• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest

[X]Fuck this, Call Zel for a sleep or binding spell.

Because that's the only non-lethal option. Plus with Zel away we are dangerously low on mana. If she complains tell her it's for the sake of saving lives. She will understand.

[X]Fuck this, Call Zel for a sleep or binding spell.

Swords and fighting are Hijikata's strong suit. Maybe we'd beat him in a fair fight, but we'd still be going up against his strong point in direct conflict. Given good enough luck perhaps he could even deflect or dodge a rain of swords.

You know what Hijikata isn't strong against though?

Zel.

She's a severe outside context problem for him.

Edit: Yeah that's not an incredibly ominous response at all Liam-don. I refuse to start soaking in paranoia. No matter how much you freak me out.

*comes back to read thread on seeing something new*

*sees all of one relevant update*

*sees Hijikata not getting schooled*

... yeah, not only does Archer have immeasurably more combat experience, he has it against this specific type of situation too, and that's not even counting reinforcement. This is just silly. I mean, I'd buy it if it were Shirou, not _Archer_.

Rieverre said:
*sees Hijikata not getting schooled*

... yeah, not only does Archer have immeasurably more combat experience, he has it against this specific type of situation too, and that's not even counting reinforcement. This is just silly. I mean, I'd buy it if it were Shirou, not _Archer_.
Apparently, Sasaki Kojiro is just a freak with an extremely large sword that Saber sucked too much to kill.

Still though, how the fuck does Hijikata work and why is he Sasaki tier?

croaker said:
Apparently, Sasaki Kojiro is just a freak with an extremely large sword that Saber sucked too much to kill.

Still though, how the fuck does Hijikata work and why is he Sasaki tier?

Um. Dude. She killed him. Out-skilled him even rather than just bumrushing with power. But you have to remember, everything else aside, he was still a Heroic Spirit, with all the physical boosts of the legend (even though it was a fake one) that implied. Even freaking Kuzuki could only surprise her because whenever he fought he was being boosted by Caster.

Rieverre said:
Um. Dude. She killed him. Out-skilled him even rather than just bumrushing with power. But you have to remember, everything else aside, he was still a Heroic Spirit, with all the physical boosts of the legend (even though it was a fake one) that implied. Even freaking Kuzuki could only surprise her because whenever he fought he was being boosted by Caster.
Which frankly just counterbalances the fact she knows Prana Burst and he didn't know any magic, so it still means a normal human can go toe to toe with a servant sometimes. If you didn't get these freaks on occasion you wouldn't get heroic spirits at all. And it's worth noting that Archer has lots (and lots) of special abilities he hasn't used yet, so I can accept that this guy can match him in a straight sword fight (barely) because straight sword fights aren't really Archer's thing when dealing with powerful opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
SolipsistSerpent said:
Which frankly just counterbalances the fact she knows Prana Burst and he didn't know any magic, so it still means a normal human can go toe to toe with a servant sometimes. If you didn't get these freaks on occasion you wouldn't get heroic spirits at all. And it's worth noting that Archer has lots (and lots) of special abilities he hasn't used yet, so I can accept that this guy can match him in a straight sword fight (barely) because straight sword fights aren't really Archer's thing when dealing with powerful opponents.
Those heroes are pretty much ALL from the past. You know, when humanity was, by default, much stronger? The only two servants from the future/near past that I can think of off the top of my head are Shirou, who has UBW, and Jack the Ripper, who would have stood NO CHANCE against a servant. Besides, isn't becoming famous the only real requirement to become a servant, like Jack the Ripper did?

Also:
SolipsistSerpent said:
Which frankly just counterbalances the fact she knows Prana Burst and he didn't know any magic, so it still means a normal human can go toe to toe with a servant sometimes.
Rieverre said:

Why are you bolding.... Oh, sorry by "he" I meant Kazuki, making your re-posting that argument about False Assassin rather completely pointless. My fault for being unclear.

Because Kazuki would have needed magical reinforcement to keep up with Saber 's Prana Boost when she was alive the situation was fairly unchanged after she became a Servant., so her being a Servant didn't really effect the outcome of the match was my main point.

Extraordinary humans can, temporarily, match servants especially if they take them by surprise or it's an area the Servant isn't specialized in and Archer not using his more exotic tricks yet is fighting with a considerable handicap. Rin beat Medea up in one path didn't she? (Although I suppose that's unfair since Archer actually does know how to sword fight whereas Medea apparently never bothered learning unarmed combat). But if the human doesn't win fast, the Servant will just bring their broken powers to bear and crush them. Kazuki might have been able to surprise Saber in close combat, but he couldn't have dealt with an Excalibur blast and probably wouldn't have been able to do what he did if she had Avalon and lots of prana. (And Rin couldn't have stood up to Caster's ranged attacks).

Similarly, Archer no doubt has plenty of ways to deal with this situation, because in the end Servants legends just give them too many ridiculous super-powers for humans (especially if you're Berserker, it seems).

Is there still an interest in this thread beyond the power level discussion?

Yesh! You may pat pat my fluffy tail if you makes an update~

Liam-don said:
Is there still an interest in this thread beyond the power level discussion?
I ignore that shit, it happens al lthe time with nasu

i am interested with character development and story so please continue

I'm reading it for the story, and would be somewhat sad to see this die permanently.

But if all the people saying "No, you, the GM, are wrong, in your own thread," are getting to you, I'll understand.

useless101 said:
But if all the people saying "No, you, the GM, are wrong, in your own thread," are getting to you, I'll understand.

If that is the problem, all the GM needs to do is say 'AU BITCHTITS I AINT GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT!'. Not that that's ever a barrier against the Lunatics.

Well, it's less the players' atittude and more the fact that I'm really unsatisfied with the way I handled things. I shouldn't have given you so much new stuff at the same time. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but after the fact, I'm not so sure.

Liam-don said:
Well, it's less the players' atittude and more the fact that I'm really unsatisfied with the way I handled thingx. I shouldn't have given you so much new stuff at the same time. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but after the fact, I'm not so sure.

I've done that before in my table-top games. I'm prone to both being overly giving with rewards and making really difficult encounters for my local D&D group

Okay, from tomorrow on I should be back to a timetable where I could post reliably. So:

[] Continue?
[] Reload?
[] New Game?
[] Game Over?

[X] Continue

Why thank you for your support Larekko12, always a pleasure to see.

Well, if Liam-don as the GM doesn't like where the game is right now, no point in voting to continue and leaving another dead quest in the archive now is there?

[x] New Game

SilberUndGuld said:
Well, if Liam-don as the GM doesn't like where the game is right now, no point in voting to continue and leaving another dead quest in the archive now is there?

[x] New Game
Well, I'm the one who brought it there. ???

If I didn't want to continue, I'd have said so.

Liam-don said:
Well, I'm the one who brought it there. ???

If I didn't want to continue, I'd have said so.
^_^;

As you said you were unsatisfied with where this quest currently was, I thought it would be less work for you if we decided to start it anew.
I thought it would be more likely that you would drop this if we were to continue as is.

Guess I'm wrong, sorry about that.

Fellgar said:

did you miss the reboot?

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=286.0

edit: no, just found you in the rebooted quest.

are you voting to have both quests running at the same time?

that seems like... a bad idea.

Well on one hand, I could continue this thread, but it would considerably slow the reboot.

On the other, I'm apparently moving the other thread too fast.

On the third hand, I'm trying to revive Wallflower Quest and also working on something else altogether.

So I don't know, you tell me.

Liam-don said:
Well on one hand, I could continue this thread, but it would considerably slow the reboot.

On the other, I'm apparently moving the other thread too fast.

On the third hand, I'm trying to revive Wallflower Quest and also working on something else altogether.

So I don't know, you tell me.
Depends on what the "something else" is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back