a lot of people just want to put down other people's ideas without another thought. I keep asking you guys your thoughts, like how I can improve my list, and some of you want to have full Half-Caste Solars, which would be kind of cool, I guess, but a lot of you guys

If we are going to build this thing, it should be all of us working together. Not one person doing it, and the others booing and hissing.

The idea that I got into my head was that the pieces would be an upgrade to the Granting "Touched by Dragon" Knack, aka the thing that we got back in part 6 of the Snake Arc that allowed us to turn our forces into Solar Half-Castes in name only. That was my philosophy going into it, that it would build on that and be a flat bonus that would apply the same thing to everyone. Clearly, some of you have widely different opinions on it (or, in the case of EternitynChaos, have no ideas and just want to boo and hiss at people who do). I would like to hear them.
Look you great Tit I didn't say a bloody thing about Wings read the post, fuck it, to ignore with you, I can't deal with stupid on this level and not start howling and flinging shit right back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back