• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest :Take Two

Found the quotes:

Liam-don said:
...Too neat even. For some reason, the ease you've obtained all this vital information brushes you wrong, like this was meant to be found

And:

Liam-don said:
The concept is eerily familiar, but whereas your Reality Marble is engraved in your very soul, the Personal Reality is describing as a mental structure whose magnitude depends entirely on the Esper's calculating ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolled 2d100: total 44 + 64 = 108

You decide to keep learning about the theories of Esper abilities.

It doesn't go very well unfortunately. Despite all your efforts you fail entirely to wrap your mind around the scientific concepts, the words' meaning slipping out your brain almost as soon as you've read them. Still rote memorization lets you retain what you've learned, even if you don't understand it.

It's progress nonetheless.

Esper (theory) Exp = 108/100

Rank up! Esper (theory) reached Rank E.

It's close to noon when you catches a faint buzzing. It's your phone, you realize, you've forgotten it in yesterday's pants. You quickly extricate the device.

Your breath catch as you see the caller ID and the tiger plushie beneath.

Numbly, you answer the phone. "Hello?"

"SHIROOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" A woman wails into your ear.

You move the phone away from your ear protectively as the woman gibbers at the same loud volume.

"Are you okay? Sick? Nee-san was so worried when you weren't here this morning you never miss school even when you're sick and then you didn't call the school to say what was wrong with you and I thought the worst and so I didn't want to overreact so I waited but you didn't call me either and then I couldn't take it anymore and Shirooouuuuuuu..." She dissolves into loud sobs.

A rush of nostalgia fills your heart. "Sorry Fuji-nee," you apologize earnestly. " I just felt really tired this morning and felt like I needed a break."

"So you're really okay?" Taiga sniffs pitifully.

You nod, even if she can't see it. "I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm nearly back at 100%, I swear."

"So will you come this afternoon? I mean, you don't have to!" She adds hastily. "You're such a good boy nee-san know you wouldn't skip school without a good reason, but as a teacher I have to ask."

What do you say?
[] Yes
[] No.
[]...?

[X] No.
-[X] Cite the need to be sure of your recovery.
--[X] Continue studying: if you don't understand the concepts then search help. Internet is a thing right? And so are forums.
---[X] Reserve a bit of time to research more about your current life. You can't be caught unprepared.

oh Taiga... always the same. :3

[X] No.
- -[X] Cite the need to be sure of your recovery.
- - - - [X] Continue studying: if you don't understand the concepts then search help. Internet is a thing right? And so are forums.
- - - - - - [X] Reserve a bit of time to research more about your current life. You can't be caught unprepared.

Just to note, no second roll for the day.

[X] No.
--[X] Continue studying: if you don't understand the concepts then search help. Internet is a thing right? And so are forums.
---[X] Reserve a bit of time to research more about your current life. You can't be caught unprepared.

[X] "I've, uh, forgotten where we were supposed to be meeting?"

Much more IC than just blowing Taiga off.

[X] No.

"I'd rather not," you say carefully. "I'll take the afternoon off to make sure I'm completely fine."

"You do that," Taiga agrees eagerly. "Let your reliable Fuji-nee take care of things on this end!"

The call doesn't last much longer after that, as Taiga's lunch time is short and her meal is large. You heave a sigh as you hang up the phone.

That was nerve-wracking. You hadn't expected a ghost from your past to suddenly appears efore you. You wonder what happened to motivate Taiga to leave her cozy nest back home. Maybe the teachers have really good benefits in Academy City. Or maybe this was about you.

You curse under your breath, your lack of knowledge frustrating you to no end. You really wish Emiya Shirou had kept a diary. This time was easy, as you had old habits to fall back on, but you're not looking forward to complete strangers who will come at you like close friends.

You'll try to figure something out later. For now, you return to your studies.

If the books are too dry and complicated, you should try to find something meant for a more general audience. You boot up the laptop and access the largest repository of junk science and babarized knowledge known to mankind: the internet. Surely there is somewhere an article written in small enough words for you to understand.

As it turns out, Emiya Shirou had bookmarked several interesting pages and forum, which considerably speed up your research. In particular, the blog of "Sensei-chan" has several post elaborating on fundamental principles in very simple term. Among them her explanation of the uncertainty principle using a box of chocolate resonates with you.

An esper is the one who can change the nature of the candy within the box to what he wishes it to be.

You can turn all the marbles in the bag white.

Yes, the two powers are definitely close.

Another site of interest is a forum dedicated to "Level Upping." Most of the users seems to be proper espers expanding on the curicullum the follow to increase their powers. None of the members claim to be higher than level 2, but it's a start.

Sadly, not everything you find is worthwhile and most of your afternoon is spent on repeats of what you've learned in one form or another. In the end, you shut down the machine in disgust.

You need a change of pace. Maybe you should check the phone's memory for names you might recognize?

...A pressure crashes into your body. An energy fills the atmosphere around you, blanketing your room. You recognize it immediately, of course. After all, you've used it yourself countless time. Prana, the source of magecraft.

There is a magus nearby, preparing a truly powerful spell. Judging by the way the energy radiates rather than gather at a point, it is a bounded field of some sort.

Your hand clenches into fist and your heartbeat speed up.

What do you do?

[]Not your business. Keep your head down and hope it goes away.
[] Really not your business. Run away.
--[]Stealthily. Get to the stair and don't look back.
--[]Quickly. Jump out of the balcony.
[]Peek out of your room, carefully.
[]Go out and find the magus
--[] As a worried civilian
--[]Using reinforcement
--[]Draw out your swords already.

[]...?

[X] Peek out of your room, carefully.
- - [X] If you spot nothing, go out and find the magus
- - - - [X] As a worried civilian

- - - - - - [X] Be ready to deploy Reinforcement and Tracing if the magus is hostile.

Rolled 3d100 : 35, 4, 68, total 107: 1 success.

Carrefully, you open your front door. Nothing jumps out to hungrily rip out your throat, so you take a furtive look outside. The hallway is empty, but your eyes stop on the walls. All the way to the stairs, they are covered with small papers vibrating with prana. You recognize the markings on them as runes. You're knowledgeable enough to recognize them as "Torch" and "Aesir", but you can't for the life of you guess at what spell this is for.

There is an explosion several floors up. Leaning above the guardrail, you follow the smoke back to its origin. Despite the terrible angle, you catch sight of a spiky haired teenager, a fire elemental and a man dressed in priest robes. You're fairly sure the latter's the magus.

What do you do?

[]Get back inside. You're not the magus' target.
[]Call the firemen. This shit is dangerous!
[]Call Anti-Skill. It's their job.
[]Rip off the runes. Remove enough of them and it'll disrupt the elemental. In theory, at least.
[]Get up there yourself. It's faster that way.
-[] Quickly! Run up there as fast as you can
--[] Stealthily! Make sure you're not noticed.
--- []Flashily! Climb up there like a boss!
[] You have the magus' location. Just fire an arrow at him. Through the floor.

Last edited:
[X]Rip off the runes. Remove enough of them and it'll disrupt the elemental. In theory, at least.

[X] You have the magus' location. Just fire an arrow through at him. Through the floor.

[X]Rip off the runes. Remove enough of them and it'll disrupt the elemental. In theory, at least.

[X] Call Anti-Skill. It's their job.
- - [X] Once that is done, start ripping off those runes talismen.

[X]Get up there yourself. It's faster that way.
-[X] Stealthily! Make sure you're not noticed.

[X] You have the magus' location. Just fire an arrow at him. Through the floor.

[X]Get up there yourself. It's faster that way.
-[X] Stealthily! Make sure you're not noticed.

[X] Get up there yourself.
-[X] Flashily. You jumped off of skyscrapers as an Heroic Spirit, jumping up there shouldn't be too difficult.

[X] Call Anti-Skill. It's their job.
- - [X] Once that is done, start ripping off those runes talismen.

>ripping off those runes talismen.

Just alter the walls to be slippery, or something? Archer is good with alteration, it should be that hard.

Roll me 4d100 for rune ripping proficiency. DC 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back