• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Bakuda Quest! Or 'Problem Solving Through The Application Of Explosives!'

sworded said:
Will we be able to combine Genius +30, Rage +25, and Focus +40 on our Tinker rolls? Since they combine for a +95 we could be potentially making Impossible tech all quest long as long as we don't burn out and deal with the surely minor difficulty of finding the materials, tools, and lab space to do so of course.

Minor, he says. O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Take apart everything and make something.
-[X] Make a bomb that blows a window through time and space so you could view what happen.

Edit:
*Sigh*

Okay, I can see how this vote works better.

[X]Call the cops to give your statement focus to give best response. Call the academic review board. You have a confession written right here and you have all the ba c jg round work.

Hopefully no one is giving some sort of secret backing up to the dumb brat and we get some justice.

[X] Make a bomb that wipes the memory of Lee Clarke from everyone alive (other than yourself).
[X] Make another bomb that wipes all electronic records of Lee Clarke from existence.

We'll have to find a way to target written records of him, but it's a start. Hmm... actually, I wonder if we could make a bomb that would send our memory of that day to everyone, instead of one that "explodes" all knowledge of him.

[X]Take apart everything and make something.
-[X] A set of Quantum variable bomb skull implants with a remote triggers and a failsafe mechanisms for attempted extractions.
If we cant make a quantum bombs yet make it into something we can like a microwave bomb that fries brains. Or some other bombs that cause nice effects like mutations or time displacement or something.
And from that we go and implant some bombs into Lee and force him to tell the truth, or make him into our cat's paw for getting money and some more exotic materials.

[X] Make a bomb that wipes the memory of Lee Clarke from everyone alive (other than yourself).
[X] Make another bomb that wipes all electronic records of Lee Clarke from existence.

Wait what?

Why'd the fuck did we tear up his smug expression letter. Why aren't we working on launching an academic inquiry. This is a thesis in the twenty first century. We have the lead up work. We have the notes and we don't trust that idiot near enough for him to have everything he'd need to sufficiently verify proof.

Hell we should be contributing to the ongoing police investigation that we need to give a statement to.

You do not press chrages on and assault rape charge. The DA files a criminal suit. This should be perfectly defeatable with mundane legal effort and Bakuda shouldn't be dumb enough to fuck her own chances.

Larekko12 said:

There's a simple answer for that. Tearing up the letter is her being pissed off, but I never said Alice threw it out.

As for the rest? That's what a write-in is for, I'm not holding your hand here.

We voted for tranquil fury, she isn't going to destroy a confession letter in that state.

Gideon020 said:
There's a simple answer for that. Tearing up the letter is her being pissed off, but I never said Alice threw it out.

As for the rest? That's what a write-in is for, I'm not holding your hand here.
the vast majority of what important in what I said should happening to us. Instead of talking about pressing charges dad should be talking about the cops coming by for our statement.

And we should be hearing about Lee bombing on the review board.Because dissertations don't clear that fast.

[X]Call the cops to give your statement focus to give best response. Call the academic review board. You have a confession written right here and you have all the background work.

[X]Call the cops to give your statement focus to give best response. Call the academic review board. You have a confession written right here and you have all the ba c jg round work.

[X] Call the cops to give your statement focus to give best response. Call the academic review board. You have a confession written right here and you have all the background work.

If you will notice, Tanuki messed up the word background for some reason and the people who copied it didn't fix it.

We don't have a written confession.

Sorry, but I needed to make sure that this was noticed, so that the bandwagon didn't win, and fuck us over.

Hey there Alice,

I'm just writing this letter to thank you for your contribution to my success. Too bad you couldn't hand in your project.

Don't worry, I'll make sure to put the Scholarship position your were aiming for, to very good use.

Regards,

Lee Clarke.

P.S. Booyah, bitch

What we have is a (seemingly) friendly letter from our "rescuer." The only part that anyone (other than us, or anyone else who knows the truth) could object to, is that the post script is a bit vulgar. Maybe that the bit about the scholarship sounds a bit smug, as well.

It's more like a confession when combined with Lee's asociated lack of background works. The living thugs liable to roll on him if we coroborate. Our familiarity with the project and standing academic records.

Larekko12 said:
It's more like a confession when combined with Lee's asociated lack of background works. The living thugs liable to roll on him if we coroborate. Our familiarity with the project and standing academic records.
He has background works. From when he mooched off of us.

dreadis said:
If you will notice, Tanuki messed up the word background for some reason and the people who copied it didn't fix it.

It was from Larrekko... dun blame Tanuki~

Yes, but does he know the material. If he is called into question about it, will he be able to answer everything and explain the reasoning behind it correctly.

...Say could Lee be a parahuman? A Thinker, maybe?

Silver W. King said:
Yes, but does he know the material. If he is called into question about it, will he be able to answer everything and explain the reasoning behind it correctly.

...Say could Lee be a parahuman? A Thinker, maybe?
Even if he's a leech, he managed to get into the class. He's probably had time to figure it out, while we were in the hospital.

Honestly, I'd suggest joining the PRT, and using their resources to get our revenge. We can always ditch them, if we can't work with them.

Selias said:
He has background works. From when he mooched off of us.
We wouldn't be carrying around all the notes, resources, drafts, experimental proofs, and records about the piecing together of our project on the day to turn in the discovers of a new particle. And he certainly wouldn't know it like the back of his hand unless we'd been out for the months necessary for him to recreate all that shit.

The Lab records wouldn't match. The forensic evidence wouldn't match. When we speak out the reputation won't match up. Even the comupter histories won't.

Votes Closed. I think we all know what option won here. ;D

[X]Plan Larekko12

You shake your head, indulging in your new powers can come after you put that monkey Clarke into a zoo where he belongs. Rising from the couch, you make sure the letter you received from Clarke, smarmy bastard, is intact. And then you walk over to the wall-mounted telephone and dial the local police station.

"Hello? My name is Alice Williams-"

"Miss Williams? We were just about to call you in regards to taking a statement regarding the rape attempt on you. Would it be possible for you to come down today?"

It's a nice feeling that things are working out for you right now and you smile, "I'll be down there as quickly as possible." Humming to yourself, you head over to the bathroom to take a shower. After all, perfection should look it's best when putting scum like Clarke in their place.

Getting to the police station is simple enough, and for once you don't begrudge the happy bird-song surrounding you upon arriving and entering through the front door. And to your surprise, you are quickly spotted and waved over to a waiting police officer, "Miss Alice Williams?"

You nod, "That's me."

"Follow me please, Detective McClane is waiting to interview you." Hoh? Curiouser and curiouser, it seems something interesting is going on.

Following the police officer into the heart of the station, you quickly find yourself standing in front of an office, "Detective! It's Lance. I've got the Williams girl to see you."

You hear a woman's voice shout, "Come on in!"

You nod politely in thanks to the police officer ad enter the office to find Detective McClane. The woman in question is rather pretty, with long blonde hair, and a quick glance at her office shows a fairly distinguished career, before you sit down in the offered seat as she starts to speak, "Nice to see you walking about. I'm Allison McClane, the investigating detective on your rape case."

"I can make your investigation easier." You respond instantly, "I know who planned the entire fucking thing. Lee Clarke," you spit his name like a curse, "duped Donovan Blake into attacking me in order to steal my work and claim it as his own."

McClane's expression becomes strange for a moment, and your eyes narrow slightly as she speaks, "Have you spoken with the University about this?"

You shake your head slightly, "No, I wanted to press charges with the police."

The detective nods her head, "Smart. Miss Williams, could you come with me to the University? There's some people that you will want to speak to as well." Confused, you nod slowly and leave the room, listening carefully as you wait outside the door for the detective.

"Hello? It's Detective McClane. Yeah, I've just met Alice Williams and she's pressing charges against Lee Clarke...Yeah, I'm bringing her over now." You move away from the door as the detective walks out and locks it behind her, "Shall we?"

"After you," your respond while keeping a pleasant expression on your face, while inwardly you are busy trying to figure out what is going on here as the detective leads you back out, into the station's parking lot, and to her car. After several minutes of driving, you realize something.

"The university is trying to keep something quiet." You state plainly, "What is it?"

There's a moment of silence, before the detective nods, "This investigation turned up a lot of discrepancies, a lot of things didn't make sense both my end and the university's, but we can't make it public." She turns her head slightly to look at you, "Turns out there was a big-shot physicist there who got taken in by Lee Clarke."

"Fucking asshole always was a con-man, " you snarl, "So why keep it quiet?"

The car turns a corner and enters the University as the detective replies, "You'll find out in a minute once you meet these people."

'These people', as it turned out to your surprise, happened to be the senior administration officials of the university as you were led into a conference room and shown a seat.

After refusing some coffee in favour of water, you listen as the President speaks, "Miss Williams. First off, on behalf of Cornell University, I want to apologise for what you have experienced and rest assured that you will be compensated-"

"Why the fuck hasn't that piece of shit Lee Clarke been found out yet?" You snap, "That monkey couldn't make anything deserving of a scholarship or fame, just mediocrity. He stole my work and then pawed it until it could have his name scribbled on in crayon!"

"And that has been found out. However, that's presents a problem. Lee Clarke is famous right now, and more than that we have found signs that there was a concerted long-term plan that had you as the primary target."

"Not only that," Detective McClane speaks up, "But the evidence is vanishing, likely Clarke trying to cover his tracks. We're getting enough to likely get him for fraud and assault, but if he's responsible for Donovan Blake's attack on you, he's made sure there's nothing linking him."

"There's also the matter," the President continues, "of the university's reputation. I know you would love to have your work properly acknowledged and Lee's name dragged through the mud, but doing so will cause severe damage to the University. The detective has been able to build and is continuing to build a case that should allow for us to have Mr. Clarke arrested on other charges, but that is dependent on you."

"Me?" You raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Ms. Williams, that you cannot take any form of legal or personal action against Lee Clarke. If we are to do this quietly, you must unfortunately swallow your pride and allow him to continue taking credit for your work."

What.

Write In:

[X] "And what guarantee do I have that you're not in on this, and giving him enough time to finish getting rid of all the evidence?"

Maybe we should get a second opinion?

[X] "And what guarantee do I have that you're not in on this, and giving him enough time to finish getting rid of all the evidence?"
-[X] "I will not back down under any circumstances, even if you literately take a gun and put it to my head. I am pressing charges."

[X] Will he be discredited when arrested?
- [X] If his arrest will get you your due, let it be. You can give the system one chance.
- [X] When it inevitably fails, take matters into your own hands.
- [X] If they can't promise you that, take matters into your own hands.

[X]"So in order to prevent damage to the university, you wish for me to wait and let the monster who stole my life work, and arranged for me to be raped, and then murdered and almost succeeded claim my work for himself even as he works to swiftly and adroitly cover his own tracks which as he has already proven that he is willing to murder may involve the disposal of his co-conspirators, who have motive to roll on him, the principle witness and victim, who can confirm the work is hers, and any of the other classmates who also know about his discretion who may find themselves pressured into silence using the wave of his public opinion. This is what you want me to do? So that you may cover up the universities part in this fiasco. Why exactly should I let that rat walk or care about that sucker?"

[X]"So in order to prevent damage to the university, you wish for me to wait and let the monster who stole my life work, and arranged for me to be raped, and then murdered and almost succeeded claim my work for himself even as he works to swiftly and adroitly cover his own tracks which as he has already proven that he is willing to murder may involve the disposal of his co-conspirators, who have motive to roll on him, the principle witness and victim, who can confirm the work is hers, and any of the other classmates who also know about his discretion who may find themselves pressured into silence using the wave of his public opinion. This is what you want me to do? So that you may cover up the universities part in this fiasco. Why exactly should I let that rat walk or care about that sucker?"

[X]"So in order to prevent damage to the university, you wish for me to wait and let the monster who stole my life work, and arranged for me to be raped, and then murdered and almost succeeded claim my work for himself even as he works to swiftly and adroitly cover his own tracks which as he has already proven that he is willing to murder may involve the disposal of his co-conspirators, who have motive to roll on him, the principle witness and victim, who can confirm the work is hers, and any of the other classmates who also know about his discretion who may find themselves pressured into silence using the wave of his public opinion. This is what you want me to do? So that you may cover up the university's part in this fiasco. Why exactly should I let that rat walk or care about that fucker?"

The only changes I made was a grammatical correction of the possessive form of "university" and changing the last word from "sucker" to "fucker". Because "sucker" just sounds so childish and inexpressive of the complete and utter hatred we possess for him.

Incidentally, this was a fairly dumb idea. Why? Because now that we've come forward, if the fucker dies, we're a prime suspect, unless we can somehow make it look like a definite accident. Which isn't the easiest thing to do.

[X]"So in order to prevent damage to the university, you wish for me to wait and let the monster who stole my life work, and arranged for me to be raped, and then murdered and almost succeeded claim my work for himself even as he works to swiftly and adroitly cover his own tracks which as he has already proven that he is willing to murder may involve the disposal of his co-conspirators, who have motive to roll on him, the principle witness and victim, who can confirm the work is hers, and any of the other classmates who also know about his discretion who may find themselves pressured into silence using the wave of his public opinion. This is what you want me to do? So that you may cover up the university's part in this fiasco. Why exactly should I let that rat walk or care about that fucker?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back