• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest :Take Two

Mmh, there's quite a lot of runes. This magus may have taken redundancy a little too far. On the other hand it means he probably didn't see the need to hide some in hard to find locations.

Still, you need to act fast. The probability that Spiky up there has an ability to keep himself alive is about 20% so you'd better even these odds.

You Reinforce yourself in a flash and get to ripping the talismans of the walls. The point being to disrupt the runes, you're quite content with messily shredding the piece of papers at top speed. As they also lack any sort of defensive properties, it doesn't take long for you to clear the entire floor.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"

But you weren't fast enough, as you see Spiky take a dive the roof of the bicycle shack, bounce off it and crash on the ground. He weathered his fall remarkably well however as he gets up quickly once the Fire Elemental roars down at him. It doesn't seem like destroying the runes slowed him down much, but it's not trying to pursue the boy either, so maybe you reduced its range of action or increased the burden on the magus. Regardless, you don't think it was useless.

The Elemental hasn't noticed you yet, but you have a completely clear shot at it now. The Magus doesn't seem to have moved yet.

What do you do?

[] Fire on the elemental. (If so, fire what?)
[] Go down. The boy may need help and be willing to give you information.
[] Go up. You've weakened the magus, now take him down!
-[] Quickly?
--[] Stealthily?
--- []Flashily?
[]Nah. You've done enough. Go back inside.
[]...?

Last edited:
[X] Go up. You've weakened the magus, now take him down!
--[X] Stealthily?

We were successful? Did your intervention does something?

[X] Go up. You've weakened the magus, now take him down! (quickly?
--[X] Stealthily?

Crap. I knew it. We just freed the elemental, didn't we?

Alexander said:
--[X] Stealthily?

We were successful? Did your intervention does something?
Y ou succesfully removed all the talismans. Beyond that, *shrug*

--[X] Stealthily?

- [X]Flashily! Leap up there in a single bound!

--[X] Stealthily?

3D100 for stealth. DC 75

[blockquote]Rolled 3d100 : 85, 44, 30, total 159[/blockquote]

goddamn, why do all these rolls suck so bad?

also, i have no idea what setting this is (besides F:SN obviously)

we would probably be better off trying to help the boy, he did just get his shit wrecked.

Rolled 85, 44, 30. DC 75: 1 success.

To get to the magus, you first need to avoid his familiar.

Fortunately the creature is still making the evil eye at the boy and you swiftly sneak behind it. Once you're past, you climb the stairs silently, keeping a low profile. T

You reach the floor where the commotion began and peek across the corner. The magus is kneeling down, his back towards you. He is crowded by several cleaning bots that keeps you from seeing what he's doing.

His back tenses suddenly. He lets out a heavy sigh before standing and turning your way, but you hide long before he can catch sight of you.

"Do you you know what is the mark of a truly skilled fire magician? The ability to detect heat sources, such as a human body."

Huh. You didn't know that, no.

New universe, new rules?

"If you had the courage to come back up here, then stop acting like a rat and show yourself!"

He doesn't sound like he's bluffing. You've been made.

No point in hiding anymore then. You advance and get your first real look at your opponent.

Red haired male of european descent. Very tall, taller than you would be after your second growth spurt, even. Despite his size and menacing sneer, his face still has the youthfullness of childhoold. That boy is barely a teenager.

That doesn't make him any less of a threat though. There's a silver ring on each of his fingers, all crackling with mana. The dark flowing robes he wears emits a magical glow as well, somewhat reminding you of your own overcoat from the Burial agency, though not as powerful. You're sure they offer some degree of protection against magical and physical attacks. Nothing that could slow down your blade, but it could make less lethal avenues more difficult.

As you watch him, the boy watches you. His eyes widen a fraction. "You're not that guy." His surprised look turns quickly into a mocking sneer. "Do all Academity City students have more guts than sense? You're so eager to run toward certain death one after the other!"

A small flame appears in his raised hand. "If you can't mind your own business, then you deserve the consequences."

In the detached, analytical sight of your eye of the mind, you note that the boy is really paying more attention to his monologue than to you, his opponent. He doesn't seem inclined to call his familiar back to his sides, either.

The boy is completely, entirely underestimating you.

You're not nearly as taken with the sound of his voice as he is. What will you do about it?

[]Abort. Run away before things escalate any further.
[]Surrender. Raise your hands and attempt to negociate.
[]Punch him. In the face.
[]Sword him. (Which? How?)
[]...?

Last edited:
[X] Sword him: Gea Bolg

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gae_Bolg

his magical items seem to be able to protect him from things like low tier attacks and punches, which means our only way to find out what the fuck he is actually up to is via talking, beating his ass is impossible unless we outright kill him.

[X]Surrender. Raise your hands and attempt to negotiate. ask what he's actually doing, ect.
-[X] if that fails, (he begins to attack, tells you that he's going to kill you, ect) trace something that will bypass his magical protection. (we have an anti-magic sword somewhere, right? something like Gae Dearg?) then stab him in the heart with it.

frankly, we don't know shit about what weapons Archer actually has, he stole half of them from Gil ( F/SN just mentions "a rain of powerful Noble Phantasms" but never actually says what any of them DO) and the other half were collected while doing Counter-Guardian stuff/generic heroing after F/SN ended, which all happened off-screen so we have no idea what noble phantasms he has access to.

that's why I'm just going to put a generic "i want to use a sword/weapon that does X" and leave it to you to decide if we have one or not.

obviously most of my picks will be powers from from FSN or F/Z.

probably things that Archer never got a chance to see while we was alive, like Gae Dearg, but there is a decent chance that he saw something with similar powers. "sword that cuts through magic" is a pretty common power. I would actually be more surprised if we DIDN'T have one laying around somewhere.

iamnuff said:
his magical items seem to be able to protect him from things like low tier attacks and punches, which means our only way to find out what the fuck he is actually up to is via talking, beating his ass is impossible unless we outright kill him.
Not outright impossible, but your blow would be decidedly less powerful. Then again, your fists would currently crush a human skull like an egg, so there's that.

iamnuff said:
[X]Surrender. Raise your hands and attempt to negotiate. ask what he's actually doing, ect.
-[X] if that fails, (he begins to attack, tells you that he's going to kill you, ect) trace something that will bypass his magical protection. (we have an anti-magic sword somewhere, right? something like Gae Dearg?) then stab him in the heart with it.

frankly, we don't know shit about what weapons Archer actually has, he stole half of them from Gil ( F/SN just mentions "a rain of powerful Noble Phantasms" but never actually says what any of them DO) and the other half were collected while doing Counter-Guardian stuff/generic heroing after F/SN ended, which all happened off-screen so we have no idea what noble phantasms he has access to.

that's why I'm just going to put a generic "i want to use a sword/weapon that does X" and leave it to you to decide if we have one or not.

obviously most of my picks will be powers from from FSN or F/Z.

probably things that Archer never got a chance to see while we was alive, like Gae Dearg, but there is a decent chance that he saw something with similar powers. "sword that cuts through magic" is a pretty common power. I would actually be more surprised if we DIDN'T have one laying around somewhere.
I'm working with the silly assumption that the Archer within the Throne received the records of his copies sent as Counter Guardian in much the same way as Shirou saw a memory of Justeaze and recorded the Jeweled Sword through the dream. So he has quite a large selection. Feel free to use your imagination, and I'll let the dices decide.

[X]Sword him (Anti fire sword.)
We should have more than enough swords that go Lolno to Fire based magecraft that we can deploy. Then capture and question him. Then we use a NP to erase his memories of the last few hours. Then we let him go.

Robotninja said:
[X]Sword him (Anti fire sword.)
We should have more than enough swords that go Lolno to Fire based magecraft that we can deploy. Then capture and question him. Then we use a NP to erase his memories of the last few hours. Then we let him go.

There's a silver ring on each of his fingers, all crackling with mana. The dark flowing robes he wears emits a magical glow as well, somewhat reminding you of your own overcoat from the Burial agency, though not as powerful. You're sure they offer some degree of protection against magical and physical attacks. Nothing that could slow down your blade, but it could hamper any attempt to subdue him.

what makes you think any of those have anything to do with fire?

[X] Sword him. (Gae Dearg).

Fire magecraft's not going to stop Gae Dearg, and neither are enchanted clothes.

[X] Sword him. (Gae Dearg).
-[X] Don't kill him: you want to know what's going on.

iamnuff said:
goddamn, why do all these rolls suck so bad?
Given that the DC was 75, there was only a 16% chance to get more successes than that and a 42% chance to get none at all.
The rolls are so 'bad' because the DCs are all rather high.

[X]Punching him. In the face.

Seriously people, we just arrived here, still have to adapt to the very basics of our new life and don't need any additional shitstorms on top of that.
Revealing our magecraft so trivially is a horrible idea.

Since we are being underestimated this much, our greatly superior combat skills should be more than enough to handle this or at least allow us to buy enough time for Touma to do his comeback thing.
We could even explain away our physical enhancements as chronokinesis, if necessary.
And even if this doesn't work out, Stiyl doesn't want to kill us, so there are not likely to be permanent consequences for failing.

You were sadly trying to sneak on someone who detects hidden opponents through body heat right after using your circuits, which notoriously heightens body temperature. Not the easiest proposition *shrug*.

That said it could have been worse. You could be fighting the magus and his familiar at the same time.

As for RE: Archer's bag of tricks. I'm going to come up with a rolling system to decide whether Archer has a weapon that does so and so in his RM. The more details you give me about the weapon, the easier the roll will be. Bonus if the weapon has basis in a myth.

[X]Punching him. In the face. With your foot.

If not then your fist works too.

changed my mind actually.
[X] barehands beatdown.

his armour might slow a punch, but considering that we can crack stone... we can probably beat him down regardless.

also, revealing our swords already might be a bad idea.

we should have wrapped a towel around our head before we left, for a cunning disguise.

Changing to:

[X] Punch him. In the face.

6d100 for five fingers counterpoint. DC 30

[blockquote]Rolled 6d100 : 27, 36, 17, 25, 95, 26, total 226[/blockquote]

That went really badly.
Lets hope the 95 gives a bonus of some sort.

Pipeman? Please stop rolling.

Rolled 27, 36, 17, 25, 95, 26. 2 successes.

[X] Punch him. In the face.

"Hear the name of the one who killed you!"

Right, that's about enough of that.

"Fortis-"

In a single breath you're in the boy's space, your fist sailing toward his face. To his credit your burst of speed doesn't make him panic. Indeed, his eyes sharpen as he reassess your threat level and understand that you can give him a real fight. Still, he doesn't initiate any movement to defend himself. He simply waits, sure that he can withstand your attack with no harm.

Well, you'll both learn whether his confidence is misplaced immediately.

Your fist lands square on his face with a meaty smack and despite hitting bare skin, the cloth's protection work against the impact of your Reinforced strike. The power is absorbed, dissipated, and even negated, a blow that could shatter stone and rend steel is reduced to next to nothing.

Next to nothing is more than enough.

Your right hook hits him square in the jaw and send the boy crashing into the wall. His eyes are wide and uncomprehending and he leans on the wallfor support.. Your blow was effective; doubly so because this magus never expected his protection to fail. Once, again, he sees you in a completely different light.

Too little, too late.

Before he can begin to use his magecraft, your fists land again and again. Jaw, center of the ribcage, liver, throat, you clinically pummel him to maximize the pain and limit his actions. He raises his arm in a pitiful defense but it becomes clear he has absolutely no close combat skill as your blows slide through effortlessly to rattle his brain. Desperate, the boy tries to curl into a ball, but you lift him up and shove him against the wall. You see a hint of fear in his eyes before one last punch make them roll up and he crumples uncounscious.

You feel the bounded field vanish from the building. The familiar has probably vanished as well.

That was easy. You look at the numerous bruises and let out a sigh. "I'd almost feel like a bully."

If he hadn't just tried to kill another kid, that is. You were positively merciful.

"Assistance is required."

With a start, you turn toward the voice. Then you see what held the magus' interest before you appeared. A young nun dressed in white looks at you with dispassionate eyes blue eyes. The cleaning bots crowd her as they wipe off the blood that flows from a wound on her side.

With a growl, you push the machines away and kneel down near the girl. "I'm going to take care of you."

Carefully, you check the extent of the injury. It's pretty bad. Someone went at this girl with a long and thin blade, and and the damage goes deep. Still, you try your best to be reassuring. "You're going to be Okay."

"Incorrect," the girl answers emotionlessly. "This injury is life threatening, death will occur in about half an hour."

"That's more than enough time", you answer with a confident smile." Where do you think you are? Academy City has the fastest response teams in the world."

You don't know if that's true, but that would be more than enough time for any large city in Japan. You take your phone out, hoping the emergency numbers are the same in this place. "What's your name, miss nun?"

"Index!" Someone shout from behind you.

Spiky is back. He glares at you with all his might. "Get away from her!"

You glare back."Can you make a compress?" Quickly, you removr your shirt. "If not, I'd suggest you make yourself useful and call an ambulance."

He starts. "Wait, is that you, Emiya? What's going on? You're the one who beat up that magician?"

Well crap, that kid knows you. "He couldn't take a punch," you say quickly as you fold your shirt and put pressure on the injury. You twist the cloth and tie it around the slim girl."Hurry up and make the call!"

He shakes his head. "No wait, there's a group of magicians after that girl. If we get her to a hospital, they'll find her easily!"

"She needs treatment." You shoot back.

"I know that much, but it's all over if they catch her. We'd be putting the other patients in danger too."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"I don't know!" He retort helplessly. "Isn't there a healing spell in those 103,000 Grimoires of yours, Index?"

103,000 Grimoires? What?

"Positive, but I do not possess mana. Furthermore, espers cannot perform magic."

The boy growls in frustration, until his face lights up. "You mean, if they're not an esper any ordinary human can do magic?"

"If the preparation is correct, yes." The nun answers.

Seriously, what.

"Alright," the boy cheers. "Let's bring her to Komoe-sensei! She's not an esper and I'm sure she'll help us."

You have lot of questions but they can wait until the girl isn't bleeding to death.

[]Call the damn ambulance. They're far more reliable than an amateur magus.
[]Reveal that you are a magus. Surely you'll do better.
[]Go along with his plan. It might reduce the collateral damage.
[]Leave. Just let the kid take care of his friend.
[]...?

There's also the magus to consider.

[]Keep him. You have question for him.
[]Give him to the cops. Stalked and injured a child.
[]Leave him there. What's the worst that could happen?
[]Kill him. That's the normal consequences for his lifestyle.
[]...?

Last edited:
[X]Reveal that you are a magus. Surely you'll do better.
[X]Keep him. You have question for him.

Did Touma just say 103,000 Grimoires? SCORE! This much knowledge on the local magic system will more then allow us to figure out what we need to. Who wants to bet there is information control and hypnosis techniques~! We can have Touma forget about this entire thing and use a few spells to more easily learn about the world we find ourself in.

Yes I know Touma is immune to that sort of thing I just want us to come out and get those spells. We can at the very least tell Touma to never ever mention our magus ability to anyone... we would be vivissected with in the hour anywhere on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back