• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Elaborate please. A picture would be nice too.
twilight.jpg
Caste Marks don't glow Gold only Zeniths get that. Twilight in addition to getting to reduce damage by essence levels for summoning their Anima, glow Red, Purple, and Blue like a setting sun.

Caste Marks don't glow Gold only Zeniths get that. Twilight in addition to getting to reduce damage by essence levels for summoning their Anima, glow Red, Purple, and Blue like a setting sun.

What the hell... Those are not wings. Are you saying we should have this symbol on each of our chosen ones instead of wings? Because I really want our pieces to give wings.

What's with fixation of wings?

Is it because you guys wants them to be able to fly?

Wings are overrated anyways. They are bulky and only provide bigger target for enemies to hit.

Shouldn't there be a charm or something like that that will allow people to be able to fly?

The Issei Pieces system shouldn't be to complicated
---------
Seeing that this Earth is a nitroglicerine barrel ready to explode, I wonder how Aliens would see this "world"?

If my writting skills were good, I would try to make an omake about that, in the point of view of the alien.

What's with fixation of wings?

Is it because you guys wants them to be able to fly?

Wings are overrated anyways. They are bulky and only provide bigger target for enemies to hit.

Shouldn't there be a charm or something like that that will allow people to be able to fly?

Wings are awesome, and they would have no drawback because they would work exactly like the wings in High School DXD: they would be completely nonexistent when you did not want them to be around, and they would not ruin your clothes whenever they were summoned. Flight is a useful feature outside of combat, and, at worst, they would be completely useless. Also, if they get wings for free, they would be able to cocentrate on learning a different charm. The only thing I am concerned about is if our group is okay with receiving wings.

Also, don't say that it is redundant with Eiko and Mettilt because they get to keep their old wings, but would be able to switch between the new ones in the old ones at will.

Is that OK, Alexander?

What the hell... Those are not wings. Are you saying we should have this symbol on each of our chosen ones instead of wings? Because I really want our pieces to give wings.
I believe Blood was trying to say that the wings should be that colour instead of gold.

I don't really see a point in wings either though.

Oh. That is much better.

Biofan09

The question is why not? Giving our followers DXD wings would provide a few positive boons, have no negative side effects, would look really cool, and woils be absolutely free.
No it wouldn't, that's likely going to require a Genesis or difficult Occult roll to add. Unless we change them to BE part Dragon, which would be hard as Solar corrects mutation like that.

Bleeding Issei every time to make one is on the table I guess.

No it wouldn't, that's likely going to require a Genesis or difficult Occult roll to add. Unless we change them to BE part Dragon, which would be hard as Solar corrects mutation like that.

Bleeding Issei every time to make one is on the table I guess.

Alrighty then, you bring up a good point. I wanted wings to have the same mechanics as devil and angel wings do in Highschool DXD, if that is possible.

All right, we should probably have a goal in mind for these pieces. Their function be the following:

- They should give our forces a major boon through several passive effects while also increasing their capacity for growth.

- They should let others know that these few are exclusively a member of our faction.

- They should not come with negative side effects for our companions.

- They should not give our group any traits they don't want.

- They should not overlap with the Half-Caste status; rather, it should be an upgrade or promotion.

Alrighty then, you bring up a good point. I wanted wings to have the same mechanics as devil and angel wings do in Highschool DXD, if that is possible.

All right, we should probably have a goal in mind for these pieces. Their function be the following:

- They should give our forces a major boon through several passive effects while also increasing their capacity for growth.

- They should let others know that these few are exclusively a member of our faction.

- They should not come with negative side effects for our companions.

- They should not give our group any traits they don't want.

- They should not overlap with the Half-Caste status; rather, it should be an upgrade or promotion.
That's everything Half Caste status DOES.

-Boon of being a Half Solar.
-their Anima is our Anima by flaring it with essence that's done.
-hard to do... depending on alot of things... Solar Exaltation only works on Humans, though they aren't natural Half Castes we will see the possibility of a few 'cursed' beings lose various mutations or change appearance. Such as Miletit and her lost of Light Weakness.
-Again Super Solar Powers come with Caste Mark and Anima also generally makes the bearer prettier and expands their understanding of the world a few might be against that but, its part of the package.

That's everything Half Caste status DOES.

-Boon of being a Half Solar.
-their Anima is our Anima by flaring it with essence that's done.
-hard to do... depending on alot of things... Solar Exaltation only works on Humans, though they aren't natural Half Castes we will see the possibility of a few 'cursed' beings lose various mutations or change appearance. Such as Miletit and her lost of Light Weakness.
-Again Super Solar Powers come with Caste Mark and Anima also generally makes the bearer prettier and expands their understanding of the world a few might be against that but, its part of the package.

Issei's Pieces should be the next step in the hierarchy of our organization: start off as a Solar Half-Caste, then you join our inner circle by having an Issei piece given to you.

Then what should be the function of Issei's Pieces; I was under the impression that it would give traits that would not be available for a Solar Half-Caste, but you seem to have a completely different idea that you are not sharing with me. Without leaving any specifics, I would like to know what you want these pieces to do to our followers when Issei sticks his pieces into their bodies.

Issei's Pieces should be the next step in the hierarchy of our organization: start off as a Solar Half-Caste, then you join our inner circle by having an Issei piece given to you.

Then what should be the function of Issei's Pieces; I was under the impression that it would give traits that would not be available for a Solar Half-Caste, but you seem to have a completely different idea that you are not sharing with me. Without leaving any specifics, I would like to know what you want these pieces to do to our followers when Issei sticks his pieces into their bodies.
This is an incomplete version, anyways by MAKING Solar Half-Castes you'd already be giving that person the best sort of mutation to their soul since stuffing dragons into people became a thing.

Anyways having a two step Piece Empowerment not only sounds bad but, is unfair. We will have already by the time we need to differentiate our Inner and Outer circles by time spent and artifacts. Hell the fact is our Inner Circle will be our Wives with maybe a guy or a beast (OR heaven strike him Azazel).

This is an incomplete version, anyways by MAKING Solar Half-Castes you'd already be giving that person the best sort of mutation to their soul since stuffing dragons into people became a thing.

Anyways having a two step Piece Empowerment not only sounds bad but, is unfair. We will have already by the time we need to differentiate our Inner and Outer circles by time spent and artifacts. Hell the fact is our Inner Circle will be our Wives with maybe a guy or a beast (OR heaven strike him Azazel).

You are just a huge naysayer today. You put down all of my ideas, but you have none of your own.

The pieces are to make our girls into Solar Half-Castes. Currently they are some sort of Quarter-Castes, The Evil Piece Project is to make them into true-ish Half-Castes.

Ah, I see. I thought they were already Half-Castes due to Issei touching them. It said so on their character sheets. Well then I think we should have them gain full Solar Half-Caste status and Twilight colored wings that function like devil or angel wings.

The pieces are to make our girls into Solar Half-Castes. Currently they are some sort of Quarter-Castes, The Evil Piece Project is to make them into true-ish Half-Castes.
Wut? :confused:
Both the description of the Charm and the char sheets call them full on Half-castes. I don't recall any previous discussion hinting that they were any less.

Both the description of the Charm and the char sheets call them full on Half-castes. I don't recall any previous discussion hinting that they were any less.

... Wait a sec. You have a point. Bloodshifter, the heck did you get that information? I won't let you off easy if you were bad-mouthing my idea based on faulty info.

We we want the Issei pieces to be an improvement.

... Wait a sec. You have a point. Bloodshifter, the heck did you get that information? I won't let you off easy if you were bad-mouthing my idea based on faulty info.

We we want the Issei pieces to be an improvement.

They aren't, they can't learn full Solar Charms as actual Half Castes do or channel our Anima like proper Half-Castes do. They get Solar "Spirit" Charms, though the raising Essence Cap is nice, they are a lite-version of Solar Half-Caste more akin to proper Godblooded really.

They aren't, they can't learn full Solar Charms as actual Half Castes do or channel our Anima like proper Half-Castes do. They get Solar "Spirit" Charms, though the raising Essence Cap is nice, they are a lite-version of Solar Half-Caste more akin to proper Godblooded really.

So then the Issei Pieces would give what benefits to them? I'm assuming they would give access to more Solar Charms, give them our anima stuff, and let them have twilight wings, but what else? Perhaps enhanced senses and better healing? Maybe some learning boosts?

The quest uses homebrew Half-castes last I checked. As such our retinue counts as proper Half-castes. And frankly given what I recall the version you reference is itself homebrew, homebrew close to the official version but still homebrew.

So then the Issei Pieces would give what benefits to them? I'm assuming they would give access to more Solar Charms, give them our anima stuff, and let them have twilight wings, but what else? Perhaps enhanced senses and better healing? Maybe some learning boosts?
That's mostly natural when they hit Essence 5 as they can buy stats and Attributes up to 10.

The quest uses homebrew Half-castes last I checked. As such our retinue counts as proper Half-castes. And frankly given what I recall the version you reference is itself homebrew, homebrew close to the official version but still homebrew.
Its from the White Wolf Exalted Ed 2 books? I guess its home brew?

That's mostly natural when they hit Essence 5 as they can buy stats and Attributes up to 10.
Unless you mean stats + attributes equal to 10 then no that's not the case. From E 1 to 5 you can buy any attribute or ability up to 5, after you raise your Essence above 5 you can raise your attributes and abilities up to your Essence rating.
Its from the White Wolf Exalted Ed 2 books? I guess its home brew?
Most of the stuff about the Curse and True love along with some of the charm restrictions are not in the books last I checked.

[X]Plan Kelenas

I'll hold of on discussing the Issei Pieces (are we really calling them that? Maybe GLORIOUS SOLAR PIECES instead?) until I either know all the options we're voting for, or get an idea to add in.

I'm kinda "meh" on the idea of wings. Since the recipients of our empowerment items would likely work on Exalted rules, they should have plenty of mobility; IIRC someone with 2 points in the relevant Ability and Attribute can jump 4m vertically with little trouble, for example. And that's before counting in specialties or stunts.
In my opinion it'd probably increase cost without providing too much of an inherent advantage.
Plus, there's options for learning how to fly in Magic or Sorcery.

I'll hold of on discussing the Issei Pieces (are we really calling them that? Maybe GLORIOUS SOLAR PIECES instead?) until I either know all the options we're voting for, or get an idea to add in.
I don't think the name's set, yet. It's probably gonna come after all the other stuff has been decided on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back