• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ahhhh! After Ten Thou-er...TEN Years, I'm FREE! It's Time to Conquer GENSOKYO!

Alexander said:
Let's see, I see: Tewi, Flandre, the Prismriver sisters, Hatsune Miku and Suzaku, C.C. and Lelouch. Oh and Aya.

>:D Let's open the Gates of the Fairy-pse!!! >:D

Who else would be interested in worshipping us in Gensokyo in Exchange for a power-up? Or could we go and make a shrine outside and give visible miracles to the mundane People in Exchange for worship.

If crazy guys that start suicide cults can do it without a single miracle, we can do better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly sure that's Tabitha (ZnT) with the Red Framed glasses just to the left of the one commanding the charge out front, and then that Red-haired one in the front-line just to the right of that same leader looks familiar as well.

Meh, all they need to do is find one sunflower fairy and that entire horde is fucked.

Heaven Canceler said:
Who else would be interested in worshipping us in Gensokyo in Exchange for a power-up? Or could we go and make a shrine outside and give visible miracles to the mundane People in Exchange for worship.

If crazy guys that start suicide cults can do it without a single miracle, we can do better.

Except you know, the fact that formerly established and well known Gods have fled to Gensokyo due to a lack of magic/belief in the outside already... yeah I'm going to file that under bad ideas.

Redon said:
Except you know, the fact that formerly established and well known Gods have fled to Gensokyo due to a lack of magic/belief in the outside already... yeah I'm going to file that under bad ideas.

But they are gods, so they literally live off the faith. If we fail, the worst that would happen is that we are Kind of wasting a bit of time. Hell, our Blessings aren't even based around faith but around using leylines to empower any worshippers.

I also kinda don't buy that Major gods like Amaterasu or the Serven Lucky Gods have fallen out of power. Kanako and Suwako were because they were concentrating their power on making the City continue grow while at the same time getting less and less worship. And they seemed like only local gods anyway.

Alexander said:
Let's see, I see: Tewi, Flandre, the Prismriver sisters, Hatsune Miku and Suzaku, C.C. and Lelouch. Oh and Aya.

>:D Let's open the Gates of the Fairy-pse!!! >:D
I think I see a Konata and Tsukasa.
I could see Suzaku and Lelouch being fairies, but why is C.C. here? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed, there is an alternate Version of this on SV and while it is not as great as our wonderful path to chaos and an court of fairies, it is still quite fun. I still prefer this Version quite a bit due to the great write-ins that have been made until know.

Redon said:
Meh, all they need to do is find one sunflower fairy and that entire horde is fucked.

Mazeran_Fairy_03.png

Last edited:
I think this is what that comment meant:

Yuuka_Kazami.jpg

@ GLH: Who's that?

kinglugia said:
She's Yuuka Kazami, aka the Flower Youkai who was the inventor of Master Spark (until Marisa borrowed it from her~)

AKA, someone who is our Ally

Yuuka Kazami - Flower Youkai and Strongest Youkai in Gensokyo; though there may be others who's powers are more versatile and allow for greater possibility, in terms of raw brute force none can match Yuuka. The two of you get along swell, given your preference of power above all else. Plus, you have nifty sunlight spells that help her out in gardening.

No, Yuka Kazami is on Adyen's picture. Green hair, plaid skirt, umbrella. The... Uh, person on the GLH's picture has no umbrella, no plaid skirt and no green hair, but instead has some sort of wings.

The Nobody said:
No, Yuka Kazami is on Adyen's picture. Green hair, plaid skirt, umbrella. The... Uh, person on the GLH's picture has no umbrella, no plaid skirt and no green hair, but instead has some sort of wings.
Oh that one?
That's Persona x Touhou crossover pic.
I think it's drawn by this guy

Heaven Canceler said:
I just noticed, there is an alternate Version of this on SV and while it is not as great as our wonderful path to chaos and an court of fairies, it is still quite fun. I still prefer this Version quite a bit due to the great write-ins that have been made until know.
No im pretty sure thats just kaito,and yes im kinda liking where thisis going >:D

[X] Time to visit the apprentice, it's Quiz Time! Number one on the list being why did you have to wait for fairies to randomly spring you through the course of unrelated mischief, instead of Student Numero Uno?
- [X] Because, yeah, you've kind of guessed that there's sooort of a little crush going on there, but ten years is a bit long to leave your suffering master in the lurch to butter up a pretty face. Cold!
-- [X] If/when she insists it's not like that, pretend to be confused. She can take a little teasing, and after so long she's lucky you aren't tossing baby pictures around all Gensokyo. You may or may not have them, but you can get them, or arrange for their creation.

You've made your choice; it was time to find your cute little apprentice and have a very...spirited discussion with her. You were trapped in that seal for a long time, and though you don't know exactly how long you can tell it wasn't brief given the fact that just about everything changed. That and the fact that freaking fairies of all things broke you out, and didn't even know that they were doing so in the first place! Apparently, enough time has passed that you've been completely forgotten.

Frankly, that's just unacceptable; Marisa either forgot about you like everyone else, didn't care about freeing you at all, or was politely ignoring the whole thing so she could try and score with Reimu. You've seen her eye the miko like a dog eyes a steak whenever little Reimu did those silly dances all shrine maidens do, you can tell she's interested in her; either in actual love and romance, or just as delicious eye candy.

If it was the third one, then you had no choice but to beat her to an inch of her life; because that was just cold, ditching the master that cared for and taught her so much just to try and tap some sweet ass. Stone cold and heartless, and you could respect that, but it still meant kicking her ass.

Shortly thereafter, you're above the Forest of Magic and spot a familiar cottage; though you admit the observatory jammed into there is new. Huh, guess you weren't sealed away for that long if Marisa's place is still standing; putting you into the decades to century range in terms of how long you were gone. You immediately rushed down and peered through the window, seeing your apprentice looming over a cauldron and working on some new concoction. She didn't look all that different really, a little taller and obviously more filled out in obvious areas; but it was still the same pipsqueak of an apprentice you had before. Just more a teenager instead of a little girl.

Huh, guess you were only gone for a few years then; little Marisa looks to be in her mid to late teens and you last saw her when she was eleven or so. Of course, that does mean that you were forgotten in but a measly few years.

Unacceptable, simply unacceptable; you were the GREAT AND TERRIBLE MIMA, Dark Goddess of Gensokyo, Mistress of Torment and Agony, Lady of Hell, and Vile Spirit of Hatred and Suffering! And they forgot about you?! It hadn't even been all that long; you didn't fade into history, you were ignored like a mere afterthought! The nerve!

Oh you'll enjoy making them all rue the day they forgot you. You'll etch your magnificence into their memories, an unforgettable sonata of suffering that they'll never fully overcome...

But first, you must reintroduce yourself to your wayward apprentice; in the most appropriate manner available.

With a wave of your staff you blasted through the wall in front of you and sent Marisa flying. At first glace, you though that perhaps you'd overdone it just a tad. Then you remembered that Marisa's home was always a total mess in order to have a proper 'witchy' vibe to it, and immediately shrug it off. You then proceed to float and loom ominously towards your hapless charge.

Marisa, groaning and still somewhat out of it, starts picking herself out of the wreckage. "Alright, who the hell has the balls to-" She stops the moment she sees you right in front of her, and immediately begins stuttering out of shock, "M-m-m-master?!"

"Yes Marisa, it's me: you caring and dedicated master, Mima." You speak, nonchalantly yet with a cool edge to your voice. Marisa winces and you continue talking, "The master who dedicated years of her time to train you in the magical arts, who granted you much leeway as her apprentice, and who actually took the time to do what no other magician in Gensokyo would and actually teach you what you wanted to learn.

The same master who was sealed away by the Hakurei Miko, and who couldn't break free on her own this time. Who was trapped in a damn hokora for; what, six or seven years or so?"

"Um...it's been ten years, actually," Marisa replies, "But-"

"So I've been sealed away for a decade; hmm?" You continue your rant, "A decade, trapped in a black void; incapable of doing anything but lament my situation and go crazy from boredom and isolation. A decade until I was freed; not by my duitiful apprentice, oh no. I had to be freed by fairies. Fairies.They didn't even know I was in there or what they were doing; I had to rely on dumb luck to be freed! Instead of awakening to the sight of my caring apprentice only weeks after I was sealed away, I had to wake up to the sight of a bunch of nimrods to a land that's entirely forgotten about me! ME! The Great and Terrible Mima! Scourge of Humanity, Bane of Justice, and a bunch of other equally imposing and frightening titles!

Regardless to say, I am not a happy camper right now..."

Marisa starting to shake now, and you think you've reflexively pulled out your wings and gave yourself a ominous twilight aura to intimidate her. You sigh, and more calmly say, "Look; I get it, I really do Marisa. There comes a point in every apprentice's time under their master that they start getting ideas. Ideas like, "Why am I listening to this old hag, I can totally do this; and better than her to boot!". Ideas that lead to poison in the tea or an athame in an unsuspecting back, or rigging a duel between your master and her rival to lead to the latter's unfortunate demise. I did it, my master did it, my master's master did it; and now it was your turn.

I also understand that there comes a time in every girl's life where she starts getting more interested in other girls more than just 'being friends'. And that sometimes they do stupid things to impress other girls to try and...further their relationship. I get that, I really do; but c'mon? Really? Leaving your master out to hang and dry for a decade, all to score with Reimu? To get to, what, second base with a shrine maiden who you know won't put out? Seriously?

That cuts deep, Marisa; real deep, right through the heart in fact. But I can respect that; I am evil after all. I'll still have to reprimand you, but I respect it."

Marisa starts blushing and spluttering, "W-we're not like that! Why does everybody thing that Reimu and I have a thing going on between us?! There is no 'us'! We're just friends and just because of one time everybody-wait."

She stops and does a double take, "Reimu sealed you? She...she sealed you away, and didn't tell me?! But...but she always tells me this stuff. She told me all the other times she did; and-and we're friends, and friends do keep this sorta stuff from friends! Why...why didn't she tell me..."

Aww; it looks like your cute little apprentice didn't leave you to hang and dry, in fact it looks like she missed you. She just didn't know or realize what had happened, because little Reimu managed to hide it from her. You're still a little peeved about that, but honestly it's not like you didn't go around and go off and do your own thing from time to time without her, only to just mention it to Marisa offhand mere moments before doing it. Apparently, your laissez-faire method of a Master-Apprentice relationship came to bite you in the ass.

And now she's all depressed about not being able to save you, and apparently being lied to by her best friend/crush. She actually seems pretty shaken up about this, which is frankly surprising; she didn't seem the type. Still, you're not completely heartless, so you float on over to her side and try to comfort her a bit, "Hey; c'mon kiddo, it's not your fault. Frankly I probably was a bit too lax and distant of a master for my own good and got burned for it. Lesson learned, and we can all move onto greener pastures."

"It's not that Lady Mima," Marisa glumly replies back, "It's just...Reimu and I, we're friends; like, really close friends. As in, 'too many people confuse us for lovers for their own good' friends. And I get that she doesn't like you, and is obligated to seal you away when you get too uppity in her eyes; but she could've at least told me that she did. She knows that I'm close to you and that you mean a lot to me and all that mushy crap; and that even though I would've broken you out eventually, I'd at least give her some breathing room, ya know? Like, several months; a year tops, but that's pushing it.

But she didn't even mention it, not a single word! I even remember asking her if she knew where you went, and she shrugged! Reimu can't even lie to save her life, an oni's a better liar than her; but somehow she pulled this one over me? She's supposed to be the honest one, and I'm supposed to be the one who lies to save her own skin; that's how it's always been. This...this actually cuts kinda deep, like you said. I dunno how to feel about this..."

You give your little apprentice a comforting pat on the back, you honestly didn't expect her to be hit that hard by all this. You're also surprised that she cared that much about you; you weren't joking about the chain of betrayal that you brought up earlier, you were honestly expecting Marisa to try and stab you in the back one of these days. Either out of a lust for more power or simply out of annoyance of her master like you did. That she actually was loyal to you and wouldn't betray you felt...refreshing, and nice.

"Hey, no more being all depressed; I didn't break out to deal with sad, weepy apprentices all right? I broke free to do what we always do; cause chaos and mayhem for our own entertainment and whims. Now, no more crying over your girlfriend and let's go out and start a ruckus, eh?"

That seems to do the trick, as the pipsqueak immediately retorts, "She is not my girlfriend, no matter how many other people say otherwise!"

The she smiles, realizing what you're trying to do. "Thanks master," she says, "I needed that; and now all I need for a complete pick-me-up is another raid of Patchy's library! I never get why she's so stingy with her books, it's not like she won't get them back once I die."

Oho, so another magician moved into Gensokyo in your absence? Sounds interesting; you now wish to know more about this 'Patchy', so you ask your apprentice. "Marisa, tell me about this 'Patchy'; I curious about the new talents that came in my absence."

"Eh, Patchy?" Marisa scratches her head a bit as she remembers all she can, "Can't tell ya too much; Patchouli keeps to herself and when I see her I'm usually borrowing books from her, which pisses her off. Umm; well her full name's Patchouli Knowledge, she uses a Eastern Seven Luminaries system of magic but knows tons of other spells to boot, and she's pretty powerful when her asthma and anemia aren't kicking her ass. Other than that, I've got nothing."

Your eyes go blank as you try to process what you've just heard; the Unmoving Great Library, regarded as the most skilled and knowledgeable magician ever to exist, who's regarded as knowing all that was, is and ever will be of magic. The proverbial textbook definition of a magician, to the point of being called the 'Magician's Magician'; that Patchouli Knowledge, was living in Gensokyo.

And her security was shitty enough that your apprentice could get away with robbing from her scott free.

You had to be dreaming, this had to be a dream; there's no possible way this could be true.

"Um, Master?"

You're probably still sealed away, aren't you? The can be no possible way that the Patchouli Knowledge's library is so unguarded as to allow even Marisa to rob her of her most prized possessions. It just can't be.

"Uhh...Lady Mima? Are you ok? You're kinda scaring me here..."

It was simply impossible; legends spoke of the countermeasures she took to protect her knowledge, to safeguard that which she valued most. For someone to simply waltz right in and just...take her tomes was unthinkable. It couldn't happen, even in one's dream you couldn't hope for it to be that easy.

"If you don't say anything in the next five seconds; Imma smack you with this book, got it?"

It had to be a fake, an impostor simply resting on the laurels of the name; with but a fraction of the actual knowledge and power that the real Unmoving Great Library possessed. Yes, a mere fake; because the real Patchouli Knowledge couldn't possibly be that easy to pil-

You're interpreted in your thoughts by a tome smacking you in your ethereal face; when you recover you see that Marisa threw the thing to get your attention. Damn brat, you were thinking and she knew better than to interrupt you while you were-

Wait. That tome; that wasn't one of Marisa's tomes, not one of the ones you gave her. You pick it up and look at it; it was obviously old and ancient, written in...Atlantean?

Looking closer you could see that yes, it was in fact written in Atlantean; and actually looking within it's contents revealed that it was the legendary Book of Poesidon, the most sacred tome of Atlantis which contained all of the city's knowledge of water, down to water's truest conceptual meaning and nature. It also was rumored to hold the grace and divinity of Poesidon itself, allowing the owner to theoretically assume the mantle of the Greek god of the seas if they had the knowledge and ability. It was a myth, a legend; nobody had even laid eyes on it or knew if it was real or not. You had even ventured yourself to find the tome in order to have more to barter with your peers; only to fail and obliterate the ruins of Atlantis in your anger.

Yet here it was; the legendary tome in your hands, the greatest repertoire of Water Magic ever known, only rumored to be surpassed by lost Sumerian Writings of Enki's Words. And you were holding it.

If there was one magician who could possibly have obtained this tome, it would be the Unmoving Great Library herself. Yet here it was, in your apprentice's home; obviously stolen from someone else. Which means, which means....

Patchouli Knowledge's library, the greatest source of magical knowledge, had the shittiest security you could imagine. And was easy enough for your apprentice, who had but a fraction of your skill and power, to break in and rob to her heart's content.

Ohhh, you can taste the new knowledge and power in your hands, just waiting to be relieved from their owner and put to far better use.

You had to do it, you must...

[X] Break into the library and steal everything you can
[X] Steal the library itself, all of it
[X] Politely go to the mansion Miss Knowledge resides in and knock her out like a bitch have a spirited discussion on your specialties in magic
[X] Duel to the death; no holds barred, winner take all. The Great Unmoving Library vs. The Witch of Twilight, who will win...
[X] Write-in

Last edited:
[X] Steal the library itself, all of it

I see no way this can go wrong.

[X] Politely go to the mansion Miss Knowledge resides in and knock her out like a bitch have a spirited discussion on your specialties in magic
-[X] Also this book is now MINE MINE MINE.

Nothing like a little combat to get yourself back into shape after a ten year nap.

-[X] Also this book is now MINE MINE MINE.

[X] Tell Marisa, gently, that she is to immediately drop everything she's planning and introduce her to Patchouli Knowledge and the Unmoving Great Library in the manner that she usually 'visits' it.
-[X] Right now.
--[X] Immediately. No, you cannot get changed.
---[X] Up! Or else we can immediately test out how much you have grown in these ten years with a full-on head to head battle!

Edit: Chibi is cute.
[X] "You're introducing us. I'll provide liquor this time, I'm sure there's a bottle of something old and venerable enough to fit the bill laying around somewhere. Maybe not in my place, but I'll make do." Time and place for everything, the last thing you need is to charge face-first into the discovery that the security is shitty only because the Unmoving Library is harboring a lady-boner for your cute little apprentice. That's the sort of thing that ruins days.
-[X] "You don't read this language at all, do you? A for effort, anyway. For the meantime, why don't you show your Master what you've learned in the interim, huh?"

You know, the problem with that vote is... Marisa's very likely to take us up on that testing...

Picture for Marisa is broken for me, anyone else have the Problem?

Also the way Mima is talking about how Young Girls get interested in Young Girls when they get to a certain Age makes me think that this Gensokyo is female-only, with the rare exceptions of People like Rinnosuke. (Who may or may not actually be a crossdresser in this Version.)

Hey, I am almost absolutely sure that Patchouli wouldn't have a library this size and power if she didn't have the correct protections. I mean, someone would have robbed her blind by now.

So she is probably going easy on Marisa, which means we can play matchmaker to amuse ourselves with the whole Thing and get some books in the process so as to get Marisa as far from thinking about her ex-girlfriend as possible. That we can likely loot books at the same time would only be a Bonus.

[X] "You're introducing us. I'll provide liquor this time, I'm sure there's a bottle of something old and venerable enough to fit the bill laying around somewhere. Maybe not in my place, but I'll make do." Time and place for everything, the last thing you need is to charge face-first into the discovery that the security is shitty only because the Unmoving Library is harboring a lady-boner for your cute little apprentice. That's the sort of thing that ruins days.
-[X] "You don't read this language at all, do you? A for effort, anyway. For the meantime, why don't you show your Master what you've learned in the interim, huh?"

Heaven Canceler said:
Picture for Marisa is broken for me, anyone else have the Problem?

Also the way Mima is talking about how Young Girls get interested in Young Girls when they get to a certain Age makes me think that this Gensokyo is female-only, with the rare exceptions of People like Rinnosuke. (Who may or may not actually be a crossdresser in this Version.)
I am pretty sure she's just trolling her.

[X] Break into the library and steal everything you can

Btw Ender what date is it ingame? Because if it is April 30th or near that date, we could do a walpurgis night, and would it not be fun to have all the magicians in one place just to have a grand party of magic and to show off to other witches.
Of course the collateral damage from a gathering of the most powerful magic users in gensokyo would not be that bad... rigth? right?

I have to admit; seeing Chibi's write-ins are always a hoot, even if they don't win. So far they let me go in directions I often don't think about, like the most recent one. Really made me think on the Marisa-Mima relationship and just how both sides view it.

Mima views it as her expected apprenticeship, something that all master magicians eventually do as a sign of their prowess; and she managed to luck out with a brat that she can tolerate and in fact likes. Someone who doesn't bitch when thrown off cliffs or put through starstorms as learning experiences. Frankly, she's surprised Marisa's still alive; much less still as faithful to her as she still is. Again; I refer you to the whole betrayal deal, and how Mima was in fact both expecting and somewhat anticipating Marisa to stab her in the back.

That doesn't mean that she doesn't cut Marisa some slack now and then; if something's really messing with her cute little apprentice, she will do something about it. Although, if that 'something' can't be solved with gratuitous lasers, then it's not exactly something Mima's equipped to handle.

Marisa, on the other hand, looks to Mima almost like how Rock Lee looks to Might Guy; albeit with far less fanatic devotion. With her background, it was nigh-impossible for Marisa to find anyone to teach her actual magic beyond a few tricks and cantrips; but Mima gave her a shot, something she's forever grateful for. What's more, it was in the one field of magic she longed to learn; the very stars that inspired her to be a magician in the first place. A lot of Marisa's habits were inherited from Mima; the lying, the stealing, the staggering lack of morality, putting power above all else, all that stuff was due to Mima's influence. Mima's almost like the mother she's never had, which is why she took Reimu not telling her about sealing Mima and keeping her sealed for a decade as hard as she did.

Mima's also the ultimate milestone for her to surpass as a magician, the marker she uses to judge herself as a magician by as well as how much farther she has to go. Above even her 40% win chance against Reimu, Mima is the one she aims to beat. And she's also the one that Marisa puts all the bluster and snark aside and takes completely seriously, and admits that she can't beat. Not yet anyways.

...On a completely different note; who wants to know who the Hakurei God is in this quest? Cause Mima actually knows this one, and it's something that actually frightens her when she thinks about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back